Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 12/29/11

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 12/29/11

wuv2bloved
12-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)[/QUOTE]

canadiancandy
12-29-2011, 01:14 AM
posted this in the thread for the 28th, of course this one popped up right after lol my timing is excellent :p

i was wondering if anyone has taken biotin, zinc and B12 as a preventive measure to the hair loss some experience and if so was it successful for you?

admittedly i am terrified of this. I LOVE the diet but can't loose any of my hair

clowngirl
12-29-2011, 01:20 AM
I would also like to know about the hair loss part- Also is anyone else finding their body chemistry changing? Not just the breath thing but I am having to re-apply deodorant during the day. I guess in my case protein eaters are bald and stinky? Just kidding- but I don't think it's because they are making my deodorant cheaper nowadays.

canadiancandy
12-29-2011, 01:36 AM
ummm i too am needing to reapply my deodorant mid-day :o haha

^^that i can handle. The hair-loss however has me scared. I know from biology that zinc, biotin and B12 are the building blocks of hair. My guess is that these things become depleted and lead to a deficiency which causes the hair-loss. I am hoping taking them in supplement form will ward off any affect the diet has on your hair. I don't know though for sure

Tmg1989
12-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Hey, I was JUST going to post today to see if anyone has NOT lost hair on IPD and I too want to take a preventative measure....

DanafromAustin
12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm surprised that at the 3 1/2 month mark I haven't started to loose any hair. Last time I did Atkins I started to loose at about the 3 month mark and it lasted about 3 months. This time I am taking a high quality fish oil supplement and wondering if this is helping. If I hit the four month mark and no hair loss then I think I will be okay.

Busymomx4
12-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Good morning, its so cold here today -28c with windchill....

I started losing my hair more after the 3month mark....i already don't have much hair so its freaking me out...i haven't been taking anything for it as i don't know exactly what to take.

WI is tomorrow, one day early, as my coach isn't there on saturday. Was at walmart yesterday wanting some new pants and couldn't get any...size 16 in regular clothes are too small and size 16 in the plus size are too big and they don't carry size 14 in the plus size so i was really getting aggravated. I'm in the regular XL shirts though (guess being small chested has its benefits, lol).

I think i'll be looking at the used clothing store for pants, i hate to pay $30+ for a pair of pants that i will only be wearing a couple of months.

Going to play bowling with the kids today, should be fun!

Have a great OP day!

JudoGirl
12-29-2011, 08:43 AM
posted this in the thread for the 28th, of course this one popped up right after lol my timing is excellent :p

i was wondering if anyone has taken biotin, zinc and B12 as a preventive measure to the hair loss some experience and if so was it successful for you?

admittedly i am terrified of this. I LOVE the diet but can't loose any of my hair

Biotin is great !!!go to a Vitamin shop they also have shampoo to take with it..Sally's does too..also I went with a hair spray and mousse that were helpful..and now my hair is more beautiful than before and healthy...When you start having the hair loss its your body getting rid of what was unhealthy to begin with and then it will grow back healthier and fuller.....

JudoGirl
12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Don't panic ....no worries...I went to Vitaman World and got the Super Biotin
5000 Milligrams....its great for Hair and Skin too...They also have a Shampoo and conditioner..

Its very important that you are taking your vitamins and eating all your veggies...

In the Ideal Protein it tells us that Your hair loss is temporary and its getting rid of what is weak and unhealthy to begin with...I know my hair is beautiful now..grew back thicker and fuller and I love it..I now even have a grown up beautitian and we are growing it out and changing my style...

Ishbel
12-29-2011, 09:01 AM

I would also like to know about the hair loss part- Also is anyone else finding their body chemistry changing? Not just the breath thing but I am having to re-apply deodorant during the day. I guess in my case protein eaters are bald and stinky? Just kidding- but I don't think it's because they are making my deodorant cheaper nowadays.

Hey, I was JUST going to post today to see if anyone has NOT lost hair on IPD and I too want to take a preventative measure....

I started losing my hair more after the 3month mark....i already don't have much hair so its freaking me out...i haven't been taking anything for it as i don't know exactly what to take.

I lost hair at the 3 month mark...it felt like a lot and I kinda freaked out as I don't have a lot to begin with. :) My BFFL (Best Friend for Life lol) said it wasn't noticable anyway.

So there is a hair loss thread - I bumped it for you.

I take Omega III and an Antioxidant...as you can see from the hair loss thread I have some growing back again. Which was a surprise as I didn't expect it to grow back until I was in maintenance.

JudoGirl
12-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Wow Bowling sounds sooo fun...I think I will try and get a group together and go bowling Saturday...its time to kick the energy leven up and start working the exercise...
I'm sooo glad I'm back to finish my journey...and I don't care if its winter now..when spring come my body will be sooo ready..

:snowglo::snowglo::snowglo::snowglo::snowglo::snow glo::snowglo::snowglo::snowglo::snowglo::snowglo:: snowglo::hug::hug:

LadyDi2010
12-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Im back! The holidays had me without internet and then I've been super busy at work. As we say in the unit, Saving lives one 12 hour sift at a time, well i had 4 12 hour shifts so i sure hope it paid off lol.

I must admit that i weigh daily, and my scale is right on with my clinic. Today i hit goal!!!! WHOOOO! :D But I'm not at the fat % i want, so I am going to stay on Phase 1 another 2 weeks, then start my journey to phase off. My husband and I are going to Mexico is mid Feb. So hopefully timing is perfect! The one thing i did not consider was clothes and bathing suits... I was going to go shopping but what if i loose even more before we go? What a beautiful dilemma i have put myself in and i couldn't be more thrilled!!:carrot:

My birthday is Saturday (new Years eve) and for once my New Years resolution is not to lose weight. I could just cry a lot of happy tears if i let myself think about it!:hug:

Stick with it my friends, it took me several weeks of not loosing weight and then whoosh. Stay positive, stay of plan, and just keep reminding yourself it is all worth it!

Linden
12-29-2011, 10:31 AM
I must admit that i weigh daily, and my scale is right on with my clinic. Today i hit goal!!!! WHOOOO! :D But I'm not at the fat % i want, so I am going to stay on Phase 1 another 2 weeks, then start my journey to phase off.

WOW! SUPER! What a tremendous gift to yourself.:carrot: :hug:

rbtemplet
12-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Good morning everyone!! Nothing much going on here. WI this afternoon and NOT looking forward to that!! Between my Christmas cheating and TOM I have a feeling I will not be a happy camper by the end of the day!! But I have only myself to blame and only I can change it.

Good luck to everyone with WI's today and congrats to all with losses and NSV's!! Have a great OP day!!

Trinique125
12-29-2011, 11:10 AM
good morning everyone

I have my WI on Saturday a.m. but scared to step on the scale lol.

How long would it take my body to recover from all the xmas goodies I've had since Sat and Sun? I'm been OP since then so here is hoping I won't gain this Sat or even if I gain a lb I wouldn't mind.

Really hesitant to step on my home scale to find out though lol. Serves me right!

sarahmayhem
12-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Im back! The holidays had me without internet and then I've been super busy at work. As we say in the unit, Saving lives one 12 hour sift at a time, well i had 4 12 hour shifts so i sure hope it paid off lol.

I must admit that i weigh daily, and my scale is right on with my clinic. Today i hit goal!!!! WHOOOO! :D But I'm not at the fat % i want, so I am going to stay on Phase 1 another 2 weeks, then start my journey to phase off. My husband and I are going to Mexico is mid Feb. So hopefully timing is perfect! The one thing i did not consider was clothes and bathing suits... I was going to go shopping but what if i loose even more before we go? What a beautiful dilemma i have put myself in and i couldn't be more thrilled!!:carrot:

My birthday is Saturday (new Years eve) and for once my New Years resolution is not to lose weight. I could just cry a lot of happy tears if i let myself think about it!:hug:

Stick with it my friends, it took me several weeks of not loosing weight and then whoosh. Stay positive, stay of plan, and just keep reminding yourself it is all worth it!

Congrats!! I bet it feels awesome to be at your goal! And happy early Birthday :)

good morning everyone

I have my WI on Saturday a.m. but scared to step on the scale lol.

How long would it take my body to recover from all the xmas goodies I've had since Sat and Sun? I'm been OP since then so here is hoping I won't gain this Sat or even if I gain a lb I wouldn't mind.

Really hesitant to step on my home scale to find out though lol. Serves me right!

haha I was in the same boat as you! I cheated on Christmas Eve dinner, all day Christmas Day and then a little bit the day after :X

I weighed in on the 27th, but surprisingly, only gained .8lbs. ...and as of today, that weight is off, plus another 4lbs (according to my home scale!)

There's no use in dwelling on your slip ups; just hop right back on the plan and it will all come off :)

Oh, and I had my first NSV today - I slipped right into my skinny jeans, and they fit perfectly. Funny thing is, I wore these pants when I was 15lbs lighter...they fit just as good now as they did then. It's crazy how this diet really does make you lose inches!!

Trinique125
12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Congrats!! I bet it feels awesome to be at your goal! And happy early Birthday :)

haha I was in the same boat as you! I cheated on Christmas Eve dinner, all day Christmas Day and then a little bit the day after :X

I weighed in on the 27th, but surprisingly, only gained .8lbs. ...and as of today, that weight is off, plus another 4lbs (according to my home scale!)

There's no use in dwelling on your slip ups; just hop right back on the plan and it will all come off :)

Oh, and I had my first NSV today - I slipped right into my skinny jeans, and they fit perfectly. Funny thing is, I wore these pants when I was 15lbs lighter...they fit just as good now as they did then. It's crazy how this diet really does make you lose inches!!

that's awesome, .8 is nothing to take off, here is hoping I see the same results:D congrats on those skinny jeans too:)

Shem7412
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Good Morning!
I had my 2nd WI yesterday and was down 2lbs, which is about 1.5lb diffrent from my home scale WI I do in the mornings. I have my WI at 5pm after work so my coach said that its normal to be 1-2lb diffrence through out the day based off when you ate and drank last. Also I when I weigh myself in mornings I am not wearing much clothes :o
Anyways I still am happy with 2lbs .. especially since she said I lost an inch and half off my mid section! I will take that victory with pride because I didnt give in to any temptations over the holidays and it paid off :D

wuv2bloved
12-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Good to see that everyone is back on the boards and being positive even though there were a few slips over the holiday. Today is a new day and its soon to be a New Year....a year of New YOU, everyone have a great day!

sandyh50
12-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Good to see that everyone is back on the boards and being positive even though there were a few slips over the holiday. Today is a new day and its soon to be a New Year....a year of New YOU, everyone have a great day!

I'm back too! Had a great time in Oregon, but need to get back to phase 1 to lose the pounds I put on. I did phase off properly with phase 2 and 3 and got to maintenance for the holidays, but I had too many CHEAT/FUn days in a row to say I really did Phase 4 the way it is meant to be done.

I can't see my NEW coach until next week as they are closed for the holidays.

Lisa, CONGRATS ON THE 115 POUNDS GONE!!! Woohoo!!!

wuv2bloved
12-29-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm back too! Had a great time in Oregon, but need to get back to phase 1 to lose the pounds I put on. I did phase off properly with phase 2 and 3 and got to maintenance for the holidays, but I had too many CHEAT/FUn days in a row to say I really did Phase 4 the way it is meant to be done.

I can't see my NEW coach until next week as they are closed for the holidays.

Lisa, CONGRATS ON THE 115 POUNDS GONE!!! Woohoo!!!

Thanks Sandy, I am getting there one pound at a time. I am hoping to be at my goal or pretty close too it by my 1yr anniversary on IP which is April 27th!

canadiancandy
12-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses on my hair loss inquires. I have decided to take all 3 (biotin, zinc and B12) through supplements and hopefully ward off any hair loss.

I am not sure i buy into the whole "its your body shedding what is unhealthy" There are only a few causes of hair-loss other then hereditary. The major cause while dieting is a deficiency in one of the 3 above mentioned nutrients. I appreciate the point of view though and will def research it :)

Thank you for bumping the hair-loss thread ..... off i go to read through it :)

lkp888
12-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi everyone!! Congratulations to everyone who had losses today!! This diet is the best thing that has happened to me and to us!! I haven't posted in a few weeks but I finally broke the 200's and I'm in the 100's!! I stayed OP over Christmas and I lost 4lbs today, I was so excited! My clothes are fitting so much better and I'm getting into some of my older clothes that are a size 14 and they are even loose in the waist. As for the hair loss, I haven't noticed anything more than normal and i'm just about done my third month of IP. Good luck to everyone that has there WI today!!! Have a Happy Thursday :)

patns
12-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses on my hair loss inquires. I have decided to take all 3 (biotin, zinc and B12) through supplements and hopefully ward off any hair loss.

I am not sure i buy into the whole "its your body shedding what is unhealthy" There are only a few causes of hair-loss other then hereditary. The major cause while dieting is a deficiency in one of the 3 above mentioned nutrients. I appreciate the point of view though and will def research it :)

Thank you for bumping the hair-loss thread ..... off i go to read through it :)

I haven't had any problem with hair loss but interestingly enough I have been taking all three of those supplements since way before I was on IP.

Pat

Bellamack
12-29-2011, 07:23 PM
oh boy, I am restarting again tomorrow. Have been so good and today, I went on a binge, why? I hope it is not my lack of warmth & sun depression....

Lisa, you will be at your goal soon, you are doing great!

Anyone hear from It's about time?

Sandy, welcome back from Oregon, I was there for 2 weeks about 10 yrs. ago and it was beautiful.

Fizzyizzy
12-29-2011, 08:06 PM
hi everyone,

i am SO ready for the holidays to be over. I've been great and stayed OP throughout the whole thing, except for one mistake- I had some cooked cabbage salad at a holiday dinner and found out later that it had some gin in it when cooked. I'm letting myself move on from that because it was totally by accident, and I'm hoping most of the gin cooked off :)

Anyway, doing well here. Scale said 133 this morning, which means that I've passed my 30 lb loss! I just can't believe it. I spent the day going through my closet and weeding out clothes that are too big for me. I'm going to donate them tomorrow so I don't even have to look at them anymore! Never wearing those again!!

Off to cook dinner of mussels with saffron. Should be delicious.

Here's to the start of a good weekend!

Oh, also, I started IP Oct 15th and haven't had any issues with hair loss. :)

Junetwin11
12-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Down 1 more lb for me and starting phase 2 this weekend. Will still be able to get to my goal but I think 145-150 will be good for me. New year, new phase, new recipes, new workout plan, new eating plan(recipes). Looked up lots of vegan recipes that look soooo good. Just gotta try :)

Paint Lady
12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
I started IP August 1. I have been in Maintenance for 1 week. A few weeks ago, my hair started falling out, so about 4 months on the diet. It seems to have slowed down the last week, but still coming out. Reminds me of how your hair comes out after having a baby. I am definitely picking up some additional supplements to start taking. Biotin, Omega 3, Fish oil, Antioxy, whatever I can find.... I wanted to do a January reboot, but I'm admittedly a little too vain to start again while my hair is still falling out. Not cool at all. Also, I've switched to the clinical strength deodorant and reapply as needed. IP sometimes does equal stinky bald chicks! UGH!

JKfromIL
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM
WI today lost a little over 1 lb. Last week it was less than a pound but, I am determined :) I have stayed OP 100% and I know that everything will be back to normal soon once my body adjusts to some medication changes .

Lmflora
12-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Hello ladies, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Congrats to all the great post Xmas weigh ins and NSV's.

Down 1 more lb for me and starting phase 2 this weekend. Will still be able to get to my goal but I think 145-150 will be good for me. New year, new phase, new recipes, new workout plan, new eating plan(recipes). Looked up lots of vegan recipes that look soooo good. Just gotta try :)

Way to go Junetwin, phase 2!!! Seeing ladies meet their goals keeps me going forward!!

Daughter and I both failed over the holiday. But we are right back on full program as of yesterday. We weigh In tomorrow, hopefully it won't be too dismal.

But no family drama, and it seems we even mended a few fences. I am soooo happy to be home and not traveling.

A few more days before the rat race begins in earnest.

We are too new to the program to notice hair loss, but I do remember that prenatal vitamins, all that folic acid, seemed to make my hair and nails grow like crazy when I was pregnant, might help now. I will have to compare the content to the vitamins we are taking now.

Happy New Year everyone!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wl4GcRq/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl4GcRq/)

Bellamack
12-29-2011, 09:45 PM
I started IP August 1. I have been in Maintenance for 1 week. A few weeks ago, my hair started falling out, so about 4 months on the diet. It seems to have slowed down the last week, but still coming out. Reminds me of how your hair comes out after having a baby. I am definitely picking up some additional supplements to start taking. Biotin, Omega 3, Fish oil, Antioxy, whatever I can find.... I wanted to do a January reboot, but I'm admittedly a little too vain to start again while my hair is still falling out. Not cool at all. Also, I've switched to the clinical strength deodorant and reapply as needed. IP sometimes does equal stinky bald chicks! UGH!

Me too. I didn't know if it was my thyroid or the diet,must be the diet, my thyroid levels were good. I have been taking all the recommended supplements, but I noticed at 4 months that there was alot more hair in the drain and brush, scares me a little to start back up, as I have fairly thin,straight hair. yikes!

DanafromAustin
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM

Yes, but at least we will be stinky bald chicks that are skinny! ;)

Bellamack
12-29-2011, 10:00 PM
lol Dana!

newmom7611
12-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey everyone.. Glad everyone is losing lbs and inches-- congrats to you all. It's such a tough season to stay OP. I was supposed to have my weigh in tomorrow but had to cancel it for an interview. Guess I'll have to torture myself wondering how much I lost this week-- but hopefully it'll pay off for a big difference next week. TOM is in a few days so I know not to get discouraged if I don't lose that week.
Quick question... When drinking our herbal teas--- does that count toward our water intake? My coach said if I have coffee or tea , to supplement it with extra water. So if I have 8 oz of coffee/tea, I'd need to drink an extra 8 oz of water for the day. That's almost impossible for me to do. I already have some trouble getting the 64 oz.

4kiddos
12-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Quick question... When drinking our herbal teas--- does that count toward our water intake? My coach said if I have coffee or tea , to supplement it with extra water. So if I have 8 oz of coffee/tea, I'd need to drink an extra 8 oz of water for the day. That's almost impossible for me to do. I already have some trouble getting the 64 oz.

Hey newmom7611 ~ My understanding is you only have to supplement oz for oz when the tea is caffinated.

Determinedat47
12-29-2011, 10:40 PM
oh boy, I am restarting again tomorrow. Have been so good and today, I went on a binge, why? I hope it is not my lack of warmth & sun depression....

Lisa, you will be at your goal soon, you are doing great!

Anyone hear from It's about time?

Sandy, welcome back from Oregon, I was there for 2 weeks about 10 yrs. ago and it was beautiful.

I think itsabouttime is on a MUCH needed vacation.
Back at it today after being a totally disgusting carb eating machine for 5 days. Went back to low carb on Tuesday and I still feel a bit dizzy and have that darn withdrawal headache. Am feeling so good about not being bloated though. I must just stay away from simple sugars- they really are addictive.

TWoww
12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Just stopped by to say hello and good luck and good work to all those OP! For once I am entering a New year without having to make a resolution to loose weight or work out because the weight is lost and I have been on a running streak since June! You all can do this! Hugs and willpower to all!:carrot:

doublebaby
12-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Faux Pas---- Ha

While making dinner tonight I thought I would get a headstart and make the raspberry jelly for my snack tonight. I did just that and put it in the refrigerator. Well, I went to get it and it was still liquid after 2 hours! I told my husband there must be something bad about this jelly packet because it didn't set. While 'drinking' my jelly I went back to look at the directions and had to laugh. My mind was surely elsewhere because I made it with cold water in the shaker, poured it into a small container and put it in the frig. Clearly I was thinking jelly and doing pudding.
Anyone else ever do something like this with any of the packets?

Reg

4kiddos
12-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Faux Pas---- Ha

While making dinner tonight I thought I would get a headstart and make the raspberry jelly for my snack tonight. I did just that and put it in the refrigerator. Well, I went to get it and it was still liquid after 2 hours! I told my husband there must be something bad about this jelly packet because it didn't set. While 'drinking' my jelly I went back to look at the directions and had to laugh. My mind was surely elsewhere because I made it with cold water in the shaker, poured it into a small container and put it in the frig. Clearly I was thinking jelly and doing pudding.
Anyone else ever do something like this with any of the packets?

Reg

Reg ~ I had to laugh when I read this post. Just the other night I thought I would make my jello for the next day (must have been tired) because I made it with cold water and shook it. Then I was like OH NO! So the next morning, still liquid. I thought well I'll put it in the freezer and have a slush. Wrong, it was so gritty I couldn't eat it. Thanks for the chuckle. BTW, there is a forum called what to do with packets. It has a lot of good ideas.
~Aimee:dizzy: