Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/27/11

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/27/11

wuv2bloved
12-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)[/QUOTE]

SoundSwimmer
12-27-2011, 02:57 AM
:newyear: Today is Day #1 and I am excited and a little nervous. Mostly worrying about evening eating (I have been a nighttime grazer for years.) I wonder if other night owls on the site have had successes battling this?

rissimo
12-27-2011, 08:00 AM
:newyear: Today is Day #1 and I am excited and a little nervous. Mostly worrying about evening eating (I have been a nighttime grazer for years.) I wonder if other night owls on the site have had successes battling this?

:welcome3: SoundSwimmer. Congratulations, Today is the first day of the rest of your NEW life!!! The first 3- days will be the hardest of this journey. I too was a nightime grazer, but I do not crave food any longer. If I do get a little hungry I will make myself a small salad or eat a couple of pickles or drink a cup of herbal tea until it is time to have my drink. I save my third drink to drink an hour before bed, and so far so good. You find on here that hot herbal tea is a life saver for us. You can do it and you will find TONS of support on this forum.

Good Morning IPeeps,
I survived the Christmas holiday with no trouble at all!!! I was able to cook and serve and not sample a thing. We went to NC to have Christmas with my husbands family on Christmas Eve, and I go up early, around 5:00 Christmas Eve morning and made a Sausage, Cheese Grit Casserole so my step-son could have something hot to eat for breakfast. He wasn't able to eat it before he left but he took a big bowl with him and ate it when he got to work. Then my DIL was getting ready to go to her side of the family for their Christmas and she had a little taste. Then she said that I must have alot of WILLPOWER to make this and not eat any of it.

We came back to TN that evening and went to my sister's for Christmas, when we got there mom said, "There is Egg Nog French Toast in there for breakfast." Then she kinds said oops, and looked at me. I told her that I am fine, I have my drink and all is good.

Well, I had my 6th weigh in this morning and I am happy to say..........WOOOOOSSSSHHHH.....5.2 pounds gone for good. WOOHOOO:kickbutt:
I hope everyone has a great OP day!

JKfromIL
12-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Congrats! I hope I see a loss come thurs. :)

JKfromIL
12-27-2011, 08:39 AM
I have had a NSV over the passed two weeks. My medication has reduced from two BP meds a day to only half the dosage of one :) of course all of these changes has reduced my loss during that period but at least it is still a loss ,yeah!

JudoGirl
12-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Wow its good to be back on line here...I've missed everyone and the encouragement..went thru a very tuff fall we had a few deaths in the family and I came off the last of some medication the doctors were giving me...
I have RA and Fibromyalgia and Doctors were giving me cymbalta...oh wow coming off that medication is a fight..but I'm better now and ready to tackle 2012...
I have a few pounds to get off from all this turmoil and I'm back doing my thing..

:hug:

New Englander
12-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Last night I had a dream about shopping for skinny jeans! I guess this diet can make you a Clairvoyant!!! LOL!!! ;)

Pxlkitty4
12-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Hey everyone. Just a quick note for those of you on the daily thread. I've been on maintenance since Oct... I'm up a little over my goal weight range, so stepping back on Phase 1 for a while until the weight comes off. I am planning to get all the holiday junk out of the house today and also work on cleaning/donating toys. I have this week off work, so it's time to whip the house in shape for a healthy and happy 2012!

Last night I had a dream about shopping for skinny jeans! I guess this diet can make you a Clairvoyant!!! LOL!!! ;)

What a great dream! Before IP, I wore a 16/18. Now my skinny jeans are a size 4, and my fat ones are a size 8. You will be in skinny jeans before you know if it if you just stick with it.

ptod
12-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Why do Monday holidays always mess me up for the rest of the week? :dizzy: I already have a HUGE note on the counter to remind me to WI tomorrow morning. This week is likely a stabilizing week for me as I lost 10# in the last 2 weeks.

Today is Day #1 and I am excited and a little nervous.

Welcome SoundSwimmer - don't be nervous. There are lots of people who are on the same journey and have wisdom and insights to share.

:Well, I had my 6th weigh in this morning and I am happy to say..........WOOOOOSSSSHHHH.....5.2 pounds gone for good. WOOHOOO:kickbutt:

Rissimo - congrats! Extra nice gift to yourself after doing nice things for others over the last few days!

I didn't have any trouble with Christmas dinner - turkey and green beans for me. Still only my DH & mom know what I am doing, but no comments about what I wasn't eating. And no food coma for me after dinner. :D

There was more talk about my high school aged niece who has recently decided to become a vegetarian. Mom & I made a special casserole for her - zucchini, mushrooms, spinach with pasta (all things she has eaten before with us). Her uncles noticed she wasn't eating it - come to find out she doesn't like zucchini, mushrooms or spinach - when did THAT happen? We support her decision to be vegetarian if she learns to combine foods to get all the nutrients she needs - not the kind of vegetarian that only eats tater tots for dinner. Blah!

lindac36
12-27-2011, 11:38 AM
good morning all and congrats on staying on plan through the holidays. Only 1 more week before I start and I love reading the daily encouragement. I get my "Yes, I am going to succeed at this" from my daily readings with you!

lindac36
12-27-2011, 11:41 AM
So glad I found you before I started.

JellyMae87
12-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Well this afternoon is WI. I'm hoping for at least 2lbs!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

4kiddos
12-27-2011, 12:10 PM

Welcome Soundswimmer! Lots of encouragement and wisdom in these forums so make sure you look around. Go to the newbies page and the sticky notes for lots of information. Also go to the forum called "What I Wish My Coach Had Told Me" because there are some things that pop up that I wasn't even aware of. Beware of hormones, it can mess up your BC and you may have more frequent or less TOM so if you are within the age range for this just keep a watchful eye. There are daily threads everyday so there is always someone to answer a question or offer support. As far as the nightime eating, my guess is it was more out of boredom rather than hunger. So I would suggest trying to replace your eating with a new healthier habit, reading a book, playing a game, etc. Stick with it! I had my 2nd WI yesterday down 9 lbs and 20.25 inches. You are worth it!:hug:

rbtemplet
12-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Good morning, everyone!! Congrats to all who stayed OP for the holiday!! I wish I had as I feel terrible now. I knew I would regret it, but I had it in my mind that I would go off-plan for Christmas and that is what I did. I don't know why I did, but I did. It's in the past now, nothing I can do about it except learn and be prepared for the next challenge that comes about. I will NOT be going off-plan at New Year's. I'm sooooo glad Christmas is behind me and I have my normal routine back!!

My husband and I got a new treadmill for Christmas because our other one broke a few weeks ago. We put it together yesterday and I plan on trying it out this afternoon. My New Year's resolution is to be able to RUN on it by summertime.

Congrats to everyone with losses and NSV's and good luck to those who WI today! Have a great OP day!!

lindac36
12-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Is there a link to a current IP protocol manual? It seems like coaches are giving out different info. If the clinics have a manual or a protocol that is standardized, it would be nice to read. Thanks

DanafromAustin
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Well, I had my 6th weigh in this morning and I am happy to say..........WOOOOOSSSSHHHH.....5.2 pounds gone for good. WOOHOOO:kickbutt:
I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Great loss this week!!!!

Well this afternoon is WI. I'm hoping for at least 2lbs!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!
Good luck jellymae. I bet you will crossover to wonderland today!

Just got back from my WI and down 4 pounds. Very happy the holidays are just about over. I stayed OP, but tired of looking at all of that food. :dizzy:
Have a good Tuesday everyone!

4kiddos
12-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Is there a link to a current IP protocol manual? It seems like coaches are giving out different info. If the clinics have a manual or a protocol that is standardized, it would be nice to read. Thanks

Go to the sticky notes on the main page of Ideal Protein. it has tons of information including print outs. Good luck for your upcoming start date.:)

New Englander
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey everyone. Just a quick note for those of you on the daily thread. I've been on maintenance since Oct... I'm up a little over my goal weight range, so stepping back on Phase 1 for a while until the weight comes off. I am planning to get all the holiday junk out of the house today and also work on cleaning/donating toys. I have this week off work, so it's time to whip the house in shape for a healthy and happy 2012!

What a great dream! Before IP, I wore a 16/18. Now my skinny jeans are a size 4, and my fat ones are a size 8. You will be in skinny jeans before you know if it if you just stick with it.
Pxlkitty4, Thanks for the words of encouragement...some times it doesn't feel like it will be possible even though I know it will be...CAN'T WAIT for GOAL!!! :)

Linden
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Wow its good to be back on line here...I've missed everyone and the encouragement..went thru a very tuff fall we had a few deaths in the family and I came off the last of some medication the doctors were giving me...
I have RA and Fibromyalgia and Doctors were giving me cymbalta...oh wow coming off that medication is a fight..but I'm better now and ready to tackle 2012...
I have a few pounds to get off from all this turmoil and I'm back doing my thing..

:hug:I've been taking krill oil instead of fish or flax for about 3 months, as recommended for fibromyalgia, and all I can say is Try it. Or, more sensibly than taking my recommendation, Google Dr. Michael Eades and Fibromyalgia and read all he's got to say, including comments from readers. I sure hope this helps. (Oops, edit.) And welcome back.

sarahmayhem
12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Well, I had my 6th weigh in this morning and I am happy to say..........WOOOOOSSSSHHHH.....5.2 pounds gone for good.

That's awesome!! Congrats :)

Welcome SoundSwimmer - I hope your first day (and week!) go by smoothly!

...I had my 3rd weigh in today. I made the decision to go off plan for Christmas Eve dinner/Christmas Day. I know most of you wouldn't support this, but it's the one cheat day that I wanted. ...and you know what? The foods I normally would have pigged out on in years past weren't even that appealing! I'm sort of glad I splurged because I had my fill and realized it really wasn't worth it. Those cookies and pastas weren't really anything I couldn't live without. I was up .8 on my weigh in, but I know next week that will be gone, plus hopefully a lot more.

With that said, I got measured today - I was down another 2 inches in my waist, amongst other inches all over my body. Couldn't be happier :D

Hope the rest of you had a good holiday :D

New Englander
12-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Good luck! That means you'll have lost 100 pounds!!! That's fantastic!!! You're such an inspiration! Keep it up!!! :)

Pamelama
12-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Love reading about all of your successes! I had an interesting morning... We got back yesterday from 5 nights in the local mountains and went to bed last night around midnight. I woke up this morning at 10:20!!!! I haven't slept that late in....forever! Felt great though. Good thing I work at home :)

I stuck with IP the entire time. There was one day I don't think I got enough water, but other than that, I got thru it. Challenging at times, but not impossible. 3rd WI tomorrow, can't wait to see results!

Have a great day! :)

Pam

Junetwin11
12-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Back to work tomorrow for me. Then only 2 weeks until another week off. Stayed OP during the holidays. Cleaning house, laundry and colouring my hair today. I am brunette...going auburn :) New body, new look, new year. Life is GREAT :)

sandralosingweight
12-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Hope everybody had nice holidays.

Today was my first time going to the gym and exercising while on this program. I swam 200 meters and I did 10 minutes on the stationary bike andw then about 10 minute s walking, while I did this I felt so good, but now my muscles are killing me, I didn't know I was so rusty :)

I know I gained some weight over Christmas, but I don't dare to step on the scale to know e exactly how much, I would better wait until I m few days OP.

hope you'll have a wonderful week.

SomedayBubblySomeday
12-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

Great job on resisting the holiday temptations!! It was great to read all of the posts, and I am so happy for all of you! I had WI#3 today, and I am down another 3.5lbs and 4 inches for a grand total of 12lbs and 9 inches in 3 weeks! I couldn't be happier. I stayed away from all of the cookies, breads and potatoes, but I did double the champagne allowance :) I am glad everyone had a safe holiday and we're going to be the ones with the biggest smiles on New Year's resolution day!

JellyMae87
12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Well just back from WI. Down 3... Now that I hit that milestone. I can stop stressing WUV out over text messages. Haha.

SomedayBubblySomeday
12-27-2011, 06:05 PM
CONGRATULATIONS JellyMae!!!!!!!!!!!!

SewingMomma
12-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Congratulations JellyMae and all the others who had great WIs today!!!! Things are starting to settle down here. The kids are off of school and still aren't bouncing off the walls. Santa did a good job with their gifts this year. My cousin is bringing her daughter over today. She'll be spending a couple of days with us, and that will also keep the kids busy.

NSV for me this week. I fit, really fit, into an XL tshirt! Haven't worn that size in years. I also was able to put on my uber-tight size 18 jeans. They also FIT!!! In a few weeks I'll be able to pick up some in a smaller size. My size 20 jeans are falling off.

Junetwin11
12-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Congrats Jellymae!!! Awesome :)

JKfromIL
12-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Well just back from WI. Down 3... Now that I hit that milestone. I can stop stressing WUV out over text messages. Haha.

Congratulations!!!!

DollFaceBella
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM

:congrat:
Way to go!!!

Louisiana chick
12-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Congratulations on hitting your 100 pound mark. What a great accomplishment!!

Bellamack
12-27-2011, 07:02 PM
I've been taking krill oil instead of fish or flax for about 3 months, as recommended for fibromyalgia, and all I can say is Try it. Or, more sensibly than taking my recommendation, Google Dr. Michael Eades and Fibromyalgia and read all he's got to say, including comments from readers. I sure hope this helps. (Oops, edit.) And welcome back.
I also took Cymbalta for many years for Fibro and it was Hel* to get off of! I got off because of liver enzymes, they went back to normal after getting off. I think I will try krill oil! thx.

I think I will go back on phase I tomorrow, I was going to wait until the first, but why wait?

Bellamack
12-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Whoot Whoot! Jelly that is fantastic!

patns
12-27-2011, 07:24 PM

Way to go Jelly!!! The latest member of the 100 pound club! You so deserve that wonderful news!

Pat

patns
12-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I also took Cymbals for many years for Fibril and it was Heal* to get off of! I got off because of liver enzymes, they went back to normal after getting off. I think I will try krill oil! THC.

I think I will go back on phase I tomorrow, I was going to wait until the first, but why wait?

Hey Bella, welcome back to phase 1, we are on the home stretch now!

I switched to Krill Oil too when Leiden mentioned it. I have always had trouble with Omega supplements, they make me nauseous no matter what I take them with. The krill oil is fantastic. Now I can take my supplements, and have my protein shake on my long early morning commute and feel just fine.

I went off plan on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I didn't go hog wild, didn't have grain products or alcohol but did have some sugary treats.

I am thinking ahead to maintenance, I wanted to check two things. One was would I gain weight rapidly when I added no-nos back. The answer to that was yes, I was up a pound right away. My other question was would I go back of my life long problem of carb frenzies with the chocolate additions. The answer to that was no; it must be bread and baked goods that sends me down that garden path.

The other big issue I had is once I ate off plan for two days I mentally was sure I weighed 200 pounds again and was sure none of my clothes would fit.
So what I need to keep at the front of my mind is when I do have a venture in the wrong direction when I am in maintenance that I can get right back on track and not to give up quickly.

So I am back on program starting the day after Christmas and hope to reach goal in time to phase off for my break at the end of March. I downloaded a free app on my smart phone called ideal weight. It is quite simple really, just a few questions. It said that the ideal weight for a man stays consistent throughout his life but for a woman it changes with age.

I had been thinking I would lower my goal as I neared my original goal of 130. The app gave my ideal weight as 127.
So I have changed my ticker with that as my new goal. So I have 9 pounds to go.

So ready to get to the finish line this spring.

Continuing good results for all of us, even slow losers such as me!

Pat

sandralosingweight
12-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Congratulations JellyMae :)

We should open a thread for the -100 club :) I can't wait to join, I think I will by this summer hopefully.

JudoGirl
12-27-2011, 08:15 PM

There is a manual but its just for the Clinic Coaches...you should tell them you have concernes..remember you pay them..so make them get it right..
its your journey and you want the right answers...I run a clinic In Good Old San Antonio Texas....

disgal
12-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey everyone!!! I haven't been on Daily Chats in a while.....but wanted to congratulate everyone on doing such a great job!!!! :carrot: Keep up the good work!!! I always get so motivated when I read these posts!! Thank you all for keeping me in line!! 2012 is going to be a FABULOUS year for all of us!!!!:D

JudoGirl.....so nice to see a familiar name!! Hope your clinic is doing well!!! God Bless you for helping so many people!!! :hug:

Best wishes all!!!

wuv2bloved
12-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Well Hello everyone, I have been MIA today lots of running around to do today. Lots of familiar faces around today, glad to see y'all checking in...Miss y'all around here!! Congrats on the WI's today, looks like we did well over the Holiday which is fantastic!!. Jelly, I knew you would do it....AWESOME job!!

While I was at Mom's for Christmas, we went shopping in her closet for ME...hahaha....hadn't done that since High School, I am fitting into the clothes she was wearing when she started. So now I have some clothes to last me the winter except maybe I need another pair of pants. I only have one pair of jeans and one pair of workout pants I wear to my WI's....lol.

Welcome to the newcomers, don't be nervous, we are all here to help and support you in this journey. This is the beginning of the rest of your life, you will enjoy it, its a strict program but very easy to deal with. Variety is the key, open your mind to new things, new foods and it will become easier for you. Good luck!!

Ishbel
12-27-2011, 09:18 PM

WAY TO GO JELLYMAE!! Well done!

I traveled for Christmas and I'm traveling for New Years...I get only two days home and one day is for shopping...<sigh>. Travelling on this diet is for the birds...but hey...I watched my family consume piles of sugar that I didn't indulge in. They all felt sick to their tummy and were running to the bathroom. They all kept debating on what made them sick and my inner conversation was "BECAUSE YOU ATE ALL THAT CRAP!" Boxing Day supper was a never ending supper for them for like 3 hours...wow. I love them all, but WOW, I used to do that.

Hope everyone's had a good holiday so far! :) Glad to be home for two days....maybe my system will relax (12 hours of car in the last four days). :/

Busymomx4
12-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Congratulations Jelly!

patns
12-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone!!! I haven't been on Daily Chats in a while.....but wanted to congratulate everyone on doing such a great job!!!! :carrot: Keep up the good work!!! I always get so motivated when I read these posts!! Thank you all for keeping me in line!! 2012 is going to be a FABULOUS year for all of us!!!!:D

JudoGirl.....so nice to see a familiar name!! Hope your clinic is doing well!!! God Bless you for helping so many people!!! :hug:

Best wishes all!!!

Thank you so much for checking in and letting us know you continue to do so well.
I always wonder how people do after they have been on maintenance for some time.

Pat

JellyMae87
12-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Thank you everyone!! It's definitely been a roller coaster ride. But its been a fun one... I totally look forward to goal now.... But before that it will be wonderland!! Eeek!!

Gaia
12-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Congratulations JellyMae! What a fantastic accomplishment and a great way to start the new year!

Bellamack
12-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Hey Bella, welcome back to phase 1, we are on the home stretch now!

I switched to Krill Oil too when Leiden mentioned it. I have always had trouble with Omega supplements, they make me nauseous no matter what I take them with. The krill oil is fantastic. Now I can take my supplements, and have my protein shake on my long early morning commute and feel just fine.

I went off plan on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I didn't go hog wild, didn't have grain products or alcohol but did have some sugary treats.

I am thinking ahead to maintenance, I wanted to check two things. One was would I gain weight rapidly when I added no-nos back. The answer to that was yes, I was up a pound right away. My other question was would I go back of my life long problem of carb frenzies with the chocolate additions. The answer to that was no; it must be bread and baked goods that sends me down that garden path.

The other big issue I had is once I ate off plan for two days I mentally was sure I weighed 200 pounds again and was sure none of my clothes would fit.
So what I need to keep at the front of my mind is when I do have a venture in the wrong direction when I am in maintenance that I can get right back on track and not to give up quickly.

So I am back on program starting the day after Christmas and hope to reach goal in time to phase off for my break at the end of March. I downloaded a free app on my smart phone called ideal weight. It is quite simple really, just a few questions. It said that the ideal weight for a man stays consistent throughout his life but for a woman it changes with age.

I had been thinking I would lower my goal as I neared my original goal of 130. The app gave my ideal weight as 127.
So I have changed my ticker with that as my new goal. So I have 9 pounds to go.

So ready to get to the finish line this spring.

Continuing good results for all of us, even slow losers such as me!

Pat
Pat,

I had to laugh about "as soon as you ate off plan, you thought you would go back to 200 lbs" I felt the exact same way! I phased off and stayed on Phase 4 until the week or so before Christmas. I decided to eat what I wanted, when I wanted to see the "aftermath" I ate and drank whatever for the past 2+ weeks and amazingly I was only up 2 lbs when I weighed this am, so I figure that will be gone my first week back on PHase 1. I know that I definitely don't (can't) eat as much as I used to and too much sugary food makes me feel ill.
I am picking up some krill oil today. I am like you, fish oil makes me nausious no matter the brand or time of day I take it.
You are sooooooooo close to goal. Good Luck and I'll be seeing you on the boards. :)