Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/20/11

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/20/11

wuv2bloved
12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Gaia
12-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Down another 3 lbs today! Looks like I'll reach my mini-goal of getting into the 180's before 2012!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

ptod
12-21-2011, 08:24 AM
On my way to WI. Will report results later in the day.

Hope everyone has a great day! Go IPeeps! :carrot:

sandralosingweight
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Got confused as today is the 21st and I read the title of this threas being 12/20/11, so I thought there was no daily thread open yet! Then I figured out we are Wednesday indeed, so this must have been a typo :)

Being very busy nowadays at work, just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope you will stay strong during this holiday season.

Also, this is the first time I put pictures in my signature and I see a huge difference! I am so happy about my new photos :)

Have a good day everyone.

sandralosingweight
12-21-2011, 08:58 AM
It seems like my before and after pictures did not show in my signature :( Will have to figure that out later.

wuv2bloved
12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Oops guess I guess when I started the thread i was half asleep......lol....this the chat for 12/21......sorry!!!.......on the way to my WI.....good luck to all who weighs in today!!!

sandralosingweight
12-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Hello Wuv,

I wanted to put this picture in my signature but it did not work, I heard you can make it smaller, can you help me with this?

kelly1962
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Hello Wuv,

I wanted to put this picture in my signature but it did not work, I heard you can make it smaller, can you help me with this?

Wow Sandra - what a difference in your pics. You look amazing!! Congratulations!!

Ishbel
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Hello Wuv,

Sandra, you look fantabulous!!! Lookin' good! :)

Junetwin11
12-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Hello Wuv,

Great job Sandra. You look wonderful :)

JellyMae87
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
HEllo Everyone... Hope everyone is doing well! and staying away from all the holiday goodies! I know that I am!! I am just too far along in this to let it go over one measly holiday!
One thing I hate about Christmas is the family drama... That is exactly what is going on right now... To mkae a long story short. I convinced my parents to do dinner instead of breakfast... but now the sister is making a big deal about it... Since we always do things in the morning... So I told them that I wont show up. since I cant eat anything they have for breakfast. and my BF and I dont get his daughter til Noon, then we have to do our Christmas...

Anyways. I just needed to vent. I have no one else that will listed to me rant about how much I cant stand most of my family!!

wuv2bloved
12-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello Wuv,

Sandra, just open that file in paint and click resize by 50 and it will make it smaller. The picture you have now is the size that I have my pics as but just resize it with Paint and it should work. You look FANTASTIC by the way...what a difference!!...keep up the hard work :)

HEllo Everyone... Hope everyone is doing well! and staying away from all the holiday goodies! I know that I am!! I am just too far along in this to let it go over one measly holiday!
One thing I hate about Christmas is the family drama... That is exactly what is going on right now... To mkae a long story short. I convinced my parents to do dinner instead of breakfast... but now the sister is making a big deal about it... Since we always do things in the morning... So I told them that I wont show up. since I cant eat anything they have for breakfast. and my BF and I dont get his daughter til Noon, then we have to do our Christmas...

Anyways. I just needed to vent. I have no one else that will listed to me rant about how much I cant stand most of my family!!

Jelly, you can vent anytime you like, you know that!!!....you know how to use that phone of yours...hahaha

Just got back from my WI ...down another 2lbs and another 1.5 inches...WOOHOO!!!!!....I am super excited, the inches are really starting to come off now AND I am not hurting AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!...whoop whoop!!....lol

I am leaving to go to mom's today so I won't be around as much as usual but I will check in while I am there. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday!...Much love to all:grouphug:

TBird
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Tomorrow is my 3rd WI. I have done a ton of baking and haven't ate anything! Also, all those Christmas parties with people eating all of those yummy treats right in front of me! I am not craving them-it's my head!!! I just think I would like to eat that. So my 1st WI I was down 5.4lbs, Week 2 I was only down 3lbs.....I was upset as I was hoping for another 5! I haven't cheated at all, and I gues 8.4lbs and 11 inches in 2 weeks is pretty good. Will post tomorrow's results.

How is everyone dealing with Christmas? Making it a Cheat day??? My mom is making her famous Christmas pudding that I am not sure I can resist!! I also need a little alcohol if I am spending 3 days with the family!! :):dizzy:

New Englander
12-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Holy Toledo! I had a great weigh in!!! I lost 4.6 lbs this past week!!! Woo hoo!!! I expected my usual 2 - 2 1/2...which I was usually happy with BUT this one made me really happy!!! :)

wuv2bloved
12-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Tomorrow is my 3rd WI. I have done a ton of baking and haven't ate anything! Also, all those Christmas parties with people eating all of those yummy treats right in front of me! I am not craving them-it's my head!!! I just think I would like to eat that. So my 1st WI I was down 5.4lbs, Week 2 I was only down 3lbs.....I was upset as I was hoping for another 5! I haven't cheated at all, and I gues 8.4lbs and 11 inches in 2 weeks is pretty good. Will post tomorrow's results.

How is everyone dealing with Christmas? Making it a Cheat day??? My mom is making her famous Christmas pudding that I am not sure I can resist!! I also need a little alcohol if I am spending 3 days with the family!! :):dizzy:

Never be disappointed in ANY losses that you have no matter how small they are. A Loss is a Loss!!!....your average will probably be 3lbs a week so you will have small weeks but it all works out.

For Christmas I will have Turkey, Cauliflower dressing, Cucumbers and green beans. All of that food that will be there will be there again next year just like it has been for the past 45 years. One year without it won't kill me plus I feel great and I know after eating my meal I won't be stuffed and miserable like I have been in the past. Ok, so your mom will have her famous Christmas pudding, won't it be there next year? I bet you 10 to 1 it will!!!....is it worth having to not lose 2lbs?....for me the answer is no because I have that mind set. Anything I want will be there when I am done so it is worth the wait for me. As far as spending time with my family, there is no need for alcohol, alcohol doesn't solve anything AND will hold me back from losing as much as I can so again not an option for me. Christmas WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR....this is a NO CHEAT program!....ok...enough of that, I am not saying all of this to be a mean person either, if you have read the boards at all you will see this is how I am, very truthful and honest....have a happy holiday :)

New Englander
12-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Hello Wuv,

You look amazing! Keep up the great work!!!

JellyMae87
12-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Holy Toledo! I had a great weigh in!!! I lost 4.6 lbs this past week!!! Woo hoo!!! I expected my usual 2 - 2 1/2...which I was usually happy with BUT this one made me really happy!!! :)

WI's like this totally put me in a good mood, specially when everyone is eating all the sweets... Lately in my head I just chuckle know that those 5lbs will probably never come off that person!! MUAHAHAHA... Im EVIL like that!!

TBird
12-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the honest words-I have NEVER stuck to a diet, I didn't need to diet until a few years ago. This is all new to me, I love the IP diet! The food is great! It just the dessert I am going to have trouble resisting-but I will remember what you said-it will all be there next year! :hug:

TBird
12-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Never be disappointed in ANY losses that you have no matter how small they are. A Loss is a Loss!!!....your average will probably be 3lbs a week so you will have small weeks but it all works out.

For Christmas I will have Turkey, Cauliflower dressing, Cucumbers and green beans. All of that food that will be there will be there again next year just like it has been for the past 45 years. One year without it won't kill me plus I feel great and I know after eating my meal I won't be stuffed and miserable like I have been in the past. Ok, so your mom will have her famous Christmas pudding, won't it be there next year? I bet you 10 to 1 it will!!!....is it worth having to not lose 2lbs?....for me the answer is no because I have that mind set. Anything I want will be there when I am done so it is worth the wait for me. As far as spending time with my family, there is no need for alcohol, alcohol doesn't solve anything AND will hold me back from losing as much as I can so again not an option for me. Christmas WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR....this is a NO CHEAT program!....ok...enough of that, I am not saying all of this to be a mean person either, if you have read the boards at all you will see this is how I am, very truthful and honest....have a happy holiday :)

Thanks for the honest words-I have NEVER stuck to a diet, I didn't need to diet until a few years ago. This is all new to me, I love the IP diet! The food is great! It just the dessert I am going to have trouble resisting-but I will remember what you said-it will all be there next year!

Busymomx4
12-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Tried to make mashed cauliflowers yesterday and it was pretty good. Used my 1oz milk and added some I can't believe its not butter spray, salt and lots of pepper and it was very good (considering i don't like cauliflowers). But 2 cups raw gave me about 1/2 cup mashed but it was very filling with my 8oz chicken breast (which i cook with chipolte miss dash). I was so pissed cause i cooked also the chicken that i was going to bring to my christmas party tomorrow night and got up this morning to see that i had left my container on the kitchen counter...ugh..so now i have to buy more to make some tonight.

Jelly - Great WI, you're so close to the 100lbs...you are the fastest loser here and am amazed at how you lost basically 100lbs in 20weeks...you know that gives you a 5lbs/week average! Sorry about the family drama..sometimes i'm glad that christmas is just us.

Sandra - You look absolutly gorgeous!

Nothing new to report...will be rushing at work until we finish working tomorrow at 4.

wuv2bloved
12-21-2011, 12:31 PM
WI's like this totally put me in a good mood, specially when everyone is eating all the sweets... Lately in my head I just chuckle know that those 5lbs will probably never come off that person!! MUAHAHAHA... Im EVIL like that!!

LOL...I can so see your face and hear that evil laugh coming out of you....lol...You are right too they will NEVER lose that 5lbs...AND you will never gain that 5lbs so you are in great shape!!!

Thanks for the honest words-I have NEVER stuck to a diet, I didn't need to diet until a few years ago. This is all new to me, I love the IP diet! The food is great! It just the dessert I am going to have trouble resisting-but I will remember what you said-it will all be there next year!

This is a great program, I love it!!....its easy too that is why they say THIS IS YOUR LAST DIET!!!....Trust me I know about the desserts, I am the same way, My mom makes these turtles, pralines and fudge ONLY at Christmas but they will be there next year so it something to look forward too :) I am happy you did not take what I said wrong, just trying to keep it real ya know?

rbtemplet
12-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Hello Wuv,

You look great!!! Way to go!!! :carrot::carrot:

I have a similar situation here. Actually this entire year has been drama-filled and I would really like a peaceful Christmas!! When you start having your own family you just have to do what is best for you and yours. Good luck in dealing with it...wishing you a very Merry (and peaceful) Christmas!! :)

Just got back from my WI ...down another 2lbs and another 1.5 inches...WOOHOO!!!!!....I am super excited, the inches are really starting to come off now AND I am not hurting AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!...whoop whoop!!....lol

I am leaving to go to mom's today so I won't be around as much as usual but I will check in while I am there. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday!...Much love to all:grouphug:

Great WI, Wuv!! Glad to hear you are having some relief as well!! :)

Way to go!! That's awesome!! Great motivation to stay OP this weekend!! :)

LOL!!! I'm evil like that, too!! Love it!! :D

rbtemplet
12-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Nothing much going on today...just patiently waiting for Friday to get here so I can be off of work.

Yesterday while I was out and about I forgot AGAIN to drink my protein drink at lunch. Just completely forgot about it. That's the second day in a row and I'm pretty bummed about it because I'm worried that I messed myself up by doing that two days in a row. Thankfully I don't have to do much today and lunch will be at home so I will be sure to get it in. Too much running around = one crazy woman!! :dizzy:

I want my normal schedule/routine back!! Whaaa!!!! :cry: LOL!

New Englander
12-21-2011, 12:45 PM
JellyMae87, You made me laugh!!! Love the evil laugh!!! LOL!!!

rbtemplet, Thanks for your supportive words!!!

Maggie

TBird
12-21-2011, 12:58 PM
LOL...I can so see your face and hear that evil laugh coming out of you....lol...You are right too they will NEVER lose that 5lbs...AND you will never gain that 5lbs so you are in great shape!!!

This is a great program, I love it!!....its easy too that is why they say THIS IS YOUR LAST DIET!!!....Trust me I know about the desserts, I am the same way, My mom makes these turtles, pralines and fudge ONLY at Christmas but they will be there next year so it something to look forward too :) I am happy you did not take what I said wrong, just trying to keep it real ya know?

Absolutely! I need a kick in the pants from time to time. This is one reason why I love this diet.....Every Thursday morning I have to answer to my coach! Not that she will beat me if I do wrong, but I want to keep losing-I love the praise! I am getting back to my old self!! I can see it! I feel great and I am looking better!! Soon those jeans from 5 years ago will be back on me!!!

TBird
12-21-2011, 12:59 PM
JellyMae87, You made me laugh!!! Love the evil laugh!!! LOL!!!

rbtemplet, Thanks for your supportive words!!!

Maggie

I laughed too!! Funny!!!!

Ishbel
12-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Tried to make mashed cauliflowers yesterday and it was pretty good. Used my 1oz milk and added some I can't believe its not butter spray, salt and lots of pepper and it was very good (considering i don't like cauliflowers). But 2 cups raw gave me about 1/2 cup mashed but it was very filling with my 8oz chicken breast (which i cook with chipolte miss dash). I was so pissed cause i cooked also the chicken that i was going to bring to my christmas party tomorrow night and got up this morning to see that i had left my container on the kitchen counter...ugh..so now i have to buy more to make some tonight.

Jelly - Great WI, you're so close to the 100lbs...you are the fastest loser here and am amazed at how you lost basically 100lbs in 20weeks...you know that gives you a 5lbs/week average! Sorry about the family drama..sometimes i'm glad that christmas is just us.

Sandra - You look absolutly gorgeous!

Nothing new to report...will be rushing at work until we finish working tomorrow at 4.

Did you put any IP chicken soup in it? leganegan gave me a recipe for it that included IP chicken soup...or did you just make it without? I'm going to try it for Christmas dinner. :)

Busymomx4
12-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Did you put any IP chicken soup in it? leganegan gave me a recipe for it that included IP chicken soup...or did you just make it without? I'm going to try it for Christmas dinner. :)

No, didn't use any IP chicken soup. Just cauliflower, milk, butter spray, salt and pepper.

GloverParker
12-21-2011, 01:30 PM
No, didn't use any IP chicken soup. Just cauliflower, milk, butter spray, salt and pepper.

You can use low sodium chicken stock as well - it adds more more liquid and can make them more creamy.

cassandrap
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Does anyone have specific recipes they can share for Christmas dinner? I was going to cheat (just a little) on Christmas day, but reading everyone's posts is encouraging me to stay OP.

JellyMae87
12-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Does anyone have specific recipes they can share for Christmas dinner? I was going to cheat (just a little) on Christmas day, but reading everyone's posts is encouraging me to stay OP.

Really... THink about it! Why cheat? Why set yourself up for disappointment? You just have to think about it as any other day.. Just because its a holiday doent mean to throw everything you work this hard for out the window... Anytime I EVEN think about wanting to cheat. I think back to the first week, I sure as HECK dont want to go through that again!! Just my nickel!

Junetwin11
12-21-2011, 02:05 PM

There's no such thing as "just a little" cheat. Don't do it. It's just not worth it.

lindac36
12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
wuv2belovd, how do you make cauliflower dressing?

TBird
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I would like to find someone who is about to start week 4 so we could work together. Would be really cool if you we also around the same size as me. I love all of the forums and chatting with everyone, I just think for me it might be fun to work with someone else who has almost the exact same goals.

cassandrap
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Just got back from my WI. 4.6 lbs this week! That makes 10.8 lbs in my first two weeks. I am really encouraged.

Pamelama
12-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Had my 2nd WI. Down another 3.2lbs which makes 10 pounds lost in 2 weeks!

I had to make a huge batch of latkes (potato pancakes) last night and didn't have a bite! Coming up, vacation in the local mountains with 2 families.... Got my IP packets... Bring it on!!!

wuv2bloved
12-21-2011, 04:28 PM
wuv2belovd, how do you make cauliflower dressing?

Make cauliflower rice(put cauliflower in a mini chopper then cook it in the microwave for 3 mins) then combine it with the dressing mix

Lmflora
12-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Hello, just got back from 2nd weigh in, a bit disappointing, only down 1lb. But I should not have expected much after my weekend in Denver with my number 1. I thought I did pretty good considering. It sure does not take much to bounce out of ketosis does it? My daughter did much better, she lost 3.25 lbs.

It was a good lesson to learn, at least I did not gain! but, the weekend was worth it, we have been going so hard for so long, we really needed to get away. I am completely back on program now. One more trip for the holidays, should be better, we have access to a kitchen.

Cheers

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wl4GcRq/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl4GcRq/)

WI#1 -8.75; WI#2 -1;

ptod
12-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Finally made it home for the day.

WI this morning: down another 5.8 pounds. I didn't quite believe that math (since my left arm didn't fall off this week) so I asked for a copy of my WIs - and the math was CORRECT.

Happy dance! :dance:

JellyMae87
12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Finally made it home for the day.

WI this morning: down another 5.8 pounds. I didn't quite believe that math (since my left arm didn't fall off this week) so I asked for a copy of my WIs - and the math was CORRECT.

Happy dance! :dance:

Like Button!!

ptod
12-21-2011, 04:56 PM
One thing I hate about Christmas is the family drama...

JellyMae - I feel for you. :hug:

With in-laws in Ohio & my family here in Connecticut, there is plenty of drama on both sides, especially during the holidays. My DH & I just remember that as adults married 20 years, we have earned the right to say no to either or both sides of the family. Guilt no longer works on us and we rarely get pulled into the dramas.

I will say though that I still haven't been able to bite my tongue when siblings who live about 2 hours away by car can't seem to remember to call and tell Mom that they will be 6 hours late to Christmas dinner.....and then have the nerve ask why we didn't wait for them to eat.

marie montreal
12-21-2011, 05:22 PM
It seems like my before and after pictures did not show in my signature :( Will have to figure that out later.

Congrats! I am also from the Montreal area and am starting in January, didn't think it was wise to start before the holidays especially that I am leaving for 2 weeks. I had been on the plan before and was successful, only I didn't follow all 4 phases (big mistake). This time I am going at it, but using some alternatives, can't wait. I plan on taking pictures monthly to monitor my progress, have 50 or so pounds to loose. Hard part will be giving up the wine! WISH ME LUCK! I am convinced more than ever I will succeed, so happy I found this support group! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

marie montreal
12-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Like Button!!

Congrats! You are definitely inspiring, keep up the great work!

marie montreal
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM

WOW I was just looking at your weekly weight loss, it's fantastic, sound like you don't cheat at all! Keep up the great work.:smug:

New Englander
12-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Absolutely! I need a kick in the pants from time to time. This is one reason why I love this diet.....Every Thursday morning I have to answer to my coach! Not that she will beat me if I do wrong, but I want to keep losing-I love the praise! I am getting back to my old self!! I can see it! I feel great and I am looking better!! Soon those jeans from 5 years ago will be back on me!!!
Tbird, Ya know..when you said "I am getting back to my old self!"..I've been starting to feel that way too! My mom recently told me "you look like Maggie" meaning I look like I use to look and it was such a compliment. Then I got my hair cut and colored and my husband told me I looked like I use to when we first met! Granted I'm only down 26 lbs and still have a ways to go but it is so unbelievable to "get back to your old self"...nothing beats that feeling!!!

New Englander
12-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I see folks posting OP and don't know what it means??? Is it On Plan???

Thanks! Maggie

Lmflora
12-21-2011, 06:01 PM
One thing I hate about Christmas is the family drama... That is exactly what is going on right now... To mkae a long story short. I convinced my parents to do dinner instead of breakfast... but now the sister is making a big deal about it... Since we always do things in the morning... So I told them that I wont show up. since I cant eat anything they have for breakfast. and my BF and I dont get his daughter til Noon, then we have to do our !

I know how you feel JellyMae, we can always count on one or two members of our family to hurt us and anger us more the anyone else. I have barely spoken to my brother since August when our mother passed away, he and his daughter were complete selfish jerks during the entire thing. Now we're all spending Xmas together with our father, and it has been very difficult for me not to vent and tell him just exactly what a jerk he was. but we are doing this for my dad, he fell and broke his hip over thanksgiving and is struggling as well. So I have to remember it is not about me or my brother, it is about my dad. But boy oh boy, it sure is hard to let go. I miss my mother terribly right now. :(.

Doing this diet is a good distraction and gives me something to focus on until the great rat race starts again after the holidays.

New Englander
12-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I know how you feel JellyMae, we can always count on one or two members of our family to hurt us and anger us more the anyone else. I have barely spoken to my brother since August when our mother passed away, he and his daughter were complete selfish jerks during the entire thing. Now we're all spending Xmas together with our father, and it has been very difficult for me not to vent and tell him just exactly what a jerk he was. but we are doing this for my dad, he fell and broke his hip over thanksgiving and is struggling as well. So I have to remember it is not about me or my brother, it is about my dad. But boy oh boy, it sure is hard to let go. I miss my mother terribly right now. :(.

Doing this diet is a good distraction and gives me something to focus on until the great rat race starts again after the holidays.

Oh the family drama...I'm really going to miss my wine this Christmas...it somehow made everything a little calmer in my world!!! So, this year...as a distraction I've invited all the kids to put together ginger bread homes...I'm not a huge sweet tooth person so it won't be a big deal for me...but it will keep me from all my nutty family members for a bit!!! :) (I really love my family...it's just all of us under the same roof at once can be overwhelming!!!) :)

JellyMae87
12-21-2011, 07:14 PM
I see folks posting OP and don't know what it means??? Is it On Plan???

Thanks! Maggie

Yes. It means on plan.

JellyMae87
12-21-2011, 07:18 PM
The main issue has been. That my parents were doing Xmas in the evening instead... To help me out to stay OP. Since I can't have bisquits and gravy. Etc.... But the lil skates says its not fair to change just because of me... So. With enough complaining. My mother finally gave in to them. Which irks me off too. Since this was agreed upon on turkey day. Gahhh people irritate me!

Lmflora
12-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Oh the family drama...I'm really going to miss my wine this Christmas...it somehow made everything a little calmer in my world!!!

I hear ya, I am going to miss my bota box malbec something fierce. But then again, alcohol may just be the match that lights the fire, and that would be a bad thing for my dad!

I love my family too....we are just all so different, we have less in common every year except each other...makes it difficult to be under the same roof!

Cheers!

newmom7611
12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Hey everyone! I've been on the diet for a few weeks now (started 11/11/11 ). I've been reading this forum for nearly that long. I think this site is awesome with what we are trying to accomplish. For some reason, alot of people try to bring you down when you're trying so hard to do the right thing for yourself... ahh oh well. i'm just glad you guys are here and glad that my BF is supportive :D
I'm dieting because i've been kinda heavy since about half way thru high school. it seems i went up about 10 lbs every year, and that is NOT okay. my entire family on both sides struggle with weight problems, and i'm not trying to follow that trend.
i just recently had my first baby :) yayyy. best thing that ever happened to me. it was a total surprise to find out that i was pregnant (in my last semester of school).. we definitely weren't planning for it, but...well it happened. wouldn't change anything. i gained 38 lbs during my pregnancy, putting me JUST over 200 lbs the day i had him. i was kept an extra night because my BP spiked and i was feeling lousy. i've had issues with my BP ever since.. (runs in the family) i've been on meds, which have been reduced, but i really wanna be completely healthy again..
i lost 15 lbs after the baby(doing nothing but healing), and the last 20+ pounds have STUCK! i've tried dieting, working out, burning ridiculous amounts of calories and completely exhausting myself...and nothing has worked thus far. NOTHING. not even a pound was shed before IP. I've lost just over 16 pounds in 5 in a half weeks. i have a weigh in tomorrow that i'm so anxious for. i always get super excited to go see the loss. i've never cheated and don't plan on it. i am/was a super carb-a-holic and its still tough for me.
i have, however, had several NSVs since ive started. the first was about 2 weeks ago when i FINALLY got back into my pre-pregnancy jeans :) i did a little dance in them when i realized i buttoned them with ease and didn't have to suck it in either :dancer: ..second and third were going to xmas parties on two separate occasions and not going off plan in the least. i smelled all of dinner and every dessert and even made 200 home made truffles for the occasions. sometimes smelling them and pretending that i already ate them helps. lol every person at the end of the night were moaning and groaning and complaining of "being so full they could puke" and i wasn't even close to that. i was just enjoying my hot tea and feeling super proud that i did it!
anywho... so far so good on the diet. it's super strict and that's good for me. i'm pretty obsessive. the only thing that i kinda sorta did wrong and didn't know it...was i was adding a few drops of peppermint extract to the chocolate drink. i'd add ice and blend it for a peppermint mocha shake. (ammaaazing) but my coach said that the extract contained alcohols that could slow the progress. i've lost about 3 lbs a week WITH the extract, so this week i haven't had any Pepp. extract and we'll see what happens. i'm weighing in one day early because of their holiday weekend hours and i'm fighting the big C, like i have been since i started. i'm a little upset when i "can't go" shortly before weigh-in because i feel like it isn't quite accurate. i've been following protocol to the T, and have even been drinking Calm several times a week, which is what my coach said would help the problem. maybe i should increase the amount because i'm only going about twice a week and they aren't.....adequate. (sorry TMI)
anyway i'm glad i finally joined so i can comment and post with ya ladies and share in everyone's successes :) proud of everyone and glad we can all experience this journey together

Paint Lady
12-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey everybody! I hope everyone is having a nice, quiet evening at home with no stress! I am! My children went to my mother in law's for a few days and my house has been quiet all day. Listen....to the sound...of silence. I have been busy though. Wrapping presents, making crafty things, baking, cleaning, *sigh* (don't want to think about all of that right now). Anyway, I will officially start maintenance tomorrow. *cartwheels*

JellyMae87
12-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Welcome newmom... Glad that you have finally decided to post... Instead of extrats. You can try the SF peppermint sryup. I tend to use them quite often!!