Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 12/25

Diana3271
12-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
12-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Merry Christmas, Everyone! I hope you have a wonderful day that's filled with love and joy. I hope your New Year is filled with Blessings, good health, and happiness. Thank you so much for being a part of this journey with me. :grouphug:

Italiannie
12-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!
The Lord Bless you and Keep you, The Lord make his face shine upon you and grant you peace.

Current weight 193.8 - up .2 from yesterday - not too bad for Christmas Eve
Goal 189.9 by New Years

qtkitty
12-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Merry Christmas!!! Off to watch wrapping paper be shredded. DD has been waiting paciently. *lol* My mom went down to turn on the tree and get a breakfast caserole in the oven. YUM!!! I Hope you all have a good day and safe travels !!

Weight 12/19 ~397.2
This mornings weight 393.6

A loss of 3.6lb last week ... YAY!!

SMess
12-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Happy holidays to those who celebrate!

I'm holding at 222, hopefully I can keep it together today. :dizzy: The family wanted to try something different from the traditional dinner, so instead we're just making tons of hors d'oevres and letting people wander around and pick all afternoon. For me, this is a nightmare! Grazing is how I got to where I was. But, I'm thinking of it as the ultimate challenge... I'm excited to see how I do. Bring it on! :lifter:

I hope everyone has a lovely day!
:clause::han:

Misti in Seattle
12-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone. May God grant each of you His richest blessings in 2012!

Enjoyed a wonderful candlelight service at church last night; the service this morning is a duplicate so I will stay home today. We wanted to have both as some people could come one time or the other, and especially to make it convenient for all our guests.

Diana, good for you for staying on plan. You are doing great. Oh and I found the berry MetroMint water yesterday... love it!!

Italiannie, congrats on making it successfully through Christmas Eve. Way to go.

Kitty, breakast casserole... mmmmmm sounds yummy! I love those.

Smess, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the hors d'oevres grazing would be hard for me, too! But you can do it!!! Just remember, you only want to eat it; you don't want to wear it! :)

I was really happy this morning as I have been "ready" to go down another pound for a couple days and know I have earned it. I was SO wanting it to be gone for Christmas and yayayyyyyyyyyyyyayaaaaaaaaaaaaay jumped on the scale this morning and there it was not! So I got a new mini ticker for Christmas!!

qtkitty
12-26-2011, 01:07 AM
I was way to tired this morning... and by this afternoon felt horrible muscles and joints hurt like flu even after 2 alieve. I am not sure if I am getting sick or this is the effect from being up til 4 am 2 nights in a row. I am going to get in bed and see how I feel tommorrow.

Breakfast
Homemade Coffee Drink (OMG I sooooo needed this this morning my butt was dragging at 8 am )
1 scoop level Big Train Mocha 190
1/2 oz Ferro Tiramisu 40
1 c Coffee 2
Sub Total 232

Lunch(Brunch and Lunch)
2 servings Ham-and-Cheese Croissant Casserole 944 ( OMG!!! )
SubTotal 944

Dinner
4 oz pork 130
1/2c Green Beans 20
1/4c Beets 18
1/2c Betty crocker scalloped potato 97
SubTotal 265

Snack
Cheese cake 800

Daily Total 2241 ( Ouch )

7 day average calories 1509 ( hey makes me feel better)

Daily Water Intake 70oz

Misti~ Uhm ... maybe not this casserole as is ... Yipes should have calculated before I ate ... although I ate the 2 servings hours apart so it was like 2 meals.
Next time I think I will make it with a few alterations and see how it tastes.

Ham-and-Cheese Croissant Casserole
6 servings
Original/ Altered
3 (5-inch) large croissants 816 ( croissants make the recipe and are a main bulk element)
1 (8-oz.) package chopped cooked ham 370/ reduce by 1/3 247
1 (5-oz.) package shredded Swiss cheese 760/reduce by 1/3 506 or reduced fat 480
6 large eggs 444 / 1 1/2c Egg beaters 180
1 cup half-and-half 315/ 1 c whole milk ( creamier )150
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons honey 128
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)

Aprox Calories Total 2833/2027
Per Serving 472/337
Small Changes Reduced Calories by 134 calories

( Ham-and-Cheese Croissant Casserole recipe obtained from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/ham-and-cheese-croissant-casserole-10000001932539/ )

Italiannie
12-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Current weight 194.8 - up .8 from yesterday
New Year's Goal: 189.9
I'm up a total of 1 pound for the holiday weekend. I'm pretty happy with that. I do think the lbs will be down tomorrow as I pump water and watch my food intake today. Going to have to be very serious to reach my New Year's Goal. All in all, though I'm down 4 pounds over the last couple of weeks. Because I usually gain at least 4 during the holidays, I'm thrilled. This week shouldn't have quite as many challenges.

We had a great day. My two sons (17 and 19) said they really enjoyed it - praise from boys that age! I kept it simple this year and really enjoyed the house full of people. Wonderful church service. Blessings upon blessings!

Looking to hear how everyone else's holiday was.

mamakat
12-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Monday Morning WI 209.4. I gained 2lbs since last Monday...and this is why I should not eat gluten. My tummy is stark raving mad. I am having digestive issues and have not gone potty since Thursday :( Well things can only get better :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone.

Moondance
12-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Happy Monday!

It was a nice, relatively calm holiday at our house. Unfortunately I ate more than I should have Fri & Sat (not to mention 5 glasses of champagne! :cheers:), then had way too much salt-laden things yesterday. As a result, my WI this morning showed 192!!!! Holy Cow...I hope this is mostly water weight! :yikes: The interesting thing (for me anyway) is that I'm not freaking about this. Yes, I'm disappointed and intend to get right back on track. But I also acknowledge that these days will happen throughout the year. It could have been much worse...I passed up dessert Christmas Eve, I quit eating the baked brie and artichoke dip way sooner than I would have before. I had seconds on veggies and potatos, not bread etc. So in a way, it was still a NSV for me. I'm learning my triggers and habits so next time I can anticipate my behaviors and make plans. :)

Mamakat: Hope things start moving soon for you! :spin:

Italiannie: Congrats on the low gain. It certainly is a challenge this time of year! And congrats on the praise from your teens...a true victory! :yes:

qtkitty: Hope you're feeling better this morning and not really coming down with something. The casserole recipe sounds yummy! :drool:

Misti: WTG on the one pound down! Your Christmas sounds lovely. So glad you enjoyed it! :flow1:

SMess: Hope you were able to take what you wanted and walk away from the food. It sems like it would be a two-sided thing. On the one hand, it's easy to overeat, stopping too many times, losing track of what goes in your mouth. On the other hand, you can load your plate at "meal time" with as much or as little as you want, and then leave it alone. You can take smaller portions overall, which keeps the calorie count down. Hope you were successful and had a nice day! :flow2:

Diana: Thanks for the good wishes. I wish all the same right back to you. And thank YOU for being a part of my journey. You're truly an inspiration! :hug:

Hi to everyone else! :wave: If you stumbled a little over the last few days...Stop, take a minute to regain your footing, and start off again. If you stayed OP...Congrats! Take that strength and file it away for some future time when you may struggle. Either way...look ahead at all the success coming your way! :high:

berryblondeboys
12-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Hope everyone has been having a great holiday weekend. I'm utterly exhausted and doing nothing today. Weight is sky high, but it's temporary. I'm enjoying ebholidays and will worry aboutnthe holiday weight gain next week when it's all over. Being indulgent for 2 weeks a year is just going to have to be ok. No wind New Year's resolutions are so popular.... We feel so guilty after being so indulgent!

qtkitty
12-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Moondance~ definately yummy.. just omg calorie city *lol* I still feel a little yucky but I definately feel better than yesterday. And definately went to bed earlier and slept in and took a nap today with dd *lol*

qtkitty
12-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Morning Weight 394.0lbs

Breakfast/Lunch
1 servings Ham-and-Cheese Croissant Casserole 472
3 cheese and onion perogie 160
SubTotal 632

Snack
Navel Orange 80
Croissant 272
SubTotal 352

Dinner
Ham 139
1/2 Sweet potatoes 120
1c Steamed Brocilli 30
Lemon Dessert 200
SubTotal 489

Daily Total 1473

Daily Water Intake 60oz

Italiannie
12-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone! It's quiet here today. I'm assuming you are all getting back to the real world. Well, I took off the little over 1 lb from Christmas eating. Hoping to get under that next 10lb mark for New Years. Have a few to go. We'l see.
Hope everyone is back on plan!

Yesterday 194.8
Today 193.4 (-1.2)
New Year's Goal Under 190
Valentine Goal Under 180

mamakat
12-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

I saw an 80lbs loss on the scale later in the day. So I made DS grab his camera and meet me out of the deck. Wow, what a difference. We took several shots, the best one was without the wig, go figure. So I posted on Facebook for DH and everyone to see my next 10lbs. I was 207 in the morning, so wondering what tomorrow will bring.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Hanukkah. I had a wonderful teenage day (all my gifts were teenage appropriate.:lol: except for my document shredder which I didn't really need). I hope Santa treated everyone wonderfully.

Have a great night everyone.

qtkitty
12-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Morning weight 391.4lbs ( yeah I tried it several times because I did not believe it ;))

Breackfast
McD Fruit & Maple Oatmeal 290 [I just got to say I make better Oatmeal *lol* I really dislike instant oats]
Gum 4
SubTotal 294

Lunch
Subway Cold Cut Combo (Flat bread, spinach, tomatoe, cucumber, sweet peppers, green pepper, brown mustard) 435 [$2 6 inch cold cut or meatball marinara at Subway in the month of December... Do you know how many calories are in a meatball marinara? OMG ..but I decided I do not like the Cold cuts from Subway to mushy]
Gum 8
SubTotal 443

Dinner
4 oz Porkloin 154
1/2 c Green beans 40
Med Yukon Gold Potato 110
2tbsp Sour cream 60
Homemade Truffle 70
SubTotal 434

Total 1171

Water Intake 60oz

mamakat~ CONGRATULATIONS!!:dancer:

ItsMyTurn
12-28-2011, 06:19 AM
qt - great job!

mamakat - Looks like your temporary gain left you and took some friends, great job!!!! Onederland is so close!

Diana - Hi! How are ya? I wouldn't worry about your scale, you do so well staying on plan :D

Everyone else - Hope you had a great holiday!!!

As for me, didn't get on the scale this past Sunday. I have been slammed busy, which also means lack of sleep, coming off TOM, plus my DH made ham for our Christmas meal - sodium anybody? So figured best to start fresh this coming Sunday and see my starting point then. Still on the super busy trail and hoping that soon I will see a light at the end of the tunnel.. for now, grabbing all the work and odd jobs I can until DH gets another job :) For the record though, this is not good for my work-a-holic tendencies.. getting me into a routine I am hoping I can stop when able to/should. Other than that, have gone off plan a bit and allowed indulgences... sure the cravings are related to being off routine and over tired though. Going to have to come back off the bad stuff now and hope the cravings don't get too harsh on me - those cravings can be like monsters sometimes :lol: Have a great day all! Miss you all!

Incase you are peeking in: :wave: to Krystal and Kristiina!

berryblondeboys
12-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Morning everyone! Realllllly tired this morning. I was up too late and it's no one's fault but my own. TTOM started yesterday and I saw my super high gain on the scale: 183.8. Yep, almost 13 pounds in a week! Most of it is from all the carbs I've allowed these past days. It's incredible! Scale came down .8 this morning .8 probably from releasing some TTOM water weight gain, but time to start buckling down from the holiday feasting to get the rest of it off. I figure in real pounds of fat I gained 2-3. The rest will just need to work itself off as I get rid of the water weight from the carbs.

mamakat
12-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

It's so quiet right now. Last night we had huge winds, I loved how shook my bed like I was on a boat, but hated that the freezing wind came through the unused A/C, even after I put the cover on...brrrr.

I am not at my lowest, but the scale has been moving down since Monday, so I am very very pleased. The 80lbs came and gained, but I knew it was just late in the day weight anyway, so I'm not discouraged. It's not that far away and if I think hard enough, I know my body is there, it's just holding water at this hour and not the later hour. But I want to see the number in the morning before I start dancing :)

It's been quiet, I'm thinking some people went out of town. I know I was among a lot of travelers yesterday when trying to get to lovely New Haven, but since everyone was out of town, I got easy parking...bonus :) Also therapist said that my behavior towards household chores, is a normal reaction to my childhood and I shouldn't beat myself up for it. YES, I have an out, I will never cook again...thank you therapist :D

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day....oh and ItsMyTurn, have a hot cup of tea or coffee in a quiet spot today for at least 5 mins. DO NOT think about work or other things. Think of calming soothing things that will only relax you. THEN get back to work :D Have a great day!

Italiannie
12-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Everyone!
It looks like many of us are struggling with the challenges of the holidays. For me to look at this group, as a newbie, and to see how far all of you have come, I'm in awe!

Worked a 13 hour day yesterday, thinking today may be quiet. Deciding when to take down the Christmas decorations.

Yesterday 193.4
Today 192.8 (-.6)
New Year's Goal Under 190 - not looking likely, but I'm going to work very hard on it.
Valentine Goal Under 180

Moondance
12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Happy Wednesday!

Looks like I missed yesterday. Busy working on the house and then doing a little shopping with my BFF while our kids went ice skating. Luckily the scale went down a couple pounds from my holiday high. It's these darn sweets and salty treats. I guess I'm just going to have to throw them away becasue I can't keep out of them if they're in the house. I'm trying not to get too upset about the holiday gain. But it feels like such an setback when I worked so hard to get the pounds off to begin with. I can't decide if the food and drink was worth it and how to deal with the negative self-talk.:(

Mamakat: Congrats on the milestone loss! :yay: Nice work, especially over the holidays. Yea for the easy parking! I would give up cooking if I could, but then the family wouldn't eat anything but tacos, pizza, and spaghetti. :D

BBB: I feel for you on the gain. I hope yours comes off as quick as it went on. I'm struggling with negative talk regarding my gain. What are you tellling yourself? :?:

ItsMyTurn: Don't lose yourself in all the work and busy time. I agree with Mamakat--sit down and relax for a few minutes! :beach:

QTKitty: Nice job staying on plan! WTG!! :broc:

Italianne: Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work. :carrot:

Diana: Hi! Hope you're having a great day too! :coffee:

Hi to everyone else! Check in when you can. :wave:

berryblondeboys
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Moon dance I'm not beating myself about the weight gain. I know most of it is from water due to eating carbs. When I buckle down, I'll have a big whoosh As if I'm just starting the weight loss journey again. Some of it will be fat and that's ok. This is life and gaining a few pounds around the holidays is normal. What's not normal is just ignoring the weight gain and not doing something about it. So, I know that I'll have to buckle down and get the weight back off. And, I'll probably have to do that for every January and February for the rarest of my life and that's ok. To me it was worth it to indulge for a couple weeks. One year of being good 99.9% of the time is fabulous. Letting loose for a few days isn't undoing all my hard work. It,s life and I refuse to live life without the joy of food too.

So, no, I'm not beating myself up or being made at myself. I know I will and can get it back together within a few days.

SMess
12-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Happy hump day!

I've been very bad this week :frypan: I haven't done a workout since Saturday, and I've been avoiding the scale as a result. I haven't been reliably tracking my calories, and I've found myself sneaking more than a few small treats here and there. I've managed to stay away from all the major no-nos (except for two cans of Pepsi yesterday), so at least there's that. I knew I had to bite the bullet and get on the scale this morning, and I was NOT looking forward to it.

So, I got on the scale and it said.... 219.4. What! I couldn't believe it. I weighed myself again, and sure enough, I'm below 220. :woohoo: I think a good part of it is losing water weight from TTOM being over, but holy cannoli! I was so caught off-guard. I've been dancing all over my house since then. 219 was my Jan. 1st goal, the first major goal I've set for myself since getting back on track. This means I'm only 10lbs away from being out of the obese BMI! I haven't been this weight since sophomore year of college 3 years ago. I've tried to lose a couple times since then, and I've never been able to get myself out of the plateau that I always hit in the 220s. I'm really proud of myself :)

moondance: I've been beating myself up a bit two the past few days. Not over xmas dinner (I think I handled that pretty well), but over the days since. I haven't worked out in three days! :o I just keep telling myself that whatever happens over the holidays, happens. I have to constantly remind myself that this kind of behavior is NOT something that happens every day, and letting lose a little once a year is a good thing. Just think about all the days that you were SUPER good about being on-plan and exercising, and think of this as the counterbalance to that. That logic doesn't always work, but sometimes it helps keep me from talking myself into giving up all together.

italienne: Wow, props on the long shift. Keep up the good work on your goal... even if you don't make in end, putting in a good last-ditch effort is something to be proud of in itself.

mamakat: :bravo: It's such a great feeling to hit those goals, especially during the holidays! We've had some crazy weather here, too. After the incredibly bland weather out in CA, I'm loving it!

berry: Wow, 13 pounds! I remember one month I had a 15 lb increase... I just started cracking up. I told my friend about it, and all she said was, 'That's a lot of tastykakes.' I'd much rather have the bigger gain and KNOW it's water weight, than the 1-2 pound gains I get sometimes that make me think it's actual fat.

it'smyturn: Girl, I feel you on the workaholic thing. I get SO crazy whenever school is in session. I thought I'd taper off once I got to grad school, but now that I have students of my own I've discovered just how much passion I have for teaching. It's a great feeling to know I'm doing something I love, but I also know that I use that feeling to justify WAY too many hours lesson planning and such. I guess I'm lucky in that my cravings dissappear when I'm busy.... but then I get too tired to cook and just scarf a whole pizza by myself :dizzy:.

qtkitty: Congrats! :carrot: I weighed myself twice this morning too - I was so caught off-guard by it! I think that feeling is the best :D

Have a great day, everyone!

ArtyKay
12-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey all! Back from a brief holiday computer break. :) I'm ready for the holidays to be OVER!

I'm at 171 as of this morning...I hit 169.6 a few days ago, but Aunt Flo's in town. :( So I'm down 2 lbs from last monday at least!

I kinda took a maintenance break this week to survive the holiday season. I have a couple of 2000 cal days, and other 1400-1800 days. Its helped me not to binge. :) Back on track this week.

mamakat
12-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Good Evening,
I had a bit of an odd day today. As many of you know, I am afraid of the phone and just recently we have gone to cell only which means, I should know everyone who calls and should be comfortable with the call. Ha, today I received a call from someone who shouldn't be speaking to me, let alone calling me. It sort of threw me for a loop. After the call, which wasn't for me, but for my son, I felt a bit anxious. I wanted to sleep it off (total depressed funk), but decided to let the demon chase me instead :) I grabbed up my newest toy and went for a 5 mile walk.

I enjoyed myself immensely on the walk. I did my usual, danced when I felt like dancing and I sang when I felt like singing :) I was pleased with myself. I did not allow someone else the power to take away my cheer. That was a big step. I was a bit anxious even after coming home, talked to DH about it. He, too, is puzzled over the call as it's against all rules to speak to me. I have issues with rules, I hate them, but I also rely on them. So when something like this happens it sort of freaks me out...something to talk about with the therapist next week :lol:

Arty you sound as though you are in a good place. We all gain during the holidays but it's good to know we can lose it too. You got this!

SMess awesome! What a nice surprise for you. You are ringing in the New Year early...yay!

Moondance I'd definitely crash and burn if I had yummy snacks in the house. Especially when I forget to eat and I'm hungry, I go in search. I'm sure you will recover from the holiday. You know how you feel now, and how much you want it, plus you know how to get it. Good luck!

Italianne 13 hours? Holy cow. I hope you got some much needed rest!

Berry I think you're right. Life is supposed to be enjoyed otherwise whats the point? Enjoying doesn't mean overeating all the time though, because as you know it's not fun when you're overweight and sick. Two weeks is nothing, when this is a lifetime and you are doing wonderfully.

Well dinner has arrived. I hope you all have a wonderful night :)

Diana3271
12-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I couldn't get an internet connection where we are staying. I brought my laptop today. We are at a Starbuck's right now. We are having a fantastic time. I missed working out 2 days. One was due to travel and the other was yesterday. We we went on a tour of the Biltmore House. I was up at 5 AM and didn't get back to the house until Midnight. Just wasn't enough time in the day to workout. ;) I am up on the scale, though. I am picking and choosing my on/off plan days and doing the best I can. I will have some work to do when I get home. It's all good though. I am enjoying myself and I know what to do when I get home.

Enjoy the rest of your week and stay safe.

I will be back home on Saturday. Talk with you then.

Italiannie
12-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi Diana - My sister works at the Grove Park Inn. She's a massage therapist in their fabulous spa. It's quite something to see if you get the chance.

Mamakat - You're amazing. Great and positive reaction to being caught off guard.
Arty - Welcome back.
SMess- Congratulations! Don't think I'm going to make my NY goal, but still working on it.
Berry - Been there, done that, enjoy and move on (but you know that already)
qtkitty - Well done.
Itsmyturn - Enjoy the break!

I may be up a bit tomorrow. Had a lazy day, after yesterday's crazy day. Didn't over eat too much, but I find I'm usually two steps forward, one step back. Have a great evening everyone

K9Owner
12-28-2011, 09:13 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone
(of course I was peeking, Star :lol: )

Nothing new to report. I've had a good, bad, and miserable holiday.
More in store for the weekend, no doubt, especially since my bday is coming up! yaaa me (not)

qtkitty
12-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Morning Weight 390.9

Breakfast
Breakfast Sandwich 270
1 English Muffin 100
1/4 c Veg 20
1 Egg 70
2 slices Ham 20
1 slice Velveta Cheese 60 ( about 1/3 went all over the foil and I resisted to lick it off haha )40
Gum 8

Sub Total 278

Lunch
1 1/2 c Tuna Salad 318
10 Multigrain Wheat Thin 93 ( took 15 only needed 10 for crunch )

SubTotal 411

Dinner
Potato Soup 470
Homemade white bread rolls 280

SubTotal 650

Daily Total 1439

I was so stuffed from dinner. I so should not have eaten that much. Worse yet I asked for the potato soup. Came home to rolls in the oven too. Curses!! *lol* Just call me Ms.Piggy *lol* From now on I pledge only one bowl of potato soup... okay okay I will try very hard to resist the second bowl.

Thanks you guys for the cheers. I have been trying to do my best. I have yet to get a grumbly tummy and have been eating pretty much my regular stuff. I am afraid to get lower in calories since for my weight I should be eating waaaay more calorie wise, but unless I eat junk I don't and never have.

shishkeberry
12-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone! I hope you all had lovely holidays. I am still around, still kind of just barely holding on to maintenance. Sometimes making token efforts at rekindling my weight loss. *sigh* I know I keep complaining about this even though I said I wouldn't.

But I thought I'd poke my head in and say hello. DF and I are both still quit. I'm still losing and gaining the same five pounds so I guess I'm being successful at what I set out to do. Why does it bum me out so much then? :p

Italiannie
12-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Enjoying all of your posts. Have a great and healthy day. I'm trying to be very mindful over the next couple of days as we have another holiday weekend in front of us. Oh my goodness!

Yesterday 192.8
Today 192.6 (-.2)
New Year's Goal Under 190 - not looking likely, but I'm going to work very hard on it.
Valentine Goal Under 180

berryblondeboys
12-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Ok. Eating clean today TTOM is still here, but the evil hormones are subsiding which should make fighting the craving demons easier. Got to get back on track. It's been fun to let loose a bit, but enough is enough.

I reined things a wee but yesterday, but will do it completely today, I hope.

berryblondeboys
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
So far so good today. I've been up for 5 hours, have eaten nothing garbage and feel great.. No cravings. Consumed 450 for the day so far. It's looking like getting back on track will be easy enough. I hope!

qtkitty
12-29-2011, 01:48 PM
shishkeberry~ If you have not smoked and have not gained more than 5lbs your doing good !!!!

Melissa~ I have seem the TTOM around alot what in the world does that mean? *lol*

ArtyKay
12-29-2011, 02:04 PM
qtkitty- That Time Of the Month.

Speaking of...mine's kicking my butt. :( Day 2's always the worst for me. I just want to sit on the couch and watch crappy tv...but I need to power clean our house. We've got company coming into town this weekend. Not staying at OUR house this time (thank you God!) but I still want the house to be presentable. Its kind of a war zone at the moment. :lol:

170.4 today!!! (couldn't stick to my once a week only weigh in after getting my shiny new scale, lol) But I'm not changing my ticker til monday, lets see if it keeps going down...

berryblondeboys
12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Very proud of myself. Net carbs for today are 58. Calories are 1350 and I feel strong and great. I'll eat similarly tomorrow. On new years eve we are doing fondue. First cheese fondue with veggies and then chocolate fondue with fruits. I'll do my best to skip the chocolate fondue, right now that doesn't even sound appealing. After that, just one more christmas to go on the 7th. So, 3 more high calorie days - 31st, 6th and 7th. But I'm ready to gear up for the new year. I joined a bathing suit challenge. I want to get to 165 (160 would be beyond my wildest dreams) and to get very fit and look great this summer. I can do it!

qtkitty
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Morning Weigh In 389.8!!

Breakfast
1/2 dry oatmeal 150
1 c water 0 ( Yay for H2O)
1 drop each butter and vanilla extract
20 raisins 38
1/4c whole milk 38
Gum 8
SubTotal 234

Lunch
Subway Black Forest Ham 6 inch on 9 grain Wheat ( SpinachX2, Tomato, Cucumber, Sweet Peppers, Green Peppers, Brown Mustard ) 290
1 c. Grapes 62
Gum 8
SubTotal 360

Dinner
Potato Soup 470(all Gone YAY)
Homemade white bread rolls 280
SubTotal 650

Daily Total 1244

Daily Water Intake 60 ( this amount for now doesn't make my tummy feel like its a water bladder)

ArtyKay~ Ohhhhhhhh duh!! I hope you get it all done. And congrats on the visitors that are not sleeping over

Melissa~ chocolate can be passed.. me personally dark chocolate is tempting for me. My mom who knew I was going to try to loose weight gave me truffles for xmas. My aunt and uncle got me a large box of truffles. What a xmas * smacks my head * Normally I do not get food for xmas. * scratches my head*

ArtyKay
12-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm at 1171 for the day...a couple hundo of those are beer. :p Leaving a few hundred in case I get hungry later tonight...I'm going to TRY to stay up late since I work midnight shift tomorrow night.

qtkitty I feel a little guilty about being so relieved that nobody's staying at our place. :p but our house is SO small...and we have 2 big dogs, one of which is a lab...there just isn't room for guests. And I'm an awful hostess! :lol:

Eggghhh, I only got the living room done. But I super duper deep cleaned it. Bathroom and kitchen are on the map for tomorrow, and I'll just shut the doors to the two bedrooms. :lol:

berryblondeboys
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Morning Weigh In 389.8!!

Melissa~ chocolate can be passed.. me personally dark chocolate is tempting for me. My mom who knew I was going to try to lose weight gave me truffles for xmas. My aunt and uncle got me a large box of truffles. What a xmas * smacks my head * Normally I do not get food for xmas. * scratches my head*

Good weigh in!

Fortunately for me, I don't like chocolate very much, so I usually can pass it by. What has killed me this half of the month have been cookies. I didn't realize how it was nearly impossible to be around them and not eat them.

I did great today despite there being linzer cookies, marzipan, gingerbread cookies and tiramisu all under my nose all day. Plus, of course, all the stocking chocolates. I think I've had enough of it all and felt I had a gat break from being so persistent, but now I'm missing that now normal to me eating.

Today I ate:

Breakfast:

1 grapefruit
2 scrambled eggs

Snack:

Atkins chocolate chip cookie dough bar

Lunch:

Apple with cinnamon
3 tablespoons peanut butter

Dinner:

Brussels sprouts
Chicken paprikash

qtkitty
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM
ArtyKay~ So do not feel guilty .. i am sure it is more comfortable for both parties... i always feel uncomfortable at someone elses house even friends houses. Maybe thats just me.

Melissa~ Thank You... One of my friends online who knew I was trying to loose weight set me a goal on Friday or saturday to get to 389 by the end of January so told them it would not take that long hahaha.

I am around food and have it offered to me alot.. I have been doing pretty good at passing it up. Right now it seems I am eating a little carby by looking back, but I am loosing quickly. So if I plateau then I may change the configuration.

Ohhh and ran the numbers on the recipe my mom used for the potato soup and found that my estimate of 661 was high ...191 calories over what the real calories were. Although if she would just leave out the half stick of butter it would save 50 calories a bowl!!!

Italiannie
12-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Wow, you guys are doing great. You know what's encouraging is that so many of you are really looking forward to the post holidays - when it's easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle. That is so telling as to why you have had such success.

Yesterday I was absolutely ravenous for the first time in weeks. I actually stayed OP. Then later I came down with wicked cold symptoms, so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it. I did pump lots of water throughout the day. Well, I hope we're supposed to starve a cold, because that's what I felt like. LOL!

Yesterday 192.2
Today 192.2 (-.4)

New Year's Goal 189.9 - This clearly will not be happening!
Valentine Goal: Under 180
Long Term Goal 147

Have a great day everyone!

KaylaChristine
12-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Morning everyone! I hope everyone has been doing great! I haven't been posting much, but I lurk everyday :)

My scale is broken so I don't know my weight, but I think I'm okay with that. I've been exercising in attempt to build some muscle and I feel much stronger! Also, I have lost another inch on my waist, so that's great! Now only if my tummy would just catch up :D

mamakat
12-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well I had my first cookie temptation in who knows how long. I usually don't see the kids eating their sweets and I bought them for tonight as a gift, but DS was lurking in the kitchen looking for a fix (and yes, with him it is a fix). So I gave him his tin early. He opened it up and they looked really sugary sweet. I picked one up and his eyes nearly popped out of his head! I said, "what, I was just going to smell." That's what I did then put it back and ran away :lol: That was close. I'm still recovery from stupid McDonalds!

Kayla congrats on the inch lost, I need to do that, I haven't for months, but I know I've lost some as I'm roaming around in my daughter's pants now :D

Italianne I hope your cold goes quickly. Maybe your body knows more than you do. No one is hungry when they're sick, but how else can the body fight if it doesn't have energy, right? So you were prepared a day ahead. Get some rest. :)

qtkitty potato soup is a favorite of mine, I miss it. So wonderful it was lower in cals...that takes any kind of guilt away. You can have another bowl! I find it weird and a bit devious when people start giving me something they didn't used to give. I know it's just being nice, but couldn't the niceness be something else? Heck, a gift certificate for the same price is better than looking at something I can't enjoy. You could always re-gift :D

The sun is brightly shining over the Long Island Sound and it looks so inviting. But all my muscles are revolting so I know it's super cold outside. I might try the bike today...even a slow ride on the recumbent is better than nothing. We'll see. When it's this achy, I just lay around and complain. I'm doing my best not to take any pain meds. I realize it doesn't just go away like other sore muscles, but I hate taking meds all the time. I can do this, I know I can. Both hands are weak so I haven't done much writing or typing in two days and I miss it. I need a masseuse :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day....and best wishes for the New Year!

K9Owner
12-30-2011, 10:54 AM
For my birthday weigh in, guess what I got??
If you guessed: "Plateau"
You are RIGHT! :carrot:

Hovering 148.8

Geaux Me ;)

ArtyKay
12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
K9Owner You're not alone...I'm hovering at 171, have been for over a week now. :( I know that its probably mainly due to TOM, but still...its frustrating.

I guess I should just be happy I didn't gain anything over the holidays, but ugh.

I've been around 1400 give or take 50 calories every day except Christmas day, and NOTHING! Grrr....this is what happens when I don't exercise, I guess.

mamakat woohoooo, good job with the cookies!!!

berryblondeboys
12-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Day two of being back on plan and I did BodyStep for the first time in ages. It feels good to be getting back to it, but it was also nice to have a breather from it all.

berryblondeboys
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Day two of being on plan and all is going well. Even got a BodyStep class in. Time to take off the holiday lbs. I'll be very curious to see how many come off quickly or am I truly a freak of nature who can gain 13 pounds in a week of eating about 2100 a day?

Oops sorry for the double post... My computer doesn't like 3fc very much and I thought I lost the post as has happened so many times.

Kede
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi Good people. I'm new to 3FC. I had to join this group, because, well it's about accountability and that's what I need. I don't currently calorie count, but let's just say this good ole week , I had fun enjoying the holidays :-). I worked out the 27th, 28th and today. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/ Holiday. Please let me know if I'm not doing the post correctly.

See you on the forum,
Kede :-)

qtkitty
12-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Kede~ Welcome !! It doesn't matter how you keep track of your food your welcome here. woohoo for working out.

Curious what are you doing food wise?

berryblondeboys
12-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Welcome Kede! The leader of this thread Diana3271 is outnof town, but she is a gat support as others. It's jus been a little slow with the holidays.

qtkitty
12-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Morning Weigh in 391.1 :(

Breakfast
English Muffin 100
Egg 70
1/2 slice provalone 30
1 slice bacon 20
Gum 8
Sub Total 228

Lunch
Subway Black Forest Ham 6 inch on 9 grain Wheat ( SpinachX2, Tomatoe, Cucumber, Sweet Peppers, Green Peppers, Brown Mustard ) 290
Orange 80
Gum 8
SubTotal 360

Dinner
4 oz ham 154
1 c. Jasmine rice 205
1/2 c. carrots 35
1/4 c. green beans 20
1 teaspoon philidelphia italian cooking cream 28
1 Chocolate Truffle 75
SubTotal 517

Total 1105

Ahhh I do love surprising people... * snickers * I had to get 5 gallon water bottles from our storage area today (went to fill up my cup and got the last 8 oz of water out of 2 water coolers DOLP.. Talk about luck of the draw) I had a male co worker say "Oh let me help you with that" *rme* I lifted 2 water bottles one in each hand and off I went. He blinked at me a few times and said alrighty and picked up one *lol* I am WOMAN hear me ROAR ... bwahahaha. Each of the bottles are 40lbs a peice and I can lift it doing a curl ( hense why I say the 8lb weights I have are just to light even when I hold both in the same hand )

berryblondeboys~ My goodness how many miles do you go a day... your ticker just keeps going up and up!! WOW

ArtyKay
12-31-2011, 05:17 AM
*sigh* Had the first of two family dinners tonight...Tomorrow is my husband's family reunion/Christmas celebration. I only went to 1955, which isn't too bad...especially since I overestimated on the calories, I think. Hard to know, everything was homemade so I have no idea...

Egh, at least I worked out today. Plleeeeaase 2012, hurry up and get here!!!

Today was tough...seeing a bunch of family and being around a family member's baby all night was rougher on me than I thought it would be. I'm just emotionally drained...tomorrow should be interesting. I'm working a midnight-8 shift and the family function starts at noon...I'm debating whether to just stay awake when I get home, or take a short nap. hhmmmmm...

mamakat
12-31-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm being accountable...I've been up since 4 am with tremors :( And dingy mind thought eating would help so I've been eating since 4am. The worst of it, I ate 2 bowls of raisin bran. Blah so much for getting clean. I'm wiped out and still shaking like mad. My heart rate is elevated as well...it's like a very long anxiety/panic attack and its wearing me out. Anyway, wanted to admit I fell off the wagon. Yes, I can probably fix it where the rest of the day I meet my calories, but no matter what I had gluten and carbs and THAT IS NOT GOOD.

Today is the last day of the year...I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. Happy New Year!!!

ArtyKay
12-31-2011, 09:33 AM
mamakat :hug: NSV for being accountable, IMO! I hope you get to feeling better...and don't forget...you've lost 74 lbs. This little blip can't take that away from you.

berryblondeboys
12-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Ah Mamakat.... Any idea what is causing the tremors? That would stink! And I totally get the carb thing.... But, you can get clean again. It is just so hard when you aren't feeling well. Hugs to you. Yep.... I would give you one and I'm not a huggy person and you aren't a hug receiving type person either, but cyber hugs feel safer!

berryblondeboys
12-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Down another little bit today. This is going to take time, but that is ok.... Dropped my goal weight to 160 last night too... Glutton for punishment I guess. I'll laugh if I actually drop it eventually to 155 as when I started here (again) I was at 255.6 and thought no way could I be classified as a 100 pound plus loser... And yet... That might be the case. We will see.

I am super, duper sore this morning from the workout yesterday. I'm taking it easier today with brisk walks instead of stepping and weights.

Larry H
12-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi Everyone!!

I have been trying for weeks without success to post here.

Every time I try the 3FC web page crashes and I get the following message.

"AW SNAP The Web page you were viewing crashed"

The satellite internet access that I use has slowed to a crawl.
I think it is because of the increased activity by all the school kids that are on break.

It is very frustrating.

Larry,

mamakat
12-31-2011, 02:41 PM
DH and I tried to burn some calories off. I couldn't make it so we had to turn back. I did get 3.9 miles in and burned 431 calories, so I think that's good. I have no idea whats going on, but I'm trying to stay positive. DH said we'll see how things go, if it gets too bad it's off to the hospital...I haven't been in a whole year! I was hospital free for all of 2011. I'm going to try my best to stay away another year. :D That's actually amazing for me :lol:

I hope you all have a great day.

qtkitty
12-31-2011, 03:42 PM
mamakit~ I hope you are doing okay... I do not know your back story, but hospitals are never a good place. Definately keep breathing and trying to relax or do something that is relaxing to you. I do that often purposefully redirect my mind onto something else. It seems to help for a lot of different applications.. including not being able to get to sleep *lol* one of my personal struggles.

Kede
12-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome qtkitty and berryblondeboys. I haven't worked out today, but hopefully later I will have posted it. Had a morning out, getting the haired dyed, again, lol and getting my eyebrows waxed. I popped up earlier this pm, but company dropped by and didn't get a chance to post to all the boards. Anywho, I hope everyone has a wonderful news years eve.

To answer your question qtkitty, i eat reg. food. I don't eat fast food, unless it is subway. When I'm at work it is usually cereal/muffin or something for breakfast, something light in the schools cafeteria for lunch or a sandwich/fruit/occasional baked chips and eat out or salads for dinner.(made from scratch not pre brought). I drink water with each of these meals, and fruit juice ocasionally. Soda is rare, but every now an then I treat myself to a ginger ale. I hope this helps. Oh, I also take a multivitamen and recently started taking cinnamon.

Diana3271
12-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I'm back home! Now I need to get everything washed and put back up. I will check back in tomorrow with the new thread for the week. I am up on the scale. :yikes: I enjoyed myself, though. I will be back on plan tomorrow and looking forward to it.

qtkitty
12-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Morning Weight 389.8

Breakfast
1 egg 70
3 egg whites 51
1/8 c whole milk 19
1 slice provalone cheese 60
1 Tbsp Sour cream 30

Sub Total 230

Lunch
Chicken pot pie 543

Sub Total 543

Dinner
4 oz chicken tenders 110
1c Steamed brocili 30
1/4c Beets 18
1/2 c Veg Salad (Julianed Baby Carrots, Celery, Sweet Onion, Balsalmic Vinager, fresh squeezed orange juice, EVOO, Garlic, pepper) aprox 40

Sub Total 198

Daily Total 971 .... Uhmmmmmmmm I am thinking that I need to go finish off that orange from dinner and maybe find something else. I am not hungary though Blah lovely.

Daily water 60oz plus

Played Wii Zumba for 37 minutes some tutorial and Zumba Party 20 minute beginner ( got 385 whatever that means *lol*) 5 minutes of that was dancing holding dd who is almost 50lbs( she wore herself out with in the first 20 minutes dancing like a wild child to the music and hitting the moves UHm some of the time).I had to hold the remote at my hip because he belt would not fit me ... so there is another goal get small enough for the zumba belt to fit. Next time I will have to remember to wear pants with pockets !!

Kede~ Wow .. your welcome... and congratulations on loosing 110 lbs that is awsome! I like getting subway to sort of my fall back plan for lunch, although I try to remember to bring some sort of fruit to eat with it.

qtkitty
12-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Diana3271~ welcome back

ArtyKay
01-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Ok...I'm done with family functions now! Finally got the last of the holiday parties under my belt (literally, ugh...ate a bit.). I decided today that I'm not going to count, but I'm not going to go crazy either. And i didn't! I just sampled a little bit of everything that looked good.

No idea what my calorie count for the day is, but I'm pretty sure I kept it around 2000 if not under. :D

berryblondeboys
01-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Happy new year everyone! Scale is up again this morning, but I was expecting it as we had a huge cheese and chocolate fondue dinner last night. At least it was full of veggies and fruit. Up 2.2.

Diana3271
01-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! Let's get this thing started! :carrot: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/249447-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-1-happy-new-year.html