Exercise! - Weird Workout Confessions!

View Full Version : Weird Workout Confessions!

Mimzzy
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi Everyone!
I thought it was time to have a silly/fun topic going on that everyone can enjoy and take part of. Last night I was thinking about how some of my work out rituals are odd to say the least and wondered if I am the only one!

My confession is that I gave up trying to find a good sports bra for the girls. I am rather large chested 32 I or H depending on the store. So instead I wear a regular bra and wrap a tensor bandage around myself to hold the girls down so I can run pain free!

I am done humiliating myself now!
Lets hear some of those confessions! :carrot:

rainydays
12-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Haha, love it! My confession: I'm fine when I work out at the gym, but when I do a video at home, I have to distract myself to get it done. So, I'll put the video in the laptop, place it strategically so I can look at it when I need to, then find something to watch on Netflix through the PS3 on the TV. I find I actually do the moves more effectively and everything, because I'm not "bored" with staring at the workout. I have a wide variety of dvds, and I also do some videos that are on Netflix, so it's not like I'm doing the same workouts constantly...it's just a thing I have. Weird, huh? Anybody else do this?

desiresdestiny
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
hmmmm music and I visualize....when I work out, i am zoned out and on another planet, creating a story line.......

BeachKitty
12-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Thankfully I'm home during this but I have long conversations with my dogs while I'm on the treadmill lol. That or I'll sing at the top of my lungs to whatever I'm listening to. I have to have the tv on but I keep it muted and listen to music. Ok reading that makes me sound like I need to be in Bellevue.

Jojo381972
12-06-2011, 12:42 AM
I move my head and often my body to the beat when I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. I blast the music so loud that I put myself in a trance and motivate myself to the music. So when the music is fast I speed up and try to go to the beat..lol. It really works.

sheramama
12-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Isis21: Actually, the old ace bandage around the boobs isn't that bad idea...

Mine is more having the put lip balm on bc for whatever reason I have a tendency to bite my lips when I do any sort of weights which is funny bc I never did that until the summer. Now I can't stop. Plus, I have to blow my nose like 3x before bc it gets runny too during. No idea why now. Am I allergic to exercise? That would explain so much...lol.

Precious Little
12-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Not so much a weird workout confession, but a weird workout inspiration.

I love going into the workout gear stores and looking at all the cute running outfits with the little inspirational quotes and imagining myself running a marathon in them. One day I've promised myself, after lots of training, I will go get the cute outfit, and run that marathon :)

I'm running thru bush these days so it's pointless getting a cute outfit - it would end up all muddy and dirty.

DesertTabby
12-10-2011, 03:02 AM
I go to the gym, but like others here I get extremely motivated by music. I aim for the treadmill tucked in the corner so no one can see me mouthe out the songs, bob my head and strut to the music, or close my eyes (with one hand on the treadmill for balance) to 'get into' the songs as much as I can (like trancing myself, exactly as Jojo said!)

Serval87
12-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Not so much a weird workout confession, but a weird workout inspiration.

I love going into the workout gear stores and looking at all the cute running outfits with the little inspirational quotes and imagining myself running a marathon in them. One day I've promised myself, after lots of training, I will go get the cute outfit, and run that marathon :)

I do that too!

loose seal
12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Sometimes I'll pretend I'm on a show (like TBL) or that Jillian Michaels is standing next to me as my trainer and push myself to react/workout as I would if they were really here or if I was really on the show. Which might not be that weird . . . well, until I start talking back to them! :lol:

lm3898
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I talk back to the instructors on my home workout dvd's - especially Jillian Michaels - sometimes I'm angry, sometimes I'm like "Oh Jillian"...my husband once caught me doing this and started cracking up, he teased me for a week! I guess I like feeling like the instructor is really with me during my workouts!

tiffany0809
12-12-2011, 11:26 PM
My ears get very cold, especially when I get really sweaty and the room is chilly. So sometimes I wear little earmuffs that go around the back of my head. If I don't, my ears hurt so bad I'm in PAIN! :dizzy:

EagleRiverDee
12-13-2011, 12:17 AM
My bra straps constantly slide down my shoulders so sometimes I take a string or a short necklace and tie them together so they can't do that. It just annoys me like crazy to constantly be pulling them up. I buy most of my bras in "racerback" style now so that happens less.

shr1nk1ngme
12-13-2011, 12:51 AM
I look like a throwback to the eighties when I work out. I use sweatbands! They are a perfect way for me to wipe the sweat off my brow without having to fumble around with a towel. For a while I even used a headband sweatband, otherwise the sweat would run down into my eyes and sting like crazy. Now I don't sweat as much, I only use the wristbands.

I wear my Skechers Shape-Ups on the elliptical trainer and then I go back to the locker room and change my shoes for my weight workout. Is that weird? I don't like to do my weights with the shape-ups on because I lift heavy weights and the Shape-ups affect my stability.

I also bring my own Clorox wipes in a ziplock baggie. That way I can wipe down each machine before and after I use it without having to run back and forth to the paper towel/sanitizer spray stand every time I change machines. I never catch colds at the gym any more since I started doing this. People look at me funny but I don't care; it saves me time during my workout and I never get sick.

EagleRiverDee
12-13-2011, 02:19 AM
\
I also bring my own Clorox wipes in a ziplock baggie. That way I can wipe down each machine before and after I use it without having to run back and forth to the paper towel/sanitizer spray stand every time I change machines. I never catch colds at the gym any more since I started doing this. People look at me funny but I don't care; it saves me time during my workout and I never get sick.

That is actually a really, really great idea. I might steal that idea! TY!

sontaikle
12-13-2011, 09:36 AM
When I wake up the day after my weight training and I can barely move because I'm so sore....I FEEL AWESOME.

Seriously, I love feeling sore, haha.

mystyblue85
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM
I always start my workouts on the treadmill and i pick a treadmill in front of a tv showing something interesting so i can watch it while i listen to my tunes on my mp3 player...its highly distracting, which i love, so im not focused on the numbers on the treadmill, or ill watch my feet (im VERY pigeon-toed, so i have to concentrate to keep my feet straight of i trip over them). i find myself frequently laughing out loud or dancing to my music (as much dancing as you can do while speedwalking on a treadmill)...the ppl around me shoot me dirty looks, but i dont care.
and i talk to the elliptical and arc trainers. out loud.
they are my "tough machines" and i always talk to em before i get on em. I say "i know you dont like me. i dont like you either. you hurt my thighs. you make me feel like a failure because i can only last 5 mins. but you WILL work out with me today, and you WILL be nice to me, whether you like it or not!!!"
someone almost always hears me and i dont care; the guys shoot me crazy looks but the women are like "girl, you tell em!!!"

toastedsmoke
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I always put on lip balm and pop in a piece of gum before my run, I don't know why. It's part ritual, part reminder to breathe, part the soothing rhythmic motion of chewing, but to me a run without gum and moisturized lips just isn't the same. Is that weird?

I sometimes play mind games with myself to motivate myself to work out like I'll say to myself: "if you get into your workout gear, you don't have to work out, you can just hang out all evening." And then I'll hang out wearing my workout clothes for a few hours and think: "well, I might as well..." and then work out. I also pop in workout DVDs so I can be guilted by the fit people on my screen into getting my butt in gear and working out.

fitterchick160
12-21-2011, 02:14 AM
I almost always excersize in slippers, so comfy and warm. I also play mind games like "2 more months of this and girl your going to rock that bikini!"

kykaree
12-21-2011, 04:20 AM
I talk back to the instructors on my home workout dvd's - especially Jillian Michaels - sometimes I'm angry, sometimes I'm like "Oh Jillian"...my husband once caught me doing this and started cracking up, he teased me for a week! I guess I like feeling like the instructor is really with me during my workouts!

My husband bought me a wii fit, and I often snap back at the trainer! Especially with squats, every day he tells me "your not strong enough to do this exercise yet" and I shout at him "it's alright for you, you don't have a bum the size of a small country to haul up and down", he's not very sympathetic!

Funnily enough he thinks my lunges are perfect :D

sontaikle
12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
My husband bought me a wii fit, and I often snap back at the trainer! Especially with squats, every day he tells me "your not strong enough to do this exercise yet" and I shout at him "it's alright for you, you don't have a bum the size of a small country to haul up and down", he's not very sympathetic!

Funnily enough he thinks my lunges are perfect :D

I yell at the balance board when it chastises me for not using it every day :(

I go to the gym, Wii Fit! I don't need to use you every day!

Just Sloan
12-21-2011, 07:06 PM
During cardio I drum. A lot. I know I may look like a crazy woman, half walking, half running on the treadmill while drumming away to songs I know. Nothing too out of control, but yeah. I learned to keep my feet under me, there's no double kicks on treadmills! :) Also, A lot of head movements. swaying, banging.. yeah. And I wear two regular bras when I go, and a compression top. Keeps my girls close!

alaskanlaughter
12-22-2011, 02:13 AM
as much as i love to jog (and try to run) i have very little natural balance on a treadmill...things in my peripheral vision make me dizzy enough where i feel like i'll fall off...so i tend to stare straight ahead while jogging or stare straight at the TV screen and nothing else..and sometimes if the TV show has alot of movement, even that makes me dizzy when i jog...so i think i look a bit weird to be so focused straight ahead while i work out LOL

and also i motivate myself by repeating in my head some of the motivating things that jillian michaels says on her DVDs...and also remembering how good it felt to be out with friends last week and FEEL skinny and pretty :)

luckymommy
12-22-2011, 02:31 AM
I lie to myself before just about every cardio workout. I tell myself that I will just do 20 minutes but I usually end up doing 30 or 40 by just lying to myself 5 minutes at a time. Then, when I'm done, I'm so glad I lied to myself! ;) Isn't that weird?

lm3898
12-22-2011, 10:21 AM
I lie to myself before just about every cardio workout. I tell myself that I will just do 20 minutes but I usually end up doing 30 or 40 by just lying to myself 5 minutes at a time. Then, when I'm done, I'm so glad I lied to myself! ;) Isn't that weird?

That's funny I do that too on the treadmill! I tell myself I'll stop and walk when I hit a mile, then 1.25 and so on and so forth until I hit 2 miles...It's amazing how you can trick your mind!

EagleRiverDee
12-22-2011, 02:10 PM

Actually that is a tried and true method that many trainers will suggest. Commit to just doing 15 or 20 mins and often you'll end up doing more because once you're at the 15 or 20 minute mark the endorphins have kicked in and you feel good and you just want to keep going.

oxymoronica
12-29-2011, 12:25 AM
I HATE how I look in stretchy workout clothes but if I wear baggy pants when I exercise my thigh fat chafes like crazy... so my solution is to wear bike shorts to eliminate the thigh chafe and baggy pants on top of the bike shorts so no one can tell I'm wearing spandex... lol! Of course, then because I have a layer of spandex separating me from my pants waistband, I never notice when my pants begin to slip down. So I'm the crazy girl jogging around the neighborhood holding up my waistband with one hand and tugging down my freaking bike shorts that keep riding up with the other. Drives me mad, haha.

Also, to the person who needs to blow their nose a bazillion times during a workout: I do the same thing! Allergic to exercise, indeed.