Old 01-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff......January 2012

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans, intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning friends! Hope you are all doing well!

We had a great time last night...so wonderful to see my younger brother. I ate before the party and actually didn't snack while I was there (I was full and was having too much fun chatting w/ everyone)...THAT was a first. I had planned on a glass of wine, but once I was there, I didn't really want one, so I stuck w/ water.

Today is a rest day for me and I am really glad. I am still sore from kickboxing...I bought new gloves (they are heavier) and my arms, shoulders, and core are still sore. I just have to do a few things around the house and I will be able to lounge w/ the sweet beagle sisters.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Happy New Year!

I brought my new year in with a healthy day yesterday. I am so grateful. I accomplished many of goals: planned/measured/logged food, lots of water, stretches & strengthening, journaling, ate seated only, slower eating, mindful of taste, read my Beck info, got rid of unhealthy foods from the holidays and always left a bite of food on my plate.

I lost 8 pounds last month. It seems surreal - but, I am grateful.

I've made our traditional saurkraut and pork for the new year. Instead of mashed potatoes... we are having it on some baked potato.

Today we are putting away all the Christmas decorations and treasures. I love having the house full of special things for the month.

plan:
breakfast - egg whites with mushrooms, pnb toast, ketchup
snack - apple
lunch - turkey and cheese on a rice cake, salad with evoo & vinegar
snack - cereal, fruit, milk
dinner - some baked potatoe with saurkraut & pork, veggies & lite dip
snack - yogurt, fruit

MJ - sounds like you had a wonderful time seeing your little brother. That's so nice. Good job with food & drinks. Enjoy the doggies today. Happy New Year.

Have a good day, friends. Treat yourself as kindly as you would treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-01-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

The holidays defeated me. (if you notice my ticker) but, it's a new year and I'm ready.

off to work!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #5  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--Great job! Thanks!

lottie--I don't see defeat, I see someone who hasn't given up!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #6  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

Hello All, :-)

New Year, new luck and the best of intentions, though actually it is a new chance every day and with every new decision coming our way, so I strongly advocate to look forward (End of Self Prep Talk )

My plan for January will be simple: get 2 hours of exercise on average per day.

1st of Jan: So far so good. 55+45+20 mins of zumba fitness = 2 hours -> It felt actually very good and not that hard. I was reminded by a forum thread on here the other day of the zumba DVD kit that I bought about half a year ago with great enthusiasm and with the gym closed due to the holiday it was just the perfect occasion to sweep the dust off those DVDs. Planning on a zumba class at the gym and a TRX for tomorrow.

Happy New Year to all!
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #7  
unabashed

mj, awww, you are too sweet. Thanks.

today has been good. I'm about to eat dinner.

today:

b: leftover soup (I know, I know...not a breakfast food person really)
s: fruit and nut bar
l: Big salad
d: Pasta in "meat" sauce
s: light popcorn

After I eat here in a few I'm gonna hop on the bike and maybe do some yoga once my food settles.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning! I am up waaaaaaaaay too early today....this med I am taking is messing me my sleep, luckily it is down to about once a week. I am at least being productive...I am going to work on some writing for Skinny Ms (which launches TODAY!!!). They sent me my by-line yesterday that will be added at the end of each of my blog entries:

Mary Jo is a weight-loss success that is now tremendously active in fitness. Her passion is to motivate and inspire women to be their personal best.

How cool is that???? Not bad for someone who couldn't find her way to the gym 9 months ago. Ok, ok.....I knew how to get there

I want to take the opportunity to thank you all for all of your support. I can always count on you to be there fo the good times and bad. Here's to 2012, the best year yet!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #9  

Hi Chickes -

Yesterday was a healthy day... I am grateful for that. I accomplished some of my goals : food within plan, measured & logged food, lots of water, & wrote in journal.

It's a new year... a time of renewal for our healthy eating plans. If December's parties, celebrations, and food blitz set you back - well, be glad it's in the past. Concentrate on today!

My goals for today:
Murray & I will be hanging at home & watching the Bowl games.

breakfast - eggwhites, mushrooms, parm. cheese, salt free ketchup, pnb toast
snack - apple
lunch - rice cake with turkey & lite cheese, salad, evoo & vinegar
snack - fiber cereal, 1/2 banana, skim milk
dinner - saurkraut & pork on some baked potatoe, beets & ff sour cream
snack - yogurt

stretches & strengthening
lots of water
plan/measure/log food
daily goals & reminders in my journal
eat seated only
TASTE the food - more mindful
slow down
read Beck materials

Mj - I can't wait to check out that website. I went there today & it wasn't launched yet. I'll keep checking. LOVE that bi-line! So true. Have a wonderful day.

Lottie - your plan looks good. Hope you enjoyed that bike ride... such good exercise

Lizz - WELCOME! So glad you posted. Seems like everyone loves zumba!! Good goals.

Have a great day.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #10  

Lottie and Beverly, I'm eating at your homes - sounds so yum!!

Last night I used twice the amount of vegies in our meatloaf. Hate to say it but I sneak food like that all the time with hubby - he's like a kid not wanting vegies lol. One more meal and we should be done with our holiday left overs, and then its back to salads etc for sides instead of potato ever meal.
Teleutesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

I have been hanging out in another thread but thought I best get back here and get serious. My weight creeped up the last few months. I had a knee injury which stopped most exercise all summer. I am much better now and no excuse to not exercise daily.
breakfast- cheerios and an orange
lunch - salad
dinner- chicken and veggies. Im working on getting 5 servings a day of veggies. I know its the key to weight loss for me

I have even allowed diet drinks to sneak back in the past couple of months. Today will be no diet drinks and lots of water!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #12  
Getting started

Today has been a good day for exercise, completed both the zumba class and the TRX class afterwards. I hurt all over and it feels good. Signed up for a zumba master class this weekend (my first ever and it is supposed to be 2 hours of intense zumba - eek).

Eating was off today due to a hunger attack after getting home from the gym late in the evening. I was disappointed but after counting the calories for the day I found that I was not so horribly off my target of 1500 in the end.

Also decided to cut back and just focus on getting the 2 hours of daily exercise in for this week for now and I will take it from there. I may need smaller goals to keep my mind at ease that they are not overwhelming and hardly at all possible for me to accomplish.

Tomorrow's planned exercise is again zumba at home.

mj5 - "Mary Jo is a weight-loss success that is now tremendously active in fitness. Her passion is to motivate and inspire women to be their personal best. "

I think this is a great line and I look forward to reading you.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #13  
unabashed

Well, I ended up going to bed REALLY early last night because of a horrible headache I had hoped would have been gone by then.

so no bike for me. Plan to do it in a bit here, no headache today.

Today has been good.

b: pistachios and a coffee. not the best. ha.
l: veggie vindaloo and pineapple, apple and kale juice
s: light popcorn
d: nigerian peanut soup

posting my food helps me, but also, PAY ATTENTION MJ.

hehe...
Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #14  

Hi Chicks... hope you are having a great week.

Yesterday, after breakfast, I had that dull ache under my right ribcage. It might be my gallbladder - so I am going to call for an appointment today. For the rest of yesterday - I drank water, herbal tea and apple juice to see if that would help. It did help a bit.

On the other hand, I have stepped up my stretches & strengthening exercises too. It might be a pulled muscle. Who knows. I'll get it checked out.

So that's where I am at today. I will do some gentle exercises today... and keep my food very light.

Lottie - so glad your headache is better!

lizz - great job on the exercise. So glad your extra food in the evening didn't take you over in your calories.

dgramie - HI!!! Glad to see your post. Good plan.

Hi teleuste! - welcome - glad you posted. Extra veggies in the meatloaf is a great 'trick'.

Mj - shout out to you.

Everyone... have a great day.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #15  
Getting started

Hello All,

Today I missed exercise altogether but will get back on track tomorrow night at the gym.

Cooked my first ever vegetable soufflé today that turned out pretty taste (have been looking for a way to get some variety into steaming the frozen vegetable mix for some time now and this looks like promising alternative from now on).

Food (will try to record it here as well):

2 mandarins, a cottage cheese bar and a big orange
vegetable soup
a cottage cheese bar
a big serving of vegetable soufflé
diet Madeira cake with lots of raspberries
one truffle

I think I need to cut down on the sweets more.

Beverlyjoy - Thank you for the welcome and I hope you feel better real soon.