Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core: Jan 1- Jan 8

View Full Version : Simply filling/Core: Jan 1- Jan 8

Tejas
01-01-2012, 10:47 AM
:newyear:

Good morning, Chickies. Here are your new pages, fill them up!

Tejas
01-01-2012, 10:49 AM
So, to start the new year, I'm making egg white omelletes and oatmeal. Later today, we're going to a lunch with politically like-minded friends to kick off the campaign year. Whatever you're doing today, I hope you enjoy yourselves!

Vickie
01-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Happy New Year!!!

I'm doing laundry, brushing the dog, cleaning out the insides of my new MBR cabinets and putting my tons of stuff away that came out of the old cabinets.

Oh yeah.....and I'm cooking turkey thighs and Core mashed potatoes for dinner. Having some corn and cranberry sauce too. Yum!!

ontarget
01-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Happy New Year!

Rhonda and Vickie, sounds like you are having good healthy foods today. We are, too. We went to church this morning then out to lunch with friends. I ate almost CORE. Actually, I did really well. Later today I'll make the Jumpin' John and corn pones.

I had my official wi this morning and was the same. At least I didn't gain during the holidays. Well, I really did regain what I lost at the first of the Christmas Challenge, but being back to "start" is all right for me.

Tejas
01-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I started out healthily, but ate sweets this afternoon. That's all right though. I can stop. On the way home I saw that the gym is open so I'm headed back out to work out :woops: No time like the present!

beach bum
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi Ladies:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,Went to church than brunch than to th e movies to see Mission Impossible. After the movie we went to the 99 Restaurant.

Tomorrow I will try to put some of the Cards and other decorations away. Than either Tues or Wed going to Trader Joes to pick up small individual portion sizes of frozen Italian Foods like Eggplant and Lasagna and other Ethnic foods that my DD introduced me to.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,I start my exercising tomorrow. Now that my hip and knee is OK.Going to use the exercising bike and some walking tapes in the evening.

SANDRA-I had to give up the challenge around and after TG as I blew up alike a balloon gaining 20 lbs,Thanks Goodness it was only water and I lost 7 lbs of it. I still have a least 20 lbs to go to reach my 150 goal.

Have a great evening and I see you guys tomorrow.

ontarget
01-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Rhonda, good for you for going to the gym. That's a great way to start the new year.

Maryann, you'll drop those lbs soon. (I wish I weighed wish I weighed what you weigh.)

Well, Old John wasn't Jumpin'; he was Hoppin'. Guess I mixed up Jumpin' Jacks and Hoppin' John. (Edith Bunker moment.) :dizzy:

Whatever it's called, I liked it; Curtis didn't. Life goes on. At least it was CORE.

Tejas
01-02-2012, 01:10 AM
I only did the ebike, but it was something. I measured my BP before and after...no change at all. That's good news.

Tomorrow, I'll measure it during weight lifting and see what happens.

Sandra, whatever it's called, as you say, it was black-eyed peas. That's all that matters.

pam920
01-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Happy New Year!!!!

This site was acting up yesterday, so I didn't post.

We walked twice yesterday. Husband is still complaining about his legs hurting. Says it's the muscle. We started out today, and he was hurting, and wanted to cut it short. I continued on and did almost 2 miles, and I think he managed short of 1 mile. I was able to speed it up, which I loved. He is just too slow for me lol.

I remember reading once about weight lifting and CAD. I asked my dr about it and he agreed. Something to do with the blood flow in the arteries. Hope I'm able to do the kettle bells, when they get here.

I needed a new pair of walking shoes, and bought he Sketcher Shape-ups. Man oh man, my calves are really sore today so they must do what they claim. My daughter bought a pair when she was in Beauty school and said they really work the legs.

Off to shower, have a wonderful week.

beach bum
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Not doing much today,going to take it easy.Suppose to get cold starting tomorrow,and cooler on Wed when I decided to go to Trader Joes.I have to get there before the snows come.

SANDRA-Hopefully, I was so swollen around TG for my inflamed bursitis on my hip.I could hardly walk,but now that I had the cortisone shot[12/15] things are back to normal. Wanted to go back to the doctor for a water pill,but between the holidays the doctors are not in. Can't believe, before TG I was 159.5 and than gained 20 to 179.5 from the water and now I'm 171 so I still have 12 lbs more to go to get back to 159.5. Going back to exercising today,on my stationery bike as its too cold to walk along the beach.

RHONDA-What is a ebike?????????????Sound interesting.

PAM-Sorry about your DH not being able to walk so far,it could be bursitis in his leg.My doctor explained that we have a bursa acts as a cushion between bones, tendons, joints and muscles - bursae are fluid-filled sacs (the plural of bursa is bursae). People with bursitis will feel pain at the site of inflammation. I used to go faster in walking than my DH,but now I have slowed down. I'm now on the CAD as I thinking I eating to many carbs and I like to get my A1C #'s down before going back to the doctor in March.

Have a great day

ontarget
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm at my son's waiting on the grands to wake up. It's a beautiful day here with lots of sunshine. The temps are cool. The wind is minimal. I had oatmeal for breakfast. Life is good.

Maryann, ebike means exercise bike. I understand your concern about so much water weight. Have you been tested to find out what causes it?

Rhonda, I hope you're able to exercise without its effecting your bp.

We had 4 mallards on our pond this morning.

Tejas
01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I didn't get to measure my BP at the gym today because the monitor was acting up. I have another one now and will measure BP next time I lift weights. After the gym I took a very long walk with one of tap friends and we saw a blue heron and ducks along a stream.

We just had a wonderful supper: grilled salmon filets and a vegetable casserole made with frozen mixed veggies, ff cream of mushroom soup, ff evaporated milk, mustard, garlic and a bit of bread crumbs. The casserole was really tasty.

ontarget
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Rhonda, that does sound good.

I'm subbing tomorrow then again Friday. I don't think I will sub any other days this week. I'm supposed to be retired.

sloanie
01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I weighed this morning, and I'm 2 lbs away from my starting weight :( I think I lost control when my dad died, and I never got it back. As you can imagine, I am not very happy with myself. I will start eating core foods tomorrow but will try to stay away from starches for awhile. I plan to focus on lean meats, fruit, and veggies. I won't be able to exercise until I am cleared by my physical therapist, though. I also plan to try and be here more often as well. You chicks are the best cheerleaders!

Hope you all are warm and cozy. It is freezing here in middle Tennessee.

Nighty, night !

nancy237
01-02-2012, 11:58 PM
All the kids have returned to school and I going to do a major cleaning tomorrow. Its always surprising how cluttered ,dirty & unorganized my house can get in just a few weeks of kids & pets.

I am pretty sure I had food poisoning last night. Felt great until 7 and then
had extreme V & D for about 4 hours. No one else got sick but I ate some bean soup that no one else ate. I was careless about letting it sit in the crockpot too long while it cooled and also turned the pot off while I ran errands.

So my plan was to be South Beach when the kids left but today I needed to slowly eat some soup & crackers. I will get started in the next day or so.

I did well during the holidays because everyone was here but now I am getting hit with a really sad wave..It feels like everyone else has these
huge big close families . I wish I had 8 brothers & sisters ..

Vickie
01-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I have the painter coming today to give us an estimate to fix the damage done by last Winter's blizzard. Finally!!! This was what got us started on all the other projects that we thought we needed to do before fixing the damage, including all that new insulation. It'll probably be two bathrooms and the kitchen. Not looking forward to more workers, but we've used this company a lot and they are in and out quickly. Not like the month for the MBR.

I made turkey thighs in a turkey bag yesterday with some Core mashed potatoes and they were awesome. Not exactly Core, but not processed either. That makes me happy. Today it will be something JC, supplemented with applesauce and fresh veggies. Jim is back on the treadmill and watching himself so that always makes it easier for me.

It is FREEZING here today; only 12 degrees right now heading for a high of 25. Lordy.

Rhonda, you'll conquer whatever the situation is. I just know you will.

Sandra, take it easy girl! I love Core. Thanks for mentioning oatmeal. It reminds me that I have fresh blueberries in the fruit drawer. How were the Grands?

Sloan, it is what it is. Nothing to beat yourself up over. Just dust yourself off and start over. That's what I had to do when I gained the 50 pounds back that I'd lost after my best friend died. Now I'm stuck at the same 50 pounds off and inching back up. Maybe we can help each other.

Nancy, anyone would be sad when the house empties after a holiday. Just try to get back into your projects and errands. And....it sounds like you have some good friends so lean on them and us. I've had some viscous food poisoning and it is not easy to bounce back from. Give yourself a couple of days.

Tejas
01-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Sloanie :cheer3: You can do it.

Nancy, I think that post visit slump is to be respected and, as Vickie says, food poisoning can take it out of you. Be extra-special nice to yourself.

I'm going to go on the DASH diet. It has been well-researched and helps some people with their lipid levels. I'm going out to buy the book now, right after I go to the gym for a session with the elliptical.

DH wants to go out for Mexican food later. OK, this is my challenge: no chips, no cheese dip, no Margarita, and eat a salad with grilled chicken. I can do this :lol:

pam920
01-03-2012, 12:55 PM
you are a stronger woman than I would be Rhonda. Can't seem to pass up those chips and salsa.

My left hip is killing me. I know it's from the Shape-ups. It's super cold here today(anything under 60 is cold for Florida), only 43 right now and very windy. I think I have a date with Leslie instead of walking outside.

Nancy, I don't have a large family anymore. Just my kids and grandkids. I get a little sad during the holidays, remembering all the good times we had and missing those that have passed. Hope you are feeling better today.

sloanie, I would be happy to be at your starting weight. I have a good 20 lbs to lose.

Vickie, does it ever end? Where are the pics of your bathroom?

beach bum
01-03-2012, 03:32 PM

Had a busy morning,trying to run errands to the banks as they were closed yesterday on account of the holiday & now getting my dinner cooked.

Nothing new,going to wash my bed linens and bathroom towels this afternoon.

SANDRA-Thanks I going to give mine a try this afternoon some time.I really need to start exercising again. I was concerned but didn't need to go to the doctor to tell me It had to be an inflamed bursa as he explained it to me before the MRI and once I had the cortisone shot the pain and the water disappeared.

RHONDA-In the 99 Restaurant the have a small meal for lunch with 3 0z grilled salmon & grilled veggies[asparagus,broccoli and tomatoes] that was simply delicious. All for only 369 calories. This year I'm going to buy more fish for dinner than I did last year.

SLOANE-That seems like a healthy diet. I'm watching my starches also. I'm on the CAD in order to get my A1C numbers down again. Going to the doctor for another blood test in March.

NANCY-Sorry about you having food poison I had it once and don't want that again.Hope your better again. I know the feeling of being alone again after the holiday.I have one sister and 2 children liking in other state,and can't get together that often. But my best advice is start to get busy again. Best is to go out with a friend shopping at the mall and than out to dinner would break up the day.I try to do that once a week with one friend and then go to the movies and dinner with other friend. This way I have tow days that's I have something to do,and than in between I either grocery shop or clean/straighten out the house.

VICKIE-We are going to get your 12 degree temps today on Cape Cod. Hope that the workers on your bathroom and kitchen not too costly.

PAM-Sorry about your left hip hurting you. Hope it goes away fast and now like mine with a inflamed bursa.

Have to go,have a great day

ontarget
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I subbed today with 5th Graders and am exhausted. I am scheduled to sub Friday but may have to cancel. We just got news that our cousin (Curtis' side) passed away last night. He's a young man with 2 young sons. Sad.

Sloan, we're here for you. You're right. We all need to come here when we're struggling so we can get support. This is a great place with great folks. But you already know that.

Nancy, I am sorry you're sad. I wish I had some words of wisdom to share. Glad you're over the food poisoning.

Maryann, glad you're better. Wish I could lose weight that fast.

Rhonda, good luck with the Mexican food tonight. That'll definitely be a big challenge.

Vickie, hopefully, the guys will finish soon. You're food sounds good. I'm hungry now and may not be making a lot of sense here. I need to get off and eat.

I made some CORE chicken salad and am going to go have some. I confess it's not too good since it's made with ff mayo but I'm going to eat it and be happy I have it. :lol:

sloanie
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I always feel the love when I talk to you!

Nancy, I'm sending lots of hugs your way. I was wondering if you have looked into volunteering or even going back to work. Sometimes having a set schedule for things is good. Just throwin' that out there :)

I have eaten core food today and will have a mostly core dinner. No starches, so far, but dinner will be a casserole that is all core except for some white rice. The rice is not the main ingredient, so I should be okay as long I don't eat too much.

Hope you all have a cozy evening.

Tejas
01-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Sandra, please convey my condolences to Curtis.

I bought my DASH diet book, and Dean Ornish's relatively new book also. Then, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical at the gym.

I did OK with the Mexican food. I ate 4, count 'em, 4, tortilla chips with the grilled chicken salad and charro beans (about 1/4 cup). It wasn't too difficult. No cheese, no margarita..:nono:

ontarget
01-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Thank you, Rhonda. I'll tell him. I had a burger from a local cafe tonight. I'll count the points.

nancy237
01-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks everyone..

My dear sweet cousin knew I was a blue today so she came over and helped me clean the whole house..We rearranged furniture and got the tree down also.

My living room has an off center fireplace and its long shaped so furniture arrangement gets tricky. She thought of a way that looks so much better and gives me a cozy spot to sit in front of he fire.. Love it..

Sloanie..What is your goal to lose?? I want to go from 150 to 130. Next week is when I plan to get serious about the job hunting and I am sure that will help. I have been working on my house full time & I have been doing pretty well the last few months but I think the kids all leaving and being sick at the same time got to me ..Also my messy house was making it worse.

Rhonda..you did much better with the Mexican that I did tonight. Let us know what you learn about the DASH diet. Was that the one that began at Duke in Durham, NC. That's where I grew up. It may be another I am thinking of.

Maryann ..good advice about getting out with Friends..also that salmon meal at 99 sounds great.

Vickie..it sounds cold there..Good to do the indoor things you are doing.
Believe it or not I have painters coming in the morning to do 2 bedrooms.
I got a deal off groupon for 2 rooms for $120. Its just the walls and I supply the paint. I still need to go fill nail holes tonight. Whats our next project after this , since we always have the same thing going on I can just find out from you whats next:lol:

Sandra..I am so sorry..sad for it to be a young man with young kids..

sloanie
01-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Sandra, I'm sorry I neglected to offer my condolences. It's never easy to lose a family member, but a young dad is especially tough.

Nancy, sounds like your cousin was right on time. I want to go back to 130 lbs. I felt so good at that weight. It took me almost a year to lose it the last time. Don't want to take that long this time. Let me know how SBD goes.

Rhonda, my dietician friend highly, highly recommends DASH. Hope you like it!

TTFN

beach bum
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Its 25 degrees out and its only 8:30 so by the time its 11, I'm sure temps will be warmer to go out to Trader Joes,but before we will go out to lunch either at the Olive Garden or Fridays.

SANDRA-So sorry about Curtis's cousin passing.and leaving 2 children it is sad. Was he sick or did it happen suddenly????Thanks,hope the remaining weight will come off soon,as I didn't expect to gain that much between the 2 holidays and not from eating but water. The next time if happens I will ask the doctor for a water pill.

NANCY-Happy that your friend came of and helped you with your furniture arrangement by the fireplace. I had the same problems but I went to a web site called Americandrew.com where you can arrange your furniture on line and than make a copy of the floor plan.Showed to my friends and they all had good ideas where the furniture should be and than I made the final discussion. Thanks they the only way I could survive is with my friends. I went off of salmon for a while and now I back to eating it again as it has all those omega 3's & 6's.

Have to get dressed and head out to Trader Joe's.

Have a great day

beach bum
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM

Its 25 degrees out and its only 8:30 so by the time its 11, I'm sure temps will be warmer to go out to Trader Joes,but before we will go out to lunch either at the Olive Garden or Fridays.

SANDRA-So sorry about Curtis's cousin passing.and leaving 2 children it is sad. Was he sick or did it happen suddenly????Thanks,hope the remaining weight will come off soon,as I didn't expect to gain that much between the 2 holidays and not from eating but water. The next time if happens I will ask the doctor for a water pill.

NANCY-Happy that your friend came out and helped you with your furniture arrangement by the fireplace. I had the same problems but I went to a web site called Americandrew.com where you can arrange your furniture on line and than make a copy of the floor plan.Showed to my friends and they all had good ideas where the furniture should be and than I made the final discussion. Thanks they the only way I could survive is with my friends. I went off of salmon for a while and now I back to eating it again as it has all those omega 3's & 6's.

Have to get dressed and head out to Trader Joe's.

Have a great day

pam920
01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
good morning chicks. It's only 21 degrees here in Florida. Suppose to warm into the 50s. My hip is not so bad today. Still sore though.

Sandra, my condolences also. I use the lite mayo and it's pretty good.

Maryann, you don't walk when it's super cold, do you? We were going to go to the movies last week, but nothing looked good. I didn't want to go, just to go. If I have to sit for 2 hrs, I want the movie to be worth watching.

Rhonda, are you done with tap? I haven't heard you mention it lately. What is DASH? Is it hard to follow?

Nancy, glad your cousin helped make your living room more comfy. It does seem like you and Vickie are doing your homes together.

sloanie, I think brown rice might be core. It's been so long since I did core, I'm not sure.

I need to buckle down and get serious with my eating. My problem is snacking at night. Otherwise, I do fine during the day.

Tejas
01-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Here's a link to the DASH diet. This link talks mostly about BP, but it's good for all lipid issues.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf

It was developed at Duke University, I think. Anyway, it has been well-researched. Yes, it's easy, I think.

Tap starts tomorrow. We've been on a break and I've missed it.

Tejas
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Here's some research about why it is so difficult. But, don't let it discourage you. Use the information to your advantage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-trap.html?_r=1&emc=eta1

ontarget
01-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Thank you all for your warm wishes. Curtis and I are leaving in the morning and will be gone till Saturday. I won't be online till we get back.

Maryann, he felt ill Friday and went to Er. Nothing was found and he was sent home. His passing was an unexpected shock.

Ya'll have a good week. I'll be back when I can.

Tejas
01-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Safe journey, Sandra. We'll miss you. Be strong!

beach bum
01-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Waiting for the cable guy to replace the wire that he took off of my VCR when he connected all remote controls to the 1 cable one. Than I can use my walking tape and other exercising tapes,when I can't walk along the beach.
Than this afternoon I have to go for choir rehearsal.Otherwise I don't have any plans except vacuum cleaning along with the kitchen & bathroom floors.

PAM- Heard about the cold spill in Fla. My sister is now down there in the W Palm Beach area. She told me it cold down there,but she keeps warm clothes in her condo all year round just in case it get cold. No I haven't walked in a while since my hip was bothering me in Aug,I now want to start walking but will use my walking tapes once the cable man puts the cable back on my DVD/VCR player. That what we do,some time we just go out for dinner instead of a movie.

SANDRA-Have a safe trip,Oh my goodness that's scary when the ER doesn't know whats wrong and send you home. Sending prayer your way & for Curtis's cousins family.

RHONDA-Thanks for the web site I read the NY Time article and I can relate to that. I think we all can,as the older we get the harder it is to lose,even if we area perfect dieter.

Have to go and start my dinner,have a great day.

Tejas
01-06-2012, 12:39 AM
I hope you all had a good day. I did.

We got back to tap, I lifted weights, spent time with the great nieces, cooked some good food.....good day, indeed.

Vickie
01-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Hey Chicks! Just me up in the middle of the night again. It's almost 2:30 in the morning. I think I'll try to go back to bed again soon.

ems81wales
01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Happy new year ladies i put 6lbs on opps i am bad hehe need to get my head back in he zone but im so stressed with university i can think straight :( xxx

Tejas
01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Vickie, I hope you slept!

Ems, you can do it. :cheer2:

beach bum
01-06-2012, 12:59 PM

What a shocker when I woke up around [7AM] this morning I saw the white[dusting] stuff all over the drive way and my car. On the radio they told people to be careful as it was more like ice than snow. Lots of accidents on Rt 6 near the Middle Cape than where we are,& now the sun is out and its going up into the 40's. Not going out as I bought all my meals and don't need anything at Walmart.

VICKIE-Sorry about losing your ZZZZZ's last night. That happens to me now & than it can be annoying, especially when you have to be alert driving some where that day.

EMS-Sorry about your 6 lbs,but stress with do it especially when you have to study at the university. It come off again I gained 20 in one week around TG but it was due to the swelling I had with my bursa of my hip inflamed. I so far lost 9 have 12 more pounds to get off to be back to my original weight of 159.5

RHONDA-The day was good, but I came down with cabin fever and had to get out of the house. Went to ODD JOB and bought some odds & ends.

Have to go and start my dinner have a good day

Vickie
01-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks! I was up until 6:15 and then slept until 10:30. I'm heading into the shower now to go to PT.

nancy237
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Vickie..Not only are our house projects on the same schedule but your are adopting my weird sleep habits haha...

I met with a realtor today that we had talked to summer of 2010..confused because she is suggesting a list price that is way below the price she mentioned before and the appraisal in 2006. She showed me comps but I came home and found lots of other comps that support the higher price..

Tejas
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Nancy, I know zip about real estate, but maybe she needs to increase her number of sales more than she needs to increase her commission??

I baking one of my world famous Texas Sheet Cakes to take to a First Friday event tonight. I will not eat it.

I had an incredible massage this afternoon. A lot of knots were untied.

nancy237
01-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Nancy, I know zip about real estate, but maybe she needs to increase her number of sales more than she needs to increase her commission??

We have had other realtors in the past that pushed for lower prices but we sold at a higher price we insisted on ..I do think that they would prefer a fast sell at a lower price, but I am not in that much of a hurry.

I think starting higher is the best idea..I can come down if I need to.

ontarget
01-06-2012, 11:47 PM
We just got home. I'll be back here tomorrow to catch up. Hope you're all doing well.

Tejas
01-07-2012, 12:21 AM
(psst, everyone....Sandra's birthday is the 9th. Don't tell her I told you!!!)

:sssh:

pam920
01-07-2012, 12:43 AM
getting ready to shut down. Had a busy day. Walked twice.

ems, chin up. You will take it off. I have also heard that stress will pack on the pounds.

Welcome back Sandra.

Maryann, I hate snow and ice. So glad I don't have to deal with it. We had a couple really cold nights (in 20's) but it's back to nice temps again.

Rhonda, shhhhh, I won't tell.

Nancy, the housing market has taken a nose dive for a couple years now. Florida has suffered really bad. I wish I had lots of money to grab a few of these houses to keep and sell later when, if ever, it picks back up. My neighbor paid $40,000 more for his place that he bought 2 years before we bought this place in Jan, 2010. That is how bad the market has dropped. The higher she lists your place, the bigger her commission, so I'm sure she wants to sell high, but now a days, they compare the comps and that is what they use.

My cousin with lung cancer is in the hospital. His son found him collapsed on the floor and called 911. They finally have hospice taking over his care. I don't think he has much longer. He can barely walk, the cancer is in the bone. They still haven't managed his pain. It's really bad now and I feel so bad for him. When he goes home, he has to have 24/7 care. I wish I was closer, I would help out.

Vickie, I hope you are in bed, getting much needed rest.

Tejas
01-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Pam :hug: That's really sad and I hope they can manage his pain. I had a good friend die of cancer a few years ago and pain management was so difficult for her. At least with hospice care they will be less likely to worry about "addicting" him.

ontarget
01-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Did you say something, Rhonda? :lol: You girls are sneaky.

Pam, I am so sorry for your cousin. This is sad.

Vickie, are you all right? I am concerned about your not sleeping at night.

Nancy, get a second realtor's opinion. Don't let anyone push you into something you're not comfortable with.

beach bum
01-07-2012, 12:35 PM

Not so cold this morning as temps are a little milder. Nothing new,I going to see if I can walk a little down by the beach this afternoon.

Got on the scale and I'm now 170,which means I have one more pound to be in the 160's again. Happy about that, so I guess low carbing is key in my case.

NANCY-Don't know anything bout real estate either,even if my sister is a RE agent. All I know from her is that the prices are lower as its a buyers market.

PAM- Sorry about your cousin having lung cancer,its a terrible disease and I really feel for the ones that get it,as my DH suffered though it and passed at the end. All I can say is prayers are on his way for your cousins and you. Thanks, the dusting went away quite fast and we are now enjoying milder temps. This afternoon I might just go down to the beach and get a little walking done. My sister in Fla right now and she did complain about the colder temps but now it almost back to normal.She only staying until the 23rd.,as she has lots of Real Estate to deal with when she get back home to NY.

RHONDA-Thanks for reminding us,will keep the date in mind.

Have to go and start my dinner,have a great day

ontarget
01-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Maryann, sounds like you're getting those extra pounds off quickly.

I overindulged yesterday, but I could have done worse. I'm back on track today. However, my dear friend is bringing us some of her husband's famous smoked bbq ribs in a bit. Some of them have my name on them.

Tejas
01-07-2012, 07:54 PM
:faint: ribs! that ain't fair. :tantrum:

Vickie
01-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've got a reasonably easy day today. I just need to make my list for the painter. Tomorrow, I'll have to move everything out of the kitchen and in the bathrooms where the painting will be done on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then all signs of last year's blizzard will be gone.

Sandra, I hope you had fun eating those ribs! I'm not a big fan of ribs because they are a lot of work. But, I really love the really meaty kind that fall off of the bones.

Rhonda, you exercise so much you should be a waif!

Nancy, you have internet sources available. I'd look at Zillow and the MLS and come to your own conclusion. Make the Realtor explain to you why yours is not comparable with the ones you've identified. I've several Realtors in my extended family and they can always point out the differences that caused them to lower the listing price. Be careful of going too high. I always think there is something wrong with a house that I'm not seeing when it is on the market too long or when the price gets dropped too many times. I guess it depends, too, on whether you want a quick sale or not. Sadly, it is a buyer's market. Buyers are reluctant to negotiate because they can just buy the next cheaper house down the street to the people who are desperate to sell. Sad.

Mary Ann, you'll get the weight off.

Sloan, how's it going? It's always so rough in the beginning.

I did great yesterday and got really hungry at night. I didn't want any fruit so instead I ate saltines with smart balance and a cup of hot chocolate. Oops.

Talk to you all later.

Vickie
01-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Oh Dear, Pam, I missed your post some how. I'm so sorry about your Cousin. I'll pray that his pain is addressed quickly. No one should have to suffer in this day and age.

Vickie
01-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the concern about my sleeplessness. I have no idea what is going on. All I know is that I tried to fall asleep for 2 hours and then finally gave up. Once I got on the computer, I got even more stimulated and then I really couldn't go back to sleep. I think next time, I should have some Core hot vanilla milk and read a book. Maybe then I'd get tired. I'm just always afraid of waking up the house. Brodie likes to be with Mama and Jim sleeps so light. If I use the microwave, they be up for sure. I think it's mostly menopause but it's stress as well. Things should calm down now for a while.

beach bum
01-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Got home from Brunch and put down the Christmas Tree and the Manager. Just doing that,hurt my hip again.So while I'm posting I'm resting,before I get the vacuum to pick up the mess. I could wait until I charge my roomba,but what the heck,get done.

Not going to the movies today as my movie buddy is away visiting relatives.

SANDRA-Thanks,but afraid its just water.I hope to continue eating low carbs and once I get down to were I want I will put carbs back into my breakfast & supper once again.

VICKIE-This year I really going to watch and hopefully take the pounds off as I don't want to get diabetes as it runs in my family.

Have to go, rest time is over and get my vacuum out and get my living-room cleaned up

Tejas
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi All:

We had breakfast at IHOP and I haven't been there in years. They had a good selection of calorie-conscious choices.

My niece's husband was just laid off Thursday in a business closure here. They aren't too worried yet, hoping that he has a few options. She's well employed, or as well as a teacher can be in this ever-so-ridiculous state.

Vickie, yeah. I should be a waif but I'm not. I'm out to the gym this afternoon to work on the elliptical. I'm finding the DASH diet to be very manageable. Ribs are not work for Texans :lol:

I did some jewelry work last night and REALLY noticed that it is harder on my fingers joints. Drats and double drats!

ontarget
01-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Rhonda, I wish your family the best during this stressful time. IHOP sounds good to me.

Maryann, take care of that hip.

Vickie, it sounds like all is starting to wind down for you. That's good.

I had a good core lunch today after church service. Roast beef, baked potato, green beans, and baby carrots. I'm getting off here now to have some sf/ff chocolate pudding. See ya later!

sloanie
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey chicks! I have been on the low carb side of core for a couple of days. Hopefully I can keep that going. I started early last week, fell off the wagon and got right back on.

Sandra and Pam, I'm sorry to hear about your family struggles. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Vickie, sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I think it is a good idea about the milk and reading. Using the computer might be too stimulating.

Rhonda, I can't remember if I told you that I watched your tap performance. You girls looked great. You were really in sync with each other, and that's not easy to do!

Nancy, we have a realtor here who is known for underpricing for a quick sale. Just be careful!

Maryann, sorry about your hip. What are they going to do about it?

You chicks have a good evening!

ontarget
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Sloan, I'm doing old CORE. Had a slip Friday but am back on track.

nancy237
01-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I spent last night and today visiting a good friend that lives about 1 1/2 hours from me. Our parents were good friends so we spent more time together as kids than most cousins do..

They fed me amazing food last night & today..everytime i decide to diet things get in the way..

Panicking some about all the changes this year will bring..selling home, working, buying new home. This home has so many things that Robin built , it will be sad .