Old 01-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Simply filling/Core: Jan 1- Jan 8

Good morning, Chickies. Here are your new pages, fill them up!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #2  

So, to start the new year, I'm making egg white omelletes and oatmeal. Later today, we're going to a lunch with politically like-minded friends to kick off the campaign year. Whatever you're doing today, I hope you enjoy yourselves!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Happy New Year!!!

I'm doing laundry, brushing the dog, cleaning out the insides of my new MBR cabinets and putting my tons of stuff away that came out of the old cabinets.

Oh yeah.....and I'm cooking turkey thighs and Core mashed potatoes for dinner. Having some corn and cranberry sauce too. Yum!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Happy New Year!

Rhonda and Vickie, sounds like you are having good healthy foods today. We are, too. We went to church this morning then out to lunch with friends. I ate almost CORE. Actually, I did really well. Later today I'll make the Jumpin' John and corn pones.

I had my official wi this morning and was the same. At least I didn't gain during the holidays. Well, I really did regain what I lost at the first of the Christmas Challenge, but being back to "start" is all right for me.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #5  

I started out healthily, but ate sweets this afternoon. That's all right though. I can stop. On the way home I saw that the gym is open so I'm headed back out to work out No time like the present!

Last edited by Tejas; 01-01-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,Went to church than brunch than to th e movies to see Mission Impossible. After the movie we went to the 99 Restaurant.

Tomorrow I will try to put some of the Cards and other decorations away. Than either Tues or Wed going to Trader Joes to pick up small individual portion sizes of frozen Italian Foods like Eggplant and Lasagna and other Ethnic foods that my DD introduced me to.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,I start my exercising tomorrow. Now that my hip and knee is OK.Going to use the exercising bike and some walking tapes in the evening.

SANDRA-I had to give up the challenge around and after TG as I blew up alike a balloon gaining 20 lbs,Thanks Goodness it was only water and I lost 7 lbs of it. I still have a least 20 lbs to go to reach my 150 goal.

Have a great evening and I see you guys tomorrow.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, good for you for going to the gym. That's a great way to start the new year.

Maryann, you'll drop those lbs soon. (I wish I weighed wish I weighed what you weigh.)

Well, Old John wasn't Jumpin'; he was Hoppin'. Guess I mixed up Jumpin' Jacks and Hoppin' John. (Edith Bunker moment.)

Whatever it's called, I liked it; Curtis didn't. Life goes on. At least it was CORE.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #8  

I only did the ebike, but it was something. I measured my BP before and after...no change at all. That's good news.

Tomorrow, I'll measure it during weight lifting and see what happens.

Sandra, whatever it's called, as you say, it was black-eyed peas. That's all that matters.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #9  

Happy New Year!!!!

This site was acting up yesterday, so I didn't post.

We walked twice yesterday. Husband is still complaining about his legs hurting. Says it's the muscle. We started out today, and he was hurting, and wanted to cut it short. I continued on and did almost 2 miles, and I think he managed short of 1 mile. I was able to speed it up, which I loved. He is just too slow for me lol.

I remember reading once about weight lifting and CAD. I asked my dr about it and he agreed. Something to do with the blood flow in the arteries. Hope I'm able to do the kettle bells, when they get here.

I needed a new pair of walking shoes, and bought he Sketcher Shape-ups. Man oh man, my calves are really sore today so they must do what they claim. My daughter bought a pair when she was in Beauty school and said they really work the legs.

Off to shower, have a wonderful week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not doing much today,going to take it easy.Suppose to get cold starting tomorrow,and cooler on Wed when I decided to go to Trader Joes.I have to get there before the snows come.

SANDRA-Hopefully, I was so swollen around TG for my inflamed bursitis on my hip.I could hardly walk,but now that I had the cortisone shot[12/15] things are back to normal. Wanted to go back to the doctor for a water pill,but between the holidays the doctors are not in. Can't believe, before TG I was 159.5 and than gained 20 to 179.5 from the water and now I'm 171 so I still have 12 lbs more to go to get back to 159.5. Going back to exercising today,on my stationery bike as its too cold to walk along the beach.

RHONDA-What is a ebike?????????????Sound interesting.

PAM-Sorry about your DH not being able to walk so far,it could be bursitis in his leg.My doctor explained that we have a bursa acts as a cushion between bones, tendons, joints and muscles - bursae are fluid-filled sacs (the plural of bursa is bursae). People with bursitis will feel pain at the site of inflammation. I used to go faster in walking than my DH,but now I have slowed down. I'm now on the CAD as I thinking I eating to many carbs and I like to get my A1C #'s down before going back to the doctor in March.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

I'm at my son's waiting on the grands to wake up. It's a beautiful day here with lots of sunshine. The temps are cool. The wind is minimal. I had oatmeal for breakfast. Life is good.

Maryann, ebike means exercise bike. I understand your concern about so much water weight. Have you been tested to find out what causes it?

Rhonda, I hope you're able to exercise without its effecting your bp.

We had 4 mallards on our pond this morning.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #12  

I didn't get to measure my BP at the gym today because the monitor was acting up. I have another one now and will measure BP next time I lift weights. After the gym I took a very long walk with one of tap friends and we saw a blue heron and ducks along a stream.

We just had a wonderful supper: grilled salmon filets and a vegetable casserole made with frozen mixed veggies, ff cream of mushroom soup, ff evaporated milk, mustard, garlic and a bit of bread crumbs. The casserole was really tasty.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that does sound good.

I'm subbing tomorrow then again Friday. I don't think I will sub any other days this week. I'm supposed to be retired.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I weighed this morning, and I'm 2 lbs away from my starting weight I think I lost control when my dad died, and I never got it back. As you can imagine, I am not very happy with myself. I will start eating core foods tomorrow but will try to stay away from starches for awhile. I plan to focus on lean meats, fruit, and veggies. I won't be able to exercise until I am cleared by my physical therapist, though. I also plan to try and be here more often as well. You chicks are the best cheerleaders!

Hope you all are warm and cozy. It is freezing here in middle Tennessee.

Nighty, night !

Last edited by sloanie; 01-02-2012 at 10:08 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #15  

All the kids have returned to school and I going to do a major cleaning tomorrow. Its always surprising how cluttered ,dirty & unorganized my house can get in just a few weeks of kids & pets.

I am pretty sure I had food poisoning last night. Felt great until 7 and then
had extreme V & D for about 4 hours. No one else got sick but I ate some bean soup that no one else ate. I was careless about letting it sit in the crockpot too long while it cooled and also turned the pot off while I ran errands.

So my plan was to be South Beach when the kids left but today I needed to slowly eat some soup & crackers. I will get started in the next day or so.

I did well during the holidays because everyone was here but now I am getting hit with a really sad wave..It feels like everyone else has these
huge big close families . I wish I had 8 brothers & sisters ..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote