Goal! - Time to call it...GOAL! (pics)

View Full Version : Time to call it...GOAL! (pics)

ChickieChicks
12-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Sigh..where to begin?

I was always petite and athletic growing up. Captain of the Cheerleading Squad, great at Track and Field. Easy-peasy. I gained some weight in college from eating junk, but that remedied itself over time and when I graduated I was a svelte 128 pounds. That's when I met my husband and although the best time of my life was about to begin, my body started going downhill.

After we were married, we tried to have children and I was diagnosed with PCOS. Infertility meds, bedrest and just plain eating too much led to massive weight gain before I delivered our 1st son. I didn't gain as much with #2, and although I wasn't tiny afterwards, I felt pretty good. When we moved to Virginia in 2009, my whole life was turned upside down. I HATED IT HERE. I felt like everything I loved and the things that defined me were left in South Carolina. I ate, and baked, and ate, and cooked....rinse/repeat...until I got up to 187 pounds at the beginning of this year. That is more than I weighed when I delivered my oldest.

Fast forward to May 2011 and with the help of super-motivater, KG, I got my butt to the YMCA and set out on my 100-Day Challenge of eating right and working out. I was losing weight like crazy and finding that my once-athletic body was starting to remember!!

As it always does with weight loss, it has tapered off, and although it would be "even" to get to 60 pounds, my body is done. Today I have officially reached my goal. I wanted to accomplish 3 things, and today all of them have been checked off my list. 1.) Weighing 133, my wedding weight. I've surpassed this by 5 pounds. 2.) Wearing size 4/6 clothing. Also surpassed. 3.) Reduce body fat%. Today I was measured at 19.5%. :-D

Thank you to ALL who have inspired me, helped me along the way with kind words, great tips and just a pick-me-up when I really needed it. I've been blessed with a husband who has been with me 100% and made my health the #1 priority in our house. My YMCA is like a second home, filled with instructors and friends who I can't wait to see each time I step through the doors.

I have not reached "perfection"...because it does not exist. I will always have stretchmarks and what I like to call "The Mommy Doughnut". LOL I didn't lose weight evenly across my whole body, although that would be wonderful! ;-) But I am happy with me. I can move and groove with the best of them now. I can out run my kids, wrestle with my beast of a German Shepherd and enjoy being the young, spunky chica that I feel like on the inside.

P.S. My plan in a nutshell was Calorie Counting, slowly adjusting back into working out, doing a wide variety of excercises and sticking to plan EVERY DAY. I've been slowly upping my calories over the past few months to maintenance level of 1800/day. And i now workout 3-4 times a week. This seems very reasonable to do for many years to come!

I posted some of these in the Mini-Goals, but here is my journey:

Me at my heaviest, winter 2010-2011:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/babyheckel/before7.jpg

About half-way there. Summer 2011
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/babyheckel/25.jpg

Really feelin' it, Fall 2011:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/babyheckel/after50.jpg

Being silly for a Halloween Zumba class. One of my fave new workouts!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/babyheckel/IMG_7019.jpg

Here are pics taken yesterday. I bought a bikini for the first time in my married life of 7 years. Those pants were all I've kept, and they used to be T-I-G-H-T. (And I just got done working out, so forgive the hair. LOL)

At goal...the quintessential weight-loss photo with big pants! LOL
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/babyheckel/IMG_7362.jpg

UPDATED March 2012:After a few more months of toning up and a long-awaited breast augmentation. Ready for summer and THE REST OF MY LIFE. :)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/babyheckel/bikiniEET-1.jpg

UPDATE: October 2012
I have been maintaining for almost one year and my weight has stayed within a five pound range. I continue to workout about 2-3 times per week, whenever my migraines allow. It was a very rough summer! I still count calories. My overall shape and definition have remained the same. Here is a picture from this month...excuse the angry, overly-focused expression! Lol

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/babyheckel/DSC00576.jpg

Thank you to all of the 3FC members who have given me guidance, laughs and support. Love you!

NEMom
12-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Wow! You look great! Congrats on your hard work and success!!!

Beck
12-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Congratulations! Wishing you continued success at maintenance.

djs06
12-09-2011, 09:38 AM
You look wonderful! Congrats!

thefrenchgirl
12-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Hot! Hot! Hot! Congratulations!

rachaelm
12-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I can't see pics at work, but YAY!!! Great job! You rock!

InsideMe
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM
WOW WOW WOW! Thank you for posting you look amazing!!!! :cheer:

ashkunc
12-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Thank you for sharing your story!! So Inspirational!! Congratulations...you look great and I like to hear that you didn't take any shortcuts, just hard work, working out, and watching your calories. Just curious--when you were losing weight, about how many calories were you eating a day and how often were you working out? Did you limit carbs/sugar or just rely mostly on calroie counting? I have about 40 lbs to lose and trying to find the best plan for me! Right now I am doing Wonderslim and eating a lean meal for dinner (meat & veggies). Any tips or things that worked best for you would be helpful to all of us!!

NoMoreKnit
12-09-2011, 10:45 AM
I can't see pics at work either but wanted to say Congrats! You must feel fabulous!!

lulubellebc
12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Wow, you must feel fantastic! What an accomplishment. Now you get to enjoy your new body you worked so hard for! Congrats :)

ruth135
12-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Congratulations! You look awesome!

Trinique125
12-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I wanna be you:( lol

you look amazing, sexy and FIT, congratulations, that's quite an achievement

molldoll
12-09-2011, 12:20 PM
You look incredible! Congrats! :)

1girlsjourney
12-09-2011, 03:19 PM
wow!! what a great story and amazing progress!! I HOPE to do the same!! Thanks for the inspiration and CONGRATS on a job well done!

1girlsjourney
12-09-2011, 03:22 PM
I forgot to mention that my weight gain started with infertility stuff too--several failed treatments including 2 failed IVFs, then bed rest during my one and only pregnancy.

redrose8988
12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
You look gorgeous! Way to be an inspiration to everyone here and to take charge of your life!

evilwomaniamshe
12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey CC, :)
Great job!
Welcome to maintenance-land! :)

deblosingit
12-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Congratulations! You did it!! You should be so proud of yourself! Enjoy!!

ChickieChicks
12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I forgot to mention that my weight gain started with infertility stuff too--several failed treatments including 2 failed IVFs, then bed rest during my one and only pregnancy.

Those hormones are awful! I am incredibly thankful for my 2 babies, but they just wreak havoc on you. :hug:

ChickieChicks
12-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Thank you for sharing your story!! So Inspirational!! Congratulations...you look great and I like to hear that you didn't take any shortcuts, just hard work, working out, and watching your calories. Just curious--when you were losing weight, about how many calories were you eating a day and how often were you working out? Did you limit carbs/sugar or just rely mostly on calroie counting? I have about 40 lbs to lose and trying to find the best plan for me! Right now I am doing Wonderslim and eating a lean meal for dinner (meat & veggies). Any tips or things that worked best for you would be helpful to all of us!!

I limited fat and just generally avoided sugary foods, b/c I have a huge sensitivity to foods always tasting overly-sweet. I joined my YMCA and they have an online site where you can track your calories, track workouts, etc. Very similar to other calorie counters 3FC members use. I liked this one, b/c after I put my foods in for the day, it told me my breakdown of fat/carbs/protein. I aimed for 20% fat, 30% protein and 50% carbs. I didn't hit it exactly everyday, but I was pretty close.

In the beginning I worked out 4-6 times a week, usually for 20-30 minutes. I was badly out of shape and I knew from previous attempts that being too gung-ho in the beginning always hurt me in the end. After the first month or so, I could feel myself getting stronger, so I would walk longer, add inclines, tried cardio classes, etc. I found that I love to go for long bike rides in my neighborhood, especially in nice weather. Very peaceful.

It was interesting, and simultaneously confusing, to see that as the months went on, I required more calories and could sustain less workouts. My body was using up it's fat stores. So now I eat approx. 1800/day to MAINTAIN, and although I work-out 3-4 times a week, each of those is usually very high impact and hardcore. I really bust it out, and now I am at the point where I find myself disappointed if my cardio class wasn't insane.

YOU CAN DO THIS! Find support. Real support, not just kind words. Whether it is a workout buddy, supportive family, etc. You are probably going to want to quit. We all do. I can't tell you how many times my hubby just sat patiently and listened to me moan about how much it sucks, yadda, yadda. I would vent and then get right back to it. :hug:

nads84
12-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Great work little miss! ...its almost scary, but our bodies are virtually identical! Congrats!! Enter the fun that is maintenance :)

ThinkinThin5
12-09-2011, 06:23 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! Congratulations! You should be SO proud of yourself for your accomplishment. I do not know what a Mommy Doughnut is, but I sure didn't see one in your photos. :) You look healthy, toned, and happy.

You're an inspiration!

Nazza000
12-09-2011, 06:39 PM
:cheer: Congrats! You're truly an inspiration, your kids will be proud of their mum :)

loose seal
12-09-2011, 07:07 PM
WOW!!! You look uber fantastic! Congratulations on achieving your goal and thank you for posting your pics. Can't tell you how much inspiration they give me (and I'm sure others). I was concerned that I"d start munching tonight . . . if I start to feel that urge I'm going to remember your pics and stay strong. WTG!

alliesarang
12-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Amazing!! You look fantastic! Really a great example of setting your mind to something and accomplishing it. I like the idea of the 100 day challenge, I might steal it. :)

Chubby Momma
12-10-2011, 01:19 AM
WOW!! Congrats on your amazing success! You look wonderful. Your story is great motivation. :D

free1
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
OMG....You look absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I am speechless. This was so inspiring. Congrats on the hard work...Big KUDOS...you really deserve it.

PrairieGirl
12-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Great job! You look fit and super happy!

Ladybug10
12-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! I absolutely love your bikini. Where did you get it? You make me want to try Zumba. I have it offered at my gym but I never get around to trying it.

RRB2
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM
You look incredible! LOL on the mama doughnut, but I've met women who successfully got rid of it over the years. Good Luck!

ChickieChicks
12-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! I absolutely love your bikini. Where did you get it? You make me want to try Zumba. I have it offered at my gym but I never get around to trying it.

Try Zumba...give it a few classes to catch on. You might just love it. :)

My bathing suit is from Victoria's Secret. Their suits are very well made, IMO.

ChickieChicks
12-10-2011, 04:12 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! Congratulations! You should be SO proud of yourself for your accomplishment. I do not know what a Mommy Doughnut is, but I sure didn't see one in your photos. :) You look healthy, toned, and happy.

You're an inspiration!

Thanks and LOL. I call a "MOmmy Doughnut" the circle around my belly button. It is this perfectly round fat deposit that will not go away,no matter how much weight I lose. But I'm learning to love it anyway. :D

GettinFit
12-10-2011, 07:15 PM
WOW Congratulations on a job well done! You look amazing.

twish
12-10-2011, 09:18 PM
One thing that I see in all of your before/after pics is a naturally beautiful glow shining through. Congratulations on reaching your goal. You are a inspiration!

Onedaysmaller
12-11-2011, 02:04 AM
You look so wonderful!! Congratulations!! :)

redlight
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
You look awesome and are rocking the bikini. You look a little like Penny from The Big Bang Theory.

blomma
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Congrats you did an awesome job!

aka8941
12-11-2011, 03:05 PM
You did it, you did it, you did it!!!!!!!!!

grasshopper
12-11-2011, 05:54 PM
You have done an awesome job!!

rainydays
12-12-2011, 02:32 AM
You look fantastic! Awesome job!

jessica2231
12-12-2011, 09:41 AM
wow your such an inspiration!!!

omgzitsmiranda
12-12-2011, 09:52 AM
You look amazing! You go girl!

sontaikle
12-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Congrats!!! You look amazing! :D

Lol and don't feel bad about your stomach. Yours looks better than mine and I haven't even had any kids!

ChickieChicks
12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Congrats!!! You look amazing! :D

Lol and don't feel bad about your stomach. Yours looks better than mine and I haven't even had any kids!

LOL It's all about the camera angle...congrats to you as well. I just love reading your posts. :D

KatieC87
12-13-2011, 12:12 AM
You are one HOT MAMA! Way to go! 19.5% body fat is AMAZING!

MiVidaLoca23
12-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Congrats! You look fabulous!

LisaTcan
12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
You look so hot!!!! Congrats!!

racrane
12-13-2011, 11:06 AM
I love your story. Thank you so much. You look amazing but I'm so glad you're happier too!

DietDawn
12-25-2011, 05:47 PM
you look amazing, congratulations, thanks, this has really inspired me xx

jendiet
12-25-2011, 11:52 PM
you have been through so much. I wish you much success and an easier time to get pregnant.

sarcruze
12-26-2011, 05:55 AM
U look amazing!! Awesome job

missunshine
12-26-2011, 11:30 AM
woow you look awesomly amazing ...and totally jealous of your stomach...mine is covered with strechmarks and i don't even have kids...i'm scared to even think how it will be after i have them :/

enyoj your new figure ;)

tdiprincess
12-26-2011, 05:40 PM
That is really awesome work!! Beautiful pics and bikini!! :carrot:

Squirrel11
12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
:?:

I live in Pennsylvania and I purchased the pink method three weeks ago. I'm struggling with how to get started. Everytime I start to read the book I cry. I'm vegetarian and when I Saw this on dr. Phil they said it was great for any special eating needs. Is there anyone that can help me? I really want to do this but cant get going.

JM14534
12-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Congratulations! How inspirational! Awesome job!!!! The pics really show the story. Your smile is contagious! You look so happy now. Great job!

ChickieChicks
12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
woow you look awesomly amazing ...and totally jealous of your stomach...mine is covered with strechmarks and i don't even have kids...i'm scared to even think how it will be after i have them :/

enyoj your new figure ;)

Thanks! You can't really see them in my pics, but my legs from my hips down to my calves are covered in stretchmrks. They have faded over the past 4 years, but there isn't a centimeter that isn't affected.

I find that using a tanning lotion, like jergen's daily, really helps. It isn't bad for your skin, and just that hint of pigment helps to blend everything together.

GOOD LUCK! :hug:

Turtle Mommy
12-29-2011, 07:14 PM
You look awesome!

Ready2BThinna
12-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Fab-U-lous!!!
You look terrific and the picture of loving life.
:carrot:

40lbsPLEASE
01-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Absolutely stunning! You must be so proud of you... and you look so happy! You're an inspiration for sure!

P.S. What part of VA are you from? Just curious =)

Keep up the good work!!

Aluli
01-03-2012, 04:06 AM
Congrats! You look so happy and pretty!

Ciao
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
wow! huge congrats!

BellaM
01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
You look great!!!

dani13
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
You look absolutely gorgeous!

I was wondering whether you focused on weight training or on fast-paced cardio workouts.

For example, I love running and spinning, and I tend to do more cardio than weights. I like weight training, as well, but I still tend to focus on cardio. I am working on my last 10 pounds and I am not sure whether I should take it easier with my cardio and focus on weight training instead.

Oh, another question: did you do a lot of strength training, as well? Have you followed any specific program/ guidelines?

Thanks and congratulations on your amazing achievement!

roxybabay
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Wow, you look smokin!!! Awesome achievment!!

Staceyh2012
01-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Wow! Well done xxxx

Em123
02-09-2012, 06:57 PM
You look amazing! :O

SamanthaJubilee
02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Inspirational

xJox
02-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Absolutely amazing. You look fantastic!!

TiffNeedsChange
02-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Where is the mommy donut? All I see is beautiful!! How wonderful :D

armywifey83
02-15-2012, 10:32 AM
You look phenomenal! What an inspiration!

imperialistic
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Wow, you are one hawt mama! I had the same problems with the PCOS.
The bikini shot is great! You should add a photo from high school if you have one.

ChickieChicks
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
You look absolutely gorgeous!

I was wondering whether you focused on weight training or on fast-paced cardio workouts.

For example, I love running and spinning, and I tend to do more cardio than weights. I like weight training, as well, but I still tend to focus on cardio. I am working on my last 10 pounds and I am not sure whether I should take it easier with my cardio and focus on weight training instead.

Oh, another question: did you do a lot of strength training, as well? Have you followed any specific program/ guidelines?

Thanks and congratulations on your amazing achievement!

Sorry..I just saw ths now! We were so sick in January!

I love Zumba and make myself run, even though that is not my favorite. Zumba was just the ultimate workout for me. It is super high cardio for an hour, yet I was toning at the same time. I noticed that the more I focused on the moves, I could feel how having my arms raised really helped my shoulders, or that the salsa moves worked my booty. LOL I am lucky to have an incredibly talented instructor who was a former choreographer, so her workouts are fun and yet very specifically designed to tone and hit all the muscle groups. MOst Zumba is not like that.

I did weight circuits for the first couple months of working out, but for whatever reason, my body seemed to get muscular very quickly on mostly cardio. I do the occasional calisthenic workout...push-ups, etc, but not a lot. I didn't have any specific program...just trying to switch up my cardio and eat right!

ChickieChicks
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Where is the mommy donut? All I see is beautiful!! How wonderful :D

Thank you! The "mommy doughnut" has actually gotten better since I first reached my goal. It is that last stubborn area, but I think areas just take TIME. :dizzy:

PrincessSophia
02-16-2012, 04:39 PM
you look awesome. congratulations!!!

tessendicott
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
I am a straight, but DAMN you're hot.
LOVE the zumba instructor Halloween costume, such a great idea.

lcard
02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
WTG, so awesome!!!

donna1979
02-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Whoa you look aamazzing!

bg124
02-20-2012, 10:12 AM
You look marvelous! Great job!

caramelkitty
02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Ughh!!! What an amazing inspirational post!! You look ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! GREAT JOB!!

bargoo
02-23-2012, 10:17 AM
You look great ! Congratulations !

ChickieChicks
03-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Thank you! I recently took a big leap and got cosmetic surgery to fix the one area that really suffered from the weight gain/loss...my breasts. My tummy is slowly tightening up, as much as my post-baby body can!

New pictures in 1st post!

chickadee32
03-13-2012, 03:14 AM
You were beautiful before, and are just stunning now! Congratulations!! And if you don't mind me asking... how has it been recovering from the surgery? It will be a while, but I may consider have it on my legs at some point as they are really in bad shape with the excess skin.

lovemydoggiesx2
03-13-2012, 04:39 AM
You are super hot, and your new boobs are fab! Great job!

Anastasia77
03-13-2012, 08:57 AM
You are a very sexy lady!!!! So inspiring!!!
Cosmetic surgery on my boobs is something I consider doing after reaching my goal. Tell us more details.

LindsB
03-13-2012, 09:03 AM
You look absolutely amazing!

bellydance
03-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Wow this is so inspiring!! I love that bathing suit! Congrats! I can't wait to get there!

sensualappeal
03-13-2012, 03:57 PM
WOW! You are one hot momma! :)

Congrats!!!

bsbgirl86
03-14-2012, 01:03 AM
OMG!! So amazing!!

Congratulations!!

You look amazing! Gorgeous :D You're a true inspiration. I can't imagine ever getting to that point

FatToFitWife
03-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Omg amazing!! You're beautiful:-)

My breasts are definitely something I'd like done once I lose the weight & have babies. :)

ChickieChicks
03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
You are a very sexy lady!!!! So inspiring!!!
Cosmetic surgery on my boobs is something I consider doing after reaching my goal. Tell us more details.

I have to giggle a bit, b/c I feel like we let it all hang out here on 3FC, so here's the nitty-gritty. ;)

I used to be a C up, up to a D cup for awhile during breastfeeding and at the height of my weight gain. I knew I would lose some volume as I lost weight, but it was starting to become traumatic. I went back down to a C. No prob. A month later I was a full B. Two months later a small B. By the time I had my surgery (9 months into my weight loss), I was wearing a 34B and barely filled half of it up. I had spent so much money everytime I went down a size, b/c I never, ever thought I could possibly get smaller. But I did. I wore my bras way too big for about 8 weeks, b/c I knew I was getting surgery and didn't want to waste any more money. But I went in to get measured the day before my surgery and I was a 32A.

For me, it wouldn't be upsetting being an A cup, if they were well-shaped, etc. But the only reason they were even an A, was from all the skin that USED to be a D. :o So sad...and floppy. LOL Thankfully I didn't need a lift, b/c that is more invasive surgery.

My doctor and I talked extensively about what size would suit my body, since I am naturally very curvacious, even when weighing very little. He told me I would probably be a D afterwards, and right now I am about a DD, but they are still swollen. I got 450cc on each side, which is quite a bit, but since I had literally no breast tissue, it filled the skin back up. My friend is having hers done next month and she is getting 320cc put in, but will probably be my size in the end, b/c she still has some volume to her breasts.

The surgery was pretty awful. I can't lie. My doctor goes in through the armpit, and I had silicone "gummy bear" implants put in under the muscle. It's silly to say, but they feel great. Very natural and squishy. LOLOL The recovery was much crazier than I had anticipated. I couldn't feed myself for a couple of days or really move, mostly b/c of not being able to use my arms. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I am still sore constantly and can't raise my arms 100% above my head. My incision sites still hurt the most, but they are healing well and I didn't have any complications.

I was very upset at first and wondering why on earth I did this to myself! Mostly b/c the recovery was just so awful and I can't stand sitting still. But everyday it gets better and I finally bought new bras and summer shirts. I'm very happy with my decision. :)

bsbgirl86
03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Had another question for you.. did you ever struggle with plateaus? If so, did you do anything to break it/them or did it just break on its own?

ChickieChicks
03-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Had another question for you.. did you ever struggle with plateaus? If so, did you do anything to break it/them or did it just break on its own?

Hi! I didn't have long plateaus. Some on 3FC say that you have to stalls for 1-2 months for it to really be a "plateau", so that never happened to me.

However, I don't go off plan. For the first 3 months I stayed 100% on plan with healthy foods. After that I would have a treat now and then, but still work it into my calorie allotment for the day.

I would stay the same weight towards the end, and only have a "woosh" right after my period. Every month it happened that way.

Elizabetti
03-16-2012, 04:37 PM
You look amazing! Congratulations on sticking with your plan every day, that's my biggest obstacle right now... What an inspiration!

lyv33
03-17-2012, 09:31 PM
You look fabulous! Where did you have your breast augmentation done? Also, what exercises did you do to tone your arms? I am having a really hard time toning my arms. Sorry for all the questions!

ubskinnyagain75
03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
These goal pictures are amazing. Congratulations and you have such a fantastic body!!! So inspiring to us overweight folks.

bnorris10
03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
congratulations

ChickieChicks
03-22-2012, 05:33 PM
You look fabulous! Where did you have your breast augmentation done? Also, what exercises did you do to tone your arms? I am having a really hard time toning my arms. Sorry for all the questions!

Hi! I have to say the arm thing was really weird for me. I didn't do very much to specifically work on them. I did a bit of light weight training, but it was really random and not very much. I lost a lot of my weight from my top half, so my arms just kept getting skinnier and skinnier. So I think I look more toned than I really am. Also, Zumba! That class really does help tone!

hhm6
03-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Wow!!! Did you do any exercises for your stomach?? I feel like I never lose weight in that region! Did you just limit calories and exercise?

You look fantastic!! Great job!!

ChickieChicks
03-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Wow!!! Did you do any exercises for your stomach?? I feel like I never lose weight in that region! Did you just limit calories and exercise?

You look fantastic!! Great job!!

Thank you so much!

As for my stomach, I've always focused on a low-fat diet, and tried to incorporate ab work into every workout. Even if it was just clenching my muscles during a walk on the treadmill, or do sit-ups, etc, before my cool-downs. Again, I attribute any toning to Zumba, as I definately use every muscle group during a routine! :carrot:

jajomo0118
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
You are such an inspiration!! Your body is fantastic!! I did Zumba for the last 10 months and recently took a break and started at the gym as I was on a 3 month plateau ...but with your results I am rethinking that choice :) CONGRATS again!!

ElizabethLC
03-28-2012, 12:09 PM
You look so great!! I hope you have the most amazing summer.. you are going to be turning heads at the beach fo sho!!!

Earth Goddess
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Thank you for sharing, I think you looked the best in your Halloween get up, very sexy ;-)

lyv33
04-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Thank you so much!

As for my stomach, I've always focused on a low-fat diet, and tried to incorporate ab work into every workout. Even if it was just clenching my muscles during a walk on the treadmill, or do sit-ups, etc, before my cool-downs. Again, I attribute any toning to Zumba, as I definately use every muscle group during a routine! :carrot:

Do you find it hard to change the way you think from "I have to lose weight" to "I have to maintain now"? I think that once we get to the maintenance phase that not having the high or the rush from losing the weight can of bring us down a little.

FattyFatFat
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
wow, niiiice!

ChickieChicks
04-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Do you find it hard to change the way you think from "I have to lose weight" to "I have to maintain now"? I think that once we get to the maintenance phase that not having the high or the rush from losing the weight can of bring us down a little.

YES!!!

Seeing the same number range (maintenance) is definately not as "exciting" as losing the weight and seeing the number on the scale keep going down.

But a new challenge for me is to see how much I can eat (healthy), and still maintain. So that is a new number game, if you will. It makes me feel great knowing I've turned my body into a calorie-burning furnace, and I don't have to live off of 1200 calories for eternity.

icandothis2
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Great Job you look awesome...

kimmy125
04-25-2012, 09:17 AM
You look great! Congrats on all your success!

FattyFatFat
05-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Wow, I'm loving this new you!!!

i33BabyGirl33i
05-05-2012, 05:25 PM
ChickieChicks you loo beautiful :)

ChickieChicks
05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
A million thanks!

I updated my first post with a new picture in my bikini. Shows a smidge more definiton in my tummy, which is the Final Frontier for me! LOL

And I'm starting train for more races, hopefully a half marathon!

krystalb
05-23-2012, 10:54 PM
You look awesome!

i33BabyGirl33i
05-24-2012, 04:09 PM
:carrot:Wow such a great story thanks for sharing

uniquelyme330
06-16-2012, 01:44 AM
OH MY GOODNESS! You look incredibly beautiful and SO happy! CONGRATS! Enjoy the life that you have worked so hard for! And thanks so much for sharing and supporting!

FatJayne
06-17-2012, 01:32 PM
What an accomplishment :) You look amazing!

ChickieChicks
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Thank you!

One year into it, I'm seeing more and more how it is a never ending process. :-)

chickadee2
06-17-2012, 05:38 PM
amazing pics - thank you soooo much for sharing your story and I love how you wrote that perfection does not exist. You did a fantastic job, very very encouraging and inspiring. Thank you!!!

missjkd
07-11-2012, 01:01 PM
You look amazing! My stats are similar to yours except I started out at 219.
I am now 176 and my goal is 119, so to see what you look like in a bikini really gives me motivation.

Judy Lynn
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Congratulations! Awesome job!

walktheroad
07-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Wow! What a success. You look beautiful!

mommy2two07
08-11-2012, 12:45 AM
You look great ! Your hard work has paid off.

roxybabay
11-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Wow, u look great! Awesome work :)

GeraldineHearne
11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
This is such an incredible result. See these sorts of transformations is very inspiring for all of us!

Congratulations!

G

Borgie
11-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Amazing job!!!

runalix
12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Congratulations!!!

Mozzy
12-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats!!!!

ChickieChicks
12-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Thank you!

This week marks my one-year Anniversary of Maintenance.

We can do this!!!

LiLLy19
01-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Wow you look AMAZING! Congratulations on the loss

pinkflakes
01-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Great job :) :carrot::carrot:

newmommy5112
02-13-2013, 08:43 PM
wow you look wonderful. i was not fortunate enough to be thin my whole life, but i had a huge loss before i ended up pregnant (maybe why i did? lol) i have been single since he was told i was pregnant so it's been very difficult, and well, i tend to eat my emotions, i gained probably about eighty lbs with my daughter. she will be one may 1 and i'm dying to lose weight. so i wanted to tell you, you look unbelievable!

ChickieChicks
02-14-2013, 03:06 PM
wow you look wonderful. i was not fortunate enough to be thin my whole life, but i had a huge loss before i ended up pregnant (maybe why i did? lol) i have been single since he was told i was pregnant so it's been very difficult, and well, i tend to eat my emotions, i gained probably about eighty lbs with my daughter. she will be one may 1 and i'm dying to lose weight. so i wanted to tell you, you look unbelievable!

Thank you soooooo much!

427pounder
02-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Congrats. You look great.

beth4365
02-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Congratulations to you - you look stunning and I am so grateful you shared your story.

Thank you for sharing yourself and your story here with us.

Best wishes on your continued journey!

ForeverVivid
03-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Amazing! You look fantastic. :)

ReillyJ
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
i would LOVE to have a body like that and i have no children! enjoy enjoy!!!! :D

chubbiegurl
03-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Wow u look great. U really don't look at all like u were ever over weight because I don't see any signs like loose skin. I can't believe how tone u are. I am hoping to one day have similar results in my thighs and stomach. My arms actually look like yours n that they r tone, but mine r from my weight set.
I think my breast r all lose skin now too, surprisingly I still wear a 32f but they are so messed up from losing so much size. I didn't think I would get smaller cause they were big when I was thin before. Wish I could have a boob job.
Well u really look fantastic the fact that u r maintaining for this long gives me so much motivation and hope.

Jessica Committed
03-31-2013, 07:21 PM
You look incredible! So inspiring!

ChickieChicks
03-31-2013, 07:37 PM
Wow u look great. U really don't look at all like u were ever over weight because I don't see any signs like loose skin. I can't believe how tone u are. I am hoping to one day have similar results in my thighs and stomach. My arms actually look like yours n that they r tone, but mine r from my weight set.
I think my breast r all lose skin now too, surprisingly I still wear a 32f but they are so messed up from losing so much size. I didn't think I would get smaller cause they were big when I was thin before. Wish I could have a boob job.
Well u really look fantastic the fact that u r maintaining for this long gives me so much motivation and hope.

Thank you! I don't have much of an issue with loose skin so far. Stretchmarks, yes. You can do it!! :carrot:

PatLib
03-31-2013, 08:09 PM
You look great! Congrats!

135alive
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Wow! You totally have a runners body! Once I lose a chunk of weight I am going to start running again...I can't wait. You look fab and are inspirational!

2feelbetter
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
You look fantastic. I belong to the YMCA also it's a great place. Not fancy just the basics and I do a lot of water aerobics. People tend to forget about the Y but it's been around forever.

CrescentMoon
04-06-2013, 07:03 AM
You look amazing! It's inspiring

cjk221
05-04-2013, 09:14 PM
wow! congratulations, you look amazing!!

zionkoach
05-20-2013, 10:03 PM
okay... you have really inspired me... you're so toned!!! maybe there is hope for me after all

Wendyg311
09-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Thank you for posting your story and picts. Very inspiring

KellyBean88
11-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Thank you so much for the updates! It gives me hope. I am so happy for you! :)