Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/See Tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

Red face A new journey

Hi everyone - I'm new here, and like everyone else, probably looking for the support to get through this weight loss journey... struggle... however you want to look at it. I replied to a post on a different thread sharing my basic info, i'm 28, 5'1, just reached the 200 pound marker and have been unhappy for awhile - my goal is 130... will i get there? hopefully... sooner than later... my short term goal is 25 pounds by March 1st. I just ordered the medifast gluten free 4 week mealplan (too be honest i'm a little skeptical i'll be able to keep to it) and I start back up on my 3 day a week bootcamp fitness class on Monday... my best friends 30th bday is march 5th and we're going on a cruise and so I want to look somewhat decent! Please anyone feel free to share anything with me - by biggest hiccup is that i have no self control when it comes to eating alot of the time and i haven't found my self motivation... good luck everyone! and thanks for listening!
gimmeMYbodyBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:44 AM   #2  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I am 5'2, 200 lbs and I am trying to get to 140. I am RIGHT THERE with you! I just want you to know that YOU, WE can do this! I am starting the 'Ideal Protein' Diet in the morning and am so nervous and worried that I wont be able to stick to it. But I have read everyone's stories and everyone else's struggles and rewards and just knowing I am not alone has helped me. So, you are not alone! And Even though I don't know you, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! So, Good Luck, and when you think about giving up or cheating just log on and look at the goal pictures on here, and post a thread, so many people are having the same struggles and WANT to help you, and think of the people you can help by showing your pictures of reaching your goal! Again, Good Luck! And I Know you can do it!
ICanLoseItThisTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/290/175

Height: 5'9''

Welcome!

Glad you're making a change! I wanted to come by and give you a quick tip before your cruise.

Whenever I have an event coming up (or I need to jump start my weight loss plan), I go vegetarian for two weeks.

Just making some simple stir fry dishes or buying those Steamfresh veggie bags is enough for me.

It allows me to feel nice and light with tons of energy - a great motivation!

You can do this - think of how hot you'll look and feel on that cruise if you stick to this!
Kaiserina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mybodyback, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. Find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 20-somethings forum! For me self-control comes with practice, the more I stay on-plan the easier it gets. Just be kind to yourself and remember that tomorrow is another day with no mistakes in it, so every day is a chance to for improvement.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #5  

Hello, my name is Amanda, I'm 31, 204lbs with a goal of 155lbs I start the Ideal Protein on Monday! I'm excited but nervous. I know I can do it and am looking forward to watching the weight come off!
pandamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC! Good luck!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for the support!! It is definitely inspiring hearing everyone's stories knowing that the goal can actually be achieved! I feel like I'm part of a team here and everyone wants me to succeed, that's an awesome feeling and will hopefully make this a little easier! I signed up for the 20 something bikini challenge, I can't wait... what do you all do for daily exercise? what's harder for you guys, getting the exercise in, or eating healthy? for me it's definitely a little of both, but eating healthy is my downfall.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #8  

Default Ideal Protein Diet

It sounds like 2 of you will be starting the 'Ideal Protein Diet' - we're all in similar scenarios, I'll have to check that one out, like I mentioned I'm going to try Medifast... since we're all around the same weight here with the same goal we'll have to keep each other posted with the progress of each diet, i'm curious to know what works and what doesn't... I just joined this site last nite so I'm still figuring out how to manuever and message in here, so if you know how to message me, feel free to!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Ticker.

Hi. I'm new here too. Sounds like you got your goals in place. Good luck & Happy New Year!
MissGuided is offline   Reply With Quote