South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday SBD Chat for 12/9

Time to wake up! Can you smell the coffee?

I have a lot I want to accomplish today and hope the day is long enough to fit it all in. First on the list is a trip to the grocery store for baking supplies, then I want to go to the mall for some shopping. I just have no idea what to get Jake so I'm hoping to get some inspiration. I promised Mom & Dad I'd stop by to have lunch with them, and then I"ll be baking cookies the rest of the afternoon. I think Monica and Carley may be coming out to spend the weekend, too, so I'd better make sure their rooms are ready.

First of all, though, I'm going to sit and enjoy my coffee, 3FC, and my tree and remember the reason for the season.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

What a nice morning greeting Cottage. Sounds like you have a busy, but exciting day planned. I had a great time at the holiday party last night. I did avoid all wheat (except for one bite of a bruschetta which I quickly decided was not worth it) but did have some potatoes au gratin (but they were so good). Otherwise I stuck with the sushi and plain meats and wine.

Today is my short day at work, and my boss will not be in this morning. I am considering taking my Christmas cards to work and just finishing them up today. I'm about halfway done, and they are hanging around staring me in the face. I just want to get them over with. After this week we are all done with any money we have to spend on Christmas gifts (I think) so it would be nice to tie up the Xmas cards too and just be able to sit back and enjoy the rest of the season.

After I pick up my son we've got laundry to do, which today will be a pain as our elevator is out. It means we have to enter the basement through a back way and actually leave the building and go around the block. Such a pain! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #3  

Good morning, Matilda. I took my cards to work with me this past Monday so I could finish them. It was a big relief to get them out of the way. That does sound like a real pain to do your laundry. I'd be tempted to just load it in the car and take it to a clean laundromat to get it all done at once. Have fun!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - sounds like a wonderful way to start the weekend! I actually have TOO many ideas for DH, and some are quite expensive. Good thing his 50th bday is next month. I have something B-I-G planned then!

Matilda - oooh, you reminded me of Christmas cards...I haven't even started! That would be a huge annoyance with the laundry. Hopefully the weather will be good?

I'm sipping my coffee (dumped the old stuff, it was nasty!) before the chaos begins. DD has her sleepover party tonight, which I'm so unprepared for. (I figured little kids really don't care, do they?) Work is full, I have a surgery to do that a grown man was crying to me yesterday (it's probably cancer), saying this dog was his only light, and he is going thru a bitter divorce (and a custody battle over the dog). Wow. And it's a great dog too. I hope his day ends well .

Off to get ready and clean...
Old 12-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Cottage, Harry had the same problem on his head and it was removed with no problem - the growth, not his head! Tell Jake to be brave.

Mathilda, I can't imagine going through all that to do laundry. I guess you just have to bite the bullet and do it though.

I think I've solved the escaping dog problem. What a relief to just open the door instead of putting Jazz on his lead! Why have an expensive fenced yard if you can't let your pooch run free?

Dinner with Liz and Moel was loads of fun last night. I see them a lot but usually with other people so it was nice to be one on one for a while - or is that one on two? I sent the leftovers home with them which Liz really appreciated.

Today is unplanned at the moment but I'm sure I'll find something to do to keep me from being bored.

TGIF!

ETA: Twynn, poor guy! At east there is a chance if you can operate. My Lucy had cancer in the nose that was inoperable.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #6  

Twynn, I hope the surgery goes well for the poor dog and his owner. Please let us know.

Ruth, LOL, I had to laugh at your comment about Harry. The surgery does sound relatively simple, but I just wish they'd get it over with right away. I hate the waiting! Looking for something to do today? Come on down and help me bake for the cookie exchange.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's another backwards day - desk work in the morning, driving DW and some shopping while she works this afternoon. She is just doing a 2 hour shift so I will get some holiday stuff taken care of. I just couldn't make myself shop in that cold rain Wed.

Cottage - I so wish we could get together for a baking day. For some reason I'm really in the mood to bake this year. Enjoy your busy day

Matilda - that does sound like a really frustrating way to do laundry. Too bad you don't have a pedometer, at least it would feel useful. Do you have a relaxing weekend planned?

Twynn- They probably aren't very interested in your plans, I'm sure they have their own ideas and none of them involve sleeping
hope the surgery is successful.

Ruth - Hooray for finding the escape route! Bet Disney is happy to be free again too.
I recommend some time with a cup of tea and a good book. It's nice to schedule that in once in awhile

I'm still sticking to my goal to get most of the planning stuff for the next two conferences done by this afternoon. So far it looks good, except for one presenter (of course!) who can't get me his description until Monday. I can leave a blank box to slide that into, so not much of a hold-up.

Oops, just remembered the washer beeped a few minutes ago. Need to get that laundry out and hung or it's going to need to be ironed (and DW does not iron so guess who gets that task?!). Happy Friday Beachers! I'm counting down to a glass of wine after the day's chores are done.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm baaaaack! And had a great time. Off to the gym early with my mom today. Then - errands. Lots of errands. Number one is restocking food! (Yes, hubby seems to have supplied us with chips and candy in my absence.) My BIL arrives later today to stay for the weekend; there is an 80th bday party for a family member tomorrow.

I did not even have a chance to read the daily thread while I was gone so if I missed any big news please, someone, fill me in!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I woke early but DH was in the mood to help with one of the treats we put in our boxes we mail out. Now he's had enough and is back in his shop-oops now he's back. drat. I'm hoping to get a few boxes in the mail today....and have fun doing it.

Linda, thanks for getting us started and I hope you get lots accomplished today!

Matilda, great job avoiding the wheat at the party last night! Ouch for your elevator being out-it does sound like a pain!

Twynn, have fun tonight with the kiddos! It sounds like you won't get much sleep! I always wish you an uneventful day at work because days such as these are so difficult.

Ruth, great that you sent the leftovers home. A nice gesture and you don't have them.

Cyndi, happy Friday countdown! I'm sure you already have a nice wine picked out!

Karen, welcome back! that you're well stocked with candy and chips. My DH doesn't even buy that.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, chicks. I'm working to tie up all the work loose ends from the week. Got my Hot & Sour soup in the crock pot - it smells good already! I'll add my review to Linda's later. Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Linda, Hope it is something minor for Jake- I know my MIL has had a few spots removed and there were nothing serious

Matilda, that sounds like an awful way to get laundry done hopefully you will get done quickly.

Twynn, tonight should be a hectic and fun time for you. I have not been brave enough to allow DD2 to have friends over for sleepovers yet. Her BFF will not spend the night so DD2 has to go to her house if they do a sleepover

Ruth, your too funny.

Cyndi, have a great day

Karen, glad you had a good time

Debbie- have fun packing your boxes

Schmoodle- Good luck finishing up loose ends.

Last night DD2 had her Christmas play at school, it was good and she did amazing speaking her part you could hear her crystal clear Today is finishing up items that have been waiting to be looked at work. Tomorrow is hectic day of running DD2 around first to see Santa at my work and then a dance clinic at the High school and then whatever DH wants if he is up to it. One side of his face is now black and blue to add to the swelling on the one side- hopefully it should be going back down in a couple of days.

Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread