Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #1  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default Need some ideas for working out.

I need some major ideas for exercising that I can do INSIDE that is not extremely "hard" on any certain points of your body especially your back. I can't handle the cold very well without my joints aching really bad. So instead of NOT exercising, I need something I can do indoors.

I need something that will help the whole body preferably.
I need something that is pretty quiet/does not require a lot of jumping etc.

*I was leaning more towards the mini elliptical or the stepper.
Which do you guys suggest?
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I have broke my back and neck in the past and have had 5 discs fused in my neck and I have an artificial shoulder. I use the treadmill (if weather is bad), elliptical, exercise bands & light weights and pilates. I do occasionally go to a Water Aerobic class, which I love, but the chemicals irritate my skin if I go too often. I also, in the past, have done yoga.

Right now I just have to get motivated, lol!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Put on some music and dance

If you have knee issues, I'd stay away from the stepper.

Usually, I just do Leslie Sansone type moves-marching in place, side steps, knee lifts, etc., while I watch shows on tv that I've recorded. I also have a hand weights/rubber tubing routine that I follow.

Good luck!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/183/150

Height: 5' 6"

I've got the "In Motion" mini elliptical, without handle bars (but you need to put the back of a chair in front of it in case you lose your balance). I think I paid just under $100. It works well as part of my routine. I use it when there's chance of ice outside (I've slipped and fell too many times!).

I'll watch a TV show while I use it, and then during the commercials I switch to doing a set with hand weights, squats, kicks, etc. When I'm done with a set, I get back to the elliptical until the next commercial. This keeps my heart rate at a nice pace, and gives my arms a chance to recover.

I consider this an easy workout, but I still work up a sweat. I'll go between one and two hours this way. Make sure your form is correct with the hand weights and squats, etc., and you'll have no problem with your back.
Salley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #5  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Yoga, yoga, yoga. I had serious back issues a few years ago, and yoga kept me flexible while I healed and got stronger.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

+1 for yoga!

Yoga is not just one type of exercise. It can be strength-building, cardio, flexibility, and/or restorative.

There are some free full-length yoga classes on YouTube. Try out different styles and types and see how you feel.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote