Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/204/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow Hi there...I need to get this weight off..sick and tired of it!!

Hi. I am searching for a good way to lose weight. I have done several diet plans and do well with structure. Then, I tire and eat this and eat that and 4 pounds at a time gradually gain the weight back.

I am discusted at what I see in the mirror. 210 pounds at 5'6". I am currently in a size 16 womens. My thickest area is my stomach (waist).

I do have a gym membership, and my excuse why I dont go is that I work two jobs and have no time in between the two and after my night job I am too exhausted.

Well, I do hope to gain ideas on what weight loss plans or what have you that people are using to lose weight. I would like a low carb/high protein diet as my hair is a wreck as well and would love to have nice hair again.

Thank you for any suggestions you could toss my way. I appreciate any support.

Aluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 AM   #2  

BMI of 33.9
•Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

(Lovely.)
Old 12-19-2011, 04:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/198/150

Height: 5'7"

I am much higher weight than you, but about the same height range. I thought that this would be impossible to start and keep up with. I love fast food, sitting in front of my computer in my spare time, and basically taking the shortcut everywhere.
I started this journey almost 2 months ago and I have already lost about 40lbs. I've been cutting calories and eating protein, like you said. I've also been watching Pilates exercise videos, so far I can't do much but every week I seem to progress more and more. My goal is 150, so I still have a long way to go, but it's true what they say. One day at a time. I like to think of it like... Today is the LAST day I'll look exactly like I do now. Tomorrow I'll be a little healthier, the day after that I'll be a little healthier than I will be tomorrow, and so on. All we can do is our best.
Another small piece of advice... stay in touch with this site, or others like it. It has helped me so much to check on the "goal" posts and think of how I'll be posting there someday. It's so inspiring.

Good luck, we all know you can do it.
Onedaysmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #4  

Default Thank You!

My goal is 150, as well.
Good advice. I thank you.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum! I too am a calorie counter, however, there is a ton of information on this site on various different food plans. Choose one that fits in your lifestyle and you can follow long term. It sounds like the reason you were not successful on previous plans is because they did not allow you treats that you craved. Be sure to choose a plan that will allow you to build in treats in your plan.
Sounds like you are pretty busy and maybe a gym membership is not for you. There are many things you can do in your home for free. Youtube and HULU both have many exercise videos you can watch and do when you have time or buy yourself a treadmill or elliptical to use when your home.
Whatever plan you follow, the most important thing is to stay dedicated and committed to changing your life. Even if you have a bad food meal or day do not give up, get right back on plan the next meal.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #6  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluli View Post
BMI of 33.9
•Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

(Lovely.)
I feel your pain. I can't wait for the day when I calculate my bmi and I am not in the obese category.I would love to have a BMI of 29.9. Just Overweight. That would be a dream. I hate the "O" word.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #7  

Shocking for me to know that I am obese.

Thank you to those that have posted. Now, to figure out what is a good calorie amount to stick to.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

You can google "How many calories should I eat to lose weight" which will bring up calorie calculators to input your information into and get a calorie range to lose weight. You are taller than me (lucky you) but around the same weight when I started and I kept my calories between 1300-1400 calories per day. My weight loss was not the fastest but I feel like I have learned tools that will last throughout my lifetime.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluli View Post
Hi. I am searching for a good way to lose weight. I have done several diet plans and do well with structure. Then, I tire and eat this and eat that and 4 pounds at a time gradually gain the weight back.

I am discusted at what I see in the mirror. 210 pounds at 5'6". I am currently in a size 16 womens. My thickest area is my stomach (waist).

I do have a gym membership, and my excuse why I dont go is that I work two jobs and have no time in between the two and after my night job I am too exhausted.

Well, I do hope to gain ideas on what weight loss plans or what have you that people are using to lose weight. I would like a low carb/high protein diet as my hair is a wreck as well and would love to have nice hair again.

Thank you for any suggestions you could toss my way. I appreciate any support.

For myself, if I need to go out to exercise, most of the time I won't do it, but it is pretty easy to find a few minutes to do a few knee bends, or waist twists, some arm exercises, simple things to start, for me it is knee bends which are easy and not to taxing, if you have an exercycle that is also a big bonus; your body will complain, but if you do this every day, it will get used to it, just a few to start to see how many are good for you, eventually you will get to the point where you can put together a routine that is right for you. I also carb count rather than calorie count being that I am also diabetic it is a better choice to make. Here is an example that I love; you can buy so called healthy breaded fish but it has 40 carbs for 2 pieces, and they are small, but you can buy buffalo chicken strips that have only 18 carbs for 2, and 2 pieces of english style battered cod that have 24 carbs for 2, so checking out the carb content on your favorite foods can be a shocker.
Danica61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #10  

One of the rules on this forum is that you should do no advertising, but is it allowed to say where you can get these items that I mentioned that are good carb choices, all I may be able to say that it is a big warehouse store that is in Canada and the USA
Danica61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/195/146

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good Luck...I too am just getting started. I figure I didn't get this way overnight, so one day at a time!
carolyng4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 AM   #12  

Lightbulb I've decided...

I'm doing the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD).
Day one on the food part, and hit the gym.

Off to a good start!

Last edited by Aluli; 01-03-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #13  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

great job getting started! good luck!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #14  

Thanks..I see sontaikle..you surpassed your goal.Super awesome.