Old 12-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #1  

Default Is anyone else starting Medifast on Monday?

Hello! I'm starting Medifast on Monday after watching my brother and sister-in-law lose weight on it. I am going through the Take Shape For Life site and already have my food. My sister-in-law also gave me a brownie, two boxes of soup and a box of pancakes to try along with my order. I really want to give this an honest attempt in January. Just to give you a little back round, my brother has lost about 42 lbs and my sister-in-law has lost about 33 lbs. They started in the middle of October and of course has some trouble losing this past week with Christmas.

I am a 36 year old mother of 3 kids. I have a 7 seven year old son and 3 year old boy/girl twins. I am a stay at home mom. I lost 48 pounds in 2010 and then found a lump in my breast. I turned out to be a cyst, but it was enough to cause me to go completely of track. That combined with my two grandmothers passing away in the same week in January 2011 and my grandfather passing away in the summer of 2011, let's just say it was a rough year. I am still down about 25 lbs, but gaining that other 23 lbs back has put me back in my bigger clothes and makes me feel uncomfortable again.

I just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone else was starting on Monday. Have a Happy New Year!

Michelle
ramblinrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Not starting Monday but started 2 weeks ago (restarted, actually, after a break). There is a forum on mymedifast.com that is pretty active.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #3  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Hey there MIchelle... wishing you good luck come monday. I started last monday I just couldnt wait any longer i felt so stuffed. My first week went real well. This will be week 2 for me. Im feeling lighter already. its such a good feeling. i had lost 46 pounds last year but with a back surgery and being not very mobil for the last 3 months i have put alot back on. Just not being mindful of what i was eating and not caring.
Hope you have success. The plan does work if you stick with it. take care
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #4  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Hi Michelle and Lynn,
I will be starting Medifast this week. I am waiting on my box of a months supply to arrive. I am excited to start. I am about 50 pounds overweight right at 179 lbs. I would like to get to 130 but I realize I have to take it one day at a time. I lost 15 lbs a few months ago on Ideal Protein but didn't have a good support coach and found it hard to make weekly appointments just to get my food. Medifast has more carbs than ideal protein and is safer.
I am looking forward to my journey to a healthier me!
Robin
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #5  
To be fit for my King!

Hi Michelle and Lynn,
I will be starting Medifast this week. I am waiting on my box of a months supply to arrive. I am excited to start. I am about 50 pounds overweight right at 179 lbs. I would like to get to 130 but I realize I have to take it one day at a time. I lost 15 lbs a few months ago on Ideal Protein but didn't have a good support coach and found it hard to make weekly appointments just to get my food. Medifast has more carbs than ideal protein and is safer.
I am looking forward to my journey to a healthier me!
Robin
Old 01-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #6  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Hey guys how is everyone doing so far? im heating up some chicken and rice soup as i write this. i am always ready for my meal!!

I feel good and motivated. how about you?

have a great day and a happy new year!
ladysheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #7  

It's going well so far. This is my second day. I did sneak a peek at the scale this morning and I'm down 2.6 lbs from yesterday. Probably water weight, but I'll take it. I had the Egg Beaters and veggies last night for dinner. Holy cow that was a lot of food! I couldn't finish the Egg Beaters. Well, off to the dentist for a root canal. Lucky me! Lol!
ramblinrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #8  

I will be starting medifast Monday (tomorrow)!
Flyingfree12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #9  

flyinfree I'm starting tomorrow (the 9th) also!! I'm actually looking forward to thins
gemi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #10  
To be fit for my King!

HI flyinfree and gem12, I start this upcoming Thursday. Let me know how your first few days go, I'm extremely concerned about getting headaches as I am a migraine sufferer. Are you guys ever on mymedifast.com chat room?
If so, what is your user name?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #11  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey whirlybird,

I'm not new to Medifast, but I do get migraines. I did not get any when I first started. I haven't any of the times I've knocked myself out of fat burning, either.

Be sure to drink LOTS of water - whatever the problem, more water is almost always the answer.

Good luck - you can do this!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #12  
To be fit for my King!

flyinfree and gemi2, how are ya'll doing on your first few days? Keep me posted. I start Thursday, starting to get nervous.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: goal weight 185

Height: 5'7

I started Medifast on Sunday Jan 8. Today is my day 4 OP. No headaches and feeling good in general. This is my first time on Medifast, I like the results so far, 7 lbs in 3 days! That makes me more committed to keep on plan.
Sandracougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 174/174/144

Height: 5'8

I started Medifast on Tuesday. Today is Day 2. So far so good! I'm doing this through Take Shape for Life. It's great to have a health coach. They've got lots of good ideas- add cinnamon to the oatmeal, chicken bouillon to the chicken soup, 2 tsp of salsa to the cream of tomato soup, bread your chicken before baking with some olive oil and crushed parmesan cheese puffs and some italian seasoning, etc. Also, get a food scale to weigh your cooked meat to make sure you're getting enough protein. I definitley like eating every 2-3 hours. I set a timer on my phone to alert me when its time to eat since I'm not hungry.
Happy Mimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #15  
To be fit for my King!

Good job Sandra and Mimi, Today is the end of day one for me. I am pleasantly surprised at how well i have done today. I have not been hungry at all and have stayed totally on plan. I just pray it's this easy every day. The food is much better than the food i had on ideal protein. Sooooo glad for that. Let's keep checking in, we have spent a lot of money investing in this, so let's make it work ladies!!!!!!!!