Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 12/18

Diana3271
12-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
12-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I am hoping that today is my last day of TTOM.

Weigh In: 147.6 (TTOM)
Up: .4

Anyone have any major plans or goings on this week?

Italiannie
12-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Mind if I jump in with you guys? I'm new to the boards (less than a week). Restarted my weight loss using Intermittent Fasting (IF). It's actually been fairly easy. I have a blog posted on 3FC "Celebrate Life"

You can see my long term goal to the left, but for now I have a short term goal to get under 190 by New Years. I've lost about 4 pounds so far in less than a week. We'll see.

I guess I need to wait until they let me put up a signature with a ticker. This 3FC is fun, and I do appreciate all that I read.
So.....

I stayed on program quite well yesterday, and hoping to do the same today.
My eating window is 5-10pm, when I have fresh fruit, a nice dinner - whatever I cook for my family, and usually a snack or two in the evening.

194.6 today
189.9 New Year's Goal

Thanks for the Inspiration, Everyone!

Diana3271
12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Italiannie Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congrats on your progress so far. You can subscribe to this thread to make it easier to find and come back to. Every Sunday we start a new thread for the week. We look forward to watching you succeed in your weight loss! :carrot:

ItsMyTurn
12-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Italianne - :welcome: Good to have ya

Diana - Thank you for asking. We celebrated my son's 18th birthday yesterday (I am so not handling that well). WI today showed up 1.2lbs, but... TMI alert... I have also been constipated for 3 days-ish and started TOM in the middle of the night last night. Yesterday was also a rough day, but still counting the blessings we DO have - however... work computer crashed, DH got laid off of his job, TOM started, and satellite radio went out. Blah! Hoping that's all the crap we have to deal with for the weekend and now we can just recharge.
I made Kevin's cake from scratch and only one piece left! :O Must have been a hit :) He loves the leather jacket we got him too, so that's a success. My BF down here came and that made it nice... to me, my friends are chosen family... we have no family really down here, so they are "it" for us and it meant a ton. My mom got him an amazing card and enclosed a picture of him the first day he was born... had me and Kevin in tears - way to go mom! LOL!

Larry - glad you are back online and functioning :)

Mamakat - the more I read on you, the more alike our personalities/handling of things, seem to mimic each other and it cracks me up! I didn't think the world could handle someone else who acts as I do, :lol:

Everyone else - :wave: nice to see you :)

mamakat
12-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Italianne :welcome: nice start on your New Year goal. Glad to have you here :)

ItsMyTurn :lol: who says the world's handling us :p It is stuck with us whether it likes it or not...and if it has a complaint, well, it can keep it to itself, I've got enough to deal with :p So glad Kevin and your family (friends too) had a good time yesterday (minus all the fiascoes...which I'm sorry you had to deal with). You know how when you get emotional and you get that shakey chin and your throat sort of seizes, but then you pull out quickly with a smile...I got that just now, reading about the baby picture :) I have a cherished shot of my oldest. We ha just flown here (he was maybe 2 months) and we were in a hotel. You know how you're in love with the first especially those first few months. DH took a shot of me, staring at him (Ian/son) and he was staring up into my eyes. OMG, he's cradled in my lap and we are looking into each others eyes. When I see that pic, I see a future yet unknown and a love that no one can take from me...it my first love. OK, I'm going to go cry now :rofl: SO I get the crying at a baby pic. Hope things run smoother soon.

Misti in Seattle
12-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Yay, here we are again starting another successful week! Have to tell all of you... I enjoy posting other places at 3FC too but you have become my main "peeps" and where I really want to come and read your posts and share my own goals and victories. So thanks to all of you for giving me such a friendly welcome when I came in.

Diana, I appreciate your starting and organizing the threads each week. Thank you.

Italianne, :welcome3: -- so nice to have you here, and I'm glad you felt comfortable just jumping right in and sharing. Yes, the tickers are fun and helpful; it won't be long until you have one of your own.

Star, you have certainly had a lot to deal with lately. What a neat idea for your Mom to send the birthday photo.

Mamakat, LOL, glad you too are enjoying the memories!!!

:wave: to the rest of you.

Interesting day today with some NSVs! I wash tablecloths for a church community dinner so today I was taking them back and hanging them up (about 20 of them). Usually there is a kitchen stool close by and I sit on that, as it is hard to stand that long, with my hip problem, but really it is my back that starts hurting. Well today there was no stool so I just stood there and hung them all up... with no pain!! WOW. Plus the boxes were just in the floor and I was stooping down for each one and then standing back up to hang it.

Now this next part is something that ONLY some of you here at 3FC will understand how exciting it is but... I found BRAS that fit!! The store here that used to carry them stopped quite some time ago and advised me to order them on the Internet but I decided to go check it out to see what they had, and they are now carrying them again! Yay! I am wondering if they got other complaints. Anyway I got two that fit now and two one size down -- LOL I even got a PINK one! In my size if I find them at all it is either white or if I am lucky a black or skin color one. Whoop de doooo

I stopped and bought a burger at my favorite stand on the way home but no mayo. Then I got home and was still hungry so steamed some fresh asparagus. Dinner is going to be my "mega-veggie coleslaw" with a couple of steamed eggs.

Oh and I got more stuff for my Yonanas machine. Some real flaked coconut from a high end market, etc. Now I have all kinds of varieties of it to try out. YUM

Have a wonderful week, everyone!! Go go go!!

berryblondeboys
12-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi all! Sleep was horrid last night and I slipped down the stares in the middle of the night while going to add some lemon juice to my water. I didn't hurt myself, but I thought, what if I had weighed what I weighed at the last Christmas party? I weigh 90 pounds less this year. I could have really hurt myself with that fall!

People did comment on the weight loss as some people haven't seen me since last year. It felt good to be feeling good and to be looking good. Hubby likes it too. Las night he said that he loved my reemerged hour glass figure....felt great.

And Mamakat a stollen is a traditional German Christmas bread. Tons of varieties, but it's a yeasted bread full of almonds and dried fruits. Mine is a healthi version, but divine. It's whole wheat, but stuffed with rum soaked raisins, cranberries, cherries, apricots, prunes and pineapple and also has toasted almonds. After its baked, you slather the top and sides of the free form loaf in butter and sprinkle it with a coating of powdered sugar. It's quite expensive to make with all the fruit and nuts and rum involved, but it's a fabulous once a year treat.

Diana3271
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Itsmyturn It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend with your family. Sorry about the stomach issues and your DH's job. I hope you get some relief from your stomach soon. That's a miserable feeling. Is your DH going to look for work again?

Misti You have had a lot of NSV's lately. Congrats! Those little things make your life such a better place. :hug:

Berry The party and food sounds fantastic! I hope you aren't sore from falling last night.

Mamakat I didn't realize that you changed the focus of your book. That may have been during one of my busy times.

Misti in Seattle
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks, Diana. Yes. I am really pleased with my progress so far. I appreciate your noticing.

Diana3271
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Total Approx 1375 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
1 fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (310 Calories)
2 small pieces of turkey from Honey Baked Ham 100 calories
English muffin 100 calories
1/2 cup cottage cheese 90 calories
pumpkin butter 20 calories

Exercise:
Susan Chung's Rapid Fire: Results Cardio Explosion premix w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks, Diana. Yes. I am really pleased with my progress so far. I appreciate your noticing.

I remember the first time that I was able to bend over and my belly wasn't in my way. It was an amazing feeling. It's hard for other people to relate to that type of stuff. (not that I would shout this info. to the world. ;)) People here can totally relate and understand. These are the things that really make a difference in our lives.

Misti in Seattle
12-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Ahhhh a bit disappointed in myself this afternoon. I ate a big bowl of veggie slaw for dinner... then some Yonanas. Later I still felt hungry... which was totally impossible LOL... so microwaved an egg breakfast bowl (220 calories which I did not need). Still, when I think of all I *used* to eat in a day, this was not really such a big deal. But it won't lose me any weight, and I really want to stick with it.

Oh well... tomorrow is another day.

ArtyKay
12-19-2011, 04:13 AM
DH wanted chicken today...lol, and rather than make myself something different I got fries at the restaurant, and had 1 of his chicken tenders. :rolleyes:

I cut my calories a little and am drinking an extra few glasses of water to make up for it...weigh in's tomorrow!!!

mamakat
12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Monday WI 207.8 bringing me down like only .8 from last week and a whole pound from yesterday :shrug:

mamakat
12-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Berry sorry to hear you slipped down the stairs. I can totally relate to the realization of falling heavier. I feared it (and still do) when my hip is bad. For a while I wouldn't work out in my basement in fear that they couldn't get me out if I got hurt. Oh the things we have to worry about on top of other things when we're overweight. Stollen sounds absolutely divine. I am a bread addict and as you described it, my mouth watered. Then you said butter and powdered sugar....oh it sounds so good. :)

Diana the actual plot is the same. the characters are the same and the situation is basically the same. I just had to get rid of characters...too many ruins the focus. and I really just needed to get rid of ALL the tragedies in Cinderella's life and focus on one. Prince has enough on his plate :p It's shaping up nicely. I got in 5k yesterday plus a clean up after researching (which I should have done before writing the chapter in the first place). I can be lazy, but it's a rough draft so editing and clean up aren't really my focus, but sometimes it won't flow in my head if it doesn't flow in print. :)

Misti sometimes we are just plain outright hungry. don't beat yourself up over it. there will be days (and I know this all too well) that we won't get all our calories in. focus on the new day at hand. :)

Arty like I said to Misti, don't beat yourself up over it. Look at the positive in this situation, you had one chicken finger and some fries. what would you have done before...me, I'd eat all the strips, fries and order ice cream afterward. Hey, sometimes eating a smaller portion of the things we call bad, is an NSV. :)

So DH has left the state again early this morning. He'll be gone all week. This is how wonderful he is, while I clicked away all day yesterday, he worked (here at home), he did laundry, he went grocery shopping, cooked dinner and prepared tonight's dinner. He brought in a chart of all my meals and explained what they were and how to prepare them. Is he not awesome? Last week was crazy as far as eating and then the whole thing at the restaurant on Saturday (I think that freaked him out a bit. It's not everyday your wife nearly faints while driving home :lol:) even though that wasn't food related, it might have been less bothersome had I been eating better. He's so sweet, he reminded me that my salad was in the fridge and told me to eat it for lunch today. I said, "thanks daddy". He's so sweet.

Well I am off to wake my kittens. It's time to pull out the heaters, it's freezing up here. My DH designs climate control systems for these huge museum/big buildings yet we freeze. He has all the stuff, he just never gets to it. So funny every winter he's says "this spring" then when its not cold anymore he just shrugs it off. I've learned though, most men (plumbers, construction workers and the like) are like this. I think its very frustrating for us women. To be on the fair side, he designs, he doesn't install (although he can, I've seen him do it...oh and he has plumbing, construction and electrical down to a t too) He's amazing, but then yesterday proved that :rofl:

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271
12-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great week!

I went to bed too late last night! :tired: The Survivor Finale started late. I didn't get into bed until after midnight! :tired: I'm too old for that. ;)

I'm hoping that yesterday was my last day of TTOM. We'll see.

Weigh In: 147.6
No Change

berryblondeboys
12-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Mamakat... I'm trying to imagine my husband doing any of the stuff that your husband does, and I can't- none of it. For parties he will dust and run the vacuum, but do dishes? Laundry - ok he will wash it but he will not fold. Cook? Nope. And if I am gone for a week I do like your husband.... Make the food and leave instructions and I'll come home to a disaster. Now that we live with his mom I'm sure that she would do it.... Never when I'm home, but she feels that stuff is women's work and it drives me crazy!

berryblondeboys
12-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Dude!!! I've gained 7 pounds in three days! Can you say carbs make me hold water? Wow!!!

Misti in Seattle
12-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Good morning, all.

Well, I am up two this morning also, but when thinking about it more I realized I really did not eat all that many calories yesterday since dinner was the big veggie slaw. I think the problem was that I did not spread it out enough and ate more later at night.

Oh well... here we all go again today!!! Woot woot

Italiannie
12-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi All! Thank you for your kind welcome. Hope you had a great weekend.

194.6 - Yesterday
194.6 - Today - No change
189 - New Year's Goal
147 - Long Term Goal

Well, it's nice to start the week without a weekend gain! As a newbie, I've been scouring the boards to look to where I fit in. I like your daily accountability and I am going to do the Valentine Challenge. That's enough for me, otherwise I'll lose track. So once again, thank you for the warm welcome. Here's to a successful day ahead.

mamakat
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Berry...I did the folding :rofl: My mother was "it's the woman's job" kind of woman, hence the reason I refuse :p My poor DH has to deal with a lot due my mother :lol: Of course, what am I teaching my children? make the man do everything, while you be queen. My poor son is confused, is he queen or man who does all the work, he doesn't know if he's coming or going. :lol: no wonder he sees a shrink. DD has the queen thing down to a t. Sometimes she out does me, which of course makes me rant and rave. I hate the dishes, so she's supposed to do half. If she doesn't do her half, I don't do mine which leaves DH to do it all while he's cooking. He's off to Casa Grand after Christmas for over a weeks time, I wonder how thin I'll be :rofl:

ArtyKay
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
mamakat Nah, I wasn't hard on myself for too long. Its definitely an NSV, as before I probably would've eaten 3x as much, then finished off what DH didn't finish, and snacked on the rest of it for the rest of the night.

I'm with berryblondeboys...I do the majority of the housework. Hubby actually surprised me today and did all of the dishes while I was asleep...it felt like Christmas morning!!!! I couldn't stop gushing about it the rest of the evening...I was just so happy that he'd done dishes. Without even being asked!!!

Major NSV, I finally got off my booty and exercised tonight. :D I did 10 minutes of step up workout, and did about 25 mins of strength training. Not a lot overall, but way more than I'm used to...which is 0 minutes. :p

ItsMyTurn
12-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Mamakat - I am glad you could relate to the photo and the reaction. Those kids are my world: what give me strength to go on with a smile each day, the patience to refrain from punching people in the face :rofl: Great job on the loss!!!! Sounds like your DH has totally got you covered even when he isn't there to make sure you eat ;) Good for him! Big kudo bonus points :)

Misti - My mom is the queen of great birthday ideas, :) Good job on all those NSVs.. they sure do give us the drive to keep moving forward!!!!

Diana - yes, DH is immediately looking for more work. We have no idea how to make ends meet any longer without him pulling in an income as we have gone through all our savings getting this far. It was nothing he could have avoided though, and I am of the opinion that this door closing is because he was meant to go through a different door :) Fingers crossed that door shows itself real soon though :D I do hope even though you lost some sleep that you enjoyed your program :) Sometimes worth the sacrifice for something that's special to us... and addicting, LOL

ArtyKay - Sounds like you are doing a great job to counter your outing. Extra water is always a great answer :) Great job on your NSV :D

Melissa - I am sure that water weight will dissipate soon ;) I think that's funny your MIL thinks the house stuff is woman's work... my MIL was similar (rest her soul), but had to adjust a bit when DH became an at-home-parent... though she said "looks like you have been appointed the babysitter"... excuse me?!? Since when was a father being involved considered babysitting? If that's the case, I SOOOOO overpay! :rofl:

AFM - I took the day off today so we can get some of my son's new "adult" stuff done, like signing papers at social security and such. I also plan on fitting in a cardio workout and determined that today WILL BE a good day... cause I said so! :lol:

MeganTheMushroom
12-19-2011, 05:00 PM
This seems like a great group.
I started gaining weight when I was in maaybe 5th or 6th grade. I've always felt insecure about it, and only started losing weight in 9th when I went vegetarian. Then, I began working out and got a little too obsessed with weight loss and lost 35 lbs too quickly. Because of it, Ive gained almost all of it back! :(
I'm struggling with binging, but I have been getting better these past few weeks. I have a food log and a journal to say how well I did, but I seemed to have only gained weight back (I managed to lose a couple pounds early autumn).

Anway, my stats: 5'8, 163 lbs, GW: 145 or 140.

Today for breakfast I had a banana sliced in a bowl with this soy yogurt-smoothie stuff, sort of a blend of soy yogurt, almond milk, peanut butter, spices, and maple syrup, with granola. For snack, I had an apple and a larabar, at home I had an apple with some tofu-ginger spread, and then had a bit of a binge on some of the yogurt stuff :S

Dinner will be soup and kale, maybe some mashed potatoes. I will be going to the gym tonight, probably weights and elitpical today...

nat123
12-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi all!

Started diet on dec.1 and been great since..until tonight where I had a binge of sorts...i say 'of sorts' because its was on rice cakes and nuts (the only thing in my house i could 'cheat' with) but still...its was the behaviour of stuffing my face that made me feel guilty :( As well as the 1000extra calories...I felt so bad for having slipped that I actually tried to purge..but then stopped because i didn't want to make that a habit..I've never purged for weight reasons and didn't want to start today..but still having even considered that makes me feel bad :(

Larry H
12-19-2011, 07:59 PM
I had a small amount of chicken breast with rice and cauliflower for lunch and a BLT for dinner totaling 702 calories today :D

I picked the tomato for the BLT fresh out of my garden today. :carrot:

Larry

berryblondeboys
12-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Ok, that's it. no more cookies for me. Holidays are over for me... Wow! Today I had zits on my face! My body does not like either sugar or wheat or both, that is becoming clear. And my pants are tight... Wow! Very eye opening actually. Now to brave through the next few days of sugar cravings, but I will do it!!

Misti in Seattle
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone, and welcome to the newbies!! Please feel free to join right in; you are very welcome and it is a great group.

Wow, what a difficult day I had today but at least I did not eat my way through it. In fact I weighed the same tonight as I did this morning, which is unusual and means those two extra pounds I gained aren't sticking.

I'll tell you my funny story. Not long after I got to work... and I had not yet eaten my breakfast... someone offered me homemade apple walnut cake. I started telling myself I could just have that for breakfast, as apples and walnuts are good for me. :) Yah... right! :) But I remembered those two extra pounds and thought "I do not want them" so I went to my desk and had a tuna salad packet and four small crackers. :) Oh and coffee with cream.

Editing to add that for a morning snack I had a small Satsuma orange.
Lunch was a frozen turkey dinner.
Afternoon I was hungry so had some Greek vanilla yogurt.

Dinner was a big bowl of mega-coleslaw with lots of veggies, some nuts and dried fruit, and 2 steamed eggs.
A bit later I will have some yonanas -- perhaps peach or pineapple/coconut.

Diana3271
12-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Mamakat I am all too familiar with the "cobblers children, not having shoes". ;) My Dad used to do heat/ac/refrigeration repair. Growing up, our pump for our water went bad on Thanksgiving day. This happened a couple different times. I had to go bathe, get dressed, and eat Thanksgiving at a neighbors house. I have seen many times that DH was too busy working on customers vehicles to work on mine. It makes life interesting. :dizzy:

Dude!!! I've gained 7 pounds in three days! Can you say carbs make me hold water? Wow!!!

My body does not like either sugar or wheat or both, that is becoming clear. And my pants are tight... Wow! Very eye opening actually. Now to brave through the next few days of sugar cravings, but I will do it!!

Berry I love eating off plan, but I hate the after effects. Stay strong against the cravings for the next few days. You are aware of what's going on. Keep your focus to get through it. You will get it back off in no time. Hang in there!

Misti Sometimes, I end up doing the same thing. I eat too much, later in the day. It will probably take a day or two for your body to regulate itself. Great job staying strong against the apple/walnut cake.

Italiannie Great weigh in!

Artykay Great job on getting that workout in! :bravo:

Itsmyturn I just said a prayer for you, your DH and your family. :hug: I totally agree about when a door closes another is opened. Sometime we don't understand. Especially when we are feeling stressed and don't understand, but there is a plan for us. Keep thinking positive. I think I have watched every season of Survivor but one. That was one of the years that I went back to school.

Megan Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: Sorry to hear about you struggling with binging. There is another area here where you may get some extra support with the binging. It's called Chicks in Control. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/

Nat123 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: Again, I am sorry to hear that you are having these struggles with binging/purging. Here's a area that might be of help. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/

Larry Hi :wave:

Diana3271
12-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Total Approx 1490 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Shared salad 150 calories
Grilled NY Steak 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 w/weighted gloves
TF Fire 30

berryblondeboys
12-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Diana I'm beginning to think I don't like eating off plan. I eat too much and then have to deal with cravings. It tastes great in the moment, but it sort of scares me how fast and easy the sugar draws me in! I have several treats and desserts to make, but no more nibbling for me except on Christmas itself and new yers eve itself. Period.

Diana3271
12-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Diana I'm beginning to think I don't like eating off plan. I eat too much and then have to deal with cravings. It tastes great in the moment, but it sort of scares me how fast and easy the sugar draws me in! I have several treats and desserts to make, but no more nibbling for me except on Christmas itself and new yers eve itself. Period.

I totally agree and understand. The sugar (and food in general) are like an evil drug for me. It really does draw you in and make you have crazy cravings. It seems like the best thing to do is just to stay away from those things, but they are so good. ;) Stay strong. You've got it in you.

mamakat
12-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Days end...got two full meals in :cheer: The first one, the salad, I nearly missed. Going along (writing of course) and notice the time. 1.45, I pick up DS at 2 and we have a doctors appt. Now as I go downstairs, I know once I leave the house lunch is over with. By the time we get back, I'll either have forgotten all together or will reason, dinner is soon enough. SO I scarfed down the meat and cheese in my salad and a few pieces of veg. I figure the meat and cheese were most important. Dinner was yummy and DD was super daddy tonight. She baked hers and bro's meal and ladled up two bowls for me. The first one she announced was waiting for me once I stopped playing in the bathroom. She can be quite the parent :rofl:

Berry I totally know what you're going through, that's why I am so strong against the sugar right now (keeping my fingers crossed to stay that way) Do you know, I've only gone off plan twice since July...only because I know how hard it is getting clean again. There are times, I say just a little isn't going to hurt the actual calories of the diet, but then the pain (Celiac's) and withdrawal come to mind. But lets just say this, if I had the temptations in my house or baked, I wouldn't have even lost this 75lbs. I can't do it. I have to keep the house free...my will power is not that strong. I wish you fast recovery :hug:

welcome to the new comers.

I am off to go do the dishes...see I can do my part :D

qtkitty
12-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Weighed in this morning at 397.2

1/2 banana - 75 cal
Drink
peanut butter powder - 84 cal
5 oz whole milk -94
5 oz water
ice
1 peice Stride Uber Bubble -4 cal
breakfast sub total -257

sm. mocha 264
Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini ( split sandwich and salad with co worker ) Calories 250
Balsalmic Vinagrette 90
Romane 28
Tomatoe 4
Lunch subtotal =636

4 oz Eye of round Roast 170
Baked home fries
1/2 lrg Yellow potatoe 80
drizzle evoo 40
1/2c. green beans 20
1/2c.carrots 35
1/4 wicked gingerbread woopie pie 185
1/8 or less stayman apple 10 ( ate what was left of the 1/2 apple my daughter had for dinner )
Dinner subtotal 530

Total 1425 Calories today

47 oz of straight water drank today

January Snow
12-20-2011, 02:14 AM
This weekend wasn't the best foodwise, but I estimated that I didn't ever go over 2000 calories/day. Fortunately or unfortunately I spent most of Friday night babysitting a drunk friend, so I didn't really drink much myself. It wasn't the best time, but I'm sure my waist line is grateful. I also managed to get to the gym on Saturday to do some cardio and core work, although I didn't get there Sunday night. I was trimming some trees on Sunday though which I count as physical activity.

Today I wound up around 1500 calories. I put in 40 minutes and over 3 miles on the elliptical and did weights and core work. I also shoveled and spread some gravel in driveway adding to my activity total for today.

mamakat
12-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Up nearly a pound from yesterday. Guess body is going into shock it had two meals :shrug: Plan for today is wrapping presents. I put it off long enough. I bought more paper yesterday and the last of the gifts (DD didn't get a chance to buy me a present and DH is out of town all week so I grabbed some lotion and a candle...two of my favorite things). She asked what she got me, I told to wait and see, at least one of us should be surprised :lol: Man, I have put this off for so stinking long that the back of my car is full of stupid stuff. Ah, the sweet smell of tape. :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

ItsMyTurn
12-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Good morning everyone! Welcome to the newcomers :welcome:

Got my son's paperwork for social security done yesterday - he is officially responsible for his own finances now (scared). So I did what any good mother would do... repress, stuff down the feelings, smile, get my butt home and take it out on the elliptical :) I did the mid-section program "Intervals" which is absolutely abusive feeling but I completed it... barely, not gonna lie, but got through it :)

Melissa - something I use when craving for sweet that might help is a sugar-free fudgicle... they so don't taste sugar free, and only have like 45 calories-ish depending on the brand you get. Mine are 2 pops equaling 90 cals... so worth it and they take that sweet craving away, but I don't feel like I am giving in, and even my nutritionist says if it fits in the calories for the day, to do it up :D

Well, time to get ready for work, day off is over :) Have a good day all!

leaningonthelord
12-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi all! Starting off by saying that last night after dinner I was really craving a giant mug of hot chocolate with marshmallow fluff, and the old me wouldn't have hesitated in slurping it down. But not the new me! I put a quote on my fridge that says "Skinny jeans, here I come!" and I knew drinking all those calories wouldn't bring me any closer to my skinny jeans. I was very proud of myself for holding myself accountable! That was the first time I've turned down a late night snack in quite a while and I feel much more empowered!
I've had my bowl of oatmeal this morning, and soon I'll head down to do my 60 minutes on the elliptical. Hope you all have a great day! :)

Diana3271
12-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :coffee:

Weigh In: 147.2
Down: .4

qtkitty Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Diana3271
12-20-2011, 08:06 AM
leaningonthelord Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: There are some lower calorie options for hot chocolate available now. Take a look at your local grocery store to find something that will work with your plan (calories/points).

Misti in Seattle
12-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi leaningonthelord. :welcome:

So glad you decided to join us

Hi to everyone else. Those two dreaded pounds I gained yesterday are gone but they didn't take any friends with them. Maybe tomorrow.....

Larry H
12-20-2011, 08:52 AM
WOW!! I sure have days when my diet is just like this YouTube video. :D:D

This is just too funny to pass up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=FrTbnczYAd4&feature=player_embedded

Larry

berryblondeboys
12-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Two pounds of the water weight are gone, getting a good night of sleep helps too. No goodies today. Just normal eating and I'm looking forward to it!

leaningonthelord
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks Misti and Diana! Diana, I'll definitely have to check out the lower calorie options. I drink a lot of my calories away, especially drinking soda. I'm thinking of switching to diet soda but I've heard it is bad for you...? Then again it seems like every food/drink in existence has been on the 'naughty' list at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if water turns up next! lol

Diana3271
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Larry That video is so funny! I have had my share of Ormie the Pig days! :lol: :rofl: :lol3:

ArtyKay
12-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi all!

Started diet on dec.1 and been great since..until tonight where I had a binge of sorts...i say 'of sorts' because its was on rice cakes and nuts (the only thing in my house i could 'cheat' with) but still...its was the behaviour of stuffing my face that made me feel guilty :( As well as the 1000extra calories...I felt so bad for having slipped that I actually tried to purge..but then stopped because i didn't want to make that a habit..I've never purged for weight reasons and didn't want to start today..but still having even considered that makes me feel bad :(

:hug:

I don't know if you've been by our Chicks in Control forum, but there is a LOT of great support there that's binge specific...the ladies there are all struggling with this and its helped me so much. Don't hold onto those bad feelings...you may have had a binge, but you didn't purge to deal with it and that's awesome.

berryblondeboys Oh man, I can totally relate. sugar/carbs...such a gateway food for me.

Finally got to weigh myself and....171 lbs!!! I'm down 3 lbs from last week! :yay: Its amazing what exercise does for my body...equally amazing that even though I know how well my body responds to exercise, I haven't regularly exercised in 3 or 4 years.

Dude, we got around 6-8 inches of snow since yesterday...which I love since I'm on my days off and don't have to drive anywhere. Its nuts though...I'm really used to snow since I grew up in Iowa, but it never ceases to make me giggle when we get more than a light dusting and people in Texas act like the apocalypse is upon us. :rolleyes:

berryblondeboys
12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
WOW!! I sure have days when my diet is just like this YouTube video. :D:D

This is just too funny to pass up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=FrTbnczYAd4&feature=player_embedded

Larry

If only I was as unsuccessful as Ormie the Pig. The last two days was a gorge fest on chocolate chip cookies!!!

Italiannie
12-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all having a great day. I'm enjoying reading all of the posts. Great encouragement.
This is one of the toughest weeks of the year for weight management. Let's do our best to be successful, and not beat ourselves up for setbacks. Life is good!

194.6 Start of week
194.6 - Yesterday
194.0 - Today -.6
189 - New Year's Goal
147 - Long Term Goal

Moondance
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Happy Tuesday!

Totally missed Monday. My office was being moved from one side of the building to the renovated-other side. I was out of commission most of the day. Plus I went for my annual. Why is the dr.'s scale 4 pounds heavier???? How annoying to be back in the 190's on their scale! Good thing my scale is right!:D

Busy unpacking, going to lunch, then the dentist, so I don't have time for personals. But I do want to remind you all to stay vigilant and strong during these times of temptation! Don't eat your emotions! Remember there is always more if a taste or two won't completely satisfy. YOU CAN DO IT!

Happy 1st Day of Hanukkah to those who celebrate!:stardav:

berryblondeboys
12-20-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm back from the doctor's office. They were just checking my thyroid this time. Was going to mention my blood pressure reeping back up a bit, but they took it two times on to different machines and two different people taking it and both times it came back perfect. Go figure... It might be a thyroid thing though that was raise it a bit ago.

What I did learn is that my thyroid is still a bit low 4.15. The best it has gotten is 3.15 and then within 6 months it down to 10.25 - which was 2 months ago. So it is getting better (went from 75 to 88 on dosage), but it is not there yet. Ugh. I have a thyroid check in 6 weeks again and then a physical in 4 months April. Now to decide if I should start seen an endocrinologist or not. My doct seems quite happy with the 4.15 and was completely happy with the 3.15, but I don't think an endocrinologist would be.

The doctor was going overt my chart and said, you are still taking 20 mg of lisinopril? And I said that I hadn't been taking it for months and months (which is when he double checked my bp to make sure it was ok). My chart hadn't been updated with that the last time I was in. It was then when he saw my chart and looked more carefully and then he was impressed - 80 pounds in one year. He said I was his poster child that losing weight and getting fit is the best prescription to better health. And, it is and it was the whole point of this last year.

After the appt I went to the store and now I'm just chilling. Signed up for BodyStep for tomorrow. It's been eons sinc I've gone and I'm actually missing it!

ItsMyTurn
12-20-2011, 06:06 PM
leaning - Great job passing on the cocoa! Love hearing the will power and the drive kept you focused :)

Misti and Melissa - Congrats on the 2 lbs a piece loss :) Water or not, nice to see that stuff that doesn't belong to us go away :D Melissa - hope you have a blast at your bodystep class!!!

ArtyKay - Great job on the loss!!! :cheer: Amazing amount of snowfall for you to enjoy! :)

Moondance - My office building has been doing a musical chairs sort of thing, changing areas of the office while others are being rennovated also!!! We are hoping to have our whole building done by Feb. They had to raise the floor, so did 1/4 section at a time... I honestly didn't mind too much though, as I got placed in a real office :O It's short-lived, but still very nice to feel what it's like to be "housed" at work like a bigwig ;) :lol:

After work, I have the drive home to relax, then as I walk through the door I have a phone appointment with my nutritionist...then time to do my son's injections, then supper with the family... hoping to fit in a strength training workout tonight sometime too. It's been a good day at work, was even offered overtime for Monday and Jan 2nd - both are paid holidays... so will be time and a half plus holiday pay... was no way I could say no to it with DH being out of work right now. Thinking of applying to find a 2nd job as well... just not sure how to fit in 2 jobs, with full time school, still being a parent/wife/daughter, and fitting in workouts... so ... will have to see what I figure out :D Hope you all have an awesome rest of the day!!!!

mamakat
12-20-2011, 06:56 PM
ItsMyTurn How is DD's knee. Did you ever find out what was causing the swelling? How is she doing with the treatments? You amaze me, all that to do and you do get it all in. Amazing!

SMess
12-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Howdy all,

Made it successfully to PA, despite finding out when I checked in that the airline had added an additional transfer the hour before. Davis to Sacramento to Denver to Chicago to New York. My father wouldn't let me drive in NYC even though I know it MUCH better than he does AND he didn't have his glasses so he couldn't read any of the signs. What should have been a two hour drive home took 4. GOOD GRIEF.

I did really well in the airport food-wise (the airport in Sacramento was completely saturated with the smell of Cinnabon!). I had a multigrain bagel with lowfat cream cheese for breakfast, a smoked turkey and provolone wrap with lettuce and tomato for lunch, and a turkey/provolone panini for dinner. I even resisted the orange mango smoothie that I get from Jamba Juice sometimes... too many calories! I had some fried food for dinner tonight, but it was my first night back in PA and we went out to eat so I'm not worried about it. I went food shopping earlier today and bought a TON of fresh veggies. My dad is a really crappy cook (though, to be fair, my mom was worse!) so I'm showing him how to make some simple things that won't blast his cholesterol out of the park.

The scale in the house is ancient and wayy off (I stepped on just now, and it said I was 160. Ha!) so I'm not sure what I weigh. I know it's higher than last week b/c of TTOM, but overall I think I'm doing well so far.

Whew, I'm beat. I'm going to have an early night tonight to try and catch up on some of the sleep I lost out on yesterday. Hope everyone has had a great on-plan day!

berryblondeboys
12-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Smess glad you made it to PA in one price even though it was a much longer journey than it needed to be and good job on the food choices!

Itsmyturn glad you arer happy about the overtime, but I'm stressed for you with you thinking about getting a second job!

Mamakat any writing today?

Diana TTOM finally decide to leave you alone?

mamakat
12-20-2011, 09:27 PM
OK, I read the funniest story in our town's paper. Since July a black angus bull has been running lose/escaped from a farm. He has been hanging out with the neighborhood deer. Every time the animal control get near, the deer warn the bull (who, by the way, has a name...Waldo). Can you imagine, a gang of deer hiding a black angus bull since July...that cracks me up and of course, we're all wondering "where's waldo?" THIS IS A TRUE STORY...doesn't that crack you up?

Berry yes, I finished up the chapter I was working on...turning point to story is coming up for the climax. It'll take me a few days to figure out just what I want. In the mean time, I'll work on laundry.

SMess Glad you made it safely.

Have a good night everyone :)

Misti in Seattle
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi everybody. Just reading all your posts!!

I just had a huge shock, as in YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I always weigh more at night than in the morning but decided to step on the scale (had my clothes on) and gasped... it was the same as this morning. So I hurriedly threw off my clothes and hopped back on and sure enough... DOWN a pound!!!

Then it occurred to me. For breakfast I had a tuna packet (100 calories) and 5 small crackers. And trying to remember what was for lunch it soaked in... I forgot to eat lunch! I consider that a huge NSV. Plus I was busy and didn't take time to snack at all so that was all I ate. I do try to eat often enough to keep my metabolism smoothed out but I totally forgot.

Dinner tonight is the last of my mega-slaw with a couple of steamed eggs, and later some Yonanas, so this is definitely going to be a low calorie day for me.

Mamakat, cute black angus story. When I started reading it I thought you were going to tell this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QTD7yF-L_E

Misti in Seattle
12-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks Misti and Diana! Diana, I'll definitely have to check out the lower calorie options. I drink a lot of my calories away, especially drinking soda. I'm thinking of switching to diet soda but I've heard it is bad for you...? Then again it seems like every food/drink in existence has been on the 'naughty' list at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if water turns up next! lol

Well, I am sure others will disagree, so of course you will have to make your own choice. :) But I would encourage you to do some googling on the effects of fake sugar before you switch to it. I did extensive research and I won't touch the stuff.

But again, I am sure others will say go for it. :) And that's great if you want to; just encouraging you to check it out first and make an informed decision.

Diana3271
12-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I just got home! :yikes:

I was really busy today. I am trying to wrap everything up for the year. Today I did the necessary paperwork for mechanics liens to obtain titles for vehicles that have been abandoned. We are going out of town for the Christmas holiday. I am trying to tie up some loose ends with that. There's just so much to do when it's the end of a year, start of a new year, holidays, and going out of town. :dizzy:

Berry Yes! TTOM finally left! This one was a couple days longer than it has been the last few months. TMI alert: It's not as heavy as it used to be and I am grateful for that! That's great news about your blood pressure being normal. I love my Endo. She made a difference with my weight loss. If I was still going to my original GP, I would probably be back up to almost 400 pounds again. :o If you feel you are getting good treatment and you feel good, I would stick with the GP. If not, I would seek out an Endo.

mamakat I've never heard of anything like that (the bull/deer story). It's really amazing though.

Misti/Leaning I don't use much artificial sweetener, myself. I use 1 or 2 packets a week at Starbuck's on the weekend. I also try to avoid HFCS. I try to watch a lot of that stuff in general. I think Stevia is relatively safe, though. You can make your own hot chocolate with that. Some people use artificial sweeteners and are OK with it. If you don't drink diet sodas now, I probably wouldn't start. ;)

SMess I'm glad you arrived in PA safely. Enjoy your holidays.

Moondance Hi :wave:

Itsmyturn Glad you were able to get some extra overtime planned out and that you had a good day. Did you get the strength workout in? Are you doing DVD's for your strength workouts?

ArtyKay I hear you on the apocalypse when it snows. Same here! ;)

Italiannie I hope your day went well.

Diana3271
12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Total Approx 1390 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Mushroom and blue cheese sirloin 460 calories
Steamed Broccoli 140 calories
Grilled tomatoes 50 calories

Exercise:
Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

qtkitty
12-21-2011, 12:35 AM
Diana~ Thank You good to be here

Morning Weigh in 396.4

Breakfast
Breakfast Sandwich
English Muffin 100
1/4 C egg beaters 30
1/4 C Veg 20
3 slice ham 30
1/2 slice prov 35
gum 4

Sub Total 229

Lunch( and there abouts )
Chocolate quaker Quakes 83
2 peices gum 5
Medium cafe mocha ( extra foamed milk .. less steamed milk) 300
2 cup Spinach 14
5 cherry tomatoes 20
1 short stem spear Broccili 5
1/2 cup cottage cheese 116

Sub total 543

Dinner
gum 3
Big Mac 540 ( Bad bad bad )
Apple Pie 250
few fries 50

Subtotal 843

Daily total 1615

Water Intake 96oz ( woohoo did good here today atleast )

I have had all of my shopping done ( except for a dvd player for daughter/ cause the combo dvd in her tv stopped working ). I have been putting off wrapping. I am dreading it. I wish they made prewrapped presents *LOL*

ItsMyTurn
12-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Mamakat - DD's knee is still very inflamed; only now her wrist, elbow, hip, and ankle have decided to join along. She has been periodically using her walker the last few days due to pain being so bad. We are trying to hold off until her injections/fluid draining at the start of the year. I think the colder weather has her inflamed - plus we have had more moisture the past 2 weeks (I know, rain in the desert, weird but true). We have to keep her moving though, just not doing too much. Her PT therapist has even been taking it easy on her as she has so much fluid in the joints that we are all unsure what is safe to push

SMess - I am glad you made it ok... and even though it's a pain for the ride to take longer, he feels better having "daddy" take care of ya, :) Great job staying OP for food.

Melissa - Thank you so much for saying you worry for me, it's always so nice when you know someone is out there caring :) I may have no choice but to take on a 2nd job though. DH and I have to face that it may be easier for me to get hired then for him and we have to have more income coming in. He has made me agree to wait a couple weeks before I start looking though to allow him a chance to get a head start. If he lands something first, then I won't need to - and that is what he is hoping for

Diana - I didn't know titles could be appointed to an abandoned vehicle - I figured at that point they were good for scrap only DUE to no title? I have a "Total GYm" that I use for my strength training. It's super easy transitioning in between exercises, and when I throw in cardio in between, it becomes an outright circuit training cause the heart rate never has a chance to calm down :) I did get in a short workout last night - Not as long as I initially planned due to more work being tossed my way (couldn't have asked for better timing). I will be going in at 5:45-6am every morning now instead of 7am... and for today and tomorrow, staying til 5, not 5.... this will totally help a lil something-something for the paycheck in a couple weeks and help make up for the lack of another paycheck for bills :)

qtkitty - I am with you on dreading the wrapping. It does have to be done, but dang, that's a lot of presents. Any other kids besides the DD? I have 3 :)

As for me... I will be working 11 hrs today and tomorrow, and then hoping to get in workouts when I get home (pain hasn't been too bad, so been able to do them). The nutritionist appt went well last night and she will not be contacting me for another few months :) She was very pleased with the weight loss and with the proper way I am doing it and keeping my food end totally on target. I will also be working Saturday this week - got offered that at the end of shift yesterday. So Christmas Eve I will go in super early and get in my 8 hrs before noontime, so I can leave... I have an appt to do a lady's hair (color and cut) at my house at 1:30 that day, so didn't want to risk losing that extra money either - then DH and I have to finish shopping and wrapping. This OT won't last forever... just until my 2 coworkers in adjoining department are caught back up.. so want to suck up as much of it as I can. After that, just doing hair and cooking are my only "side income" ways to bring in money, so want to keep my hair clientele pleased :D
Time to go get ready and leave for work now though... have a super OP day all!!!! If I slack a bit on checking in, please know it's not due to lack of devotion to myself, falling off plan, or health... it's simply not getting time to hit computer - though I will try to make this my first stop after MFP logs :)

mamakat
12-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Is it already Wednesday? Gosh, time really is flying these days. I'm not complaining though, the faster it flies, the sooner Spring will be here. It's so cold. Cold enough, to get into a big enough argument that bubbled over into therapy. I need a coat, I shrunk out of my old one (that's dressy b/c everything I purchased years ago had to fit my lifestye, which at the time was dressy). I saw a regular winter jacket w/hood at Job Lot for only 40 bucks, so I asked if I could get one. Yikes. I own one coat, DH own at least 6 and all of them are downstairs taking up room (who really needs that many anyway?) So the argument ensued. In the end, I believed I wasn't worth the stupid jacket. Therapist of course had a field day with that.

It's funny, I will dole out the 'you are worth it line' to anyone but me. Another bizarre thing, is I believe it for others, but I struggle with it for me. Now the fun part of my mixed up brain is I know, I'm worth it. I have two voices in my head fighting all the time, like those angel/devil voices on peoples' shoulders. One says, I'm worth it and the other says, I'm not. The logical one tries it's best to tell me it's logical not to believe the illogical. "Kat, you're smarter than this, you know you're worth it. Damn it, you need a coat, it's going to be snowing soon." And Kat knows this, I really really do, but illogical jerk always rears its head and will say something so minor. "Can't you just wait?" But waiting causes risks. One whenever I wait for anything, I tend to forget or say forget it. And two, seasonal stuff always gets pushed so I can't guarantee that dumb coats going to be there next month (or whenever).

The fun thing about these two voices, is they fight over everything, everything! It's very draining. Well therapist put a swing on it yesterday that I DID NOT LIKE, but made a big difference in how 'logical' will be dealing with 'illogical'. Illogical turns out to be 3 voices telling me, I'm not worth it. And every time illogical wins, they win. That blows, I do my best to make sure they don't win over me (weight loss has been one of my battles, that I won't allow for them to even be a part of anymore). SO now, after I drop off my kittens, this Kat is going to go buy a coat, whether we can afford it or not :D

I'll do personals later as I rambled on. :lol: Not sure how this post is weight related except that whenever times get a bit rough, we all have inner voices (some more annoying than others), but we've got to remember the third person (us) when they start fighting. Whether it be coats, or good health, we deserve it.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Italiannie
12-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi Everyone!
I'm enjoying reading your posts. Fun to get to know everyone. What a great (and busy) group you are.

194.6 Start of week
194.0 - Yesterday
193.6 - Today -.4
189 - New Year's Goal
147 - Long Term Goal

Off to do some work and finish up my last minute Christmas shopping. My DH is in the middle of installing a new hardwood floor for in my kitchen, so Thurs and Fri will be spent pulling the house back together. Glad my business is a little slower this time of year!!!!!

Have a great day.

Diana - Thanks for doing this post. Soooo helpful.

Mamakat - Enjoy your new coat

Diana3271
12-21-2011, 08:17 AM

Weigh In: 146
Down: 1.2 pounds

qtkitty
12-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Weigh in this morning 394.4 ( Blinks ... I am so keeping up with the water I think thats what did that although my ankles look no different )

ItsMyTurn~ Only one child and single. I always told myself I did not want my kid to be an only child like me, but I also said I would never have kids over 35 ( geeze that biological clock is TICKING hahaha ) Yet I am not willing to settle, so who knows. Sadly I have a tendancy to focus so much on work or my daughter I miss when guys are hitting on me ( until later then I kick myself).

Oh and I wanted to add to Yesterday at work they had a table ( right out side my office door Darn it !! ) that had peanut butter blossoms and Banana Bread. I did not even eat either one. YAY!! Todays our chistmas party, which people are bringing in snacks for all day long. ( This may be a tough one, but If there are veggies I will snag some. Sort of need to make amends for yesterdays dinner Opps

I Hope you all have wonderfull days!!

Misti in Seattle
12-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Hello everyone

Thanks for the posts... I'm reading my way through them before I head off for another day.

berryblondeboys
12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Morning all! Down another 1.8 pounds today, that's 3 pounds in three days, but i went up 7 pounds in 3 days... So it will take time. Ugh!

Munchies were really bad yesterday as I wean myself from 3 days of sugar. I ate mor than usually (-bout 1800 calories), but I munched on nonsugary things. Hoping today will be easier and less munchy. So crazy!

And Mamakat yes, you deserve a coat. So get one! And it's not even about deserving a coat. You need one! (but I tend to have similar voices in my head, so I get it)

Diana3271
12-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Hoping today will be easier and less munchy. So crazy!

Berry Sending you some :dust: for today.

Misti in Seattle
12-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Wow, go for it, Berry!!!!

And yay... I am down another pound this morning. One more and I will get to make a new mini goal ticker.

ArtyKay
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Happy Hanukkah!

I went a little bit over yesterday, but it was a scheduled high day so I didn't do too badly. It was mostly because I had a couple of DH's regular sodas...stupid snow storm. I'm out of diet and I needed my fix. :rolleyes:

I'm having a v8 this morning instead.

mamakat
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone (again)

Dumb dumb dumb voice...I didn't get the coat, I'm still fighting with myself. So now I'm reasoning, I have a vintage late 50 early 60s coat that I love, not sure if it fits yet, I have to find it first. Now although I like it and it's super cool (it just screams me :)) it belonged to my grandmother...this woman hated me since conception. So if I wear this coat (which I like) it will remind me of her, which I hate :p Gosh, I hate the voices in my head!

Berry good job on the 3 pounds down. and munchies or not, you still didn't go overboard with calories...how many calories to you shoot for a day? My MFP says 1540 for me, but my scales says 1750 and I'm still struggling with getting to 1000 most days.

Arty Happy Hanukkah. I think I'd go insane if I was out of diet soda. I can't drink my sugar, it gives me a mental belly ache :p

Misti congrats on the pound down, you are doing great.

qtkitty :welcome: I must have missed when you came in :( It's nice to have you. :) Great job on the loss. Swelling is kind of funny. When I walk I get super swollen and then sort of depressed, like I haven't lost weight, although my scale says I have. Even now that I'm wearing smaller rings, I still get that way. So don't go by swelling, it's deceiving.

About sweetner/sugar I'm of several minds on it :p A lot of people are allergic to sweetner. It can cause headaches and other problems. But then a lot of people (me) don't do so well with sugar, you know? I like the new stuff that's come out: stevia and splenda since it's derived by sugar, but the soda industry hasn't really caught on. There are some sodas, sure, but I'm one of the few who actually like the taste of the generic soda over Coke and Pepsi, call me crazy :p But I fully agree with Misti and I believe this about everything, research, research, research. It never hurts to learn, right? I'm a sweetner addict and many people have "warned" me about the evils of it, but life is dangerous, you can't go a day without some kind of pollutant, so we need to pick our battles. I choose sweetner over sugar because I want to lose fat and if I had even just a little sugar, I'd want the whole bag :D Yep, I am a sugar fiend.

Hello to everyone! Have a great day....oh and I'm down 2lbs from yesterday, new low. :D

leaningonthelord
12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Well, I am sure others will disagree, so of course you will have to make your own choice. :) But I would encourage you to do some googling on the effects of fake sugar before you switch to it. I did extensive research and I won't touch the stuff.

But again, I am sure others will say go for it. :) And that's great if you want to; just encouraging you to check it out first and make an informed decision.

I have checked into the effects of aspartame and such before. There are so many different opinions on the subject one doesn't know what to believe! I'll just have to decide for myself and find what works for me :)

In other news, I was certain I would be up a pound this morning because I had Chinese for supper last night, (granted I didn't eat all of it, a first for me lol) but when I got on the scale this morning, I hadn't gained, yay! I guess it just goes to show you CAN eat whatever you want, as long as it is in moderation. :)

berryblondeboys
12-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Just quickly hopping on to say that I have no munchies today! Yay! makes the day so much easier!

Misti in Seattle
12-21-2011, 09:14 PM
In other news, I was certain I would be up a pound this morning because I had Chinese for supper last night, (granted I didn't eat all of it, a first for me lol) but when I got on the scale this morning, I hadn't gained, yay! I guess it just goes to show you CAN eat whatever you want, as long as it is in moderation. :)

That is true if you only goal is to lose weight and, of course, it partly depends on what you want. :) But in relation to Chinese food, yes, I would agree... we are not talking "pure junk" here, ha.

But I have also learned you can eat a lot more if you eat stuff like veggies, etc. and I like to be able to eat larger portions. :) I did that tonight... wanted teriyaki chicken (which would have been okay if I did not eat a lot of it) but I decided to instead have a big green salad with grilled chicken breast. Sometimes it is worth it to eat less and have something we really want... sometimes not, at least for me. :) But I really like your thinking that we don't have to give up the things we like in order to lose weight.

Misti in Seattle
12-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Today's food

Breakfast -
Tuna salad packet (100 calories) with 4 small crackers (about 120)
Coffee with cream

Lunch -
Frozen breakfast with turkey sausage, egg whites, potatoes, small amount of cheese (220)

No snacks all day

Dinner
Grilled chicken salad from Jack-in-the-Box.

Snack later - Yonanas, still have to decide what fun kind to make tonight. Last I mixed frozen bananas, raspberries, strawberries, lemon extract.. and put a few dark choc and butterscotch chips in it. Yum... my best one yet I think, although the peach coconut was right up there too.

berryblondeboys
12-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Spoke way too soon. Made latkes for dinner as my little one begged. And then tons of Mandelbrot batter. Glad the baking is about over.

JanessaFaith
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi! I guess I will jump right in! I have not being doing too well with food this week. With the holidays coming up and knowing that after the first I am gonna crack down on myself, I think I am giving myself more leeway. That being said, I'm still losing this week!

Anyway, today I had Nutella toast for breakfast, 2 slices, with hot green tea & honey. Lunch was a Healthy Choice meal. Snack was a Little Debbie (not normal, we ran out of 100 cal packs), and dinner was chicken enchilada. Also snacked on some chocolate chips. And Skittles. Terrible, I know! I will likely have another Little Debbie or Skinny Cow ice cream before bed.

I'll be better in January! :lol:

Diana3271
12-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi Everyone! We got home late again!

I think I'm competing with Itsmyturn's work schedule. :dizzy:

Qtkitty You worked the Big Mac into your plan, so that's not bad. Your calories are still good.

Itsmyturn I have heard that there is a loop hole in the law here about titles. I don't want to risk having a problem so I go through the legal system to get a proper title. Some of the trucks have a good body, so they may be put back on the road one day. We will sell them to someone, they won't be crushed or anything like that. I've seen the Total Gym advertised on TV. It looks like a great workout. You've got to do those ladies hair! You can't allow them to go around with their grays-a-showing! ;) I hope you had a good day.

Mamakat I have those battles with the voices in my head, too, sometimes. It can be frustrating. I see you didn't get the coat. I think you should go get the coat tomorrow. You deserve the coat. You deserve to wear a coat that fits you and is warm. Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

Misti I bought some of the mint water to try.

Artykay Has the weather improved there?

Leaningontheloard I'm glad the Chinese food didn't cause a gain. I have issues with sodium, so most foods like that cause me to hold on to water weight for a few days.

Berry How did the rest of your day go with the munchies? I hope you didn't have them.

JanessaFaith Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Diana3271
12-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
Mitch Gaylord Cardio Mix and Melt w/#6 weighted ball

Misti in Seattle
12-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone. Congrats to all who had a successful day.

Diana, hope you like the mint water. Which one did you get? Please let know what you think of it. I find it to be a real appetite killer as well as being delicious.

January Snow
12-22-2011, 02:23 AM
First, congrats to everyone who had productive days!

I'm still around but I neglected to post here yesterday. Opps.

So yesterday: Around 1400 calories for the day. 40 minutes of cardio (20 treadmill/20 elliptical for a total of 3 miles) and strength training

I'm getting the impression that I eat a lot more than those of you that itemize and post calories. Today was a higher calorie (and not necessarily representative) day for me. I had:

Coffee, of course (3 cups? with a little sugarfree creamer)
1 1/2 eggs topped with sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cups of grilled chicken with brown rice, peppers and onions (heavy on peppers, light on rice)
A banana
A 70 calorie yogurt
A slice of sharp cheddar cheese
PB&J wrap using 1/2 whole wheat tortilla and reduced sugar spread
5 ounces of steak
Green beans
A small glass of red wine
Clementine

I'd say I was more in the 1700 calorie range for today, which actually doesn't sound that bad once I figured it up but it felt like a lot of food. I was initially planning just having the half a PB&J wrap for dinner, but then my husband came in and made steaks. I ate about half of my piece and put the rest away.

I did an above-average job at the gym today. Another thread asked about workout routines so here's what I did today:

18 leg raises on the stand (The stand is my term for the piece of equipment you hang from to do dips, raises, etc.)
15 pull-downs at 40lbs
18 chest presses at 40lbs
18 shoulder extensions at 40lbs (I'm blanking on what these are actually called.)
18 peck deck flys at 20lbs
12 rotating sit-ups on the stability ball holding a 8lb weighted ball
30 crunches on the stability ball with the weighted ball
6 V-ups with the weighted ball (Cheerleading exercise. Begin lying flat on your back. Simultaneously lift both your torso and legs up from the floor. At the top position, your torso should be straight up like you're sitting and legs are extended out in the toetouch or V position.)
20 bicycles with the weighted ball
An hour on the elliptical for a total of 4.55 miles

qtkitty
12-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Daily from 12/21/2011 ( yesterday now since its 4am here *lol*)

Weight 394.4

Breakfast
Secure Coffee 77
Reduced fat Cresent Veggie Pizza 70
2 slices Dark Pumpernickel Party Bread 54
1teaspoon tuna salad 8

Sub Total 209

Lunch

Reduced Fat Cresent Veggie Pizza 70 ( gave sick headache )
1 cup grapes 62
Cheese Cake Brownie 160
gum 4

Sub Total 296

Dinner
Crispy chicken salad 470
Sour cream 60
Chocolate bonbon 115
Yoplait 99% Fat Free Mountain Blueberry Yogart ( only managed to get 1/2 daughter wanted some *lol* but didn't want her own ) 85

Sub Total 730

Daily Total 1235

Drank 120oz of water today ( call me a camel *lol* but this morning when I woke up I did not have a dry mouth so bad that if felt like I borrowed a tounge from a mummy)

Reduced fat Cresent Veggie Pizza gave me a sick headache and made me feel just feel off.. I hadn't been sure in the morning since I had had a headache to begin with from sinus pressure. In the afternoon it was worse. I asked the lady what it was made from she said she made it with reduced everything ( reduced fat cresent, mirical whip, cream cheese and cheese) I tend not to do reduced fat or sugar free items ( athough my gum is sugar free) so I think it was a system shock, but it was sooooooo yummy and messy since she had PILED the veggies on it i swear about an inch thick and had them shredded basically carrots, broccili, and cauliflower. I think it would have been even better with something a touch vinagery like pickled peppers or balsalmic maybe. I am definately going to have to play with that recipe and have it again.

I REALLY enjoyed the pumpernickle bread and tuna fish salad ( although the tuna was store bought more salad dressing than tuna bleck)... I think I will have to find some of that bread at the store and make some of my own tuna salad ( with onion, celery, carrots, apple, grapes and sharp chedder cheese and light on the Mirical whip) Now that sounds like a Yummo lunch for next week. I am going to have to make a mental note to make tuna salad this weekend. The strong flavor of the bread made up for there not being much of it there and made it satisfying.

MamaKat~ Thank You nice to be here.... The swelling just annoys me. I know why it happens though. My office is ungawdly hot usually in the 80's which helps the swelling. And my computer chair pushes at the sides of my legs which reduces the circulation ( sometimes even causes what feel like bruises with out the actual bruise its self ).

Sugar free can mean all sorts of things anymore. I chew alot of gum which is why I make sure it goes on my list cause it can add up to be significant since they are between 2.5 and 4 calories a peice. I have 6 different kinds to select from in my drawer at all times, every thing from savory (Wrigley Eclipse Breeze Exotic Mint with cardamon) to sticky sweet (Stride Uber Bubble). All of them are sugar free. Is it the best thing in the world, no. However chewing sugared gum all day long would be worse. We have a little salvage store right down the road from me that sells the 3 packs for 89 cents and sometimes had a buy one get one sale so its 89 cents for 6 packs of gum!!

I myself am a Carb girl...my favorite is Wild rice ... I could sit and eat a whole plate full of that stuff. Things like couscous, Basmati Rice, Jasmin Rice, Wild Rice, gnocchi, wild variety of pastas and BREAD are my worst enemy. It is comfort food for me. When I was a kid it was not uncommon to have a bowl of Mac and Cheese with peas mixed in and apple sauce for dinner. My mom tries to stuff Mac and Cheese down my daughters throat, but at 3 she has an opinion and often flat out refuses Mac and Cheese. She would much rather have broccili. *lol* I make sure she has a wide variety of veg and fruit because I believe when she gets older she may become a vegitarian, because its a struggle to get her to eat meat.

Diana~ Not intentionally *lol* but thats how the day went.. with both my mom and I being busy and BigMacs buy one get one and having a daughter that is starving on the way home from daycare ( she is hitting another growth spurt and eating us out of house and home!! *lol* or as much as a 3 year old can) I try and save most of my alloted calories for evening meal because my mom isn't on a diet and has a love for butter, half and half and cheese. Often times these items are already added and calories sky rocket. We have had the talk about adding less and then she can add more after the fact since she likes those things, but sometimes family isn't always the biggest supporters of weight loss.

I must say every time I read your day of eating I am thinking Yum that sounds good.. do you make the chicken taco?

Misti in Seattle
12-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Hi January Snow

From what you posted it does not seem to me that you are eating too much. Just curious though... are you on a particular diet that focuses so much on eggs, meat and cheese, etc., and so light on vegetables? I know there are some diet programs that do recommend that.

Great job at the gym!!!

mamakat
12-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Today I feel like a flat soda...no fizz. I had a-not-so-good night last night. Winter is here and my body is starting to react to it. Since it hasn't even snowed here once and for the most part, sweater weather, I haven't had much pain or muscle spasms. Last night every dumb muscle below my hips decided to spasm. It wasn't as painful as I know it can be but the discomfort was enough to keep me up. SO at 12.30, I was scrubbing my tub so that I could have a super hot bath. I stayed in till 2 am. It didn't help, I finally fell asleep after 3 and woke up in pain today (arms included). Sometimes, I forget that my body can react so painfully. I had a pretty good summer and fall, so I tend to forget the pain. Then it hits and I remember. My body hates the cold. I need to see my Neurologist very soon.

So I'm up nearly a pound. I got a bit of a headache and I'm thinking I'm gonna come straight back home and go to bed. Last night's dinner wasn't that great. I reheated leftovers, that ended up tasting like fish (it was corned beef), I tossed it. Same thing happened with green beans. Who knows? SO I had two low carb pitas with peanut butter.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

berryblondeboys
12-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Mamakat I'm so sorry you a in pain. Pain is so hard to deal with and yes, you do forget until the next time it strikes. Hoping you get some relief today.

Diana3271
12-22-2011, 08:09 AM

I'll come back and do personals a little later. :coffee:

Weigh In: 146.0
No Change

leaningonthelord
12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi all! Well I did really good with my eating yesterday until about 9 pm when I had a burrito and 3 cookies :P
I usually go to sleep between 7:30 and 8:30 (I wake up at 4:30 to babysit). Well last night I had to babysit until 10:30 and I was having trouble staying awake, so I thought hmmmm, I guess I'll eat something. That might keep me awake.
True, I could have eaten something a bit healthier, but by that time of night I don't think I was thinking clearly lol. Anyway, I made it through til morning with no weight gained (and -big surprise- no weight lost, either).
For breakfast today I had a banana with some natural peanut butter. Have to go down and do my 60 min. elliptical soon.
I love reading your posts, it makes me feel like we're all in this together!

Italiannie
12-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm up a tiny bit today. Sure it will come off. Really want to be under that 190 by New Year's. My husband finished the hardwood in our kitchen. It looks fabulous!!! Of course now I have to put it all back together. Oh well, it will keep me busy and moving.

I'm up .2 since yesterday. I got a roasted turkey breast from the supermarket last night and it came with mashed potatoes and I tossed a salad. Although it was a better choice than the fried chicken they had, it was more salty than I'm used to. I was out running around, and I needed to grab something to feed my crew. Usually I like to cook. I was grateful to find something in the supermarket deli that wasn't fried or loaded with mayo or oil.

I'll be focusing on fresh fruits and vegis today - plan to make a nice big kettle of lentil and vegi soup. Yummy!

Have a great day, everyone. Love to hear what's happening in your lives.

194.6 Start of week
193.6 - Yesterday
193.8 - Today + .2
189 - New Year's Goal
147 - Long Term Goal

Moondance
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Happy Thursday!

What a crazy week! I don't think I'll attempt personals right now...too much to catch up on. Snowed in today...10 inches and counting. We were expecting it, so yesterday I spent 7 hours finishing my Christmas gift and food shopping. I was so so sore last night! The walking was good for me, for sure. We're hunkering down today, fire in the wood stove, soup in the crocpot, book in hand...I'm set! OK, not really. We do have a fire, but that's it. I'll spend the day cleaning house, preparing for the guests we'll have Friday and Saturday night. Leftovers for dinner. I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Hope you're all staying strong and on plan!! :cheer2:

ArtyKay
12-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Diana Weather's improving...most of the snow on the streets and some in the yard has turned into slush. It never sticks around long in these parts. :p

Day 3 of 4 on days off...doing oookkaaayyy...I'm ending up in the high range caloriewise. But still within my range so its not too bad.

mamakat
12-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Afternoon Update.

I came home after dropping off the kids...I drank 3 yummy cups of coffee while I worked on latest chapter. My hands and forearms aren't quite cooperating as well as I'd like, but I'm addicted to writing. :) After three cups and over an hour or so of writing, I went back to bed. I woke up at 2.15 :D My DS is participating in his first after school club since 6th grade...I sort of want to celebrate this momentous occasion, but I think drawing too much attention to it, might make him self conscious. So, I have my entire afternoon free, since my social butterfly has several clubs on Thursdays, she can't get enough of people. Now that I'm awake again, I'll work on writing again.

I had a happy little surprise this morning when I went digging into my closet for my dressy overcoat. I found a jacket/coat that is not mine and it's too small to be DH's. This is the second jacket I've found like that. It looked small, but I tried it anyway. It fit. So happy compromise-I guess. I didn't have to go out and buy one, but I found one that fits. I seriously have no idea where these jackets are coming from (suspecting DH and is odd collection of jackets/coats). We don't share a closet so I can't say for sure. But now I no longer have to fight with myself :lol:

I'm off to write. I hope you all have a great afternoon!

SMess
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey all,

I'm holding at 223.2, which is fine with me considering it's both the holidays and TTOM! I upped my weights for my ripped in 30 workout, from 2lbs to 5, and boy am I feeling it today! But I'm glad to have the new resistance, I was getting a little bored with the 2lbs.

No time for personals today - got a haircut, when gift shopping, and visited the grocery store so far today. Now I've got to get ready for an evening out with some old gal pals from high school. I am keeping up with reading everyone's posts, and it looks like everyone is doing well! I hope we all can keep up the good work going into this weekend :cheer:

January Snow
12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi Misti,

I'm on the "not on a diet" diet. :lol: Yesterday was a particularly high protein day. I usually try to get a balance of whole grains, lean meats or non-animal protein (last night's beef was from a family operation that feeds the cattle much less grain than large contained feeding operations), lower fat dairy, fruits and vegetables. The basic principles of my WOE are:

1. Mindfulness- Acknowledge what and how much I'm consuming
2. Portion control- Just eat less
3. The 95% percent rule- Try to make healthy choices 95% of the time
4. Sustainability- Maintain a WOE that I can stick with. I also try to eat local and sustainable foods when possible.
5. Whole foods- Limit the amount of processed junk I eat
6. Move more- I hit the gym an average of 6 days a week and try to move more in my daily activities.
7. Maintain the balance- Keep my calorie output greater than my intake.

In a way I admire the discipline of people who are on a specific plan, but it's not for me. My lifestyle requires flexibility that most plans don't offer. I also hate all of the associations that come with being "on a diet". Most diets are restrictive enough that you eventually have to tell people you're on one. And then you get into the questioning, which some people don't mind but I find annoying. My goal is to improve my eating habits for life. I'd like to get to the point where I don't really have to think about food anymore.

Misti in Seattle
12-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi January.

Actually I agree with you 100% about diets... they are not for me either. Just eating right and exercising. And LOL about the proteins...I can relate there too. I think every night this week I have a big salad for dinner. But tonight I stopped and bought baked chicken and just ate three pieces of it... nothing else! I will have some Yonanas later.

Diana3271
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Berry, Larry, Itsmyturn and everyone else that I might have missed: :wave:

Misti I bought the peppermint and spearmint flavored water. This particular store didn't have any other flavors.

January Snow Great job on the workout and your menu. I eat more calories than the calories I list. For example, at breakfast I don't add my calories for my cream/sugar in my coffee. I estimate it to be 200-300 calories for that. I also don't add in the calories for my vegetables in my omelet. I probably eat close to a pound of veggies. Again, I don't add that. I have done it like this since I started It give me a guideline to go by. When I say 1440 calories, it's probably closer to 1800 or maybe even more.

Qtkitty I didn't make the tacos. DH and I eat out every night during the week. We are self employed and sometimes we don't get home until late. It's a lot easier to eat out for dinner. I allot myself more calories for dinner, too. It makes it easier since we eat out.

Mamakat Sorry about you not feeling well. I hope today was a better day for you. I would love some coffee right now. ;) What is your favorite brand? I'm glad to hear you were able to get some writing done.

Leaningonthelord Did you workout on the elliptical today?

Italiannie It sounds like you made the best choice you could at the deli.

Moondance I hope you stay warm in all of that snow!

Artykay Great job staying within your calorie range.

Smess Great job in moving up in the weights! You are building strength and stamina.

Diana3271
12-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon :drool: 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Cardio/Boxing Premix) w/weighted gloves
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (standing portion from the conditioning workout) w/weighted gloves
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Boxing Workout w/weighted gloves

qtkitty
12-23-2011, 12:03 AM
This mornings weight 394.8 ( i felt in general puffy this morning and still do)

Breakfast
1/2c Oatmeal 150
21 raisins 33
1/4 tsp honey 5
1/4c whole milk 40

Gum 3

Sub total 231

Snack
1c Grapes 63
1/2 square of gramcracker 15
1 teaspoon pumpkin whip 10?

Sub total 88

Lunch ( should not have went out to lunch )
Chicken Fried Steak and mashed potatoes with Country Gravy 589
1/4 C. coleslaw 49
Subtotal 638

Dinner
Beef veggie soup 241
Eye of round roast 149
Mixed veggies 90
Beef Flavor boost 2 calories
Water 0
texas toast garlic cheese chiabata 320
1/2 c milk 75

Sub total 636

Daily total 1594

Water Intake 96 Oz

I was in the middle of cutting up carrots for my tuna salad and the power went out, so i have a weird little salad in the fridge at the moment with all the goodies in the tuna salad. Just no Tuna ...darn electric can opener *LOL*

January Snow
12-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Diana- You do a great job of making healthy choices when you eat out! Most people couldn't do what you do. Also sounds like you got quite a workout today.

qtkitty- It's awesome that you record and itemize everything. You should be proud that you went out for lunch and still turned in a low calorie day.

Today's food:
Coffee
Banana
70 calorie yogurt
1 cup chicken, mixed peppers, onions and brown rice (ah, leftovers :lol:)
Clementine
Grilled chicken sandwich using one slice of whole grain bread, ~4 oz. chicken, a little habenero cheese and ketchup
Graham cracker with a dozen chocolate chips and a squirt of reduced sugar strawberry jelly (Sometimes I eat bizarre things.)

I'd estimate that I came in around 1100 calories (maybe less) which is low for me. I'm leaving to visit family tomorrow and won't be back til Wednesday, so I'm glad I banked some calories. :carrot:

Exercise:
40 minutes on the elliptical for a total of 3 miles
Weights and core

Have a great holiday everyone!

K9Owner
12-23-2011, 03:25 AM
:xcheer:
I realize this thread has almost completely had a overturn of new members in the past month.
Many of you, I don't know, but that's ok.

I am stopping by to say I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas, filled with love and joy. I pray you make time to create some wonderful/lasting memories with the special people in your life that make your life worthwhile and meaningful. I hope that each of you will continue (or start) making healthy choices, including creating and maintaining healthy relationships with food and people.

Lastly, I pray Christ's peace to all of you. In a world full of chaos, I pray you are able to find spiritual rest and peace this Christmas season.

:grouphug:

leaningonthelord
12-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Hi all!
I am down a pound this morning :)
K9Owner thank you for the Christmas blessings!
Diana3271 yes I did my 60 minutes on the elliptical yesterday morning. I hope I can stick to it over the next few days what with all the Christmas celebrating!
I also switched to diet soda... no more empty soda calories! :)

ItsMyTurn
12-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Everyone - :wave:

Krystal - Thank you!!!! You know me :) LOL!

Diana - I love the total gym, and it's good for the kids and my parents too. Think that might be why I love so much is cause it's good for all levels.

Mamakat - Glad you have a coat, no matter the method of getting it, :lol:
Sorry I don't have time for more personals, I did catch up on the posts today though :) Off to work... my computer at work is no longer liking 3FC, so can only get on when home now - it freezes the one at work and since IT doesn't like us tinkering with the systems, nothing I can do about it. I am hoping to be home just a bit more in the future (next week and a half or so), so should be better about posting again. Have a super on-plan day!!!!!

Diana3271
12-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a fantastic day!

Weigh In: 145.4
Down: .6

Quick post for now. I will be back a little later to catch up with everyone!

mamakat
12-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday is one of those days that I wish I could have a "watch me" reminder video. Not that the whole day was bad, but let's just say, the ending was not something I ever really want to repeat again. Bluck, I feel awful right now and every bit of it is my fault.

So I slept yesterday knowing that the kittens would have clubs and I'd get a free afternoon with writing (editing and putting it in computer, really), but younger of the two decided to come home. She didn't feel like hanging out with boring people...I had no idea clubs were choices once you start. So at around 3, I hear my door open (freaks me out) then she comes in, plops down on my bed as I'm in mid sentence and starts talking. Mid sentence...I wanted to scream. About 4 hours, I did.

Eldest comes home, happy, his club was cool. He liked a couple of people and all they do is watch anime. OK, when did comes become so uninteractive. I know that's not a word. I thought the whole point was to talk and do things together. Now they just sit in a room and watch anime? They didn't even talk about it. The "leader" said if you like it, go home and finish out the season. What about promoting going to comiccon or something. Anyway, that's beside my rant's point. DS hung out in my room literally hitting and teasing his sister (which he never does...he's not physical) while I was still in mid sentence!

When making up a story from scratch, it really is hard to remember what you want to say three hours later. I kept telling them to get out. They were both stuck like glue to me. It would have been one thing if we were talking about their latest crushes (which by the way, they both have :) that's so cute), but they were teasing and fighting and driving me crazy. I tried to explain that I thought I had that one last day to myself because starting (today) they'll be home for a week...last a long time for me. Nothing I said made a difference.

And so I made a very bad and stressed out decision. I went out and got McDonald's. Normally I have no problem whatsoever getting their food and a diet coke for me and then come home and eat whatever is on hand. No problem. Last night, I had a super sized big mac meal. I have been clean since July (I believe) maybe August. Clean being no gluten also low on carbs. It did not take long for the Celiac's symptoms to kick in. The pain I felt the day before has doubled, my head hurts and my stomach is in so much pain, I want to ball up and cry. This is why I need a reminder.

Kat even when stressed out don't go for the bread, in the end it will be painful and the stress will double. Not to mention, you will gain 2.2lbs over night and chances are more in days to come. Plus eating that big mac did not help with what was stressing you out as after eating you became lethargic and had so much discomfort you slept through your husband's home coming. Remember this the next time you want to eat something not recommended or literally bad for you as a big mac and french fries were not worth the pain or gain.

Okay, it's out there :D I have a few hours before I have to get the kittens so I am going to work on the ill written stuff from yesterday. Trying to work on it and figure out what my Bipolar brain was trying to say while one kid is hitting the other is very hard. I became very perplex as to why the angel was hitting the devil and the devil was taking it with laughter. We were all in a weird place yesterday :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Misti in Seattle
12-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Good morning, everyone. I have just a few minutes before time to head off for work.

Wow, yesterday there was food all over the place, and several times I was really tempted, especially by the Lindt gourmet chocolates and the lemon bars. But I took a plate and put a few slices of tomatoes, sliced onion, mini carrot, celery and a couple of grape tomatoes. Whew, made it LOL. So for my reward I am UP two pounds this morning. AIYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE oh well

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Italiannie
12-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm up .8 too. I was on plan, but I did eat a few large bowls of Lentil Soup. Hoping it's just H2O weight, but it is what it is. I was almost going to fib and report no change (how pathetic is that - and at Christmas LOL).
Anyway. Here are my numbers:

Start 198.5
Yesterday 193.8
Today 194.6 + .8 (-3.9 in 1 1/2 week)
Short Term Goal: Under 190 by New Years Day
Long Term Goal: 147

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'm sure you're all very busy. Enjoy the hustle and bustle.

ArtyKay
12-23-2011, 10:30 AM
I did pretty well yesterday.

B-pineapple: 140
L-Spaghetti and meatballs: 320
S- mini chocolate: 45
S-pan fried curry chickpeas: 410
D-meatball sandwich: 405
beer: 96

Total: 1415

The chickpeas were a bit high in calories, but soooooo good and I pan fried them in 1 tbs of canola oil so I got some good fats in. I saved 1/4 cup to mix in with a can of tuna for a snack/small meal tomorrow when I go back to work.

I'm thinking next time I'll just drizzle the oil, toss them in the curry powder, garlic powder and turmeric, and broil them instead of frying.

ArtyKay
12-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Uggghh, I need a new scale. The one I have is a decent one...its the kind where you can track your weight loss, estimate your bmi, ect. The only thing is its being weird. For the past year, you have to kind of slam it on the floor for it to turn on, or scootch it around the room until it turns on. The past week, no matter how much I slam it on the floor I can't get it to turn on. :rolleyes: It just flashes "L" at you.

So I think its time to say goodbye and get a new scale. I know I want a digital one...I'm wondering if its going to say a different weight from my dino-scale. hmm....

berryblondeboys
12-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Morning all! I have a super busy day, but I'll make it through.

Delivered a tray with 124 pieces of Mandelbrot to Henry's school and the tray of 60 gingerbread for Henry's first grade today for their gingerbread activity. Now it's off to the store to buy for Christmas eve and day meals and then, somehow I need to squeeze in time to make that tablecloth for my husband, then help him pick frames for new glasses and then make Christmas eve dinner and if by some miracle there is still time, make cookies for my family and wrap presents. Phew! And dinner for tonight too has to fit in there...yikes!

Diana3271
12-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

Qtkitty Ha Ha! Did you get that tuna salad made? Power always goes at the wrong time.

January Snow Have a safe trip and enjoy your family.

K9 Hi :wave: Thanks for stopping by and sharing your Christmas spirit with us.

Leaningonthelord Great job on the pound!

Itsmyturn My computer at work doesn't like 3FC's either. No worries about the personals. We know you have been very busy. I am so amazed at all you get done! I hope you had a great day!

Mamakat I'm sorry about the Big Mac fiasco. I hope you felt better as the day went on. I can only imagine what you are feeling.

Misti Did you have any sauces yesterday with the veggies? The 2 pounds could be from sodium.

Italiannie Hi :wave: I hope you had a great day.

Artykay Love me some curry! :D You beat the scale to death! :lol: Yep, I think you need a new one! ;)

Berry Did you get it all done! You have been so busy! I read your post about water weight/glycogen. Interesting stuff.

Diana3271
12-23-2011, 11:56 PM
I ate less calories than I normally eat. I planned this because I will have a higher calorie day tomorrow and Sunday. Here's the funny thing. I was satisfied and didn't get hungry. Maybe the vegetables and cottage cheese was more satisfying than what I normally eat.

I forgot to mention something from the other day. We were talking about artificial sweetener and sodas, etc. There is a "diet" soda that uses Stevia instead of artificial sweeteners. It's called Zevia. I wanted to mention this in case someone wants to try it. http://www.zevia.com/

Total Approx 1240 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Steamed cauliflower/broccoli 105
high fiber English Muffin 100 calories
Cinnamon
Pumpkin butter 20 calories
1/2 cup cottage cheese 100 caloires

Dinner (500 Calories)
6 grilled chicken tenderloins 200 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
Anni Mairs Life Force w/#3's and #5's

berryblondeboys
12-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Just quickly popping in. Made two huge pots of stuffed sour cabbage for tomorrow night, batter for linzer cookies and homemade marzipan ready to shape tomorrow too and then I forgot i needed to make some tomato sauce with the tomatoes I bought cheap at the store this week. AND, I made a felt tablecloth with trim and some decorations for DHs Christmas present (he's been asking for it for a long time. And volunteered at my sons school today for an hour and made dinner - egg noodles with slightly creamy kale.

I'm beat....and another full day tomorrow.

Misti in Seattle
12-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Hi all

Diana, no, the veggies I had were fresh and raw... no sauces. I did the same thing today with all the food. Had two tomato slices, fresh onions, a couple of baby carrots, a stick of celery and a couple of cherry tomatoes... oh and a strawberry. :)

And yes I know everybody says it is just water but it still weighs the same and doesn't look good on me. :) I did weigh the same tonight when I got home from work though as I did this morning so that is good.

mamakat
12-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana Thank you, I was sluggish all day yesterday, but I'm happy to report the aches went away (didn't even take Tylenol this time...that's huge!) and tummy is still grumbling, but is way better. I know better, I just wish I could remember better :) I just saw an ad on the soda and was curious if they sold it in stores nationwide, if so I'll ask DH to pick some up for a try. I hope you have a great weekend!

Berry I couldn't imagine even doing half that on a good day. You and ItsMyTurn impressed the heck out of me. Did you even have time to eat yesterday? Can I ask why your DH wants a tablecloth? My DH is getting all kitchen stuff. :lol: before the kids were born, I made a stink, don't you dare get me a household appliance for xmas. Seemed like it was more for the house than me, funny, how things change. I hope you have a great weekend!

Misti keep doing what you're doing, good things will start happening on that scale. Whatever you do, when you start feeling like it's not working, remember you can sit on a stool now. Remember you NSV's maybe even write them down as encouragement and reminders. You are doing great things for your body, even if the scale is being mean. I hope you have a great weekend.

Arty I think you need to splurge and get yourself a new scale :) I got one from JobLot during the summer. I decided to change my weigh in to 6am in the mornings and take the hit from scale changes on the first day of school. It was a few pounds, but they came off quick enough. I couldn't figure my dumb scale out for a week (I'm not handy with anything that plugs in or uses batteries). But now I feel it's just another part of the family. He can make me happy or tick me off just as well as the rest of them :) I hope you have a great weekend!

Italiannie no need to fib as you are the one who needs to be aware most and even if you did fib to others, you still know. Besides, the truth will set you free and help you to move forward to a brighter and better day :) I hope you have a great weekend!

I want to wish all my friends Happy Holidays. I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Italiannie
12-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Good weigh in today. Just need to get that 3.6+ off for my New Year Challenge.

Start 198.5
Yesterday 194.6
Today 193.6 -1 (-4.9 in 1 1/2 week)
Short Term Goal: Under 190 by New Years Day
Long Term Goal: 147

Hi Everyone, It sounds like some good food will be passed around for the holiday. I know we're all very busy, so I hope everyone finds some time to relax and enjoy their family and friends.

I don't write much, but I do read all of your posts, and I appreciate all of you. All so different. It's great fun and a huge help to be accountable on a daily basis, so thanks for being there. I'm grateful for each of you.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Happy Holiday!

Diana3271
12-24-2011, 10:05 AM

I ate lower calories yesterday. I planned this since I have some higher calorie days coming up. The foods I had must have been a good combo of protein/carbs for me because I stayed satisfied all day. It looks like I have been dropping the water weight from TTOM and the allergic reaction. I was taking Allegra every other day. I saw a lower dosage (60mg vs 180 mg) of Allegra at the store yesterday and spoke with the pharmacist about it. I am going to start taking the lower dosage every day. I plan on doing his until the first of the year. We are going out of town for the holidays. I will be eating at new places. We know what kind of drama that causes for me with this crazy allergy.

Weigh In: 145.0
Down: .4

mamakat I'm glad the pain subsided some. DH and I were just talking about something similar this morning. He's a diabetic. A few months back he was doing pretty good with his eating. He fell off the wagon big time! His choice for breakfast is a Poptart, pastry, donuts, etc. Not good! He eats carbs/sweets all day. He has been complaining about hurting really badly and just feeling awful, in general. Anyways ;) this morning he mentioned about the joints in his fingers hurting. It's hard talking to DH about sugar because he kinda "zones out" when I bring it up. I asked him if he knew that sugar was an inflammatory and causes arthritis like pain in the joints. He said yes that he could tell he had this going on. He said he was going to make some changes after the first of the year and he was tired of feeling bad. We'll see what happens. ;) It's amazing the effects of different foods on us. Also, everyone is different. I have issues with sodium, other people don't seem to have these issues. Also, even though we know how foods effect us, it's so hard staying away from them. I know that if I eat heavy carbs/sweets that I will struggle with cravings. What do I do? I will indulge in these foods the first chance that I can work them in. :o :D

Misti in Seattle
12-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Happy Christmas Eve, everyone.

Just rushing through, as my friend is picking me up in about an hour to go to a wildlife preserve on a photoshoot and I am still not out of bed LOL.

Mamakat, yes it is a good idea to write everything down. When I was here before I had an Excel database with a weight graph and NSV list, etc. Hmmm come to think about it, that is probably still in my other computer. Although I hate to have to move the weight thing back up from what it was earlier, ha.

I am back at 273 this morning. I really want that 272 so I can make a new ticker and I *really* want to hit the 260s as that does not sound as bad.

Stay on track over the next week or so, everyone! I am determined... I don't want to do a lot of damage I will have to pay for later, ha.

mamakat
12-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Diana Last year when we discovered I had Celiac's, I researched that stuff like mad. I learned that everything, minus cancer, could be related to the Celiac's. Of course, in my case, it wasn't but the Celiac's aggravated all the other things. There have even been cases where people have been diagnosed Bipolar due to Celiac's/gluten allergy. Same thing with the MD. I have noticed that my muscular problem is a lot less now that I eat clean. It amazes me that one tiny protein can affect a body that much. And sugar, too. But sometimes I and I'm sure others like me, forget. Sometimes the comfort food that I know will hurt me later, comforts me long enough to breathe. I wish protein did that for me, but it doesn't. So now it will take me two weeks to become clean again, but it only takes me about two-three days to stop craving the sugar. It's hard to say no even when you KNOW it's bad for your body. :)

qtkitty
12-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Sitting here wrapping christmas presents as I wait for the pages to load *lol* Thank goodness my dd had to finish her christmas card to me, so I have been banned to my room YAY *lol* Maybe tonight will not be another 3 am getting to bed night * crosses my fingers * I am thinking I either got dd to much stuff or I am an ungawdly slow wrapper MEEP!!!

I am so proud of myself Last night I went to a friends house to take over christmas presents. Her dh works at a pizza place and asked if I wanted some dessert pizza. I said no thank you. My friend is trying diet as well so he knows not to push hahaha.

Yesterdays weigh in 396.6
This Mornings weigh in 394.0

Breakfast
Breakfast sandwich 220
gum 4
Sub Total 224

Lunch
1 1/2 c Tuna Salad 318
4 slices Pumpernickle bread 93
Gum 10
Sub Total 421

Snack
Quaker Carmel Corn 68

Dinner
Beef veggie soup 241

1 am snack ( I was up til 3 wrapping tum started growling like a fiend *lol*)
Tomatoe Bacon Dip and Crackers 400 ( guessing till I can find out real totals on that )

Daily Total 1354

Water Intake 72

January Snow ~ I actually email myself at every meal while I am at work with what I ate and take a few moments to look up calories online. I have an hour lunch so there is plenty of time to look up calories *LOL* As for making Lunch out work. It works out sometimes. I even reduced calories on my favorite meal at Perkin's the kickin chicken which has an ungawdly amount of calories just in the sandwich. I asked for a grilled chicken breast instead of the breaded fried crispy chicken. Then when it came out I took off one peice of the pepper jack cheese and some of the fried onion. I also opted for Brocilli with out butter instead of the fries which I never finish. I still get the same yum factor but with much less calories. Maybe someday I will have the will power to cut the sandwich in half. I end up leaving a bit of sandwich every time and being so full I am miserable ( I still have the complex that you have to have a clean plate, instead of when your full stop. )Next time I go there I think I will ask for a box with my meal and to start with cut the sandwich in half and put half in the box for the next days work lunch.

Diana~ Yes I got the Tuna Salad made. I have not had it since before my daughter was born 3+ years ago. I remembered after I ate it my tummy doesn't like fish although I love the taste of fish. My tummy didn't hurt to bad, but I felt woosy and could not drink a lot of water for the next few hours. So my water numbers were down. In reality the Tuna Salad doesn't have much Tuna in it its mostly other stuff. I think next time I may try with out the cheese and see if I really miss that.
BTW Pumpkin butter YUM!!!

MyTuna Salad
2 lrg cans (2 cups)Tuna 500
1/2c mircale whip 320
2 TBSP dill pickle cubes 10
Med Apple 72
1 c grapes 63
2 stalks celery 20
1/2c Carrots 35
1/4 sweet onion 16
2 oz cheese 240
Total 1276

Aprox 6 c of Tuna Salad
1c serving =213c

SMess
12-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey all!

Went over to a friends house, and she had a working scale! Woo hoo! I'm at 222, down a pound from when I left CA on Monday. 3 pounds to go beforeI hit my Jan. 1st goal. Normally I'd say it's a piece of cake, but considering it's the holidays, I should probably leave cake out of it! :p

Off to do a big mess of prep for tomorrow's dinner. Hopefully I'll get it all done and still have time to ACTUALLY do personals! Till then, I hope everyone has a great on-plan day! :cheer2:

Misti in Seattle
12-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone

Just flying through again... went photoshooting with a friend today; just got home and am off to a Christmas Eve service at church soon.

I've done great today. Had a 100 calorie tuna packet and five small crackers for breakfast. By the time we stopped for lunch I was really hungry but the name of the place reminded me... LOL it was "Fatburger." So I had a few chunks of grilled chicken (very stingy portion) with lots of fresh veggies and guacamole; just ate half of the sandwich. I did eat a piece of chicken just now. Will probably finish the sandwich after church.

I bought lots of veggies and stuff to make more of my special coleslaw. I have sure been eating a lot of that stuff lately but I like having it around.

Diana3271
12-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Total Approx 1555 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (340 Calories)
Steamed veggies 120 calories
High Fiber English Muffin 100 calories
cinnamon
cottage cheese 100 calories
Pumpkin butter 20 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
Cabbage 200 calories
Wholesome Hamburger helper 350 calories
1/8 pumpkin pie 300 calories

Exercise
Cathe's MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves
1000 jump ropes

qtkitty
12-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Waiting for dd to really be asleep so I can finish my job wrapping here tonight.

This Mornings weigh in 394.0

Breakfast
Uhm ... opps i did not make it

Lunch
1c Tuna Salad 213
1 toastd English muffin 100
1/2 c peas 60
Sub Total 373

Dinner
Grilled Cheese Sandwich ( mom made it while I was cleaning the dinning room with dd)
2 slices velveta sliced cheese 120
2 slices potatoe bread 180
1 Tbsp butter 100
Sub Total 400

Late Night ..Errr Snack
1 c Milk 150
slightly less than 1 oz cheese 100
slightly less than 2 Ginger cookies 40
3 Baby Carots 20
5 Grapes 20 ( i may add more grapes so biumping this ) 65
Sub Total 375330

Daily Total 11481103
Daily Water Intake ( bad girl ) 48 oz

ArtyKay~*lol * I believe in the owners manual it says when you have to drop kick the scale its time for a new one *LOL*... mine i had to put new batteries in. I read somewhere that scales after a couple of years of use scales start gradually loosing accuracy and can be off my as much as 20 lbs.

Merry Christmas to all .... and I am off to wrap presents ... ( dread dread dread ... here I come 3 am bed time woohoo) * grumbles* more like 4 am and now I am not sleepy. Oh well least I can get all warm in my covers yay!!

Diana3271
12-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Merry Christmas, Everyone! I hope you have a wonderful day that's filled with love and joy. I hope your New Year is filled with Blessings, good health, and happiness. Thank you so much for being a part of this journey with me. :grouphug:

I think either the seasoning (ham) in my cabbage or the sodium in the hamburger helper jumped on me. Either way, I was 100% on plan, in a good calorie range and I worked out. That's all I can do. :dunno:

Weigh In: 146.6
Up: 1.6 pounds

Diana3271
12-25-2011, 08:21 AM
The countdown to the New Year is here! I hope you have a wonderful week! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/249094-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-12-25-a.html#post4146006