South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Default SBD Chat - Monday 01/02/12

Good morning! I posted last night on the thread, but I'm back and starting up phase one today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and welcome back, Angie! Thanks for starting the Daily today. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your new house, it's gorgeous! Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy many happy years there.

So here we are in a brand new week in a brand new year. It's time for a fresh start, and I'm determined to make this year a good one. My kitchen has been purged and restocked with lots of yummy, healthy options, so I'm good to go. No excuses!

Today I get to enjoy one last day of school vacation with my girls before they go back to school. I haven't seen them since Thursday morning and have no idea what they have in store for me. I'm sure we'll have a great day, though.

So how's your day looking?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Angie - welcome back! The house is lovely, I'm so excited for you

Cottage

Got up a little late so lots to do this morning. Let's all have a healthy, on plan day
Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been on my morning projects and all of a sudden I'm on the countdown to work. How did that happen??

Angie, welcome back and thanks for getting us started. I don't have time this am but will return later and check out your house pics. I'm so excited for you!

Linda, I'm with you on a brand new year. I think all the off plan foods are out of my house, too.

Cyndi, hope your coffee was tasty! See you later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Angie - welcome back, and thanks for starting us up today!

Cottage - I still need to purge the house. Hopefully, that means getting rid of it, not eating it!

Cyndi - I hope you are taking care of yourself .

I have one more day of excuses....I took today off, since the rest of my family has it off. I didn't want to plan a phase I, then we go traveling somewhere (I don't know what our plans are yet!). I am planning to start tomorrow. My exercise has been good this past week, and that makes a HUGE difference in my attitude otherwise, including eating.

Wow - I just looked out our windows...what a beautiful brilliant sunrise!!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and welcome back to you Angie. I looked at your house pictures and just love the stained glass touches - a charming and welcoming looking house! (They do have personalities, you know.)

Cottage, I hope that cold has eased off a bit and that you have a great day with your girlies. Give them 2012 hugs from me, OK.

Cyndi, I hope your day is successful and peacful and that Julie continues to improve.

Well, it's the first "real" day of 2012 and I am about to purge my fridge. I'm a tad disappointed in myself for gaining two pounds over the holidays despite my selective eating. I'm pretty sure it was from "liquids" and I do not mean water. The gym is not open today (NY's Holiday) but I may get out for a walk with my new Nordic walking poles. We are supposed to get more snow today so there'll be some shoveling too.

It's nice to see us with renewed enthusiasm for the battle even if it is fueled by coffee!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Angie - Hi! Welcome back.

Linda - I'm with you in spirit... but my kitchen won't get purged until my boys head back to school (Friday and next week).

Cyndi - Let's!!!

Debbie - Time flies! Except when I'm trying to ignore a food craving and it dragggggsss.

Twynn - Enjoy your family day. I miss being able to do cardio - that is having a huge negative impact on me

Ruth - Love the avatar. Springy.

So... confession... I did well last week and NYE, but yesterday got on the scale for my first weigh in of the year and was not happy with the number and let that send me into a spiral of emotional eating. So, of course, the number is worse today. Okay... enough of that. The plan works if I stick to it!!!

Working out with my mom and trainer today. Family dinner planned which is rare since the teen is usually off socializing. OP for me with extra stuff for the rest of them. And the plan is to take down the tree. We'll see if that happens. Also, had some sort of electrical short circuit last night so hubby is going to experiment today before calling an electrician. Cross your fingers he doesn't get shocked!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Today is also the first day of the New Year for me, and I'm starting Phase 1 today. We're all off school/work, but I am going to use the time to get myself straightened around food wise and prepare for tomorrow. As my new flex plan $$ kicked in yesterday, I made an acupuncture appointment for this afternoon. I love acupuncture for balancing myself out.

This morning I'll do errands and then spend some time with my son, and then my husband is going to take him on an adventure so I'll have the afternoon to exercise, tidy up and get to my appointment. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year! January arrived and brought cold with it. It's supposed to be in the teens by tonight!

Angie, Welcome back. Beautiful new house!

Linda, I'm jealous of your already-purged-kitchen!

Cyndi, I wished I could send you a lovely cup of coffee yesterday.

Debbie, Have a great day at work!

Twynn, I wish I were a runner...

Ruth, I've had wine and Baileys the past two days. I'm scared of the scale!

Karen, Your hubby sounds like mine -- more testosterone than sense.

Mathilda, An adventure with the son sounds more fun than an appointment with needles.

I slept till 7:15 this morning. It's going to be rough when the alarm clock goes off in the morning. One more day of holiday before back to reality for me. Auston goes back to school Thursday.

Last edited by Chelby29; 01-02-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday everyone.

Matilda, that's cool about your flex $$. Normally I'm happy to flip to the new calendar year to get more insurance money, but this year I was in a rush to fill our prescriptions in 2011 to postpone paying the deductible for 2012!

I also purged my kitchen, organized and cleaned. Feels good

Just sitting on the couch with a coffee as my sick kid watches some Thomas the tank engine. Wanted to head out for a run but it's cold and windy, so I think I'll head to the gym later instead.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #11  

Good Morning Beachies,

I am hoping for a better day today than yesterday, down with a migraine (a go hid in the bedroom all day kind of one). So that ruined that day.

But today is a new day, and I feel alot better, will think positive that I it will not come back.

We had our snow and now it is 16 degrees (-1 wind chill) they say the windchill will hit -10 today. Burrr. I could never understand why we don't have wind chills in the summer, when we could use that information and appreciate it?

I have a little housework to do, but then I am going to enjoy the day.

Enjoy your day.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Yes, today is indeed a new day and a new year. I too have gained some lbs. but the important thing is to realize it has happened and jump back on the wagon and not do it in March or April when another 15 lbs have snug back on. That is the most important thing I have learned by coming on here and getting everyones support. As someone said here, its not what you eat between Christmas and New Year but what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Have a good day chickies
take care
Sophie
Old 01-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, (it's still morning here for 5 more minutes hehe)

Day 2 of Phase 1 for me, yesterday went well and so far today has gone well. I am at work but am leaving at 1:30 p.m. to pick up DD2 for dentist appointment.

Today is DS Birthday and he turned 20 years old today. My DH is picking up a cake for him, I will have to resist this cake. My goal this year is to take off 50 lbs by the end of the year.

Enjoy the rest of your day!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Good afternoon all, I wanted to restart phase 1 today but the fridge and pantry aren't ready so tomorrow it is. I'm planning my meals from the recipe list as we speak. I feel so much better without a lot of breads so I need lots of ideas because we've been a meat and potatoes/pasta family. I'm excited to try new recipes for veggies and salads.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Thanks everyone, for the compliments on the house! We sure are loving home ownership so far. And it has been very fun getting to know a new neighborhood.

Day 1 going good so far...realized I wasn't going to make the huge shopping trip I was planning on, but am managing to stay OP anyway! Shopping will come tomorrow. I cannot wait for a fully stocked healthy kitchen again. We haven't been "big" grocery shopping in 4 months! It has just been the necessities to get us between meals that we brought home from work.

Having friends over for dinner, then we are going to Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight! I just finished the book last week, so the timing is fantastic! Anyone else seen it?
Closed Thread