Goal! - 67lbs gone! New pics and updated info!

sontaikle
12-17-2011, 06:47 PM
80+ POUNDS LOST IN TOTAL

Update 8/13/12 - new pictures, I think they're nicer :)

Update 5/22/12 - I added a link to a picture of my torso :)

Update 5/13/12 - New picture of me at 115 (finally, right?) and I updated my measurements.

Update 1/12/12 - I'm trying to figure out what exactly happened, but it turns out my scale was off by 10lbs...making me weigh 10lbs heavier than I actually was. My starting weight is still 200lbs because I weighed that much at the doctor's office just before I went to college. I also know I weighed more than 200 pounds at some point...meaning I must have lost nearly 100lbs over all, but nearly 80lbs since that moment before I started college.

Since I'd started this journey though, I've lost 69 pounds. I don't know if my pictures are accurate or not, but I've still lost the weight and that's what matters.

I've fixed my progress pictures to better reflect what I actually weighed.

You can read more about this here (http://www.healthplusfifty.com/2012/01/my-scale-was-offand-i-happy-about-it.html)

Update 12/28/11 - I added two new pictures of me at 133 pounds and before and after measurements.

Okay, I think it's time for my goal post :) You all have helped me so much so time to give back and inspire some others!

I've lost 65 pounds in total and it's been a really wonderful and interesting journey to get here. Technically I've lost the majority of this weight since May, but I really began a whole "living healthy" process about seven years ago, when I was 16. Seven years of changing my habits and slowly moving toward a healthy life have gotten me to the point where I am now.

As I continue I look forward to my new challenge: maintenance.

My story begins in childhood. I was overweight and always the fat kid for as long as I can remember. My mother tells me of a time when I was underweight—before kindergarten apparently—but I don't remember it. The only memories I have are growing up overweight and wishing that I were thin and pretty like the other girls. In addition to my weight I was different in that I didn't like "girly" things. I would much prefer to play video games than put on makeup or play with a barbie…this only made it harder for me to make friends.

In most of elementary school and middle school I hated myself. I had friends but I felt so alone. I was convinced that losing weight would make everything better that I twice tried to do it. When I was 12 I tried starving myself but only lasted a day and when I was 13 I rode my bike every day in the summer. That was my first success; I managed to go from a size 16 to a 14. Although that particular pair of jeans when compared to ones I have now is a bit smaller than the 14s I wore this time around.

When I entered high school my weight ballooned because I was no longer playing soccer. I likely weighed much more than my starting weight here, but I'm unsure what it was. I was a size 18 and despite the fact that I was my biggest ever, I was also very happy. I made wonderful friends and learned to love myself.

It was during high school that my mother took me to the gym and I began taking step classes. I loved it!! I went down to a 14/16 (thus, probably losing weight. I don't know how much).

In college I started eating healthier and made even more awesome friends who taught me to love myself for who I was ;) I know my weight entering college was 200lbs because of my doctor's appointment and I remember not really caring all that much because I was pretty happy with myself. In college I also started lifting weights and went down to a 12/14 without losing weight.

In graduate school, December 2010 (a YEAR ago! :)), I decided to cut my portions not to lose weight but to stop myself from feeling so sick and full after meals. I lost eight pounds as a result. I unfortunately went back to old habits but maintained that 8 pound loss throughout my last semester in graduate school.

In May, just as I was getting ready to graduate I decided to try again. Eventually I added calorie counting to the mix and…here I am. I never dreamed I would lose 65 pounds in my life. I never thought I could weigh this little.

I know there are some folks out there that would be mortified to be on the high end of the healthy BMI, but I'm really happy with my body right now. It's not perfect, but who is? ;)

One piece of advice to anyone thinking of beginning…learn to love yourself. It was because I learned to love who I was that I was able to begin losing weight.

And now for what you've all been waiting for…the pictures!

Starting Pictures (200+ lbs)

Taken in Summer 2008 when I was in Venice. Still is one of my favorite pictures of me :)
http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/progress1.jpg

Taken May 2010, just before I finished my undergrad.
http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/progress5.jpg

Transition Pictures

Haha one of my favorites again! Nintendo World! I'm 150 pounds in this picture. I love living in New York ;)
http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/progress4.jpg

This one is taken at the end of August 2011 in Philly. I'm 147 pounds here
http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/progress3.jpg

High school reunion!! October 2011, 136 pounds.
http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/progress2.jpg

125 pounds - reached 12/12/11

http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/progress6.jpg
I didn't lose weight, I'm just more concentrated awesome. ;)

I'm a size 2/4 in the above picture :)

123 pounds

http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/imag0235.jpg http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/imag0233.jpg

111-112 pounds
http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/progress.jpg
Yes, that is a Gir bag :)

Chart
This chart is a little inaccurate. My scale was weighing me in 10lbs heavier, but you can still see the rate at which I lost weight

I weigh daily and I started charting my progress at 192 pounds on May 3, 2011
http://healthplusfifty.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/screen-shot-2011-12-16-at-friday-december-16-2011-12-09-16-pm.png

I'd like to thank all of you here at 3FC. I joined up when I had lost 30 pounds and with all of your support I was able to lose another 35. Thank you all SO MUCH for being there for me and giving me a place where I could talk about my successes and struggles.

rainydays
12-17-2011, 06:54 PM
I've been waiting to see your final pictures--you look fantastic!! So happy for you! :D

ChickieChicks
12-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Look at that steady weight loss...you go! I'm just awed...you look..AMAZING! It's obvious that you enjoyed life, no matter what size, but now you can enjoy it with a bangin' body! ;) CONGRATS!

free1
12-17-2011, 07:32 PM
CONGRATS.....You look awesome!!!! More than the pictures, I LOVED your story and your obvious love of yourself and your life. You deserve to feel great!

Italiannie
12-17-2011, 09:44 PM
You're a Rock Star! :dancer: Congratulations!

jillnicole03
12-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Gorgeous!
Great JOB!!!! :D

theox
12-17-2011, 10:40 PM
WTG sontaikle! Good job! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

qtkitty
12-18-2011, 02:14 AM
WOOHOO Congratulations!!

I must say the very first photo looks as if its something from lane bryant or some high end clothes magizine!! Very professional looking and must say your beautiful

sarcruze
12-18-2011, 02:34 AM
U GO GIRL!!! U look so great and so little.

DaughteroftheKing
12-18-2011, 03:36 AM
WOW- you look SO amazing!! Love your confidence- and that hair!!!

sontaikle
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Aww thanks so much everyone!! <3

I love my hair and I was so glad I didn't have the problem that some people did where they lose some due to weight loss. I was so happy I avoided that!

It's been so interesting losing this weight and while my life has improved I'm glad I enjoyed life as I was and didn't wait until I lost weight. I've had a lot of interesting experiences and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

WOOHOO Congratulations!!

I must say the very first photo looks as if its something from lane bryant or some high end clothes magizine!! Very professional looking and must say your beautiful

Awww Thanks! :) I have a lot of nice shots from my study abroad because I happened to go with a lot of art majors who were into photography. :joker:

MariaS
12-18-2011, 02:47 PM
'I didn't lose weight, I'm just more concentrated awesome'

I love this, congrats! You look great :)

Dianeofnka
12-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I think you look fantastic! What a great story you have about your journey.

sunshyne08
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Congratulations! You look amazing, and add me to the list of those loving your hair. :)

LisaTcan
12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Congrats! You look beautiful

2ndLt Jays ArmyWife
12-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Congratulations! You look confident and fabulous!

thefrenchgirl
12-19-2011, 10:42 AM
You look gorgeous! Congratulations!

SparkleBE
12-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Congratulations! :yay: You look amazing, confident and happy - and you look great in all of those pictures! And I agree with the others – your hair is gorgeous!

jttw18
12-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Oh WOW! Congrats on transforming so beautifully! You really blew me away with your weight lost. I hope that you'll be able to maintain your wanted weight and continue living a great life.

Awesome job! :hug:

Ready2BThinna
12-20-2011, 03:01 AM
I sense you possessed a beautiful appreciation of life even prior to this fantastic accomplishment. Now, you are absolutely RADIANT :sunny:

Elliemar
12-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Well done - you look fantastic (and I love your hair too!) :)

sontaikle
12-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Thank you so much everyone!! <3 You are all making me blush! :)

And thanks for the compliments on my hair. It's taken me eight years to figure out the formula so it's NOT a frizzy mess! :joker:

katie2689
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
OMG gorgeous!!!! You were beautiful before but DAYOM! banging body for sure!!! What was your eating and workout routine like?!?!

And I am right there with you as far as the high end of a healthy BMI goes--I have just under 5'3 and my goal is 125-130!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING so I dont know how much more you could lose to get to a "healthier" BMI because you are already a size 2/4!!!

Ahh soo motivating!! Thank you thank :)

Riestrella
12-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Huge congratulations, you look incredible! I love your outfit in your goal picture, you have an awesome style - the kind that I want when I reach my goal! Nerdy, with a hint of girly ;p.

Krizstyling
12-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Amazing!! First of all, I <3 NY haha, I work there but live in Jersey and swear it truly is the best.

Couldn't agree with you more, to succeed you MUST love yourself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you said that was still one of your favorite pictures of yourself!!! You rarely see that on the forum so it is awesome to see!

And lastly, you look AMAZING! Hardwork, dedication pays off. We are very similar in build so I am *fingers crossed* hoping my tummy can get as flat as yours during the next 16 pounds!

Again, awesome work!

RaisingThemLeft
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
You look wonderful! You are beautiful in all of the pictures. You have great skin and awesome hair too.

RRB2
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
You look amazing! Great job!

sontaikle
12-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Thank you everyone! :)

OMG gorgeous!!!! You were beautiful before but DAYOM! banging body for sure!!! What was your eating and workout routine like?!?!

And I am right there with you as far as the high end of a healthy BMI goes--I have just under 5'3 and my goal is 125-130!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING so I dont know how much more you could lose to get to a "healthier" BMI because you are already a size 2/4!!!

Ahh soo motivating!! Thank you thank :)

Thanks! :) Glad to see someone else who isn't running for the really low end of the BMI. We can look totally awesome on the high end! ;) Good luck!

I ate around 1200-1400 calories, especially after I hit 50 pounds down. While I didn't pay attention to the nutritional content, I tried to choose things high in protein over carbs. Some days it worked, some days it didn't. I still ate pizza and fast food occasionally, I just made sure I worked it into my daily calories. Same thing with going out to eat every weekend

I work out about 5 times a week (sometimes more) doing cardio and strength training. My cardio generally comes from the spin classes, kickboxing and step classes, but I always mix it up. I lift heavy one day a week and lighter throughout the week mixed in with my cardio. I always vary my workouts and I think that's helped me lose steadily.

For a while I did run up to 2 miles a day, but I stopped when I was 158 pounds or so. My knees were bothering me and I didn't want to do any damage to them. Taking away running didn't actually slow down my losses...if anything I think I might have lost faster.

Huge congratulations, you look incredible! I love your outfit in your goal picture, you have an awesome style - the kind that I want when I reach my goal! Nerdy, with a hint of girly ;p.

Haha thanks! :) Nerdy girls represent!

Amazing!! First of all, I <3 NY haha, I work there but live in Jersey and swear it truly is the best.

Couldn't agree with you more, to succeed you MUST love yourself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you said that was still one of your favorite pictures of yourself!!! You rarely see that on the forum so it is awesome to see!

And lastly, you look AMAZING! Hardwork, dedication pays off. We are very similar in build so I am *fingers crossed* hoping my tummy can get as flat as yours during the next 16 pounds!

Again, awesome work!

I really think it's important to love yourself regardless of what you look like :) and I really love that first picture of me even though I'm 200lbs because I know I'm having the time of my life. I was studying abroad, I had saved up two years to do it and it had finally happened! My hard work paid off and I got to go to Italy again like I had always wanted.

My stomach is actually far from flat, haha! :joker: I've just learned to dress to make it look flat. I'll have to take a picture to show you guys one day...but I think it's mainly extra skin that I've wound up with. I'm hoping it'll shrink down as I give my body a break and maintain.

ckatgo
12-22-2011, 07:27 AM
You look awesome! Wow!!

InsideMe
12-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Girl you are looking sooooo good! I just saw this post, been offline for a couple days but I have been following you and you are a total inspiration for me :) :congrat: :cp: :cheer: I am so very proud of you and your story tells me I can do it too :hug:

jessica2231
12-22-2011, 10:01 AM
great job darling!! you are definetly an inspiraion!!!

sontaikle
12-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Thank you so much everyone! :)

Girl you are looking sooooo good! I just saw this post, been offline for a couple days but I have been following you and you are a total inspiration for me :) :congrat: :cp: :cheer: I am so very proud of you and your story tells me I can do it too :hug:

Aww thanks! :) I'm very touched that I am an inspiration to you! :hug:

Oleander
12-26-2011, 08:41 PM
You look FANTASTIC! Congratulations :)

eypierce
12-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Wow! What a very touching story! It has truly inspired me and made me to push harder and it made me realize it is possible to get to my goal weight. Thank you for sharing this! Also might I add, you have amazing hair!!

beth4365
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Thank you very much for sharing your story and wisdom with us. We all need to love ourselves a little more.

Your success will inspire me both to stick to my plan today AND to be a little kinder to myself in the coming days.

Best wishes to you and to those you love.

sontaikle
12-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Wow everyone, thank you so much for the compliments! I'm so touched I could inspire people. :hug:

I added some new pictures to the first page and added my measurements!

Turtle Mommy
12-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Congrats!!

Icey21
12-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Congrats Great Job!!! You look amazing!

MissGuided
12-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Not that you weren't beautiful before, but you did an amazing job!
Definitely motivational to look at your pictures. Thank you for sharing! :)

Esofia
12-31-2011, 05:34 PM
A rather belated - Congratulations! You look fabulous!

GiddyupKaos
01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Awesome pics.. I havent' been on here in a while.. Thanks for the inspiration!!!! :) GREAT JOB!!!! :D

sontaikle
01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Thank you so much everyone! :)!!

baker23
01-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Your such a beautiful person and an inspiration. I love that how even in your heaviest photos you seem to be enjoying life to the fulliest. Again great job :)

runningfromfat
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
You look absolutely amazing! I really enjoyed seeing your progress photos too because I know we have similar body types. I hope I look half that good at goal. :D

Isn't it wonderful what lifting will do for a body? ;)

tyedyegoddess
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
How wonderful! What a transformation! I'm really just starting out with the determination to lose, so seeing this is really wonderful. I'm also motivated by your scale tracking. How neat to be able to see the difference as it's happening! Congratulations :)

sweetnlow28
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Wow, you look beautiful! You should be very proud. I love your hair too :)

AzJade
01-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Congratulations!!!!

sontaikle
01-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Thank you everyone! <3

You look absolutely amazing! I really enjoyed seeing your progress photos too because I know we have similar body types. I hope I look half that good at goal. :D

Isn't it wonderful what lifting will do for a body? ;)

Thank you! :)

Yes, I love weight lifting and I want to keep challenging myself and seeing changes even though I'm at goal! :)

How wonderful! What a transformation! I'm really just starting out with the determination to lose, so seeing this is really wonderful. I'm also motivated by your scale tracking. How neat to be able to see the difference as it's happening! Congratulations :)

Thanks! :DD

Keeping track of my weight is really fun, but it really helped when I felt my weight loss was slow (which it really wasn't at all, it was actually pretty fast). I could pull up the graph and see that I was losing at a pretty steady rate and I felt better.

treasureBelle
01-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow, well done you! That's an awesome achievement, and you look brilliant. :)

Chubbykins
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
You're on the upper end of awesome! ... not normal :D

NoMoreKnit
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Wow!! Stunning Transformation, you look great! Congrats on all your hard work!!

jeminijad
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Your progress is almost exactly what I'm hoping for: 75lb loss, from 215 to 140 at 5'6". have always been chubby.

You've inspired me here on day 3!

SmooVeshea
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
That chart is so cool it really shows your progress though you had your ups & downs during your journey. CONGRATS!!!

sontaikle
01-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Thank you everyone!! :D

KawaiiCandie
01-05-2012, 02:29 AM
wow, that's great!! i also love that you learned to love yourself BEFORE you lost all the weight... really great story...

AND totally jealous of your sailor moon t-shirt :p

<3 sailor moon

Princess Squish
01-05-2012, 07:08 AM
You're so beautiful and the transformation just takes the cake!
Great job!!!

Nocturneluna
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM
You are an inspiration! You have definitely showed me that it is achievable to get down to the goal weight you desire. I eventually want to be 130 but my goal right now is 150. I LOVE YOUR SAILOR MOON SHIRT. I am an anime geek too and just recently got my boyfriend to start watching InuYasha. hehehe.

Anyways, I know you will keep it off and congrats~! You rock =D

beaka
01-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Amazing! Definitely inspirational!

Healthhappy
01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm new -- and old -er -- I just wanted to comment that what was truly inspirational is that you seemed to love yourself no matter your weight-- very inspirational -- a message for all women :) thank you

segosia
01-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm new -- and old -er -- I just wanted to comment that what was truly inspirational is that you seemed to love yourself no matter your weight-- very inspirational -- a message for all women :) thank you

I'm old. Not sure if -er than you! I'm still reading about the diet, but think I'll try it. I hope I can still lose at a decent rate!

Buutastic
01-08-2012, 09:44 AM
You really look so amazing, congratulations!!!

TiffNeedsChange
01-08-2012, 11:36 AM
You look fantastic, I am in a similar situation that you were in. I was never "skinny" though now that I look at picture of myself I have to say what was I thinking when I called myself fat! I was always bigger and felt like I was different, seeing everyone posts and pictures here is helping me to realize that I can be skinny in a realistic way... for some reason before now I never believed that I could be skinny. You look great, congratulations :)

twinieten
01-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Impressive loss! You look amazing, and yes, totally jelly over that outfit!

MablesGirl
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Congratulations! You look wonderful!

aubrianaelizabeth
01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
you look amazing !!

sontaikle
01-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Thank you everyone :)

There was an error with my scale that I explain on the first post. I still look the same though.

scjp926
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Wow you look amazing!! How often did you work out/how was your diet? I need some motivation!

mrsmurphy
01-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Omg you look amazing! I read your story and I felt like I was reading my own! lol. The childhood part... My parents always tell me that I was always so thin and they used to take me to the doctor because they thought something was wrong with me. However, that faded quickly. I too was overweight MY WHOLE LIFE!! I am just now at 26 taking care of it. And I too absolutely LOVE MYSELF. I am actually really happy, the only reason I am losing weight is to get healthy. Not to please others... as I was doing with all other attempts before! It makes me feel inspired when i see that you were also overweight your whole life and gives me the motivation to keep going forward!! Thank you!!!

kimicat76
01-15-2012, 03:02 PM
CONGRATS!!! I will keep you in mind while im doing my weight loss =) ive been slacking since october >.< but im back on track now! I LOVE YOUR SAILOR MOON SHIRT!!! I have it in white =P SAILOR JUPITER RULES!! :D

sontaikle
01-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow you look amazing!! How often did you work out/how was your diet? I need some motivation!

Thank you :)

I work out 5 or 6 days a week and I ALWAYS vary it. I strength train with heavy weights one day a week and lift lighter weights throughout the week.

I have a good mix of cardio and strength training.

I calorie count, but most recently I've been eating low carb/high protein (and I still calorie count)

Omg you look amazing! I read your story and I felt like I was reading my own! lol. The childhood part... My parents always tell me that I was always so thin and they used to take me to the doctor because they thought something was wrong with me. However, that faded quickly. I too was overweight MY WHOLE LIFE!! I am just now at 26 taking care of it. And I too absolutely LOVE MYSELF. I am actually really happy, the only reason I am losing weight is to get healthy. Not to please others... as I was doing with all other attempts before! It makes me feel inspired when i see that you were also overweight your whole life and gives me the motivation to keep going forward!! Thank you!!!

Thank you!! :hug: I'm so glad you are loving yourself! That's an important first step.

CONGRATS!!! I will keep you in mind while im doing my weight loss =) ive been slacking since october >.< but im back on track now! I LOVE YOUR SAILOR MOON SHIRT!!! I have it in white =P SAILOR JUPITER RULES!! :D

Thank you! Yay sailor moon! :)

HeatherElizabeth
01-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Wow! This is awesome motivation. You look soo gorgeous, before and after! I hope to someday soon have such an awesome story to share with the world. Thank you for posting :)

GobabyGoGO
01-16-2012, 11:52 PM
I want your Sailor Moon t-shirt so bad!!!!! ^_^ also you look great

xJox
01-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Amazing. You rock!

RoseRR
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Congrats!! you look great

CANi2012
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Inspirational!!!! You go girl!

miliminime
01-18-2012, 11:32 PM
You look so good! Your hair is great (I really need to embrace my curly hair more!) and your attitude is even better. You're such an inspiration to me, especially because my starting and goal weights are really similar to yours. I hope I can look half as good as you! :)

getinspired
01-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Congrats! That's amazing! New motivation for me.

Clara Cuppicake
01-19-2012, 02:31 AM
You look absolutely amazing :D you were so beautiful before too, but wow, such a transformation - huge well done to you, and you just boosted my motivation hugely, heheh :D <3 I hope i can do the same as you :D <3

Seashell84
01-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Wow! You look so amazing!

Beach Patrol
01-24-2012, 04:30 PM
FAB-BOO!!!!! Way to go!!! You've done it!!!

and yes, I'm very "jelly" of those purple skinny jeans :D

Diamondonalandmine
01-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Great job!!!

LAgreeneyes
01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! You look BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!! Great job!

sontaikle
01-27-2012, 09:33 AM
awww thank you so much everyone! :) :hug:

Melokoton
01-27-2012, 09:05 PM
What an inspiration!!

uselessknowledge
01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow, amazing job! Congrats, you look great :)

Dulo27
01-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Bella! awesome job, u look great!

Butterfly1987
01-30-2012, 07:11 PM
WOW well done!!! What a stunner you are!!

smad11
02-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Wow... what an inspirations - congratulations =)

imperialistic
02-15-2012, 01:02 PM
You are looking absolutely excellent. Thanks for posting your chart, I love seeing those.
I'm in the same boat, I've always been overweight and I did convince myself that losing the weight would solve all my problems. It did get better for me too in high school- but not as well as I'd like it to. Funny how we think weight solves all the problems right?
But you seem like you were pretty confident even before the weight loss which is great to hear :) So congratulations, you look great!

Samantha Daisy
02-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Wow you look really great! Could you give me an example of what a typical week of eating consisted of for you when you were losing weight? Everyone always says lots of veggies and lean meats, but I would like to hear specific meals and everything. I'm trying to make meal plans but I always run out of ideas! Also what is your weight training plan like? I do circuit training right now but I'm thinking I need to add more weights.
Sorry for all the questions, but your weight loss is inspiring!

jlee1284
03-06-2012, 04:18 AM
amazing! i'm totally inspired!

autodidact
03-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Congratulations!

Elladorine
03-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Awesome work! Love the Nintendo and especially the Sailor Moon shirts too! :D

Love Guardian
03-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Wow congratulations on such a dramatic success! I hope I can pull it off the same as you have. :) You are an inspiration. I actually am very jealous of your Sailor Moon shirt... I want one!

Elizabetti
03-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Incredible! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to fully love yourself at any weight, being mean to yourself doesn't help when you're trying to make a change. Congrats!

ETLM
03-17-2012, 12:20 AM
oh my gosh!!! you like a completely new person!! congrats!!

MiZTaCCen
03-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Wow, I didn't have motivation before and I just got it! You look AMAZING!

P.S I love love love your yoshi and sailor moon shirts! hehe.

Curvaliscious
04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
You were beautiful to begin with! Congratulations. Very inspiring!

Onedaysmaller
04-06-2012, 06:07 AM
You look wonderful! Congratulations!

lisasweetsmarie
04-10-2012, 11:31 PM
how motivational!! you look really good!

sousou
04-13-2012, 11:17 AM
wow, u look amazing, really inspiring, I just started my journey to loose weight , congrat !

WilloW176
04-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Congrats You look amazing. This is so motivational for me as I'm your height so the photos really show how I would look like. GREAT JOB!!!

Butterfly1987
04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
You are a BABE! You look amazing.. and yep I'm totally jelly of your skinny purple jeans and T-shirt!

FattyFatFat
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Looking great !!!

jenjulia
04-19-2012, 04:06 PM
You look amazing and an inspiration! Great job!!!

lily1991
04-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Congrats :)
U look amazziiinnnngggggg

fatferretfanatic
04-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Congratulations! You have really gone through an amazing transition!

UrthWurm
04-20-2012, 03:42 AM
You look fabulous!! Very inspirational. Especially since we're similar in height, starting weight, and goal weight. I hope I get there quickly and can join in celebration with you!

kimmy125
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
WOW! You look great! Congrats on your success.

jaydapotata
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
You look so amazing! The transformation and different stages was cool to see, instead of just before and after. More inspiration into my little 'Road to Weight Loss' piggy bank now. :3

i33BabyGirl33i
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
sontaikle you look amazing and I love your sailor moon shirt :)

tammay
05-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Wonderful pics and story. And kudos to you for starting your whole healthy eating journey early (at the age of 16). I know if I had started at that age, I would be in a totally different position than I am today.

Djuna

Heather157
05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Congrats! You look great! And WOW. you lost it really fast!

sontaikle
05-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Thank you so much everyone!! :hug: I just added a new picture of me at 115lbs :)

Dreamer2012
06-02-2012, 08:37 AM
You look FANTASTIC! Well done on all the hard work you have put in! :D

psychedout
06-02-2012, 10:50 AM
You look amazing and are such an inspiration!

Alita
06-02-2012, 05:54 PM
wow you look amazing! Congrats :D!

NerdyNurse
06-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I didn't lose weight, I'm just more concentrated awesome.

lol..I LOVE that. Congratulations on meeting your goal. You look great!

Runic
06-10-2012, 08:15 PM
It was because I learned to love who I was that I was able to begin losing weight.

This has been very true for me as well. Thank you for sharing your story. You look really happy in all of your pictures and I love that. :D

CarryOnLosing
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Your journey is so inspirational! Congratulations!

Firecracker777
07-05-2012, 11:55 PM
You look amazing!! Congrats!!

gmadoll
07-06-2012, 02:43 AM
80+ POUNDS LOST IN TOTAL

One piece of advice to anyone thinking of beginning…learn to love yourself. It was because I learned to love who I was that I was able to begin losing weight.

Congratulations on such awesome work and I really like your advice about loving yourself which is very hard to do because it's hard to leave the 'loathing' place and now I think I'm ready to leave that negative loathing place and start loving myself so here I go and thank you for such great inspiration! :carrot:

AllisonR
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Amazing job! You look so good. I aspire to be like you.

Did you join a program to learn to count calories? And what about workouts?

VioletDolphin83
07-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Congrats!! The pictures are great. Well done!:)

girlieyorkie
07-31-2012, 06:22 AM
Congrats. WTG!

walktheroad
07-31-2012, 04:12 PM
What an awesome story. Congratulations on your success.

First day here, and I just gravitate to the success stories!

Firegirl
08-06-2012, 11:23 AM
What an amazing journey!! Congratulations on accomplishing your goal. I AM MOTIVATED!!

sontaikle
08-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Thank you so much everyone! <3 you all inspire me to stay on track :) Just posted a new picture because I liked how it showed off my body.

Congratulations on such awesome work and I really like your advice about loving yourself which is very hard to do because it's hard to leave the 'loathing' place and now I think I'm ready to leave that negative loathing place and start loving myself so here I go and thank you for such great inspiration! :carrot:

It's very difficult to do! It took me YEARS to get to the point where I could love myself, and it all started with something small, my hair (http://healthplusfifty.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/my-hair/). Once I learned to embrace that I began to see myself in a new light. :)

Amazing job! You look so good. I aspire to be like you.

Did you join a program to learn to count calories? And what about workouts?

Nope! I just googled "calories in x" when I was looking for the calories for a certain item. I know most calorie counts by heart now. Workouts are done at my gym where I've been going for 8 years: either in the group fitness classes or before them (where I'm lifting heavy). Sometimes I'll trek over to another gym to lift, or I'll do bodyweight exercises inbetween sitting on the computer :)

TiffNeedsChange
08-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks for all of tbe support you provide and I just have to say wow! You look gorgeous and I love that cute outfit in your newest pic!

Borgie
08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Phenomenal!!!

Lulu Jones
08-13-2012, 03:49 PM
You look so good!!!! Beautiful! Congratulations.

Choosing foods high in protein over carbs has helped me to lose weight and keep it off as well and I couldn't agree with you more on your comment about loving yourself....That is the secret ingredient to any diet or workout plan...

Lulu

Campana
08-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Congratulations!! You look great!

alitorry
08-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Awesome transformation!!! you look so GREAT!!
you give me hope :) to lose my last 20 pounds. How did you lose the last bit of your weight? I'm finding it difficult after 60 pounds..

sontaikle
08-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Awesome transformation!!! you look so GREAT!!
you give me hope :) to lose my last 20 pounds. How did you lose the last bit of your weight? I'm finding it difficult after 60 pounds..

Lifting!

I never actually intended to get down this low, but I think that all the heavy lifting I did really helped! It came off slowly, but slow and steady wins the race :)

SoulSurvivor
08-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Wow :) absolutely amazing.. so inspirational! Congratulations on your beautiful body!!!

Ladybug10
08-15-2012, 06:43 PM
You look beautiful in every picture! I'm beyond jealous of your hair. Mine refuses to curl for longer than five minutes. lol. I adore the Yoshi and Sailor Moon tops. Congratulations on such an amazing job well done. :)

Lauracore
08-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Congrats!!! :)

creolebarbie
08-21-2012, 09:25 AM
i LOVE ThE NEW Pics!! YOU ARE SUCh A MOTiVATiON FOR ME! ThANK YOU FOR ShARiNG AND kEEPiNG US UPDATED!! <3 :)

mich4965
08-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Great job, congratulations! Very inspirational. :)

kimsatelophobia
08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
You look fantastic!

LUCYWA
09-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow congrats on a job well done. Keep up the good work you look totally different. You are a real inspiration.
Lucy

2Dy2MrwAlwys
11-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Inspirational!! We're near the same height and starting weights, so I bookmarked this page to lift me up when I'm feeling down. :)

Ellaroxy321
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
wow! :hug:

Health Nut
11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Oh my goodness! HUGE inspiration! Your build is almost exactly like mine and our starting weights aren't very different...
Good work!

Mozzy
12-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Congrats!!!!

Jhasaret
12-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Wow! You look AMAZING!! GREAT JOB, i LOVE your HAIR(:

Mara
12-06-2012, 02:50 PM
You look great!

survivinglife19
12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
WOW! Beautiful before AND after. I'm so happy for you, amazing transformation. You must be so proud :)

PunkRockerMum
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
WOW WOW WOW!! :carrot: I'm so impressed with your pictures!! It gives me hope and inspiration. I've bookmarked your page so I can read more later when I have time to get an idea of *how* you did it.

nk513535
12-25-2012, 06:14 PM
I LOVE your pic @ 125#s! that outfit is super cute! and definitely an inspiration. :)