30-Somethings - Week of February 16th!!

View Full Version : Week of February 16th!!

LBH
02-16-2003, 08:00 AM
Morning All!!

Having a rough one this AM, hope everyone's having a great weekend!

RoadRunner
02-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Lauren--I am right with u this morning on that one!!! Had a great day yesterday..no crying , no fussing, just happy!!!All day and slept at 3 hr intervals from 7pm..Now this morning...new baby...Crying and irritable..Her eyes are soo matted and that makes her soo mad cuz they seal up within an hour from me washing and massaging the ducts..Poor baby...I have finally put her down for a quick nap while I catch up here and pump..SHe will be crying to get up in about 10 minutes!!!!
Gotta run!!!!
Hello to all!!!!
RR

KarenK
02-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Good Morning all,

I am ashamed to say that I slept for 12 straight hours last night. I know the new moms are probably ready to shoot me :D. It felt wonderful though. I know I will pay for it tonight by not being able to sleep so I will start the work week tired!!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Rabbit
02-16-2003, 03:03 PM
hi all.

what lovely weather - ice and snow. Makes me wish I lived near Liz. . .

I am finally in control again - foodwise - and it's a great feeling. My whole week was bad last week. No fun!

Hope you moms are having a better day. Karen, you must have needed the rest!

Rabbit

KarenK
02-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Hi all,

Wow, there is a LOT of snow on the ground here!! It's been snowing for about 6 hours and there's already about 6". They have declared a state of emergency. Yippee. I have to attempt going to work tomorrow. It's required of hospital employees. Yeehaaww. :( I am definitely not looking forward to it. Think I'm going to pack a bag just in case I have to stay over at the hospital. It's not supposed to stop until midnight tomorrow.

Hope ya'll are having a great night!!

LBH
02-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Hi All,

Karen- I guess the storm came from the south? We've got a couple inches maybe, but it's still coming strong of course. They say 12-20" by 5:00 tomorrow!! :eek: DH is planning on not working tomorrow. Hope they call and tell you not to bother coming in. Yes, I could shoot you for getting 12 hrs.!! :lol: I got a 2 hr. nap this afternoon and felt pretty good! Just wait... ;)

Rabbit- Guess you've got the same weather as us...where are you, Illinois??

RR- Hope your day got better. We went to the IL's and Peter was pretty good, but he got fussy when we got home, of course. :rolleyes: I tried to pump at 6:30 this AM and the pump wasn't working right! The suction was not sucking enough to get anything out. I got 3 oz., but it was all foremilk, no hindmilk. I was very upset, and of course in pain. Tried again at around 10:00 and it worked fine, I'm thinking it was because one of the little yellow things that goes on the horn wasn't on tight, because I checked everything else. I am thinking seriously of buying the Avent Isis manual pump. All the reviews are great, and they say they get just as much as with the electric, or better. I'm just soo sick of pumping, and sore nips. :(

Well, Aunt Madah died at 4:00 this AM. :cry: At least she's not in pain anymore. I only met her twice, but she was just the sweetest lady. We talked to her on the phone often though. She asked to be cremated, so they're just going to have a memorial service in a couple weeks. FIL is sad, but he said bringing Peter over today was the best thing that happened to him all day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

RoadRunner
02-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Ya'll are making me cold!!! Dh's grandpa called and said it was minus 7 there...WOW...no way!!!!I have complained about 40 here...
Kaylee's eyes are better today after massaging them all day yesterday..She slept really goood last night only waking up at 3 hr intervals..She does love to sleep at night soo I am blessed by that..We went to my neices 2yr old birthday party and she watched people and smiled and laughed the whole time...We are doing her 2 month pictures tomorrow soo I want them eyes well!!!

Lauren-Sorry about your aunt...

Off to start my baby book scrapbook!!! Soo glad my 2002 book is completed!!
RR

LBH
02-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi All,

Last night was actually not super bad, although I got extra sleep, I didn't get up to pump, so I was a miserable, leaking mess this AM. :( I'm soo not disiplined.

RR- Oh, what I would do for 40 degree weather...that would be a freaking heatwave right now!! Not sure exactly how much snow we've got out there, but it's coming down like a blizzard right now!! :eek: I bet there's close to a foot.

Have a great day all!

Rabbit
02-17-2003, 12:59 PM
hello. I had another good day yesterday and I'm happy with myself. :D

We were supposed to spend the weekend in Washington D.C. (visiting law schools), I cancelled the trip Thursday night because of expected weather conditions and boy am I glad I did! We would still be there, ds would have missed classes today.

Lauren - yes I'm in Illinois. It snowed all day yesterday but ofcourse, we didn't get near the snow you are getting. ~ Sorry to hear about Aunt Madah.

RR - good luck on the 2 month pictures! :bb:

Rabbit

KarenK
02-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi all!!

Whew!! We've been outside for two hours blowing the snow!! We must have close to 2'. We only cleaned the driveway (singlewide), the walkway to the porch and the porch. Now my feet feel like chunks of ice and I had on two thick pair of socks.

Hope the rest of you are having a better Monday!!

LBH
02-17-2003, 04:10 PM
We've got probably about 2 ft. of snow also. The plow just came and piled about 4 ft. of snow in front of our walkway, so I'm going to call the landlord and tell him I have no problem shoveling my walkway, but I do have a problem with their plower putting all that snow in front of the walkway!! :mad: DH told me to relax, but it's just not right...they're such "slumlords" sometimes. They're calling for snow through the night and up to 6 AM tomorrow, according to the weather channel!! :eek: The flakes are definitely much bigger now though, so it's slowing down.

Rabbit- Good thing you cancelled your trip!!

RR- When did Kaylee first laugh? Peter has been smiling since he was a few days old...definitely since he was a week old, which is when DH first saw it, so I have proof, for all my relatives that say, "oh, it's just gas"...OH NO, he's not smiling when he's got gas!! :lol: Saturday night he did a push-up!! :eek: I put him on his stomach on the bed, and he got mad because he couldn't see DH, so he put his arms out and pushed himself up and held his head straight up!! :eek: This kid is definitely a super-baby!!

LBH
02-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Hi All,

Well, it's snowing again/still!! :eek: DH shoveled our walk last night, the landlord showed up this AM to shovel out the guy upstairs!! Of course he had already tracked his way through the snow to the back to shovel his van out. DH lent him our shovel, all he had was a broom. He only rents a bedroom up there, he doesn't have the whole place, so he's not equipped for this stuff. I cannot believe the landlord didn't show up until this AM to shovel his walk!! I really wish we could find somewhere else to live!!

DH had to work today, but he called and said once he got out of our town, the roads were fine. Our town sucks getting things done...and our street is horrible!

It seems our nights are good, until we hit that 3 AM feeding! That's when Petey decides to stay up and whine. :( But at least I know when it's gas, because he arches his back and pushes and grunts, and the legs go in and out. I feel soo bad for him!

Anyway, I've gotta go pump...have a great day all!

RoadRunner
02-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Good Morning!!
Rough night last night..Ms Priss decided to be very needy and clingy and stay awake fussing at 3:28am..I cant complain too much cuz we slept from 9pm to 2am(well she did..DH was clingy and needy after 9) and then again from 5-7am...That darn gas!!!She just grunted, made faces and bicycled those arms and legs!!!

I cant believe all the snow!!!I watched the news and it is everywhere..Be careful everyone!!!
Lauren--Hope UPS man can make it THursday!!!!

Well..off to bathe is both and find somethng for pictures today!!!!
RR

LBH
02-19-2003, 07:34 AM
Hi All,

RR- How did the pictures go yesterday? Hope Miss Kaylee decided to smile! :D I'll tell 'ya, if it's not clingy babies, it's clingy DH's!! :lol: Thank God my 6 wks. isn't up yet!! :lol:

The Gasman is sleeping now...temporary, I'm sure. He ate 4 oz. at 6:00, so I'm sure I'll be hearing from him within the next 1/2 hr.-45 min.

Have a great day all!

KarenK
02-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Good morning all,

I could have sworn that I posted last night. Guess I am beginning to loose it!! I have an appt with the endocrinologist this morning. I so not looking forward to having to poke my finger several times a day. It's always so sore. :(

RR and Lauren: I found a new site last night with BF stuff. I don't know how the prices compare but you might want to check it out www.mommysthinkin.com. I have just started to research pumps and such. They have some brands that I've never heard of. Guess I have my work cut out for me. :dizzy: Sorry to hear that the children haven't been sleeping so well in the early mornings. Lately I've been awake during those hours. Alex is quiet but for some reason I'm awake staring at the ceiling (or DH's back :) ).

OK, guess I will go and finish getting ready. Have a great day all!!

RoadRunner
02-19-2003, 08:11 AM
WE got 4 good pictures before Ms "I dont sleep during the day" fell asleep!!! I was able to pick one out for my book!! Yesterday, was the worse day as far as screaming..I have no clue what was going on and still dont know what it was but she screamed for 1.5hrs straight and I rocked her, walked, sang, danced, changed diaper, gave mylicon etc etc and she just crashed out in bed with me and woke up a different baby!!!:dizzy:

We go today at 9:30 for her shots...I am already upset and dreading it..A friend is going with me to hold her as I leave the room..I do this to babies at work, but it is soo different now...It is soo strange cuz when SD#2 had her heart surgery last year, I could hold her down for everything..I love her just as much but Kaylee has a piece of my heart I think and it kills me that she may think I let her down today....
Hello to all!!!!
Off to eat breakfast!!!!
RR

LBH
02-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Hey all, thought I would post a pic of what the snow looks like here. This was yesterday AM! Hope it works...

Oh, how cool!! I'm soo excited, now I can post pics of Peter occasionally!! :D

LBH
02-19-2003, 10:38 AM
OK, I promise I won't get picture happy, but this is the first time we've caught a smile on camera!! Of course it's not the best pic, but hey, it's a smile!!

Rabbit
02-19-2003, 03:31 PM
HI ALL. Just a moment to check in. I've been in everything up to my eyeballs today - taxes and loan application/need access forms for ds for school . . . But I'm stuck at the moment so I thought I'd drop in to say hi.

Lauren - Great pictures! He's a cutey. good job on attaching them!

Rabbit

KarenK
02-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Hi all,

I'm very depressed tonight. The doctor told me today that since I have gestational diabetes that I have a gene for it and if my sugars have always been good (which they have) then it must mean that my pancreas is just working overtime and that after the baby is born I will probably need to take medication. This does not go with what I have been reading online. He also seemed to be dead sure that I was going to need to use insulin. I just feel like crying and I'm not sure if it's just hormones or this doctor.

RR: Did they say anything like that to you? Just curious.

Lauren: He's absolutely adorable. Good job with the links.

Juldiet
02-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi all! I'm so glad to be home. Philly was a mess with all the snow. But my plane took off on time yesterday morning. I felt sorry for all the artists who couldn't get to Baltimore (I guess I''m thankful that we didn't do that one this year).
- jul (no snow and 45 here in S MO)

RoadRunner
02-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Karen--No way did they say that..I didnt even have to do blood sugars after but I did and they are normal..I have never heard of that before..and how the he$$ does he know that U will probably need insulin??? Give me a break..dont worry or the stress will increase the sugars..I say, be faithful with the diet and see what happens..Honest opinion---doctors say that crap if they see an overweight person..I think it is a prejudice that they assume we cant follow a diet because we are heavier(ust my opinion)take care..U will be fine!!!!

Ok Lauren--How did U make the pics small enough to post????

Kaylee had her 2 month checkup...10lbs 12 0z today and had 4 shots..She has been sick all day...Poor baby, I went to moms and me and dad and her alternated carrying the angel...Her leg is bruised and she has been running a temp all day since even with the tylenol..Not even wanting to feed soo I had to pump all day..I cried and didnt even watch --she screamed soo loud but I breast fed her immediately after and she cooed, soo it was ok quick...

Jul--Glad U made it home safely!!!!
Off to tend to my baby!!!
Vicki

KarenK
02-19-2003, 09:32 PM
OK, I totally spoiled myself rotten and now I am feeling better :). I bought these cool gel socks and gloves from Bath & Body that are supposed to make you soft. Can't wait to try them. I also had my nails done! I bought Alex's coming home outfit!! Least, I think it's going to be!! It's a sleeper with ....... planets and spaceships and astronauts!! He will match his room!!

See what spending a little money will do!!

LBH
02-20-2003, 07:33 AM
Hi All,

We had a dreadful night. I'm soo glad Peter's 4 wk. check up is today...I just wish it was this AM, instead of at 1:00!! He was great all day yesterday, I actually made DH dinner!! Then at 7:00, DH went outside to shovel my car out, and the !@#$ hit the fan. He cried, wailed in pain, and was absolutely inconsolable until he finally calmed down, or cried himself to sleep, at around 11:30! :cry: I tried everything - walking, bouncing, singing, whispering, bouncing tummy on leg, rubbing/patting back & tummy, sucky, bottle... He was in such pain, occasionally I'd get a burp or fart out of him, and I changed him a few times, just to keep him fresh and dry. I thought about giving him a bath, but he doesn't find them too soothing most of the time, it stresses him out. :( I even managed to get him latched on for a little bit!! I was really excited about that, and he stayed there sucking til he fell asleep (temporarily), for about 15-20 minutes. But when I tried the other side, and again later, no go. :( Oh well, it gives me hope that maybe we can still get the BF'ing down pat.

I think after the appt. today, I am going to Buy Buy Baby and buying a regular baby bathtub. I didn't get one, because I wanted the blow up tub, and the little sling that goes in it. Thought that would be better, because I don't have a bathtub, and this would last him until he's at least a year or so. The sling doesn't hold him up though, he's always sliding down, and I don't have enough hands to hold him! I was using the little dish pan thing from the hospital, which I normally use to wash his bottles and pump parts. Yesterday I just used the kitchen sink with nothing in it, but again, he could have his face in the water and not care!! :eek:

Karen- The outfit sounds cute! You need to get everything decorated and post some pics!!

RR- I had to keep messing with it in Photoshop to get it small enough...nevermind that I don't really know jack about photoshop, that's DH's territory, but he gave me basic instructions. It's frustrating, because this board does not tell you what size your pic is, just that it's too big for the size they need. Another (baby) board I post on tells you the size you're trying to post, and what it has to be...in fact, they have a template! This board requires it to be smaller though.

Glad the check up went well, bummer that she was sick the rest of the day...I'm not looking forward to that! I finally weighed Peter yesterday...and if my scale was right, he's 15 lbs.!! :eek: :eek: Man, I hope they don't tell me to cut back on his feedings, because I don't think he'll let me!! He's got really chubby cheeks, but honestly, he's not fat overall, he's solid...at least I think so.

Jul- Glad you're home safe!

Have a great day all, I'm off to shower before he wakes up again...he's peacefully sleeping in the bouncy seat...thank God for the vibrator on it!

RoadRunner
02-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Good Morning!!
Pretty good night last night..Kaylee and daddy played with her baby doll while I bathed and she went to sleep immediately..Didnt eat too well, so the pump was needed.(always something)I felt horrible when I woke up at 2am(missing the 11pm tylenol dose) and her fever was 101!!! She got the tylenol, refused to eat and went to sleep..This morning, she woke up laughing and cooing, still with fever 100 but eating better...I am gonna dose her again with tylenol to keep her fever down..I think the meningitis shot is the one that causes the fever....We now have a 2 month reprieve from the shots!!!!

Lauren-Petey is getting big!!! Boys are always bigger than girls!!!The Pedi said, that at 4 months, if I decide, we can do rice cereal..If not, we will start some solid foods after 6 months!!I have the newborn to toddler tub by The FIrst Years..I love it..I used the sling for the first 6 weeks, and now she is able to sit up on her own in the tub(with me right there).

Karen--Glad U R feeling better!! Scan a pic of that outfit!!!!
WEll..off to get breakfast while she is asleep!!!
RR

LBH
02-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi All,

Everything was great at Peter's 4 wk. appointment! He's NOT 15 lbs., he's 11 lbs., 13 oz.!! He's in the 90th percentile for weight! :lol: I'm not shocked. The doctor said that's fine, he's not fat, or in danger of getting fat anytime soon. Whew... He's 22.5" now, can't remember what % that was, I don't think the nurse told me. The doctor said he's a keeper, he's perfect except for the gas. He told me to cut out all dairy and citrus from my diet. :eek: I have no idea how I will survive, since my life revolves around milk, cheese and my AM OJ!! :( And he told me to use Isomil Soy formula if I need to supplement. He also suggested Chamomile tea, about 2 oz. over the course of the day. He said if eliminating dairy and citrus doesn't work, call him and he can give me some kind of prescription. I like him because he's not quick to medicate...although I told him I was hoping for a miracle drug to solve the gas problem!

gotta run...

Rabbit
02-20-2003, 07:06 PM
hello all. I had weigh in tonight and lost 2 3/4!! I'm excited. I've gotten to my 10 pound goal I set in January. Next goal - 5 pounds.

Karen - those gel things are cool. My sister got me the hands ones for Christmas. ~ sorry about your news.

Jul - hope that your show went well.

Rr - glad you don't have to worry about the shots for another 2 ms.

Rabbit

KarenK
02-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi guys,

I've been monitoring the sugar today and so far the highest is 119 after lunch. I had an apple and 1/4 of a honeydew melon so I guess that was a little too much fruit. But at least it was under the magic number. :D

I also managed a 20 minute walk this afternoon. Yeah. The first exercise in I don't know when. :D

RR: So sorry about the shots. I'm definitely NOT looking forward to that stuff. I cry when the vet has to hurt one of my animals so I can only imagine what's going to happen when it's Alex!! I hope she is feeling much better now!!

Lauren: I'm also glad to hear that Petey is healthy. Why not try leaving out one thing at a time in your diet? That way if it is dairy or citrus you can figure out which one. From my research I've learned that it takes 2-3 weeks to process out all of the dairy in your (and his) body to make sure that it's not giving him the gas. I've read this on Storknet if you want to check it out.

Rabbit: YEAH!!! on the loss. That is SO awesome.

RR/Lauren: I don't get to see the Diabetes Educator until next week so I'm looking for some help here........I'm starving ALL the time. I've tried carrots and SF jello because that is what I have home. I don't even know what else to try. Thanks for any suggestions.

Have a great evening.

Rabbit
02-21-2003, 03:52 PM
hello all.

It took me 7 weeks to lose those 10 lbs, but I am okay with that. Now on to the next 5. :D

Karen - hooray for the walk!

sorry, gotta run - Rabbit :)

KarenK
02-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

Just a quickie. Where is everyone? We must be a busy bunch of girls today.

I am 30 weeks today!! YIKES!! Now that is news to make me nervous!! Alex is kicking or squirming or something right up under my boobs. This is the first time he has done that. It feels SO weird. It kinda takes my breath away. Then he goes and kicks the laptop away. Guess he's tired of me being on here!!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

LBH
02-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Hi All,

Kind of frustrated and crazy right now...mom's here helping, but making me crazy... :rolleyes:

Karen- Mom said you can have rabbit food! :D You can also have popcorn, 3 c. is 1 starch. She's not sure if the guidelines are different for PG, but you can have 3 fruits over the course of the day. Hope that gives you some ideas for snacks.

Rabbit- Congrats on the loss. :cb:

Giving Petey the Isomil formula all day today to see if he's better. May do it tomorrow too, and see if he's better. So far no, he's cranky. :(

RoadRunner
02-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Hello all!!! Karen--I could have 17 carbs daily..soo anything but remember 25carbs=1 serving..I found milk and fruit in the breakfast meal was disaster..but could have it as am snack..2200calories--green beans unlimited, salads etc...

Lauren--Did it arrive???Sorry Petey is irritable...Kaylee is just now herself after those shots..She was irritable all day yesterday and back to normal after her nap this evening!!!!Thank goodness..My mom thinks she is spoiled!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Rabbit!!!!!!
Take care..off to fix supper!!
RR

LBH
02-21-2003, 09:06 PM
RR- YES!! The pump arrived today!! :D I was tracking on UPS, but it was sent FedEx!! :lol: No wonder it didn't recognize it. I actually just got done trying it out, and let me tell you, I think I like it a lot better than the PIS. It took awhile to figure it out, once I got done sterilizing it, but once I did, I was like, oh wow, this is great...it doesn't constantly pull my nips! I got 6.5 oz. out of both sides in about 35 minutes. It takes me 30 min. to get about 5-6 oz. with the PIS (not counting the AM when I get more), and that's doing both at the same time! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! The only problem I had, and I'm not sure if it's a "user error" or what, is getting the milk into the bottle. You know how you just hold the handle down and the milk collects in the tube thing, then you let go occasionally and it drops in the bottle? Well, it doesn't seem to drop into the bottle quickly, or correctly...is it me, or is that just the way it works?

PS, Kaylee's pics are adorable!! :D She's changed soo much!!

RoadRunner
02-22-2003, 11:30 AM
Lauren--Glad it works..Cant help u on the workings cuz I never got it to work!!!! Did I send the book????Too weird, cuz I sent it UPS and the paper was UPS tracking....Sooo strange!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: I feel better that it is not being wasted!!

Well...cleaning fish aquariums today, writing billls, etc etc with DH watching Kaylee soo must go make use of my time!!!!!
RR

KarenK
02-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you are all having a great day. I'm happy because my sugars have been normal. Yippee. Stupid doctor!! I'm supposed to fax him my log on Monday because he didn't think my numbers would be good. Hah!! Fooled him!!

We are going to get our taxes done today. That's a joy!! Then, if we don't owe the IRS too much, we are going to go to Atlantic City. We have a free dinner at Ceasars for our anniversary that expires on Friday so we want to go use it. We let our birthday ones expire so we decided not to let this one!!

LBH
02-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

Karen- Cool on the free dinner! I went to AC once, but I was 16 at the time, went on a bus trip with my friend and her parents. We walked up and down the boardwalk, but they wouldn't even let us in the casino her parents were in to go to the bathroom or find her parents!! :mad: It was soo disgusting and dirty, didn't leave a good impression on me...aside from the fact that I'm not much of a gambler. Although I've always heard good things about the food! ;)

RR- Enjoy the morning "off"! DH is entertaining Petey this AM too. I think I've got the pump figured out, you have to break the suction for a second every now and then and the milk drops down. Yes, you sent the book, but it wasn't specific about that. LOL, no problem about the shipping, it got here, that's all that matters! :D I got 9 oz. at around 9:30 this AM, and that was after pumping at 3:00 AM also...got about 6 oz. then.

Well, off to finish cleaning the bathroom! Have a great day all!