Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5"8

Default I'm unhealthy, I'm unhappy, and I'm done with it.

So everyone, I'm finally making the jump. From being painfully shy and quiet about my insecurities to finally getting the support I need, that is. My name is Briar. I'm fifteen years old, standing at height of 5''8 and weighing approximately 170 lbs. My heaviest was at 180-190 lbs, about a year ago when I first began highschool. Sad to say, I've always known I was too big for my age group, even with my height, and that it's only now I'm deciding to do something about it.

According to my BMI of 25.8, I am exactly 5.5 lbs overweight. My goal, however, is to reach anywhere between 130-140 lbs, putting myself at an approximate BMI of 20. So, to do it, I'll be starting a diet and excercise regimen, consisting mostly of me cutting away all my 'bad sugars', replacing my teas and coffees with water, stopping my binge-snacking and watching my calories. I'll also be starting a basic strength and cardio workout for about 30-45 minutes a day, plus a 20 minute walk to and from school. If I can do this for 12 weeks, I think I'll reward myself by buying the p90x set.

I'll be 'weighing in' with measurements for the next twelve weeks, since my mother refuses to keep a scale in our home, and for one reason: being overweight runs in the family. Both my grandmother and mother are suffering of diabetes, and both are overweight, and as much as I love them, I'm terrified of ending up like them. I don't want to be told my doctors that I have a problem, or that I need serious help. I don't, which is why I'm here, changing this now. I know the path I'm on, and I'm afraid of it.

I've tried for almost a straight year now to stay motivated by myself, but I can't do it - I need to stop being quiet and get support, and I need help keeping this mindset, which brings me to this place. I've looked around and it seems to work for so many of you that I have to say, I'm excited about this scary new idea of mine. Hopefully, I'll find the same success that many of you have.

Now that that's done - wow. What a big block of text! Oops!
ModestVanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! You are wise to do it now, it only gets harder as you get older.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #3  
Healthy and Happy

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/100

Height: 5'2.25

Welcome to 3FC. There is great support here. Its good that you want to change.
GymRat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/192/140

Height: 5'5

Hey Vanity! Sounds like you've got a good plan going..can't wait to hear/see your progress.
Miss LunaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5"8

@bargoo - Thank you! Yeah, I'm really aware of that and I'm doing my best to change it while I can still do it, without the stress of real life also throwing me around. If I can't control stress-related binge eating with only school work on my mind, I have no idea how I would control it with REAL work. Haha, you guys are super heroes.

@GymRat18 - Thanks so much. =D It's great to hear that!

@Miss LunaStar - Ha, I sure hope so! I think I've spent more time doing research on all of this than actually doing anything about it. I hope I can put all that time to good use and actually do it. I'll be sure to add photos and progress reports soon! =)
ModestVanity is offline   Reply With Quote