Chicks up for a Challenge - Onederland for Summer 2012!

View Full Version : Onederland for Summer 2012!

tavvy
12-29-2011, 10:44 PM
This challenge is easily summed up in the title!

I am getting pretty tired of seeing that "2" on the scale and I am sure there are some others who feel the same! I would love to have a group of women all working towards this same goal with me throughout the new year!

How will we do this?

Determine how much you need to lose to get to Onederland
Choose your deadline (anytime between May and August is acceptable IMO)
Establish and write out how you plan to accomplish this goal
If you are comfortable doing so, please tell us what is motivating your weight loss!
Check in as often as you need to, sharing struggles and successes!!

I am SO ready for this...
So who is with me??

tavvy
12-29-2011, 10:51 PM
SO! Me first::

1. I need to lose about 65 lbs to be comfortably in Onderland.

2. My deadline for this loss is going to be July 1st!

3. I plan to accomplish this with a hybrid diet (the wendie plan with low but reasonable carbs), and some type of activity everyday (some days it may just be playing on the wii fit...it is still better than sitting on my bum!)

4. My motivation is two-fold...one is vain and the other is not so much! For one thing, my hubby and I are going on our overdue honeymoon in October and I want to be comfy in a swim suit (for the first time since...ever). Secondly, after the honeymoon (and during), we are going to begin trying to conceive our first child! I DEFINITELY want to be healthy for that!

omgzitsmiranda
12-29-2011, 11:04 PM
1. I need to lose 61 pounds to be in Onederland.
2. I'm going to try my absolute best to reach this by the 3/4 of May 2012.
3. 1200 cals daily with at LEAST 5x a week 30 mins. of exercise.
4. health really & also feeling better inside and out.

ClaireBear92
12-30-2011, 12:48 AM
1. i need to lose 25.4 pounds to be in onderland!
2. i actually hope to reach this goal by my birthday (which is February 21st) but would love to be in this challenge regardless! I know how awful it is being in the 200's!
3. I am now on the Dukan Diet and things are going great so far! I am extremely motivated and will stick to the diet to the T and I work out at least once a day for an hour.
4. I am in love with my best friend and finally want him to notice me the way i notice him (lame i know)

Excited!

mom2threebratz
12-30-2011, 01:06 AM
i'm in i'm new well not so new...but new account, new me.

1. i need to lose 30lbs. to be in wonderland (i've gone back and forth so many times i can't remember them all)
2. i am choosing june1 for a couple reasons...i know i'm giving myself plenty of time but a couple weeks ago i lost my grandma and i was not over losing my grandpa yet who died in april. so i am an emotional wreck and want to take things slow.
3. i'm gonna start with exercise, i've already joined the y and plan on going there as often as possible with my husband. and basically watching what i'm eating but not sure what plan i'm following yet.
4. motivation would be my health...both my grandparents had heart attacks, diabetes, strokes, high blood pressure and died in early 80's i don't want to see myself end up on that same road

CaliforniaDreamer
12-30-2011, 03:44 AM
I'm in!

1. I need to lose 80 lbs to be at onederland.
2. I hope to be there by June 1st. I usually lose pretty fast.
3. I'm going to exercise & pay close attention to my portion sizes & calories. I already have cleaned up my eating so that's not a problem.
4. My motivation is definitely being healthy, also for vanity lol. I hate shopping now but when I was at a healthy weight I LOVED it because everything was so easy to find. My dad also wants to take me to Bodega next summer and I really want to just have fun without being self conscious.

tavvy
12-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Welcome, Welcome Everyone!!

I am so glad to have some like minded ladies around!

Miranda-Looks like we have nearly identical goals! I look forward to watching both of our tickers drop :)

Claire-You are an awesome example of the results we all can achieve through hard work and dedication! Keep up the good work!!

Mom2Three- I'm sorry to hear about your grandparents :( I know how hard it can be to lose someone who watched and helped you grow up! Avoiding illness is a good reason to get in shape. Those same heart problems are prevalent in my family tree and yet ANOTHER reason for me to be fit!

Dreamer- I really really HATE shopping for clothes...it's a pretty desperate situation because I refuse to buy more than I absolutely NEED. It isn't as though we can't afford clothes...but nothing (not even the expensive women's clothing) looks really nice on me!

I'm going to be starting over on the 1st. Currently I'm doing low calories but not low carb and haven't worked out much at all...doesn't help I currently have a stomach virus :( Hopefully it will be all cleared up so I can get a running start in the new year!

Matilda08
12-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey I would love to join in as well, Ive struggled to get to onderland and the struggle continues. This year I gained about 25lbs my lowest was 217 and I need to get back on the ball for 2012. I would like to be in onderland by 7/30 that would be great. My start weight is 243 as of yesterday. My sisters wedding in JUNE 1 and I want to lose as much weight as possible by that date.

I am a calorie counter I plan to eat between 1200-1600 each day mostly on the high end of my budget. Good luck everyone!!

VickieLou
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM
I would like to weigh 199 by June 1st. I figured if I lose 10 LBS in January and 8.5 LBS February, March, April and May I can reach my goal. I gained weight this year too. Good Luck, Everyone! SW: 248 for January 1st. So I will need to lose 10 LBS in January and 9 LBS the next four months. Good Luck, Everyone!

tavvy
12-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Welcome Matilda and Vickie!

We can do this :)

It really helps me to think of each day as an individual success. If I am able to stay on plan for one day I will be successful in the long term! Certainly keeps me from getting overwhelmed to think of it that way!

ilovemo
12-30-2011, 04:09 PM
So ready for this!

SO.

1) I need to lose 60 pounds to get to onederland.
2) The end of 2012 is my deadline, but Id love to lose the first forty by my 21st bday.. 06/18/2012
3) I want to accomplish these goals by starting intense HIIT workouts and by eating low carb and mostly organic.
4) What motivates me to lose weight is that Im really into fashion.. and I feel like if I lose weight, I can finally wear the clothes I want to wear and feel confident in them. I also want to be healthy for life and live a healthy life style.. and I would also love to look more fit for my bf :)

WannaBaSkinnybride
12-30-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm in!

1) I need to lose 20lbs to be in onderland.

2) I hope to be there by May 1st at the latest but hopefully by March 8th(Its my BFs 21st bday and I'm taking him to New Orleans to celebrate!)

3) Following my weight watchers(on my own) and doing JM's 30 day shred. Plus visiting the gym on campus

4) My BF and I will be getting engaged when we hit our weight goals. He's met his weight goal(he wanted to gain) and I'm still trying! Also, I want to be able to buy cute clothes damn it!

packgirl
12-30-2011, 08:09 PM
not exactly onderland, but i think it will be fairly close. size 14/16 is my goal
deadline is June 1
Exercise, tracking foods, generally being more active.

gym five days per week
being accountable for what i eat through fitday
taking this one day at a time

I want to be healthy. I want to live. I want to be able to open jars, fold clothes without my arms burning from exertion, to look the way I always imagine I look, I want to be able to cross my legs.... I could go on. And on

tavvy
12-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Ilove, wannabe and pack:: WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

Here's to a new year and new bodies!!

ClaireBear92
12-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Ok, so i started the Dukan Diet earlier this week, and i believe the pure protein attack phase is ment for people who havnt been dieting, so their body goes into shock...

well i have been losing...so my body got sick and hated it and i actually gained 0.6 lbs because of it! So the last time i weighed myself i was at 225.2 lbs.

I am setting a goal for myself this week (since i am back to counting those good old calories) I would like to be 223 even or lower when i get on that scale on monday. I would love to be at 222, but who knows!

My goal for going back to school (January 9th) is to be out of the 220s! I have a little over one week and I think those 5 pounds are completely possible =] if I could see 219 or lower on the scale when i wake up on Monday January 9th, I would feel like my break was a success! that would mean I lost 10 + pounds since December 9th when we got out for break! Onerland is calling my name ladies!!! =]

Oh and shopping is so much fun now! I went from a size 18 (at my heaviest 255) to a size 13! and now i am no longer a plus size! i fit in larges of everything! even Juniors clothing (which i love) and you ladies will all get there! Its the biggest gift you can get for yourself, set mini goals and allow yourself to buy something for that new body every time you attain it! I just bought a new jacket in a size MEDIUM! for christmas, to reward myself for finally losing those first 25lbs!

you go ladies!

here is the jacket!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/claireclaire14/progress2.jpg

DietDawn
01-01-2012, 05:11 AM
I would like to lose about another 30lbs
before May 14th
I'm currently attending weight watchers which is working but also excercise at home
My motivation is that I want to live to see my son grow up and have a reasonable quality of life, I'm tired of being 'the fat one' in my friends group, family and being stared at for all the wrong reasons.

sw: 209.5 cw 209.5 gw 180

good luck and happy new year everyone!

tavvy
01-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Claire: What a cute jacket!! I'm sure you can make it out of the 220s by next monday!

Dawn: Welcome! I understand how you feel about being the "fat one". My siblings are all thin (even my sister who has a child...still weighs 110) as are the majority of my family members! My friends are all between average and thin...can't wait to go shopping with them and be able to shop in the same department!

So today is the first day of the new year!! I'm on track so far!
Here I come 195!!

To get there I'm setting mini-goals. I want to lose 12 lbs in January!

What is your mini-goal?

mom2threebratz
01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
happy new years all. i've been experimenting with different eating plans...although i've done almost everyone already. but they've never succeeded while i worked. i'm searching for something doable that i can do long term. i am currently mixing ese (eat stop eat) with south beach but not phase one. i don't care if i lose slow as long as i lose and am healthier. anyways, been to the y last couple days and yesterday had a good walk/run

BeachKitty
01-02-2012, 01:14 AM
I need to do this!!!!!

1. I need to lose about 31lbs
2. My deadline is July first but earlier would be fantastic
3. Calorie counting, training for a 5k & new workout dvds
4. I haven't been under 200lbs since elementary school....nuff said lol

Shellbellster
01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
1. I need to lose 61.2 pounds
2. I had it planned to be at 199 for July 4th, but I have been behind a few pounds so I am going to say the end of July.
3. Right now I am just getting my eating under control, but would like to start adding in exercise once I get to 240.
4. Buying clothes from non-plus size stores, going to amusement parks and fitting on the rides comfortably, going to Las Vegas with my friends, and having more confidence.

WE CAN DO THIS! :carrot:

Koshinogi
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi all,

1. I need to lose about 15lbs to be in onderland but I want to target 28lbs by June 1st
2. Calorie Counting (1200-1500) - Clean and Lean diet
3. Exercising between 20-40mins a day (doesnt sound alot but I work rediculous hours and am always on my feet)
4. Sick of wearing "fat pants" to look good in skinny jeans, I want to be able to go out and buy some without muffin tops making me feel bad when I do go shopping.

GOOD LUCK everyone :D

ClaireBear92
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
SW: 225
CW: 224.6 (only a 0.4 lbs drop =[)
GW: 199 or lower

It's my TOM and i believe I'm retaining water! I'll drop soon =]

tavvy
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Koshinogi, Shell, Kitty:: WELCOME! We are all gonna rock this :)

mom2three:: Great job working out! Keep it up!

Claire:: I'm sure in a week the weight will drop away!

Me? I'm down 2.7 lbs so far! Hope everyone else is on track and on plan!

KMme
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Newbie! I need to lose 23 lbs to hit onederland and want to do it by Mar 20. I have many reasons, most of which you all have already named, but the most motivating to me right now is an upcoming vacation in late June. I want to go snorkeling without wearing a t-shirt in the water to cover everything because I am so self-conscious. I want to be able to walk on the beach without getting out of breath. I want to be ME again!!

djs06
01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone!

1. I need to lose 71 pounds as of my last weigh-in (although I suspect much of that was water weight, I'll still use it)
2. Deadline: August 1
3. Right now, I'm following South Beach phase 1. After, I will continue following phase 2 generally. I've learned that low carb and preparation are totally key for me. I'm also counting calories and trying to stay within a range of 1600-1800. I work out 4-5 times a week on the treadmill or elliptical and will add at least 2 days of strength training, even though I hate it!

4. Honestly, I am at a point in my life where I realize I won't be young forever. I just got blood work and everything was fine, except my liver levels were slightly elevated, which is caused by obesity. I know that if I continue on the path I've been on, my cholesterol, blood pressure, etc will be out of whack and I have a family history of health issues that I do NOT want to have. I just want to conquer this once and for all, and I won't beat myself up to do it, but I want to finish my 20s as a healthy, thin person. (Also, I'm a bridesmaid in a summer 2013 wedding, which gives me enough time to lose weight and not be the heifer bridesmaid!) Also, there are other typical vanity reasons, but honestly, I'm more worried about my long-term health and mobility.

ClaireBear92
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Weighed in this morning and i am down to 223 this morning! 1.6 lbs lost since monday! exciting!

That means only 24 more pounds to go until i am 199 and in onederland!

omgzitsmiranda
01-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Weighed in this morning and i am down to 223 this morning! 1.6 lbs lost since monday! exciting!

That means only 24 more pounds to go until i am 199 and in onederland!

woo hoo! you go girl! do you have my fitness pal?

ClaireBear92
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I dont have my fitness pal. I use lose it! I think they're about the same thing right? they can count your calories and you log your exercise and it gives you rewards and you go up levels and stuff.

omgzitsmiranda
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
I dont have my fitness pal. I use lose it! I think they're about the same thing right? they can count your calories and you log your exercise and it gives you rewards and you go up levels and stuff.

Oh okay and yes they are pretty much the same, I was just wondering so I could add you to my friends on there lol :P

ClaireBear92
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Well i will check it out! and if i do join ill let you know =]

Matilda08
01-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone hope all is well!!! Ive been having a good week so far:)

BeachKitty
01-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey everyone! Hope the first week in the new year is going well. I started my first day of weight training today and wow it kicked my booty! I'm gonna hold off on weighing in until the 12th or 14th.

dandk0204
01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
1. I need to lose 69 pounds
2. June 1st
3. Diet and Exercise
4. I'm just tired of being overweight!

I'm in :D

ClaireBear92
01-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I just ate a couple goodies at work! dang it! i will stay and extra 20 mins at the gym tonight.

WannaBaSkinnybride
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I was at 218 this morning.
19lbs till Onderland!

BeachKitty
01-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Finished week 1 of my new exercise program. I'm exhausted but feel great. Hope everyone else is feeling like I do today! :)

ClaireBear92
01-07-2012, 02:59 PM
222 this morning!

23 lbs to onederland! its getting closer =]

packgirl
01-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm feeling so much better, after being sick for nearly a week. Only got two workouts in because of that, but I actually missed working out and exercising. What an exciting feeling!

I'm adjusting my begin weight, as after working out for a few days, my weight shot up 10 pounds. I thought it would go away quickly, but it really hasn't. So instead of seeing gainage I'm just biting the bullet and celebrating five pounds lost!

My clothes are fitting a lot better, which is my original goal (outside of the primary reason, to be healthier). I just need some sort of positive that I can measure.

In the last week, I'm down two pounds and two inches (that includes a gain in my arms and neck O.o).

Beachkitty...I was absolutely exhausted the first week I started working out. But, then, I found all sorts of energy.

WannaBaSkinnybride
01-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm up this morning to 222! Ughh. It was my mothers bday yesterday and I made her a cake and so of course I ate some so now im angry with myself. Hopefully it will pass!

TimeforSummer
01-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey y'all! Hope it's not too late to join in the challenge!

1.25 lbs to Onederland!
2.I'm shooting for my son's 3rd bday, so May 9th is the deadline!
3. I'm counting calories and working out 5-6 days a week.
4. Health and Vanity. I have been having extreme anxiety and depression for a couple years now and I know it's partially my weight.

So, I've been doing well for 3 days now, I know, not that long but it was an accomplishment for me! Well, today we decided to go to red robin and I bombed it! Ugh, now all I can think about is the 1000 calories I ate in one burger.

weebleswobble
01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi ;) I'm Kate. Turning 40 in a few weeks, 219.8.

1) I need to lose 20 pounds to reach 199.
2) I hope to do that by March 15.
3) I am calorie counting, 1200 calories, and trying to do "productive" exercise every day (i.e. housecleaning, yardwork, playing with dogs, etc.)

The motivation for my weight loss is not dying of a complication of obesity in the ten years instead of dying of old age. Looking hot and cute is great too.

dandk0204
01-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Down 10 pounds week 1. 59 pounds to go!

sweetandspicy
01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I would love to join the challenge. I weighed last Tuesday for the first time in a year. I have about 25 pounds to loose to make it to wonderland. I hope to make it there by June 13th, my Birthday. I actually hope to loose more than that by then but I am taking it one day at a time and I do not want to set myself up for failure.

A little about myself, I have been on a diet for the past 20 years, like everyone I have had highs and lows. I am hoping this time will be different. I joined Weight watchers last Tuesday and I prepaid for 9 weeks. I used my christmas money from my mom, so as a promise to her I have to stick with it until then.

Good luck to all!!!

ClaireBear92
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Down to 218.2! 18.8 lbs to go till onderland!!

CaliforniaDreamer
01-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome Kate,Mommyofsix, & TimeforSummer.

I lost 4 lbs this week, I did not think I would lose this much but I'm happy about it lol.

75 lbs til onederland!

sweetandspicy
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Nicki- 4 pounds is an excellent loss, congratulations.

Good day to all!!

I weigh in tonite, so I am quite anxious to see if there is a loss. I am quite hungry right now but I am guzzling water trying to get 64oz in before tonite.

I had a dream last night that I was in the 8th grade and starting high school this fall and had to loose 50 punds before then. It was very realistic like I could see my high school friends and the school. I sort of woke up ion a panic too. It is funny how your mind processes things, my oldest starts high school this fall and I was thinking yesterday that by fall I wish I could loose 50 pounds.

I hope to report a loss tomorrow.

sweetandspicy
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Well I have bad news I did not loose but I also did not gain. I am a little disappointed but I am not giving up. I hope next week shows a loss. My mom is also doing Weight watchers with me and she lost 6 pounds.

weebleswobble
01-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Down a pound. Funny thing is, I feel like I've had a whoosh but...

Well, I'll just spare you all the rest, so I don't go into TMI mode. Suffice to say, I haven't been very regular.

:/ I sound like my grandma.

Kate

tavvy
01-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Hiya ladies!!!
Sorry I have been mia! Everyone is doing well! So far this I have gotten in 150 minutes of exercise! Planning on 300 by end of Saturday. (I count my weeks from Sunday to Saturday)

Since the first of the month I'm down 6 lbs! only 65 to go to 195!!!
I'm doing the biggest loser Wii game, which is HARD but so worth the results! A shirt I got for Christmas was a little snug but this morning it fit perfectly!! I'm looking forward to shrinking out of my clothes!
Weebles, a lb is great! Keep up the hard work and you'll get that woosh. Not to sound like my grandma lol but are you getting enough fiber?

Sweetnspicey, I'm sure you will lose, just keep believing in yourself! Your dream is funny...minds are amazing!

Congrats Californiadreamer! That's great loss!!
Welcome mommyofsix, Kate and timeforsummer!

CaliforniaDreamer
01-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi ladies!

Thanks sweetandspicy & Tavvy

Well this week was weird lol my scale said I gained 105 lbs in one day so I had to ask my dad to buy me a new one. This one works fine. I went to my doctor on Thursday and he told me eat 2,000 calories until I reach 240 lbs then lower 1800. I recently started jogging instead of walking so I can get more out of my workout, I guess it's been working. I hope I can make it to wonder by the summer I still have 73 lbs to lose but I'm only two weeks in and I've lost 8 lbs so that's a good pace to start at.

Cw: 272

73 lbs til Onederland!

jessicado22
01-17-2012, 04:24 AM
Hi, is it too late to join?

My name is Jessica...I was on 3FC a few years back and did really good. I lost over 100 pounds...and then I hurt my knee and started slowly gaining it back. Now 2 years later and I am back up to 265 :( Tonight is my first night of logging back on in years...I know that 3FC helped me so much before.

Just had gallbladder surgery a few weeks ago, but doc has finally given me permission to start working out again, and tomorrow is my start date. Start dieting, start exercising and start working towards that goal again! I sat down tonight and journaled out my goals, and when checking out the different motivational threads on here, this one seemed to match up perfectly with my goals for onederland!

I need to lose 66 pounds to get to Onderland
My deadline is June
I plan on doing vegetarian..nothing too fancy. Just lots of vegetables, fruits, NF yogurt, beans and some whole grains, min fats. Cutting out all processed foods and my favorites.......sugar and processed carbs. (Oh pizza, ice cream and blended chais, how I will miss you). I also plan on working out -- starting out with the WII and my treadmill (doing my own version of C2K), until I can actually run again and then focus on that. I actually liked running when I was doing it before. Next month I would like to sign up for at least one Zumba class. When March comes the fiance will be gone for a month, which will make eating healthily and working out soo much easier, so I expect some results then. Then in April I will join the gym with a groupon I have and again expect results from being able to do the circuit training, classes, etc. Really hoping to meet my goal by the end of May!

My motivation: If I can make my goal, at 199 I get to FINALLY finish my arm sleeve tattoo, get married summer 2012 (I have had my dress purchased for over 2 years now...but haven't been able to fit into it since I bought it!), and hopefully get pregnant again. We think the issues of conceiving are being caused by all my extra junk in the trunk. I'm 31 now, and our daughter is 4. We really want to have another soon!

My biggest motivation is that I am just so tired of being fat. I think about it CONSTANTLY. All the time is it in the back of my head. I actually missed an old friend's funeral this month because I didn't want to see old high school friends looking like I do. Then when I convinced myself I was being stupid, and to just go...then I realized there would be photos uploaded to facebook and so I didn't go. I never upload any new photos now. Still have the same ones from last year and only upload new photos of the family. I am sick of avoiding people and places, and just want to be comfortable with myself. My daughter is so close to school and I don't want her to realize her mom is fat. That would break my heart.

Sorry for all the rambling. This post is my commitment to myself to do this, so once I started stuff just kept pouring out, lol.

Tricia Fierce
01-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi ladies, I hope it's not too late to join but I love the focus of this challenge. Tavvy, thanks for starting this! ;)

1. I need to lose 33 lbs to get to Onederland - but I am focusing on 44 lbs.
2. My deadline is May 13 - my 30th birthday!
3. I plan on accomplishing my goal by
- focusing on staying OP one day at a time.
- attending my WeightWatchers meetings regularly
- checking in here and the other threads I visit regularly (I aim for five days a week)
- Daily tracking and workouts (at least 10 minutes but I aim for 30 minutes a day)
- loving myself enough to forgive when I slip up,
- Making sure treats and indulgences are part of the plan! ;)
4. My WL motivation is the love I have for myself! I believe I deserve nothing but the best, and the person I primarily hold accountable to that standard is ME! :queen:
This means I treat my body to the best quality food (no super-processed junk), the right amount of sleep, daily meditation, more than enough fruits and vegetables, drinking enough water, etc. Loving myself means taking care of myself - tending to my health is just a part of that loving self-care.

Looking forward to checking in with you all! :goodvibes

ASaladandaDream
01-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Im in as well! I have 75lbs to get to onederland! It'll be tough :s I'll set my deadline for August 1st! I like to give myself plenty of time b/c I tend to fall off the wagon :s lol. I'll check back in here so we can all keep each other motivated! I've done great today, got in a good workout & ate pretty healthy.

My major problem is staying away from pop >_< Ive been increasing my water consumption but I can't seem to resist the temptation when it comes to an ice cold coke! I'm cutting back & working on it. baby steps.

jessicado22
01-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Hi Tricia and ASaladandaDream! I feel weird welcoming you as I just joined this yesterday myself, so I'll just say hi! Not sure how active this thread is...but I plan on checking in every day or so to keep myself on track and motivated! So awesome to see others joining and planning on posting regularly too :)

Did okay today...1200 cal and 1/2 hr workout (ran one mile, walked one). Resisted most temptations, but I had way too many carbs/fat compared to my protein. I'm a vegetarian so wondering if I need to either cave and start adding some chicken or something, or perhaps protein shakes? Better decide soon lol...want to get the most out of my efforts!

ASaladandaDream
01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I understand the vegetarian thing jessicado22. I'm not actually a vegetarian, but two of my close friends are. They always complain to me about the lack of choices they have as a vegetarian & one has started eating meat again (not that you should!) My advice would be trying protein shakes? Have you ever tried one? If you're not against it Ive personally tried vanilla muscle milk & it tastes great! It's supposed to be pretty good for you even though there are carbs in it, but a lot of hardcore workout guys use it so *shrugs*

I did pretty good today, I'm pretty proud. I woke up early & got my work done, got in a pretty nice workout, & ate really healthy! I ate spinach today & I hate spinach, but I just kept thinking how good it is for me :)

Ive found that starting my day earlier & gettting a good breakfast (usu. an omelet) makes my day a lot better! I love to sleep & sleep in, but I feel like I waste my day away.

Feeling good, I'll probably weigh myself next week so I'll let you guys know how Im doing soon! Good luck w/ u guys as well!!!

ASaladandaDream
01-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow! I just realize you lost 100lbs jessicado12 !! Congrats!! That is AMAZING & very inspiring!! Good job! ;)

jessicado22
01-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Thanks ASaladandaDream! I actually gained back over half of it back though, lol. Which is why I am back on here!

I'll look into the shake you suggested. I need to do something! Again today my carbs were really high and although I did better with my fat and protein ratio...my protein was still really low. Of course, I did sorta bad today diet wise, so that is part of the issue. Went out to eat and I had a portabella sandwich. Got home and realized it was around 700 calories. Also had a glass of lemonade...wasn't until after I ordered it I realized the error of my ways. Still overall about 1600 calories today, which could have been much worse! Spent 40 minutes on my treadmill (1 1/2 miles ran, 1 1/4 miles walked). So not horrible in the long run. All I can do is learn and plan to do better tomorrow!

W2G on getting up early....I need to work on that. I think starting to exercise again will help with that. I work out at night, but it makes me tired sooner, and as a result of going to bed earlier -- hopefully I'll start waking up earlier!

ClaireBear92
01-20-2012, 05:50 PM
CW: 218

that's a .2 lb loss.

going through a really hard time, just broke up with the boyfriend and trying to recover. just glad i havnt gained anything.

heading to the gym tonigth to get back on the exercise bandwagon.

19 lbs to go to wonderland!

smashley52683
01-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

I hope it's not too late to join this challenge. I am new here and just found this thread.

1. In order to get to Onederland I need to lose approx. 53 lbs.
2. I am giving myself a deadline of July 1. I am just starting out on my journey and while I would love to lose 53lbs faster, I am going to be a little conservative..just in case.
3. I am going to reach my goals by calorie counting and exercising. I have always had a huge problem with portion control and it's amazing to see just how much I was eating, and how much I eat now and am still satisfied. And, exercising and me have never really been pals, I am hoping to become better friends with exercise.
4. My motivation aside from wanting to look better, I want to feel better and I want to be more active with my children. I want to wake up and feel 28, not 70. And I want to set a better example for my 2 young children. Obviously what I have been doing most of my life isn't working.

I can't wait to see everyone, including myself reach our goal of getting to Onederland:)

littlevictories
01-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I'd like to join in!

1. I need to lose 20 pounds to get to Onederland
2. My deadline is June 1st. I am going to Cancun that month, so hopefully I am in Onederland even sooner.
3. Working out more, doing more hikes and outdoorsy stuff, and watching what I eat. I just bought a Fitbit too.
4. Cancun in June, and just for my my health. I'm 30 now and feel so much older.

tavvy
01-21-2012, 03:33 PM
CaliforniaDreamer: your doing an amazing job! Keep it up! :)
Jessica: welcome! You can do it! You have a lot of great reasons to lose the weight and I’m sure you will do great!
Tricia: welcome :) and yes, treats are an important part to staying OP :) (also they are the most yummy part)
Asalad: I used to be completely addicted to soda as well but now I have a regular soda maybe once every two weeks and a coke zero every other day or so…not ideal but definitely better than my previous 3 regular cokes a day! You can do it!
Claire: :hug: Sorry to hear about your relationship, but proud of you for getting back at it! Keep it up! Only 19 lbs to go!!
Smashley: never too late! We are all gonna get to our goal and I’m glad to have people still joining us!!
Littlevictories: I know you can do this! Make a plan, stick with it, and the weight will come off!

jessicado22
01-21-2012, 03:54 PM
ClaireBear92...sorry about the breakup. Way to have still lost something!

smashley52683 -- Welcome! Your goal sounds totally doable, and although exercise sucks at first, when I lost a bunch of weight before...it actually grew on me! There got to a point where I was looking forward to it. :)

littlevictories -- Cancun?!?!!? Woohoo! Totally a motivator to shed pounds! And your goal sounds totally feasible...wouldn't be surprised if you lost more :)

tavvy -- thanks! This is a great thread...I am totally motivated about being under 200 by this, even though I have so long to go, lol. Still, every time I check in here, I feel like it's just around the corner, lol. I guess because in the long run of things, what is a few more months?

TOM, but still down a few pounds, so yay! Ordered a protein shake offline, so hoping that will arrive soon and help me with my protein ratio and hopefully see more results! Otherwise doing good so far...

Crawlil
01-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Late joiner and newbie here if that is ok.

I need to lose 20 give or take to hit 199.

I hope to see this by spring, but will be happy to see it by summer too.

I just started actively trying to lose on 1/5/12 and down 9.7 thus far.

tavvy
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Crawlil, welcome welcome!

OK ladies I have a question: I really love charts on other threads so I want to know if y'all are interested in having a chart here to show your goal, your goal date, your current loss and the amount you still need to lose?

If so please just say yes and I'll get it worked up! I do ask that if we are going to do a chart I will need everyone participating to check in at least once a week!

Thanks ladies!

smashley52683
01-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I think a chart would be a great idea!! Something visual to keep it organized and also to help with accountability. I do a chart for our monthly budget and it keeps me more accountable for things. This would also help us newbs who don't have access to tickers and signatures just yet.:)

jessicado22
01-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi Crawlil --welcome! :)

tavvy -- chart sounds good. I'll agree to check in at least weekly.

ASaladandaDream
01-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Chart sounds good! The extra visual will help motivate us all!!

Ive just decided I need to update my goal! I would like to go to onederland for my birthday, june 5th! ^_^ That'd be the best "trip" ever!! (or as long as Im onederland adjacent, id be happy as well.

I had a hard day to day. I was raining/thunderstorming/flooding when I woke up and everything in me wanted to stay in bed. But I got up & put my sneakers on. 1st mistake! My shoes were SOAKED by the time I made it down the block to the gym :/ .. but I figured I was going to get sweaty anyway so I shouldnt care. Ended up having a pretty good workout! Started C25k! Was the perfect pace for me :) And I met some potential workout buddies ^_^

Crawlil
01-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Chart sounds good! The extra visual will help motivate us all!!

Ive just decided I need to update my goal! I would like to go to onederland for my birthday, june 5th! ^_^ That'd be the best "trip" ever!! (or as long as Im onederland adjacent, id be happy as well.

I had a hard day to day. I was raining/thunderstorming/flooding when I woke up and everything in me wanted to stay in bed. But I got up & put my sneakers on. 1st mistake! My shoes were SOAKED by the time I made it down the block to the gym :/ .. but I figured I was going to get sweaty anyway so I shouldnt care. Ended up having a pretty good workout! Started C25k! Was the perfect pace for me :) And I met some potential workout buddies ^_^
Sounds like a great day overall. I work up to 7 inches of snow with about 3 inches of ice on top of that. I did stay in be most of the day :o I was scared to even check the mail lol

musicalme223
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone! Im in:)

I need to lose 50 pouds to get to Onderland. My weight as of today is 248.8. My summer goal is 199. MY DEADLINE IS JULY 14TH, 2012. I plan to achieve this through calorie counting, and walking for exercise. My motivation? Im 21 and I am limited by my weight. I cant do certain things without becoming winded and my body hurting , and im nowhere near as flexible as I want to be, and I really want to wear a bikini! Also, my best friend is getting married in march of next year, and I dont want to hate the way i look in the pictures when we look back at them. Good luck everyone:)

littlevictories
01-22-2012, 04:49 AM
littlevictories -- Cancun?!?!!? Woohoo! Totally a motivator to shed pounds! And your goal sounds totally feasible...wouldn't be surprised if you lost more :)

I don't know if I will lose more than that considering I will be traveling in Asia for 6 weeks starting end of February. I am almost certain I will not be losing any weight during that time. My goal is to just not gain any weight (which I have been able to do on some trips like Africa and South America).

ILRPinkGirl
01-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Hey everyone, hope I can still join here!
1. I've already lost some weight this year (down from 231), but I'm currently 25 lbs away from Onederland!
2. My deadline is May 27th
3. I'm calorie-counting (1,500 per day) on FitDay. I'm also doing a mix of workouts (I do bootcamp once every other week - too expensive to do more often! But I do a sit-ups/push-ups/jumping jacks/burpees workout 4x per week with my super-fit brother, and elliptical on my own a few times per week)
4. I'm getting my master's degree, and May 27th is my graduation day. I would LOVE to be in Onederland by then to feel fully accomplished on that day. Also, I start a new job this summer, and would love to show up as the new and improved me!

Maggy
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone! Count me in too! I'm new to 3FC & still trying to figure out which groups to join in here.

1. I need to lose 50 pounds to get into Onederland (giving 2 pounds slack & rounding out the number).
2. My deadline is July 4th - Independence Day seemed appropriate & something else to celebrate.
3. I'm doing a modified diet of smaller portions, less carbs, more lean protein, fruits & vegies. My exercise will be 6 days/week weight training & gardening/yard work that my place really needs.
4. My motivations are getting in shape again, being healthier, fitting into smaller sized clothes & making my son & DIL proud of me. :)

tavvy
01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
alrighty ladies, well I'm gonna work up a chart and post it either tonight or tomorrow night :) (in tavvy language that probably means tomorrow or tuesday...lol) But it will surely be done and I will post it. If you haven't posted in the last 7 days I will not include you in the chart, but will add you as soon as you reappear :) :hug: We are all gonna do this thing!! :hug:

LuciMarie
01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Oh, I would love to get in on this. In fact I graduate in May, so I'm really hoping for Onderland. I've already started (from 235 to 225) so I'm on the way at least.
I'm new to 3FC so sorry for my late post!
Okay, so:
1. To get just over Onederland (190) I need to lose 35lbs currently. I'd be happier if I could make just over my halfway mark (188) so I would love to shoot for a 40lb loss. I'd like to get further down the rabbit hole. :lol:
2. My graduation is May 13th (Mother's Day!), so that is my final deadline.
3. Continuing to keep track of what I eat and exercising more is the main idea. Hoping to get to Target in the next week or two to get some dumbbells (I live on a college campus so getting off campus with work and school can be difficult).
4. What motivates me? Being a healthy weight, feeling more comfortable in my own skin, and knowing I'm coming to that point in my life where I'll be going to tons of weddings. I want to take charge of my body again.

tavvy
01-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Look at me being all timely and whatnot! Here is the chart...I know it isn't beautiful but it's the first chart I've ever done on here so I wasn't sure how to do it! I'm sure I'll get it figured out soon! Hope you lovely ladies are doing well!!

Welcome LuciMarie!!

Name-----------Goal---Deadline--------Lost---Remaining
Tavvy----------- 72----July 1st-----------12--- 60
Jessicado------- 66---- June 1st----------------66
Tricia Fierce-----44----May 13th---------------44
ASalad-----------75----August 1st-------------75
ClaireBear92----25----February 21st----6----19
Smashley52683-53----July 1st-----------------53
Little Victories---20----June 1st----------------20
Crawlil-----------20----Spring/Summer------- 20
Musicalme223---50----July 14th---------------50
ILRPinkGirl ------25----May 27th---------------25
Maggy-----------50----July 4th-----------------50
LuciMarie--------40----May 13th---------------40
Nicki-------------80----June 1st----------8-----73

smashley52683
01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
My plan was to weigh in and update every Wednesday, However..I went to the Dr. today and weighed in at 248. I am down another 5 lbs:)

momof3preemies
01-24-2012, 09:52 PM
I would love to join if you would all let me. My name is sarah and im currently 20 pounds from onderland I'd love to get there by april 1st we shall see. good luck everyone and congrats on those pounds lost already!

jessicado22
01-25-2012, 02:59 PM
tavvy--great chart! Simple works just fine for me:)

smashley --W2G on the loss! 5 pounds is awesome.

momof3preemies -- welcome! And happy belated B-day.

Not too much to report on my end. Ended up having to take road trip for a few days, and although I tried to make good choices, I did end up eating a plate of deepfried eggplant. Ugh. Then yesterday I had superbad cravings as a result, but managed to come out alright overall I think. So much easier to be good at home!

stlrsgrl43
01-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Hello everyone, I am fairly new here, I started eating healthy 2 weeks ago and have already lost 10 pounds so I need 25 more pounds to b in onederland and would like to accomplish this by the first week of march. That would b a loss of 3 pounds a week. I am eating 1500 calories a day and have started walking on the treadmill. I am thinking bout joining a gym and have plans on checking one out on monday.

smashley52683
01-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks jessicado22!!! I agree, it is much easier to eat healthy when you are at home.

momof3preemies
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Thank you Jessica!

So 217 this morning!!!

DietDawn
01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
hey sorry its been ages since I updated!!

sw: 209.5 cw 206 gw 180

packgirl
01-28-2012, 06:08 PM
I feel like I finally see some movement....I've lost a little in inches (Gaining in some places, loosing in others) and on the scales. But, I ran some numbers this morning, following my trend over the last month and a half. I won't be hitting onderland by my goal. But that's okay. Slow and steady, right?

CaliforniaDreamer
01-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone!

So I've had a bad two weeks but I finally started losing again. I weighed in at 269 today! I'm so happy lol. So that's 11 lbs lost.

Sw: 280
Cw: 269 (-11)
Gw: 199

70 lbs til Onederland!

jessicado22
01-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Hey ladies...had a great weekend snowshoeing this weekend. It was a big group getaway for 3 days and although I started out really well diet wise, by the end I wasn't making the greatest choices. Not completely horrible, but not great. Hopefully with all the snowshoeing though, I made up for it though, lol. :)

Congrats to everyone with losses! And packgirl, yes slow and steady is awesome too! Honestly, I think that works in the long run. Last time I lost weight fast, but I gained it back. I heard others say over and over again if you lose weight fast, you are much more likely to gain it back, but I thought "oh, not me!" I'm probably going to have to move my goal back this summer too...but I'm telling myself I'm just going to start working harder before then:)

tavvy
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Awesome Job Ladies :) Updated Chart!!
I'm busy busy busy so I will have to catch up over the coming weekend! :hug: Your all fabulous-don't ever forget it!!

Jessicado------- 66---- June 1st----------------66
Smashley52683-53----July 1st-----------5----48
LuciMarie--------40----May 13th---------------40
Nicki-------------80----June 1st---------11-----69
Sarah-----------20-----April 1st----------3----17
StlrsGrl---------25-----March 1st--------------25
DietDawn------30-----------------------3------27

packgirl
01-31-2012, 11:44 PM
jessica, I keep telling myself that. It just gets frustrating to work so hard and not see results. Yes, I'm stronger. Yes, I feel better. Why can't that be enough? It's what I wanted!

smashley52683
02-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Today was My weigh in day. I am down to 244, son another 4lbs gone:carrot: I really hope I make my goal!!!

BeachKitty
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm thinking I might back out of this seeing my name isn't included and despite my best efforts I've had a gain/5 week plateau.

jessicado22
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Beachkitty -- don't back out!! You've only got 30 pounds left, and you can def do it by summer! Usually after a plateau, the weight is more likely to come off faster too. You might check what you're eating too? I know I had a plateau last time I lost weight for the longest time, and finally figured out it was soy stalling me. And with all the entries on here, I'm sure Tavvy just overlooked you -- if you want to stay I'm sure she'll add you now!

littlevictories
02-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm down to 216, and doing a hike this morning to celebrate!

BeachKitty
02-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks so much for your kind words, Jessica. It's just I feel like I'm bringing everyone down with my plateau when we're trying to be losing by a certain time. I'm hoping that my latest idea to get the scale moving again will work soon! I've decided to weigh in on the 17th.

tavvy
02-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Beachkitty, my apologies for not having you on the chart. It had been quite a while and I didn't know if you would still be participating as several people have dropped out! You are not bringing anyone down we are here to support each other! Hope you break that plateau soon and I look forward to seeing you reach your goals!

smashley52683
02-08-2012, 01:44 PM
My weigh in this morning was 242.8. Not as much as I had been losing, But I am just glad to see a loss and no gain, especially after the Super Bowl:o

BeachKitty
02-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Tavvy- Hey girl thanks so much for your support & please don't feel bad at all. It's on me for not posting when I should have. Also I was feeling seriously depressed that day. I'm happy to say I've gotten off the self pitty train though! :) I'll hold off until next week and have an updated (hopefully lower!!!) weigh in right before my weekend trip.

Smashly- Congrats on making it through the Super Bowl! I probably would have cheated a bit if my team had been playing.

CaliforniaDreamer
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Cw: 266 (-14)

67 lbs til Onederland!

jessicado22
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Congrats on the losses ladies! And glad to see you stayed Beachkitty:)

Sorry I've been MIA -- been really busy here. But this weekend will be nice as we have a fancy hotel with a hot tub, chocolates and wine on the coast -- and we'll be leaving our daughter with the grandparents, lol. Will try to be good diet wise!

Down another 3 1/2 pounds today to 255, which is awesome since it is TOM! Feeling all motivated after seeing that scale drop, lmao

LuciMarie
02-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Congrats ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I'm currently down to 219 (maybe a bit behind, but I fell ill recently and didn't get to do as much as I wanted as a result).
Had a little cheering match when my friend offered to let me try on jeans she's recently bought (a size down from what we both usually wear) and even those were a bit loose on us. Nice little victory right there.

momof3preemies
02-11-2012, 07:50 PM
thought I'd update I'm down to 211 as of 2 days ago.

CaliforniaDreamer
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Cw: 264 (-16)

65 lbs til Onederland!

TheVikingNinja
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, I need to lose 84lbs to reach 199. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to make it all the way, but I'm going to act like I can and see how far it takes me.
August 31st. I am giving myself the most possible time so I don't have to feel overly rushed and put myself on some crazy diet that will half starve and half drive me crazy. Also, I have plans to return to college about that time.
I used to be vegetarian for 10 years, then hit some hard times so it was impossible due to money issues. I am planning on returning to a vegetarian/fish diet, which i'm sure will help on its own. Also, yoga every weekday morning (weekends are too crazy due to work and the bf being home, but work involves a lot of walking so I will be moving.), as well as more walking. Maybe jogging. But I'm not there yet.
Well I had a post on myself a bit, but long story short, I recovered from a severe drug addiction, leaving me using food as an escape, as well as weight gain as a side effect of coming off of prescriptions. Now that I have my life under control, it's time to get my weight under control. And I just want to look and feel better.

smashley52683
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I managed to maintain this week, despite a few very big bumps in the road. So I am officially at 242.3, only 1/2 lb down from last week.

Underwater
02-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm a little scared to join this thread, but I might make it to ONEDERLAND by the end of the summer, so I figure why not!

I'm going to Hawaii on 9/1, so that's my goal date!

Starting weight: 12/25/11- 265

1/1/12- actual 260
2/1/12- actual 247
3/1/12- actual 239
4/1/12- actual 232
5/1/12- actual 226.2
6/1/12- actual 221.2
7/1/12- actual 214.6
8/1/12- actual 211.8
9/1/12- actual 207.0

BellaM
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I would love to join! My goal is to reach onederland by May 31, at least give it my best.

ASaladandaDream
02-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Just had a wake up call >_< June 5th isn't as far away as it seems anymore. I need to kick this exercising into high gear if Im still going to make it to onederland for my bday! off to the gym!!

tavvy
02-20-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry ladies :( due to current circumstances in my life I will be unable to be active on this site for the next few months (at least until the end of April). This doesn't mean I won't be working my butt off to lose the weight but I won't be able to log in consistently and keep the chart and help encourage everyone.

Can someone step up and take my place?

Thanks! I know we can all do this!!

Shellbellster
02-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Well, my original goal was to be 199 by the end of July, but I haven't been losing as much weight as I was in the beginning. I'm hoping that once the warm weather hits I'll have an easier time. At the beginning of January I needed to lose 61.2 pounds to be at 199, now I need to lose 50.4 to be at 199. I guess I can't complain, at least I'm losing.

Muggles
02-22-2012, 08:09 AM
1. I need to lose 76 pounds to get to Onederland.

2. My goal date is July 23rd. That is the first day of my family reunion.

3. I plan to eat primarily fruits and vegetables with some soymilk, beans and oatmeal.

4. I was always the "skinny" one in the family. For the last two family reunions, I have been too fat to even participate in some of the activities. The other two "fat" cousins have both lost a ton of weight since the last reunion -- one with lapband and one spent 2 months at a weight loss ranch. I want to be able to enjoy this reunion and play with my kids.

Muggles
02-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Can someone step up and take my place?

Thanks! I know we can all do this!!

I'd be happy to keep the chart going.

Jessicado------- 66---- June 1st-----------3-----63
Smashley52683-53----July 1st-----------10----43
LuciMarie--------40----May 13th---------20------20
Nicki-------------80----June 1st---------11-----69
Sarah-----------20-----April 1st----------3----17
StlrsGrl---------25-----March 1st--------------25
DietDawn------30-----------------------3------27
BeachKitty....28.................................. .......28
CaliforniaDreamer...81...................16....... ...65
momof3preemies....29.................17.........12
TheVikingNinja.....84.....Aug 31...................84
Underwater...66......Aug 1.......18.................48
BellaM.........36.......May 31......8................28
Shellbellster....61.....July 31......11.............50
Muggles.....76........July 23.....................76

I tried to add everyone who posted since Tavvy's last update. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

smashley52683
02-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Well, today was weigh in. I am at 242.1...still no loss:mad: 2 days ago I weighed 240 even, I really think this is TOM weight....it is what it is I guess.

Muggles
02-22-2012, 09:40 PM
I feel like I ate way too much today. I know I stayed under my calorie count but I feel so full/fat today! Ugh.

Muggles
02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
I feel like I ate way too much today. I know I stayed under my calorie count but I feel so full/fat today! Ugh.

I feel a little better as the scale did creep downward this morning. Whew. My first mini deadline is next week and I have less than 2 pounds to go, it'll be close but I might make it.

jessicado22
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey ladies. Sorry you'll be gone Tavvy...hope to see you soon! Thanks Muggles for taking over the chart. If you need any help, let me know.

I'm down to 248!! Yay! First personal goal of being closer to 200 than 300. So only 49 pounds left....which I am hoping I can do in 3 months. We'll see.....

Shellbellster -- heck yeah at least you're moving down! That's over 10 pounds, which is awesome. I'm not doing quite as great as I planned either on the weight loss, but it is still rewarding to lose anything...even if it wasn't what you were hoping for. And I think the warmer weather will help too!

Congrats Muggle on the scale still moving down! I had the same experience because yesterday I ate movie theater popcorn. With butter. What was I thinking? Under my calorie count, but still felt horrible all night. But scale still moved down today, so yay:) And I feel you about the family reunion. Always good to have a set date for motivation to lose weight, lol.

YampyPie
02-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Hello all...can I join? :)

1. Need to lose 25 lbs to see Onederland
2. Deadline: June 20th--Summer Solstice
3. WW (with a LC leaning) & becoming consistent w/ exercise (at least 3 days a week)
4. Motivation to lose weight: health (currently on Lopressor for BP), looks (want to fit in smaller clothes), and emotional wellbeing (I struggle w/ depression, especially when I eat crappy stuff & am not active)

Looking forward to this journey with y'all!

jessicado22
02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Welcome Yampypie! 25 in basically 4 months sounds completely doable:) This thread isn't the most active (it seems to go in spurts), but it is so nice to have that goal mark and feel accountable:)

Down another 2.5 for me! (to 245.5). So only 46 to go........:carrot:

Underwater
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
It's been a rough week and a half. 2 Sundays ago I weighed in at 236 after losing 9 lbs in 2 weeks due to being sick. I just got back from a fun weekend and then a short business trip and I'm back up at 239. Just trying to put it all behind me and be back at 236 soon by March 10th :)

I'm going on a cruise from March 16-25 so I'm not sure what this month has in store for me, but I'll try to do well. If I could maintain over the vacation, that would be sweet :)

packgirl
02-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Still plugging along. Seeing a bit better results than before, but not sure if I can make my June 1 deadline. Looking at August 1 now. I've lost 13 but have 43 to go!

BeachKitty
02-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Kicked my plateau in the behind! I'm down to 220 so that's 21 to go! Good luck to everyone else!

momof3preemies
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey Beautiful ladies ...It's been awhile since I updated I see you all are loosing!!!! AWESOME! my current weight is 207.6!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm soooo close but soooooo far a way!

Thinsole
03-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I'll jump in on this. I've been trying to get to Onderland since November but have recently gained back 15 pounds with a job change.

I've got about 17 pounds to go. So my goal is to be 198 by June 20th.

smashley52683
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey guys, I have been MIA here for a bit, busy,busy,busy. As of this past Wednesday I am down to 240, hoping to be in the 230's this coming Wednesday. It's great to see everyone moing towards goal:). I'm excited for all of us!!

Muggles
03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Name Deadline Lost Remaining
Asalad 1-Aug 75
BeachKitty 31-Aug 7 21
BellaM 31-May 8 28
CaliforniaDreamer 31-Aug 16 65
ClaireBear92 21-Feb 6 19
Crawlil 31-Aug 20
DietDawn 31-Aug 3 27
ILRPinkGirl 27-May 25
Jessicado 1-Jun 15 45
Little Victories 1-Jun 20
LuciMarie 13-May 20 20
Maggy 4-Jul 50
momof3preemies 31-Aug 21 8
Muggles 23-Jul 76
Musicalme223 14-Jul 50
Nicki 1-Jun 11 69
Packgirl 1-Aug 13 43
Sarah 1-Apr 3 17
Shellbellster 31-Jul 11 50
Smashley52683 1-Jul 13 40
StlrsGrl 1-Mar 25
Tavvy 1-Jul 12 60
TheVikingNinja 31-Aug 84
Thinsole 20-Jun 17
Tricia Fierce 13-May 44
Underwater 1-Aug 27 39
YampyPie 20-Jun 25

Welcome to YampyPie, Packgirl and Thinsole!!

I fell off the wagon, again. So I still have 76 pounds to go, ugh. Going to lose at least 1 pound by next week!

momof3preemies
03-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I just noticed I didn't update here...hmmm on friday I was 205.6 :)

jessicado22
03-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Hiya ladies...I am going to have to back out of this challenge cuz I just found out I'm preggers! Which is great. A little bummed I'm going to have to give up my dream of onederland this summer, but will just shoot for next year instead. Good luck to everyone else though for reaching your goals!

smashley52683
03-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Hiya ladies...I am going to have to back out of this challenge cuz I just found out I'm preggers! Which is great. A little bummed I'm going to have to give up my dream of onederland this summer, but will just shoot for next year instead. Good luck to everyone else though for reaching your goals!

Congrats!!! How exciting:D

I am 239 today...finally out of the 240's...very happy!!!!

CaliforniaDreamer
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Cw: 262 (-18)

63 lbs til Onederland!

CaliforniaDreamer
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Cw: 260 (-20)

61 lbs til Onederland!

Muggles
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I gained 5 pounds this week. I don't think my body gets this weight-loss thing. Ugh. Starting fresh tomorrow!!

YampyPie
03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Thx for the welcome! Weight was 219.2 this a.m. :)

Underwater
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I weighed in at 233.6 today so only 34 lbs to go!

About to leave on a family vacation on Friday with a week long cruise, so I'm not sure what the new few weeks will bring! Hoping to maintain on the trip and then be down at 230 to start April :)

osangriared
03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi Ladies,

I would like to join the challenge...what do i need to do?

CaliforniaDreamer
03-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Ladies,

I would like to join the challenge...what do i need to do?

Hi! All you have to do is set a goal date (during the summer) for when you want to make it to onederland (the 100s).

CaliforniaDreamer
03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Cw: 257 (-23)

58 lbs til Onederland!

knobhdy
03-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd like to join if that's alright.

I'd like to be at Onederland by May 5th, which is early for summer, but I am running a 5k that day, and I'd like to be carrying less weight when I do.

I have 11 #s to go.

My plan:
Around 1300 calories a day
Exercise 5-6 days a week. 1-2 days of running and 3 days with my personal trainer.

YampyPie
03-25-2012, 11:24 AM
213.6 today...I can almost "taste" the 100s! Lol. Hope everyone is having a good weekend & welcome to the newcomers. :)

CaliforniaDreamer
03-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Cw: 254 (-26)

55 lbs til Onederland!

knobhdy
03-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Down to 206.6 this weekend. Almost halfway there.

Keep going everyone.

momof3preemies
03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
202!!!! Almost There!!!!! :)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Cw: 249 (-31)

50 lbs til Onederland!

knobhdy
04-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I've re-added exercise to my schedule after a month of only walking because of various injuries. Still even after a hard workout yesterday with a new trainer, the scale showed a bit of a loss.

206.4 - come on, Onederland.

momof3preemies
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I weighed in this morning 200.8!!!! AHHHHH!!! sooo close!

CaliforniaDreamer
04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Cw: 246 (-34)

47 lbs til Onederland!

ubskinnyagain75
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Roughly 28 pounds till onderland which I have not seen since 2003ish. Sighs. I have gotten as close as 202 in the last 9 years, sad but true.
I think I'll see it around the July mark - as long as I don't mess this up again!

VickieLou
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I wanted to reach onderland by June 1st. But since I gained instead of lost weight I need to change it to onderland by September. Good Luck, Everyone.

momof3preemies
04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
199.5!!!! :)

knobhdy
04-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Official weigh in.. not as far along as I'd like, but I added in lots of exercise this past week. My broken toe is finally recovered enough to go back to walking/running and my new gym finally came through with a trainer for me to see. I almost always stall out just after I up my exercise. In a week or two, my body should have recovered from the shock and I'll start seeing the results I want on the scale.

I'm sure I can still make my goal as long as I stay focused and on track.
This morning I weighed 205.8.

BeachKitty
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM
I've been absent for a while due to lack of pc. My new computer is finally ready! I have been working very hard tho and I'm hoping to break into Onederland any day now! I'm excited... but also scared about it for some unknown reason.

Muggles
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
I completely fell off the wagon, but I started again and I am doing better this time. Sadly, my new goal is Onederland by Christmas.

Matilda08
05-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Sw 243
Cw 231.3

Would love to see 199 by august but Im not pushing it lol sometime this year will do!

EatMoreCelery
05-30-2012, 10:43 AM
I'd love to join! I am sooo looking forward to Onederland!! :carrot:

At 213.4 I have about 14 pounds to lose and I plan to do it by August which is only 8 weeks or so away! :p :eek:

What motivated me?
My age, health issues, and groaning knees motivated me to start a calorie counting/walking program and so far, so good!
I'm 50 and I am determined that this time around will be my last big weight loss effort and that I will do whatever I can to maintain after I lose to my goal.

BeachKitty
05-31-2012, 01:51 AM
Well I did it!!! Scale told me today I was at 198! Let's hope I don't fall off the wagon during my week long vacation!

EatMoreCelery
05-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Well I did it!!! Scale told me today I was at 198! Let's hope I don't fall off the wagon during my week long vacation!
:congrat:and have fun on your vacation! :)

Bfrank0926
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Hello all! I've been trying to get back in the ones for a long time now, and I am SOO close :) I have 7lbs to go before I hit ONEderland and I couldn't be happier. I started at 223 in Feb, so I feel pretty good.

I'll try to accomplish it by July 6th. I think that's pretty doable.

I have been on a 12-1500 calorie diet with at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. I actually just started the exercise part this week....but you have to start somewhere! I kind of fell on the wagon and was kind of bad for the past few weeks and haven't really lost anything, so I am really back on track and super motivated.

What really has been motivating me is my trip to Hawaii I'm taking with my boyfriend this Christmas. As dorky as is seems, I want to look good while we're there. I know there are going to be a ton of beautiful women there, and I don't want to feel like he's comparing them to me. Trust me, I'm not doing it for HIM, I'm doing it for myself too. I just want to be healthy, and also look good in the end. Another motivator is my 22nd birthday coming up in September. I don't want to be the chubby girl anymore. I'm young and I want to look and feel great for the rest of my life. :) I look forward to this!!! Good luck everybody.

Bfrank0926
06-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Lost 1.4lbs this week. Currently at 205.6. ONEderland, here I come!

VickieLou
06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Instead of losing weight, I've gained weight. I'm almost back to my highest weight. :cry: But I will just keep trying. Good Luck, Everyone!

Underwater
09-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Twas the night before Hawaii, and all through the house...

Made it to 7 lbs away from Onederland for my trip. Pretty happy with the progress so far and I don't mind it going slow and steady because I'm on an eating plan I can maintain :)