Support Groups - Woman of Color #5

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Woman of Color #5

Matilda08
12-16-2011, 11:21 AM
YAY:carrot::carrot: we are on our 5th thread and although we havent been as active we really need to keep it going and continue to support each other. 2011 hasnt been the best year for me I ha ve gained 20lbs this year :( But I am confidents that I can get the ball back rolling. I hope that you guys get back active because we NEED all the support we can get.

Lets get this party started:):hug:

lilneezy
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
We all need support!! I am 16 lbs away from my goal. If I decide to lose more then i will. However, my goal for now is 180.

Matilda08
12-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Nice work! I am going to really take it up a notch because I need to get back on plan. My sisters wedding in 6/1 and I need to lose some weight for it. I would like to get to 210 or lower I have gained weight in 2011 I need to get on track for 2012 its always a roller coaster ride for me. I NEED to focus

free1
12-27-2011, 11:23 AM
So glad to find everyone here. Introduction...I've been on this journey since April. I've gone from a 24W to a 14W (although I tried on a regular 16 the other day and it fit). I'm going shopping for new year's eve and am hoping to buy something that is not in the Women's section :). I haven't weighed since July because I'm TERRIFIED of scales and don't want to get my hopes crushed :(

Trying to get all of this licious back in order :)

beaka
12-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Hey, everyone! Glad to see you're still keeping the thread going! I haven't had a great year in weight loss either, but I am ending the year a little less than I started it. I'm really amped up to meet my weight loss goals in 2012. I'm on the 17 day diet, and it's going good so far. I'm on day 3 of cycle 1.

beaka
01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Where y'all at?!?!

Matilda08
01-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey Beaka Im here! What diet is this that you are doing? What are you eating and what is off limits? I want to start the fat smash detox to get the ball rolling I need to get back on the ball!

beaka
01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi, Matilda! There's a 17 day diet book. There are for cycles. In the first one I have lean proteins (chicken, turkey, fish, eggs), "cleansing vegetables," 2 servings of fruit, 2 servings of yogurt, green tea, and lots of water.

Kede
01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey Good People.

I thought I would say a quick hello. It was nice to see a thread for women of color. I started my weight loss journey in 2010 and I can defiantly testify to anyone that you can and will meet your goals. Well, I'll see you good people on the thread :-)

kede

Matilda08
01-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Welcome Kede!!! Congrats on your progress so far!

Beaka I think come monday I will start the fat smash detox. Last time I did it I lost 9lbs in the nine days. I need something to jump start my plan I am not doing good lately!

beaka
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Kede: Glad you're here! Over 100lbs lost already?!?! AMAZING!!!

Matilda: You need some tough love!!! You better be back on it by Monday! :coach:

Kede
01-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Matilda and beaka. I hope you both are doing well. I see y'all are doing good on your journeys too. I hope to be way down by this summer. I actually started to journeys around the same time. I went natural dec. 2009. and then went on my weight loss journey summer 2010. :-).

see you on the forumns,
kede

free1
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Hiya Kede and WELCOME!!!! Congrats on your success so far.

Anybody know of a good Zumba type workout on DVD? I like moderate impact. Everything I've seen is incredibly fast or they're dancing to songs like "back that thing up." So, not me. Thoughts or suggestions anyone?

beaka
01-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Happy Friday, Ladies!!!

Tricia Fierce
01-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi ladies,

Happy Friday and Happy New Year!

I've been a part of the 3FC community for a little while but regularly post on only one thread. Was just browsing thru the forum and came across this one! Definitely nice to see a thread dedicated to women of color. I'll be checking in with y'all!

beaka - nice blog! I like your Life Lessons from Running :)
free1 - I can't recommend any Zumba dvds but I do recommend checking YouTube for some good Zumba routines. Most of the routines are only a few mins for one song (I play a bunch of them consecutively in a playlist - it works!) but there are a few routines that run longer - and I know there's at least one that's like 30 mins. Check that out!

Kede
01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Happy Friday too lovely ladies! hi free1 and tricia. I love the pic and quote tricia. I was going to write and say the same thing free1 about zumba. I'm all about the freebies on zumba. They'll have you sweating and moving and shaking in no time. What other excercises do you all do? I do mostlly Shapley Secrets (called Abdonda) and occassional walking?>. Have a good weekeknd y'all

beaka
01-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Thanks for checking out the blog, Tricia! I plan to get some new posts up over the next week.

Kede: I've taken up running. I also like to do kickboxing and Zumba. I love Jillian Michaels workout DVDs too.

Aunrio
01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

I have just recently joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I was glad to see some women a little more like me. It helps to feel like you are the only one facing the struggle. Nice to meet you!

beaka
01-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi, Aunrio! We're glad to have you! Looks like you've made some awesome progress already!

beaka
01-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey, energie! Glad to see you back around! Your goal is tough, but achievable if you stay focused. I've been using the MyFitnessPal app. I love the way I'm able to track, and it works well for giving people individual support.

If anyone uses MFP, I'm HealthyBlkGirl on there! :)

Tricia Fierce
01-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone! I hope your day is going well. Just checking in to report I lost 3.6lbs last week - I weigh in every Tuesday in my WeightWatchers meeting. Since then I've been extra motivated to stay on-plan!

energie- good luck with your challenge! I aim tountil April 1 to have lost 30 lbs but by 5/13 (my birthday) I aim to have lost 45 lbs altogether!

So I just read a really good blog post by one of my fave weight-loss bloggers and a part of it really got to me - thought y'all would appreciate:

There were plenty of days where I messed up and ate something I knew I shouldn’t have – not because I’m a dieter, but because I’m changing my habits and sometimes running on “auto-pilot” gets the best of us. I don’t use that as a “sign that this isn’t for me,” a “sign that I’m destined to be unhappy with myself,” or a “sign that I need to call it quits.” I use that as a reminder that change is hard, frustrating and a sign that the goals I want to achieve will require much more reflection, introspection and patience than I’d originally budgeted for in my mind.
From here: Q&A Wednesday - "Falling Off" (and "Getting Back On") the Wagon (http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/qa-wednesday/qa-wednesday-falling-off-and-getting-back-on-the-wagon/)

The lesson she discusses is a lesson I've recently learned and applied to my own journey to better health. I used to beat up on myself for slipups and get stressed over it but no more! Stress adds pounds, you know? This process is about love for myself and if I'm truly loving myself I'm going to forgive myself, learn from the mistake and move forward on this journey.

If you aren't familiar with A Black Girl's Guide to Weight Loss (http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com)already, I highly recommend it! I've learned a lot about approaching weight loss in a healthy manner from reading this blog regularly.

:goodvibes

free1
01-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Happy almost Friday everyone!

TRICIA....Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for the 30 minute ones. I'll post from the ER if something goes wrong :) By the way, I'm originally from Brooklyn too. East Flatbush baby.....

Kede...I do Walk Away The Pounds...It's not Zumba by any means or supper exciting but it was challenging enough to kickstart my weight loss but light enough to not kill me. I can't do jumping and running...I started at over 284 and just couldn't handle the jumping and running. I needed something that would work me out but not kill me. Walk Away the Pounds worked for me because I could choose to do 1., 2 or 3 miles.

Now that I'm more fit (I just bought clothes that weren't in the plus section...Yeah Me), I do more challenging Walk Away The Pounds DVDs (like the Walk and Jog and Walk Slim). I also do Tae Bo Cardio as well...Check you tube, it's there for free.

Matilda08
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I have been doing OK as far and diet. Im planning to do a nine day diet starting monday to get me back going. I havent been that bad with diet but I could be doing better.

I like just dance wii games! You get good workouts and they arent boring and they are fun and family oriented!

Have a great weekend!!

energie
01-15-2012, 12:40 AM
thanks Tricia. It looks like we have about the same goals. We can do this. That is good advice about slip ups. It is really about loving and feeling good about yourself internally.

matilda-what's your 9 day diet like?

I realized that my main challenge will be staying off the scale. I decided that instead of waiting until March for my next weigh in, I will weigh in mid Feb. Once a month weigh ins will work better for me.

Today was a good day for me. I ran for 15 minutes, walked for 20 minutes and went on the elliptical for 15 minutes... Totaling a 50 minute workout with 500 calories burned. I ate within my desired range and now its bed time.

beaka
01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone!!!

energie- Thanks for checking out the blog! Yes, I'm Leslie. I plan to get some new posts up this week. I'm terrible. :(

Tricia- Congrats on the big loss!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I can't stay away from the scale. I've been following the 17 day diet. The weight is coming off again, and I'm just above my smallest weight of 189.9. I'm feeling really good about weight loss this go round. I start my half marathon program tomorrow, so that will help a lot. One issue is that I want to eat a lot more when I run usually. I'm going to Zumba tonight.

Oh, I think I remember some of you ladies talking about having natural hair. I plan to put more about that on my blog too. :)

Aunrio
01-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi ladies,

Nice to meet you all and your stories are motivating. I am struggling to move the scale lower, but I imagine it has to be that my fitness level actually increased so that the same old workout isn't cutting it. I joined a YMCA volleyball league that starts in February to get something new added.

beaka
01-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi Aunrio! A volleyball league looks like fun! Hope that gets the scale moving!

energie
01-22-2012, 12:44 AM
beaka-how'd the weigh in go?

welcome aunrio

Today I did 70 minutes on the treadmill. So I feel good about that. My next weigh in I decided will be on Feb 1. Soooo we shall see.......

Matilda08
01-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Hello ladies so far Jan is going great down about 6lbs so I think im heading into the right direction! I hope all is well keep up the good work!!!!

Matilda08
01-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Beaka- since starting the 17 day diet how much have you lost?

beaka
01-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Hi all!!!

Last Wednesday I weighted in at exactly 190. You know I was hot about that, since I wanted to be out of the 190s! I still weigh most mornings though. I was at 188.2 Monday morning. I haven't been doing the 17 Day diet since the 1st cycle. I'm doing a lot of working out, so I think I need the carbs. I have still been under calories though. I use MyFitnessPal to track. I've lost about 12 lbs since I started back seriously. The 17 day diet gave me the jumpstart I needed.

My half marathon training has started so I'll be getting in quite a few miles every week. I'm also throwing in the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD for strength training. I did Kickboxing today at the gym too. I've really been on it. I'm super determined to finish getting this weight off. I've been meaning to blog more, but I still haven't done that yet. :(

Congrats on your loss, Matilda!

Matilda08
01-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Thats how I feel about the fat smash detox phase one. It gives me the jump start I need to get going. I have been struggling with this for the past 4 years lol it will always be a struggle and I know that but I still would love to master it. I havent given up and I just would like to get around the 200lb mark and I would be fine with that. So hopefully by 6/1 my sisters wedding I will have made a lot of progress..........

Thanks Beaka!

Mizzthingaling
01-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Hi all. I am looking to finish what I have been doing last year. I lost about 50 pounds back in 08 and loved it until my mother had a stroke and I let myself go. I am ready to lose all of that and get to goal.

I want to fully be out of the 2s by May. I am doing the Ideal Protein protocol with added protein and just start back running yesterday. Hopefully it works with the diet. I have upped my protein to make sure my body does not eat my muscle.

Aunrio
02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Hello ladies, just thought I'd throw this question out there. Where are you shopping for your newbor reclaimed figures with decent variety and consistent sizing. I was too scared to try on some size 6 pants at the mall for fear of having my ego burst but I grabbed some $3 clearance lee jeans from Walmart which I figured I could use for weekend work if they fit or as a short term goal if they didn't. They fit as loosely as all of the 8s I have. So I went to the thrift store and discovered I could in fact fit A Gap size 6. Has any body ever used that "my best fit" machine? I was thinking about using it the next time I go through Atlanta?

Mizzthingaling
02-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Hello ladies, just thought I'd throw this question out there. Where are you shopping for your newbor reclaimed figures with decent variety and consistent sizing. I was too scared to try on some size 6 pants at the mall for fear of having my ego burst but I grabbed some $3 clearance lee jeans from Walmart which I figured I could use for weekend work if they fit or as a short term goal if they didn't. They fit as loosely as all of the 8s I have. So I went to the thrift store and discovered I could in fact fit A Gap size 6. Has any body ever used that "my best fit" machine? I was thinking about using it the next time I go through Atlanta?

I've never used it but for clothes I would suggest Ross or even TJ Maxx so that you can try on different sizes at lower prices. That way you can save until you get to your goal.

Aunrio
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Mizzthingaling, I did just that and I realized that vanity sizing has gotten ridiculous. I fit in sixes and mediums at Ross but mostly eights at Burlington. I squished myself into a four at target. The big box stores are really good for vanity sizing as sixes at Walmart fit like some of my earlier size ten pants. It will take getting used to accentuating the positive on this new body as they are not so obvious as my old curves.

Mizzthingaling
02-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Good for you Aunrio. Vanity sizing is seriously out of control at some places. It can get confusing. I wish there was one system. Then again What Not to Wear says that they make off the rack clothes for the masses not to fit each individual exactly.

free1
03-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Ladies,

What are you doing with your hair when exercising? I am African-American and work in a professional environment. I am on an exercise regimen and I work up quite a sweat. Any hair suggestions? I am wearing a braided style now but would like to switch afterwards. I'm permed right now with shoulder length hair.

My hair was actually much longer but I had to cut it after breakage. To deal with sweaty hair, I was wetting my hair every day and pulling it back in a ponytail. BAD IDEA....So, after a couple inches of a chop...I'm looking for suggestions.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my hair extremely short (a.k.a.- old Tony Braxton, Halle). However, any tips on maintaining something that short if my scalp is sweating profusely every day?

Aunrio
03-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Free1, excellent question. I am natural but wore it straightened for most of February. My workouts suffered a little bit to maintain that look. Now I know why many perms tend to stick to the bikes in the gym while naturals hit the treadmill and sweat- it- out. Didn't Nicole Ari Parker market a hair wrap to preserve your style?

Mizzthingaling
03-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Hey Free. I am also natural now but was relaxed for years. During my workout I would put it in a high, loose ponytail and wear a wrap around my edges. Later when I want to washing daily I would dry in big braids overnight.

Matilda08
03-14-2012, 11:39 AM
I hope all is well! Our thread has been so quiet lately I hope we are still hanging in there!!!!

Mizzthingaling
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm still here. Trying to get my mojo back. I am back on plan. Working on exercising. How is everyone else?

RainbowWimsii87
03-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi hi! I'm a bit new and still going around looking at forums, but I saw this one and had to say hello :).

Aunrio
03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Rainbow, welcome.

Mizzthingaling
03-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi hi! I'm a bit new and still going around looking at forums, but I saw this one and had to say hello :).

Hi Rainbow. Loving the hair. Mine was green yesterday. It was a hit.

RainbowWimsii87
03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Aunrio- Thanks!

MzzThingaling- Really? Is it still green? Right now mine isn't pink anymore, but has a ton of streaks on the edges. I've been wanting to bleach and do another color haha.

Aunrio
03-24-2012, 04:09 PM
I have got a question. How accurate do you think online % body fat calculator is considering it was probably calibrated based on a typical body for members of the majority ethnicity, which has been scientifically shown to differ somewhat in composition from ethnic minorities? Asians have different and lower cutoffs for obesity with Bmi calculations. I am wondering because I wanted to get to around 15% body fat and a leanness to see my abs but I think I might achieve that look I want at what will probably measure 18-20% body fat given my current calculations. What is your personal experience with the calculators. I had a dexascan when I was 186 pounds that put me at 31% but given my measurements an online calc suggested 35.9%.

Mizzthingaling
03-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Aunrio- Thanks!

MzzThingaling- Really? Is it still green? Right now mine isn't pink anymore, but has a ton of streaks on the edges. I've been wanting to bleach and do another color haha.

No it's blonde and brown. I did were a cute green and black wig for St. Paddy's though

Aunrio I think they are best used for estimates. There is no way they can tell you without knowing your body composition and metabolism.

Caramel33
03-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Hello ladies!!! I have been MIA all year and some of last year. I am trying to get back on track, I haved gained 12 lbs since Jan :( now weighing more than I did when I got on 3FC in Sept 2011. I had a Dr appt last week and was lectured for 30 mins about my weight and the way I eat fried foods. I was told that my body is giving signs that it is trying to fight diabetes, and that I need to change what and how I eat ASAP! I pray that I am able to get this weight off because hearing a Dr tell me that really scared me!:stress:

ObviouslyIncognito
03-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey Ladies,

My name is Natasha and I was glad to see this thread, so I decided to hop on board. I think I was a member of 3FC some time ago, but I recently rejoined and have restarted my journey again.

Well wishes to everyone :)

RainbowWimsii87
03-31-2012, 03:00 PM
MzzThingaling- That sounds fun. That's why I swear I'm happy wigs were created.

ObviouslyIncognito- Hi!

Hmm I've been wondering how do you get one of those ticker things btw. I might be doing something wrong.

Hope everyone is doing well with their journeys!

ObviouslyIncognito
03-31-2012, 03:04 PM

ObviouslyIncognito- Hi!

Hmm I've been wondering how do you get one of those ticker things btw. I might be doing something wrong.

Hope everyone is doing well with their journeys!

Hello. Apparently, you have to have made 20 posts and been a member for 20 days before you can use the signature feature. Once you get it, you can use 3FC or Ticker Factory to generate a ticker. Then cut & paste the code into your signature. I'm still waiting to accumulate enough to use the signature. :)

Mizzthingaling
03-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Hello ladies!!! I have been MIA all year and some of last year. I am trying to get back on track, I haved gained 12 lbs since Jan :( now weighing more than I did when I got on 3FC in Sept 2011. I had a Dr appt last week and was lectured for 30 mins about my weight and the way I eat fried foods. I was told that my body is giving signs that it is trying to fight diabetes, and that I need to change what and how I eat ASAP! I pray that I am able to get this weight off because hearing a Dr tell me that really scared me!:stress:

I totally understand. I want to get off of my HBP pills. You can do this.

Hey Ladies,

My name is Natasha and I was glad to see this thread, so I decided to hop on board. I think I was a member of 3FC some time ago, but I recently rejoined and have restarted my journey again.

Well wishes to everyone :)

Welcome aboard

Me too. They were like a special gift. My real hair can still live. LOL

I am still trucking. Hoping to get some real weight off before summer really hits. Trying to up my exercise game but it's coming slow.

ObviouslyIncognito
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I totally understand. I want to get off of my HBP pills. You can do this.

Welcome aboard

Me too. They were like a special gift. My real hair can still live. LOL

I am still trucking. Hoping to get some real weight off before summer really hits. Trying to up my exercise game but it's coming slow.

Thank you :)

RainbowWimsii87
04-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello. Apparently, you have to have made 20 posts and been a member for 20 days before you can use the signature feature. Once you get it, you can use 3FC or Ticker Factory to generate a ticker. Then cut & paste the code into your signature. I'm still waiting to accumulate enough to use the signature. :)

Ah. I remember reading the 20 days thing, but not the posts. ^^*. Yep, I'm waiting still too then haha. Thanks :hug:

free1
04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi guys...just wanted to jump and say hey. I'm still going...Almost down to a 12. I bought 1-2 pairs of 12 paints/capris and they actually fit. 14 regular is still more comfortable. A year ago, I was in a 22/24 (mostly 24)...so that's progress. Started C25K training to run my first 5K on June 16th. I MUST be losing my mind....:)

Aunrio
04-02-2012, 10:03 PM
free1, you go girl! Congrats on making it to your 1/2 size pants and even bigger congrats on taking up a serious challenge like the 5k. Thanks for the Monday inspiration.

Matilda08
04-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Hello and welcome to all the new people!!! Good luck on your goals just continue to stay positive and come here and check in post all around this site is great for support.

I had a great march and looking to have a even better april. Lets get it summer is coming !!!:)

meltaway
04-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Hi. New WOC here. :) Nice to meet you all. I'm here to burn the fat, and feed the muscle. I have a tangible goal of losing 50 pounds by Steptember 1st! Wish me luck ya'll. 'Luckily I actually love to exercise, it's the diet and controlling my eating (resisting cravings etc) that pulls me down. :(

I also have an unhealthy relationship with food, low SE and other issues :-/

RainbowWimsii87
04-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone!

It's past the first week of April and I hope everyone is doing fantastic and keeping with their goals!

I'm really enjoying this site. It has kept me on track.

Have a great Easter weekend!

Mizzthingaling
04-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Hey all I'm still here trying to get back on track. My exercise has still been lacking. I really need to start on my running before summer fully hits. I hate running in hot weather. I have gotten my diet back under control though. I saw some gain and cut that junk quick. I need to fit into my summer dress. I understand how you feel Meltaway.

Matilda08
04-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello everyone I hope all is well! I am on plan been doing pretty well. Trying to prepare for summer:)

KaiSum
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone! I just joined last week. I hope to get to know all of you better and I hoPe we lose the weight we all desire!

Mizzthingaling
04-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Welcome KaiSum! Matilda I am right with you. It will be a hot one and I am pushing to wear some cool clothes.

Shay
04-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone.I've been on & off this forum for years now. In & out of this thread too. Still trying to lose the same weight. I'm doing WW online now and it is going well.

Mizzthingaling
04-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Hey Shay. I've been there too. Up, down, up down. It's annoying.

RainbowWimsii87
04-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Whew did a workout for the first time in a week and it was brutal! Lol. I have exams and papers due and been blaming not working out on those, but **** it's my last semester lol. Yay for graduating and entering the real world!!

Anyways...hope to keep it up even though I slacked last week. The good side to that was...I didn't gain anything back! I definately can maintain fully now I think. Goooaallllll!!!

Hope you all are doing great and sticking to your guns!

Aunrio
04-28-2012, 03:09 AM
Congratulations on the degree! I remember trying to take advantage of the free gym my last semester. And kudos to everyone putting in work on their summer bodies. We have a little over 1.5 months. Good luck.

Matilda08
05-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello girls! I hope everyone is doing well! its been pretty quiet

free1
05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Haven't checked in for a while but I'm still here and still on plan!!! Weight loss is progressing well. I started the C25K running program and plan to run a 5K in June. I completed Week 5 of the program today and ran for 20 MINUTES...the longest I've ever run. I think the 5K is definitely in sight. Hope everyone else is well :)

Matilda08
05-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Hello ladies I hope all is well and everyone is staying on Plan!! Summer is around the corner:)

Aunrio
05-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Bathing suit season have anyone else perplexed? Given my difficulty nailing down pants and shirts that flatter my in transition body, I can't muster the energy to go bathing suit shopping. Anybody have luck shopping online with just their current measurements?

Mizzthingaling
05-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I've been way off plan. I am getting back though. I can do it. Anyone looking for a buddy?

BrandNu
05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I'd like to join! I have a long way to go still. Finished my first week of calorie counting and feeling optimistic. I did Zumba 3 times this week and did some walking and house cleaning for extra activity. It actually hasn't been that bad and its kind of fun to see how I can fit in the foods that I want and stay within my calorie count. I don't feel deprived at all!

Aunrio
05-22-2012, 07:28 AM
BrandNu,

I think that first week is the roughest. So if you got through it with few problems you are probably on your way to a good success story.

RainbowWimsii87
05-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Hey! Haven't checked in in a bit, but still pushing through! I'm doing a every other week weigh-in and surprised with the outcomes haha. I'm just happy that this is finally working. I had tried so many times in the past because everyone would tell me what is the right way and wrong and it just didn't work. Now that I have been doing it my own way I'm finally able to know I can do this! Even when I was told multiple times I'd never lose any "my" way. I am doing it! And I'm elated!

Wish everyone success with all their weight loss goals for the rest of this month!

Matilda08
05-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Hello everyone and welcome to the newbies!! This site is great for support. We can do it!!

energie
06-01-2012, 10:19 PM
hi everyone. I've been away for a few months. I made a plan earlier this year and I didn't stick to it. I was going through a lot and although it was rough, I shouldn't have allowed it to take me off track...but I did. I have to start learning how to deal with things in life in a healthy way instead of running to food. Because with life, there will always be something, it seems. So here I am.... I decided that this Monday morning(6/4/12) will be my official weigh in. The last two days have been good with eating and exercise wise. I officially started again on May 30 2012. This time I feel like it is for good. I'm back on plan. I know how good I can look and feel.I plan to check in often.I can't wait until I reach my goal of 120 pounds! I want to stay accountable to myself, get support and give it. See you all monday!

energie
06-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I decided to check in today. I worked out for 55 minutes at the track and I'm going for a walk with my sister later tonight. A few hours ago, I ordered a new scale online so I decided whatever day it arrives at my house(I'm hoping Monday, like I planned but that prob won't happen..more like Tuesday or Wednesday) I will weigh in that next morning.

hope everyone is having a good Saturday .

Domlacha
06-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Hello everyone. It is exciting to see this thread for women of color supporting each other on weight loss. Too often we are not encouraged to get in shape and build curves with muscle and toned bodies but to hold on to unnecessary fat. We aren't meant to be skinny but we are not meant to be overweight and flabby either! Good luck to all of you and I'm wishing you all success on this crazy roller-coaster:hug:!

meltaway
06-05-2012, 01:17 PM
We aren't meant to be skinny...

I think part of the problem is that we actually believe that.

Domlacha
06-08-2012, 10:24 AM

I'm hoping I didn't offend you with my comment. I'm not stating that we shouldn't be at healthy BMI's, within normal weights for our heights, and that could very well make some of us lean and thin. But when I say skinny, I'm not talking about being muscular and lean, I'm more talking about being unhealthily thin. I don't like seeing so many women of color holding on to extra pounds in the name of being "curvy" because its not its being fat. We are strong women many of use being able to build muscle mass quickly. There is so much potential within our bodies to be strong and lean. I am not discounting that. I think more women of color need to be encouraged to be healthy, which may be what you are getting at with your comment.

energie
06-09-2012, 09:16 PM

I don't, thank goodness.

Anyways. Today I weighed in at 175.5. I stood there, next to my scale for awhile wondering how I let it get to this point but I decided it is what is it. All I can do is change it. I'm so focused on reaching my goal. I have no choice.

I worked out today for 35 minutes.

Matilda08
06-11-2012, 09:47 AM
You didnt offend me but I dont want to be skinny lol! I love being a curvy thick female. Even at my goal weight I will still be over weight but more in shape and toned. I think that whats more important is how you feel about u. We are not meant to be what other people want us to be! Each person is different and most importantly genetics play a major role. Stick to a healthy diet and stay active thats what I try to do and it does help:)

getmydivaback3
06-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi all My name is Kim and I would love to be apart of this thread. I was doing pretty good for a while; lost 42 pounds and it felt good. Lately I've been having some problems with my knees and gained a few back. Today I'm starting a juice fast to try to get myself back on track. Has anyone tried this before... I don't know how long I'm going to do it, but I feel like I need something to help me out with this bingeing problem that I can't seem to get rid of. I do good for a while and then I just go crazy, and since I haven't been able to work out lately I'm hoping this fast will help me. I want to get to 175, and I'm very impatient these days. I don't want to be skinny either I absolutely love my curves, and I 've been 175 before and I was very happy with me...

HappilyMe
06-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Hello ladies,

I am the editor of a start-up wellness publication for Black woman that will launch in a few weeks. I am looking for weight loss stories from a few ladies who have lost 30 or more pounds and have kept the weight off for 6-12 months.
This is not for compensation although you will definitely receive a free copy of the issue you are featured in.
If you are interested and willing to share your inspirational weight loss story (with before and after pictures), please PM me.

Thank you!!

Aunrio
07-15-2012, 03:05 PM
I think it is rather interesting that so many women of color set a goal in weight loss that is still overweight. I am guilty of it. I have had 4 goal weights in this weight loss venture, the first two were still 10-20 pounds overweight. I didn't honestly think I could be successful, and I know my goals just seemed more achievable. I had never been a healthy weight in adulthood and honestly didn't know what my shape would look like below 180 pounds. Less boobs, more muscle, and overall healthier now but no where near the ideal figure. I'd probably need to put back on 20 pounds to be closer, but I think I will let that happen over the next few years without actively trying to get that shape. Until then, I will maintain weight and keep attempting to see my abs at least once.

Matilda08
07-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone! Hope all is well. Its pretty quiet around here....

beaka
08-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi everybody! I haven't been around for a while. Went through some family stuff and unfortunately there was a significant weight gain. I'm resetting my ticker and getting it going again. :)

SayAnythingBut
08-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Glad this exists!

Mizzthingaling
08-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Beaka I understand. It's all about getting up. Hey SayAnything.

I am still trying to get this weight off. I continue to truck along. How's everyone else doing?

beaka
08-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Mizzthingaling: I loooove your hair!!!

I've had a good weekend. Been on plan since Thursday! :carrot:

:D

beaka
08-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Where y'all at?!?! I'm on plan, but TOM is coming. :(

energie
08-17-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm here! :-)
The last time I posted here(beginning of the summer) I was 175.5... Today I'm 156 so I'm really excited. I'm 2 pounds away from my first mini goal of 154.

Ive been working so hard. How has everyone's summer been? Where did the summer go?

its good to be back!

Mizzthingaling
08-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks Beaka! I'm here. It has been a busy summer. I am still working on getting to my first big goal. My reward is a new tattoo and I really want it. I am going to try to make it by Halloween. How is everyone else?

energie
08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
My period arrived yesterday. I wanna workout anyway but its a challenge because I don't feel too well because of it today.

mizzthing, what kinda tattoo you want to get?

ZetaMD2Be
08-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey Ladies! It was nice to come across this thread today-- I haven't been on here in over a year and a half. I'm just re-starting my weight loss journey today. I joined the local gym yesterday and did my first workout in awhile today.

I've been promising myself that I would get back on it next week.. which then became to following week, and the following week for some time now. This time, I'm trying to make life changes.. the way I eat, working out more, etc. I'm still working on an eating plan (calorie counting vs weight watchers vs whatever else I can come across), but the workouts are now going to be in full effect. I'm hoping I can stick with it this time!

Mizzthingaling
08-27-2012, 04:32 AM
energie I am getting a phoenix. I haven't narrowed the design but I want it.

Zeta congrats on restarting we've all been there.

I am doing better diet wise. Still working on exercise. My energy levels have been low since TOM is near. I wish it would come on so I can stop being sleepy. Ha ha.

Meka150
08-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Mizzthingaling: I loooove your hair!!!

I want to second this your hair is gorgeous in your pic.

I remember seeing this thread when I first joined this sight but then didn't find it again until now. Are you ladies on any particular plans or just counting calories?

Mizzthingaling
08-29-2012, 07:23 AM
I want to second this your hair is gorgeous in your pic.

I remember seeing this thread when I first joined this sight but then didn't find it again until now. Are you ladies on any particular plans or just counting calories?

Thank you so much. I want to do that style again so bad but it's either been scorching or raining in MS. Here's hoping for the summer.

I stick to low carbs and intermittent fasting. I am not on any particular plan. My plan is mixed with paleo and volumetrics. I am really not that much of a bread, pasta eater anyway. I can have it once a month and not again. I am a candy or chips person. I just cut those down and stick to things that are bigger bangs for my calorie buck, such as vegetables and fruit.

Calorie counting did help me to lose 40 pounds before. I just hate keeping up with it all.

Does anyone do Callanetics here?

energie
08-29-2012, 09:07 PM
meka- right now I count calories and I do about an hour of cardio daily. I plan to go vegan within the next few months.What are your plans?

mizzthing, what's callanetics?

Meka150
08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm doing a modified version of WS (wonder slim). It's with shakes and meal replacements. You are supposed to have 7 of their items and a lean/green meal for dinner. I normally do breakfast 3 of their items and a lean/green meal. It's high protein to carb, but I'm not necessarily "low carb" however I'm a lot lower than I use to be. I try to workout 3 to 4 times a week, that is all I can seem to manage between work and school.

Mizzthingaling
08-30-2012, 04:03 AM
Energie it is a mix of ballet and stretching that uses low impact movements to make your body firmer but flexible. I personally like 10 in 10 but people have had success with all of the videos. It really does work in a short time. Google it and you can see some of the videos and reviews.

energie
09-07-2012, 06:40 AM
mizzthing-sounds interesting. :-)

how is everyone's month going so far?

coolacrity
09-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Hey, everybody! Just buzzing around the forum, going to any thread that applies to me. It's going, I suppose. Best wishes, all!

Matilda08
10-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Everyone been quiet on this board!!! Im still here just been posting on other forums...hope all is well!

Fatness
10-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Did not even know they had this tread! However, with all the searching this Morning; I found it! I don't know how active you ladies are; but I do come on the site a lot!

How are you ladies doing and how is the progress?

lisa34t
10-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I really wish this thread was more active as well, but yes its here!I will try keeping it on the top for a week or so and see if we can make it a habit to post here as well.

lisa34t
10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Hey!

ChickieBoom
10-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone. I've only been on here since September but I try to come to the forum everyday.

How are you ladies doing??

jeremy1jones
10-25-2012, 04:41 PM
i need to to reduce 20kg to reach my goal

yellsa
10-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Just found this thread. How is everyone doing?

Amany
10-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I want to join you ladies! My 40th bday is in February. I want to be healthier, and I want my weight issues to be a thing of the past!

Amany
10-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Let's simply MAKE this a more active board. We're obviously here because we need support, right? So I'm going to make a point to post 3 - 4 times a week.

A bit about me...

I've struggled with weight my entire life. The best I've ever managed it/ and felt good was when I exercised daily and simply watched what I ate. No magic. Just common sense. I wasn't skinny. However I was not fat. I was in great shape. So, now, instead of obsessing over thinness, I want to be healthy. Now that I am the first time mommy of an adorable 18 month old, it's more important than ever. Especially since I'm a SINGLE mom.

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!

I need some folks in my corner! I get that most of our body chemistry is going to work the same, regardless of ethnicity - Less input +More output= weight loss. It tends to be more challenging in our families communities though. Sometimes as we embrace "thickness" we're embracing poor health, Also, I find that amongst my friends and family, change is slow in terms of accepting that certain foods just aren't all that healthy, etc, etc, etc... I'm not trying to get on a soapbox here, I'm just trying to change my way of thinking, and strive for something better. Hopefully we all will. Just as I need support from all of you, I hope to give it as well! Teamwork!

My plan is to become more active. Exercise 5+ times a week, make it my lifestyle, and eat better. I'm reading a book by Bob Harper now called The Skinny Rules. I love it!! Common sense and it's all doable. Things like drink more water... Eat more fish... Eat your simple carbs earlier in the day... I highly recommend it.

I would love to read more about you ladies as time progresses. I will admit that I have not read the earlier pages of the thread, but I will try to get to it. Good luck everyone!

ChickieBoom
10-29-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm trying really hard not to snack since I'll probably be stuck at home for the next couple of days due to Hurricane Sandy.

Fatness
10-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Thank you so much. I want to do that style again so bad but it's either been scorching or raining in MS. Here's hoping for the summer.

I stick to low carbs and intermittent fasting. I am not on any particular plan. My plan is mixed with paleo and volumetrics. I am really not that much of a bread, pasta eater anyway. I can have it once a month and not again. I am a candy or chips person. I just cut those down and stick to things that are bigger bangs for my calorie buck, such as vegetables and fruit.

Calorie counting did help me to lose 40 pounds before. I just hate keeping up with it all.

Does anyone do Callanetics here?
I calorie count everything, besides the the cheese cake I pick off on with a baby spoon. Lol it does help. It has been working for me 3 pounds. If I knew what I know now about counting calories I would have never been 278.

I don't know about you ladies but for me. When I burn off what I eat, I lose weight a lot faster. However, I never eat back what I burn off.

Fatness
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm trying really hard not to snack since I'll probably be stuck at home for the next couple of days due to Hurricane Sandy.

I am so guilty of this. For today's I was snacking because I was stuck in the house for 2 today's because of Sandy. I could not workout; but I was still eating. However, I was surprised that I did not gain a pound, instead I lost 2 pounds. Might be because I was eating a lot of soup.

However, I do feel guilty when I eat sweets; but I have to have a taste for it for me to eat it. My husband is bad with this because he eat sweets all day in my face! Grrrrrrr.. While eating it my face he offer me some and laugh. Grrrr...

Fatness
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM
You didnt offend me but I dont want to be skinny lol! I love being a curvy thick female. Even at my goal weight I will still be over weight but more in shape and toned. I think that whats more important is how you feel about u. We are not meant to be what other people want us to be! Each person is different and most importantly genetics play a major role. Stick to a healthy diet and stay active thats what I try to do and it does help:)
I agree with your above statement.

While my goal says 130. I will see as I get smaller what weigh I want to stay at. I am 5'2 and the medical charts say I should be 120-135. 140 is consider overweight, 150 obese and anything over that is morality obese. I love my curves and I don't want to lose them. from what I am seeing now I won't lose them because of genetics. I know in America skinny is seen as healthy and the idea of beauty; but I come from Nigeria where curves are even on slim women. To me curves define the body and can make any dress sexy! You never can go wrong with curves

Fatness
10-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Let's simply MAKE this a more active board. We're obviously here because we need support, right? So I'm going to make a point to post 3 - 4 times a week.

A bit about me...

I've struggled with weight my entire life. The best I've ever managed it/ and felt good was when I exercised daily and simply watched what I ate. No magic. Just common sense. I wasn't skinny. However I was not fat. I was in great shape. So, now, instead of obsessing over thinness, I want to be healthy. Now that I am the first time mommy of an adorable 18 month old, it's more important than ever. Especially since I'm a SINGLE mom.

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!

I need some folks in my corner! I get that most of our body chemistry is going to work the same, regardless of ethnicity - Less input +More output= weight loss. It tends to be more challenging in our families communities though. Sometimes as we embrace "thickness" we're embracing poor health, Also, I find that amongst my friends and family, change is slow in terms of accepting that certain foods just aren't all that healthy, etc, etc, etc... I'm not trying to get on a soapbox here, I'm just trying to change my way of thinking, and strive for something better. Hopefully we all will. Just as I need support from all of you, I hope to give it as well! Teamwork!

My plan is to become more active. Exercise 5+ times a week, make it my lifestyle, and eat better. I'm reading a book by Bob Harper now called The Skinny Rules. I love it!! Common sense and it's all doable. Things like drink more water... Eat more fish... Eat your simple carbs earlier in the day... I highly recommend it.

I would love to read more about you ladies as time progresses. I will admit that I have not read the earlier pages of the thread, but I will try to get to it. Good luck everyone!
This sound so like a great plan.
My weight was not a problem until in march I went to the doctor and she said I was 278. From then I just cut back on what I was eating and how I ate it. I have to admit I did lose weight without working out but at a lost at a slow pace. Now that I work out and eat better I have been losing it faster. I always been bottom heavy, but when I got a belly, it still did not make me change. My husband said looking and he seem to love my new FAtness. Lol

When I told my husband how much I weighed he was like FAtness you have to lose some weigh. So, that's what I am doing now. I just feel that when losing weight I can't eat anything and can't enjoy food that I really want and it's very hard. I have to cook separate dinners, lunch and breakfast in my house everyday because my husband can eat anything and don't gain weight.
I just tell myself I can do it and I tell u there are days I want a pizza, but can't eat it. That just piss me off. I just don't feel normal.

ChickieBoom
10-31-2012, 12:24 PM
I am so guilty of this. For today's I was snacking because I was stuck in the house for 2 today's because of Sandy. I could not workout; but I was still eating. However, I was surprised that I did not gain a pound, instead I lost 2 pounds. Might be because I was eating a lot of soup.

However, I do feel guilty when I eat sweets; but I have to have a taste for it for me to eat it. My husband is bad with this because he eat sweets all day in my face! Grrrrrrr.. While eating it my face he offer me some and laugh. Grrrr...

That's great that you managed to lose 2 pounds! I pretty much stuck to my eating plan. It helped that everyone had cleared all of the ice cream and snack foods out of the grocery store and left the yogurt and fresh vegetables. Snacking out of boredom is a problem for me so it's important for me to keep myself busy.

I was hoping to be out of the 220s this week but I'm pretty close so hopefully I'll be down a bit more by Saturday.

Hope everyone is well.

Fatness
10-31-2012, 03:20 PM
That's great that you managed to lose 2 pounds! I pretty much stuck to my eating plan. It helped that everyone had cleared all of the ice cream and snack foods out of the grocery store and left the yogurt and fresh vegetables. Snacking out of boredom is a problem for me so it's important for me to keep myself busy.

I was hoping to be out of the 220s this week but I'm pretty close so hopefully I'll be down a bit more by Saturday.

Hope everyone is well.

You will get there. Just last week I was stuck at 212. That 212 did not want to leave me. No matter what ate or did to workout! Took some plum juice and bye bye 212. Lol... :cool:

yellsa
10-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Happy Halloween ladies!

ChickieBoom
11-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey Everyone...hope you all are having a great day! I was feeling a little bit sorry for myself this morning and then I read through the posts here and realized that I've got it pretty good. I have an amazingly supportive family. Loyal and wonderful friends, co-workers and bosses who are kind to me and I haven't experienced any of the vitriol that some folks complain about. I am truly blessed.

Lakilaulea
11-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone! Didn't know this thread was here. I've been a member since this past October and have been posting everyday because this has been my biggest motivator. Before finding this site I only stayed on a plan for maybe a week and half, two weeks tops. And even then I was never doing it right. Either exercising and still eating garbage, or severely limiting my intake to the point of physical weakness. I decided to do it right this time, and do it for good. I want this to be a lifestyle change.

A little about me:
I was always slender until the last few years. I didn't realize the only reason I was as thin as I was was because I was constantly moving; swimming, running, dancing, whatever. As soon as I left high school, I packed on the pounds amazingly fast. Then I joined the military and it all went away and for next several years I was active and thin and still eating like a pig. Ever since I got out, I've been putting on weight seriously fast (I packed on 60lbs. in 6 months one year). I'd try a quick diet, but I'd get bored and quit and gain it all back, and then some. It all happened so gradually, I can't give you exact years or dates, but I slowly stopped getting my picture taken, stopped going out, stopped socializing, and became very inhibited. Then this past year I started to actually get sick, I was so fat. Acid reflux all the time, sleep apnea, acne... And so here I am. Hit my heaviest weight ever in September (232.4lbs.) and gross. I had a picture taken of me without my permission and when I saw it, I could not BELIEVE what I looked like!!

I'm not following a particular diet or program... I tried almost all of them, and none of them have worked for me. I got tired of pumping money into meal plans and pills that weren't doing anything. Now I just portion control, get in 3 meals a day plus a snack, eat mostly raw fruit and veggies, and drink loads of water. I'm finally putting my Tread Climber to use (bought it 3 years ago and literally left it packed up in storage until this year) and working out at least 4 days a week. I've joined a few challenges here as well as on the MOTOACTV site to keep me accountable and this is by far the longest I've ever stuck to any plan or even been this motivated. This thread has a lot of inspiring stories and I hope we can get it more active 'cause I'd love for this to be another source of motivation for me. Good to meet you girls!

ChickieBoom
11-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone! Didn't know this thread was here. I've been a member since this past October and have been posting everyday because this has been my biggest motivator. Before finding this site I only stayed on a plan for maybe a week and half, two weeks tops. And even then I was never doing it right. Either exercising and still eating garbage, or severely limiting my intake to the point of physical weakness. I decided to do it right this time, and do it for good. I want this to be a lifestyle change.

Hey there Lakilaulea! I find this forum incredibly helpful. It's so nice to be surrounded by like minded people who truly understand the struggle of getting fit. This is my third serious attempt to lose my weight and the first time that I've been able to stick to a diet for longer than 3 months. I started in the beginning of June (2012) and have been going pretty strong ever since. The only thing I can say is that I've been slacking off with my exercise routine. But I feel motivated to get back on it.

Lakilaulea
11-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi, ChickieBoom! OMG, I just realized you're in DC--I'm in Woodbrige, VA! I try to get up to DC when I can because it's gorgeous up there, but damn the traffic LOL

I love this forum and am so glad I found it! I totally hear you on the exercise thing... I do it, I try to do it regularly, but every day I have to force it. Once I start, I'm usually fine. It's just the starting! Today I told myself I'd do an hour after work, and I'm really hoping I stick to that. I was able to do it last night after some serious mental pep talking, so we'll see! What are you doing for your exercise?

lisa34t
11-01-2012, 05:07 PM
O geesh! Im so happy that this thread has been more active. Gonna add this to my favorites. I will post regularly. I have been active on other WOC threads, I think #3 or #4.

In a nutshell, Im Lisa and Im trying to get rid of this weight that kept coming since graduating high school (2006). Im no longer at my highest (231) but I not where I need to be.

Currently,
I watch calorie intake, currently doing Turbo Fire. Recently bought a FitBit and I wear it religously. I cook in bulk because it helps me stay OP for the week/day.

Lakilaulea
11-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Currently, I watch calorie intake, currently doing Turbo Fire. Recently bought a FitBit and I wear it religously.

I've been eyeballing the FitBit myself lately.... I'm a gadget nut and like tinkering with electronics (I'm a bit of a nerd). I have the MOTOACTV, though, so I don't necessarily need it. But I still kinda want it! I like my MOTOACTV 'cause it tracks my steps, but also tracks calories based on what workout I'm doing. Their web portal lets me set goals for myself and join other user challenges. I joined 5 challenges my first time out, and not to brag, but I'm ranked 1st in 2 and 2nd in another :) But it's really made me more aware of my calorie output and how I can push myself just a bit harder everyday.

Also, mini-win for me: I weighed myself this morning and am at my lowest yet at 215.8! I'm sooo close to seeing the other side of 200, I can't wait. Hope you ladies are having a successful day!

ChickieBoom
11-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi, ChickieBoom! OMG, I just realized you're in DC--I'm in Woodbrige, VA! I try to get up to DC when I can because it's gorgeous up there, but damn the traffic LOL

Hey Neighbor! I have some coworkers who live in Woodbridge and they commute to DC for work everyday on the VRE. I don't know how they do it. But yes, the traffic on 395 is completely out of control!

I watch calorie intake, currently doing Turbo Fire. Recently bought a FitBit and I wear it religously. I cook in bulk because it helps me stay OP for the week/day.

I started with TurboFire and I LOVED it! First time I ever completed an exercise video. I'm taking a break right now and doing Hip Hop Abs but I'm hoping to start Power 90 in the next couple of weeks.

Fatness
11-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Checked my scaled Saturday and I have lost 2 pounds; I am now 206 and I can smell 198. Oh boy.. It feel so good.

Talk later ladies! Best of luck !

ChickieBoom
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM
That's awesome Fatness! I'm hoping to be at 199 by New Year's but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I keep saying that I need to up my exercise but I can't seem to find the motivation to do it. I'm going to make a commitment to exercise when I get home from work.

Fatness
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
That's awesome Fatness! I'm hoping to be at 199 by New Year's but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I keep saying that I need to up my exercise but I can't seem to find the motivation to do it. I'm going to make a commitment to exercise when I get home from work.

It takes time and I know when you get home from work you're tired. So take that rest mate! You will get there. I am hopping to be 190 by new yrs! So , lets do it mate and we will work it out!

When you are not working you should try a cleanser. This can help jump start your weight loss. Our body holds on to waste and cleaning it out with a detox or prune juice will help you. While drinking prune juice, it will make you fill full.

Lakilaulea
11-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Goodmorning, ladies!! I hopped on the scale this morning and am slowly but surely inching my way to Onederland! I used to dread that scale, but now it's almost feeling like a little morning treat. When I see the number it amps me up to go harder.

I hope you ladies hit up the poll stations! I guess the polling place in my area is this school across the street from me and as I was leaving for work this morning, I just saw this huge line of cars parked up and down the road. It's gonna be crazy! I'm so glad I already cast my ballot! Happy Election day!!

Fatness
11-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes I went to the poll at 5am and when I left; that line was around the building. Too cold to be waiting outside! lol Cant wait to see who will win!

Lakilaulea
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
How are you ladies doing so far this week????

Fatness
11-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I am good, in the gym right now.. Trying to do this last 3 hr.. How are you guys?

ChickieBoom
11-09-2012, 11:13 AM
How are you ladies doing today? I'm doing pretty good. I still haven't implemented my weight lifting routine but hopefully I'll get into something this weekend. The more weight I lose, the more I realize that I really need to tighten up.

Fatness
11-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Feeling good.. this week I started off at 205 and now 202! That's 3 pounds this week! Lard... 199 here I come!

ChickieBoom
11-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow Fatness...the pounds are really flying off! Congrats! I'm anxious to see what happens to my weight once I add in some weight lifting.

Fatness
11-13-2012, 02:04 AM
How are you ladies doing today? I'm doing pretty good. I still haven't implemented my weight lifting routine but hopefully I'll get into something this weekend. The more weight I lose, the more I realize that I really need to tighten up.

I also notice that I need to do weight lifting because I do have a little fat swinging like I'm 100 yrs. old! .. I don't want a lot of extra skin. Today is the longest I did weight lifting and ab workouts for 40 mins. I hope I see something by the middle of next month. I been saving money in case I need to get skin removed.

Best of luck to all this week! Kick those pounds off ladies!:carrot::carrot:

Lakilaulea
11-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Happy Tuesday, ladies!! I spent my weekend sluggin' on the couch and I seriously need to get back into my routine! I gave into some cravings Friday night, but didn't binge too bad. Then an old friend who just moved to MD wanted to check out this Mexican restaurant, but I ate just enough to feel satisfied and didn't finish my plate like I usually do so I'm hoping those little practices in restraint counted for something. I still loss compared to last week, which is good, but I really could've done better. Back to the treadmill tonight. Good luck, girls!

mscreneet
11-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi ladies ((waving))

I had no idea this group existed. So glad to have found your ladies.
I know I need all the support I can get.

Ive been going through and reading up on all the post this morning so I dont feel too lost..lol

Heres my intro:
Im 38, the mother of 3 (17, 2 and 1)
Once I reached my 30's weight started to become an issue
I became a very emotional eater and still am
In 2008 I lost about 35 pounds & dropped to a size 5/6
After having my 2 smallest babies and dealing with a lot of things....I started gaining all the weight back plus more. Being an emotional eater is rough!!
Now im back on my journey to get down to 150pounds.

I look forward getting to know you all and staying active on this board so that we can motivate each other!!!

ChickieBoom
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey mscreneet...welcome! I've only been active on this thread recently but I do try to check in at least once a day. It's nice to keep yourself accountable with people who understand exactly what you're going through. This is the longest that I've ever stuck to any weight loss plan. I've been OP for 5.5 months and although I could get better with my exercise, I've been really good about my eating.

Lakilaulea - well done on the portion control! That is my biggest problem which is why now I weigh EVERYTHING I eat. Otherwise I don't know how to act.

Catch you ladies later!

Mizzthingaling
11-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi all. It's been so long since I've been here. It's nice to see the thread active again. I am hoping to get my mojo back. I am ready to finish the year strong so I am taking it one step at a time instead of all in.

Fatness
11-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi ladies ((waving))

I had no idea this group existed. So glad to have found your ladies.
I know I need all the support I can get.

Ive been going through and reading up on all the post this morning so I dont feel too lost..lol

Heres my intro:
Im 38, the mother of 3 (17, 2 and 1)
Once I reached my 30's weight started to become an issue
I became a very emotional eater and still am
In 2008 I lost about 35 pounds & dropped to a size 5/6
After having my 2 smallest babies and dealing with a lot of things....I started gaining all the weight back plus more. Being an emotional eater is rough!!
Now im back on my journey to get down to 150pounds.

I look forward getting to know you all and staying active on this board so that we can motivate each other!!!

Welcome to the group! Stress can make you gain or lose! I know how you feel. Why I know it's easy for me to say; let those stressful things ride! It does work. Your health is the most important thing for you and the children! Start setting your goals for this month and you will be on your way to a healthier you!:carrot:

We are all here for you and you can vent and show all your happiest with us:D

Keep us inform!:carrot:

Fatness
11-14-2012, 03:40 AM
Hi all. It's been so long since I've been here. It's nice to see the thread active again. I am hoping to get my mojo back. I am ready to finish the year strong so I am taking it one step at a time instead of all in.

Thats the only way we all can do! Take your time and you will be there in no time! The holidays coming up and we all might have a hard time. I want to eat some of that food so bad; but I am so scared I will gain the weight back!

It's like I am afraid of food now.:( my husband has started cooking my meals to make sure I eat enough and will not leave until he see me eat. The other day my stomach was at war with me; I would not not eat a thing. I am trying by best to not develop a eating disorder. Why I don't binge eat; my problem will be I am not eating enough food.

When I started my weight lost; I was eating only 500 calories a day and while I did lose 5 pounds a week. I just felt as; that was not enough food. So I kicked it to 1650 a day. However, I never even get near that amount of food to eat. The most I eat a day is 700-980 and that might be for one day and less other days.

I am trying hard to eat more, but it's not working. I wake up in the middle of the day around 4pm and don't eat until 5pm and then eat again around 8pm and hit the gym around 10pm. I know I need to eat more.. I am so obsess with counting calories; that everything I eat is 800 calories to me; when in fact it's not.

Question: what can I do to eat more or to make myself eat more?

mscreneet
11-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Thats the only way we all can do! Take your time and you will be there in no time! The holidays coming up and we all might have a hard time. I want to eat some of that food so bad; but I am so scared I will gain the weight back!

It's like I am afraid of food now.:( my husband has started cooking my meals to make sure I eat enough and will not leave until he see me eat. The other day my stomach was at war with me; I would not not eat a thing. I am trying by best to not develop a eating disorder. Why I don't binge eat; my problem will be I am not eating enough food.

When I started my weight lost; I was eating only 500 calories a day and while I did lose 5 pounds a week. I just felt as; that was not enough food. So I kicked it to 1650 a day. However, I never even get near that amount of food to eat. The most I eat a day is 700-980 and that might be for one day and less other days.

I am trying hard to eat more, but it's not working. I wake up in the middle of the day around 4pm and don't eat until 5pm and then eat again around 8pm and hit the gym around 10pm. I know I need to eat more.. I am so obsess with counting calories; that everything I eat is 800 calories to me; when in fact it's not.

Question: what can I do to eat more or to make myself eat more?

Being that youre working out daily but not taking in many calories you may be losing muscle instead of body fat. Maybe try and eat more smaller meals or keep low fat, low calorie snacks around. I tend to make low calorie soups and keep those on hand. Easy to make they fill you up and are low in calorie.

I too am a big calorie counter. I usually stay around 1100 a day max. The last few days I have not hit the mark but I normally will not go below 800.

Fatness
11-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Being that youre working out daily but not taking in many calories you may be losing muscle instead of body fat. Maybe try and eat more smaller meals or keep low fat, low calorie snacks around. I tend to make low calorie soups and keep those on hand. Easy to make they fill you up and are low in calorie.

I too am a big calorie counter. I usually stay around 1100 a day max. The last few days I have not hit the mark but I normally will not go below 800.

Thanks I will try this and I think this might work. Thanks so much.

mscreneet
11-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!
Im trying to make it a point to drop in every morning.
I think having to post and know that my ticker with my weight will be seen kind of make me accountable and more inclined to do right..lol

Im feeling pretty good this morning. Not sure how much of a regular workout I will get but I do need to go to the malls with my baby girls so I will be pushing that heavy double stroller so hopefully that accounts for somethin.

Have a great day ladies!!!

Mizzthingaling
11-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Hi all,

Still going. I cooked some vegetable soup which has been good for the last couple of days. Fatness I agree that you may lose some muscle mass if you don't eat enough. I've had that problem before especially when I stopped meat. I would suggest you try to have bigger meals. The small meals may be too much for you. Maybe have a large dinner or breakfast that's 500-600 calories to boost you up.

energie
11-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm about to leave for the gym in about a hour. I should be on the treadmill from 11pm-12am. I prefer to workout late nights. I love to see empty treadmills around me with few people in the gym. Yeah, I'm weird like that :-P

How much exercise have you all been doing?

I am also a calorie counter and right now I'm staying At 1200/1300 calories with 1 hour of cardio most days.

Fatness
11-19-2012, 05:20 AM
I'm about to leave for the gym in about a hour. I should be on the treadmill from 11pm-12am. I prefer to workout late nights. I love to see empty treadmills around me with few people in the gym. Yeah, I'm weird like that :-P

How much exercise have you all been doing?

I am also a calorie counter and right now I'm staying At 1200/1300 calories with 1 hour of cardio most days.

I am the same way! I love when there is no one in the gym and that way; I don't have too see pale butt cheeks or brown or discolored booty hanging out! Grrrrrrr.....

I am in the gym as I type this now.. I met this cool guy at the gym and I been working out for 4 hours.. Wtf! My legs are killing me.. 4 hrs of cardio. He has really help me in putting in work. We will work on running for at least 30 mins.. I can jog for 15.. So we will see ladies... Going home now to rest these legs:carrot::carrot:

Lakilaulea
11-19-2012, 09:55 AM
I think I hit a plateau. I've been hovering at the 213-214 mark since the beginning of this month. I've also been slacking off, workout wise, since the beginning of this month... I've been losing a lot my steam lately. It's been almost impossible talking myself onto the treadmill. I'll try to make more of an effort. I need to see the other side of 210 already. I'd like to start the new year as close to 200 as possible.

Fatness
11-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Early today I was 200.03oz and just left the gym and ladies I Made It! I am 199.08oz :carrot::carrot:

Lard.. I can't believe it!

How are you ladies doing and how are things going?

energie
11-20-2012, 01:19 AM
I am the same way! I love when there is no one in the gym and that way; I don't have too see pale butt cheeks or brown or discolored booty hanging out! Grrrrrrr.....

I am in the gym as I type this now.. I met this cool guy at the gym and I been working out for 4 hours.. Wtf! My legs are killing me.. 4 hrs of cardio. He has really help me in putting in work. We will work on running for at least 30 mins.. I can jog for 15.. So we will see ladies... Going home now to rest these legs:carrot::carrot:

is he cute? :-P

Lakilaulea
11-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Fatness - CONGRATS!!! It must feel great!! I'm gonna be soooo happy when I can finally say the same thing!!

I did an hour last night on my Tread Climber, which felt great. And this morning I clocked in at a new low of 212.4, so I'm really happy about that :) I'm gonna try to keep up this momentum so that I see the other side of 210 by the time this month is over.

energie
11-20-2012, 11:28 AM
I didn't get the best sleep yesterday night but I still feel good today. I just "journaled"(if that's even a word) in my calories so far for today(640 so far) and I'm ready to get my day started. I'm doing my 1 hr workout tonight.

lakilaulea- yeah plateaus and stalls can be tough, especially mentally. Just keep pulling through, you will break it.

fatness-what does your gym routine look like? Congrats on the loss!

Fatness
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
is he cute? :-P

No you did not go there! Lol.. However; he is a Asian guy with caramel skin tone, coffee brown eyes, about 5'7 curly black hair, body like Matt Barr and a smile like Mario Lopez. I guess you never know who is watching you in the gym! Lol... We will workout tonight when he gets off work! He met my husband and that was a funny meeting! However, my hubby is okay with it and I cant be out late. Lol...

Fatness
11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Fatness - CONGRATS!!! It must feel great!! I'm gonna be soooo happy when I can finally say the same thing!!

I did an hour last night on my Tread Climber, which felt great. And this morning I clocked in at a new low of 212.4, so I'm really happy about that :) I'm gonna try to keep up this momentum so that I see the other side of 210 by the time this month is over.

Congrats! You are doing a great job.. Those 12 pounds will be gone soon! Keep up the good work!

Fatness
11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
I didn't get the best sleep yesterday night but I still feel good today. I just "journaled"(if that's even a word) in my calories so far for today(640 so far) and I'm ready to get my day started. I'm doing my 1 hr workout tonight.

lakilaulea- yeah plateaus and stalls can be tough, especially mentally. Just keep pulling through, you will break it.

fatness-what does your gym routine look like? Congrats on the loss!

I start off with Cardio. I do 2 hrs of Cardio for 3 days, but since I been workingout with my gym buddy. It has changed. Yesterday I did 20 mins of running on the treadmill and 40 mins walking it out. I did 60 mins of Elliptical, 6 sets of 50 jumping ropes, 5 sets of 20 crunches and some other workouts
This is after the 4 hours; but in the same day.

When I am in the gym by myself. I will do all Cardio for 2 or 3 hrs and that's 5 days a week.

mscreneet
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Confession: RIP Diet....#Thanksgivingweek2012

LOL....Im ok with it. I just know I have to be back on top of my situation once I return home from out of town.

Hope you guys are making out better than me.
My mom has fried everything possible since we arrived, baked cookies and cinnamon buns everynight. WHEW!!!

Lakilaulea
11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
energie - Thanks! I think I bust through that plateau! 212 this morning!

Fatness - Another .4lbs. gone this morning! I'm starting to get excited again!! Your workouts sound INSANE!! I can barely make it through an hour! No wonder it looks like those pounds are just melting off. You're a machine!! :cool:

mscreneet - With that menu your mom is cooking up, I'd be surprised if you didn't partake! That just sounds too scrumptious! I think I'll be fine tomorrow; I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving and although I definitely plan on indulging in some tasty foods, I also plan on working out. Wish me luck!

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!! Let's finish this month off strong!!!:cb:

Fatness
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
@ Lakilaulea, this is great! You are kicking those pounds right off! Keep up the good work!

energie
11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
I also don't celebrate thanksgiving or any other european holiday. So obviously no worries for food tomorrow for me. The gym closes early tommorrow(12pm) so that means I'm going to have to get up early to get my hour in. Ahhh...but its all good.

I'm rooting for each and every one of you ladies:-) talk to you all soooon!

Fatness
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I also don't celebrate thanksgiving or any other european holiday. So obviously no worries for food tomorrow for me. The gym closes early tommorrow(12pm) so that means I'm going to have to get up early to get my hour in. Ahhh...but its all good.

I'm rooting for each and every one of you ladies:-) talk to you all soooon!

Love you Energie; I don't "celebrate European holidays" the only holidays i celebrate are African and Arabian. However, I love to eat; but again i do not celebrate it because of what happen during that time and the truth behind it

Lakilaulea
11-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow, this is great... I thought I was the only one who didn't celebrate Thanksgiving!! And while I totally understand not celebrating it because of the history of it and can dig that, I don't celebrate it because it never really applied to me anyway. I'm from Hawaii; Thanksgiving has nothing to do with us :) People in Hawaii celebrate it because of the food, not the meaning. I don't even like turkey. So there's nothing in it for me at all. I'll still take the day off, though!! I'll take any excuse to sleep in ;)

Mizzthingaling
11-22-2012, 01:10 PM
We're not doing anything for Thanksgiving. We only use it as a family day but we just aren't in the holiday mood this year. I am not in the mood to put in the effort. So at least it will save me for gaining a bunch of weight.

I am finally ready to start incorporating my workouts. I feel the need to move, so that is the best time to do it. I think I'm going back to 2 a days.

Be safe today all.

energie
11-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Love you Energie; I don't "celebrate European holidays" the only holidays i celebrate are African and Arabian. However, I love to eat; but again i do not celebrate it because of what happen during that time and the truth behind it

I wish there was a "love button" for this post. I agree 100 percent. I only celebrate African holidays too:-) We have the same mindset! I'm adding you to my buddylist

love you mooooore!:hug: hehe

energie
11-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Wow, this is great... I thought I was the only one who didn't celebrate Thanksgiving!! And while I totally understand not celebrating it because of the history of it and can dig that, I don't celebrate it because it never really applied to me anyway. I'm from Hawaii; Thanksgiving has nothing to do with us :) People in Hawaii celebrate it because of the food, not the meaning. I don't even like turkey. So there's nothing in it for me at all. I'll still take the day off, though!! I'll take any excuse to sleep in ;)

No you aren't the only one:-)
I definitely understand what you are saying. My sister said something very similar to what you are saying.

how is hawaii? I bet its so beautiful there.

Lakilaulea
11-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I left HI in 2001; I've been living up and down the eastcoast since. My family is still there and I visit from time to time. And about the scenery.... It's overrated, imo LOL Island life was never for me. I love the eastcoast!! I love the mountains and snow and all that stuff Hawaiians aren't meant for! I hate the rat race, but seeing the leaves change? Love it! The one thing I do miss about the islands, though, and I guess it's a good thing for me right now at least is THE FOOD. OMG, the food there is AMAZING and there aren't any places here that compare. And because it stays a constant 80 degrees year round, you can do so much stuff outdoors. Right now I'm bundling up with all kinds of fleece and sherpa and won't even consider running outside till May.

energie
11-23-2012, 03:39 AM
I left HI in 2001; I've been living up and down the eastcoast since. My family is still there and I visit from time to time. And about the scenery.... It's overrated, imo LOL Island life was never for me. I love the eastcoast!! I love the mountains and snow and all that stuff Hawaiians aren't meant for! I hate the rat race, but seeing the leaves change? Love it! The one thing I do miss about the islands, though, and I guess it's a good thing for me right now at least is THE FOOD. OMG, the food there is AMAZING and there aren't any places here that compare. And because it stays a constant 80 degrees year round, you can do so much stuff outdoors. Right now I'm bundling up with all kinds of fleece and sherpa and won't even consider running outside till May.

I sent you a message boo because I have more questions about HI.

energie
11-23-2012, 03:41 AM
We're not doing anything for Thanksgiving. We only use it as a family day but we just aren't in the holiday mood this year. I am not in the mood to put in the effort. So at least it will save me for gaining a bunch of weight.

I am finally ready to start incorporating my workouts. I feel the need to move, so that is the best time to do it. I think I'm going back to 2 a days.

Be safe today all.

2 a days? Wow, you go head. That's what I hope to get to one day in the near future. Fatness is aso Ms Exercise Queen, she is definitely motivating.

energie
11-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Oh yeah, I have a question to ask everyone, what keeps you motivated? Right now, I'm 149 and I'm 10 pounds away from getting to my lowest weight of 138/139. I'm trying to keep my motivation up so I can get there or as close to there as possible by the end of next month. Which will be close to my 3rd goal weight of 137.

I think what's keeping me motivated is just the simple vain fact(I can admit it) that I can kill a bikini(I'm not going to lie, I think I have pretty nice tone body and proportions) lol and also because I just promised myself I'd stay committed to having a body that I know I always belonged in. Also, health reasons of course.

can't wait to hear from all you lovely ladies:-)

Lakilaulea
11-26-2012, 04:13 PM
So, how did you ladies fare through the weekend?? I didn't eat any Thanksgiving food, but I stuffed my face with pretty much everything else... A whole pizza for lunch (eeek!!), an entire pan of cinnamon buns (yikes!!!), and pretty much else in my fridge that wasn't a condiment. Yep. I pretty much let loose. I didn't work out on Saturday or Sunday either. Hopping back on this wagon today. I'll try to knock out an hour of cardio when I get home. The sad thing is, on Friday morning, I weighed myself which I didn't really wanna do, but was sooo happy when I saw I went down a little to 211.8. You'd think I'd celebrate with a nice little jog or some yoga. Nope. I went to the store and bought two things of cinnamon buns to make (I only made one, but ended up eating the whole thing by the next evening) and an entire frozen pizza. And I knew I'd regret it, but I ate it anyway. And it was goooooood. But now I have to get back into the swing of things. Hope you ladies made out better!!

Lakilaulea
11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Oh yeah, I have a question to ask everyone, what keeps you motivated? Right now, I'm 149 and I'm 10 pounds away from getting to my lowest weight of 138/139. I'm trying to keep my motivation up so I can get there or as close to there as possible by the end of next month. Which will be close to my 3rd goal weight of 137.

I think what's keeping me motivated is just the simple vain fact(I can admit it) that I can kill a bikini(I'm not going to lie, I think I have pretty nice tone body and proportions) lol and also because I just promised myself I'd stay committed to having a body that I know I always belonged in. Also, health reasons of course.

I didn't see this earlier..... What keeps me motivated?? Well, I can tell you what's keeping me motivated now, but I'm no where near my goal weight. I'm actually a little scared that I'll lose my motivation once I get within 10lbs. of it, because I've always done that. I'll look at the scale and say, "huh. Well, close enough." and just stop. I'm hoping I won't do that this time. Right now what's keeping me motivated is seeing all the chicks here with smaller numbers than mine!! I want my weight to start with a 1 like theirs, so that's kinda keeping me going. I'm also not above bribing myself with promises of a nice purse or piece of jewelry if I hit a certain number. I've already promised myself a Tiffany pendant I've been eyeballing as a reward once I reach Onederland. I'll only use expensive bribery for the big milestones, though, 'cause otherwise I'd be thin and broke LOL

energie
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Lakilaulea, yay on you being down. Youve got less than 12 pounds to go!The food you ate sounds so good .Im in the end of the year challenge that I started back in sept. I will prob join a challenge in january. Are you in any?

mscreneet
11-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Hi Everyone
We just returned from a long weeks stay in VA with family
Had an awesome time and act like I was crazy
Now its back to business.
My family got together every single day that me and the kids were there is town so that was awesome.

Tomorrow ill be heading to the Farmers market to stock up on fruits and veggies so that I can get back into eating the right way

Wishing everyone a great week.
Stay motivated ladies!!!

Fatness
11-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Seeing that I am losing weight keeps me motivated. Alsom, seeing how well other ladies are doing in 3FC motivates me as well..

Lakilaulea
11-28-2012, 09:37 AM
energie - I'm in the April Fool's Challenge and the Goal By Summer Challenge. Although, I am off to a BAD start, y'all... I haven't exercised in 5 days and I've been eating WHATEVER I WANT since this weekend. I skipped working out Monday thinking I'd just make up for it last night, but ended up getting home late because my car broke down. So not only did I not have time to exercise, I made a pit stop for takeout food AGAIN. I'm really really REALLY gonna try to exercise when I get home tonight. I feel like I'm slipping again. It's soooo easy to start slipping...

Fatness
12-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Missed you ladies; been busy with school. I made it to 197 and feeling good.

How are you ladies?

Fatness
12-03-2012, 09:07 PM
well ladies; i will move on to more active forms! goodluck!

energie
12-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Just had a day of indulgence today. I had chili cheese fries, a chicken sandwhich, huge donut, 2 cheeseburgers, a sm.fry and a lot of diet coke lime. Im still at 148/149. Im staying at 1000 calories tommorrow. I need to push myself.

Lakilaulea
12-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I've had a particularly rough couple of weeks, but am trying to push through it. It feels like whenever I hit a wall, all I wanna do is eat pizza. Which I totally did this weekend......

energie
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Lakilaulea- sometimes pizza isnt bad. How many slices are you eating?

Lakilaulea
12-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Lakilaulea- sometimes pizza isnt bad. How many slices are you eating?

LOL Slices??? I eat them by the PIES. I had a whole pizza on Saturday for lunch. Checked the calories---1350. Didn't bother looking at fat content. I knew I was already done. I had a moment of weakness!!! I've been doing great since then, food wise. This weekend showed me that I still cannot be trusted to walk past the frozen pizza aisle. When I get to that section, I just gotta keep it moving.

energie
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Lol some reason how you just wrote your post made me laugh. At least you know your weakness. Im not gonna lie, oven pizzas are soooo good.

energie
12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Wanted to check back in. Its about 8:40pm and I still havent ate yet. Its weird, I thought Id be hungry by now. Ima just put on my workout clothes and make something small for myself, let it cool, shower, eat and then its bed for me.
What does everyone usually wear to the gym? I usually wear black workout pants and a yellow sleeveless top.

Does anyone have any "goal weight workout" clothes?
I do. Me and my sister were talking and when I'm in the 120-130 pound range I plan to buy little black shorts to workout in and a womens white beater tank top, clean white socks, new clean sneakers(I might post some pics of some sneakers I like later) and a workout armband(ones that keep track of calories burned, distance ran etc).

Lakilaulea
12-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Well, I didn't work out last night. But it was because I had a Dr. appointment and knew I'd be physically out of commission afterward, so that was kind of a planned rest day for me. I did pretty good food-wise.

BUT.

A couple months ago, I was being hounded by kids coming to my door trying to sell me crap like magazine subscriptions and what not. And I remember one night two girls came by and showed me a catalog full of different cookies and brownies and told me they were selling goodies for their school. And you know.... I can't turn down the chance to help a kid out ;) so I ordered some double chocolate cookies. Well, they said they only took cash and didn't have change, so I gave them $15 and they took off. And I was like, Um, aren't you gonna write my order down or give me a receipt or something?? And they just kinda skirted the question. Well, when do I get my cookies?? And they said something like in a couple weeks. And then they left. And I stood in my doorway thinking I just got swindled by two little girls, but I wasn't about to chase after them 'cause they looked like they could take me. So I chalked it up to a $15 loss and totally forgot about it. Last night when I came home, I found a box of the cookie dough waiting at my door. It's a lot, y'all. A lot. And I'm totally gonna bake some this weekend. But I checked the calorie count, and I figure (and this might be fat me convincing myself of this) that they're only 100 calories a cookie, so if I only bake a few at a time and maybe have two a week, I won't hurt my calorie count too bad. Is that a bad idea?? I'd hate to waste this cookie dough, and I'd REALLY hate to give it away.... :D

energie
12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
What a story! Do you think the girls left the cookie dough at your door?

I met a guy last nite in the gym. He is cute,muscles,dark skinned,seems smart. I gave him my number.

Fatness
12-06-2012, 01:12 AM
What a story! Do you think the girls left the cookie dough at your door?

I met a guy last nite in the gym. He is cute,muscles,dark skinned,seems smart. I gave him my number.

So, that's why you go to the gym! To meet handsome men! Ummmmmmmmmmm:D

Who said you can give your number out to him? He must pass the Fatness test!

Lol......

Fatness
12-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Well, I didn't work out last night. But it was because I had a Dr. appointment and knew I'd be physically out of commission afterward, so that was kind of a planned rest day for me. I did pretty good food-wise.

BUT.

A couple months ago, I was being hounded by kids coming to my door trying to sell me crap like magazine subscriptions and what not. And I remember one night two girls came by and showed me a catalog full of different cookies and brownies and told me they were selling goodies for their school. And you know.... I can't turn down the chance to help a kid out ;) so I ordered some double chocolate cookies. Well, they said they only took cash and didn't have change, so I gave them $15 and they took off. And I was like, Um, aren't you gonna write my order down or give me a receipt or something?? And they just kinda skirted the question. Well, when do I get my cookies?? And they said something like in a couple weeks. And then they left. And I stood in my doorway thinking I just got swindled by two little girls, but I wasn't about to chase after them 'cause they looked like they could take me. So I chalked it up to a $15 loss and totally forgot about it. Last night when I came home, I found a box of the cookie dough waiting at my door. It's a lot, y'all. A lot. And I'm totally gonna bake some this weekend. But I checked the calorie count, and I figure (and this might be fat me convincing myself of this) that they're only 100 calories a cookie, so if I only bake a few at a time and maybe have two a week, I won't hurt my calorie count too bad. Is that a bad idea?? I'd hate to waste this cookie dough, and I'd REALLY hate to give it away.... :D

I have this problem also. Some claim thy are college students trying to help. But these mofo be looking dirty! Lol
They always say " we are trying to go on a trip" wtf.. I want to go on a trip also...

They never have what I want anyway..so I just speak Arabic to them and they leave me along for 1 month.

I am going to start researching them...

I told my husband I was going to make a sign and stand on the road and ask for money because these people; not all but some are not fooling me. I told one here is some fish I just got and he told me " I would like money instead of food" Pause ... I just drove off..

Fatness
12-06-2012, 01:23 AM
I was thinking pizza was bad for you. Diet wise. If its not ,I will put it on my dinner plate sometime next week. Because I miss pizza so much! Pizza and Philly chicken is what I miss the most!

Fatness
12-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Also, have you ladies seem the show called "600 Pound Mom" on TLC? It's very interesting.

Lakilaulea
12-06-2012, 08:00 AM
energie - Yeah, the cookie was left by the girls, I'm assuming. I thought at first I was ordering an actual box of cookies and not the dough, but my neighbors got the same thing. Yay on meeting cute guys at the gym!! There's a few guys at mine that I catch myself staring at, but that's because my eyes are automatically always drawn to a bronze beefcake dude who's got shiny muscles after working out LOL

Fatness - LOL about the dirty looking kids! I didn't wanna say it at first, but yeah, those two girls looked like some real hoodrats! And they had attitude..... I saw the 600 Pound Mom... It was so sad..... Especially the ending. But because of that show they had a few more because of her. That guy they showed at the end of the show that was inspired by her to get some help had his own show and they also had one about two teenagers.. It's so unfortunate how some folks get to that point... I have several family members who are dangerously close to that. Some can barely stand anymore and it scares me that one day they won't be able to, and that's when it'll get really dangerous.

There's a brand of pizza from HH Traders I get at Harris Teeter that's not too bad. It's the personal size thin crust and each pizza is only 350 cal, so it's good for dinner if you're only eating that and some water, which is what I do if I'm running short on time/craving pizza. That pizza I had last weekend, though, that wasn't no personal size pizza. It was a regular ol' 10" pizza that came in at 1350 calories.

energie
12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Ahahahaha fatness I love you . Lol. Girl he is cute. I will keep you updated on him and you can let me know what you think

energie
12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Lakilaulea, I think you should throw out the cookie dough. No good will come of it. Its better off in the trash. Ive thrown out food before. It felt weird at first because I felt I was wasting it but I realized its better in the trash than on my body.

Fatness
12-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes I will be waiting for that up date on Mr. Sexy gym man!

I will have to go to Harris Teeters and try this brand!

Today was a bad day.. Got a oil change and my tires rotated. The service guy called me to the back; to inform me they could not get the nuts off the Rear tire and if it broke; it would cost me 147 bucks. So I said leave it as it is and you don't have to rotate that tire.

Ladies.. Ladies.. Do you know these blankets; told me my car was ready and when I pulled off; I heard loud noise; and the truck was moving funny! I pulled over and I be darn! These mofo did not put my Darn nuts back on the tire! WTF

Are they trying to kill me? Lard.. I was so pissed.. The car shop is open 7am-7pm. However, when I called back at 5:30pm everyone is gone! Really???

I could of hurtd someone or even got killed because of their mistakes ! The tow truck came and he told me the tires is about to come off and if I would have picked up speed I could of died and hurt others on the road! Lard! Then on top of that my phone went dead!

I swear ... I want to sue them!

Been crying all night! My husband is out the country and I did not want anyone to see me crying and my nose running. I had to walk one mile to find a bus stop and had to pay $3.50 to ride all day! wtf .. At the time of riding the bus it was 8:15pm. What the heck i need a all day pass for? Grrrrr... Did I mention its 43f outside! I also had on flip flops ....

Fatness
12-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes I will be waiting for that up date on Mr. Sexy gym man!

I will have to go to Harris Teeters and try this brand!

Today was a bad day.. Got a oil change and my tires rotated. The service guy called me to the back; to inform me they could not get the nuts off the Rear tire and if it broke; it would cost me 147 bucks. So I said leave it as it is and you don't have to rotate that tire.

Ladies.. Ladies.. Do you know these blankets; told me my car was ready and when I pulled off; I heard loud noise; and the truck was moving funny! I pulled over and I be darn! These mofo did not put my Darn nuts back on the tire! WTF

Are they trying to kill me? Lard.. I was so pissed.. The car shop is open 7am-7pm. However, when I called back at 5:30pm everyone is gone! Really???

I could of hurtd someone or even got killed because of their mistakes ! The tow truck came and he told me the tires is about to come off and if I would have picked up speed I could of died and hurt others on the road! Lard! Then on top of that my phone went dead!

I swear ... I want to sue them!

Been crying all night! My husband is out the country and I did not want anyone to see me crying and my nose running. I had to walk one mile to find a bus stop and had to pay $3.50 to ride all day! wtf .. At the time of riding the bus it was 8:15pm. What the heck i need a all day pass for? Grrrrr... Did I mention its 43f outside! I also had on flip flops ....

energie
12-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow!!!! I just read what happened to u to my sister and both our jaws are dropped. Fatness you are going to have to sue. Get a statement from the tow guy. Get all the dates and times. All details because this is just wrong . Worse than wrong.

Mizzthingaling
12-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Fatness I am sooo sorry those mofos did that to you. That's my mom always warned me to check my nuts before I leave a tire place. They have done that to many people trying to get them out of there fast. I'm happy you are okay though.

My exercise has been dismal. I am going to try to start small tomorrow and see how it goes. I did get a good workout yesterday but it wasn't on purpose. I may need to join the gym to get some kind of motivation, but the last time I went to ask about pricing, the guy was rude.

Lakilaulea
12-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Fatness, the same thing happened to my coworker several years ago... He went to Sears to get new tires and when he pulled out of the parking lot and made a right onto the street his rear tire fell right off!! They didn't put the nuts back on and it ruined his undercarriage. He didn't sue, but he walked back to Sears and complained and they towed his car and paid for it to get fixed and gave him a gift certificate. After her told me that I always checked my car after getting it serviced 'cause it made me paranoid. I think things like what you went through happen way more often than we think. I'd definitely complain to the highest ranking manager you can get a hold of, and if they don't fix it and compensate you, look at small claims court.

Mizzthingaling, I know exactly what you're going through; I've been slacking off on the workout front and have hit another plateau because of it. I did get a good workout in last night, but I haven't been doing it nearly as much I should be. I'll try to be better next week. Oh, and I've joined TWO gyms and stopped going to both LOL I really should go back to at least one....

ChickieBoom
12-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Something similar happened to me with a neighbor. I think that his mom sent him around the building knocking on people's doors. He came with a catalog and I placed my order and never saw him again. I feel sad for him because his mom seems like a mess. I didn't need the cookies anyway.

Mizzthingaling
12-07-2012, 01:24 PM
We live in an apartment and have had kids come by asking if we wanted them to take the garbage out. When my mother said no, they asked could she just give them a dollar. That can be dangerous to send kids around like that or for them to just go.

Doing good with diet so far. People are trying to tempt me but I will prevail.

beaka
12-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey, y'all! I know I haven't been on here in a while. I was dealing with some family stuff, gained a lot of weight (almost 30 lbs), and am now getting myself back on track (again).

I'm glad to see that this thread is active and you ladies are doing well! And lots of folk in the DMV! :)

Lakilaulea
12-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Welcome back, baeka! Yep, there's quite a few of us wandering around this site!!

Mizzthingaling
12-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Welcome back Beaka! I'm always in and out. Life and other stuff just gets in the way some time, ha.

Fatness
12-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Hello ladies! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and show kindness!

They did fix the problem and paid for the tow truck for me! I don't know if I want to go back there, they really made me lose trust in them. My truck is my bf and I don't want anything to happen to my baby.

Now I think my truck need a new battery! I tell you.. I will not buy another dodge again! I got a battery last yr.. What heck!

Tonight I made it to 191, I always lose more on the weekend! I don't know why. One pound away from my mini goal!

energie
12-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Fatness, im glad everything worked out okay. Congrats on the loss.
I didnt eat too well today, i ate too much rice krispie treats. Its 3:30am so ima get to bed now so i can get to the gym at 2 to 3pm. I will check in later. Nite yall!

Fatness
12-09-2012, 04:28 AM
sweet dreams Energie ; I am headed to bed now my self!

beaka
12-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi all!

Fatness (I don't like calling you that :o ) I went back and read what happened. So sorry you went through it, but I'm glad they fixed everything.

Ugh. I was on the go all day yesterday. Had Wendy's for lunch with friends and went to a fight party where I had wings, pizza, chips, dip, and a drink. -__-

Honestly, I didn't eat as much as I used to in the past. I had one plate, but I was still WAY over my calories for the day. I also have a sorority holiday party today. All these parties are getting me in some serious trouble! I missed Zumba this morning since I was tired, but I'm gonna do the 30 day shred now and maybe some Just Dance when I get home. I will be going HARD on the workouts this coming week.

My baby cousin is coming to visit next week and we always kick it. She called and wanted to warn me about her having gained a lot of weight. I feel bad for her, since I totally know the feeling. But she actually reached out and told me she wanted to learn some of my tips while she's here. :)

I hope you ladies are having a great weekend, and I'm resetting my ticker to my actual current weight of about 216.

ChickieBoom
12-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Hey everyone!

I've been sick with a bad cold the last few days. I hate being sick but I'm glad I'm sick now and not when I go home for Christmas. I've got lots of plans for the holiday and can't afford to be sick.

I have found that when I work out, I don't feel sick. It's weird but last night I went to the gym and my nose stopped running and cleared up, I wasn't coughing and I felt normal. I wonder if it's the endorphins?

Anyway, I'm going to have to try to get some cardio in after work today because I'm struggling right now.

I didn't lose this week and I'm a little down about that. I don't know why. I have been sticking to my plan and I started weight training last week. I'm really worried that I won't make it to Onederland by New Year's.

Oh well...hope you all are doing good.

Lakilaulea
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Hope you're feeling better, ChickieBoom! And you're right; at least you got sick now and not on Christmas. I got sick last Christmas morning----I woke up fine, developed a cough about an hour later, and by the time we were opening presents I said I needed to lay down. I ended up being in that bed for over two weeks, in and out of consciousness and doped up on NyQuil. I couldn't even get out of bed for New Year's Eve. It was horrid. And you know, I'm the same way too... When I work out while I'm sick, my sinuses clear. I don't know why that happens. Most of the time I don't work out when I'm sick. I only know that happens because being sick in the military isn't an option :) I had a pretty horrible last week too, but it was due to laziness and not being sick. I'm back on the wagon, though! Hope the rest of you are having a great day!!

energie
12-12-2012, 09:27 AM
I have been struggling a lot for the last few days myself. I have decided to "divorce" myself from processed foods, meat, etc. Its just a never ending battle, if I don't. I have got to be healthier. My body craves health. I plan to just eat from the earth. All raw foods. No meat. I've been researching and I want to transition the right way. I've been reading up on Dr. Afrika and Afrikan health. Recently, my sister also bought the book "the melanin diet" and we are following it. Has anyone heard of it before?

ChickieBoom
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks Lakilaulea! I'm already feeling better today. I'm going to the gym tonight to try some of my new exercises and I'm pretty excited about that. I've been looking up different ways to use free weights and I've found some interesting things that will change up my routine a little.

Wow Energie...that sounds awesome! I gave up processed foods in June and it was the best thing I could have done. I still eat meat though but mostly chicken and fish. I've been working really hard to reprogram the way I think of food. I try to see it as merely a tool for sustenance and nothing more. I gave up sugar and processed foods.

Mizzthingaling
12-13-2012, 11:12 PM
I thought I replied in here. I don't know what happened to that post. I too am trying to eat more whole foods. I am doing paleo and loving it. I am also trying to go back flexitarian (vegetarian some days). My body did love that.

I said I am going to go ahead and pay for a race. That way I will feel the obligation. I know I like to run it the cold anyway. I may do the warrior dash. I have wanted to do that for a while.

energie
12-14-2012, 07:32 AM
ChickieBoom, thanks and your plan sounds good as well. That's the way to go!

I started noticing that the battery on my scale was getting low so I replaced the battery. My workouts have been good. I have decided to weigh in again on December 31st. I'm pretty sure I won't make my goal of 138/139 by Dec 31st but if I can get to at least 146 (which is my second goal weight) then I will be so excited.

Hope everyone's day is a good one :)

ChickieBoom
12-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey Mizzthingaling...I've been wanting to look into Paleo. I think that it's pretty close to the plan that I'm following but there are some definite differences.

I just signed up for Black Girls Run. I haven't gone to any events yet but I plan to start my Couch to 5k after New Year's? I should probably start now but I need to prepare myself. I completed a Couch to 5k program back in 2006 and I loved it and now I've got a great podcast on my iPhone that will walk me through all of the changes.

I hope you ladies have wonderful Friday!

energie
12-16-2012, 10:49 PM
I've joined the Black Girls Run! in my area too. I havent done any events either but I plan to do a race this upcoming April. Chickie, do you have a certain time you want to achieve for a 5K?

ChickieBoom
12-17-2012, 01:40 PM
I've joined the Black Girls Run! in my area too. I havent done any events either but I plan to do a race this upcoming April. Chickie, do you have a certain time you want to achieve for a 5K?

Right now my focus is on completing the Couch to 5k program in 8 weeks. Once I've done that, I would like to start signing up for races but I have no clue about times. Just the thought of finishing a race is pretty out of control to me. Although, I wouldn't want to be the last one.

biomediproducts
12-17-2012, 01:47 PM
I just signed up for Black Girls Run. I haven't gone to any events yet but I plan to start my Couch to 5k after New Year's? I should probably start now but I need to prepare myself.

Mizzthingaling
12-18-2012, 05:05 AM
I have been liking Paleo. It works for me. I am going to start upping my strictly vegetable days though. I may check out BGR. I think I am going to do the Warrior Dash in April. It already sounds fun. I missed it last year because I was out of town but all the pictures look fun.

The top of my scale came off so I don't think a battery will work. I am trying to figure out which is better. I need something that tells body fat as well.

ChickieBoom
12-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I've been on the fence about whether or not to get a digital scale. I had one and it broke and I bought a regular scale but I feel like I'm not getting a completely accurate reading. I don't know. Now they have the WiFi scales that send your stats to a website. Maybe I'll just stick to what I have.

Lakilaulea
12-18-2012, 10:39 AM
I still have the same digital scale I was given years ago. I thought about getting one of those cool wifi scales, but haven't yet. Mine gives me my weight, BMI, and fat percentage, but I only ever use the weight option. Maybe I'll get a new scale after the new year.

ChickieBoom
12-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Lakilaulea - If I'm being honest...I'm terrified that my weight on a digital scale will be higher. LOL...I'd just rather stick to the number I'm dealing with now.

Lakilaulea
12-18-2012, 10:51 AM
ChickieBoom - LOL that's one of the reasons I'm putting off getting a new scale. Sometimes I have to step on my scale a few times because the number will change. I'll step on it maybe three times in a row and the number that shows up two out of three will be the one I chart. I don't know if I get another scale I'll find out my current one was way off. So maybe once I hit Onederland I'll feel a little more confident about trying out a new scale!

Mizzthingaling
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Chickie I understand that. I had it happen once. It was an eye opener to say the least. I'm going to check some out today. I am going to have to get a plan together for the Warrior Dash. There will be a lot of climbing and crawling, so my training needs to include more than running.

ChickieBoom
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Chickie I understand that. I had it happen once. It was an eye opener to say the least. I'm going to check some out today. I am going to have to get a plan together for the Warrior Dash. There will be a lot of climbing and crawling, so my training needs to include more than running.

Warrior Dash? That sounds hard core! Wow...very impressive. I need to put my Couch to 5K program on my calendar so that I don't keep putting it off. I love being outside and the weather has been really mild here.

Lakilaulea
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
How's it going, ladies???

I'm still hovering at 208..... I have been trying to muster the motivation to go harder with my workouts, but it has been So. Hard. Lately. I haven't indulged in eggnog a single time this season. Usually, I drink eggnog like it's water and tell myself I have to stuff as much as I can down my gullet because it's seasonal. I haven't touched a drop yet this year and I think that's worthy of a pat on the back.... But lately I've been really wanting to celebrate with a pie. Give up one vice for another, huh??

I've been wanting to do a 5k... It's one of my goals for the new year. There's a Polar Bear Dip 5k happening in Virginia Beach in a couple of months I've been eyeing, but so far haven't found anyone willing to take the plunge with me.

Fatness
12-27-2012, 08:01 PM
hello sisters! Weight loss is so mental; I am about to start shooting off some heat!

When you think you are there; it kicks you back a pound or two! Grrrrr!

Hope you ladies are doing better then me! Hard week so far

Fatness
12-27-2012, 08:02 PM
How's it going, ladies???

I'm still hovering at 208..... I have been trying to muster the motivation to go harder with my workouts, but it has been So. Hard. Lately. I haven't indulged in eggnog a single time this season. Usually, I drink eggnog like it's water and tell myself I have to stuff as much as I can down my gullet because it's seasonal. I haven't touched a drop yet this year and I think that's worthy of a pat on the back.... But lately I've been really wanting to celebrate with a pie. Give up one vice for another, huh??

I've been wanting to do a 5k... It's one of my goals for the new year. There's a Polar Bear Dip 5k happening in Virginia Beach in a couple of months I've been eyeing, but so far haven't found anyone willing to take the plunge with me.

great job! willpower! I was at 208 for a while myself and I know you get pass it this week!

beaka
12-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi, Ladies! I hope everyone had a good holiday! I did, and I ate all the way through it!

I went to get some healthy groceries today and will be doing the 17 day diet with a friend. I've had success with it before. One of my guy friends wants to start back running next week. I'm scared to death! I haven't run in about 2 months. I might be passed out on the side of the trail. :halfempty

I'm actually gonna get on the scale in the morning for a starting weight.

ChickieBoom
12-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Happy holidays everyone! I haven't been checking in here while I've been at home with my family but I wanted to say a quick hello.

The digital scale in my parents house is quite a bit different from my scale at home...so I have no idea if I'll make in to Onederland by NYE. I'm staying on plan though and eating like I have been eating so I'm not going to worry about it.

I hope you are all having a lovely holiday!

beaka
12-29-2012, 06:16 PM
ChickieBoom: Really hope you lose that pound!!! Way to go in being so close to Onderland!

Mizzthingaling
12-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA. I've been sick and busy. I did have pie and pizza over the holidays, way off paleo. Sadly, the pizza wasn't even all that. As pricey as it was, it should have been.

I have been trying to figure out if I have enough time to train for the Warrior Dash. There are a lot of obstacles and climbing. I may do a regular 5k first.

beaka
12-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Mizzthingaling- I think you can do it. :) My first race was Run Amuck, which is similar. People at all levels of fitness participate for fun. If you have a supportive friend to do it with, I say go for it.

I'm on Day 2 of the 17 Day Diet. Also thinking about my goals for the year. I want to get all of my plans written down before 2013 gets here.

Mizzthingaling
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Beaka, I may just do it. I am going to add the weeks up to make sure I have enough time. I am writing my plans down as well. I know my first goal already but I need to working on milestones for exercise and weight. I also have some strength goals to work on.

beaka
01-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Mizzthingaling- Glad you have a plan and are motivated for the new year!

Happy new year to all! What are you all's plans for 2013? Let's try to go ahead and reach these goals this year!!!

:newyear:

energie
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
My main goal is to get to 120 by April/May of this year. I also want my 5k time to be 22 minutes or less by then. Id also like to gain some upper body strength. What are everyone elses goals?

Mizzthingaling
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
I want to lose 60 pounds.

I plan to do 2 5ks this year. The first is one up the street and it is a hilly one. The other I am doing the Color Run with my friends and sister. I have gotten them all to agree so I've got to practice.

I also want to gain more upper body strength and do 19 sessions of Callanetics.

Happy New Year all!

ChickieBoom
01-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Happy New Year everyone! I'm starting my Couch to 5K training today. I would like to reach my healthy goal weight by June and get more physically active.

flufflesdmagnificent
01-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone! After gaining back over 50 pounds in 2011-2012, I am once again working to lose the weight. I am very excited for this challenge!

SW: 175
January GW:165
Overall GW: 130

ChickieBoom
01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Welcome back Fluffles! You can do it!

StaceyDanielle
01-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Hello! I am excited about losing weight and keeping it off. I have a feeling this will be my year! Very motivated!

SW: 200lbs
CW: 197
GW: 150

beaka
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Heeeeeeeey, Ladies!!! Glad to see you all posting your goals!

Since I've never been small, I really don't know for sure what my ultimate goal weight is. I'm approaching it in chunks. I can say that I plan to get to my healthy weight in 2013. I'm thinking this will be at about 160. I'm approaching it in chunks.

Goal 1- <200
Goal 2- 188- my lowest adult weight
Goal 3- 175
Goal 4- 160
My super optimistic dream goal- 150

Thinking about having to lose 65 lbs to get to my goal is too overwhelming for me :dizzy:. I'll just worry about 199 for now. :)

Mizzthingaling
01-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Beaka I am right with you. I said once I lose 60, I will see how much further I need to go. I have never been small, so I am just guessing on 150-160 too. I need to get closer to see.

Welcome new people! I will start my 5k training next week. I wanted to do this week but it keep raining and I still have a cough. If it rains next week, I'll finally trek to the gym and do the treadmill, which is not the same. I like to run in cold weather.

ChickieBoom
01-03-2013, 10:05 PM
The smallest that I've ever been was 127 and that happened after a bad breakup and didn't last long. I maintained my weight at about 150 during High School and College. I'd like to get down to 145 and reevaluate things then. I started my running program last night and I'm interested to see what effect that will have on my weight loss.

beaka
01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I haven't been feeling well or eating much, so the scale said 213.2 this morning. I'll take any loss I can get.

Can't wait til I'm under 210! Onderland seems so much closer then. I'm oon Day 6 of the 17 day diet. For dinner I tossed some cooked whole green beans in a low sugar artichoke-tomato sauce and some ground turkey sauteed with onion and bell pepper. I saw a post somewhere about a woman subbing green beans for pasta. It works as a low carb meal, and it's less work than making zucchini strips. This might be one of my regular low cal meals. It definitely ain't a pasta replacement, but it's good.

ChickieBoom- I look forward to seeing how running works for your body. I was amazed at the changes in my legs so quickly. I plan to get back into it in a couple of weeks.

So... what are y'alls eating plans? What good healthy meals have you been eating lately?

caliyah
01-03-2013, 10:39 PM
I am a fat woman of color and my life is crappy. I wish I had the confidence that you all display and you all are so pretty. I Feel hopeless.

ChickieBoom
01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Caliyah - Please don't feel hopeless. I've been there and it's not a good place to be. You are so much more than what you think and you're stronger than you know too. Take baby steps to make the changes that will take your life from crappy to fabulous. It's not as hard as you think. When I started I was 279 pounds and I felt utterly defeated. I hated my life but one day I just decided to make the changes that I wanted to make and I am so thankful that I did. I was blessed that the things in my life that were crappy were things that I had the power to change. They didn't require anything from anyone else and I feel so much better now.

You are beautiful and powerful...you just have to act like it.

ChickieBoom
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Beaka...I'm low carb all the way. I love a zucchini noodle but you're not lying about the prep...tedious to say the least. I made some maple roasted brussels sprouts the other night with sugar free syrup and they were amazing. I eat a lot of broccoli, string beans and I'm obsessed with butternut squash. I eat chicken, fish, pork, beef, seafood. I just cut out the sugar so no bread, pasta, potatoes, alcohol, cereal but I'm so much healthier now. My blood pressure and cholesterol are right were they shoudl be.