Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW200+/SW195/CW180/LW147/GW125

Height: 5 feet, 2 inches

Thumbs up hello again! (starting over yet again)

Hey Everyone!

So my name is Katie and I am a 22 year old grad student living in central MA. I am here to start my journey again. In summary I have always been overweight, probably well over 200lbs at some points when I was 17 or 18. I have always been up and down and struggled with weightloss because I struggle with food. I have no problem working out, it is resisting foods and having an unhealthy relationship with food that I struggle with.

I officially started keeping track aug 1, 2009 and I was at 195 lbs. From then until Jan 2010 I lost 40 lbs and was at 155. I then lost my motivation and was lost for a while, but got back on track and got down to 147 at my lowest (I am 5'2.5 by the way) in July of 2010.

Since then I have only gained weight. It was a mixture of lack of self control and being around people who did not really support me. I know it is up to me to make my own choices, no one is shoving food down my throat, but when you live with a boyfriend or have friends that eat whatever they want whenever they want it gets tough. I mean I would try to stick to my healthy eating and working out but my boyfriend would say he would support me and then order chicken wings and pizza for himself while I was eating salad with chicken for dinner.

Anyway I am now back to 180lbs (YIKES! ) but hopefully I can get a fresh start in this new city (I was originally from upstate NY) Also, my current boyfriend supports me by going to the gym with me and trying to eat his unhealthy foods when hes at work or not with me and just not really talking about it. Also, my roomie is on a weightloss journey of her own so hopefully we can support eachother and find support here!

Sorry it is so long...thanks for reading!
katie2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck to you.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Katie, and

Wishing you the best in your weight loss adventure... and yes, do try to make it an adventure! The rewards are great.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote