Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-30-2011, 02:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/165/125

Height: 5ft 7in

Default Need to lose 40 pounds and need motivation help!!

Hello-
I'm really glad that I found this site. I need some support and motivation for losing this bit of weight. I've lost about 20-25 pounds the past 3 years or so. I used to be around 190 pounds at the age of 13. It was horrible, my weight magnified the awkward preteen years by about 1,000. watching all the girls around you grow into their thin bodies..and you just sitting there like a blob.
It really hit me though at New Year's dinner 2008, when my dad whispered in my ear "you know your sister weighs less than you?" She was 19, in her first year of college and definitely a victim of the "freshman 15", she is also 4 inches taller than me. That year I drastically changed my eating habits, I became a vegetarian, I stop drinking soda, and cut out a majority of things with high sugar content in them. I lost enough weight that people noticed, and I felt good for a while; being able to wear tank tops in public, wearing shorter shorts, and not hiding in my brothers old clothes.

I'm hear to ask for help to achieve my goal weight of 125. Although I still maintain my diet, I lack motivation to exercise. I have made an exercise chart and the amount 1500 calories chosen as my daily intake. Although I have an extensive chart, and things in writing, I need help!! I can't seem to encourage or bring myself to enacting the plan. A friend or some insightful advice would be appreciated!!! Thank you!!!!!
maxie36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/290/175

Height: 5'9''

Maxie,

Great job on your loss so far! That's really inspiring to hear that you've come such a long way. I came by to see if I could help inspire you to exercise.

Some things to try:

1. Throw away whatever idea you had of exercise before. If it hasn't worked up until now at being fun enough to hold your interest, it never will. Have trouble on the treadmill? Swear it off!

2. Try something new that just gets you moving. It doesn't have to be dedicated exercise as long as you move around. Zumba, bike riding, roller derby, swimming, horseback riding - anything to get you moving!

3. Buy new workout clothes! This is the most exciting motivator for me. Nothing makes me want to start exercising like the idea of buying a really cute new outfit.

Good luck and keep going!
Kaiserina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 80kg/79kg/60kg

Height: 175cm

Maxie, I deal with a similar problem myself. I need to lose around 40 pounds, that I gained in the past 5-6 years. I never exercised and I can't bring myself to do so...
I do think here, on this forum, we will both find the support, motivation and resources for our goals!
Congrats on your loss so far! I'm still at the beginning!
mamarozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!

I know how you feel. I grew up overweight/obese and it made the teenage years difficult.

My best suggestion is to start slow. Build your healthy habits slowly as diving right in can be difficult. I changed my habits slowly over the course of a few years to get where I am today The weight itself came off quickly once everything fell into place.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

I also have about 45 pounds to lose and what's worse I'm 46, so I feel like it's going to be that much harder. I'm hoping to get a treadmill within the next month, so I can get started. I just don't have the motivation without the treadmill. I need cardio badly. I wish you all the very best of luck at reaching your goals and hopefully I can meet mine too.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote