Weight Loss Support - Facebook NSV

View Full Version : Facebook NSV

Bette k
12-26-2011, 05:18 PM
So a few weeks ago I started posting my workouts and goals on facebook and a few people liked them and I got a few comments, but wasn't sure if I should keep doing it. Then at Christmas several family members told me how much they liked reading about my workouts and that I was inspiring them to workout and lose weight. So now I'm going to keep it up and hope some of it rubs off on my friends.
At first I felt weird letting it out there, but even tho I haven't got the courage to post my weight I still am letting out a lot of what I would never talk about before. It's making me more accountable too, I don't want to let anyone down.
Anyone else gone public on faceook?

JanessaFaith
12-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Yep! Well first I posted a link to my blog talking about why I started the journey (PCOS and pre diabetes) and what my plan was. I got several positive and helpful comments on that. I've never posted my weight directly to facebook (its in my blog), but I posted about all my big milestones (25, 50, etc) and have an album with progress pictures (not the ones I take for myself, just whenever I get a full body pic) and just the other day I posted a pic of my new jeans held up against my old shorts showing the difference in size. I am always so happy with all the support I get from facebook friends. People telling me I look great and keep it up and that I'm an inspiration. It feels great!

DrivenByAmbition
12-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I just can't bring myself to do this. To me, it's just very personal. Obviously people see the weight gain, but I just can't put it out there for all to see. Some people are different.

Lambiechop
12-26-2011, 09:45 PM
You are much braver than I. Only a few friends and family know about my weightloss efforts.

wtfudge
12-26-2011, 11:59 PM
This is gonna sound selfish, but I don't want people to know I'm actively trying to lose weight and that I'm quite consciously aware that I could stand to lose weight. I also am afraid of failure. If I fail and I know I fail, that's sad, but tolerable. If all my friends and all of my frenemies or acquaintances know I've failed, it'd be devastating to me. lol. that's just me tho