Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #1  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Default Exercise Videos On-Demand

So we have Comcast (or are they Xfinity now?) and in their On Demand video they have fitness videos you can do. They're all free but are usually only on there for a certain period of time (say a month or two) before they get changed out for different ones. It's a great way to try out new vids w/out shelling out the bucks and if you really like the vid you can download it or buy it or, if you're cheap like me, you can set up a dvd recorder and record it.

Anyway, they put new videos in and I was browsing today and they have 5 new Gilad videos that are 50 min. each. They're in the kickingboxing section (not sure why, I haven't done any of them yet but knowing Gilad his routines aren't kickboxing). The description says they're full body workouts plus toning, which is Gilad's method of training.

Anyway just thought I'd pass this info along for anyone who has On Demand is a Gilad fan, like me.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #2  

So I did the first Gilad workout . . . 50 min. total body workout. It's taken off of Fitness TV (Discovery Health Channel) so there are a few commercials. They're brief and you can just continue working out while they're on.

This workout consisted of upper body w/weights (shoulders, triceps, chest, biceps), lower body (lunges and squats), abs (lots of crunches and a reallllly long plank held for like 3 or 4 minutes) and cardio (kickboxing type moves of punches, crosses, upper cuts and hooks with jumping at the end). Overall a pretty good workout! I like that it's longer (no countdown clock on the screen though) and love Gilad's style. He's pretty basic but it gets the job done, he's easy on the eyes and is funny to boot. Def worth a look if you have On Demand. I'll be doing his other workouts along the way and will likely record them for future use.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #3  
I think I can...

I have Fios and we had the exercise TV VOD I spent 20 mins searching all over for the videos and it's like they magically disappeared. I did a web search and found out that exercise TV has been shut down by its owners. Both on video on demand and the website. How sucky!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzKiki View Post
I have Fios and we had the exercise TV VOD I spent 20 mins searching all over for the videos and it's like they magically disappeared. I did a web search and found out that exercise TV has been shut down by its owners. Both on video on demand and the website. How sucky!
Truly sucky! Comcast changed the name of their program from 'exercise' to 'fitness' and so far I haven't see anything from exercise.tv (but I've only browsed a bit). Hang on . . . .just did a quick web search . . .yup, it's gone from Comcast. They still have vids just not from exercise tv.

As an alternative there are tons and tons of exercise videos on youtube. Spend some time browsing around and bookmark the ones you like.

eta: just read a post on the Comcast site that said the videos from exercise tv are available for purchase on Amazon and iTunes.

eta again: this is one of the reasons I record the ones I like as soon as possible, because they may not be there later.

Last edited by loose seal; 01-03-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #5  
I think I can...

How smart! Dang wish I had recorded some lol. I haven't looked but I heard some of the videos are selling for as low as $1.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #6  

The ones on Amazon seem to be $15. Ebay may have something . . . or craigslist.

yeah this whole 'digital' changeover took away the capability of recording one show while watching another (unless you rent Tivo or a dvr from Comcast). So I looked into it and set up our system utilizing two digital boxes and an a/b video switch -- which basically mimics what the tv/vcr button on the remote did. So now I can record shows that either aren't On Demand or that I don't want to wait for to be On Demand to watch and figured why not do the same with the exercise programs. And I can do it without interrupting anyone else cause we just push the button to change which line is coming through the tv.