Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 08:00 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of February 16th!!

Morning All!!

Having a rough one this AM, hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:51 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--I am right with u this morning on that one!!! Had a great day yesterday..no crying , no fussing, just happy!!!All day and slept at 3 hr intervals from 7pm..Now this morning...new baby...Crying and irritable..Her eyes are soo matted and that makes her soo mad cuz they seal up within an hour from me washing and massaging the ducts..Poor baby...I have finally put her down for a quick nap while I catch up here and pump..SHe will be crying to get up in about 10 minutes!!!!
Gotta run!!!!
Hello to all!!!!
RR
Old 02-16-2003, 12:05 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning all,

I am ashamed to say that I slept for 12 straight hours last night. I know the new moms are probably ready to shoot me . It felt wonderful though. I know I will pay for it tonight by not being able to sleep so I will start the work week tired!!

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:03 PM   #4  

hi all.

what lovely weather - ice and snow. Makes me wish I lived near Liz. . .

I am finally in control again - foodwise - and it's a great feeling. My whole week was bad last week. No fun!

Hope you moms are having a better day. Karen, you must have needed the rest!

Rabbit
Old 02-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #5  

Hi all,

Wow, there is a LOT of snow on the ground here!! It's been snowing for about 6 hours and there's already about 6". They have declared a state of emergency. Yippee. I have to attempt going to work tomorrow. It's required of hospital employees. Yeehaaww. I am definitely not looking forward to it. Think I'm going to pack a bag just in case I have to stay over at the hospital. It's not supposed to stop until midnight tomorrow.

Hope ya'll are having a great night!!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:32 PM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen- I guess the storm came from the south? We've got a couple inches maybe, but it's still coming strong of course. They say 12-20" by 5:00 tomorrow!! DH is planning on not working tomorrow. Hope they call and tell you not to bother coming in. Yes, I could shoot you for getting 12 hrs.!! I got a 2 hr. nap this afternoon and felt pretty good! Just wait...

Rabbit- Guess you've got the same weather as us...where are you, Illinois??

RR- Hope your day got better. We went to the IL's and Peter was pretty good, but he got fussy when we got home, of course. I tried to pump at 6:30 this AM and the pump wasn't working right! The suction was not sucking enough to get anything out. I got 3 oz., but it was all foremilk, no hindmilk. I was very upset, and of course in pain. Tried again at around 10:00 and it worked fine, I'm thinking it was because one of the little yellow things that goes on the horn wasn't on tight, because I checked everything else. I am thinking seriously of buying the Avent Isis manual pump. All the reviews are great, and they say they get just as much as with the electric, or better. I'm just soo sick of pumping, and sore nips.

Well, Aunt Madah died at 4:00 this AM. At least she's not in pain anymore. I only met her twice, but she was just the sweetest lady. We talked to her on the phone often though. She asked to be cremated, so they're just going to have a memorial service in a couple weeks. FIL is sad, but he said bringing Peter over today was the best thing that happened to him all day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 02-17-2003, 08:08 AM   #7  

Ya'll are making me cold!!! Dh's grandpa called and said it was minus 7 there...WOW...no way!!!!I have complained about 40 here...
Kaylee's eyes are better today after massaging them all day yesterday..She slept really goood last night only waking up at 3 hr intervals..She does love to sleep at night soo I am blessed by that..We went to my neices 2yr old birthday party and she watched people and smiled and laughed the whole time...We are doing her 2 month pictures tomorrow soo I want them eyes well!!!

Lauren-Sorry about your aunt...

Off to start my baby book scrapbook!!! Soo glad my 2002 book is completed!!
RR
Old 02-17-2003, 09:42 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

Last night was actually not super bad, although I got extra sleep, I didn't get up to pump, so I was a miserable, leaking mess this AM. I'm soo not disiplined.

RR- Oh, what I would do for 40 degree weather...that would be a freaking heatwave right now!! Not sure exactly how much snow we've got out there, but it's coming down like a blizzard right now!! I bet there's close to a foot.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-17-2003, 12:59 PM   #9  

hello. I had another good day yesterday and I'm happy with myself.

We were supposed to spend the weekend in Washington D.C. (visiting law schools), I cancelled the trip Thursday night because of expected weather conditions and boy am I glad I did! We would still be there, ds would have missed classes today.

Lauren - yes I'm in Illinois. It snowed all day yesterday but ofcourse, we didn't get near the snow you are getting. ~ Sorry to hear about Aunt Madah.

RR - good luck on the 2 month pictures!

Rabbit
Old 02-17-2003, 01:10 PM   #10  

Hi all!!

Whew!! We've been outside for two hours blowing the snow!! We must have close to 2'. We only cleaned the driveway (singlewide), the walkway to the porch and the porch. Now my feet feel like chunks of ice and I had on two thick pair of socks.

Hope the rest of you are having a better Monday!!
Old 02-17-2003, 04:10 PM   #11  
LBH

We've got probably about 2 ft. of snow also. The plow just came and piled about 4 ft. of snow in front of our walkway, so I'm going to call the landlord and tell him I have no problem shoveling my walkway, but I do have a problem with their plower putting all that snow in front of the walkway!! DH told me to relax, but it's just not right...they're such "slumlords" sometimes. They're calling for snow through the night and up to 6 AM tomorrow, according to the weather channel!! The flakes are definitely much bigger now though, so it's slowing down.

Rabbit- Good thing you cancelled your trip!!

RR- When did Kaylee first laugh? Peter has been smiling since he was a few days old...definitely since he was a week old, which is when DH first saw it, so I have proof, for all my relatives that say, "oh, it's just gas"...OH NO, he's not smiling when he's got gas!! Saturday night he did a push-up!! I put him on his stomach on the bed, and he got mad because he couldn't see DH, so he put his arms out and pushed himself up and held his head straight up!! This kid is definitely a super-baby!!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:16 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, it's snowing again/still!! DH shoveled our walk last night, the landlord showed up this AM to shovel out the guy upstairs!! Of course he had already tracked his way through the snow to the back to shovel his van out. DH lent him our shovel, all he had was a broom. He only rents a bedroom up there, he doesn't have the whole place, so he's not equipped for this stuff. I cannot believe the landlord didn't show up until this AM to shovel his walk!! I really wish we could find somewhere else to live!!

DH had to work today, but he called and said once he got out of our town, the roads were fine. Our town sucks getting things done...and our street is horrible!

It seems our nights are good, until we hit that 3 AM feeding! That's when Petey decides to stay up and whine. But at least I know when it's gas, because he arches his back and pushes and grunts, and the legs go in and out. I feel soo bad for him!

Anyway, I've gotta go pump...have a great day all!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:46 AM   #13  

Good Morning!!
Rough night last night..Ms Priss decided to be very needy and clingy and stay awake fussing at 3:28am..I cant complain too much cuz we slept from 9pm to 2am(well she did..DH was clingy and needy after 9) and then again from 5-7am...That darn gas!!!She just grunted, made faces and bicycled those arms and legs!!!

I cant believe all the snow!!!I watched the news and it is everywhere..Be careful everyone!!!
Lauren--Hope UPS man can make it THursday!!!!

Well..off to bathe is both and find somethng for pictures today!!!!
RR
Old 02-19-2003, 07:34 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- How did the pictures go yesterday? Hope Miss Kaylee decided to smile! I'll tell 'ya, if it's not clingy babies, it's clingy DH's!! Thank God my 6 wks. isn't up yet!!

The Gasman is sleeping now...temporary, I'm sure. He ate 4 oz. at 6:00, so I'm sure I'll be hearing from him within the next 1/2 hr.-45 min.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:10 AM   #15  

Good morning all,

I could have sworn that I posted last night. Guess I am beginning to loose it!! I have an appt with the endocrinologist this morning. I so not looking forward to having to poke my finger several times a day. It's always so sore.

RR and Lauren: I found a new site last night with BF stuff. I don't know how the prices compare but you might want to check it out www.mommysthinkin.com. I have just started to research pumps and such. They have some brands that I've never heard of. Guess I have my work cut out for me. Sorry to hear that the children haven't been sleeping so well in the early mornings. Lately I've been awake during those hours. Alex is quiet but for some reason I'm awake staring at the ceiling (or DH's back ).

OK, guess I will go and finish getting ready. Have a great day all!!
Closed Thread