Exercise! - exercise & water weight gain??

View Full Version : exercise & water weight gain??

mgruce
12-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I just bought a treadmill and was on it 45 min saturday & sunday. Sunday I went hiking up a ski hill also. My legs were sore at the end of the day and come monday I could feel I worked them. I have a great deficit in calories but today my legs feel puffy. I drank 8 1/2 cups of water today, usually do 10.

is this normal? I feel like I gained weight overnight instead of losing

Jojo381972
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Muscle inflammation perhaps? I know when we overwork our muscles especially with weight training that they become inflamed and need to heal.

I had the same problem a few days ago when I did a toning class with free weights. I was sore the next day (and day after that) and felt tender and like I had gained weight. Sometimes you can feel the soreness a few days after a hard workout which can be a reason for your puffy legs. Just some ideas. I'm sure you didn't gain weight from exercising. Drink more water and take it easy and then check the scale. :)

Thighs Be Gone
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes--it's like Jojo mentions. If your muscles are sore anywhere in your body, you retain water as part of the repairation process. It will even reflect on the scale.

RHay
12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
yes, muscle soreness and water weight. Good luck :)