Old 12-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #1  
GnR

Default Strange concern

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but it's worth a shot :P

Basically my issue is that, I'm 20yrs old and used to weigh about 115lbs. Since I have been in college I managed to get up to 136lbs, so decided it was time to lose some weight. I drastically changed my diet, cutting out fast food and pop and replacing it with high protein foods (like tuna, chicken, dairy products, eggs, etc.). So far this has been great, I'm not a picky eater so it was no big deal and I lost about 6lbs just from that. After getting a kick start on that I started working out for an hour every other day (I had originally wanted to work out every day for 30min, but had some time issues), which has also been great so far. But ever since I started working out I've been rapidly loosing the weight, and I'm not sure if that's healthy.

Here's an example. Monday morning I was at 127.6lbs, and just now I weighed myself again and I'm at 125.2lbs. That's a pretty big jump for 2 days! I feel fine, but know that this is generally not a good thing lol. I have been eating enough calories so I'm not sure that that's the problem. I have always had a fast metabolism and used to be naturally thin, does that have something to do with it? Maybe my working out is just jump starting my metabolism?

Any ideas? Should I be concerned or just happy that it's coming off so fast?
GnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Your body fluctuates naturally day to day. It's best to weight yourself once a week at the same time under the same conditions.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm a daily weigher and I've had similar jumps like that, especially when I first began. You might see a quick drop now and then not see any losses on the scale for a week or two...just don't get discouraged!

At the beginning of a new diet you might see quick losses due to your body letting go of water weight. You weight loss should taper off at some point.

If it keeps up then you might want to worry.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

2.4 lbs isn't a huge jump for a couple of days. It depends on lots of things. Did you poop first one day and not the other? You didn't lose 2.4 lbs of fat in two days, it's, as previous posters said, just natural fluctuations. And remember that if you gain weight. The important thing is to look for your overall trend.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote