Support Groups - Slow Dancing With A Stranger, Take 3 :)

K9Owner
12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread every 10 days to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

K9Owner
12-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Morning all :coffee:

This week's challenge presented by "Taking Back Control of YOU!" presented by me :D

Let's make a pact together to ALL commit to our plans and exercise regimes this week--whatever personal goals you have for the week. Let's write them out on this new thread & dedicate ourselves to them this week! We can do it together!! :high:

Gina: I also have a Dinner for 8 party on Thursday, but I am planning to do well right up til the very hour! I also have to work Fri & Sat night, but I intend to take my lunch & stay committed!

Last night, I spent a few hours cooking :carrot:
I have enough food--veggies from this summer that were frozen, SBD Lazy Cabbage, and Chicken Cabbage Soup to last for a week!

My Commitments This Week!
:df: I am committing to do BodyRock Monday and Wednesday & running Tues & Thurs.
:df: I am committing to eating no more than 1400 cals/day this week.
:df: I will stay accountable on our thread every day.

forloveofself
12-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
K9O, I'm ready!
I did well at the weekend. Saturday was a maintenance day, but just a few cals over plan, about 250 cals.
Sunday, saved almost all cals for dinner out, and did well there too, except that I can feel all the extra salt from eating out through my body.:dizzy: I also had my final snack an hour later than I like ( I try not to eat after 8pm).

So this morning, back to true plan:
Breakfast: Dried mixed berries and almonds--- cannot handle egg in any form today!:(
Lunch: Will be light today, Perhaps a yoghurt and wheat crackers or slice of wheat bread and a few more almonds, a cup of vegetable soup.
Long afternoon walk!
Dinner: chicken breast, veggies,
Snack: yoghurt, almonds

geoblewis
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Aren't Monday mornings great?! I love the opportunity to get back on track, refocused with renewed spirit. I had a very good night's sleep, so today I'm looking forward to my morning Pilates class and I am getting back to a tighter control of my foods after a very loose weekend where I let some things like cheese and bread creep back into my diet.

Started my day with a very clean kitchen and refrigerator, which usually means I don't go in all day to mess it up!

Coffee for breakfast, along with two big glasses of water and my vitamins.
I don't plan to eat until 2 pm (I do intermittent fasting with a four-hour window of eating). I've got roast chicken, dandelion greens and broccoli rabe waiting for my meal. And I'm leaving room for inspiration later on if I'm feeling hungry (apple and raw almonds, most likely).

Later today I'll be subjecting myself to a sappy girly movie while using my stationary rower.

My vision for the next 30 days is to keep protein to around 60 gm/day, carbs at 120 gm/day while getting around 35 gm of fiber, 12 glasses of water, at least an hour of cardio daily plus Pilates five days a week. I have my annual physical on Jan 12 and I want to either blow my doctor's socks off or, if all my effort doesn't buy me what I'm hoping for, talk to her about why I can't lose weight. I'm journaling everything I do for the next 30 days.

The other thing I'm working toward is a fitness challenge that starts next month. It's with a body building group of women I've been chatting with and they are so inspirational to me that I want to do the next challenge with them. 12 weeks of their routine (they pump weights, do lunges and squats, all for creating a curvy but well-muscled physique), 3 workouts a week. I have nearly everything I need. Santa is going to buy me a few more dumbbells. I'm so excited!

I know that my plan is big, but I really like that. It gets me motivated. I've never really stuck to a 30-day challenge for myself, but I so want this! I have big health ambitions.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

K9Owner
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I think tomorrow I will weigh in!
I made some homemade cranberry juice last night and had a glass of it today & it is really working its diuretic magic on my kidneys! (I am pretty sure I have a UTI--grand!)

I am OP today, so far. :carrot:
However, I am going to do BodyRock on Tues/Thurs instead of Mon/Wed. I am changing it because I already took my K9s for a 1 hr walk outside :)
I don't watch the news, so I never know what the weather is going to be outside. I do look at it on my weather app, but it is usually never consistent with what is really going on outside.
Today, it is almost 60F! :sunny: GORGEOUS!

I could not resist to take them to the park. River even swam in the lake. I'll have to post pics to let my new friends on this thread see them. They are really my life, since children are out of the picture at this point.

Hope you all are staying OP & having a great Monday!

ThinkinThin5
12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Happy Monday Everyone!

K9Owner:[B] Thanks so much for the website. I plan on checking it out after I finish here so I am ready for January 1.

[B]geoblewis: I see that you have a rowing machine. I was wondering if you would mind letting me know what kind you have. I have been thinking about purchasing one, but have limited funds.

My goals for the week include 5 workouts (2 down, 3 to go) and creating an account on My Fitness Pal.

I went to my Zumba class this evening and my regular instructor was not there. The sub put this 54 year old body in shock! :dizzy: I was keeping up for about 45 minutes and then got a little light-headed so I modified for the last 15. I was pretty proud of myself for keeping up with a much younger instructor. My regular instructor is older than me so I have no excuses in her class! ;)

I decided to make Monday my official weigh-in day. Lost 0.2 pound. Not much, but something.

princessgina00
12-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Okay, so I got this Secret Santa gift today which included chocolate-covered cherries. I ate the entire package (8 oz.), but have still managed to come in just under 2000 calories (only 165 calories above my calorie limit). So, yay! Not exactly OP, but close enough. Now, if only I could actually follow my own advice regarding surviving a holiday party. Does anyone have difficulty with following their own advice at parties and how do you overcome this difficulty? I know not to overflow one's plate, never go back for seconds, eat only the things you love, etc., etc., etc. But, no one ever talks to me at these gatherings (and if they do, it's incredibly awkward), which causes me to stand by the food table and constantly stuff my face in order to look busy. Does/did anyone do this and how do/did you overcome it? HELP!

geoblewis
12-13-2011, 12:00 AM
I have a Concept2, and it's a really good one too. Bought it while I was still married and had more money. I'm so happy I got it, but I don't think I could afford one now. I highly recommend looking for a used one on Craigslist or EBay. It's how I got mine. There's always someone with good intentions who buys one then promptly decides they can't use it any longer. Also consider finding a gym or Y that has one. It's usually one of the least-used machines in the place.

My party strategy is (and this will be unpopular) to either not go, or go but don't drink alcohol. If I avoid the situation, then I avoid the temptation. Because I am a SUCKER for sugar/fat/salt, no matter the occasion! If I must go, then I don't drink. I'm much more fun sober (I fall asleep after two drinks) and after just one drink, I am ready to have a torrid affair with the buffet table. If I stay sober, I will dance wildly all night and I won't eat anything! I'll just drink lots of water. If I do get hungry, I stick to protein and fats plus naked veggies. No sweets. No chips and dip. I may also drink a lot of water and try to eat a healthy meal before I go. If I'm not hungry when I arrive, I won't want to eat anything. At least that's what I tell myself!

Really, I'm getting to a place in my life where a lot of foods that used to hold a huge fascination for me just don't any longer. If I have a food sensitivity to it, the resulting reaction is enough to put me off of not eating it. And most fried or other super-rich foods give me the worst heartburn lately. Candy never tempts me any longer. My real issue is around overeating to manage stress. I am totally capable of overeating and gaining weight on vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats. The more I stay out of stressful situations, or away from the toxic people of my past, the more success I find in losing weight. Right now, I'm trying to learn to not love being full. It's really difficult!

K9Owner
12-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Monday, I thought I was really going to cave! Every time I ate, I was hungry again. It seemed like I was eating every 2 hours.

Monday's Menu
Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple, SBD Lazy Cabbage w/Parmesan, Cranberry Juice: 335
SBD Lazy Cabbage, Green Beans, Butter Beans, Raspberry Greek Yogurt w/Pecan Granola: 460
Tuna, Kavli Crispbread (3), Hot Cocoa: 173
Garden Salad w/Skinless Chicken Tenderloins, Altered Ranch Dsg (2.5 Tbs), Air-Popped popcorn: 389
Total: 1357

K9 Walk: 176
Water: 72 oz

I also walked a great deal yesterday, because I went shopping.

I decided to weigh this morning b/c I seriously overworked my kidneys yesterday & the 1.4 lbs of water I regained last week has LEFT THE BUILDING--taking .2 extra with it. I will defo take it! I feel super light this morning, but only because I expelled so much water yesterday.

If any of you don't know, cranberry is a natural diuretic. I started making my own since HFCS is the main ingredient in most of the pre-made cocktails.I also drink the weight-less cranberry tea sometimes, but I have to drink it cold, as I don't like tea, much less hot tea.

As for parties, I opt not to go to the parties at the hospital. I know I will eat badly & our department is terrible when it comes to eating healthy. Many of my colleagues are overweight or obese & it doesn't seem to bother them. The younger nurses in their 20s aren't really overweight, but their lifestyle just hasn't caught up with them yet--it will if they don't educate themselves in nutrition.
They are always having wedding showers, baby showers, unit parties, and the like, but I just don't go. Hopefully they schedule them when I am not working. If one is scheduled when I am actually working, I typically will not eat the main dishes, but go fork first toward any cake (non-chocolate) or other sweet thing that is there. I would love to say, "I just don't like sugar like I used to." But the fact is, the more I eat of it, the more I want it!

We obviously can't drink ETOH at the hospital, so that is never an issue. However, if we ever had an off-site party, I wouldn't have to worry so much about eating. You could find me nestled beside an entire bottle of white merlot & I'd be burning off all those cals either talking or dancing. Merlot has the opposite effect on me than it does on Georgia. I usually want to have a torrid affair with the dance floor :D

Today, my mom is coming for Christmas baking. Hopefully, I can stick to my guns and only eat about 300 cals or less worth of treats. Our big treats will be chocolate-based, so it's a WIN for me!

I am getting off this lappie right now to go do BodyRock before she gets here. I don't want to put it off until later. I will have lost ALL motivation to do it!!

IsabellaOlivia
12-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Lost 0.1 kilos since last week. That's good for me. I'm just happy with a weight loss at all.

K9Owner
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Lost 0.1 kilos since last week. That's good for me. I'm just happy with a weight loss at all.

I sooooo feel you today Isabella! That's precisely why I weighed in today. Sometimes we have to take the loss on whatever day it happens to be here. :hug: We can celebrate today together!! :yay:

forloveofself
12-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Hello Everyone,
Thank God today I don't feel as ravenous as yesterday. I had hoped to stay below 1500 cals, just to feel like I was back on track, but 1500 almost on the dot it was by the time I had extra wheat crackers, and more cottage cheese with dried mixed fruit (incl. cranberries) for my final snack. It was all good for me food, but too much of it!
As some of you have said, it must be a Monday thing.
K9O I love cranberry juice and dried cranberries! I too get frequent UTIs so I know about the benefits. I wish my intestinals were as easy to deal with as my unrinary tract issues.

princess I'm super shy still, not to mention out of my element when other museum nerds aren't around, so parties are difficult for me because of that. But in recent years, I've decided to be brave and to look for someone who seems just as uncomfortable (there are more of us than we sometimes think) and I walk over and say "hello", sincerely tell them I like something they are wearing/hair. I even say I'm not going to have anything else on a cracker today, or something like that, we usually both laugh, and since it is out there, I can stop focusing on bad foods.

Think Congrats on doing such a great job in your Zumba class.

Isabella, every fraction of a kilo means progress. It is difficult, but I try to focus on what I have not regained even though I'm not seeing a loss.

So far so good with staying on plan,
Will bake chicken breast to have in my salad for dinner.

Today I walked a mile and did a few repetions with my hand weights as was yesterday. Firbo is a beast, but I'm good at ignoring pain until bedtime.
I hope you enjoy your afternoon

patchworkpenguin
12-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Dec 13, Tues
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= 3 c leftover roasted veggies
S= 2 clementines
D= Baked Stew {from Taste of Home Diet Comfort Food cookbook}, 1 bread
S= ice cream
E=36m UB

Right= I lost a lb! I'm sure I'll find it tomorrow but for today its gone! did an extra good job on cleaning house. Did my UB workout even though I was tired and I didn't want to

Regret= The ice cream; it was okay but nothing great, I could have spent those calories on something better

Cleaning house took me a lot longer than I thought it would because I kept taking breaks because of my back, but I'm happy to say that I got everything done! I did squeeze in KCM's 30MTF Split Sessions UB today. In the middle of the workout we were to lay on our backs for flies/bench press, so I rolled down and each vertebra cracked on the way down. Ekkk! Felt much better afterwards but yuck, although I do tend to pop and crack whenever I move. There were a few exercises at the end, mostly ab related, that I couldn't do because of the sore back.

My parents are taking me out to lunch tomorrow.

geoblewis
12-13-2011, 11:40 PM
I had an emotionally charged day most of the day but managed to keep a lid on content and calories all day. Really a surprising feat for me. And then I went to Pilate's and I feel fabulous! I mean really, life is feeling pretty great!

The challenge will be tomorrow morning. Often, I let that stupid scale tell me how to feel, no matter how great I was feeling. I stopped eat at 5. I only ate 1500 calories today. I exercised hard for an hour. If I don't see a loss on the scale tomorrow morning...there will be ranting!

Sleep well, my pretties, and dream beautiful dreams.

K9Owner
12-14-2011, 01:32 AM
I had the BEST day with my mom! We did NOT argue even once the whole day we baked together. And, we were in a small area! This is saying VOLUMES :lol:

I did considerably well eating-wise for the food we made. I'll spare the details, but with all of the sugar around me, the thing I wanted and ate most of was a tuna ball she brought to my house for my sister! It was made with cream cheese, green onions, canned tuna, pecans, & IDK what else, but I could have easily devoured the entire snowman-shaped concoction! :drool:

Tuesday's Menu
Turkey/FF Cheese Omelet, Coffee: 170
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll w/Parmesan, Green Beans, Tuna Ball, Kavi Crispbread (6), :cookie: : 439
Chicken-Cabbage-Broccoli Soup, Side Slice of Buffalo Chicken :jeno: , Tuna Ball, 1/2 Pecan Praline: ~558
Total: 1167

BodyRock: 160 (I did it before mom came over. Boy! was this the BEST decision I made!)
Water: 64 oz

I quick-added 350 cals on MFP, 50 over what I wanted to have in treats today. I would have made it if it weren't for that darn tuna ball!!!
It was weird, b/c the :cookie: appeared to sweet to me & even thought the pralines were by far my fave, they were soooo incredibly sweet. I could only eat about 1 tsp.

K9Owner
12-14-2011, 01:46 AM
LoveofSelf: What's your fave cottage cheese add in?? I am ALWAYS looking for something yummi to try. I usually do a mixed version of Friendship NO Added Sodium (85g) and Breakstone's 30% Less Sodium (31g). I couldn't go cold turkey with the Friendship, but just adding abt 1/4 c Breakstone's really makes a fabulous blend. A far as add-ins go, I like fresh pineapple, canned peaches, or SF Strawberry Preserves (Smucker's or All Fruit).

I found a superb granola from Kroger called Love Grown Foods--Sweet Cranberry Pecan. I add 15g (1/8 c) atop my raspberry Greek yogurt :drool:

That's a great idea about seeking other people who look uncomfortable at parties. There is usually at least one or 2 others that are feeling the same way you are about the buffet of food.

:wave: Hi PP. I hope you and your parents have a great time at lunch tomorrow. What's on the menu?

Georgia: Isn't it funny how an electronic device--or a rotary one--can dictate so much of our lives!! I am so used to being my present size, even if I think I feel "fat", I dare not step on that devilish killjoy!
:crossed: that you have a loss tomorrow!!

We are missing some ladies on this thread. You know who you are and YES, you are missed greatly!

forloveofself
12-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Hello Everyone!
K9O
You did great being around all that sugar. The tuna sounds delicious! Tuna sandwiches or in a pita pocket, esp made by someone else, are my faves!
I add mixed dried berries, no salt almonds which I chop myself, sprinkle wheat germ, topped with a dollop of yoghurt. I'm funny about tinned fruit mixed in with anything. Even when it is sugar free, prefer them without any garnish. Another funny thing, With the fruit on the bottom yoghurt, while I spoon them up together, I never mix them together first :)

Georgia Congrats!
PP Enjoy your lunch with parents. I hope it is not a stresser for you.

Sum38 thought of you yesterday! Hope all is well with you.

Breakfast: was a slice of wheat toast, and peach greek yoghurt.
Lunch: Tuna sandwich sounds really good!
Dinner: Meatless. Stir fried veggies
Snacks. cottage cheese or yogurt, dried fruit and almonds.

alaskanlaughter
12-14-2011, 12:15 PM
good morning :) ive been out of internet and cell phone range for three days...we traveled on very short notice to my husband's native village because our immediate family experienced two deaths within days of each other (both suicides)...my husband was the leader of most of what went on, organizing, transporting ppl etc in lieu of his older brothers, who were unable to come back home...if anyone is interested in life in a tiny alaskan village, let me know and i will copy/paste a LONG version that i wrote to someone else

i did not exercise, there was no gym, i also have a terrible ear infection that i'm on antibiotics for...i'm exhausted, very little sleep, very little food...am going home to rest once i leave the work shift this morning...i managed to drop 6-8 pounds in those three days...not healthy, i'm sure, it will all bounce back up once i start hydrating myself and eating better again...

and let me tell you, landing a jet on an icy short runway next to the ocean is something else!! talk about slamming on the brakes! LOL! we touched down in the village (which oddly enough is served by alaska airlines, the BIG airplanes) and as soon as we hit the runway, the pilot SLAMMED on the brakes...i thought for sure we would skid off, because one time that did happen, and the pilot took out a few lightposts on the landing...

krystal...check facebook! i will be posting AMAZINGGGG photos of the beach there!!

K9Owner
12-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Alaskan: OMG!! I thought you were going to have J&D alone while he went. I didn't realize you were traveling with him! Of course I want the detailed Alaskan blog! I'm glad you're home & safe & I'd take that 6-8 lb drop right now, even unhealthfully!!

ItsMyTurn
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Alaskan - Wow... that landing sounds like it would have taken my breath. When I am nervous, I forget to breathe... or when I am super hyperfocussed on something (I didn't say it was a good thing) :lol: I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Looks like everyone is doing amazing! I read through to see resisting the sugar (though chocolate isn't a problem, lol) and I think I would have caved on the sugar - saw worries of an office party. I go to gatherings, but because of my father's influence, I am not comfortable eating in front of others who I may think MIGHT pay attention - so eating at a big gathering is a non-issue for me. Wish I had some advice for you though.

As for me, sorry for being MIA for a bit. I have actually been having losses now that I broke the plateau, and I'm not gonna lie - would have felt guilty posting here. I "fit" better when I plateaued. I was able to log a 1.8lb loss this week - that's HUGE to me! Some of you know, others don't... but I have some real bad medically based pain that occurs from time to time and it prevents me from workouts.. it hasn't been so bad as of late, and that seems to be helping. I have always been like that though. Everyone always says on weight loss that food/diet is for weightloss and exercise is for fitness. Well... without the full fitness, workouts, pushing myself... diet alone will not make me loss jack-diddly. I have to exercise or stay still as far as scale. I guess I am an odd duck that way :) I have been staying on plan with eating and been able to add a few workouts in (a couple really good ones), and feeling pretty good. Things have been super busy, but as I have heard here... I am worth the time it takes in order to take care of me :D

So my challenges (I know I am so late on this) for the week are:

Want to fit in 3 workouts (more if body allows)
Stay totally on plan with food
Log/track food/activity daily

princessgina00
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
My sympathies to you and your family, Alaskan, and I'm glad you made it back home safely. I couldn't imagine being on a plane that had to land on an icy runway. I can barely stand landing in rain.

As for me, I was able to lose 0.5 pounds in the past week despite the clear and present danger of food at my conference last week. I also managed to put on a size 14 skinny jeans without creating a muffin top (I bought them day after Thanksgiving and could zip them but felt like a sausage). So, yay NSV! As for my party tomorrow, I will try to seek out a companion in discomfort. But, I have never been able to find such an elusive creature. Everyone always seems to be talking to someone at the gatherings I attend. But, we will see. Maybe this time will be different. At least there will be punch!

ItsMyTurn
12-14-2011, 04:35 PM
princessgina - Look at you all fitting comfy in the 14s!!!!! Great job!!!! Isn't it awesome to have those victories that aren't measured by the scale??? I am so happy for you! Happy dance! :dance: Good luck at your party, I am sure you will do wonderfully! Look at how far you have come!

K9Owner
12-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Star: How long was your plateau? As you know from MFP, my 1.6 was actually only 0.2 this week. Was yours true fat loss? I certainly hope so. I hate gaining and losing the same 2 lbs month after month! Is your office holding Christmas parties?
BTW: Don't be silly! You can post here as long as you like! :D

Gina: :carrot: yippee for your NSV!! I love when clothes fit the way they were intended!

LoveofSelf: I promise, if I had had that tuna ball this morning at my house when I woke up, I would have eaten his entire head!! I was craving tuna so badly. How weird of a craving is that??? :dizzy:

AFM: I've been pretty much OP today. I did have a :cookie: . I woke up at 11pm last night from a 4 hr nap. I do keep weird hours with sleep. Anyway, by midnight I was famished. I ate 376 cals before bed at 2:30am, then I slept until 11:30 this morning. I took my K9s to the park & instead of them walking me, I ran them!! :woohoo: Riv & I did hill intervals at the park, since it's like 65F :sunny: & pleasantly WARM! I was able to wear short-sleeves! :yay: Great burn today!

Today's Menu
Pineapple Cottage Cheese, Multi-Grain Round w/Carving Board Turkey & mayo, 1 :cookie: : 376
Turkey & FF Cheese Omelet: 184
SBD lazy Cabbage Roll w/Parmesan: 208
DINNER:???? ~600
Total: ~1368

Water: 72 oz
K9 Run w/Hill Intervals: 340 :woohoo:

alaskanlaughter
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
princess - if it's winter in alaska, virtually all flights, big or small, land on icy runways...sometimes the ground crew will put some gravel down, sometimes the wind just blows the gravel off...i'm not too worried, it's how i've flown all my life and i'm not scared to fly and there's really very few major accidents up here anyhow...it was a couple years ago that the boeing 737 airplane slid on the runway there, took out a couple lightposts...probably because they brake so freaking FAST at that runway...oh! and when you take off from my city on the coast, the runway (while longer than the runway in the village) is set on tidal flatland between an ocean channel and a mountain...the runway dead-ends in the ocean so when the pilot touches down for landing, those wheels hit RIGHT at the edge of the ocean/runway and then you brake like crazy LMAO!

i still find it crazy that alaska airlines flies those huge boeing 737s in and out of these little cities and villages around here...part of what's called the "milk run" where the airlines run from anchorage to seattle, but make a ton of stops along the way to pick up village stuff....oh! and one of the 737s has the entire front section blocked off and that's how they haul extra cargo...the ppl sit in the back half, and the extra cargo goes in the front

alaskanlaughter
12-14-2011, 05:11 PM
krystal - i will send it to you on facebook when i get home...i can only do 3fc at work and only do facebook at home LOL!

i have even more to tell that i didnt add to the long version because i was writing it last night to a facebook group of girls that i'm part of, one of those "secret" groups

it was amazing to see all these people, friends and family and relatives, in the village...i know that i have something of a social anxiety around most people because i'm never 100% comfortable with anyone - ever - even after years of knowing them...while i enjoy being around people, i'm never totally comfortable...BUT being in the village, i actually met TWO people who i was totally comfortable with, 100%, right off the bat and i dont think i can list even two people in town here that i'm that comfortable with, excluding my husband....but in the village i got to spend time with his cousin melissa, who i've known already, and i was completely comfortable with her, although not all the other cousins and relatives...and i got to meet my husband's best friend from childhood and was immediately comfortable with him, which is SO RARE!...we spent one night at the local bar with the entire family and while my husband was involved with talking to everyone all night long, his best friend sat with me and we talked all night and he kept an eye on me when the drunk creepies started coming over to the new girl at the bar LOL! but it was just a very different experience to be around someone that i felt completely comfortable with from the moment i met him...i knew i could trust him and it was a very rare experience that i'm still sort of processing in my head because it was so different...im not sure why i had less social anxiety in the village, but only around certain people and not all of them

so here's a story: my DH is known around the village for a rough start in his life, lots of fighting, a tough Brown Bear (that's his clan)...i heard people say "there's a bear around here" in reference to him when we were at the bar...although he's straightened out in the last 15 or so years...so i'm sitting there by myself while his friend H smoked outside, and this drunk guy comes up to me and starts talking, he leaned in real close and said "what would you do if a weirdo like me got in your space?" and i looked him dead in the eye and said "why, i'd go get my husband" and i got up and walked over to my DH...that guy never came near me again! LMAO!

ItsMyTurn
12-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Krystal - My plateau was 5 weeks. Then I started with a .2lb loss the first week I started to break it, then it was .8 the next week, and this week finally 1.8. It should be a genuine loss... but going to level back out with female factors about to be thrown into the mix. I hate the plateaus though and started going according to my "feeling" instead after week 3 :) How is my breathing, how is my energy level..etc.
Sounds like you had an amazing exercising time!!!! Great job!

Alaskan - I have learned something new today, had never heard the term milk run before. I am so glad you had such a great experience out :) Less anxieties, even when odd, is a good thing ;)

jomatho
12-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Hey guys, sorry I have been lax in the updating. I am doing well, staying on plan, just extra busy right now.

Looks like most of you are having a pretty good week this week and that makes me smile. I will weigh in on Saturday officially, hoping for some sort of loss this week.

K9Owner
12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm exhausted!
Up since 5am & non-stop all day!
I'll be glad when this Dinner for 8 is O*V*E*R!

Updates and personals after dinner.
Hope you all have had a great OP day!!

princessgina00
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Holiday party went okay. It was too crowded to stay for a long time, so I didn't overeat. I did enjoy some tiramisu, but nothing to derail this week's weight loss. I was a little disappointed with the selections (no cookies!), but I guess it was for the best. Now, Christmas will really be my time to shine and overeat. Turkey and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes...oh, my!

alaskanlaughter
12-15-2011, 05:26 PM
i'm here today....still with an ear infection...it bugs me that i havent been able to go to the gym for nearly a week :( first with travel and now with an ear infection....if only i wasnt so dizzy and uncoordinated with this ear infection LOL but i'm worried i'd fall off the treadmill

im also extremely exhausted... i havent been this tired in yearsss...im not sure if it's the travel, the ear infection, emotionally drained from the memorial service/funeral/burial, or what...but i have slept as much as possible between work shifts for two days now, even begging out of meetings, and im so tired when i get up...ugh...im finally feeling a little better this afternoon...

K9Owner
12-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Alaskan: What antibiotic are you on for the infection? If it's Keflex/ Cephalexin, that's more than likely the reason you are soooo sleepy. I took that 1 time for an infection for 1 DAY! The MD had to prescribe me something else, b/c I literally could not stay awake after taking it, & I had to work.
Sorry you feel so bad :hug: & just when you were getting in the groove of :running: too!!
Maybe by next week, you'll start feeling like yourself again.

Gina: :yay: for you at the party! Tiramisu sounds yummi to me! :drool:

Star: I don't think I realized you were in a 5 week plateau. I truly hope it's over for you. How frustrating!!

AFM: My Dinner for 8 party was sooooo fun!! They are a little work (for one person), but when I got there, I had the best time! I saw several ladies I haven't seen in many years--one since high school! :yikes: I'll post a photo of our table if I can manage to figure out how to download a photo on this Mac! I promise, some of the basic things on this machine are tedious to operate!
They had a silent auction to benefit foreign missions, and I am now the proud owner of a glass bottle tree and a Friendship Bowl designed by Terry Gill Pottery-photos pending :lol:

I defo overate yesterday! :cry: I didn't binge, but cals were just too high!

Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 141
Turkey/ FF Cheese Omelet, Greek Yogurt w/PB2, 1 tsp Agave, & Cranberry Pecan Granola: 301
**I did awesome up until THIS point! :stress:
Grilled Chicken w/Broccoli Slaw Wrap from The Fresh Market, Yogurt Covered Raisins (16), 2 :cookie: : ???
Poppy Seed Chicken, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Banana Pudding, Merlot (16 oz): ???
Total: TOO MANY! :fr:

Water: Over 72 oz
Exercise: BodyRock 193 cals :yay:
This workout was TOUGH! Good thing I did it early, when I first woke up! They are having guest hosts for a bit over on the site for the workouts instead of Zuzana doing all of them, & OMG!! This UK chic named Lisa-Marie that they have until Christmas is going to :kickbutt: Her workouts are equally AMAZING! My abs were soooo sore yesterday, as were my pects. The only thing I was unable to do was an "elevated push-up". I can barely do 50 seconds of push-ups on my knees, much less with my feet elevated on a higher-planed object with only my arms supporting me while I go up and down! :rofl: I'm such a weakling, but I'm getting stronger with each workout!

So, tonight is work--as it tomorrow. I'll try to check in when I can. I hope each of you have a great weekend OP, making some beautiful memories with your loved ones :)

alaskanlaughter
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM
krystal i am taking antibiotic ear drops called Cipro-something...i think it was just the toll of the travel, memorial service, funeral, burial, being in the village, lack of sleep, lack of food etc...i felt better yesterday afternoon, i think i did the right thing to rest between work shifts and not go to the meetings that i should have...last night i was able to get some real housecleaning done, pay some bills, go to the store, and felt much more like my usual energy level even though i can still feel the ear infection...as much as i want to go to the gym, i'm giving myself at least today and possibly this weekend...i might go this weekend and just walk at an incline and not run...i miss going there but i also know the consequences of not listening to my body (worse illness, then hospital visit, been there done that) lol

K9Owner
12-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Alaskan: Cipro is a broad-spectrum abx. It typically doesn't have the "knock you out" effect that Keflex does. You are prob right. You're body is trying to regain momentum. I think you are wise to listen to it and rest! Walk if anything. Defo no :running: Injury is worse than infection!
So, you didn't say--how many of those pounds stayed gone?!?!
Inquiring minds ya know :lol:

runningfromfat
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
:wave:

I haven't been around for awhile between my parents visiting and I'm currently on a business trip. No news on the weight loss front but I'll be happy to maintain over the trip because I have to eat out for every meal. Thankfully the options haven't been that bad and I can at least eat really healthy for 2 meals/day (dinner is tricky. last night we went out for pizza to a stupid restaurant that didn't even have veggies available to put on the pizza AND the pizza didn't even have sauce, just cheese+crust, yuck! :mad: ). I'm trying to exercise a bit in the hotel room but I'm pretty done by the end of the day... sitting all day isn't helping things either! arg!

Next week will be a lot better because we'll be home again. We'll have a friend visiting but I'll be doing the cooking so at least I can make healthy options and get exercise in. Hopefully that translates into some sort of loss by the end of the month, we'll see. :crossed:

alaskanlaughter
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Alaskan: Cipro is a broad-spectrum abx. It typically doesn't have the "knock you out" effect that Keflex does. You are prob right. You're body is trying to regain momentum. I think you are wise to listen to it and rest! Walk if anything. Defo no :running: Injury is worse than infection!
So, you didn't say--how many of those pounds stayed gone?!?!
Inquiring minds ya know :lol:

lol i was at 205 this morning, down from 211 this weekend before i left...i'll type more at work, computer at home doesnt like 3fc

ThinkinThin5
12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Alaskan: I flew out of Juneau about ten years ago. I remember looking out the window and thinking to myself "Are we REALLY going to clear that mountain? I give those pilots so much credit. That runway seems awfully short when you're approaching that mountain! I'm sorry for all you and your family have been through. I hope you are feeling better too.

Kudos to everyone who is staying on track and those of us who are keeping as close to being on track as we can during the hectic holiday season.

I finished workout #4 today. 2-Week Turnaround Weights. Hope to complete #5 tomorrow. Feeling a bit of a sore throat this evening. Hoping it doesn't get worse.

Keep up the good work everyone!

alaskanlaughter
12-16-2011, 07:25 PM
this is my last day of work before winter break...like i keep saying, 3fc doesnt work well from my home computer but i will try to check in and post...my goals are to get back to the gym and to keep eating healthy and moderately...hope everyone has happy holidays and i will try to post if i can :)

Larry H
12-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Did you all miss me??? :D:D:D

My laptop PC died of old age I should have put it out of it's misery a long time ago and I had no internet access. I now have a brand new Laptop with a huge (to Me) screen 17.3" and lots of memory and speed. Now I have to learn windows 7.

I have been eating way too much and gained weight since Thanksgiving but think I have it finally back under control,

The last two days I ate intentionally very light 678 cal yesterday and 709 today.
I intend to follow this eating style for only a few days to readjust my body away from my developing binge habit.

Larry

K9Owner
12-17-2011, 03:22 PM
:wave: Hi Larry, great to see you. I see I am not the only one with pc issues lately! I hope you enjoy your HP. DH has one of those with a 17" screen. It's massive!

Work went well last nignt and as much as I wanted to dig in to desserts, I ate Greek yogurt and cottage cheese instead.

Total Cals: ~1184 :fr: (this is a HUGE victory for me at work!)
Exercise Cals: ~300
Water: 64 oz

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday :D

forloveofself
12-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Hello Everyone!
Alaskan, Hope you'll be feeling better soon, and the same to anyone feeling unwell. Funny about your hubby being leader. I really like our chief. He works really hard for us.

K9O so glad your dinner party went well.

Congratulations to those with small or large victories.

Hello Larry enjoy your new computer

I'm doing okay on plan Too many carb cals, 145 on Friday, but it was easier. I've been having a major fibro/neuralgia flare since Thursday and I feel almost not all there at the moment. Head, neck shoulders and legs pounding.
No significant weight loss for weeks now, about 5 wks or so, just ounces yet I know I am honestly following cal counting plan as I write them down at end of the day.
I think I will, for a short time, do intermittent fasting to see if this helps.
I started eating some sort of breakfast when I started on this journey in early October, but I really never cared and still don't like to eat before 11am/noon. My tummy is never ready for it, I just started to do it because my GP suggested I should.
Well, I'm going to see if following my natural inclinations works. I believe it works out to about the same cals or fewer by 200 to 300. But if that's when my body is ready to burn them regardless of exercise, maybe that will make a difference.

I will not give up, and sooner or later this body will stop holding on to the 14lbs to first goal.
I am only a bit down because I wanted to start the New Year at around 172, but I won't beat myself up about it any longer.

Have a great wkend. See you Monday.

ThinkinThin5
12-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Not going to make my 5 workouts this week. The sore throat did get the best of me. Decided to rest for the weekend and try to get back to my Zumba class on Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well with their challenges.

geoblewis
12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I had a mixed week. I exercised a lot. Six hours of Pilates this week, plus time on my rower and weight training. It all feels good and I like feeling strong.

But I also had an emotionally charged week, fell into a giant vat of carbs for two days, then my period started last night (I'm peri-menopausal and I never know when Aunt Flo is going to show up, if at all) and suddenly the mood swings and carb fest made sense. Despite all my workouts and controlled eating earlier in the week, the two-day indulgence caused me to gain 10lbs. Zoinks! Not freaking out about it (context is everything), but ZOINKS!

Today's plan: drink lots of water, tea and coffee, eat lean protein and veggies, avoid all refined carbs and other processed foods.

Only issue left at the moment...what to do about the potato cravings!

ItsMyTurn
12-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Have had a lot going on... but here today. Scale for official WI today showed me up 1.2Lbs, but constipation for 3-4 days (I know, TMI), and TOM started in the middle of the night... I know it's just stuff that will fall back off in a few days, so not worried about it - bigger fish to fry then that right now. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

princessgina00
12-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Weighed in at 188 yesterday and 187.5 today, meaning that I have lost 3 pounds in the last week and this has been my best weight loss week in over two months. So, I guess my slow dance has turned into a bit of a salsa for this week. But, I doubt it will last. Next week it will probably turn back into a waltz and I will see the same satisfying 0.5 or 1 lb lost.

geoblewis, do not worry about the "10-lb weight gain." It is nearly impossible for one to gain 10 lbs in 2 days. The scale is probably just registering waste, water, and sodium weight. Its artificial and will be down before you know it.

alaskanlaughter
12-19-2011, 01:32 AM
my computer is letting me on here for a bit...i am feeling much better although one more day left of antibiotic ear drops...decided to try the gym today and had a good workout, same routine as i was doing before i left to travel to the village...i was surprised that it was about the same level of difficulty because i'd been out for a week, i thought it would be harder again...scale still saying between 202-204, down from 211 before i traveled...tempted to change my ticker but i still dont think that weight will stay...i think it will go back up once i start working out and muscles retaining water again...did alot of baking today, have a package ready to send to the village...hope my computer continues to let me on here while im home for two weeks :)

jomatho
12-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Weighed in at 188 yesterday and 187.5 today, meaning that I have lost 3 pounds in the last week and this has been my best weight loss week in over two months. So, I guess my slow dance has turned into a bit of a salsa for this week. But, I doubt it will last. Next week it will probably turn back into a waltz and I will see the same satisfying 0.5 or 1 lb lost.

geoblewis, do not worry about the "10-lb weight gain." It is nearly impossible for one to gain 10 lbs in 2 days. The scale is probably just registering waste, water, and sodium weight. Its artificial and will be down before you know it.

This is awesome news!!! You lose weight like me, trickle, trickle, trickle, whoosh. Gotta love those whooshes! Congrats and I think this is a good Christmas present for you, huh?

jomatho
12-19-2011, 07:55 AM
my computer is letting me on here for a bit...i am feeling much better although one more day left of antibiotic ear drops...decided to try the gym today and had a good workout, same routine as i was doing before i left to travel to the village...i was surprised that it was about the same level of difficulty because i'd been out for a week, i thought it would be harder again...scale still saying between 202-204, down from 211 before i traveled...tempted to change my ticker but i still dont think that weight will stay...i think it will go back up once i start working out and muscles retaining water again...did alot of baking today, have a package ready to send to the village...hope my computer continues to let me on here while im home for two weeks :)

I think you should claim that weight loss! Water in the muscles will only be temporary, if you get it. Glad your ear is feeling better, ouch! Enjoy your vacation!

jomatho
12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
I had a mixed week. I exercised a lot. Six hours of Pilates this week, plus time on my rower and weight training. It all feels good and I like feeling strong.

But I also had an emotionally charged week, fell into a giant vat of carbs for two days, then my period started last night (I'm peri-menopausal and I never know when Aunt Flo is going to show up, if at all) and suddenly the mood swings and carb fest made sense. Despite all my workouts and controlled eating earlier in the week, the two-day indulgence caused me to gain 10lbs. Zoinks! Not freaking out about it (context is everything), but ZOINKS!

Today's plan: drink lots of water, tea and coffee, eat lean protein and veggies, avoid all refined carbs and other processed foods.

Only issue left at the moment...what to do about the potato cravings!

Darn Hormones! Hope it passes soon!

jomatho
12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
Hello Everyone!
Alaskan, Hope you'll be feeling better soon, and the same to anyone feeling unwell. Funny about your hubby being leader. I really like our chief. He works really hard for us.

K9O so glad your dinner party went well.

Congratulations to those with small or large victories.

Hello Larry enjoy your new computer

I'm doing okay on plan Too many carb cals, 145 on Friday, but it was easier. I've been having a major fibro/neuralgia flare since Thursday and I feel almost not all there at the moment. Head, neck shoulders and legs pounding.
No significant weight loss for weeks now, about 5 wks or so, just ounces yet I know I am honestly following cal counting plan as I write them down at end of the day.
I think I will, for a short time, do intermittent fasting to see if this helps.
I started eating some sort of breakfast when I started on this journey in early October, but I really never cared and still don't like to eat before 11am/noon. My tummy is never ready for it, I just started to do it because my GP suggested I should.
Well, I'm going to see if following my natural inclinations works. I believe it works out to about the same cals or fewer by 200 to 300. But if that's when my body is ready to burn them regardless of exercise, maybe that will make a difference.

I will not give up, and sooner or later this body will stop holding on to the 14lbs to first goal.
I am only a bit down because I wanted to start the New Year at around 172, but I won't beat myself up about it any longer.

Have a great wkend. See you Monday.

I think saying everyone needs to eat breakfast is hogwash! Do what feels right for your body. A lot of people eat like this and do very well, good luck.

Sum38
12-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi ladies and Larry I am back :)

I needed to take a break from internet a bit...it felt I was spending too much time checking on FB or my forums...

The last two weeks; I really focused on myself. I ate OP each day, walked 6/7 days. I went down to 156 pounds. I feel a TON lighter. Yay!

Kids are home and hubby only has to work today and tomorrow.

I am getting ready for xmas. My MIL is still pouting ( she is taking her anger on my DD as well...she ignored her 17th birthday...yikes), but I agreed to spend x-mas eve-eve with inlaws and BIL.... I am trying to keep my composure and not let her get to me and over eat in a process.

Everyone have a FAB day!

K9Owner
12-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone,
Sorry I've been MIA--working.
I have been up several hours this morning.
I feel yucki, like I have a urinary tract infection.
I am going to try to go to the lab to get it checked and get a Rx for an abx.
UGH! agony :stress:

jomatho
12-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Sum, glad you took a break and were able to focus on you, a big congrats to you for the loss! I missed you and was just wondering if we were going to have to send out a search party.
We are having some in-law issues too and are staying home on Christmas day for the first time in about 22 years!!!!!!! Holy crap, I don't know how that will feel, probably luxurious.

K9, feel better soon :( Yikes, I have never had a UTI, but it sounds like pure misery. :hug:

forloveofself
12-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Jo, Thanks for the encouragement. I have been like that (not breakfast eater) since early teens. Well, that not wanting to eat first thing in the morning only grew esp after health issues came along. Going with my instincts have always served me well. afterall, we are in tuned to ourselves!

Hello Sum38, glad you are back!

K9O ugh! Hope it will clear up soon. Cranberries! :)

Started around 10 am with a handful of dried mixed berries and almonds, just to take the fibre tabs and other meds. Tummy didn't need to protest! :) Hoorah!

Lunch was a plate of veggies and a yogurt with more berries.

Dinner: Over the wkend, I made tunawith mayo, chopped celery, and chopped onions for tuna melts, and later, for a snack had some with celery pieces, cheese and crackers, (very filling and satisfying)So may do the same sans the crackers, or more stir fry veggies with some kind of protein.

Snack:Got some low cal/low fat chocolate and lemon pudding cups when I went shopping, so will have one of those at some point before 8pm

Great journey everyone!

ThinkinThin5
12-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Sum38: Congratulations on your focus and weight loss. That's fabulous!

K9Owner: Hope you are feeling better. Those UTIs can make life so miserable.

My sore throat is not showing signs of improvement. I now have a dry cough to go with it. Have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow for something else so I'll have her check it out. That being said, I will not make my exercise challenge this week. With Christmas coming up I don't want to overexert myself with exercise and end up really sick for Christmas. So, I am switching to keeping a close eye on my calories this week.

On a good note I am down another 0.8 pound. So I've lost a total of 1 pound since the challenge started. For me that's saying something.

Continued good luck to everyone this week and holiday blessings to you and yours.

jomatho
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Sum38: Congratulations on your focus and weight loss. That's fabulous!

K9Owner: Hope you are feeling better. Those UTIs can make life so miserable.

My sore throat is not showing signs of improvement. I now have a dry cough to go with it. Have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow for something else so I'll have her check it out. That being said, I will not make my exercise challenge this week. With Christmas coming up I don't want to overexert myself with exercise and end up really sick for Christmas. So, I am switching to keeping a close eye on my calories this week.

On a good note I am down another 0.8 pound. So I've lost a total of 1 pound since the challenge started. For me that's saying something.

Continued good luck to everyone this week and holiday blessings to you and yours.

Congrats on the 0.8 and the 1 pound total!! That is wonderful, keep up the good work!

K9Owner
12-19-2011, 10:34 PM
:wave: Hi everyone
I feel like I've abandoned you all and I am truly sorry. It was not intentional, nor am I leaving. I really don't know when I have felt THIS terrible. Actually, I do. It was in June when I had another infection and then in Jan 2007, which was the last time I had a UTI. Good thing I don't get these regularly. And, it's even worse around Christmas and New Year's b/c caffeine and ETOH make urine more acidic (as does cranberry) :stress:
My favorite things to drink right now are ALL of those aforementioned! So, it looks like plenty of water for me :spin:
I'm glad to see so many on our thread doing so well despite the upcoming and ongoing Christmas festivities.

ThinkinThin: :yay: on your 0.8! I feel ya on this commie "For me that's saying something."

I did ok over the weekend at work. I didn't eat out or anything like that, but I did eat about 400 cals over what I wanted to eat for Fri/Sat/Sun. It's a journey…sometimes, you have to take baby steps & saying "NO" to take-out is major for me. Now, I just need to back it up with eating less healthy stuff when I go. Saturday night, I ate out of pure boredom (yes, at work!), which in and of itself speaks VOLUMES on our unit. But, I was doing paperwork, and I despise sitting at a computer for 2-2.5 hrs doing paperwork!

Today, I was under in cals, which is ok. < 1200 cals. I came home from the MDs office and slept for 5 hours. I could have slept longer. I really don't like taking antibiotics (abx), but I knew before I went it was going to be bad, and it was. :cry: I feel as though I've missed my calling so many times in the professional realm, and this is yet another. People ask me all the time, "Why didn't you go to med school?" WHAT?? Are you kidding?? That would require to me to be here MORE than I already am--uhm NO thanks!

ItsMyTurn
12-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Krystal - Hope you feel better soon

ThinkinThin - Great job on the loss

Between TOM and the ham the other night that DH made... I am going nowhere near a scale for my "sneak peek" this week. Instead, I shall shove the water down my throat, try to keep up with all workouts, and keep the nose to the grind :) I was able to do the elliptical on the mid-section program for intervals (killer) and get through it yesterday, was quite proud of myself, and did strength training Sunday - so far staying on target

K9Owner
12-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Star: :hug: TOM is suck a jerk! Keep up the good work staying OP :)

I woke up with a massive headache. GREAT!
I was just thinking as I laid down last night, "I hope I wake up with a headache, so that I can begin my day feeling as bad as I do tonight!"

Goody's Cool Orange all around! :cheers:

Larry H
12-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Does anyone besides me have days when your diet cravings are like this YOUTUBE video? :rofl: It sure fits me.

So very funny :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=FrTbnczYAd4&feature=player_embedded

Larry

K9Owner
12-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Does anyone besides me have days when your diet cravings are like this YOUTUBE video? :rofl: It sure fits me.

So very funny :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=FrTbnczYAd4&feature=player_embedded

Larry

:rofl:

I REALLY needed this today!!!
Laughter is the BEST medicine for illness!!

ItsMyTurn
12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Krystal - I sure hope you feel better real soon :) Thank you so much for the encouragement!!! *hands her a lil something-something to take the edge off*. I have found some "liquid painkillers" to be better than any tylenol could be on occasion ;)

Larry - I sure wish I could view that video at work. Unfortunately they have the YouTube videos blocked.. bummer. Hope to get a chance to view it tonight though. If not, for sure in the morning.

After work, travel home, have nutritionist appointment via phone call almost immediately after walking in the door, do my son's injections, supper with the family, and hoping to fit in a strength training workout tonight too :) It's been a decent day at work, and got offered some much needed overtime for Monday and Jan 2nd... which means time and a half plus holiday pay - I am NOT turning that down! :)

forloveofself
12-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Krystal, Sorry you are not feeling better. Hope you can get some rest and your head and UTI will soon be better.

Larry, That was funny. It took a while to buffer, but was worth it. i kept thinking that pig was burning a lot of calories! :)

ItMyTurn glad you got the OT you wanted.

Hello anyone I miss this time 'round.

K9Owner
12-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Happy Evening to All!

And a BIG Thank You to all of you that have expressed concern over my health.
Tonight, I feel soooo much better! :yay:

The headache left about an hour after I took the Goody's and 2 more doses of ABX has left me feeling myself again.
But, wouldn't you know it, I don't care what type of party your having (in my case, a UTI/headache party), there is ALWAYS (usually) something that is going to disrupt even the BEST party.

Doorbell: Ding, Dong
Me: DON'T ANSWER THAT DOOR!
Doorbell: Too late, it's already barged in--UNINVITED-- and 3 days early!
Me: Hi TOM, {insert cheesy/fake grin} so glad you could join us! Pull up a seat--not that you have to be welcomed! Sit, stay a while! Did you bring me a water balloon gift for Christmas?? YES?? OH, REALLY! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE!!! :stress:

I WILL have a fabulous Christmas, despite all of these banana peels and potholes! I VOW to be merry and bright and show good will toward others as this same measure has been shown to me 10 fold throughout this year!

ItsMyTurn
12-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Ugh!!!! Krystal, sorry to hear of your visitor! Mine came 4 days early this month... and it ticked off DH cause it happened this past weekend when I was taking Monday off - before I got asked to do more OT he was all worried I would be a cranky-pants longer, LOL! Let's hope the water balloon ends up just being a whoopie-cushion and the air gets let out real soon :D :lol:

forlove - Thank you :) I actually ended up getting offered even more before leaving yesterday. I am going in early every day this week, working Saturday now too (I know it's Christmas Eve, but gotta do what I gotta do). I am pretty happy cause I know this OT won't last for long, so want to snag any opportunity I can for it :)

As for me - TOM still hanging around, but soon to be shown the door ;) Still have been able to fit in workouts, did strength last night... and now time to get ready for work. Oh! And my appt with nutritionist went well last night, she was super pleased :) Have a super day all!!!

Sum38
12-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Sorry that I have not done any personals....So much family drama :( -- I will be back with more posts:)

I lost another .5 pounds! 156 is my official weight.

I have stayed OP, each and every day. Also I have kept my walking schedule; 6 days out of 7. I usually walk 3 x 3.2 miles; 1x3.7 miles and 2x4.7 miles. My calorie burn has been over 2000 per week.

I will be back with personals later.

Have a fab day :)

alaskanlaughter
12-21-2011, 07:50 PM
im here, still home on christmas vacation...been spending time baking with the kids and getting various household things done...still been working out every day, scale read 202.8 this morning so hopefully that weight sticks around and doesnt bounce up...it really hasnt bounced up in a full week so i probably SHOULD change my ticker lol...202.8 is EXACTLY the lowest weight ive been in about 8 years...199 is the lowest weight ive seen in my entire adult life and that was about 8 years ago...so hopefully i'm getting there...i dont know what it will feel like to be thinner than that...ive never had a "thin" part of my life, always been heavy...

forloveofself
12-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm so happy for all of your victories; big and small.
Hoping all who are unwell will soon be better :hug:.
I went to the opticians today because I realized after talkng with a friend a couple of nights ago, that I had not had a contact lens exam since 2003! I wear my driving distance glasses only when I'm tired but generally I don't need them, though I do use reading glasses every day.
Anyway, I thought I might like to start wearing the contacts just for distance driving again, plus i could just wear my reading glasses with them in. Good news is, even after all this time, my 'script is the same!

I think at the after Christmas sales I'm going to shop for size 12 jeans, as the 14s are so loose, esp in the thighs, that they look silly:p besides falling off without a belt.
If there is a two for one sale, I may just get two pr. sz 10s too for incentive :) I have a pair of tattered size 10s from 20+ years ago, ( a special keepsake;))that's when there was no such thing as stretch jeans. They fit in the thighs, snugly, but I have about 4 inches or so to lose around my belly before I can button them. In a strech it may only take 2 or so inches more to lose before they can be buttoned.

I plan a weigh in on Saturday before the craziness of Sunday's Christmas dinner. A loss of just 1 lb would be a great motivator.
Staying on plan and will persevere. I hope I can do as well on Christmas Day as I did at Thanksgiving.

K9Owner
12-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi Friends
I am feeling better this evening. Thank you all once again for your concern for my health.
I have been crazy busy today. I like to give food gifts and do some great--healthy holiday baking the days before Christmas & this yr is no different.
The shops are seriously overcrowded, and I hate that, but tomorrow and Fri are bake days, with NO shopping!

SCHEDULE
Friday:: I have a dinner party
Sat:: I have to work
Sun:: Lunch at my in-laws, Dinner at my sis's. Games and parties at each.
I will be good and TIRED!
Mon:: My niece in nsg school turns 21 :woohoo:
Tues:: Party at the comedy club at the casino for the bday girl, late lunch at Paula Dean's Restaurant (her choice--go figure)
Wed::Work
Thur: Rest
Fri: MY BDAY :stress:
Sat:: NYE Party

WOW! So, guess who will NOT be online very much over the next couple of days??

Cals were OP today. Still, no workout. I won't be able to do a workout until Monday. I'm going to suck b/c it will have been so long, but I'm rocking it!!
Hope you all are well & enjoying the hustle/bustle!

IsabellaOlivia
12-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Merry Christmas and wishes for a healthier 2012 for us all.:D

Sum38
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Krystal I am glad you are feeling better! UTI's suck!!

Forloveofself; Doesn't it feel FAB to get new and SMALLER stuff?!! I can't wait to start shopping out of my WIC :D

Alaskan Congrats on your new low! 199 will be soon!

Hi Itsmyturn, Thinkingthin and Jo (OMG...almost in your 160's!!)

Larry Thank for the laugh :)

K9Owner
12-22-2011, 03:58 PM
I'll spare you all the most fabulous :censored: dessert I made for the dinner party tomorrow night. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow on my blog, providing I get the opportunity.

It's been a very productive day for me. I made some healthy peanut butter balls with honey & Honey Crunch Corn Flakes, some rolled in fresh coconut. I had a small one just to try it. They are great for gifts, but since I don't like pb straight like this, nor am I crazy about honey, it's perfect for me to make :lol:

I hope you all are well today. I am loving this Christmas. If it would snow, :snowglo: I would be SET!!

alaskanlaughter
12-23-2011, 01:25 AM
computer doesnt like 3fc tonight....worked out today, kept calories low, feeling a bit of pressure in my ear again, hope its not a returning infection, feel tired tonight, krystal i'll reach youi on fb to ask about jogging cuz of this slow website

K9Owner
12-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Good Morning everyone,
Sorry I was late with starting a new thread.
But, here is the link to the new one :)

Slow Dancing With a Stranger {4} A Holiday Dance (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/249038-slow-dancing-stranger-4-holiday-dance.html#post4145054)