Goal! - Reached Goal, But Still Hoping to Lose More

OnceUponADrive
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
I lost 29 pounds on Weight Watchers since May. I was amazed how well the program worked. I have tried so many things from fad diets to exercising twice a day, every day and nothing made the scale budge. I thought I was doomed. I thought my body had settled in at that weight and there was nothing I could do about it. I only joined WW because they offer it at my work and we can get reimbursed through our health insurance. So I figured, ultimately it's free, why not give it a shot. Mostly I joined to meet people at work since I was new. The pounds just fell off. I've never been happier. I've never been a single digit size and I went from a 12/14 to a 6/8. Strangely, sometimes I look at myself and still feel like the same old overweight me. Other times, I feel slim and athletic. My body is not completely where I want to be. I still feel a little lumpy in places and my ultimate goal is to wear a bikini for the first time ever this upcoming summer (and to look GOOD in it). I have fallen off the wagon a bit since reaching goal. I guess it's that feeling that "now that I'm skinny I can eat what I want." A couple weeks of not tracking and being lazy has kicked me back into gear, though. Luckily I didn't gain back more than a pound or two and am getting back on track this week. Still, it's very exciting to be part of this world where I can actually buy clothes I like and fit in them! :carrot: I hope everyone here gets to feel this way someday!!

Jade235
12-08-2011, 02:04 AM
:bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp: :high: :cheer:

So excited for you Once! You are a great inspiration! Great job on your weight loss and for having more goals to attain but to have a good outlook on where you are.

Nazza000
12-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Hey congrats!
:cheer:
I'm so happy for you and don't worry, we've aaaaaalllll been there :) Once you lose heaps of weight you have to feel a bit entitled to let lose, just be happy you reigned yourself in, some people can't *cough* me *cough*
Anyway, It's only a short race from here and I have no doubt you'll reach your goal and then some :)

NoMoreKnit
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Congrats and good luck in maintenance!

NEMom
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Congrats on meeting your goal! Bet your gonna rock that bikini this summer! I too have meet my personal goal but have decided to try for 10 more pounds gone, its not leaving very fast though.
Best of luck to you!

BellaLucia
12-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for sharing ur story!

miniDoodles
12-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I have a question...what is?... ONEderland I've seen that name on several threads. TY

free1
12-08-2011, 08:25 PM
CONGRATS...

MiniDoodle....I believe that's what we call weighing anywhere in the 100s. I'm one of the ones praying for ONEderland.

RRB2
12-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Congrats! I think that maintaining weight loss is as hard as loosing the weight - it's a mindset you have to fall into.
Good luck on continuing your journey!

miniDoodles
12-08-2011, 08:51 PM
free1 :hug: TY that makes lots of sence w the comments I've read. Hey u will get there soon unless u r like me. It took me a year to go from 174# to 150# because I yo-yo thanks to my careless eating w my family :( I gave-in & ate w them & friends. My TOPS club gave me the support & :dust: to put myself #2, instead of being last, my genuine happiness & self-esteem r back. Contact me if u need more support, maybe I can share what I learned :exercise::chef:
3FC is fantastic :yay::yay::yay:
After maintaining my KOPS goal for over 2 yr, I'm lowering it to my original goal 141# now that I haven't gained the lumpy fat back. I wear a size 10 jeans & 12-14 top & hope w getting down to 141# my top will be a size 10-12 also.
RRB2 :hug: my daughter inlaw has her 4th babe also, will b 1 yr this month & she just got back into her size 8-10, she gained + 30# w him. Your bod will return...patience & counting calories/portion control + walking 1-2 miles daily & chasing the babes, LOL!

Merry Christmas Everyone! :tree::hohoho::rudolph::snowglo:

GymRat18
12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss. My goal is also to fit into a bikini but I have a ways to go :dizzy:

Nazza000
12-09-2011, 07:40 PM
:cheer: Yayy!!! Good for you ;)