WW Clubs and Groups - #271 Bale of Turtles Heading for the Goal!

Itryharder
12-06-2011, 09:54 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keeping on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryhardr
(for Lin and Lauren)

bandit2
12-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Morning, everyone

Judy - thanks for starting a new thread.

Taylor - glad you like the Zumba, I find it a really good workout & was surprised how much it made us all sweat. Our class was 55 min & you really felt like you did lots by the end. My final class of the 12 week course is tomorrow then I think I will give it a rest and not join anything other than walking centre til the new year.

Judy - hope your leg is better. You are doing great and I know you will make goal next year.

Princess - glad you are back working, even though it is busy.

All - hope everyone is getting organized for the holidays and doing their best with all the challenges it brings.

My tree is up which makes me feel good. Company dinner tonight which is a few hours of eating & drinking. Plan is to stay away from the bread & limit
cocktails. But it is fancy food & lots of it.

Have a great Tuesday!

life4evr
12-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone just dropping in. I have been running around trying to get everything straightened out for classes in January. My eathing has been horrible. Let just say I have learned not to eat too much chocolate. I am just trying to get back into the swing of actually tracking and paying attention to what I am eating.

Taylor I loved Zumba I am seriously considering getting my gym membership back for that class.

Thats it hopes everyone has a good day. Off to cook something before I go to work tonight.

Itryharder
12-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, hope you enjoyed your company party. :chef:

Life4vr, I'm so happy for you that you'll be back in school for the new semester. Good for you. :idea:

I've had a pretty decent day. that always makes me feel good. Having a lunch for a small group of my WW buddies tomorrow. I'll have to watch the portions because everyone brings something. They turned it into a potluck which is fine with me. I shouldn't be such a control freak. But everything is good, so I'll calculate points plus and do my best. I'd like to lose a bit this week, but there are plenty of challenges. On Sunday we (dh, dear daughters, dear sons in law, and one dear grandchild) are all going to an inn that is know for its Christmas decorations. We'll have dinner. There should be carolers---I hope so. I'll have to plan it out before I go.

Everyone have a great Wednesday. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner :cool:

terrod99
12-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Hey All

Bandit We have 2 of those company parties next week! I have a hard time with the bread basket! Looks like snow for Friday!!

Taylor Yes we are counting the days! So many things to do before and I work right up until the afternoon we leave!!! Freaking out!!!

Life I am sooo glad you are going back to school you can do it!! You will do it!

Princess hope work is going well, and you are getting into a routine, hard with the holidays coming!! You will do it.

Judy Have a nice WW lunch an fun with your family Sunday!

Loose Seal you got me thinking about those frosted flakes haven't eaten them in years!!! But they are sounding appetizing right now!!

Cherry hope you are keepin at it!!!

Terri

bandit2
12-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Morning, turtles

Party last night was good, lots of food but overall I think I did pretty good with my choices but the steak would have been lots of calories, but was very good. So nice evening out. 2 more official dinners next week and just regular get togethers after that.

Judy - have fun at your potluck, are you making your veggie pie? You know, that is still one of my favorite things. Never fails - always great.
I have to come up with something for next week & I am leaning towards
light cream cheese covered with red pepper jelly with crackers on the side.
Since I have to bring what I take with me for the day, I thought this would be easy & everyone loves this. So simple & lots pretty for a party.

Biggest Loser last night was good, caught the end of it when I got home.
I find it inspiring to see how far they have come, from barely being able to walk a mile to completing a marathon. So finale next week & our challenge will be over. So good luck everyone.

Terri - I heard about the snow for Friday as well. I am going to Tor on Friday,
doing some shopping, getting my hair done & dinner later. Staying overnight and my dd & I are going to the Lowes Christmas market, which looks really good. So busy weekend, but fun.

Taylor - how you feeling from zumba? Since you are so active you are probably fine. For me, I always feel it in my legs & butt

All - hope you are enjoying all your outtings, shopping and planning for the holidays.

loose seal
12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Is Zumba a dance exercise? I've heard of it but really have no clue what it is.

Terri . . don't do it. One Frosted Flake will lead to one thousand and one. Those sugar-shellacked flakes of corn are like drugs! Cereal out of the box is a HUGE temptation for me. I normally don't buy the FF or the Cinnamon Toast Crunch (oh how I love those) or the Fruit Loops and I steer clear of the Cap'n Crunch but . . . they were on a great sale, I had coupons making the sale even greater and I bought them before getting back on the wagon. We've got a box and a half sitting in the pantry (big boxes too). Gulp, I hope I forget they're there and that somebody else eats them . . . soon!

Just stopping in seeing how everyone is doing. Christmas is literally right around the corner . . I'm really not ready. We'll put the tree up this Sat. If it's up too early I get tired of it. Going Christmas shopping with the hubs tomorrow, hopefully we'll get close to being done. Right now it's a dreary, rainy day and all I want to do is take a nap.

Itryharder
12-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Turtles,
I had a nice WI today. I'm over 50# down again and I'm very happy about that. These last couple of months I've been yo-yoing, but that's still better than going up. Lost 1.2# at WW's WI. Had lunch with my friends. We had a great time. It was potluck since that's what they like to do. Fennel, orange, sliced onion salad. I made a tossed greens salad. Stuffed peppers (no rice), stuffed zucchini, I made unstuffed cabbage. Someone brought grilled vegetables (delish). We topped it off with coffee, tea, homemade tiny scones and chocolate covered Oreos (I didn't have those-----figured why in the world would I try something else that I might adore and crave?)
pineapple rings in jell-o and fresh fruit. Really delish, but the best part was all the laughing and chatting. These gals are great. We were at the mtg. together, then spent 4 hours at the lunch at my house and could have kept on going.

Hope you're all doing great. I'm starting to get some ideas for my dd an d grandson and that helps with the Christmas shopping.

Loose Seal, I can't answer about Zumba-----I thought it was a type of Latin dance aerobics, but I'm sure the gals can give you a better answer.:exercise:

Bandit, I love the idea of red pepper jelly over a block of cream cheese and crackers. Yum. :chef: Also thanks for letting us know that The Biggest Loser Challenge is over next week. I've got a million (well, 4) challenges this week, but if I keep the other days really strict and choose well each of the challenge days, I should be able to knock off another pound.

Good luck to us all. I think we're dynamic non-whining winners. :cheer:
Judy
234.6/183.8/179 and thinner :cool:

Taylorsjourney
12-07-2011, 09:40 PM
good evening everyone...

Itryharder - awesome on the overall loss of 50 ( happy dance for you ) and also on the 1.2 weekly loss... YOU GO GIRL.. that's fantastic.. mmm your party menu sounds delish .. the grilled veggies would of been wonderful I bet..

loose seal - zumba is latin aerobic dancing workout.. they say that you can burn up to 800 calories in the hour that it's given.. I believe it because you're shaking what your Momma gave you all the time.. Our instructor said if the music hits you just to go with it and turn it loose.. let's just say I did hahaha..

Banditt - mmm steak.. that is always one meat that I find I crave once a month.. now you got me thinking about it LOL.. I hope you have good driving weather on Friday as I did hear our temps will drop and snow come in.. my dh is hoping as that will get him into the last field.. I loved Zumba and so far the only place I am feeling a slight tightening is behind my back where my ribcage is.. more from the arm work associated with the dance moves then anything.. the rest is good so I'm thankful about that.. the session I am signed up for takes me just a few weeks from my surgery so I thought perfect time to do it..

Terri - omg working right up to the afternoon you leave.. no wonder you're freaking out, I would be too BUT you will so appreciate that vacation that much more.. Have fun with your company parties.. I'm a bread lover too so good luck!!

life4evr - what classes you taking in January.. good for you and I'm happy your getting it all arranged.. I'm curious to know do you have to have the gym membership to do the class.. with what I'm taking it was offered to the public ( members first choice) and therefore I avoided the membership fee.. I am new to Zumba but really liked it.. I read so much on here from the other ladies I just bit the bullet to try it.. HOOKED!!! lol.. once everything settles down I bet you will get back on track with everything. this is such a difficult time of the year with so many things going on!!

Princess - how was work today.. are you getting the layout of the land so to speak.. I hope you ended up in a friendly atmosphere because that makes so much of a difference in our mood to go to work..

well today was a day of lists and to do's.. I think I wanted to keep busy as it was also the 5 year anniversary of the loss of my Aunt from cancer.. tried to just not end up in a crying mess because I am so mad at this disease... anyway I baked cookies for the male empty pits in my home and found 3 working their way to me - they were calling my name and I answered LOL... so water water water LOL.. but I'm okay - which is so much better then beating myself up for it like I used to..I didn't emotionally eat them because I was upset - I ate them because they looked so darn good and I thought why not, as long as I track them and hold myself accountable go for it.. so making steps in the right direction mentally there..

have a great evening ladies..

Princess1122
12-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday. Im sorry I have not been online very much this week, things are super crazy at work... I mean really crazy! Ugh, woke up with a huge headache today and really looking forward to the weekend to maybe get rid of some of the stress that I seem to be carrying by the ton this week.

I am out of touch here and will try and get caught up later on tonight.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Taylor, thanks for doing such a great job responding to everyone. Do you mind if I say "ditto"? You hit all the points I wanted to and I 've got a desk full of paperwork that is calling my name.

Princess, everyone understands too crazy and busy----you're in a brand new job at the busiest time of the year. Try and take care of yourself a bit and we'll all breathe a little easier in the new year.

For me, WW lunch so fun. Today am working on getting Christmas menu firmed up. Grocery shopping, oh so much stuff I won't bore you. I checked out the new WW program and it looks about the same to me. They dropped points plus amounts for the day and a few foods have changed in the pp values. Aside from that, it's still the same solid program it's been for awhile.

Gotta run. have a great OP day.
Hey Taylor, I love your attitude about the cookies. Very wise. Counting them in works, so why not? Especially if you're doing Zumba!

Hi to all!!!!!
Judy

bandit2
12-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - super duper job on your weight loss - 50# is such a milestone.
Good for you!!! Reaching your goal has kept you focussed along the way and you are such an inspiration to all of us.

Loose Seal - yes, zumba is latin type dance moves (cha cha, meringae) in
small combinations and you don't stop moving for entire class (mine was 55 min) and follow along with the iinstuctor.

Taylor - I am taking Go train into Tor and then either walk or subway while up there - driving downtown Tor is too crazy for me. Glad you are liking zumba - so much fun and yes, am sure you burn tons of calories. Good job keeping the cookie count under control.

Princess - nice to see you popping in when you can. A new job at this time of year would be extra stressful for sure, no wonder you have a headache -
which I hope you no longer have. Do what you can, when you can and look after yourself as well.

Thought for today: Do your best, forget the rest.

life4evr
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Taylors I am transferring to the Practical Nursing program from the ADN program. I am sure they offer a pass that you can pay for a certain number of classes. I am not sure. I am will be elgible for a student membership again in January, so dependig on my finances I may bite the bullet again with that. Sorry about your Aunt I have lost several relatives to cancer so I understand your pain.

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me. I got a wake up call when I went to the doctor by blood pressure has never been high but it was high yesterday. Then again I have had a heavy cycle this month so I know that didn't help.

Everyone have a goodnight.

loose seal
12-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Ah, so Zumba may not be the best choice for those who have not been blessed with the 'dance rhythm' gene. :lol: I bought Michael Jackson: The Experience (for Wii) for one of my kids as a Christmas present. Maybe I"ll try to see if I can not trip over my two left feet w/that before giving Zumba a try.

Went Christmas shopping w/the hubs yesterday . . . at the mall. Ugh. While not crowded the mall is huge and we walked a ton, which is good but it was 'mall walking' pace, slow and browsy, which I hate, hate, hate. It makes my lower back hurt. Then had to run out to the grocery store last night to pick up stuff I forgot to get Wed (aside from needing it, it was also on sale so had to get it b/4 the sale was over) and Target - had a coupon for a $10 gift card if you spent $50 - two more Christmas presents purchased! And I'm spending that gift card on ME! heh

The past few days I've been doing great w/eating -- not being home and running around helps -- but today I'm home. Haven't done anything yet, not even out of my p.j.'s yet. Guess I should get moving . . . .

Glad to see everyone is staying on track as much as possible during the busiest/most hectic time of year. Sometimes it just feels like a mad rush to 'get it all done'. Know what my favorite day of the year is? The day after Christmas! lol Have a great weekend all!

life4evr
12-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Loose seal, I have not exactly been blessed with a dance rhythm gene, but the class was still pretty fun when i took it.

Morning everyone off to run more errands for school and stuff. I only gained 0.9 lbs which is major for me considering i have been eating anything and everything and not exercising. I am retaining water so I know that has something to do with it. I just find that interesting cause usually when I fall off the wagon I gain why more than that.

I actually ate breakfast this morning yay whcih i have been skipping or having fast food. Will try to check in later. Going to try a new recipe tonight. everyone have a good day.

Please excuse the typos if I have any. I am typing without contacts or glasses lol whcih means I am half blind. Anyone everyone have a good da.

loose seal
12-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Turtle, turtle!

Itryharder
12-09-2011, 04:40 PM
That thumbnail is hysterical! Loose Seal, you're too much.

Life4evr, I'm saying you have figured out how to eat well even when you're not "dieting" or even OP. What you experienced shows me that over time the things WW's preaches sinks in and we make so many of these things habits. Weigh to go in not obsessing or bingeing even when you weren't "really OP."

Day going nicely here. Out to dinner tonight at friends' house. We'll play games and munch. We like Apples to Apples. Then tomorrow we'll meet up with dd and grandson to go to the aquarium out on the island. Tomorrow night we're going to a Christmas concert which should really get us into the spirit.

Gotta run. You all take care.
Bandit, have a blas with dd in Tor. You've got a full weekend coming up.

Princess, hope you're almost ready to clock out and enjoy your weekend.

Cherry, how are you doing?
Terri, are you about to vacation?
Jar, how are you standing all those Christmas chocolates?
Taylor, so glad you reached your 10% Weigh to go!!! :goodscale: :bravo:
You're doing great.

I hope I've got everyone. You're all in my hearts. We can do this!
Judy

life4evr
12-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone I tried a new recipe. I even survived a holiday party. So I have tracked everything I have allready dipped into my weekly points but thats okay. I keep on hearing about this facebook group but I can never find it. Can someone point me in the right direction. Hope everyone has a goodnight. I made some rice krispie treats cause I was craving them. Those things are really sweet. I don't remember them being that sweet.

terrod99
12-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Hey All Busy Shopping Saturday ahead of me!!
Getting ready for our trip a few odds and ends hubby needs new sandles (wish me luck for that one!) son will wear crocks those you can get year round here. The sandles I figure last resort might be sears catalogue. A few gifts I still need to purchase too!!!

Bandit hope you have fun at The Lowes Christmas Market I saw it on Breakfast Television looked like fun!

Life it is funny when we stay away from junk food, that when you eat it again it tastes differently. I have thought that about a few things recently too.

Judy You are always so busy! Its sounds like you have a wonderful family and lots of great friends which makes for a happy life !!! And thats awsome!

Princess hope work isnt wearing you out too much!!!

Loose Seal I think you are hillarious!!!! and don't worry I didn't do near the cereal aisle!!!

Cherry/Taylor/Jar hope you gals are keepin at it!

Have a great day gals!!!

Terri

bandit2
12-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi turtles - my dd has a ckient right now, so I have some time to play on her computer.

Good day yesterday - did the big walk in Tor from Union up to dd place
(Yonge & Bloor area) which takes about 45 minutues & stopped at fruit store and picked up some nice fresh fruit & actually had that for my lunch.
Hair looks so much better as well & then we had a dinner at Japenese place and I picked a shrimp/noodle dish which I know was probably high in calories but I ate light all day, which hopefully helps.

I was down 1# at my weigh in & was totally surprised, with having a few Christmas get togethers. So super happy with that.

Life - funny about the rice krispie squares, when I got to my dd she had a plateful on the counter. So had one last night with a cup of tea & yes, they are on the sweet side but I still enjoyed it for a change.

Nice sunny day up here & getting ready to hit the Christmas market, then home and out later for the dance

All - have a great Saturday & lets all try and get in some extra water & exercise this week to help offset the Christmas goodies!

loose seal
12-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Met my exercise challenge for the week and, despite my grrreat slip up(s) my avg. daily cals. came in at 1500/day. So overall, not too shabby.

Am off the the Target to snag yet another $10 gift certificate while purchasing some nifty gifties. Try your best to stay OP. Two steps forward and one step backwards still gets you to where you're going. Have a great weekend you guys!

life4evr
12-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Hope everyone has a good day. So back to those rice krispie treats. I was like a kid in the candy store. I had too many of them which i tracked them. Yeah I don't think I will be making rice krispie treats anytime soon again. Just got done with lunch. I have my other client in like an hour. So Monday I am going to work on the exercise part of things. My eating today has been okay, minus the rice krispie treats which I am paying for.

Hope everyone has a good day.

loose seal
12-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Hope everyone has a good day. So back to those rice krispie treats. I was like a kid in the candy store. I had too many of them which i tracked them. Yeah I don't think I will be making rice krispie treats anytime soon again. Just got done with lunch. I have my other client in like an hour. So Monday I am going to work on the exercise part of things. My eating today has been okay, minus the rice krispie treats which I am paying for.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I can eat an entire 13x9 pan of those dang things all by myself. Not kidding. It's that sweet-n-crunchy combo . . . . gets ya everytime.

CherryAutumn
12-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I am here. I tried to post a few days ago and the internet shut down on me so I never ended up reposting. Weigh in this week was good considering it is that TOM. Also on Thur. I had a gallbladder attack. I have had a couple before after each of the kids basically. So I am working on eating better for that to. This week down -0.8.

Itryharder
12-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Loose Seal, sounds like you had a great week!

Cherry, congrats :cheer: on your loss. Weigh to go!
Judy

Princess1122
12-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all. Super cold morning here! I slept like a rock last night, LOL, I was one tired lady after a ver long day yesterday.

Have a ton to get done today so I need to get moving. Sorry that my posts have been so short lately just feel like I am always on the run these days.

Have a great weekend everyone!

loose seal
12-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Itry ... it had its ups and downs. Haven't gotten weighed yet but am pretty sure it's down. It's been two weeks so . . . something good had better have happened! My jeans feel much better so that's always a good thing.

We got the tree up last night but not decorated. Today, for sure. Have a great day everyone and STAY ON PLAN!

Itryharder
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi Turtles,
Wow, we are something! We're here for each other and if our posts have to be super short, we're still here. I had a tough time yesterday with food, ate much too much, but today is another day. I'd love to wrap up this week without a gain because we are ending our Biggest Loser Challenge this week. If I look at each day as a new day and eat appropriately, I can get where I want. I won't even get on the scale right now because I am sure that my "fake weight" is very high. :tread: will help today. Long Island, where I live, is finally really cold. Welcome winter. Brrrrr. But I can :exercise: inside. Also, heading to grocery store to get supplies in for the good days coming up. Need to restock on frozen veggies that also help me through.

Wishing you all a great OP day! Chime in when you can.

Princess, I felt that way for over three weeks. I feel like I just caught up, at last, and the my dd asked for a favor that will take a bit of work. It's okay.
I love my kids.

Let's do this! Let's be strong to the challenge!!!! (Oh, I feel a little hypocritical because I overindulged yesterday, but as long as I'm OP today I'll stop what could have been a binge.)

Judy

bandit2
12-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi turtles:

CHerry - congrats on your weight loss!

Loose Seal - hope you got your tree decoratated and keep up the good work

Princess - hey there busy girl, hope you are making some time for yourself as well.

Life -yes, sometimes treats are just too hard to portion control. I get hooked on the crunchy type things (chips, crackers) more so than the sweet.
I ended up having another rice krispie treat next day, so had 2 pieces overall which isn't too bad.

Judy - It is cold up here as well but sunny today which makes it easier to deal with. And thanks for cheering us all on!!

On Saturday before we went to Christmas market, my dd took me to the humane society where she volunteers as dog walker. Got to see some of the ones she walks & there was also a fundrasier going on where people brought in their pets for a picture with Santa & proceeds went to humane society.
So that was different - I was expecting it to be sad but there were lots of people spending time with the animals & a few got adopted which was great.

The market was good, but it was super cold - there were lots of buildings to go through and lots of artists on hand selling things.
Got some shopping done yesterday, so overall good weekend.

So, ladies this is our final week and to go along with Judy's inspiring cheers,
Lets do our best and wrap this challenge up!!! Good luck, everyone!

loose seal
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Still plugging along here. I'm hoping my sweet tooth shuts up cause it's wanting a little sumpin' sumpin'. Sucking on a jolly rancher to try and nip it in the bud. Why don't they sell just cherry and watermelon jolly ranchers in their own bag? Crazy they don't do that!

Tree is up but still need to do some more shopping, which I really don't feel like taking the time to do. Blarg.

Trying to keep my 'down by 5lbs.' Christmas goal in mind to help me stick to the plan. It ain't easy, is it? :dizzy:

terrod99
12-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Hope all are well! Quick fly by!

I am back at the Y mornings, my walking buddy moved on me!!! The chocolate is getting to me at work! Help!

Keep at it gals!

Terri

Itryharder
12-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi Gals,
Got to boardwalk yesterday and had a decent 92% OP day. Good enough for this time of year.

Terri, I used to walk ages ago with a woman in the neighborhood . We'd walk three miles a day. It was great and then she moved and then I went back to work. Ages ago-----but it was interesting how with someone to walk and chat with, the 3miles didn't seem that bad. I love walking with dh but we're not always able to fit it into our schedule. Some is better than none, I guess.

Here's to a good day for all of us!

Judy

life4evr
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone just dropping in real quick. Trying to have an OP day today. The treats were dangerous. I have noticed when there is a lot of snack food around I tend to snack instead of actually eating real meals. Sometrhing I have never really noticed before. Umm the temperature is swinging here. I was forced into the flu shot. So that has me feeling a little uggh. I really need to exercise. But my motivation for that is no where to be found. Hope everyone has a good day.

lots2go
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi all!
Just dropping in to say hey :)
I've done terrible the last few weeks...I've got to crawl back on the wagon. I started anew today. I went to a meeting last week, the first one in forever. I think I'm going to attempt to try the simply filling plan with the power foods. we'll see how that works. IDK, I haven't had any time to sit down and make any plans. I've got to start saying no, and start doing what's best for my body.
I'm sorry I don't have time to read the posts to see how everyone is and to respond to everyone. Hope all is well with everyone and we are all enjoying the Christmas season :)

LaurenH
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Just a fly-by from me here.

On the weight loss front, things are going well. I'm back on my food plan and losing. Just finishing my first week, very encouraging. Feels good to be treating myself well again.

On the personal front, though, things are very difficult. Mom is in the hospital with rapidly progressing pneumonia, probably due to one of the chemo drugs she was taking. Those of you who pray, please pray for her. I would really appreciate it.

Congrats to all our great turtle losers! Such a hard time of year, and you're doing so well.

loose seal
12-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Lauren, I hope your mom improves. {hugs}

lots2go, stopping the downward spiral is sooo hard. It's good you came back and posted.

---------

Well I ate an entire pint of B&J Mint Oreo today. Yes, the whole thing all by my lonesome. Freakin' TOM!! Freakin' hormones!! Ah, I did enjoy it though. OP for b-fast and will be for dinner as well. What's a girl to do? Some months are better than others.

Am finally done running around (almost) for the week and will hopefully be much less exhausted tomorrow. It's easier to stay OP when you're well rested.

I think I'll be glad when the whole holiday scene is over and life goes back to normal. Have a great night all.

Itryharder
12-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi Lauren,
I still pray and I'm praying for your mother.
I am so glad to hear that you're doing the right thing for yourself and going on to the food plan. I'm sending :goodvibes: to you, your dh and your mom.
God Bless.

Loose Seal, ice cream has a way of doing that. You're right! It will be easier when this holiday season is over. Last week I could have made better choices, but you know what? I had a ball and food was a good part of that.
My dh, kids and I had lots of serendipity moments and I'm up a bit. However, I am determined to get the weight off by our final WI for this challenge on Friday!!!!

Lots2go, so good to see you here. Don't worry about being busy----we all are and some are busier than others. It's all fine. Good luck with getting where you want to be. So glad, again, to see you posting.

To everybody! Keep on keepin' on. This is the trickiest season of the year. Any weight we lose this time of year will be super kudos to us! We can do this. We are doing this.

I'm crazy busy too, but I'll make sure to make time to chime in on our Turtles Challenge on Friday. It's really exciting to see how we've done. I know the thought of this challenge helped me out. I've been far from perfect, but overall, I am happy I didn't gain.

Best to all!
Judy
234.6/185/179 and thinner :cool: goal 146# in 2012

Princess1122
12-15-2011, 05:38 AM
Just a quick hello to you all!

Things are going a million miles a minute for me right now... 11 - 12 hours days at work and the stress is high - exercise is just not happening and I am eating what I can grab... that about sums it up for me.

Have a great day everyone and I will get on when I can.

terrod99
12-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Hey Turtle Gals

Went to Y 3 times this week, very tired last night almost afraid I was coming down with something so stayed in bed extra 45 min this morning. Trying to get my list done! Running out of time. eeeeeeeeeeeek

Oh well! Sounds like everyone is in the same boat. Busy and too many treats around!! Stay strong gals we will make it through this!!!! Together!

Have a great Thursday!!

Terri

Itryharder
12-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh, too busy and too many treats around pretty much sums it up.

Everybody have a great day! I'll see you all at our other site for Friday WI and wrap up of our Biggest Loser Challenge.

I want to remember to drink my water. (And avoid the snackies)
Judy
234.6/185.6/179 and thinner :cool: 2012 is my goal year!

CherryAutumn
12-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Sorry Turtles,
I have been around just having troubles with my computer and my
posts keep disappearing. Since I am at my moms house I thought I
might give it another try. My weight is good but it is kind of because of
necessity. I had a gallbladder attack on Thursday and so now I need to eat small meals and not get to full. Fear is a good incentive or (bad) depending on how you look at it. I am going to do my best to get on Tomorrow for the final weigh in.

Everyone keep at it.

loose seal
12-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Itry . . . yeah it sure does. It kind of took me off guard. I had forgotten the B&J's was even in there then all of a sudden yesterday the voice said 'loose seal, loose seal eat meeee'. Not much I can say or do about it . . it is what it is.

Cherry Autumn . . . I had a gallbladder attack about 5 years ago. I had no idea what it was at the time just that it was awful and lasted all day. I finally remembered I had some leftover Tylenol w/codeine and took that and it eased the pain. Two days later it attacked again. I remember pushing on my left kidney to help ease the pain. Called my hubs and he came home but I guess the stone passed through the gallbladder because everything slowly eased. Went to the doc who said 'you MUST have a Cat Scan (I think that's what I had) NOW!'. Well, 'NOW' was 2 days later because that's when they had an opening. Was just feeling better then they made me drink a ton of some liquid stuff which made my stomach and side hurt all over again. They hurried up and did the test and . . . . . oh yeah, results w/be back in a week and a half then you can wait another 2 or 3 weeks before the doc can see you. Finally saw the doc and . . . . 'oh, this picture of your gallbladder is over a month old, you should go have a blah, blah, blah test done so we can see what's going on now'. :rolleyes: Yeah, right. They recommended to have my g/b taken out. Uh, no thanks I'm kind of fond of it think I'll keep it. They looked at me like I was nuts. Haven't had an attack since then. If I had them frequently I'd consider surgery but for an attack once? No thanks.

Ok, so that was kind of a rambly way of saying I feel your pain! Hope you feel better soon.

Feeling tons better today. Amazing what a good sleep and a body full of ibuprofen can do! Am back on track with the food but had to take the dog back to the vet today. Weird rash on her mouth, bottom and bumps on her back. He thinks it's some kind of bug bites and the one on her bottom looks like it had been infected but since she's still on the antibiotic for her nose he told us to put her on Benedryl for a few weeks. Have a few other things I can do for her but she's ok. Oh and I thought she had lost 2 lbs . . . nope, she really lost 3! She must have had to go to the bathroom or something at last week's weigh in. She is looking good!

I need to start wrapping presents, baking, figuring out my schedule for next week . . . and yet, I have the house to myself for the next hour and Dexter is calling meeeee. What to do , what to do!

Have a great Thursday all and do your best to stay the course.

bandit2
12-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone - just a quick post to say hi and for everyone to pop over and
post their final weigh ins for our challenge. Thanks to all who participated,
I know it helped me along the way. Had 2 outtings this week & am surprised I was down 2# last night at Tops. I have been walking at lunch to help with all the goodies & that must have helped. Good luck, everyone!

Itryharder
12-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi Guys,
I was at Atlantic city, Tropicana overnight. I would love to say in advance if I'm going out of town, but I know that's not a great idea.,etc.
If it's okay with you, I'll WI tomorrow morning and post my final weight.
It was a big help for me. No scale this morning, so I don't know what I weigh.

I'll catch up with posts soon. Very busy week, again.

Bandit :goodscale: for being 2# down. That's fantastic.

Judy

loose seal
12-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Was not feeling well yesterday or last night, ate stupid soup for dinner which only made me hungry later on and I totally lacked the energy to stay OP. Will weigh in tomorrow or even Monday. I didn't realize this challenge ended this week . . . thought it ended on Christmas morning. Wait maybe that was another thread. I can't keep up! lol Right now I'm hoping to just break even on the scale which will have me down a total of 3 lbs. I'm still aiming for a total of 5 by next Sunday.

eta: just got done doing a 40 min. kickboxing dvd.

Itryharder
12-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Cherry, sorry you're having gall bladder pain. I understand that is very painful. Here's :goodvibes: that you'll feel fine real soon. In the meantime, congrats :bravo: on your weight loss.

Loose Seal, thanks for all your messages. And good luck on your OP.
Judy
234.6/185/179 and reaching goal in 2012 :cool:

Taylorsjourney
12-19-2011, 09:48 AM
good morning everyone.. I've been MIA for a bit and I have a few to stop in and say hello.. briefed thru some of the posts so will generalize this with I hope everyone is hanging in there.. I think at this time of the year it's best we can do.. Lauren I will pray for your Mom and ask her to be put on a friends prayer circle - it never hurts to have as many as you can right..

we've had a very stressful last week.. was thankful to say that farming was complete when my dh was asked to help his cousin combine so he could finish his crops.. well last row coming back to unload the combine's axle broke .. kind of like a last smack from an already season of doo doo.. so needless to say my dh stress passed on to me and it threw me totally off my rhythm and food wise went out the window.. my constant is the exercise but OP has not existed since Tuesday.. I am fortunate since today's wi I was only up a smidge breathe a huge sigh of relief but I need to get a grip.. which at this time of the year is already difficult.. anyway that's what my world has going on .. just wanted to touch base, wish everyone the best and keep on moving one step at a time!!

Itryharder
12-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi Turtles,
I just read Taylor's post and I guess what I can say is life is sometimes hard.
As a matter of fact, life is often hard. In those times we do the best we can.
Exercise is super smart because it helps with weight reduction, but it also helps by relieving stress. So Taylor, do the best you can. Take baby steps to get back OP. Sounds like you're doing that already.

For all of us, I am planning on being as close to OP as I can. Going out to lunch today and Wed. with friends. Today I know the restaurant and we all always have a big salad w/grilled chicken. That works for us. Wed. is a ?
But Sat. and Sunday will be my two favorite days of the year. I've got high calorie things going on, but I'll also have salad and diet jell-o in the fridge.
I still drink Diet Coke and that helps me. I plan on filling up my plate halfway with salad and having small portions of the other foods. As far as dessert, I plan on a sliver and a couple of cookies. As far as appetizers, I plan on having shrimp available for me. That'll all help. Also, getting weight down to lowest point before Christmas Eve and Christmas day will help a lot.
Any weight I put on then will be "fake weight" and I'll get them off in time for my next WI. That's my plan A and I'll make up a plan B if that kinda falls by the wayside. I'm planning on a wonderful time. BEst of luck to all of us.

Lauren, I'm still praying for your mom, you and your family.

Everyone, take care, be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/183(I did it. I dropped my fake weight)/179 and thinner to goal! :cool:

loose seal
12-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Just a quickie post. I've been OP and the scale is nudging down. I WILL hit 165 (my 5 lbs. off goal) by Christmas. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Soon it will be Christmas day!

Itryharder
12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
:goodscale: weigh to go Loose Seal! :bravo: being OP is the best thing ever.
Judy
234.6/183/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012~~ :cool:

loose seal
12-19-2011, 11:36 PM
:goodscale: weigh to go Loose Seal! :bravo: being OP is the best thing ever.
Judy
234.6/183/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012~~ :cool:

Isn't it though? I was just hankering for something sweet but I've eaten 1400/cals and it's 10:30 at night. hmm, what to do. I ate one spoonful of ice cream. Know what? That did the trick. The sweet monster has left and I'm still on track. Sweet!

I'm pushing it this week because Sunday . . . SUNDAY . . . oh my! I'm trying not to think about it all. Sometimes having Christmas at your house isn't such a good thing cause all the food is here! :dizzy: lol

Thanks for the cheer, Itry!

terrod99
12-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Hey All!

Hope you all have a wonderful OP Christmas! Hope to check in again but just in case I don't! (We are leaving for airport late Thursday afternoon.)

Will be back for new years!!

Keep at it gals 2012 we will do it!!!!

Terri

Itryharder
12-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi Turtles,
Happy Hannukah and almost Merry Christmas!!!!!

I like all the positive and practical posts. I think it's great that we're working very hard at staying OP, but if we slip we don't binge. We just redirect our eating and keep on keepin' on. It hasn't always been that way for me. I used to beat myself up pretty badly, but now I'm reveling in the so what, it's "fake weight" that will come off as long as I get right back on track.

Sending good vibes and happiness to all the turtles. You make my life so much richer.
Judy
234.6/183/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012 :cool:

bandit2
12-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi turtles:

Terru - have a fabulous trip!

All - guess everyone is busy doing last minute holiday prep.
Hope you are all staying OP this week - very tough with all the goodies
everywhere you go.

Lets do our best, forget the rest!!!

bandit2
12-21-2011, 01:41 PM
I meant Terri

Itryharder
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Just a quicky-----I lost 3# this week. The 2# fake weight disappeared and I got off another 1#. Yay!
Judy
234.6/182.8/179 and thinner :cool: Goal in 2012 :bravo: (I'm celebrating in advance. Lol)

loose seal
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
WTG, Itry!! Keep up the good work!

Princess1122
12-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Good morning everyone... too far behind on posts to catch up quickly but I will hopefully over this coming weekend. Work has been crushing... 11 -12 hours a day with no time for anything else so I am really looking forward to the three day weekend.

I sure hope that everyone is doing well - Have a great day everyone and I will pop on when I can.

Itryharder
12-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Popping in to say hello and let's keep on doing our best. Lots of challenges coming up this weekend, so I'm taking a minute to "regroup" and think about what I really want.

My kids, their spouses, and one grandchild will be with us on the day of Christmas Eve, overnight, and Christmas day. I love having them all here.
I've got an idea of how I can stay OP. On Christmas Eve, we don't have a special supper, so I'm having soup and a salad and maybe a half sandwich.
On Christmas day, the breakfast can be pricey in points plus, but I'll stick to eggs and a lite Eng. muffin----which I really love. Later one, I'm starting dinner with a French Onion Soup WW style, then filling half my plate with salad and then small portions of the "good stuff". It's a good plan, so i need to remember to implement it. Also, I'm definitely having Christmas cookies and dessert and a couple of pieces of candy, but I'll remember that I don't need to eat the 'whole thing", but can have a reasonable amount. You know, of course, that I'm writing this to get it into my head one more time and to boost my resolve.

:goodvibes: to all of us. Let's have a wonderful holiday and a very Merry Christmas.
Judy
234.6/182.8/179 and thinner :cool: Hey, this is the lowest I've ever been at WW's since 2000. I am so happy. :goodscale:

bandit2
12-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi turtles:

Looseseal - glad to see you will hit your goal by Christmas, awesome!

Judy - yahoo! Good for you! 3# is amazing especially right now.
Your mean planning looks good. Planning ahead is key. I have people in
Chirstmas eve & will have some point friendly items and planning on not having too much leftover of the rest. Will have traditional christmas dinner at my moms & usually I also cook a turkey at my place to have over holidays,
but my dd will be away and I don't need extra, so that will also save me some time. I enjoy boxing day - I don't leave the house & stay in track suit and we have leftovers, watch movies & relax.

Have office potluck today, then final weigh in at Tops tonight.

All - hope you are ready for the holidays!!

bandit2
12-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I meant meal. My goodness, seems I can't type lately.

Itryharder
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Bandit, good luck on your WI. Have fun at the potluck.

Turtles, we've gotten long. See you all at #272 Bale of Turtles Seeing in the New Year!
judy