Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PTL, KAREN ~ glad to hear all that good news; that the boys are well and they have a caring Auntie nearby to watch over them. Also glad to hear that your FIL's pneumonia is better; sorry that the other meds aren't working anymore. Am sending up prayers for him, and for TIM & his family over the next while for peace, and comfort, and strength ...
Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Karen continuing to keep your family in prayer.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Please help get this video out there! This is my cousins daughter and they are having a very hard time with this problem. No one deserves to be treated like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKN4...eature=mh_lolz
Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #34  
Rosebud

KAREN ~ prayers going up for your cousin's daughter and this issue; yes, kids can be very cruel to each other. I'm so glad she went to her parents for help & support: she's such a beautiful girl!!!

My niece had a similar incident with her friends -- they spread nasty & untrue rumors on the net and via emails (which are just another tool being used to bully & harass other kids, sadly). It was resolved thanks to my sister's amazing investigating skills, but it was still hurtful to my niece at the time.

TODAY'S LESSON LEARNED ~ We must be very careful what we say, becuz when we put someone down, we are also hurting those who are watching or listening ...
Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #35  

These girls hacked into her facebook and her email and said all kinds of things and then after they were sure everyone had seen it and before her parents could get screen shots they deleted the messages. The school hasn't done anything yet. With so many bad things happening I am praying that her parents go ahead and take this to the police.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I woke this morning, early, with the feeling someone here needed extra prayer for some reason.

That is not something that normally happens to me. Could be one of you or none of you

So, you have all been prayed for

Karen that is a shame what has happened to your cousin's daughter. I am afraid we will continue to see more of these things

Cute kid by the way! She will be fine I bet
Old 01-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #37  

Hello everyone! Just jumping into your thread. Wanting to get aquainted on the forum.
This bullying is really getting out of control everwhere. This kids are really in despair and feel they have no where to turn. Some are losing their lives over it. Thankful that this girl has prayer warriors on her side. We serve an awesome Lord. I will be praying for her too. In Jesus name,
Chris
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #38  
hope | amal | أَمَل

S/C/G: 216/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4" (1.63m)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
These girls hacked into her facebook and her email and said all kinds of things and then after they were sure everyone had seen it and before her parents could get screen shots they deleted the messages. The school hasn't done anything yet. With so many bad things happening I am praying that her parents go ahead and take this to the police.
Unfortunately "hacking" into someone's facebook account and saying mean things isn't really a police matter. As an IT professional, I can also tell you that there are almost no ways for a schoolage child to "hack" into someone's account, and I would bet money that the girls shared passwords in the past. This is very common these days for people to do, and a good lesson in keeping your private things private, do not share passwords even with the best of friends.

It doesn't make it right -- bullying is awful, miserable, cowardly, tactless and vile -- but it still isn't really something you can take to the police or the school administration. Unfortunately this is just a case of schoolage drama gone way too far. Bullying is low, but I think we have to be cautious about over-reacting to these matters at the same time.

Kids can be cruel to each other, and I certainly remember (being the victim of) it. But I was told to hold my head high and only keep the company of people who were worth my time. That was the lesson I was taught and that was the lesson I took with me in life. I think it is equally important for kids to be taught strength of character and good choices, as it is to teach children to always be kind to each other and seek reasonable solutions to conflict.

Anyway..

Bullying of any kind is still uncalled for and a great sin against both God and our fellow man. In my faith, God makes this crystal clear: [49:11] O you who believe, let not any people ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names; miserable indeed is the name of wickedness after attaining faith. And anyone who does not repent, then these are the transgressors.

[2:263] Kind words and forgiveness are far better than a charity that is followed by harm. God is Rich, Compassionate.

I hope she seeks from God the strength to overcome her difficulties in the best way, and that God provides her clear guidance.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #39  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi. I have something I'd like lifted in prayer.

My husband has been very unhappy in his job for a long time and has been praying for direction. He has received it and we both feel it's the direction he's to go. So, with my support, he quit his full time job with the state and is going back to school in order to get his teaching certification. He has a huge passion for football and loves coaching.

God freed me from anxiety a couple of years ago and deep down, I know that since this was God's direction for my husband, everything will fall into place. I am, however, human and I am feeling anxiety beginning to creep up in regards to our finances. On paper, we are able to handle all of our financial obligations with my income. We do need some income from him to cover food, gas, and extras. Thankfully, God bless him with some reffing opportunities, but those will end when basketball season ends.

Last night, a random lady began asking him about his coaching experience at the YMCA. She told him of the Sports Director position that was open. He had applied before and did not receive an interview, which he told her. She said they have a new CEO and she's going to tell the CEO to find his resume and get in touch with him. The football program is their money maker and they need a strong person there. My hubby has been coaching football at the Y for the last 8 years and is very familiar with their football program.

This would be such an answer to prayer. It would be a job that he could work around his school schedule and bring in at least what I feel we need to feel comfortable financially. I pray this all works out, as hubby would love to do this. Whether or not this works, I have faith that God will see us through.

Thanks for your prayers (sorry for the ramble. lol)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #40  

Karen, praying for your cousin's daughter that she will not allow these bullies to ruin her life. It is my opinion the expression "what goes around , comes around" is true,These girls will pay for it some way or another.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #41  

Lisa, praying that God will provide for you at this time,providing the income you need at this time.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #42  
Rosebud

LISA-LOU ~ ^prayers^ sent up for you; plus, your husband and the school/income situation & job opportunity too ...

GARY ~ thanks for the extra prayers; I can always use them. My blood sugar levels seem to dive now and then. DH and I prayed about that this afternoon, then I felt better. So, we also decided to have dinner a bit earlier than usual to see if that helps. I am doing well eating healthy, but have to make sure I eat enuff too. My biggest desire these days seems to be just to feel good every day; good health is such a blessing.

Adalyn ~ I think you're right about the passwords: somewhere in there, she said that she had changed her password now so that others couldn't get in anymore. Plus, she is learning (like we all do) who our real friends are (or are not, in this case).

CHRIS ~ we're always glad to have another Prayer Warrior join us over here.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #43  

Hello and Thanks all for the comments on my cousins daughter. I dod believe that a lot of jealousy has entered into this. The reason that I feel the police should be involved is because the parents have now jumped on their facebooks, started calling the home and threatening her and the whole family. Right now the school is on break so maybe things will cool down before they have to go back in 3 weeks. But the school does know, they called in the parents and the other girls. The ony thing that was settled was she should change two of her classes so she wouldn't be in their classes!! Oh well, I am not there and pretty sure i don't know the whole story but this is still wrong. Here is a response that I gave earlier.

"Maybe some jealousy for sure--- She was Miss Preteen Alaska when she lived there. She is now Miss preteen Milani Hawaii, where they are living now, has just signed a contract with a modeling agency, has been in several pageants and sang the National Anthem at several of the games in Alaska. I didn't say all that to brag-- I haven't seen her since she was tiny, and she may have an attitude too. But dog gone it no one needs to be treated like that.. I really hope her Mom does something and being military over there you think she would have some more options. I don't know."

Anyway, thanks again for all the prayers and support. I know that with Gods help things will work out.

Sending prayers out for all.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #44  
Rosebud

KAREN ~ I showed that video of your niece to my DH the other day; and the first thing he said was ... "THEY ARE JEALOUS OF HER!" And, I said, "NO KIDDING!" No doubt, GOD has big plans for this young lady ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-27-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #45  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Was hoping I'd never have to ask for prayer requests but am needing some for my SIL who was just dx'd w/thyroid cancer and my other SIL who was just dx'd with aggressive breast cancer.

Thanks.
Closed Thread