Pudgy Pets - My pet snake

View Full Version : My pet snake

Latchkey Princess
12-12-2011, 08:45 PM
We have a ball python named Severus. We just got him 6 weeks ago (maybe a bit more). He's a juvenile, we think a little under a year or so, and he's awesome! Docile and friendly. Here is a picture...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/highroad2mizery/IMG_1884.jpg

He's a bit shy, but he has lovely markings (at least we think it's a he, but I'm not experienced enough to pop the poor thing myself, so we're not 100% sure). My husband is building him a custom cage, it's pretty cool with two hiding/nesting areas and two levels. I love when people get close to the glass like "What do you have in there" and then they see it's a snake and they freak. That is so funny. lol

Anybody else with not-so-fuzzy pets?

ICUwishing
12-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Gorgeous! Beautiful colors and markings! So, he's "a-Slytherin"? ;)

I used to have an iguana named Butch. Now, I have the bunny (Patches). Snakes are terribly cool! Someday ... I'd like a monitor. :)

Raven132
12-14-2011, 05:22 PM
He's beautiful! One of my favorite pets I've ever had was my tarantula.

rainydays
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Admittedly, I'm not usually a snake person, but he's beautiful!! And I love the name :)

DesertTabby
12-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Gorgeous yearling! What is he eating? F/T mice or is he still on pinkies?

Man, you're making me miss my corn snake :( Gorgeous sunglow motley colors too. I had to give him away when I moved back home, we have a strict 'no pet' policy.

Daki
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Teehee Severus Snake. Very cute.

And OH MAN. Can you post a picture of that tank?! It sounds AWESOME.

I've got an 8 year old amelanistic corn snake and an almost 1 year old crested gecko. I love reptiles. I've been trying to convince my boyfriend to get a skink.

tessendicott
02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
A. LOVE the name.
B. Makes me miss my python so so much. Had to give her away before I went to college 6 years ago.
Wish we could have another, but we have a hamster and I cannot take that chance.