Old 12-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Calm before the storm

Wow, it is SO quiet around here! So few posts lately! I guess lots of people are gearing up for New Years. Then it will be crazy busy! I love the new energy in January.

I am just trying to get through the next 2 weeks without eating any cookies. That is my goal! I am low carbing so cookies are not on plan for me right now. I am making them for the kids, though. I will have a nice, on plan Christmas dinner

How are you guys doing? Going to lose some weight or maintain over the next 2 weeks?
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I am going to try to lose weight but if I just maintain my last official weigh in, I will be proud. I've already had one planned Christmas dinner and one unplanned food event. I'm just hoping these repairing muscles will fix those extra calories!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Ahh, that must be it. I was wondering why it was so quiet.

Cookies and candy used to be my downfall. My relatives have them out all over the house. I have been on plan since March (lowish carb calorie counting) and honestly it has been easy for me to resist them lately (at work we have been receiving gift baskets from vendors on a daily basis) so I am planning to stay on the wagon over the holidays.

I will go up to maintenance calories on Christmas Day if I want (didn't on Thanksgiving) but other than that, I an planning to stick to my calories.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to Belize for a week and all my meals will be at the place where we are staying. I've stayed there before and am hoping to stay close to plan and get a lot of exercise since I won't have much control over the food. They just make a couple of things for each meal, not like a restaurant.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

We went to a party at a country club last night and they served upside down apple pie with ice cream. I ate it and didn't sleep well all night and am skipping breakfast this morning. I'd forgotten how eating something that sweet makes me feel, LOUSY. I'm just trying to not gain before New Year's. Good luck to all of us.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:20 AM   #6  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I'm trying very hard to keep my mind off of fudge and cookies
So far I've have been staying on plan. What I'm planning on doing this year is eating Christmas Eve and Christmas Day goodies...and then Monday the 26th going right back on plan. That way I have something to look forward to and I don't think 2 day's of extra eating will get me off track too bad.
I planned my eating this way for last Thanksgiving and as it turned out I got very full really fast and could not even eat anything else for a long time. So I only gained 2 Lbs. on Thanksgiving but I lost it quickly because I think it was mostly sodium water gain from the ham.
So I do hope that I get full fast and don't end up being able to eat as much as I thought I could.
Today I felt so hungry for something sweet! So I had bought a bag of clementines the other day. I peeled a couple and they were so good- they tasted like candy. It completely satisfied my sweet tooth and there was no guilt! Yay- I can do this!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

It looks like we have some good plans in place. I travel for Christmas and don't have to do a lot of cooking, so that helps. My family is very big on getting together, but our holiday meals tend to stray from the traditional. My one SIL loves to try different recipes and I think we're having gumbo since the last time we had it, everyone raved about it and decided it could be this year's Christmas dinner.

Of course, there will be sweets and snacks. i just have to use common sense. Unfortunately, common sense usually flies out the window as soon as it smells chocolate, peanuts, sugar, or vanilla extract!

Hope everyone has a great week. We can do this!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Lynn. Good to "see" you.

I haven't been here in months, but been thinking a lot about getting back on-plan. Of course, 3FC is the first place I come to when I think of going back on plan! Love this place. Need to start coming back again daily.

Like you, I like my low carb. I'll probably go back on my plan for a couple of months, then switch it up. Southbeach worked well for me in the past. Might try that again. No matter what plan I do choose, I just know that I need to stick with it!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #9  

hi Rhonda!! How ya been?

I have a new plan for LIFE in place. I spent all week reading and thinking about it and got it together so that when I am done with Medifast I have something structured to switch to. I am using Medifast to get through the holidays and until I get sick of it and want to quit.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I have 2 months of Medifast left. I'm trying to save it for when I know that I'm 100% ready to do it again. I can't afford to order any more at this point and don't want to waste it! LOL. I'm thinking that the day after Christmas might be a good time.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #11  

Good idea. I always feel bad if I do a day or two and then go off plan, "wasting" the food! It's better to do several weeks in a row at least, to get some pounds off. I want to get at least to Jan 1 on it and then we'll see.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #12  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

It has been super quiet around here, I noticed that as well!

As for me, I am doing a plan right now that is absolutely perfect for my needs, but one that can't be discussed openly here on 3FC due to policies. However it is has eliminated my cravings for carbs, my hunger, and my food sensitivities while helping me lose weight and is a winner in my book.

I already made it through a ladies craft night (which is a junk food rest) completely on plan and was SO proud of myself. At Christmas I will just tell my inlaws that my diet is specific and strict for my food issues, and I ate before I came and cannot have anything served. I think it will be quite freeing, actually

Working out has been out of the equation this week due to my being tired, but I will set out to do my normal block beginning tomorrow morning, at my usual time duration.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #13  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

For the most part my storm already happened. We are going to a friend's for Christmas but I'm not too worried about that because here there's more of a focus on meat than sweets and meat isn't a big trigger food for me.

I'm actually really happy about how things went. I had two business trips+family/friends visiting and I weighed-in this morning at 169lbs but it's TOM so I think there might even be a drop in a few days! God only knows how that happened! I've been trying to get in some mini-workouts and make the best choices possible even though we've been eating out almost non-stop for a couple of weeks now. I'm actually really happy to be back home and able to eat my usual meals. I even got in a swim this morning and I feel normal once again.

Good luck everyone!!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I am trying to maintain this week. If I can get through Christmas and Christmas eve without gaining I will be happy. We are going out for Pizza and beer on Christmas eve so I will try not to have too much of either. Christmas we are going to a friend's house. I plan to eat as on plan as I can and not take any leftovers home. I like the no cookies goal. It is a good one for this time of year.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote