Simply Filling/Core - Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat Dec 26 to Jan 1 1

nancy237
12-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Wow..my first time starting the weekly thread ..

Is everyone out shopping or sleeping in ??

I was planning a lazy day watching movies & resting but
after seeing how close I am to being finished with the master list
I have been working on since April I am inspired.

But first I must deal with auto repair details.. My car is in the shop and Robin's truck now has a transmission that is slipping gears bad.. Pretty bad when you have 2 nice vehicles and they both have problems at the same time. My Toyota Highlander is a 2005 and I am considering a new car. I have had 3 major issues in the last 9 months.. Now its an alternator. I think I just want to lease a car and have zero maintenance issues.

nancy237
12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
See why I don't start threads..

I put in too many "1" s

I changed the thread title to Jan 1..but the main title still says til jan 11.

If anyone knows how to correct that let me know..

Vickie
12-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Hey, Nancy! Thanks for the thread. I just got up at 9:30 after being up from midnight until 3:00....as you know!

No lazy day for us. We have the after Christmas get together with leftovers and put together kid toys extravaganza planned. My Niece bakes a ham and I made homemade macaroni and cheese and a jello mold. Then we'll eat Christmas cookies and candy for dessert. Tomorrow is our lazy pj day though for sure.

BTW, you didn't ask for my opinion but I would never lease a car. I know that it is not the best financial way to go from listening to my hero Suze Orman. I'm afraid I can't clearly explain why it isn't a good idea, but I can't. I think it boils down to it costs way more in the end than it would to just buy a car outright. You know that they don't build them to last anymore. We have a 2005 Buick LeSabre and the transmission had to be replaced before it was 3 years old. Luckily, we had the extended warranty and it only cost us $50!. You do need something reliable for sure.

Hope the rest of you Chicks are having fun playing with your toys!

I'll be back tomorrow.

Tejas
12-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't know how to change the main title either...we'll all find our way here I bet.

I'm resting today, except for getting some exercise. I've dug out my exercise videos to work out to, then I'm going to lift some weights. I will not step on the scales though!

Tejas
12-26-2011, 12:21 PM
PS: I've heard the same thing that Vickie has about leasing. I believe it is a good idea if you are on the road a lot, like for business...but, for the rest of us it's not such a good idea.

Do you have a mechanic you can trust? They're worth their weight in gold.

Vickie
12-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Here's a Suze Orman article on Yahoo about leasing. Hope they leave it up for you to see; otherwise google Suze Orman on leasing cars.

http://biz.yahoo.com/pfg/e16buylease/

pam920
12-26-2011, 02:07 PM
hello chicks.

My take on leasing. My husband worked at Ford Motor Co, so we get the employee discount on the sticker price. When I worked, I did lease a vehicle. It wasn't any fancy smancy car. It was a Taurus. I like to trade every couple years and it just made sense to lease. My payment was smaller, when the lease was over I didn't have to dicker with the salesman on a trade in value, etc. etc. You just turn the car in and get a new one. Today I wouldn't lease. For one thing, we put too many miles on our car and would go over my limit and have to pay per mile at the end. It worked out for me when I leased, so I wouldn't say to never lease. It depends on each person.

We are relaxing today. Nothing to return.

Vickie, did you get your bathroom completed? Where are the pics, lol.

Rhonda, you say you are resting then rattle off a list of all these exercises. I'm tired just reading about it. I say just sit back and enjoy the day.

nancy237
12-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Probably right about leasing . I should just start looking at 1 year old cars...
Maybe after all this work my car will not need anything for awhile. I love the car but I think I could get something with better gas milage.
I have so much else to sell i should just worry about the car next year.

I have read that stuff on leasing but I still wonder if you invest the money instead of paying cash for a car and use the interest earned for the monthly payment how the math works out that way...

I am off to buy dog food..My son's lab is here , so with the 2 of them they go through a bag fast. I gave them ham this morning for a hold me over til I got to the store. They loved that...So I have Tucker(dog I found & can't decide if I am keeping), Riley (son's dog) Ripley (son's rat) Marco (grandson's hamster)
and Cat (the only pet that belongs here) Its a zoo !!

Jan 1 ..South Beach here I come..I am waiting so I don't waste all the food in the house this week and with the boys still here I can eat what they eat.

pam920
12-26-2011, 04:42 PM
has anyone exercised with kettlebells? Thinking about getting one

ontarget
12-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Nancy, thank you for the new pages.

Vickie, sounds like a busy, fun-filled day for you and Jim. enjoy yourselves.

Rhonda, Curtis and I did Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" this morning. I hope this becomes habit forming.

Pam, I have not used kettlebells. Sorry I can't help.

I went grocery shopping this morning. We're stocked with CORE foods. Life is good.

Have a great day, everyone!

Tejas
12-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Pam, I use kettlebells (KB) in some of my routines. The KB swing is great, and there is a lot on YouTube. I use the 26 pound one, but you might want to start with 10. Form is important, as it is in all exercise. Go for it. There are KB challenges on the 3FC site under exercise.

I was worn out after lifting weights, actually. I had a cold last week and didn't do much. One puny little cold and I become a weakling :lol:

Sandra, good for you and Curtis. I like LS's videos; they keep you moving which is sometimes hard to do when you're actually walking.

Tejas
12-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Pam, here's one on 3FC..she says she'll post videos.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/248992-10-000-kettlebell-challenge.html

pam920
12-27-2011, 12:04 AM
I knew Rhonda would know about them. I ordered a 15# and it will be here late next week. I know we are walking a lot lately, but I just don't feel like I'm getting enough out of it. My husbands glucose is under control, so it's helping him and he feels great too. I have Leslie tapes, and the last one I bought is an excellent workout (better than her earlier ones). It was only $10 and it uses the bands, and its 1-2-3-4 mile workouts. But, I've been seeing those kettlebells on Biggest Loser and thought they might be worth looking into.

ontarget
12-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Pam, I'm still using the older LS tapes. I am soooooo out of shape.

Tejas
12-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Some people claim KBs are IT! I like working with them, but I've got a "catch" in my right hip that has been slowing me down on the upswing :lol:

pam920
12-27-2011, 09:42 AM
morning chicks.

Rhonda, I have read the same thing. I have a bad back so I'm concerned about that. I will definitely do my homework before attempting to use them.

Sandra, invest in the tape I mentioned. You will not be disappointed. I got mine at walmart. It's raining here today, so i'm going to do Leslie and maybe I can get my husband to follow along (at his pace) for the 1st mile.

I have fnally lost 1 pound after all that walking.

ems81wales
12-27-2011, 12:19 PM
afternoon chicks hope you all had a lovely xmas :D i did and i ate far to much i am all bloated now cant wait for jan 1st so i can concentrate on getting xmas gain and rest of weight off.

how was everyones xmas and boxing days xxx

Tejas
12-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Congratulations Pam :woohoo:

I looked at the Live Armstrong site last night and they have a section called 10 best exercises. I do almost all of those a few times a week. I'll post the link later. I'm finding 3FC to be really slow lately....anyone else having that problem.

ontarget
12-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Good morning. I have a good CORE meal prepared for lunch and just waiting for Curtis to get home from the archery shop so we can enjoy it. (Can you tell I'm working on having a positive attitude?) :lol: After lunch, we're going riding around to area lakes to check water levels. We may go fishing Friday.
Tonight we're meeting family at Olive Garden for dinner then going to my brother's for a visit. Should be fun.

Ems, we had a good Christmas. My eating could have been better but wasn't too bad. I got back on program yesterday to get a headstart. You look fabulous in your photo. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas. You earned it.

Rhonda, my right hip is catching a little again, too. I'm debating about going to my chiropractor after the first of the year. (I'll be on Medicare then and I don't think it'll cost anything. At least I hope it doesn't. The most Curtis has had to pay is $4. That's not bad.)

Pam, I may just get those new tapes. Confession--I'm not able to do the complete 1 mile workout yet. Until today I've had to sit down 3 times per session. Today I didn't do the upper body and was able to "walk" the whole mile. Am I out of shape or what!

nancy237
12-27-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm finding 3FC to be really slow lately....anyone else having that problem.

Yes !!!!!!

Tejas
12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
:lol: Nancy, glad it's not just me. I guess lots of people are looking for support post- Christmas indulgences. It's not slow this time. :shrug:

Ems, the holiday was great for us, even with a few family issues here and there. For example, I bought some presents for some kids that had to be taken to them because I couldn't get to the party. Not ONE thank you from the parents. Harrummppph. (my side of the family by the way!)

Sandra, you'll get there...just keep on keeping on. :hug:

ontarget
12-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Rhonda, that's very inconsiderate of them not to say, "Thank you." We have some relatives that are that way, too. Makes you not want to "do" for them, doesn't it?

sloanie
12-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Found out today that I have a torn gluteal muscle that has partially pulled away from my hip bone and has become calcified in one area. The doc said the pain was like having "bursitis on steroids", and I have to agree. He injected the inflamed tendon and said to continue with PT. Hopefully that will do it 'cause the next step is surgery. I've been laying around for days and really need to be exercising. Also, I need to lay in a few core freezer meals for "D" day. Maybe I will be able to be up more in a few days.

Does anyone have fun plans for New Years Eve?

Tejas
12-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Ouch, Sloanie!

Sandra, well, we "do" for the kids, but I wouldn't mind a little parental responsibility.

No New Years plans.

ontarget
12-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Rhonda, I hear ya. We still do for the kids, too. I have to deal with my resentments sometimes. Sounds like I need to do better with that.

We don't have plans for New Year's either. We'll prob stay home and watch television. Curtis got some Bailey's today. I see that with hot chocolate in his future.

Night night, Chickies.

beach bum
12-28-2011, 10:56 AM
HI LADIES:)

I'm back from NY late last night and had a wonderful holiday with my family.The kids all loved there presents from Santa and I could not believe how great they go alone with out fighting. Maybe they are all growing up and silly things that they got mad about at TG was now not so important anymore.

I didn't read last week or this weeks posts as I didn't have access to a computer.,so I couldn't keep in touch with your guys,while i was gone.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Holiday. I have lots to do this morning[picking up my mail & grocery shopping] so I'll try to get back on the board some time this afternoon.

ontarget
12-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Welcome back, Maryann. You sound like ou had a good time.

I'm going with a friend to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie in a few minutes. Life is good.

Tejas
12-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Here are the exercises I mentioned. I do many of these, but not the jumping ones. I do them at least twice a week, and should do at least one more set.

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/551492-2o-best-body-weight-exercises/

Welcome home Maryann. I'm glad you had fun and past hurts are resolved.

:yawn: I'm going to take a nap!

ontarget
12-28-2011, 08:47 PM
We stayed and watched a second movie. We had a great time. Tomorrow folks are coming out to shoot with us.

Now I'm about to have a CORE snack. See ya'll tomorrow.

beach bum
12-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Woke up,to the temps of 25 degrees and dropping,after having mild weather for the whole week. I guess winter is heading this way. Hope that its does snow next weeks as I have a gift card from Trader Joe's that my DD gave me and I like to use it. Not feeling well this morning,this woman on the bus sitting in back of me was coughing up a storm,hope I'm not sick for New Years.

Got on the scale this morning and stead of gaining this holiday like I did on TG I lost 2 lbs.,but its the loss from swelling and water weight that happened to me on TG when I gained 19 lbs.

NANCY-Resting is what I'm going to do for the rest of the week.Not feeling well think I caught that woman cold. Not doing anything for New Years so,I might take in a movie or something.Bought some eggnog to celebrate the 2012 as 11 wasn't very nice to me with my knee and hip.Oh gee transmission problems hope it won't cost you. I took out warranty insurance for parts that were under the warranty after it ran out. Planning to keep this car even though is going to be 10 years old.

RHONDA-Thanks for the welcome back I going to start exercising again now that the pain from the hip is gone.

SANDRA-Thanks,I like the Leslie Sasame Walk Away The Pounds Tapes.I will be doing them a lot this winter especially when the weather turns bad with snow. Hope you had a good time at the Sherlock Holmes movies my friend doesn't like Sherlock Holmes so I guess we will not be going to that. Hope she goes with me to see The Way instead.

PAM-Congrats on losing 1 lb for walking I can't wait until I can start exercising again. Never used Kettle balls,glad the other ladies could help you.

SLOANE-Now plans for New Years except I might go to a movie called "the Way" with Martin Sheen. Otherwise I just have my eggnog and go to bed.

Going to start my dinner,

Have a great day

Tejas
12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Just back from the doctor where I learned that all of the markers for CV disease are elevated and they want me to take Lipitor for 3 months. Well, darn :(

Also, I was told that the weight lifting is contraindicated for my BP. Double darn. Privately, my language is MUCH worse :)

I also have very high fibrogen levels, which indicates an inflammatory process in my body. He said that I do NOT have RA, but something else is happening. I see the rheumatologist tomorrow and she will do more testing.

Probably, this is all mostly genetic-based stuff, and more cardio is in my future.

pam920
12-29-2011, 06:39 PM
welcome home Maryann. I will probably be asleep when the new year rolls in. I'm going to try to stay awake. Does Dick Clark still do Times Square? I know Ryan Seacrest was hosting and Dick would be there too.

Rhonda, what is CV? I'm glad its not RA, but hope it's still nothing too serious.

I think I need a nap. I just had dinner. Made chicken piccata with artichokes, quinoa, roasted veggies. My favorite meal.

ontarget
12-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Rhonda, I take Lipitar. I know you work really hard to stay healthy. I don't blame you for cussing. I would, too. Let us know what you find out at the rheumatologist tomorrow. I hope you get better news than you got today.

Maryann, we liked the Sherlock movie and also We bought a Zoo. I may take the grands to see the Zoo movie Monday when I'm keeping them.

Pam, I am thinking CV means Cardio Vascular but am not sure.

I'm on Day 4 CORE. So far so good. I made the pan-fried cornmeal chicken tenders for lunch. They were fabulous--and that's after having eaten real fried chicken tenders A LOT lately.

Tejas
12-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Yes, CV means cardiovascular.

I was also mistaken about what the fibrinogen means. I DO have a high level of inflammation, but that was indicated in the antinuclear antibody test. The fibrinogen indicates high levels of clotting factor, which is not good either.

:tantrum:

ontarget
12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Rhonda :hug:

nancy237
12-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Rhonda,
I have been on Lipitor for years to keep my Cholesterol levels good.
I have never heard of weight lifting being a problem with High Blood pressure.

What about natural anti inflammatory foods. I don't know what they all are but
i will look them up. Will they recoommend an aspirin a day.

I just had a heart stress treadmill test because I had an abnormal EKG at that diet center a month or so back. The Dr called this am to say everything is fine.
He said 9 minutes on the treadmill was good endurance & I am thinking he must be comparing me to 90 year old 500 lb patients on oxygen. :D

nancy237
12-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Here's the plan: I'll be weighing in January 1 to start back on CORE.

Me Too...I sent lots of holiday food back with my son today..
I am starting South Beach Phase One Jan 1st.
I am already moving in that
direction, but after Jan 1 ..No exceptions

:dust:

Also plan to start

:woops:

ontarget
12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
That's good news, Nancy. (Your doctor may have been comparing you to me.) :lol:

Tejas
12-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Sandra, :lol:

I know that lots of people take Lipitor and I probably will. It's a drug that I know too much about in terms of problems with it. They did recommend 81mg aspirin, and I bought some today. Also, methylfolate which I have to get at health food store or vitamin shop.

nancy237
12-29-2011, 11:46 PM
I bet I know why the site is slow.

Half of america is starting a new diet jan 1st
:lol::lol:

ontarget
12-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Nancy, you're a hoot! And you're probably right.

Tejas
12-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Nancy, I'm sure you're right. But, the site isn't slow this early in the morning.

I'm off to the doctor soon. BUT, I wanted to tell you all that the sunrise is absolutely spectacular this morning. The streaks of cloud are blazing pink and orange across a blue sky. Wake up!!

pam920
12-30-2011, 10:34 AM
site keeps crashing on me, can't write anything

Vickie
12-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to get ready for PT. I'll be back later to catch up.

pam920
12-30-2011, 10:45 AM
I just thought about wordpad. I am typing this and will copy and paste. duh!!!
This site keeps crashing on me. Must be too much traffic in here. This has happened before. It's not my computer. Don't have a problem at any other sites.
Rhonda, good luck this morning. I also take Lipitor, along with Niaspan and 2 aspirin. I can't seem to get my HDL up where it should be, even taking the Niaspan. But it would be even lower if I stopped the Niaspan.
Not quite understanding the inflammation stuff, so fill us in when you get home.
Sandra, you are quite the comic, along with Nancy.

Tejas
12-30-2011, 01:30 PM
:dance: good news! I do NOT have rheumatoid arthritis..just the garden variety osteoarthritis and some bursitis in my hip. The doctor said that 25% of women have higher than normal antinuclear antibody scores, but no RA. I'm one of them she said. Hooray.

Pam, the inflammation is throughout the body and must be CV related. I'll have to check this out more with GP because rheumatologist was "underwhelmed" she said. Laughing about that way to give good news.

sloanie
12-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Rhonda, I'm wondering if weight lifters usually have high "inflammation indicators" due to the normal strain on the muscles that lifting causes. Just a thought.

ontarget
12-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Rhonda, :woohoo: This is fantastic news.

I was outside most of the day shooting. Beautiful day! Tomorrow is to be prettier. Life is good.

Tejas
12-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Sloan, I don't know about that. I did tell her that I lifted weights and she didn't mention it.

I think I figured out the inflammation thing. The GP saw the antinuclear antibody score (ANA) and believed that it meant some kind of autoimmune problem, and the specialist is saying "no" I'm just one of those who test high.

The tests results are lengthy and complicated. I'll spend some time on the Mayo clinic site this weekend for sure.

I had a wonderful massage this afternoon. :-)

pam920
12-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Rhonda, great news that it's not RA. Last summer I had that bad blood work that showed my liver counts were off. Worried since I take Lipitor and Niaspan, but a later test showed things were normal again. Do you think it was a fluke? Will they retest later down the road?

I had an eye appt this afternoon. He dilated my eyes almost 6 hrs ago and they are still not back to normal. I have the start of a catarac, some nerve damage in right eye, which may be nothing, or could be early sign of glaucoma. Said not to worry, he will keep an eye on it. My near sight is worse, far sight is better.

Hubby just showed me his glucose level, it's 65, he is feeling bad, need to see what is going on.

Tejas
12-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Pam, I'll be retested in 3 months. I am a member of a listserv of international drug researchers and I'm reading a lot about statins and women right now. You know, we are not well researched, and there's no excuse for it.

I hope things improve for you and your DH.

I just read a study saying that deaths from automobile accidents has now been surpassed by deaths from the misuse of prescription pain medication. Honestly, people are NUTS! :yes:

That aside, i'm looking forward to the new year and I hope you all are too.

sloanie
12-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Rhonda, I'm glad you are doing research for yourself. With your background in healthcare, I know you are well aware of the differences in the expertise of physicians. It is always best to self advocate. 2 1/2 years ago, I saw a surgeon about my hip who basically laughed at me regarding my hip pain. I left his office feeling very defeated. Last week, the physician I saw looked at my x-ray, did two quick evaluations of my hip, and told me what is wrong with me. He even said this has been going on for years, duh! I wanted to go back to the first doc and punch him in the nose. Missing the diagnosis was bad enough, but his treatment of me was inexcusable. As a nurse, I have always preached that we are the consumer, the doc is just a provider, and if we aren't happy with the service, we should seek other opinions. I am really mad at myself for not seeking help sooner. All that to say: you go girl! Keep reading and asking lots of questions until you are satisfied.

ontarget
12-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Pam, I hope you and your hubby are feeling better.

Rhonda, let us know if you find out something on the statin drugs. Curtis can't take them. He says they make him weird. I take Lipitor daily and haven't noticed any problems.

I go on Medicare tomorrow. Never knew I'd be excited about that. :lol:

We're going to a funeral this morning for a 99 yo lady. I taught several of her grandchildren and know her children as well. We may go to the river to fish this afternoon since it's supposed to be mid-70's today.

Ya'll have a terrific end of 2011.

Vickie
12-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I slept late and I feel wonderful. No PT or any appointments today; just dinner with my honey and some movies and maybe popcorn later. We always stay up until midnight on NYE. That's not that late for us anyway, since we are almost always up until 11 or 11:30 every night.

Rhonda, I'm THRILLED that you don't have RA! I hope you get to the bottom of what IS going on so that you can get some pain relief.

Sloan, I'm glad you share. I'm a great advocate for myself, much to some Doctor's dismay! I'm trying to get my husband to be better at it for himself and for me when I'm unable. What will they do for your hip?

Sandra, our weather is warmish for us at this time of year and we've only had 1.5 inches of snow so far. I'll take it.....but mid 70's would be awesome! Have fun later today if you go fishing. Sorry you have to go to a funeral. Not a fun way to end the year. Still and all, she had a nice long life.

Pam, I have taken drops for my eyes for over 10 years now because of high pressure. It's a small price to pay to avoid nerve damage. I'm surprised your Doctor is not more concerned about the damage he's seeing. Mine is always happy to tell me that he's glad we caught mine early because there is no damage. Just curious.

Nancy, how's the SBD going?

Jim got on the treadmill today. He was having a hard time getting his blood sugar numbers down. Wish I could walk.

No Mary Ann today?

I need to spend tomorrow trying to put everything away in my MBR. They did the punch list yesterday and I'm happy with nearly everything. Two things aren't perfect but I don't think anyone would even notice if they looked hard. I need new towels.....the old ones don't look right even though I have the same color in there as before and I need to hang the pictures.

Gotta go shower!

Happy Almost New Year!!!

beach bum
12-31-2011, 02:16 PM
GOOD MORNING AND A HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE LADIES:)

Woke up late as I had a bout with my hip and had to get out of bed to get the stiffness out. Now I see its almost time for dinner but I just eat breakfast so its going to be a strange NYE for me. Going to was my sheets & towels today,and get the house straightened up just in case I have visitors. Tomorrow after brunch we are going to see Mission Impossible Movie.

VICKIE-Sorry, I didn't post yesterday I had lots to do,Went out early to get my meds and some vitamins before walmarts got crowded.
Now I have a few minutes before my dinner is done. This afternoon I have laundry to do,and get my baking & food pantry cleaned out.

PAM-I don't know if I will be up for the ball to drop either. I think Dick Clark as this show on ABC. I'm just going to have popcorn and eggnog if I stay up.

SANDRA-My movie buddy Mary took her grandson to see We Bought a Zoo,and he was disappointed as he thought there 're more animals than what he saw.

Have to go,and start my dinner

HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR,AND I'LL SEE YOU GUYS NEXT YEAR

Have a great day

ontarget
12-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Vickie, I'll bet your new bathroom is gorgeous. Are you posting pictures on FB yet?

Maryann, I am not positive I'm taking the grands to see it Monday. It may be a little deep for the 9 yo.

We opted not to go fishing. I've been putzing around in the yard. Curtis is riding the mower. We're just enjoying the afternoon. This morning's service was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady and her family.

I peeked at the scales this morning but will have my New Year's WI tomorrow. Looks like I will have maintained since I began that Christmas challenge even though I started out losing. Oh, well, life goes on. (I'll be happy even if I just see a 1 pound loss and I won't be upset if I have that maintain. It was during the holidays.) Again.......life goes on.

pam920
12-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Happy New Years eve chicks.

Sandra, sorry you had to end the year with a funeral, but 99 is a very full life. We have a beautiful day here too. It's still 75 out and almost 5:30.

Maryann, hope your hip isn't going to act up again. Enjoy your eggnog.

Vickie, we want pictures. The eye dr in KY quit taking our insurance, so I made an appt here in Florida. First time seeing him, so he has no history with me. He says it's not bad right now, and he will keep an eye on it. My insurance covers glasses every 2 yrs and exams every year, so I'll see him again next year. No other dr has mentioned this to me, so not sure if it's new or something pre-existing.

Tejas
12-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh yes, Sloan, I do research things as much as possible. But, as "consumers" we're at a serious disadvantage in terms of knowledge base and having access to information that can be trusted. At the same time, we do have to ask lots and lots of questions. And, I do. Regrettably though it is like a foreign language at times; you can learn to ask questions but understanding the answer can be difficult!

We're having spaghetti tonight, saving the ham and black-eyed peas for tomorrow.

ontarget
12-31-2011, 06:51 PM
We're having Jumpin' John tomorrow along with polenta corn pones. Would you believe CORE?

Tejas
12-31-2011, 09:26 PM
:hungry: