General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #1  
banned

Thumbs up Dare I ask... New Years Resolutions?

I know it's cliche, but does anyone have any New Years resolutions, and if so what are they?

My main one is to just be healthier. I'm taking weight loss and exercise temporarily out of the picture, and am just going to focus on breaking my addictions to sugar and processed crap and making my portions smaller. I say this all the time, but I actually have a friend that I went to school with wanting to do this with me. We're going to support each other. I know I have my husband, but this will be different. My husband is very laid-back, care-free, and is prone to overeating too. Also, he is one of those people that just wants me to be happy, even if that means me eating half a pizza in the middle of the am.

My other one is to try to rewire my thinking when it comes to how I see food. Yes, I should enjoy it, but no it shouldn't be the highlight of my day. I shouldn't celebrate with food, and I also shouldn't hold off watching a movie I like just because I don't have pizza or other junkie snack foods to go with it.

Also, I need to start drinking more. Yes, I know that sounds weird, but I rarely feel thirsty, and when I am thirsty usually a small glass suffices. I can sip off and on on 1-2 glasses of a drink all day, and I know I am probably dehydrated all the time. So I'm going to make sure I keep a glass of water or some herbal tea near me at all times when I'm awake.

Non-health related:

I want to do more productive things with my time. I have the habit of sitting online (with the TV running in the background, of course) reading blogs/reviews/or just messing around on facebook when I could be doing something more worthwhile. Usually I go on my laptop to write on a story, but sometimes the "muse" just isn't there, so I wait for it to "Get there" and end up wasting a lot of time on nothing. So, if I can't write, I should do something more productive like reading, cleaning on the house, maybe cooking, learning something new, or even playing a video game (at least it requires attention, and sometimes something might inspire me, plus it's a stress buster).

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 12-31-2011 at 07:41 AM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

I have a few. Losing weight is definately one of them! I just went off birth control which I believe is preventing me from losing weight. This year I just want to be healthier overall. For the first time in about 11 years I'll be completely off any prescribed drugs, so it's going to feel great to give my body a good rest and detox.

I also want to eat out less, I know this also contributes to my not being able to lose much weight and it becomes very costly. Saving money and being better about money management is a big one for me this year. Paying bills on time, spending less etc..

I also want to focus more on school and getting my life together in that regard (trying to get into a nursing program!).

Good luck with your resolutions! Here's to 2012!!!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #3  
banned

Those are great resolutions! I'm sure you'll do great on them.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I want to make the most of each day!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

1.Lose weight
2.Make exercise an every day thing
3.Have a baby
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5''

I have the exact same resolutions as you do for the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serval87 View Post
Non-health related:

I want to do more productive things with my time. I have the habit of sitting online (with the TV running in the background, of course) reading blogs/reviews/or just messing around on facebook when I could be doing something more worthwhile. Usually I go on my laptop to write on a story, but sometimes the "muse" just isn't there, so I wait for it to "Get there" and end up wasting a lot of time on nothing. So, if I can't write, I should do something more productive like reading, cleaning on the house, maybe cooking, learning something new, or even playing a video game (at least it requires attention, and sometimes something might inspire me, plus it's a stress buster).
I do the exact same thing! I have a very bad habit of just sitting online and reading blogs, viewing people's profiles on Facebook, and reading message boards when I should be more active. I feel SO comfortable just surfing the net and gaining a false feeling of being socially connected with a group of virtual friends, that it is difficult to break this bad habit.

I really need to focus on my social and dating life in 2012. In the past, my only focus was on my career. As a result, I'm very successful in my career, but I have no husband or famiy of my own at the age of 33. My younger sibling is married with a kid on the way and I'm the "last one standing" (loser?) regarding getting married amongst all my friends, coworkers, and cousins that are around my age.

My goals:

1. Truly focus on my health and make losing weight my #1 priority...even if that means slacking off at work or getting another job that isn't so demanding

2. Make dating a priority for once in my life with the hope of finding 'the one' and getting married. No more thinking "I will start dating after I lose at least 15 pounds and gain some self-confidence."

3. Find a REAL hobby that is not related to sitting in front of a computer or TV.

Last edited by FreeBird3; 12-31-2011 at 09:59 AM.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #7  
banned

Those are all great. Good luck, everyone!

FreeBird3 I've developed a few non-computer-related interests, and I want to actually DO these interests (even if I'm not good and fail) instead of just reading blogs/articles about other people doing them. Good luck with your resolutions!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Weight loss is not my biggest resolution. That's more a lifetime resolution. But here's my resolution(s) for 2012

To tell myself I am beautiful everyday in front of the mirror
To loose 22 inches before my move in May
To save $2500 for the move
Just be healthier
Read 100 books =3
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

Be in pictures.

I've been avoiding the camera since I got pregnant and my "baby" is now almost six. I h.a.t.e. the way I look but I hate that there's no record of our life together even more. No newborn hospital pics together, no first birthday or Christmas or first day of school or anything. How did I let that happen?
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serval87 View Post
FreeBird3 I've developed a few non-computer-related interests, and I want to actually DO these interests (even if I'm not good and fail) instead of just reading blogs/articles about other people doing them. Good luck with your resolutions!
Serval87 - Can you please share with me what non-computer-related interests you discovered? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on this thread.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyKay View Post
1.Lose weight
2.Make exercise an every day thing
3.Have a baby
I agree totally!! - well, except for #3. I, on the other hand, am going to try to not have a baby.

I was laughing about this to myself the other day - remember all those years we spent praying that we weren't pregnant??! Then, suddenly, the game changes and you and all your friends are having a darn-difficult time just trying to get pregnant.

I'm always still a bit cautious with what to say to someone who tells me they are pregnant.... because, back in the day, when someone told you they were pregnant, they were usually pretty distraught about it. Now, when someone tells me (I've just turned 30), I cautiously say "And how are you feeling about that?"

Good luck ArtyKay!

And now I'm off to meet the requirements of resolution #2
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #12  

I too definitely want to be more productive! Right now I'm not working and I don't have any children so all is stay home all day, every day except for when I go to work out. Im done with college so it feels like my mind is useless right now. Im going to start reading more intellectual books instead of just reading blogs and such online.

Otherwise I dont really make any resolutions, I just strive to improve myself every day throughout the year. My husband and I have definitely plans for our finances, but we've been working on it throughout the year. My other goal is to ring in the next new year at least 10-15lbs lighter
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 293/283.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow, sooo many...
*Get healthier, lose at least 60 lbs. by January 1, 2013
*Exercise 5 days per week
*Stop eating out as much, cook more at home
*Drinking more water and less diet soda
*Take better care of myself overall
*Make more time for me
*Get better organized (already considered a very organized person but don't feel it...OCD?)
*Attend church regularly or at least a couple times per month
*Make a budget for myself and stick to it
*Stop biting my nails

Those are just to name a few I can think of but I am sure I can think of more given time...LOL
Sofrustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

To love life. I spent most of 2010-and first half of 2011 with severe postnatal depression. I'm out of it now and enjoying life.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #15  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

I don't do resolutions because I feel like, if I'm going to make a resolution, it should be made any time of year. BUT...
On the 14th I'm getting a new tattoo that is my reminder to not procrastinate.
It's a quote I found on Pinterest that really got me and I think about it a lot.
'Yesterday you said tomorrow'

That's the closest to a resolution anybody will see me get to. :P
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote