100 lb. Club - Getting back into the swing of things

Raelynn
02-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Ever since Christmas, my motivation has been so low -- and I have decided to get it back. I want to be driven like I was for the 6 months before Christmas. I am starting to like me, and I have come too far to give up. So as of yesterday, I gave myself a swift kick in the butt and told myself to get it together. I had a good 4 point day yesterday, and I am going to have a 4 point week. I will reach my goal, and I will be so happy when I do. I can do this. :)

rochemist
02-17-2003, 11:07 AM
WE CAN DO THIS!

GO! GO! GO!

Miss Chris

Goddess Jessica
02-17-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm right there with you girl!

Even though I'm having dinner with friends this evening, I'm planning for it and I will do good today!

Sandi
02-17-2003, 01:49 PM
What a great attitude!! I know you can do this!! Look how far you have come. Won't it be great to see the a 1 instead of a 2!!

Let's all have 4 point weeks!! Do you see any stumbling blocks that you need to plan for to accomplish this?

SuchAPrettyFace
02-17-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Raelynn
I am starting to like me

We like you, too! We're in this together!

Raelynn
02-17-2003, 02:10 PM
You ladies are awesome, I am so glad that I found 3FC :)

I can't wait to see a 1, I haven't weighed under 200 since I was 15 years old. And I want to lose another 20 lbs before the summer, so I can wear shorts!

Stumbling blocks....how about EVERY single evening. I do so good during the day, then I start binging in the evenings. :( I don't know how to make myself stop half the time. I know I have the willpower to do this.

Charbar
02-17-2003, 02:34 PM
raelynn...

is your butt sore from the kick start you gave yourself ? :)

sometimes it's great to reflect to see how far you have come. your life has probably changed in so many ways - not just some #s on a scale.

Sandi
02-17-2003, 02:52 PM
do you have trigger foods in the house?

Raelynn
02-17-2003, 03:21 PM
LOL I should kick myself every day so I have a constant reminder lol ;)

My worst trigger food, believe it or not is cereal lol. I don't have any candy, cookies or any other sweets in the house -- I am very careful when I shop that I don't buy bad foods. Because I have been battling my ED at this same time, I know which foods seem to trigger the worst for me and I avoid them. I wish I had someone here that could supervise me LOL.

PNG 2
02-17-2003, 04:05 PM
What a great post to run into today... just a bit ago, I called my local TOPS chapter to see what I need... way easier on the wallet that WW, that's for sure... $20 yearly, which includes a magazine subscription, then $7.50 a month, for our local chapter, to buy the rewards and such....

I even asked if I'd be the only really big person there, and the group leader has 100 pounds to go, and there's 3 others that are my size... so maybe I'll be comfortable with them... gotta get myself going again too :)

gonzostar
02-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by PNG 2
Ever notice that stressed is desserts spelled backwards?

PNG -- that's a good one! and i LOVE your avatar!

yay for motivation! i was glad to read this because i've been super motivated this whole month but (shh, don't tell) it was starting to wane. i'd had a few emotional breakdowns.

but i am hanging in there. i WILL have this 4 point month!!

Goddess Jessica
02-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Raelynn, evenings are my very worst time and I, too, am a cereal killer. My favorite is Cap'n Crunch.

But I have a couple tricks for evening binging:

-Paint your fingernails. Start with a file and a buffer. Put two coats on and a top coat. I won't touch food for at least 3 hours because it would ruin my new pretty nails.

-Start an art project. I love making really great handmade cards for my family back home. I also love to do mobiles and my favorite (and messiest) paper mache. No food around the art! Are you kidding?!

-Find a computer game you love and really get into (for hours). Mine is Ceasar III. You build Rome. I'm addicted. I can't even eat when it's going on because my hands are too busy trying to rule the world! MUHAHAHAHA!!! Ahem....

-Finally, pick out some inspirational reading and keep it handy for those time when none of the above helps. "You Don't Have to Be Thin To Win." is one of my favorites.

snowball1
02-17-2003, 06:59 PM
I just want to say that I love every single lady on this board. :) This is an amazing thread & I am so glad I read it tonight. I know, just KNOW, that we can all reach our goals. We are definitely worth it.

Raelynn, cereal is a trigger food for me, too, so you're not alone. Everytime you want to eat it, just get on 3FC & read this post & know that you & your goals are much more important than a bowl (or 2 or 3, if you're like me! :) ) of cereal. I'm here for you, friend :)

Jennelle
02-17-2003, 09:45 PM
I have two words: Frosted Flakes. I can't even buy them anymore because I will eat the WHOLE box in one sitting!

gonzostar
02-17-2003, 09:52 PM
for me it's cinnamon toast crunch.

i had no idea there were others out there who would eat 3 bowls in one sitting! shoulda known you were all like me. :)

i used to get out big tupperware conatiners so i could have a HUGE bowl. it still sounds good to me.. which is the sick thing.

whew, feels good to get that out...

Raelynn
02-18-2003, 12:09 AM
My trigger cereal is Frosted Miniwheats...I'll admit I had like 3 bowls on saturday (big bowls lol). But I had a 4 point day today, which I am so proud of, cause I really wanted a peanut butter chocolate Blizzard from Dairy Queen.

You ladies are the best, I will look back on this thread when I need a boost.

rochemist
02-18-2003, 09:52 AM
The cereal thing is funny cause I will keep eating it if it has milk on it, but I can put 1 serving in a bowl dry and thats all I will eat. I like Honey Comb, its light and airy and good dry ;-) Plus eating it dry saves me 50-100 calories.

I don't know if you can eat Frosted Mini-wheats dry. But I thought it might help.

Have a beautiful day,
Chris

snowball1
02-18-2003, 10:07 AM
My trigger cereal? Grape Nuts. Doesn't sound too bad, because it's actually a fairly healthy cereal. HOWEVER, it is not healthy the way I eat it. :lol: First, it has to be a BIG bowl (a serving of that stuff is only like 1/4 C. or something insane like that). Then, the milk goes on. Then (it sounds disgusting, but really it's quite tasty!), butter & brown sugar. Microwave it for a minute & wa-la! It's good, but too rich & fattening. It is definitely my trigger. Dh loves Grape Nuts, but I rarely buy them for him because it is too hard to have them in the house.

Okay, now that you all think I have the most disgusting cereal eating habits, I'll make my exit :D

lawchica
02-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Funny you should mention cereal...with the 20inches of snow outside, I found it easy to have honey nut cheerios at every turn. One thing I've done to keep myself in check with the cereal is make little baggies of exactly one cup servings, and put them back into the box, so I can grab a serving and go.

It also keeps me from eating and eating and eating, because everytime I start a new baggie I know I'm eating another 120 calories. I find that if I just pour and pour until I fill the bowl I've killed at least a serving and a half! I don't know if this will help you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for all the advise in this forum! You ladies rock!

PNG 2
02-19-2003, 02:50 PM
OMG, cereal....LOL

Raelynn, mine is also frosted mini wheats, had to convince myself to have a small bowl this morning...lol, and my other is raisin bran, and cheerios...plain old cheerios, whoda thunk it? I'm also battling eating disorders, and find I have to strain to stay centered, instead of one way or the other, which was why I left the boards for so long before, I found myself heading back into sheer deprivation mode, and thriving, so to speak from it, and I knew I was heading into a bad way.... in the interim, I ended up in CO mode... sometimes I feel like I can't win :(

gonzostar, thanks, I made my avatar as an experiment...lol, playing with new graphics toys... my quotes, lol, I pick up here and there, and that one just gave me a mad case of the giggles...lol

Goddess Jessica, you picked 2 of my favorite distractions... my nails, which aren't very much good for the manicure thing anymore, lol, I'm recovering them from about 5 months of constant acrylic use, since my mil retired from her nail business.. and me being the imaptient one that I am, I just peeled them all off, not tips with fills, but full sculpts... now my nails are thin and raw looking in the areas that haven't grown out yet, but, almost better :) My other one is Animal Crossing, on Gamecube, you get cute little characters, in a cute little town, with cute little animals... (hey, at least I can play when the kid is up, unlike hubby, who has resident evil 0...lol) and you make a living, keep your animals happy, buy bigger better housing for yourself, and it's real time, so things happen at random, and the seasons change, and there's different things to do during different seasons... ok, so I'm a dork ;) but you can't eat holding that big old controller :D

Anyway, I went to the visit meeting at TOPS yesterday, and I am so decided on joining, I just don't know if it will be this coming Tuesday, or if I'll have to wait 3 whole weeks for hubby's next paycheck... robbing Peter to pay Paul here... and they won't let me slide in until then :(

Anyhooo... hope everyone is still feeling that motivation :)

Inca's Momma
02-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Chris,

YES you most certainly can eat Frosted Mini Wheats dry :lol: :lol: :lol: It is my addiction.

KittyMilk
02-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Cereal actually was one of the first foods I've had to give up with my diet. A standard serve doesn't satisfy me and what I would call a normal serve is about 4 serves. I started checking out the ingredient list and who would of thought it but sugar is one of the main ingredients? So just becuase I wasn't adding sugar didn't mean I was being healthy. I think cereal is a big diet myth. They try and make out it's healthy and all for you and your kids in the morning but really it's just high processed grain and sugar.
Raylynn is not buying cereal at all an option? There is plenty of other breakfasts you can have and when you think of it you wouldn't buy chocolate as it's too much temptation so why not give up cereal all together at least untill you get the next 20 pounds down? Then maybe allow a box in as a reward :)
Don't give up anyays you'll overcome this hurdle and you've come way to far to slide back now,

Kitty

SuchAPrettyFace
02-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Boo Berry. When the cereal is gone, I add more. When the milk gets low, I add more...until I've eaten 3/4 the box. So I don't buy it anymore.

Raelynn
02-20-2003, 07:58 PM
That's a good idea to measure the cereal into ziploc baggies - I think I will do that with my regular breakfast cereal.

And I'm not buying any trigger cereals anymore, miniwheats are expensive enough to begin with - so I'll be saving money too lol.