Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #1  

Default what are the biggest obsticals

one of my biggest obsticals is the abundance of junk food that are in my familys house. It dosent help at all.. what are some of your challenges.
gel777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Looking at the damage I've already done to my body and knowing it will never be like it once was. Speaking about stretch marks. I'm hoping they will be hardly noticeable, but we will see.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Eating out.

Eating out is such a social event that it takes so much extra thought and effort to stay on track.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I ditto eating out. In fact, it is eating anywhere but my own home that throws me off. I am more disciplined here. When I do go out I have to talk to myself on the way to the resturant. A pep talk of sorts. Reminding myself just how much better I am going to feel not reaching into the bread basket and ordering a grilled chicken salad. This year I purposely cut my holiday trip short to limit the number of days I was going to eat off plan. It's sad I have to do this and I'm hoping the anxiety I feel not being at home lessons over time.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Eating out and having access to sweets at home. I work with basically an unlimited supply of free junk food but have no problem staying on track at the office - it's when I'm tired and it's 11 pm and there are cookies around when I get nervous and do regrettable things.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

My biggest obstacle is myself and my attitude. Eating out and junk food are definitely a part of that, but if I could concur my issues then I believe that those areas wouldn't be as much of a big deal. But I'm a self-sabotoger and that is my biggest hindrance to the weight loss game.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 135/131/110

Height: Five ft 1 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I ditto eating out. In fact, it is eating anywhere but my own home that throws me off. I am more disciplined here. When I do go out I have to talk to myself on the way to the resturant. A pep talk of sorts. Reminding myself just how much better I am going to feel not reaching into the bread basket and ordering a grilled chicken salad. This year I purposely cut my holiday trip short to limit the number of days I was going to eat off plan. It's sad I have to do this and I'm hoping the anxiety I feel not being at home lessons over time.

Your not alone! Most dieters have the same issues. I can eat like a bunny at home. When I'm out the bunny turns into a piggy lol.
jujubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #8  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

My biggest obstacle is stopping once I start. I'm fine, until the flood gates open. That's why the six small meals a day, that works so well with many, doesn't work for me at all. I'm far better off holding off until I'm actually hungry and then I am truly satisfied when I do eat.

I found this week, because I didn't snack on the first cookie, it didn't lead to the next (this from a "where did that row of Oreos go?" person). I did enjoy some desserts, but I was intentional in my choices and I really enjoyed them!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Late night snacking!!!! I'm obsessed with eating something sweet while I watch my favorite TV shows. I tried the whole "not eat anything after 6pm" plan but I always wanted a snack after dinner. So instead of cutting out my snack I turned the bowl of ice cream into a bowl of fruit salad and so far it seems to be working great :-)
Ange120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Mine is definitely the floodgate thing. I either do really good or really bad. Also...feeling like one bad choice or overeating just a little bit equals me being a failure. That just leads me down a bad path.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #11  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Yep, the floodgates thingie.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote