Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #1  
Started IP 7-14-11

S/C/G: 280/197.2/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Surgery

Has anyone else had major surgery on IP? What did you do? I know I have to follow my doctors advice but I wanted to hear what everyone else has done. I will be in the hospital for 3 days and off work for 4 weeks. Thank you!
futureskinnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi - I didn't have "major" surgery. I had rotator cuff surgery January 2011 and started IP at that time. I did not have to stay in the hospital over night or anything. The fact that you're not supposed to exercise worked out well! I was in a lot of pain and took pain meds. I had been on 3fc site - where I first heard about IP-so I came to the site for support. It was a good time for me to start because: 1. I had cleared my social schedule and other obligations for over a month because I didn't know what my recovery was going to be like. Thus, I avoided a lot of temptation of being in the real world. I had a lot of dvds and shows on t.v. I could fast forward through all the food commercials - I'm not kidding - it really helped. 2. Could not exercise, just gradual physical therapy. 3. The plan was easy for dh to prepare for me and for me to do for myself. 4. If I didn't have this food plan I would have eaten all sorts of junk - you know - comfort foods.
Good luck.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I had emergency appendectomy while on IP. Only in the hospital for 1 night. Just remained on low carb food while in the hospital. Most brought in by husband. There was nothing on the food tray that was remotely low carb! After going home, went straight back to phase 1 IP, without any problems. Good luck!
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote