Support Groups - Woman of Color #5

Pages : 1 [2]

View Full Version : Woman of Color #5

Mizzthingaling
01-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Caliyah don't feel down. We have all been there, but please remember that you have a bright light within. Don't get down. Fat can be changed. It doesn't define you. Focus on living your best life.

Beaka I am still Paleo mixed with Intermittent Fasting. I like it. My biggest issue is needing to make Paleo friendly meals ahead of time. I feel better when I stick to plan.

beaka
01-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Caliyah: :hug: This is definitely a rough journey. I feel you. We've all had moments where we thought this wasn't worth it or that we could look better, but I find myself just focusing on the end goal. If you're not the person you want to be right now, you've gotta map out a plan for getting yourself there. And this group is happy to support you in the process. I was raised to believe that "God don't make no junk." We are all fearfully and wonderfully made. I know it sounds corny, but doing those daily affirmations to remind yourself of everything that makes you great really does work. Just because we want to improve our bodies doesn't mean we can't still love and accept them in the process. Do things that make you feel beautiful like working out or wearing lipstick or putting on a cute outfit. It makes a difference. :)

ChickieBoom- Do tell about these maple brussels sprouts! I want a recipe. Also, are you totally off of carbs? Fruit too? You are a stronger woman than I! Even though I know it's how I lose weight, I don't think I can leave them alone completely. I have 10 more days of this first phase of the 17 day diet. Then, I can add back in 2 servings of select carbs every other day before 2pm. I'm hoping I can stick with it.

beaka
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Mizzthingaling: So what are your paleo meals like? I heard about that being the "caveman" diet, but I also heard there are some variations. I think the planning is so true. I feel like ALL (well, most) of these diets work- it's the planning that gets us.

caliyah
01-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Thank you for the support. God bless.

Fatness
01-06-2013, 03:10 PM
@Chick; thanks for the nice comment on the NYE form! I just saw they closed it! Grrrr!

However, I been 180 forever and cant break it! I am so close to 179 it is pissing me off! I am so use to loosing 3-4 pounds in a week; I have not lost a darn thing this week. I go from 180-185 and then back to 180! WTF is going on with my body! GRRRRR!

I have high hopes for Tuesday! My goal is to make that 179 by Tuesday! lol
Also I am so happy my Abs are toning up and I can see my muscles forming! I do believe within 1 yr; I should have a six pack! Dont hold me to it! But I do believe! lol

How are you ladies?

Mizzthingaling
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
No problem Caliyah. That's why we're here. We all need support.

Beaka, I follow the Primal Blueprint version. I add cheese and a little yogurt but no milk. It also allows a few baked potatoes. Some versions are a lot stricter, but I'm from a state with an abundance sweet potatoes. I would miss them.

My meals are pretty much low carb. For lunch yesterday we had baked whiting with a big salad that included mushrooms, radishes, carrots, walnuts, and sharp cheddar. I make a homemade dressing to go with it.

The biggest thing is being as natural as possible. That means not High fructose corn syrup, sugar, etc.

beaka
01-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Mizzthingaling- That sounds cool. I'm low-carbing.

I ended up going out last night with a friend. I had a salad with salmon and no alcohol. Felt pretty good about that. These ladies right across from us had dessert. Just my luck! I gotta eat my salad and stare at pie and ice cream!

Weight loss has gone good this week, but I'm gonna wait until Wednesday (my weigh-in day) to change it.

Fatness- I'm ready to party when you reach the 100 lbs loss mark! :carrot:

I know y'all have probably noticed I'm on here a lot lately. I'm trying to stay focused this time, so getting one here or doing something else productive really helps. I just finished making some meals for the week too- turkey meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, sauteed kale, turkey sausage patties ( I season lean ground turkey to taste like breakfast sausage), and chicken for lettuce wraps. Now I have NO EXCUSES for eating anything crazy this week. :D

ChickieBoom
01-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Beaka - I got this recipe from Food & Wine magazine but I made some low carb substitutions. I use sugar free syrup & Splenda instead of brown sugar and I left out the nuts and walnut oil.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/maple-roasted-brussels-sprouts

Fatness
01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
:carrot:Well time to party! I made it to 178! I be hot skippy dog!:carrot::carrot:

Iam in the gym now! Did 3 hrs.. I am going to have a drink to celebrate! I don't give a fart it's 10:59am ..lol drinks on me ladies!

ChickieBoom
01-08-2013, 03:34 PM
:Well time to party! I made it to 178! I be hot skippy dog!

Congrats girlfriend! You are really doing the darn thing!

beaka
01-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Chickieboom: Thanks for sharing the recipe! Looks good!

Fatness! Woop-woop!!! :carrot: :hat:

Fatness
01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Mizzthingaling- That sounds cool. I'm low-carbing.

I ended up going out last night with a friend. I had a salad with salmon and no alcohol. Felt pretty good about that. These ladies right across from us had dessert. Just my luck! I gotta eat my salad and stare at pie and ice cream!

Weight loss has gone good this week, but I'm gonna wait until Wednesday (my weigh-in day) to change it.

Fatness- I'm ready to party when you reach the 100 lbs loss mark! :carrot:

I know y'all have probably noticed I'm on here a lot lately. I'm trying to stay focused this time, so getting one here or doing something else productive really helps. I just finished making some meals for the week too- turkey meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, sauteed kale, turkey sausage patties ( I season lean ground turkey to taste like breakfast sausage), and chicken for lettuce wraps. Now I have NO EXCUSES for eating anything crazy this week. :D

That's good! No excuses is the way to go! You can do it! I know you can! Keep up the good work and you will get there!

Bobbiedoll03
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Hello ladies! I am so happy to have found this thread. Just getting started again...and got a long way to go but I am excited about joining this supportive community. Right now I am doing a cleanse but I am juggling between eating primal/paleo or going back to the south beach diet which was very successful for me in college. I will also be working out with my hunny, we are doing couch to 5k and I will be doing zumba more often. Any tips, suggestions, words of wisdom would be appreciated :-)

ChickieBoom
01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Hey Bobbie...welcome! I started my Couch to 5k last week and I'm really liking it so far. I'll start my week 2 tomorrow morning. I did a run with my local Black Girls Run group too.

The only wisdom that I can impart is...keep at it. I wake up everyday and renew my commitment to living well.

beaka
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Welcome, Bobbie!

ChickieBoom: I need to run with you!!!

Mizzthingaling
01-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Bobbie keep it up. There's a paleo thread around here as well.

Fatness, I am tardy for the party I am still elated for you. Go ahead now!

Diet has been so-so this week and so has weight loss. The good thing is I brought some vegetables and fruit and will be buying more next weekend. My mom and I are going to try to forgo meat for a week ala the Fat Smash diet. I have already roasted some root vegetables and will bake a few potatoes for on the go.

ChickieBoom
01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
ChickieBoom: I need to run with you!!!

You are welcome to join me! Check out BlackGirlsRun.com and their DC Facebook page. They've got groups all over the country. I can't tell you how nice it was running with a big group of girls all committed to getting/being healthy!

energie
01-11-2013, 03:12 PM
You are welcome to join me! Check out BlackGirlsRun.com and their DC Facebook page. They've got groups all over the country. I can't tell you how nice it was running with a big group of girls all committed to getting/being healthy!

So true, Chickie. I joined a group in my area and I am excited :)

Things have been going good with me. I feel smaller but I decided I wont weigh in until Monday. Been a little stressed out because I'm getting a car and having to figure things out is tiresome. I called the dmv to ask about something and they are just rude for no reason. Sometimes I think they just do it because its like they have to be rude because well its the dmv. It feels like they do it because it is the culture of the place. Talk about peer pressure. But anyways ladies, wish me luck, hopefully I will have my nice ride within the next few days !!! :)

ChickieBoom
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm so jealous energie! I would love a new car. Good luck! I feel like dealing with the DMV is a rite of passage. I always have good stories to tell after dealing with them.

beaka
01-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Hey y'all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

energie- So happy for you! I got a car last year. It was a crazy process, but I'm so happy with the car I got. My Mom told me to get a car I loved, and that was the best advice ever... and now I'll be riding it until the wheels fall off!

ChickieBoom- I'm in the group and have run with them before. I mostly run with my Montgomery County running club

Mizzthingaling
01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I may need to get in a running group, but I always ended up running alone because I was so slow. My friends and I have decided to run a 5k together so I'm excited. We're doing a Color Run.

Fatness
01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
hello ladies! How are you Queens? I been busying trying to lose weight and keep up with school work!

I made the best smoothie that was only 195 calories! Then made one that is only 70 calories.

So, if you like smoothies; here is what you need! ( You will need a Blender..duh) smile
1. Doles bag of fruit 70 calories 1 cup
2. Gold Peak Tea Diet (O calories) optional (However, it taste so good when added)

-----------------------------
To create a 195 calories smoothie you will need
1. Doles bag of fruit 70 calories 1 cup
2.Carnation Evaporated Milk 2 teaspoons (80 calories)
3. Sugar of your choice ( I used Domino) 3 teaspoons (45 calories)

Fatness
01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Hello ladies! I am so happy to have found this thread. Just getting started again...and got a long way to go but I am excited about joining this supportive community. Right now I am doing a cleanse but I am juggling between eating primal/paleo or going back to the south beach diet which was very successful for me in college. I will also be working out with my hunny, we are doing couch to 5k and I will be doing zumba more often. Any tips, suggestions, words of wisdom would be appreciated :-)

Don't worry; we all have been there and we all know how it is! You can do it and we are here to help you!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

CICI13
01-14-2013, 10:36 AM
just started my diet today and im sooo ready to get the weight off.. def going to be hard but i am more determined then ever!!!! want to lose 10lbs by valentines day so there will be alot of park days wit my son:D
TIME TO GET MY SEXY ON:o:D

ChickieBoom
01-14-2013, 10:39 AM
just started my diet today and im sooo ready to get the weight off.. def going to be hard but i am more determined then ever!!!! want to lose 10lbs by valentines day so there will be alot of park days wit my son:D

Welcome Cici! Park days sound great! I'm planning a run tonight when I get home from work. I just couldn't get out of bed this morning and get it done.

Fatness
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
You can do it! !

ChickieBoom
01-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I may need to get in a running group, but I always ended up running alone because I was so slow. My friends and I have decided to run a 5k together so I'm excited. We're doing a Color Run.

Girl, I am slow too! I'm not racing anyone! I've never been able to run before so I jog as slowly as you can jog without it being a fast walk! The group that I run with are very patient and they're more interested in you completing the walk/jog program rather than how fast you're going. There are other groups of seasoned runners who are working on improving their time but I don't go out with them...yet.

Bobbiedoll03
01-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks ladies, I have been really discouraged this week...I thinks its just hormones but who knows. I am going to work on being more intentional about planning meals and clearing out my bad food this week. I am just nit motivated to work out...blah, this is my biggest challenge.

ChickieBoom
01-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks ladies, I have been really discouraged this week...I thinks its just hormones but who knows. I am going to work on being more intentional about planning meals and clearing out my bad food this week. I am just nit motivated to work out...blah, this is my biggest challenge.

Motivation comes and goes so I don't use motivation to get stuff done. I try to make commitments to the things I know I need to do and do what I say I'm going to do...whether I feel like it or not.

Fatness
01-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello ladies! how are my Queens? Just checking in; and I Chickie is doing the darn thing! You been working hard Queen! Keep up the good work!

ChickieBoom
01-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Hello ladies! how are my Queens? Just checking in; and I Chickie is doing the darn thing! You been working hard Queen! Keep up the good work!

Thanks girl...just trying to keep up with you :)

Mizzthingaling
01-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Bobbie I understand. When I am just not feeling it, I try to do a low impact exercise like yoga or I add it into my regular day. I'll walk the garbage to the bin (it's far on the other side of the complex) or I park farther or do some leg bends while washing dishes.

Well my weight is finally moving in the right direction again. Not sure if it's the bloat going away or what, but I'll take it.

Fatness
01-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I am having a good week! The 170s are coming off like crazy! 3 more pounds until 169! Lard.......

Mizzthingaling
01-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Well go ahead Fatness. You are breezing through. I can't wait to get to this next decade. I think it is time for me to try some new workout videos to keep it interesting. I haven't changed from my favs in a long time. I am thinking of a new yoga and maybe Masala Banghra. It's kind of a Bollywood dance series. Happy MLK Jr. Day!

Fatness
01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Well go ahead Fatness. You are breezing through. I can't wait to get to this next decade. I think it is time for me to try some new workout videos to keep it interesting. I haven't changed from my favs in a long time. I am thinking of a new yoga and maybe Masala Banghra. It's kind of a Bollywood dance series. Happy MLK Jr. Day!

You will get there! Matter of fact you're on your way! :carrot:

Just made it to 171!. Lard.. I pray I can keep this weight off!

ChickieBoom
01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Hello ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend. I just got back from being out of town and I am TIRED! And it's so cold here that I really didn't want to get out of my bed this morning. But the day is already halfway done so I'll stop complaining.

Talk to you later.

Bobbiedoll03
01-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Hey ladies. So my first week of weight watchers went well. In lost 4.6 pounds and I really feel good about selecting WWs as my plan. I am fighting bronchitis right now so working out was not in my plan today but me and my hunny are doing couch to 5k together which I am excited about. Although working out with the hunny is not cool, he can be a bit of an extremist and I wanna slap him at times, he doesn't get the concept of baby steps lol. Nonetheless I am looking for some strength training to incorporate into my week. Any suggestions for a video or even a game as I have a Wii.

Fatness
01-24-2013, 02:24 AM
I hit that 169 mark.. Lard .. You know I think I'm the s@@@! Hahahahahah
Ego so big right now! Plus I had some pizza yesterday! Ladies..... I pray I can keep this weight off!

Have a good day ladies.. Going to bed and rest!

Fatness
01-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Alright ladies! 168.. Lard! This can't be real!

Mizzthingaling
01-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Fatness you'll keep it off. I am doing better. I tried warm lemon water tonight with ginger and cinnamon. Killed my cravings. I hope that can last. I liked the taste. I'm also going to get some hibiscus and try to make my own lemon zinger tea.

Fatness
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Fatness you'll keep it off. I am doing better. I tried warm lemon water tonight with ginger and cinnamon. Killed my cravings. I hope that can last. I liked the taste. I'm also going to get some hibiscus and try to make my own lemon zinger tea.

Oh wow.. I will have to try that! I be eating the hack out of walnuts everyday! Thanks for that tip...

beaka
01-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey everybody! Glad to see you are all doing well! This week was a little crazy I was out inauguration day with friends and had a great spot at the parade.

I'm at TOM, so my weight is up. I missed a few days of working out but did it today during lunch. My new go-to is YouTube. I didn't realize how many great workout vids were on it. I won't be guying any new ones for a while.

Fatness- So proud of you!

Fatness
01-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Hey^^^^ it seems a lot of people are on Tom.. I must look In to it... Next week your weight will drop, don't even worry! Keep up the good work!

ChickieBoom
01-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Fatness - I am LOVING your new profile picture girl! You are looking teeny tiny and beautiful. You really should think of changing your name to Tiny or Was Fatness. LOL.

I hope everyone is well. It's my TOM and I'm not loving the scale right now but I'm pushing on with my healthy eating and my Couch to 5k. I'm starting Week 4 today. It's cold and rainy here and that's not helping me get motivated but I'm going to get out there and run anyway.

Fatness
01-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Fatness - I am LOVING your new profile picture girl! You are looking teeny tiny and beautiful. You really should think of changing your name to Tiny or Was Fatness. LOL.

I hope everyone is well. It's my TOM and I'm not loving the scale right now but I'm pushing on with my healthy eating and my Couch to 5k. I'm starting Week 4 today. It's cold and rainy here and that's not helping me get motivated but I'm going to get out there and run anyway.

Haha! I can't stop laughing ! My husband calls me chicken neck ..lol:D:dizzy:lol

I might just have to do a name change and thanks for all the nice comments.. You made me feel good Queen!
:hug:

Yes, it been cold as Ice! Rain and snow in the Hampton roads area. But I did not let it stop me. I have been eating a lot of vegan food and its pretty good. It's by Yves.. I think I spelled it right. [smile]. Also I fell I love with this diet tea without calories. Also I just got from the gym and I'm going to rest because I have to take mother to the gym later to night.

I hope your Monday is going well ladies!
Talk too you soon

mscreneet
01-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi ladies...
Ive been gone for a while but once again im back
I have been so down the dumps over the last few weeks in regards to my recent weight gain I really had to force myself to even post
Im hoping that can get back on track and lose this weight.
Its so very frustrating

Mizzthingaling
01-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Mscreneet, we've all been there. Take it one day at a time. Just keep moving forward.

I have been eating a lot of greens lately. I've just had taste for salads, which is good. Exercise has been lacking but I am trying again tomorrow. My clavicle is starting show. I looked in the mirror and was like, " Hello stranger." Ha ha. I can't wait for my freaking face and neck to slim down.

mscreneet
01-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Im up and ready to start a new chapter.
Thanks Mizzthingaling for the encouragement.

I think im going to talk to my husband today about my emotional eating.
I dont think he really understands how serious it is for me.
I have to get him to understand that he will not be able to "fix me" which he always wants to do when I have any type of problem, I really just need his support.

Have a great day ladies. I'll be checking in daily. Im making that one of my goals.

ChickieBoom
01-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi ladies...
I have been so down the dumps over the last few weeks in regards to my recent weight gain I really had to force myself to even post
Its so very frustrating

This is what kept me from tackling my weight for a very long time. I would get depressed about my weight and sit home and eat and then gain more weight. Finally I was able to look at the situation I was in and be grateful that I didn't need anyone but me to get out of it. Knowing that I had over 100 pounds to lose felt insurmountable but I told myself every day that time was passing whether or not I was on my diet and did I really want another year to pass without getting myself together.

It always seems impossible in the beginning but all it takes to lose weight is time and commitment. The time is going to pass regardless so you might as well just make the commitment. Time flies anyway. Weren't we all just talking about the holidays? Now January is over!

Fatness
01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi ladies...
Its so very frustrating

You can you can do it!:carrot: welcome back!

highcidity
01-30-2013, 04:43 AM
I'd like to join you ladies!
I'm also from the DMV area and have about 30lbs to lose :-)

ChickieBoom
01-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Welcome Highcidity!

highcidity
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Welcome Highcidity!

Thanks ChickieBoom! From your tracker, you have been doing very well! congrats on the weight loss. What are you doing? I am starting WW today. I've heard so many great things about it

mscreneet
01-31-2013, 12:34 AM
Hi ladies

Im checking in a bit late tonight.
The kids decided to try and drive me crazy today so its been a rough one...LOL
I did great wit my calories and came in under my goal.
I didnt get to work out as I had hoped but I did find a Aqua Zumba class that I will start taking next week. Now I have to go find a swimsuit and water shoes.

Is anyone here on Myfitnesspal? Im trying to use that as a tool as well.

ChickieBoom
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks ChickieBoom! From your tracker, you have been doing very well! congrats on the weight loss. What are you doing? I am starting WW today. I've heard so many great things about it

Thanks! I'm actually following a 12 step program for compulsive overeaters called The GreySheet. It's a very low carb plan that cuts out sugar. I eat fresh fruits and vegetables and protein and fat and I measure out everything that I put in my mouth.

Good luck with WW...I know a lot of people who have had great success with it!

highcidity
02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi ladies

I didnt get to work out as I had hoped but I did find a Aqua Zumba class that I will start taking next week. Now I have to go find a swimsuit and water shoes.

Thats great. Are you just counting calories or on a program?
I am on MFP. I love it

Thanks! I'm actually following a 12 step program for compulsive overeaters called The GreySheet. It's a very low carb plan that cuts out sugar. I eat fresh fruits and vegetables and protein and fat and I measure out everything that I put in my mouth.

Good luck with WW...I know a lot of people who have had great success with it!

Thank you

Fatness
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi ladies

I am on myfitnesspal ., you can add me if you want.. Kawthar718

ChickieBoom
02-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Made it through the Super Bowl! Now back to business. Hope everyone has an awesome Monday!

Mizzthingaling
02-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I've been MIA. Went on a trip this weekend and didn't eat well, but yesterday was better. I am going to try to up my run days to 5 miles. I'll still run 3, walk 2. I lost a lot of weight doing that last time.

I do the Paleo plan. I like it because the stuff that I don't eat on the diet, I can't eat for stomach reason anyway. I ate a hamburger Friday and felt like someone was kicking me in the stomach. Gluten is not my friend.

mscreneet
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Fatness I just added you to myfitness pal
Mizzthingalong...I had to cut out beef altogether.I dont like the way I feel after I eat it. I stopped a while ago and then hubby talked me into tasting his steak one night and I relapsed but im over it now. No more.

I took my measurements, weighed in and started on a new plan today.
Im hoping I get great results this time

ChickieBoom
02-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Hey everyone! I started weight lifting again. Just for 30 minutes this morning but I'm hoping that cross training will help me stay fit and injury free now that I'm running (jogging). I definitely feel some tightness in my hip flexors and my ankle was throbbing a little yesterday. Don't need those kinds of problems. I'm going to look into getting a better pair of shoes.

Mizzthingaling
02-05-2013, 11:38 PM
I've started back weight training as well. I think I am going to start incorporated Callanetics with it to help with my stretching. My hamstrings felt so tight during my run today. I think I am going to try doing my long run Saturday and see how I feel.

ChickieBoom
02-06-2013, 08:36 AM
I ran for 8 minutes this morning without stopping! Twice! I'm so happy to be sticking to this Couch to 5K program.

Mizzthingaling
02-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats Chickie! Good for you for staying at it.

I am going to try a longer run tomorrow with added hills. I hope I make it. Its the same trail I trained for my half marathon on, but it's been a long time since I've been out there.

I got the Amanda Latona butt workout and I am starting that today. I was going to lift heavy, but I think I will start really upping my weight next month. I don't want to do too much, too soon and burn out.

Finally, scale too. Whoop Whoop. That other one was 6 pound off. I've got to kick it into gear.

mscreneet
02-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Hey ladies....
Just thought Id check in to see what Ive missed.
I did "ok" with getting in some excercise this week.

I did great with sticking to my low fat diet and staying at or below my calorie goal.

Tomorrow will be my first weigh-in since getting back on track.
Hope im pleased with the results.

ChickieBoom
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Started my Brazil Butt Lift DVDs today. Pretty intense. Hope everyone is well.

Fatness
02-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Hello my queens! Miss you guys! having a bad week! I HAVE NOT LOST ONE DINKY POUND! However, I have not gained! I am thinking its from the weigh lifting! grrrr! I have been eating junk food also; but it had not made me gain anything!

how are you ladies?

mscreneet
02-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Good very early morning ladies.
I could hardly sleep knowing today I would weigh myself..lol
Well Im super happy.....5pounds down in week 1.
That just added on to my motivation
Hope you ladies have an awesome Sunday!!!

Mizzthingaling
02-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi ladies, just checking in. I did my last day of my second go at week 1. It was a lot easier and that was with all the hills I ran. The walk back was hard though. Seemed like I would never get back to the car. I ended up doing 5 miles.

I woke up today with my whole body sore. I think that Amanda Latona workout added to my butt soreness. My weight is going down. I was given some fluid pills so I think it's just water weight. I'll see what I am when it balances out.

Congrats on the loss MS!

Fatness
02-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Good very early morning ladies.
I could hardly sleep knowing today I would weigh myself..lol
Well Im super happy.....5pounds down in week 1.
That just added on to my motivation
Hope you ladies have an awesome Sunday!!!

Congrats! keep up the good work!:carrot:

Bobbiedoll03
02-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Congrats everyone. I have been out of town for a retreat this week and I tried to track and control my food choices the best I could. We shall see what happens tomorrow when I go to my weight watchers meeting.

ChickieBoom
02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Hey everyone...hope you're well. Today was an exercise rest day for me. I didn't have to wake up at 5am to run or do my Brazil Butt Lift DVDs but I'm back at it tomorrow morning. It will be Week 6 Day 2 of my C25K and I have an hour of Brazil Butt Lift. I'm going to make the one month commitment and see what happens. The dvds are really fun so that's a good thing.

mscreneet
02-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Hey everyone...hope you're well. Today was an exercise rest day for me. I didn't have to wake up at 5am to run or do my Brazil Butt Lift DVDs but I'm back at it tomorrow morning. It will be Week 6 Day 2 of my C25K and I have an hour of Brazil Butt Lift. I'm going to make the one month commitment and see what happens. The dvds are really fun so that's a good thing.

I was wonderng about the Brazil Butt lift videos
My husband keeps telling me to order and try it
Im thinking I already have enough videos in the houe that I dont use..lol

ChickieBoom
02-13-2013, 11:46 AM
I was wonderng about the Brazil Butt lift videos
My husband keeps telling me to order and try it
Im thinking I already have enough videos in the houe that I dont use..lol

I hear you. Everytime I see an infomercial for something that promises to shed the weight away, I order it. I've got a nice little fitness library. The only DVD that I've ever completed is TurboFire. I did that one everyday for 3 months and got the t-shirt and everything. I plan to complete 2 months of Brazil Butt Lift because it's just in time for summer and my thighs are completely out of control (not in a good way). The workouts are a lot of fun and I can feel the burn the next day.

Mizzthingaling
02-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Hi all. I too have a lot of DVDs. I am thinking of adding another Yoga one though. I have the 10 minute one, but I think it's time to move to an intermediate one.

I am also changing my diet plan. I love Paleo, but I am not dropping as fast as I need to. I think it would be great for maintenance and general stomach help though. I am switching back to the Ideal Protein protocol and then I'll evaluate phasing off when I get to -60. That is the only diet that has really dropped my blood pressure into a normal level and allowed me to lose quickly. I'm still going to do Intermittent Fasting with it but that'll just include cutting my meals at a certain time.

ChickieBoom
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
I am also changing my diet plan. I love Paleo, but I am not dropping as fast as I need to. I think it would be great for maintenance and general stomach help though. I am switching back to the Ideal Protein protocol and then I'll evaluate phasing off when I get to -60. That is the only diet that has really dropped my blood pressure into a normal level and allowed me to lose quickly. I'm still going to do Intermittent Fasting with it but that'll just include cutting my meals at a certain time.

I keep hearing people talk about Ideal Protein. How do you like it? What is it exactly? I was thinking about changing my diet plan because I've hit a plateau but apparently everyone hits a plateau at some point or another so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Fatness
02-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Hello ladies.. The scale has moved and I. Just hit 160.. Omg.. 159 is so.. Close! This does not even feel real.. I am waiting for me to wake up

Mizzthingaling
02-15-2013, 05:20 PM
It's a protocol where you replace 2 meals and a snack with a shake/meal. You do the program under Dr. supervision or you can follow the protocol on your own with alternative products. That is what I used.

It definitely works but you have to be in the mindset to 1. Follow the program and 2. Trust it. I'm sure you could bust through a plateau with it. There's a forum on here about it.

I keep hearing people talk about Ideal Protein. How do you like it? What is it exactly? I was thinking about changing my diet plan because I've hit a plateau but apparently everyone hits a plateau at some point or another so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Oh and CONGRATS Fatness! I know you've been waiting on the scale to move.

Fatness
02-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Hello queens!

How are your weekend going?
so far this weekend has been good for me! made it to 159 and feeling good!

talk to you ladies soon

Fatness
02-16-2013, 03:31 PM
It's a protocol where you replace 2 meals and a snack with a shake/meal. You do the program under Dr. supervision or you can follow the protocol on your own with alternative products. That is what I used.

It definitely works but you have to be in the mindset to 1. Follow the program and 2. Trust it. I'm sure you could bust through a plateau with it. There's a forum on here about it.

Oh and CONGRATS Fatness! I know you've been waiting on the scale to move.

yes i have! lol :carrot:

Mizzthingaling
02-17-2013, 10:32 PM
This weekend was so so. I am still trying to balance IP with exercise. I have nixed a running day but will keep the 5 miles. My first goal is to move past the next two decades. Once I do that I can add the say back. I will be doing Callanetics on 2 other days. I am trying to have 2 rest days.

I feel like I always have to get my game plan together or I'll waver

Fatness
02-18-2013, 09:06 AM
This weekend was so so. I am still trying to balance IP with exercise. I have nixed a running day but will keep the 5 miles. My first goal is to move past the next two decades. Once I do that I can add the say back. I will be doing Callanetics on 2 other days. I am trying to have 2 rest days.

I feel like I always have to get my game plan together or I'll waver

Great! The best thing to do is have a plan! You set a plan; now you have to follow through. I know you can do it!:carrot:

Mizzthingaling
02-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Great! The best thing to do is have a plan! You made set a plan now you have to follow through. I know you can do it!:carrot:

Thanks today was a good day. I found out I have been low in iron and potassium so I switched my multi vitamins and brought a lot of green veggies. I will add in a little red meat here in there to get in my heme iron.

Fatness
02-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks today was a good day. I found out I have been low in iron and potassium so I switched my multi vitamins and brought a lot of green veggies. I will add in a little red meat here in there to get in my heme iron.

Thats great! You are right on track! I need to look more into that myself:carrot:

ChickieBoom
02-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone...back from a long weekend away and thrilled that I've finally broken through my plateau. Now I can't wait to get my run in tomorrow. I've got a new running app for my iPhone that I'm super excited to try out tomorrow morning.

Mizzthingaling
02-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Yay Chickie for breaking through!

I am resting today. I had a run yesterday it was so so. The lower body workout afterwards was good however. I can't wait to start seeing results. I need to take some measurements. Diet is still going. I am trying not to weigh again til Monday. We shall see.

ChickieBoom
02-21-2013, 10:48 AM
I always try not to weigh everyday but I see the scale sitting there and I just can't help myself! Very tough few weeks when I wasn't losing but I'm really glad that I wasn't tempted to get off plan. I think that I'm finally starting to see some results from running. I saw calf muscles in my legs which I've NEVER had.

Fatness
02-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Love the new photo chick!

Keep up the good work

Fatness
02-21-2013, 02:42 PM
This week has been good to me! I have hit 154.. 4 more pounds to go before 149, omg!!!...... 145 is my goal weight and fom there .. I will try to stay at 145-150...

ChickieBoom
02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
This week has been good to me! I have hit 154.. 4 more pounds to go before 149, omg!!!...... 145 is my goal weight and fom there .. I will try to stay at 145-150...

WOW! That is amazing! Your weight has really been flying off...well done on all of your hard work!

Fatness
02-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Chickie you have a chicken neck like me! We lost all the chubbness in our face and neck!
You have came so far! So proud of you!:carrot::carrot:

energie
02-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Fatness, you are doing great!!!!!

Sorry I've been away for sometime. I finally got my car!!! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm back to hitting up the gym this sunday..... I plan to be between 130-135 by mid May.

I will check back in soon :)

ChickieBoom
02-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Chickie you have a chicken neck like me! We lost all the chubbness in our face and neck!
You have came so far! So proud of you!:carrot::carrot:

HA! I love it! Thanks sister! The funny thing is that I was convinced that I wasn't gaining that much weight in my face and would have bet money that you couldn't really tell that I'd gained any weight from the neck up. Had to put the side by side comparison together.

Fatness
02-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Fatness, you are doing great!!!!!

Sorry I've been away for sometime. I finally got my car!!! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm back to hitting up the gym this sunday..... I plan to be between 130-135 by mid May.

I will check back in soon :)

Welcome back! We're happy you got you're car!:carrot::carrot:

energie
02-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks Fatness.

Chickie you are doing great!!!

beaka
02-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Hey.

I'm back.

Fell off the wagon while traveling.

:^:

I was up to 217.4. Been eating well and working out this week.

Fatness
02-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey.

I'm back.

Fell off the wagon while traveling.

:^:

I was up to 217.4. Been eating well and working out this week.

welcome back:carrot::carrot::carrot:

energie
02-23-2013, 08:46 PM
I got to the gym today. Did a 30 min run and walked for 35 minutes. I burned 600 calories. Today is a good day!

ChickieBoom
02-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks energie! I'm trying to get motivated to get to the grocery store but I can't pull myself away from this show House of Cards. It's addictive.

ChickieBoom
02-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Went running this morning and managed to increase my pace to 11.43. I couldn't believe it. That's still pretty slow and I eventually would like to get it under 10 but I was pretty impressed with myself. Mostly because I've managed to stick with the program. I'm in my second to last week of my Couch to 5k program. 5 more runs and I'm done.

ChickieBoom
02-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I seem to have developed some sort of runner's knee pain. Thinking about getting a knee brace to help.

Fatness
02-27-2013, 03:24 PM
I seem to have developed some sort of runner's knee pain. Thinking about getting a knee brace to help.

That could be caused by too much weigh on one knee. So yes get a knee brace to help.. Keep up the good work.

For me.. I been stuck again ladies.. 151-152 .. I eat and get to the gym I a, 152 ; after working out I am 151.. This will be a fight !

Hope u ladies are doing better than me!

mscreneet
02-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Hey ladies
Im back trying to play catch up once again.
My business has picked up and has kept me pretty busy the last few weeks on top of that I was out of town for a week and actually put my scale in my suitcase and took it wit me. I refused to gain a pound while I was away and I didnt. I actually lost a few more and was super psyched that I was able to pretty much stay on track.
Hope you ladies are doing well and ill be reading all of the new post tomorro so that I can play catch up.

ChickieBoom
03-01-2013, 08:43 AM
That could be caused by too much weigh on one knee. So yes get a knee brace to help.. Keep up the good work.

For me.. I been stuck again ladies.. 151-152 .. I eat and get to the gym I a, 152 ; after working out I am 151.. This will be a fight !

Hope u ladies are doing better than me!

Thanks! I'm going to a running store in VA this weekend called Pacers. They're supposed to be really good for diagnosing your gait and putting you in proper shoes, braces and all that good stuff. I'm also going to buy some official running clothes. I've been wearing old ratty tee shirts and gym clothes from 10 years ago. I want a neon yellow jacket and some proper pants!

Fatness
03-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Thanks! I'm going to a running store in VA this weekend called Pacers. They're supposed to be really good for diagnosing your gait and putting you in proper shoes, braces and all that good stuff. I'm also going to buy some official running clothes. I've been wearing old ratty tee shirts and gym clothes from 10 years ago. I want a neon yellow jacket and some proper pants!

Wow! that sounds awesome! I did not even know they had places like that.

Fatness
03-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Hello , ladies I been thinking long and hard about my weight and I really like my shape.. My mea. Are 30c-27-43. My shape is Fire! So I will keep my weight from 150-155... My husband love my new body.. We are just working on my abs now! Trying to get a six pack... Lol.....

I was thinking the smaller I got the better, but it hit me, do I want a child body or do I want to fill in my clothes? I set in my room for 2 hrs looking at myself and said! I made it this far and kept the weight off, so I know I can do it! I must be happy with myself and that's what I was lacking sisters! Being happy.. I would see other skinny women in say to myself; "if I get that small I won't be fat".

My husband told me, he loves me fat or thick! Lol that made me feel good and then he took me shopping! Smile. While I will not be posting a lot anymore... I will come back with updates... You ladies are the best!

ChickieBoom
03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Hello , ladies I been thinking long and hard about my weight and I really like my shape.. My mea. Are 30c-27-43. My shape is Fire! So I will keep my weight from 150-155... My husband love my new body.. We are just working on my abs now! Trying to get a six pack... Lol.....

I was thinking the smaller I got the better, but it hit me, do I want a child body or do I want to fill in my clothes? I set in my room for 2 hrs looking at myself and said! I made it this far and kept the weight off, so I know I can do it! I must be happy with myself and that's what I was lacking sisters! Being happy.. I would see other skinny women in say to myself; "if I get that small I won't be fat".

My husband told me, he loves me fat or thick! Lol that made me feel good and then he took me shopping! Smile. While I will not be posting a lot anymore... I will come back with updates... You ladies are the best!

Congratulations on all your success Slim! I still think that you should come to the site often because being in maintenance still requires support but I'm happy that you're happy with the progress that you've made! It's awesome that your husband is so supportive and loves you no matter your shape or size.

OnaMi
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
:wave: everybody..

Congrats Fatness :bravo: you've done an awesome job :cp: I'm begining to feel the same way...maintaining my weight @ 150-155 is doable.

Enjoy your shopping Chickie :carrot: sounds awesome :) I'm totally w/ya on the posting.Seems like that's the only thing that really helps keep me in check :D

SunnyDC
03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Hey Everybody!

I'm not new to 3fc but I have been inactive. I live in DC and work in Maryland. Anybody from around the DMV area?

I used to hang out in here, Atkins and the 30-somethings forum. Right now I am trying to lose 10lbs again and get outta the 160's for good!

Hope to see you guys around in this thread.

Sunny

SunnyDC
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Hey ladies
Im back trying to play catch up once again.
My business has picked up and has kept me pretty busy the last few weeks on top of that I was out of town for a week and actually put my scale in my suitcase and took it wit me. I refused to gain a pound while I was away and I didnt. I actually lost a few more and was super psyched that I was able to pretty much stay on track.
Hope you ladies are doing well and ill be reading all of the new post tomorro so that I can play catch up.

Wow!! Took your scale with you! That goes hard. I think I may start doing that when I travel.

qtee
03-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi ...how did I not see this thread...anyway I'm hoping to lose 50 (or more pounds).... So far I have lost 13 with just calorie counting in the last 3 weeks...I just added exercise to my routine to kick it into high gear... Spring is coming and I wanna be ready..anyway I'm on MFP add me liteskin_qtee...

ChickieBoom
03-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Back on my 186 plateau...I can't seem to get out of the 180s...ARGH.

Mizzthingaling
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi all. I feel like I've been really MIA. I took my vacation and really took a mental break. It was fun, but I'm back and ready. I did actually get some good workouts in. That's a first.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

qtee
03-05-2013, 07:57 PM
C25K W1D2 completed..plus an additional 30 minutes...

ChickieBoom
03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
C25K W1D2 completed..plus an additional 30 minutes...

Nice! I'm just finishing my C25K...I'm in my last week. So glad that I did it though.

qtee
03-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Nice! I'm just finishing my C25K...I'm in my last week. So glad that I did it though.

Finished W1 D3 today plus another 1.2 miles...I'm nervous tho...I've never been a runner...I'm hoping I will be able to complete it without feeling like I'm going to die.....

Congrats ChickieBoom:carrot::carrot::carrot:

qtee
03-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Well this week has been hard...I added an exercise plan on Sunday and have continued all week..but the irony is that I stopped losing weight this week too..go figure... Previously I was just dieting and not exercising, I was dropping weight a cpl pounds a week...this week I'm running and walking on the treadmill...I stalled...lost .5 lbs the had a gain if 2 lbs ...frustrating to say the least... But instead of getting down about the (insert expletive) scale...I tried on a pair of pants that I have never wore...a size 11/12 pants cut small ...I bought then from old navy with other 11/12s last year but those I couldn't close at all...today they went on easy and closed with room...thats progress...and even tho the scale sucks big time...I know I am progressing....

ChickieBoom
03-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Finished W1 D3 today plus another 1.2 miles...I'm nervous tho...I've never been a runner...I'm hoping I will be able to complete it without feeling like I'm going to die.....

Congrats ChickieBoom:carrot::carrot::carrot:

You are a runner! Don't be nervous just keep pushing forward. I was never a runner before and some runs are much more difficult than others. I was struggling this morning. There were a lot of hills on my path and I wanted to quit several times but I just kept moving and eventually I found my pace. I was thrilled when it was over though! I also find that the music I'm listening to makes a huge difference. I need upbeat fast paced songs.

qtee
03-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I was on my treadmill everyday last week...From Sunday to Saturday. I'm debating if I'm getting on the treadmill today to start W2 of C25K. However I'm tired..I had insomnia last night...As an alternative I may exercise with one of the Ondemand exercise programs..

ChickieBoom
03-11-2013, 05:51 AM
I ran five miles on Saturday in Central Park with my brother. It was amazing out there but I was exhausted after. I'm officially finished with my C25k so I'm taking a long brisk walk today. The thought of running is not appealing to me today.

qtee
03-11-2013, 10:02 PM
I ran five miles on Saturday in Central Park with my brother. It was amazing out there but I was exhausted after. I'm officially finished with my C25k so I'm taking a long brisk walk today. The thought of running is not appealing to me today.
WOW Thats great....:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mizzthingaling
03-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Yay Chickie for finishing the C25K. Are you doing any races? I am excited for mine. I'm going to have green hair and everything.

ChickieBoom
03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Yay Chickie for finishing the C25K. Are you doing any races? I am excited for mine. I'm going to have green hair and everything.

I haven't signed for anything but I know that I need to...to keep my momentum going!

Mizzthingaling
03-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Races do help with a new goal. I have started using other reward to help me as well. Does anyone else use rewards?

Fatness
03-19-2013, 08:28 PM
hello ladies! i see you ladies are doing good! just checking on you guys! i been on a ice cream diet and lost 3 pounds in 3 days! i am loving the ice cream diet!

Keep up the good work ladies

Mizzthingaling
03-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Now Fatness, you know you have to tell us about the ice cream diet? Is it as delicious as it sounds?

ChickieBoom
03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone! I'm finally moving out of my 180's plateau (which wasn't really a plateau as I was eating as if I was in maintenance). I tracked my calories, figured out what I was doing wrong and made some adjustments and now the weight is coming off again. Thank goodness because Summer is just around the corner. I've also been better (but still not great) about my water intake.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Mizzthingaling
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Good for you Chickie! Water really does help. I am trying to get all mine in as well. I am going to get a new piercing next week, because I made a goal of staying on plan for the last week.

I've lost 7 pounds, so I really need to stick OP and I'll be looking good by summer.

Fatness
03-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Hey everyone! I'm finally moving out of my 180's plateau (which wasn't really a plateau as I was eating as if I was in maintenance). I tracked my calories, figured out what I was doing wrong and made some adjustments and now the weight is coming off again. Thank goodness because Summer is just around the corner. I've also been better (but still not great) about my water intake.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

That's great! You are doing o good! Keep up the great work:carrot:

Fatness
03-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Now Fatness, you know you have to tell us about the ice cream diet? Is it as delicious as it sounds?

It s great! Reached 144 today.. Not trying to lose tho...

I eat 1100 cal in veg and 300 in ice cream and only workout 1 hr 30mins every other day.. And been losing. I eat weight watchers ice cream bars and they are so good! :carrot:

Mizzthingaling
03-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Interesting. That seems like something I can try when I get to my first goal. I think I'm going to get tired of all the protein by the time I get there. I love veggies. I would just need to find some interesting recipes.

MSDEEDEE23
03-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Hey ladies, just stumbled across this forum

ChickieBoom
03-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Welcome MsDeeDee! You're doing amazingly well!

Mizzthingaling
03-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Welcome MsDeeDee! Chickie, I am liking the new pic.

I hope everyone has a good, safe holiday.

ChickieBoom
03-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks Mizzthingaling! First time that I've gotten dressed up in awhile. I was having a mini freakout...lol.

Mizzthingaling
04-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I see it's been quiet. I hope all is good with everyone. I am trying to get into graduate school, so it has been a busy time. My mother has joined me on my diet so that should be good support.

ChickieBoom
04-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Mizzthingaling - congrats on applying to grad school...how exciting!

This forum has been pretty quiet. I wonder if people are getting Spring fever? I know that the closer we get to Summer, the more determined I am to stay on plan. I'm closer than I've been in a very long time.

So, I hope that everyone is well and I hope to see you all around here soon.

Mizzthingaling
04-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe people are gearing up to push til summer. I am trying to forge through as well. It was in the 80s here. I know summer is going to be kicking, so I need to be diligent. I want to wear short sleeves and short skirts. Ha

ChickieBoom
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Maybe people are gearing up to push til summer. I am trying to forge through as well. It was in the 80s here. I know summer is going to be kicking, so I need to be diligent. I want to wear short sleeves and short skirts. Ha

I hear it...I don't know about short sleeves for me...my arms are pretty flabby but we'll see how much weight lifting I can do between now and then.

Shelby1207
04-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Hi everybody,

I've been wanting to lose weight for a very long time and just cant seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I currently weight 159 pounds and my goal is about 135. I hate the way I look right now so I don't even like to wear pants. If a person look at me they wont be able to tell I weight that much because all my weight is in my lower body. I have really big hips and legs. My waist is small other then the tiny gut I have. When people ask me how much I weight I lie and say 140 and I hate to lie. Last week I went on a diet and didn't eat any food at all for 3 days so I could curb my appetite because when I get bored all I think about is food. I cut out all the fast food and started focusing more on healthy foods. I lost 8pounds within that week but I gained it all right back I am now eating for breakfast 1 package of Quakers oatmeal for lunch half a turkey sandwich for dinner half a cup of mixed vegetables and 1 skinless chicken breast. For the past 10days I've been walking a track for 2miles with a sauna suit on and every other day Ill try to do about 50 sit ups and 60 leg lifts. Somebody please tell me what I need to do lose weight. I want to lose at least 10 pounds by May if possible.

ChickieBoom
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi Shelby...welcome!

I'm not really sure what to tell you. The key to losing weight is pretty simple...diet and exercise. It's about 80% diet and 20% exercise. There's no point killing yourself in the gym if you're not going to change your eating habits. When it comes to diet, you need to figure out what your particular food issues are and find the plan that works best for your needs. Some people love calorie counting, some swear by Weight Watchers, I'm a low-carb advocate.

If you want to calorie count, you might want to set up an account at SparkPeople or MyFitnessPal and enter your information and they'll give you guidelines for how many calories you should be eating every day for your current weight.

I'm not an advocate of weight loss fads so I can't speak to what a sauna suit is going to do for you but you need to eat. You're not doing yourself any favors by starving yourself for 3 days. That's not healthy and you're doing more harm than good. If you can't stop thinking about food, snack on some fruit or vegetables or eat a big salad. Big salads are my secret weapon. I eat 16oz of salad with my dinner every night and it fills me up. The last thing I'm thinking about after I eat all of that salad is food.

They say it's healthy to lose 1-2 pounds per week if you're being careful about your calories so it's possible that you could lose 10 pounds in about 5 weeks or so.

If I were you, I would choose a plan and make a commitment to stick to that plan for 5 weeks and see where you are.

Good luck!

Fatness
04-12-2013, 04:25 PM
You are doing so good chick! keep up the good work! the last photo you had look was beautiful

ChickieBoom
04-15-2013, 11:17 AM
You are doing so good chick! keep up the good work! the last photo you had look was beautiful

Thanks girl...glad to see you around!

Fatness
04-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Yea.. still around! been busy with school. I been able to keep the weight off.. i have not been back to 145.. just made it to 140 today!

you ladies keep up the good work!

Mizzthingaling
04-16-2013, 02:15 AM
Glad to see everyone around. I have really been slipping on water these past two weeks. I am going trying to up it this week. It has already been getting hot here and I don't want to get dehydrated.

ChickieBoom
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Glad to see everyone around. I have really been slipping on water these past two weeks. I am going trying to up it this week. It has already been getting hot here and I don't want to get dehydrated.

Same here. I swell like crazy during the summer and I know that I need to be drinking lots of water. Going to get some right now!

Mizzthingaling
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Okay I have been testing this out for a while before I tell people. I am in LOVE with hibiscus tea. Remember when I said I was going to try to make my own Lemon Zinger? I did and it tastes great. The kicker though, is that the hibiscus has been so good for me and even my mom. It is lowering my HBP, lowering her sugar and helping us both to lose.

We're both doing the ideal protein protocol which is strict. It's actually helping with cravings. I think that's why Lemon Zinger always stopped my sweet cravings. It's hibiscus based. I really am thinking of growing my own. I have a big cold glass every night. I just thought I would share, since y'all always share good ideas.

ImImportant
04-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a while and I see that you all are making great progress. I have a question that is not really weight related.

At my highest weight I transitioned from relaxed to natural hair. It has been 2 years and now I'm feeling like my hair doesn't look good with my new face. My head is big, my hair is big and grows UP but my face has narrowed. Now I'm thinking about relaxing my hair again but I really love that I can exercise without worrying about sweating, the ease of styling in the morning and the feeling of being free from the dreaded 6 week new growth rush to touch-up.

Any suggestions?

qtee
04-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi ...haven't posted in a while.....too many cheats days ...I'm ready to get out if the 180s hopefully by the end of the month...

Mizzthingaling
04-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I love big hair but I know it's not for everyone. Have you thought about doing braid outs, twist outs or updos? All of those can be tailored to your face. I'm sure you can find one of the people on youtube with your face shape and see what type of styles she does. I hated relaxing, so I understand how you feel.

Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a while and I see that you all are making great progress. I have a question that is not really weight related.

At my highest weight I transitioned from relaxed to natural hair. It has been 2 years and now I'm feeling like my hair doesn't look good with my new face. My head is big, my hair is big and grows UP but my face has narrowed. Now I'm thinking about relaxing my hair again but I really love that I can exercise without worrying about sweating, the ease of styling in the morning and the feeling of being free from the dreaded 6 week new growth rush to touch-up.

Any suggestions?

ChickieBoom
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Not sure what to tell you ImImportant...when I had natural hair, I kept it super short. Now my hair is relaxed and I still work out but I'll keep it in braided or up styles.

ChickieBoom
04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome back qtee!

Cinnamonfox89
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi Ladies,

I started my fitness and eating right journey last week and been determined and motivated to change my life around for good. I don't diet I know what the difference between good and bad foods. As of last week I have been doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zone in the morning and a hour run in the afternoon. Love the support on this forum would you guys mind if I join in on the thread?

ImImportant
04-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks ChickiBoom and Missthingaling (love those names)! I made an appointment for a consultation at a salon specializing in natural hair. I was very active with my relaxed hair too but when I started swimming all bets were off. I like my hair both ways but natural just works for me best at this time.

This is what I currently look like!

ChickieBoom
04-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Welcome CinnamonFox! We are all here to help eachother. The daily accountability that I get from coming here is so important for me. Also, it's good that I can talk about diet related things here so I don't annoy my friends (who I'm sure are sick and tired of it all).

ImImportant
04-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I had my consultation today and it turns out that I should not be styling my hair immediately after washing. The resulting shrinkage contributed to my Franklin hair - although I like that look sometimes. The stylist showed me quite a few techniques that I will try soon and she wasn't pushy with products. All in all 1 hour spent learning from a professional was worth the time.

Cinnamonfox89
04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Happy to be here ;-) I am in that bikini challenge thing I haven't weighed in yet I am waiting for the next weigh in but I been working my buns off yesterday I took a semi break from my usual run in the afternoon I think I burned myself out because I have been doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones for almost a week now I haven't missed a days so after yesterday morning workout I told myself you can take that time off from running today... Wasn't really happy with what I put in my mouth after I had my lunch which was turkey patty and salad... But tomorrow is a new day and I'm ready for it. How about you ladies what have you guys been eating?

ChickieBoom
04-25-2013, 10:18 AM
ImImportant - I'm so glad that you got some useful information! I also hate when people try to pressure me to buy products so I'm happy that you didn't have to experience that.

CinnamonFox - I follow a low carb diet. I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast, protein, vegetables and salad for lunch and dinner. I cut out the alcohol and all processed sugars. That's been the best thing for me.

Cinnamonfox89
04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah that sounds similar to how I have been eating but I didn't know it was called a low carb diet. I think it would be a good idea to cut out my alcohol intake so I can maximize my results because when you put so much effort into fitness and what your putting in your mouth the benefits outweigh a cocktail for a night.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wVA3nuv/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVA3nuv/)

Fatness
04-28-2013, 05:45 AM
Hello ladies and I see we have new queens that joined us!

Looking good Chick!

I have just been maintaining,but lately i have not been to gym, because of school. I miss the gym so much! I been doing my abs at home and so far things are going good; I am seeing results and very happy. My husband bought me a ab glider to help me because my back was starting to hurt.

Cinnamonfox89
04-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Hello ladies and I see we have new queens that joined us!

Looking good Chick!

I have just been maintaining,but lately i have not been to gym, because of school. I miss the gym so much! I been doing my abs at home and so far things are going good; I am seeing results and very happy. My husband bought me a ab glider to help me because my back was starting to hurt.

Hi :carrot:

you ladies are so inspiring I love this thread and everything this place has to offer:dizzy:

Fatness
04-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi :carrot:

you ladies are so inspiring I love this thread and everything this place has to offer:dizzy:

Hello there and I love the icon! that's so me! lol

ChickieBoom
04-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Good to see you Fatness! And good to know that you're maintaining. I can't wait to be maintaining. I've still got a few months to go before I'm there.

ChickieBoom
05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Uh...where is everybody?

Cinnamonfox89
05-08-2013, 06:48 PM
i have been sick for the past couple of days besides that I stop working out I went back to eating like crap. Tomorrow will be a brighter day for me.. havent been too happy with myself that why I have not been posting.

ChickieBoom
05-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Well it's good to see you Cinnamonfox! But maybe don't wait until tomorrow to get back on track and just start right now?

That's always what makes me feel better.

Cinnamonfox89
05-09-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm glad i am back on track ... your profile pic is great inspiration you should be proud of yourself and what you have accomplished ;-) keep it up chickie

ChickieBoom
05-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks Cinnamonfox! I'm feeling better and better every day!

Mizzthingaling
05-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Chickie you are looking good! I've been around. So much going on with my job and a family. The good news is I am doing better on my diet. I haven't lost this week because of TOM but I am hoping for goodness next week. I am so ready for a new outfit for the summer. I would even take getting into some of my cute dresses. I am going to up my exercise and see how it goes this week. I want to get my thighs tight.

Cinnamonfox89
05-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I've been curious to know that is TOM?

ChickieBoom
05-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Chickie you are looking good! I've been around. So much going on with my job and a family. The good news is I am doing better on my diet. I haven't lost this week because of TOM but I am hoping for goodness next week. I am so ready for a new outfit for the summer. I would even take getting into some of my cute dresses. I am going to up my exercise and see how it goes this week. I want to get my thighs tight.

Thank you! Congrats on doing well on your diet! Thats the hardest part and dealing with job stress and family can make it even harder. I'm sure you're going to look fantastic in your new summer clothes.

I've been curious to know that is TOM?

TOM=Time of month...for the ladies

Mizzthingaling
05-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks Chickie. I have finally made my own sugar-free syrups. I also have made some liquid stevia. I am liking them so far and they are a big help in mixing up the flavors of my protein shakes. I think I am ready to try a new exercise video. It's starting to get in the 90s here already, so I need to have something for those hot days.

ChickieBoom
05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks Chickie. I have finally made my own sugar-free syrups. I also have made some liquid stevia. I am liking them so far and they are a big help in mixing up the flavors of my protein shakes. I think I am ready to try a new exercise video. It's starting to get in the 90s here already, so I need to have something for those hot days.

You make your own liquid stevia? How? I'd love to know as I would really like to get off of Splenda but I'm having a hard time giving it up.

Mizzthingaling
05-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Yep. I brought the NOW Better Stevia extract. I use a tablespoon per 25oz. It works great. It lasts longer as well.

You make your own liquid stevia? How? I'd love to know as I would really like to get off of Splenda but I'm having a hard time giving it up.

ChickieBoom
05-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks Mizzthingaling...I'm googling it now. I really need to get off of Splenda but it's just so easy...especially when I'm at work and they've got it right in the kitchen next to the coffee maker.

Mizzthingaling
06-01-2013, 05:18 AM
I understand. I use to love Splenda too. You know there is always the Truvia. I actually like the generic brand that Dollar General sells for $1.

So NSV. I Dr. was excited about my weightloss. She was happy about my face clearing from an allergic reaction too. She's taking some tests, so hopefully, I can get off of some meds soon.

I brought a couple of sundresses and new shirts for summer. I picked some styles that will do good as I continue moving.

ChickieBoom
06-04-2013, 12:15 PM
That's so exciting Mizzthingaling! New clothes always make me feel amazing.

Matilda08
06-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Hello Ladies! I haven't been active on the site but steady on my journey. I see a lot of new people:) Nice to meet you all and lots of luck on this journey. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

gamechanger
07-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi Lovely Sisters, I've just found this thread and happy to have found it. I'm relatively new to the forum. I found it right after I had just gotten rid of a so-called boyfriend. It's strange--I've dropped 14lbs since dropping him.;) Anyway, I'm on my way toward my goals (I've got quite a few of them). I look forward to forming friendships and gaining inspiration from you ladies. Have a wonderful week and a Sweet Monday.:hug:

beaka
07-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey y'all! Bumping this thread. I've moved to Dallas and am really getting back on track. I checked out a Weight Watchers meeting. Not sure if I'll sign up, but it'll be that, working with a trainer, or both.

ChickieBoom
07-30-2013, 01:47 PM
I have been slacking but I'm on a 6 week go hard with exercise/diet...starting today. I have to get these last 20 pounds off.

jigglefree
08-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Hey ladies. Time for me to get back on my A game. I had a lot of stuff happen going on in the past year and a half and ate back 45 of the 113 pounds I lost. I gotta get back on my calorie counting plan and working out. I was almost in my size 10 and now I'm ready to get it in and get in my size 10.

Matilda08
08-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Hey beaka and jiggle free! WElcome back jump back in the game you guys can do it!

qwatkins913
08-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Hello everyone,
This is my first day on this site and I'm still geting a feel for it. Looks promising and I'm hoping to meet alot of new people. I'm starting my weight loss journey this week, using The Fat Smash Diet as a precursor to helping me with portion control and managing my time with meals and everything else in my life that's going on.
Hopeing to check in after my detox phase with good news!
:D

ChickieBoom
08-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Welcome qwatkins! This is a great community. Good luck with the start of your diet!

qwatkins913
08-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Thank You! :D

beaka
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey y'all! I haven't been back on this site a lot, but I AM back on it. I've been doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and am on day 15. I am determined not to quit it this time. Here are my results so far. Only lost 3 lbs, but I can see a difference.

http://images57.fotki.com/v139/photos/5/1123895/12337028/30DS15daysfront-vi.png

http://images56.fotki.com/v1599/photos/5/1123895/12337028/30DS15daysside-vi.png

Fatness
06-21-2014, 04:43 AM
I haven't been up here and a long time and I wanted to see how my Queens are doing! I see you all are still staying fit and I'm loving it!

For me I'm been doing the same thing. I did pass my goal weight and started lifting. Lifting has been so good for countering visibly of loose skin. I can now fit a size 12 in children clothes and I tell you clothes have never been cheaper. lol

My husband loves my muscular form and he has started to lift weights as well.
Keep up the good work ladies and never give up!

Mizzthingaling
07-04-2014, 06:01 AM
It has been so long since I've been here too. Wow, we have got to start back. Go Fatness, looking good!

I have gone vegan/sometime vegetarian. I am actually loving it more than I though. I feel better and my skin looks more youthful. The biggest thing is my stomach problems are gone.

Matilda08
07-14-2014, 10:39 AM
I haven't posted on this thread in a while. For those On Instagram feel free to follow my journey @msaltese

Janel83
08-07-2014, 11:07 AM
hey ladies!! when I joined this site, this board didnt exist! happy to see you ladies!! my goal is to use this more often like I had in the past. I woke up today with a new mindset. Its time to get this weight off. im stuck at 205, I never go over that but I feel so uncomfortable and I know my main issue is food, lack of water and eating out. My husband and I spend alot of time in the streets. Im ready for kids and I cannot pile that fat on top of this fat...

what do you ladies do for workouts?

sweetaddict4real
08-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Hey ladies, I hope u all come back on here to help out the newbies LIke myself. Im here 230 goal is 150 and Im 5'3 Im married to a VERY fit guy I have 1 child, but I want another but like Janel I cannot on top of my belly.

Mizzthingaling
08-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Hey Janel and Sweet. You both can do this.

Right now all I do is Callanetics and Yoga. I am on VLCD(very low calorie diet) so I can't do much, but I still want to tighten as I lose. I am going to phase off in the next month so I can start training for a marathon in October.

What are you eating plans?