General chatter - Menage a Trois....Should I?

View Full Version : Menage a Trois....Should I?

EZMONEY
12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
:nono: Not what you're thinking!

Angie drew names for our Christmas, extended family/friends, exchange. As luck would have it she drew my ex-wife's name out of the hat for me :D

So...what do you buy for an ex-wife?

Angie won't help me out at all on this ;)

She thinks it's funny....

My buddy at work said maybe a bottle of wine...

I have several bottles of Menage a Trois...quite tasty too!

But that's only $10-12 bucks worth of a gift...

Don't want to be a cheapskate on my ex...

Even though she tried to (unsuccessfully) take me to the cleaners many years ago...

HELP!!!! :)

stimkovs
12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
what does she like?

is there a present limit?

why not stick the bottle of wine in with some cheese?

maybe some great wine glasses?

wine glass charms?

.....or go with something totally different!!

bargoo
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Menage a Trois, really Gary this is a family forum ! What's that you say, you are talking about wine ? Well, excuse me !

JessLess
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Something that shows that you have class and taste. Like NOT a book on how to have a healthy relationship.

evilwomaniamshe
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Different Menage huh? :) How about a nice gift basket, toss in what she likes - wine, box of chocolate, movie card, fruit, nuts! :) Something so simple is all you need to keep the peace! ;)

Coondocks
12-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Different Menage huh? How about a nice gift basket, toss in what she likes wine, chocolate, movie card, fruit, nuts! :) Something so simple is all you need to keep the peace! ;)

Exactly what I was thinking, start with the wine, throw in some nice glasses if you'd like, but a nice assortment of chocolates, crackers and maybe a little cheese board. Fancy and elegant but not crossing any potentially uncomfortable lines :)

have to add, i think its wonderful that you and your ex and wife have the type of relationship where everyone one is included. Really great to see :)

rachaelm
12-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Vans Gift Basket (http://www.amazon.com/Vans-Gifts-Gourmet-Hostess-Tray/dp/B005ACZUH6/ref=sr_1_3?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&qid=1324048688&sr=8-3)

This gift basket is on sale right now for $13.20, regularly $43. Free super saver shipping. That & some wine would not look cheap, she doesn't have to know you got a great deal!

Stepping Out
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Glad you're talking about wine :o

Whatever you get..I'm sure she'll love it! :)

Riestrella
12-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Awww, now I'm disappointed - FALSE ADVERTISING!

There are so many gifts you can get a woman, it's the men who are hard! But yeah, something from The Body Shop maybe?

EZMONEY
12-17-2011, 12:57 AM
what does she like?

is there a present limit?

STIMKOVS, there is a $25 limit and if I knew what she liked we might still be married ;)

Menage a Trois, really Gary this is a family forum ! What's that you say, you are talking about wine ? Well, excuse me !

I've told my family BARGOO but they are too embarrassed to acknowledge my presence here ;)

Something that shows that you have class and taste. Like NOT a book on how to have a healthy relationship.

Great advice JESS but as you may have noticed I have no class! :)

Different Menage huh? :) How about a nice gift basket, toss in what she likes - wine, box of chocolate, movie card, fruit, nuts! :) Something so simple is all you need to keep the peace! ;)

EVIL, I'd be glad to toss what she likes in a gift basket but I have no clue on what that is! And peaceful is hard for her to come by...jealousy is not :)

Exactly what I was thinking, start with the wine, throw in some nice glasses if you'd like, but a nice assortment of chocolates, crackers and maybe a little cheese board. Fancy and elegant but not crossing any potentially uncomfortable lines :)

have to add, i think its wonderful that you and your ex and wife have the type of relationship where everyone one is included. Really great to see :)

COONDOCKS, my ex-wife and some of her family, have been at my house on Christmas Eve every year since 1989 when she left. Not an event goes by that she is not invited to.

Vans Gift Basket (http://www.amazon.com/Vans-Gifts-Gourmet-Hostess-Tray/dp/B005ACZUH6/ref=sr_1_3?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&qid=1324048688&sr=8-3)

This gift basket is on sale right now for $13.20, regularly $43. Free super saver shipping. That & some wine would not look cheap, she doesn't have to know you got a great deal!

That's a great idea RACHAELM :)

Glad you're talking about wine :o

Whatever you get..I'm sure she'll love it! :)

What she wants STEPPING OUT is what she gave up! ;)

Awww, now I'm disappointed - FALSE ADVERTISING!

There are so many gifts you can get a woman, it's the men who are hard! But yeah, something from The Body Shop maybe?

That's what my wife says and yet I still can't think of anything...but I do know you do NOT want to buy a toaster for the family and try to sneak it in the rest of her goodies on Christmas morn!! Lesson well learned :)

zenor77
12-17-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm the rare woman who likes getting kitchen appliances!

Is she/was she a high maintenance kind of gal? What about a gift certificate to a nail salon?

There's always the generic candles or scented soaps route.

Does she drink coffee? A pound of good coffee and a French press are always nice.

EZMONEY
12-17-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm the rare woman who likes getting kitchen appliances!

Is she/was she a high maintenance kind of gal? What about a gift certificate to a nail salon?

There's always the generic candles or scented soaps route.

Does she drink coffee? A pound of good coffee and a French press are always nice.

Great idea on the kitchen stuff ZENOR...maybe I can buy her a set of knives...OR! better yet give her the knife she used to cut my :val1: out 21 years ago after 14 years together :D

Esofia
12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
If the idea is bringing up this much stress and resentment, swap with someone else.

bargoo
12-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Gary, how about a rocking chair seeing as how she is Grandmother to the world's most wonderful baby., well at least in Southern California.

evilwomaniamshe
12-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey EZ, I'd still go with the gift basket & ****, just toss in what you like! ;), it's the thought that counts & if she don't like it, she can always regift it! :).

EZMONEY
12-17-2011, 10:48 AM
If the idea is bringing up this much stress and resentment, swap with someone else.

:) there is absolutely zero stress and resentment here...all in fun....my ex-wife is a dear friend/family and of course mother to my children. Seriously, we sit together in church many Sundays.

Gary, how about a rocking chair seeing as how she is Grandmother to the world's most wonderful baby., well at least in Southern California.

:) great idea but over my $25 budget...and yes she is Grandma to the best GRANDdaughter :hug:

Hey EZ, I'd still go with the gift basket & ****, just toss in what you like! ;), it's the thought that counts & if she don't like it, she can always regift it! :).

EVIL it is the thought that counts...not that I have seriously thought that much about it ;) OH...and on re-gifting...she is excellent at that...she is...re-gifted me right to Angie! ;)

free1
12-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works (conduct and behavior) and glorify Him!!!!

EZMONEY
12-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works (conduct and behavior) and glorify Him!!!!

Ciao
12-17-2011, 02:38 PM

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Pictures/clipart2-1.png

i love this. definitely a great gift to get her!

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Pictures/clipart2.png

EZMONEY
12-18-2011, 10:03 AM
CIAO I agree that is a great gift, one I think she would like but, knowing her she would probably not eat anything from it.

Last night my kids were over for dinner along with my ex-wife's sister. None of them were able to give me an idea. When I brought up maybe a bottle of wine, because I know she has a glass here on occasion...not sure white or red...my son laughed and said ...

"She can put it next to the 3 I've bought her she hasn't touched yet"...when I asked why he said she always says she'll only have a glass and doesn't want it to go bad.

So maybe my thinking of wine is out of the question....dang!

My daughter did mention that she wanted a cookbook that had a menu and shopping plan in it on healthy eating....but she also mentioned that it would sit right next to the healthy eating cookbooks they have bought her that she rarely uses....dang!

See...after 21 years she is still making my life difficult....:D......;)

bargoo
12-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Gary, stop the stress and give her a gift certiificate, if she won't use that go to the bank and get a new twenty and a new five. I bet she will use cash, if she wont have her send it to me.

EZMONEY
12-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Gary, stop the stress and give her a gift certiificate, if she won't use that go to the bank and get a new twenty and a new five. I bet she will use cash, if she wont have her send it to me.

:D I do know she would love to get her hands on any of my money! ;)

No stressing here!

So what if I get her something she doesn't like...what can she do to me now?

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
I like the Body shop or BATH BASKET idea, simply becuz I think she WILL use that -- one with shower gel, lotion, powder, body spray, sponge, etc. It's tasteful, classy, and practical, all in one. :D

EZMONEY
12-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Thank you ROSEBUD also a great idea that she would probably use...

but...

I picked her up a gift card today. We took my step-d and her boyfriend out for brunch after church since tomorrow is her birthday. We went to a cafe near the beach we frequent often during the year. My ex-wife has never been there but our daughter and son have and they like it too. So I figured if I got her a gift card there she might go and take one/both of them...

Gift Card ~ :o NAKED CAFE :o

I am absolutely serious! :yes:

Thanks again all of you for your input it was fun! :carrot:

And just a reminder....I had zero stress! My ex and I have been divorced 21 years now. We remain good friends. She is like a sister to me and my family and, after the initial pain and a few years, has always been. It has been a long time since I felt pain from it...heck, I've had a great marriage to Angie just a few weeks shy of 16 years. She did break my heart but my life turned out so much better....

soooooo much :)

bargoo
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
When I am in Southern California I want to look that place up. I was getting a big kick out of this thread , I knew you were putting us on and I was having a good chuckle at some of the response. Most really wanted to help you out and gave good suggestions.

EZMONEY
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
When I am in Southern California I want to look that place up. I was getting a big kick out of this thread , I knew you were putting us on and I was having a good chuckle at some of the response. Most really wanted to help you out and gave good suggestions.

There are 4 of them in our county BARGOO, one just 5 miles from my house. We love to go there when we walk the dogs at the beach. Very good food...a lot of vegan and vegetarian choices available for those that wish. I will be happy to buy your breakfast/lunch! :hug:

I know some know I was joking a bit, didn't want to lead anybody on just wanted to have some fun. And I really appreciate all the good ideas...they were all considered!

bargoo
12-19-2011, 12:50 PM
There are 4 of them in our county BARGOO, one just 5 miles from my house. We love to go there when we walk the dogs at the beach. Very good food...a lot of vegan and vegetarian choices available for those that wish. I will be happy to buy your breakfast/lunch! :hug:

And I would be happy to accept.

EZMONEY
12-19-2011, 09:51 PM
And I would be happy to accept.

Then it's a date! :hug:

astrophe
12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Why not just go with a smaller size cordial? Then you can just give a smaller quantity that she would drink or a selection of minis.

I was at Target the other day and they had a cute set of ice cream bowl, scooper, etc packaged as a gift set. I was sitting there thinking -- if someone put a small kahlua or bailey's in there I'd be sold!

If you are going with the snack basket idea thing that could work out. Just add some tiny bottles of amaretto, kahlua, bailey's etc. The ones that are good over ice cream. Could even throw in some maraschino cherries or piroutte cookies and similar.

A.