Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 12/4

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Misti in Seattle
12-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Okay, off to start my new plan again this morning! As I posted in last week's thread, I was doing really well with my weight loss and then blew it big time so here we go again.

I am staying at a B&B this weekend and about to go down to breakfast LOL so I'll have to be careful to meet the challenge. But I can still eat the food if I use common sense... skip the sausage, no syrup on the yummy banana walnut pancakes (and less than a full portion) etc. Then I need to stop on the way home today and stock up on fruits and veggies, oatmeal, etc. I don't even want to face the scale and set my ticker back up but it has to be done, LOL.

Wishing all of you a GREAT, successful day today!!

Misti

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Misti in Seattle Good luck! Make the best choices that you can for breakfast.

mamakat
12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
ItsMyTurn Yep, I made it to the 70lb goal...I'm hoping it will stick for tomorrow's weigh-in. I'm waiting for DH to give me the "thumbs up" on the walk. It's overcast today and 50 degrees, but I still would like to get a walk in. I should go tape up my toes! I hope you have a great Sunday.

Diana glad that you've been getting sleep. I am a loud music listener (especially in the car) and I listen to punk rock, but I have sleeping babies all around me so I make sure to keep it during waking hours or not so bothersome for them. I usually turn it down as I coast into my driveway, but crank it full blast on the road. I get all my windows rattling...the vibration makes my body feel good (it helps with the MD...believe it or not. A constant vibration is like a gentle massage). I try to be respectful...but like you, I have neighbors who don't consider others. And like you, I feel like if I approach them about it they won't care. So I do my best to ignore it, but three hounds barking for 90mins straight it grating on the nerves...there's not enough Green Day to drown them out :p I hope your neighbor got a new shift.

Misti yummy banana walnut pancakes...omg, I'm so drooling right now. :)

ItsMyTurn
12-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I am loving the new decade to start my week!!!!

Mamakat - I have no doubt that you will surpass what even you thought you were capable by the end of all of this :) You are amazing to me!! I hope you are able to get out for that walk!

Diana - I had never thought of ear plugs :)

IsabellaOlivia
12-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Clocked in at 1335 calories today.

Misti: keep it up.

berryblondeboys
12-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Very busy today and yesterday, but chilling now with the family watching Rudolph. How many times have I seen this? At least 75 times, ut I still need to watch it at least once per season.

Party yesterday was good. Came in around 1900 calories for the day, a big high, but nothing to be too hard on myself about though.

Monday will bring some peace and quiet I hope. I need it. And then I need to start cleaning my bedroom. Blah!

Misti in Seattle
12-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks everybody! I am enjoying reading your progress reports!

Yah the banana walnut pancakes were yummy. I gave away my sausage and just ate two (of my three) small pancakes, plus the fruit dish and a very small piece of banana bread.

On the way home I stopped and bought lots of veggies and fruits -- just filled up on veggies in a big salad. Did get carried away with the portion though and ate too much but at least it was all veggies.

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I found some microwave popcorn that does not have any oil and only has 95 mg salt per serving. I haven't had popcorn since DH and I went to the movies this Summer. I decided to buy it to see what it tastes like. It would be equivalent to air popped popcorn. I don't have an air popper. I guess the same thing can be done in a regular pan. I don't know for sure since I haven't tried it. I really liked the popcorn. Hopefully I don't have a carb reaction from the popcorn. I also had some Greek Yogurt for the protein. Let's hope it works out. ;)

Mamakat Congrats on the 70 pounds gone! :bravo: I am hoping that the man across the street is on a new shift. I guess I will know in the morning. Got my fingers crossed and accepting all the good luck and wishes that's sent my way. ;)

Itsmyturn I like the ear plugs that are tapered (on the end that goes into the ear) and flared (on the end that stays out of the ear. Here are a couple varieties that I like. You can buy them at the drugstore or Walmart. They seem to fit better, are more comfortable, and work better. Although, there's no help for me with the man across the street. ;)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007XJOLG/ref=asc_df_B0007XJOLG1806354?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-768-86-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B0007XJOLG
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-MAX-1-plugs-Uncorded/dp/B0033YLEGO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323051471&sr=8-4

IsabellaOlivia Hi :wave: Keep up the great work!

Berry Enjoy your evening with the family and Rudolph. :rudolph:

Misti in Seattle Hi :wave:

Diana3271
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Total Approx 1325 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
Iced Coffee w/cream & sugar 50 calories
2 Grilled Chicken Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Dinner (210 Calories)
1 Serving Popcorn 110 calories
Left over Greek Yogurt w/1/2 teaspoon strawberry preserves 100 calories

Exercise:
Susan Chung's RapidFire Results Cardio Explosion Premix w/weighted gloves

Ariannag
12-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Well I just started a few days ago so weigh in for this week 193ish, *(dial scale, no good, but its all i got!) Hopefully next week will be less than 190! Im trying to get in the mood to work out tomorrow, but who knows, Finals this week plus a 4 month old. Lots of work!

Misti in Seattle
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Okay, I redeemed myself for the huge salad mid-afternoon, since it was lunch and dinner both. I also had baby carrots and butternut squash microwaved in basil/garlic/oregano tomatoes. Oh and a few whole brown beans with fresh pico di gallo. (Portions of the veggies besides the salad were small)

The salad contained.

Coleslaw
Broccoli slaw
Shredded carrots
Grape tomatoes
Cauliflower
Red bell pepper
Chopped onion
Chopped pickled beets
Mixture of almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries and strawberries

I love slaw made this way! Only problem was the dressing. All I could find was regular coleslaw dressing, which is of course a nightmare of high fat and calories. I'll have to find a way to make my own but for today I went ahead and used it.

For a snack tonight I ate three very small Satsuma oranges.

So it's been a very successful day for my first day back on track.

Ariannag
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Misti, that sounds DELICIOUS and congratulations on a successful first day back on track.

Misti in Seattle
12-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks, Ariannag! It does feel good to be back on track.

Yes, this coleslaw is wonderful! A few years ago I was making coleslaw for a potluck and just decided to throw in a few cashews and green grapes; and it grew from there, ha. Now I get asked to bring it to potlucks. The nice thing about it too is that unlike lettuce, cabbage lasts a long time so you can make up a big bowl of this and eat on it for days! And can vary the ingredients. You can also add a chopped boiled egg or bit of chicken/ham/cheese and turn it into a yummy chef salad.

Oh and also I *always* stop on the way back from the Inn (I hang out there often) and get a flavored mocha.. but today I drove right past all the latte stands, which in this area exist every ten feet or so ha.

Thanks to everyone for your support in helping me get back on track. The first few months are the hardest for me. Got to get back into the exercise too.

I deleted my ticker...I'll have to face that later ha ha

mamakat
12-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Morning WI 214.2 bring me down 2.2 pounds from last week and 1 pound up from yesterday :p I'm not sweating the pound and I'm not changing the goal met on 70lbs b/c I know realistically I couldn't have gained a pound in a day. So it will either go down or up by tomorrow (we'll see).

Diana3271
12-05-2011, 08:32 AM
I made a post earlier but I must not have hit Submit. :o

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Let's make it a great week! :carrot:

The man across the street didn't leave early this morning. He must be on a different shift! :dance:

Weigh In: 146.4
Down: .4

Ariannag Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

mamakat Good Morning! :wave: I love your attitude about not sweating the small stuff.

berryblondeboys
12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Morning all! So glad it's a monday. And it's supposed to be our last beautiful day until winter weather hits. So, I will plant my bulbs today. And worry about laundry and cleaning my room tomorrow when it's raining and yucky.

It was a good weekend. Uber busy though! Yesterday was my teaching day and as always, a whirlwind, I also think I ate straight up salt yesterday. I had a nutrition bar for breakfast, 2 slim jims and two mozzarella sticks for lunch, a bit of Brie cheese on whole grain crackers for a snack and for dinner canned beans cooked with a bit of bacon and ham and the roasted beets and brussells sprouts. No wonder the scale is up .4 today! Calories were about 1420, but salt was 4400 and the day before was about the same. And I wonder where those 2.4 pounds came from? Cheese is just loaded as is ham and canned beans.

IsabellaOlivia
12-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Eek eek eek. Today I rolled into the 120s:carrot:. I am at 58.4 kilos, so down 1 kilo since last Monday (2,2 pounds) In pounds I now weigh 128.7.

After gaining 50 pounds because of servere depression and emotional eating and going from 105 pounds to 155, I honestly never thougt I'd see the 120s ever again. Seriously, I never thought I would lose the weight again. That's how your mind works when you're suffering from depression.

Experiencing getting to a healthy BMI, eating clean food, and regularly working out isn't mainly about weight loss; it's about overcoming depression and emotional eating for me. And knowing I can work hard enough to lose weight.

I feel like losing weight has inspired me to take charge in other areas of my life.

Gma4
12-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi I'm posting quickly as I'm off to the dentist this am. I had a slip yesterday but am back on track today. Posting food seems like an idea I will try:
egg beaters with 1 turkey sausage and 1 tbs feta
grapefruit
I have a salad with lots of veggies for lunch scheduled - sardines for protein olive oil from sardines and lemon on top
Tonight will be veg soup and another salad
snacks will be greek yogurt and blueberries between breakfast and lunch and Greek yougurt for after dinner.
Hope to get to that new gym tonight for a workout.
Great day to you all!

dana813
12-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Good morning everyone!

Well I am posting here this morning to hold myself accountable for the bad choices I made over the weekend. Saturday was fine until the evening when I just couldn't resist going to Taco Bell for dinner. I ate approximately 1,700 calories during that one meal. On Sunday night, my husband and I went to dinner. I planned on just having diet coke, and the chicken from chicken fajitas. Instead I had 4 margaritas, tortillas with queso, chips and salsa, a chimichanga and a ton of refried beans. It was so good though, and it's my favorite restaurant, so I'm TRYING not to feel bad about it. Oh, and this morning I had a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A. Nothing like fried chicken to start out a healthy day! Oops. It was 420 calories and I'm just going to work it into my calorie allowance for today and get back on track. Can't wait to get off of work so I can work out! I'm going to make myself exercise even though I have a ton of studying to do (I'm also in college and have finals tomorrow, eek!) No excuses, just have to work hard this week so I can hopefully at least lose a pound by next Sunday when I weigh myself again.

Moondance
12-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Happy Monday.

I can't stop eating today! :hun: AAAAHHH! I know it's related to all the activity I did yesterday (without adequate food ), so now my body just wants to eat!

I have made an intersting discovery about myself. :idea: I have to be REALLY hungry in order for my stomach to actually feel the need to eat. Yesterday, we went x-mas tree cutting. This involves waking up very early (5:30 am). I grabbed a yogurt and 2 slices of turkey bacon for breakfast, knowing I'd be eating a little more at the rendevous house. I left the bacon at home. :cry: I ate the yogurt in the car and then could only have fresh fruit and a small portion of "swedish" waffles (which means very sweet) where we all met. So I started off with a deficit. We then hike all around in the snow, finally find a tree and then have to haul it back to the car. We had chili w/saltines for lunch, plus I had a diet hot chocolate w/a splash of peppermint schnapps. Then nothing until we got home 3 hours later (~3:00). It was then I realized I was very hungry from all the activity but my "stomach" isn't telling me I'm hungry. I feel it more in my muscles and by my mood. By the time my stomach tells me I'm hungry, I'm shaky and weak. Quite a revelation for me! The tree looks great though! :lol:

Oh...and I'm another pound down, for a total of 15 since I started 10/10/11. :cb:

Dana: Good job getting right back up and on track. There's always time to make a good choice! :cheer3:

Gma4: Are you eating enough? Seems like lots of salad and yogurt. What plan are you following? :spin:

Isabella: You made some inspiring comments. You're right...gaining control of your weight enables you to gain control in other areas of your life. Congrats on all the weight lost so far! You're doing great. :carrot:

BBB: Ooo, I love spring bulbs! What kind are you planting? :flow1: I missed Rudolph???? That's my favorite this time of year. Gee, it seems early. Sorry I missed it! :(

Diana: Glad there's been a shift change on your block! Also, I'm interested to know 1) if you liked the popcorn, :corn: 2) what's the brand, and 3) where did you buy it? :moped:

MamaKat: WooHoo! :cheer: How great that you're upon another goal! WTG!! :dance:

Misti: Welcome! :welcome2: The slaw sounds good...

Hi to everyone else. :wave: Have a great day!

redballoon
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Quick post. Gotta run. Just 6 a.m. here. Too much to do before leaving for Hong Kong tomorrow.

I was looking at the threads on my subscriptions wondering why no one had posted. Then I remembered this thread changes every week. Just can't get used to that!! :stress:

I did NOT smoke. I now have EIGHT days smoking free. I think I may feel better.... :^:

Later, all!!
:wave:

Misti in Seattle
12-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Just want to clarify... is this a thread where we are supposed to post just once a day, or where we share at other times too? I realize I have been doing that but if it's not appropriate here I will find other threads to do that in. :) Thanks.

redballoon
12-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Misti, although I'm new here too, I've been posting away whenever I could or needed to. I'm sure you can. This is a great bunch of really supportive people!! :spin:

redballoon
12-05-2011, 04:05 PM
By the way, Isabella, that is awesome!! Bravo for you!! :bravo:

ArtyKay
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
hoping to lose a couple of pounds this week...my meal plan for the day so far hits 1101 calories...hoping I stick to it today!

Gma4
12-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Redballoon: congrats on the no smoking!!!:carrot: for some reason the little figures don't show up for me.

Artykay: way to go!

Moondance: WOW sounds like you were really busy yesterday and burning lots of cals...no wonder you were hungry. Congrats on the lost lb!
Thanks for the input on my food. I think I'm eating enough...I'm not hungry. I add meat or fish to my salads for protein. I usually eat more structured meals but I knew I would be out all day and yesterday I had a slip so wanted to keep today lighter.

Dana813: Today is a new day and sounds like you are making great choices today. Good luck on the finals.

Yea got a good report from the dentist...I love leaving there with nothing but the cleaning being done LOL. Didn't make it to the gym today

Gma4
12-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Late posting.......went and worked out 30 minutes:dizzy:

Diana3271
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Berry How was your day? Are you going to be able to wear your new boots with the Winter weather that's heading your way?

IsabelloOlivia Congrats on getting to the 120's! :carrot:

Dana Today is a new day. I hope things go better for you. Keep trying.

Moondance I don't do very well once I get hungry. I have been known not to make good choices. I normally try to eat on a regular schedule. I also get a bad attitude once I get hungry. :lol:

Redballoon Enjoy your trip. Congrats on the 8 days!

Misti You are welcome to post any way that's the most beneficial for you. I vary my posting depending on how much time I have. Whatever works for you.

Artykay Good luck with your weekly goals.

Gma Great job on the workout and the dentist appointment!

Diana3271
12-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Total approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled NY Strip 400 Calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
cottage cheese 100 calories

Exercise
Aerobox Savage w/weighted gloves
1000 jump ropes

Misti in Seattle
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I managed to stick on plan today even though it was a difficult day, with some stressful things that happened. BUT I didn't go eat my way through the problems; actually I didn't even eat my lunch until later.

Started the day with

tuna salad packet (100 calories)
6 multi-grain crackers (140 calories)
Coffee with 1% milk.
Small Satsuma mandarin orange
Mid-morning snack 6 oz Greek raspberry fat free yogurt.

When I am really "on" I try to avoid processed foods but at least for now I need the convenience... so had a Marie Calendar frozen dinner -- but came home sick from work so brought it with me and ate it later with some of my "mega" cole slaw. Ate another bowl of that later.

Then finished the day with 3 small Satsumas.

Oh and more coffee.

Interesting that I say "finished the day" eating at 6:30 PM, ha. Now I just have to stick to that.. maybe another coffee but that is it.

I have to get back into the exercise but today was just not the day for it. I'll get there though.

Congrats to all of you for hanging in there. Keep sharing your posts!!!! And go go go :)

Diana, you have lost SO much weight! Congratulations! Way to go.

Diana3271
12-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Misti in Seattle Thank you. Great job on keeping your focus today!

Misti in Seattle
12-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Misti in Seattle Thank you. Great job on keeping your focus today!

Thanks Diana. Having support -- and knowing you are going to have to report it-- sure makes a difference!

berryblondeboys
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM
My iPad was acting up, but it's back to normal now. I'll try to catch up with personals soon.

Diana it seems we lost more than half the boardies to the new thread k9owner started (slow dancing with a stranger). I feel kind of bad about it actually. This weight loss journey is an emotional roller coaster.

shishkeberry
12-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Just a quick update, sorry no time for personals.

Still smoke-free, and now DF has been smoke free for 3 days. He's doing so well and I'm very proud of him. I think he will end up raising Wrigley's stock prices by the end of this, though. :lol:

I had a lot of bad eating days this weekend and I gained 7lb. I'm ok with it. Well, I have to be, right? 1.6 of it already came off by this afternoon so I don't think it will be around much.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and let's all have a great week! I'm working off this water!

solarplant
12-06-2011, 01:46 AM
I'm still here! I've been a little quiet just because I find myself kind of exhausted this week.

I have been going to workout but it's just been such a drag this week. (It felt like a drag last week too.)

I need to get out of my funk.

Even meal planning is stressing me out and I love to cook. :(

Anyway, I am here and yes losing weight is a very emotional journey.

I have felt like a failure lately. I need to be strict about my calorie counting this week. Let me pledge that tomorrow i'll write out here everything I ate and try to keep myself at 1300 calories for the day. I have been keeping a rough estimate to not go over 1700 a day but that's too high for me. Ahh.

Also cramps like crazy the past two days which is rare for me, usually i'm fine every month. This month, not so lucky. ;(

Ahh just tomorrow is another day!

nevaeh1984
12-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Hi everyone!

Another week to bite the dust - literally, as I've been fasting in the evening... can you actually fast in the evening anyway? Is not having a solid dinner a fast? LOL.

I just realized I have to update my mini goal with my 10% weight loss pic, still plenty of flab to go but gotta be happy with that mini goal :)

I've got 17 days left till Xmas vacation!! Wuuhuuuuuuuuuuuu (where is that dancing carrot?!) So I'm trying to lose as much as I can before that, because... I do not foresee perfect eating habits over the Xmas period. I will be going back to Europe to be with the family so... Well yeah, I won't eat them or the house, but I think I will not be able to stick to my 1200calories a day.

Hope everyone has a great week and sees the results they would like :D

mamakat
12-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well just like I thought, I'm right back down to 213.4 :) I knew it would come off. I rarely do anything with my eating that would make me gain weight over night like that. I don't have to worry about sodium as much as everyone else as the Lithium leaches the sodium out of my body. I have to laugh, the other day after a long walk I sat down with a diet soda...too tired to make my normal SF Hawaiian Punch. I popped the can and soda sprayed on the palm of my hand. Without thinking, I licked it off. OMG that was the saltiest thing I had ever tasted...saltier than licking salt! I tasted like a salt lick/stick...awful tasting :p So as you can see, sodium isn't my problem (on most days). But DH made stew the night before and I had two helpings. Its off now though :)

Shish I'm happy to hear you and DF are doing so well. How are you two doing? My mom and her hubby were crank pots when they tried :lol:

solarplant hope your day goes well and on plan.

nevaeh good morning.

berry good morning.

diana good morning

moon good morning.

redballoon good evening. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

Diana3271
12-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day! :carrot:

Weigh In: 146.4
No Change

I will be back a little later. I need to get some things done this morning. :coffee2:

berryblondeboys
12-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Just a quick update, sorry no time for personals.

Still smoke-free, and now DF has been smoke free for 3 days. He's doing so well and I'm very proud of him. I think he will end up raising Wrigley's stock prices by the end of this, though. :lol:

I had a lot of bad eating days this weekend and I gained 7lb. I'm ok with it. Well, I have to be, right? 1.6 of it already came off by this afternoon so I don't think it will be around much.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and let's all have a great week! I'm working off this water!

Wow! That is so great! I wish you both all the best with that. It is a great gift to each other and to the kids. Keep strong and yes, when you feel more stable, you can start worrying about the weight loss more. Don't beat yourself up...

berryblondeboys
12-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm still here! I've been a little quiet just because I find myself kind of exhausted this week.

I have been going to workout but it's just been such a drag this week. (It felt like a drag last week too.)

I need to get out of my funk.

Even meal planning is stressing me out and I love to cook. :(

Anyway, I am here and yes losing weight is a very emotional journey.

I have felt like a failure lately. I need to be strict about my calorie counting this week. Let me pledge that tomorrow i'll write out here everything I ate and try to keep myself at 1300 calories for the day. I have been keeping a rough estimate to not go over 1700 a day but that's too high for me. Ahh.

Also cramps like crazy the past two days which is rare for me, usually i'm fine every month. This month, not so lucky. ;(

Ahh just tomorrow is another day!

I hate, hate, hate TTOM and what it does to so many of us emotionally. Hang in there!

Also, if things are feeling like a drag, maybe you need to mix things up a bit? I know I get that way sometimes and so I just find other ways to workout or change what I'm eating a bit.

Gma4
12-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi todays food:

Kefir smoothie: Whey pwdr, mixed berries, Kefir
Coffee

Salad with lots of veg and lettuce, sliced turkey and crumbled feta

Yogurt and apple

Chicken roast with mushrooms, swiss chard and steamed california vegs

Plans to get to the gym but have a busy day planned.

Good luck to all and will post some personals later.

Misti in Seattle
12-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Good morning, everyone! Wishing each of you a successful on-target day!

I finally got up the courage to post my weight on my ticker and raise it up from what it was last time I was here... oh well, the good news was that I got to see it slide down two pounds from when I first started this a couple days ago. Now to keep it going the right direction!

Facing some "tricky" situations today so I have to get through them without eating to cope with the stress!

berryblondeboys
12-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone!

Another week to bite the dust - literally, as I've been fasting in the evening... can you actually fast in the evening anyway? Is not having a solid dinner a fast? LOL.

I just realized I have to update my mini goal with my 10% weight loss pic, still plenty of flab to go but gotta be happy with that mini goal :)

I've got 17 days left till Xmas vacation!! Wuuhuuuuuuuuuuuu (where is that dancing carrot?!) So I'm trying to lose as much as I can before that, because... I do not foresee perfect eating habits over the Xmas period. I will be going back to Europe to be with the family so... Well yeah, I won't eat them or the house, but I think I will not be able to stick to my 1200calories a day.

Hope everyone has a great week and sees the results they would like :D

I do something somewhat similar with eating. I am way hungrier in the earlier part of the day, so the bulk of my calories come early. Of course, some days I reverse it if I'm busy, but yes, most days I have a long fasting time and that seems to work best for me for some reason.

berryblondeboys
12-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well just like I thought, I'm right back down to 213.4 :) I knew it would come off. I rarely do anything with my eating that would make me gain weight over night like that. I don't have to worry about sodium as much as everyone else as the Lithium leaches the sodium out of my body. I have to laugh, the other day after a long walk I sat down with a diet soda...too tired to make my normal SF Hawaiian Punch. I popped the can and soda sprayed on the palm of my hand. Without thinking, I licked it off. OMG that was the saltiest thing I had ever tasted...saltier than licking salt! I tasted like a salt lick/stick...awful tasting :p So as you can see, sodium isn't my problem (on most days). But DH made stew the night before and I had two helpings. Its off now though :)

Yay for returning to a previous low. It is so weir dhow the body can hold and release such chunks so quickly. I had a similar thing today too, but I knew I was way heavy on the sodium the last couple days. Quick convenient foods tend to be salty!

Have a great day!

berryblondeboys
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Good morning, everyone! Wishing each of you a successful on-target day!

I finally got up the courage to post my weight on my ticker and raise it up from what it was last time I was here... oh well, the good news was that I got to see it slide down two pounds from when I first started this a couple days ago. Now to keep it going the right direction!

Facing some "tricky" situations today so I have to get through them without eating to cope with the stress!

I love your ticker and seeing it and owning it I think only helps with the journey. And you already have a new start and with one day at a time, before you know it, you'll be there.

Andejean
12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Good morning all - I give kudos to those who are trying to quit smoking... I don't smoke and boy could I have used a cigarette yesterday!!!! I think Mother nature hates me. My stomach has been crampy, more than usual. First I overslept, so the little girl we are watching was up late last night because I let her sleep so late in the morning... and pretty much no naps, so I was behind, and she was wired! LOL. I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with something, so that's not good, felt off all day yesterday. Then Honey tells me that he can't fix my fuel pump himself so we'll have to pay someone to do it (Ugh... can I win the lottery now?), Also, the kittens knocked an almost complete rotisserie chicken off the counter where the dogs had a fine feast, so no pre cooked chicken for a salad or a sandwich today... Things are tight in this economy, and after paying almost $400 for a fuel pump I did not need to think about paying labor too... then the chicken is just wasted money... I'm ready for a nap again, but I have to teach social studies today, AND I'm being observed, so no naps for me... poo.

I hope you all have a great day, I will try my hardest to stay on plan!

mamakat
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Misti I started out the same weight as you and I'm sooo much shorter...so I know it can be lost...you can do this :)

berryblondeboys
12-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Good morning all - I give kudos to those who are trying to quit smoking... I don't smoke and boy could I have used a cigarette yesterday!!!! I think Mother nature hates me. My stomach has been crampy, more than usual. First I overslept, so the little girl we are watching was up late last night because I let her sleep so late in the morning... and pretty much no naps, so I was behind, and she was wired! LOL. I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with something, so that's not good, felt off all day yesterday. Then Honey tells me that he can't fix my fuel pump himself so we'll have to pay someone to do it (Ugh... can I win the lottery now?), Also, the kittens knocked an almost complete rotisserie chicken off the counter where the dogs had a fine feast, so no pre cooked chicken for a salad or a sandwich today... Things are tight in this economy, and after paying almost $400 for a fuel pump I did not need to think about paying labor too... then the chicken is just wasted money... I'm ready for a nap again, but I have to teach social studies today, AND I'm being observed, so no naps for me... poo.

I hope you all have a great day, I will try my hardest to stay on plan!

But today is a new day. Hopefully it will be a great one. Good luck with the observation.

Moondance
12-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Happy Tuesday!

Dang, its cold here. :shocksn: Thermometer said -0 (the negative always makes me laugh) :lol:. Things are truckin' along here. Back to the dentist for a cavity filling later today. :yikes: I'll post personals when I get to work (the home office is too cold (lots of windows) and my mouse hand gets cold. I'm going in late so the puppy won't be out in the cold (garage) too long.

dana813
12-06-2011, 01:06 PM
OMG Moondance, that is SO cold! I thought it was chilly when I woke up this morning and it was about 70 degrees out, lol!

I'm feeling pretty frustrated today. I thought I'd never see any number in the 230's on the scale again, but I was wrong. Back up to 232.4 today -- was at 228 on Sunday morning. Well, that's what I get for eating a ridiculous amount of food over the past 3 days. I'm hoping that it's mostly water weight because the food I was eating was very high sodium in addition to high calorie. Going to try to be 100% on plan the rest of the week and hopefully I'll be closer to 228 again on Sunday. I just don't know how I'm going to lose weight the rest of this month... seems like everytime I go out for dinner, I end up gaining 3 or 4 pounds. My sister's birthday is on the 16th and we're going to a nice steakhouse. Then Christmas is after that... ughh I just feel like I'm never going to get to my goal! This kind of negative attitude is why I've gained so much weight in the past.. I'd lose a little, gain a little back, then get mad and completely give up. Trying not to get back into that cycle!! It's just frustrating.

ArtyKay
12-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh man, its cold here too. Snow in Texas!!!

drumroll.....I lost a pound!!!! down to 175. I'm trying not to be excited about that pound and not let the negativity gnomes into my head...Its hard not to get overwhelmed at how much there is left to lose.

Last night when I was going to bed all I could think was that I haven't lost anything in a few days...I actually gained a little. and maybe I should just give up because its too hard. Then I stepped on the scale today and was down almost a full pound!

I'm going to go into the kitchen now and try to rummage up something semi-healthy that fits into my calorie budget to take to work tonight.

dana813 I know what you mean about gaining 3-4 pounds from one meal out....I think its all the darn sodium that's in anything you eat at a restaurant...it just sticks to you. Don't get frustrated, just drink lots of water and try to make the best choices you can!

Diana3271
12-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I would like to share something that I am grateful for today . . . Sleep! It seems like my neighbor is on another shift or something. I don't even care! I am just so grateful that he hasn't woke me up and I have slept well for about a week now. I haven't slept well since they moved in several months ago. :tired:

Berry Hi :wave: I hope you had a productive day! I know you have been busy!

Larry How are things going with getting rid of the water weight?

Itsmyturn How are things going with DH working?

Shishkeberry Congrats to you and your DF for being smoke free! :bravo: Take it day by day. Make the best choices you can.

Solarplant Please don't feel like a failure. Take it one day at a time and do the best you can. If TTOM is going on, your hormones are probably fluctuating. They can make you feel like that. :hug:

Nevaeh1984 Congrats on the 10%! Keep up the great work.

Mamakat Great job on getting back to your low. Are you going to have time to be able to do some writing, soon?

Gma Great plan for the day! :bravo:

Misti Congrats on the 2 pounds. How did you do with the tricky situations today?

Andejean Sorry that you've had a rough start to your day. I hope things improved as the day went on. How did your observation go?

Moondance I hope your dentist appointment goes well today and it warms up there. Good grief that's cold!

Dana Do you count calories? If I go out to a restaurant, I try to stick to grilled protein and steamed veggies. At home I try not to use that many canned goods because of the sodium. If I have to use canned goods I will buy low sodium or no sodium. Keeep trying, you will get there.

Artykay Wow! Snow in TX? :brr: Congrats on the pound!

berryblondeboys
12-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Well, finally took all my too big clothes to Goodwill. All the 20s, 18s, 16s and 14s. There arer a few 12s I could donate, butnim not emotionally ready yet.

It was easy to leave the bigger sizes as those remind me of bad times... Of me feeling bad about myself and just feeling bad in general. But the smaller sizes were such a treat to get into that it's sad those clothes are already gone even though they were just cheap finds to get me by on this journey.

Of course, I realize I still have some things around the house that I need to go through, but I'm getting there. Now to get my bedroom back in order after having all those clothes sitting in baskets in my rooms or over a month.

Diana3271
12-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Berry Congrats on getting rid of those clothes. Just think, maybe someone else will come along and they will be used as transition clothes for them, too.

dana813
12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Dana Do you count calories? If I go out to a restaurant, I try to stick to grilled protein and steamed veggies. At home I try not to use that many canned goods because of the sodium. If I have to use canned goods I will buy low sodium or no sodium. Keeep trying, you will get there.

Yup, I do count calories. I typically lose weight if I'm eating between 1,300 and 1,600 per day. Over the weekend I went a little crazy eating out twice and going totally off plan so that's why the weight gain happened. Oh well, what's done is done. Today was a better day, I am at 975 calories today so far. Going to keep dinner right around 400 calories and work out for an hour tonight. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Congrats on getting rid of those clothes, Berry!

Misti in Seattle
12-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Misti I started out the same weight as you and I'm sooo much shorter...so I know it can be lost...you can do this :)

Thanks, mamakat! Yes, it can be done... just have to hang in there and do it.

Wow you have a LOT of carrots! :) Congratulations!!!:D

Gma4
12-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi...did not stay on plan today. There was a death of a dear elder member of our church this weekend. She had been in hospice care but I just found out about her death this morning. The funeral is tomorrow and I was asked to provide 3 veggie dishes for 75 people so needless to say I've been in the kitchen most of the day. I'm happy to do it and on the good side thank goodness I wasn't asked to do desserts. I love to cook and so grateful for the chance to provide for the family after the funeral. That said, how could I serve without some BLT's (bites, licks and tastes) Nothing too harmful...glazed carrots, greenbean casseroles and scalloped potatoes. I have not ventured too far off my plans had veggie soup for lunch with a wedge of laughing cow and pork skins. Then for dinner the chicken roast, I did have 3 bites of scalloped potatoes, and a bite of greenbean casserole and salad. Oh also, at the store today the clementine oranges have come in so I've had 3 of those. Have not gone to the gym today and won't as I got up at 4:30am and am now ready to go to bed. Sleep is more important to me than exercise tonight.
Hugs to everyone, you all are doing such an awesome job...keep it up!:?:

Diana3271
12-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Dana Congrats on having a better day! You can do it!

Gma Sorry about the loss. I know the family will appreciate the dishes you made.

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Meat loaf 500 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Lower Body Sculpt w/#10's
TF Fire 45 EZ

Misti in Seattle
12-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Way to go, everyone! Gma so sorry for your loss; it does not sound as if you did bad at all on your eating what with it being mostly veggies, etc.

Diana, looks as if you really have a great eating plan there! Good for you.

I did okay today too.

Starbucks caramel coffee Via with creamer (NOT good but was all the coffee/milk I had at work).. and I skipped a mid-morning snack.
Tuna salad packet (100 calories)
5 multigrain crackers (115 calories)
few chunks fresh pineapple.

Lunch - Marie Callender honey mustard chicken w/yams, broccoli, cauliflower

Munchies - a few pieces of raw cauliflower and red bell pepper

Mid-afternoon snack - Pineapple Greek yogurt (160)

Dinner: Leftover whole beans mixed with the steamed carrots/butternut squash/tomatoes
Leftover "mega" slaw loaded with veggies (LOL the big bowl of that stuff is almost gone)

Also had a bottle of pink grapefruit Perrier today (drank on it all day, along with my water)

I do tend to make a huge batch of the same thing and eat on it for a while, as you might notice. :)

I am bravely posting this at 5:40 PM, ha -- I will probably have a couple of small Satsuma oranges and more coffee later tonight.

All in all a successful day

mamakat
12-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Diana I did not get to writing... I started to gut the story and took notes on a different route...then life caught up to me and I had to put it down. I took along a new notebook for note taking while out and about. I had to go to New Haven today and was severely depressed after that. So I got home, ate my first meal of the day then went to bed hoping to forget life for awhile. I swear therapy makes me worse off. Apparently, I had a trigger last week though and have gone into a manic mode that I wasn't quite aware of until she pointed out things that I was doing. DH is supposed to be on the look out for such things, because I can't always recognize them when I'm in the mode. So now I'm strung out on all that. And I want to write! Maybe tomorrow :)

Good night.

Andejean
12-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Observation went great! The lesson was on the battlefield medicine of the Civil War, and I came in dressed as Clara Barton while my colleagues helped the kids ask "clara" questions. Apparently I'm a good actress. LOL. The teacher seemed impressed.
After the observation I went and picked up my Goddaughter and her sister so mom could go see their dad in the hospital. good news, they think they have it all figured out and there is a good chance their daddy can come home tomorrow. We'll still have a few days of babysitting duty while mommy's at work so daddy can recover in peace at home, but the good news is he is coming home!

Took the girls to the grocery store, where we saw Santa! That was quite the highlight of their day! Mine too. :-)

No girls tonight, mom has to work tomorrow, so she picked them up earlier this evening on her way home from the hospital, so I get to sleep in a little, then clean the house before I go teach another lesson. Tomorrow my colleague is dressing up as a Union soldier and sharing hard tack, then as a confederate soldier and sharing johnny cakes. Should be a fun time!

Sorry no personals.... semester ends Monday night :-)

ItsMyTurn
12-06-2011, 11:21 PM
I would like to share something that I am grateful for today . . . Sleep! It seems like my neighbor is on another shift or something. I don't even care! I am just so grateful that he hasn't woke me up and I have slept well for about a week now. I haven't slept well since they moved in several months ago. :tired:

Berry Hi :wave: I hope you had a productive day! I know you have been busy!

Larry How are things going with getting rid of the water weight?

Itsmyturn How are things going with DH working?

Shishkeberry Congrats to you and your DF for being smoke free! :bravo: Take it day by day. Make the best choices you can.

Solarplant Please don't feel like a failure. Take it one day at a time and do the best you can. If TTOM is going on, your hormones are probably fluctuating. They can make you feel like that. :hug:

Nevaeh1984 Congrats on the 10%! Keep up the great work.

Mamakat Great job on getting back to your low. Are you going to have time to be able to do some writing, soon?

Gma Great plan for the day! :bravo:

Misti Congrats on the 2 pounds. How did you do with the tricky situations today?

Andejean Sorry that you've had a rough start to your day. I hope things improved as the day went on. How did your observation go?

Moondance I hope your dentist appointment goes well today and it warms up there. Good grief that's cold!

Artykay Wow! Snow in TX? :brr: Congrats on the pound!
Diana - you are so sweet to ask. We are actually still trying to get our schedule adjustments down, work in progress. I have gotten to doing week's meals on the weekends to freeze/refrigerate, but since the elliptical is in the bedroom, haven't totally figured that part out yet - and of course getting the kids to their appointments has been interesting, :lol: Once it was 8pm and time for DH to wake up tonight, I made coffee, woke him up, put on workout clothes and hit the elliptical for a kicking workout. It's now 9:15ish though, so going to spend a bit of time cooling down, take a shower, and hit the bed... 3:30am comes early. Remember that friend that helped me so greatly by carpooling with me until I got my new car? She has fallen on financial hard times as of late, has not had money for gas, so she is now riding with me :) I pick her up in the morning, a bit out of the way, but she can't get to me like I did with her, so don't mind going a bit out of way to insure she keeps her job too. It's so nice when that "need" can be reversed and make you feel good :D
Oh!!!! On a side note: most of you (other than the newer faces... welcome, btw) know that my mom and I are doing this healthier lifestyle change together even though we live on opposite sides of the country. You also know she had been plateauing with me, so changed it up when I did, doing the same things I did. Well this past weekend I finally had week 2 of loss and entered the 180's... she was so excited for me, and was more determined to keep it up... she called me as soon as I got home from work today... she BROKE her plateau too and entered a new decade entering the 140s now!!! I was so happy and proud of her!!! I just had to share :)

To everyone else: I do apologize for the lack of personals lately and trying to reply to all who mention/tag/etc me :) The new people, if you hang out long enough, once things get figured out here, I promise I will do more personals and we can get to know each other better! I am trying to keep up on posts and love hearing of everyone's day and of the progress or changing methods everyone is using. For those frustrated due to gain or lack of loss, hang in there and I promise, you will get out of this what you put in - just sometimes the scale likes to make you sweat it :lol:
For those losing (and I have seen a lot of you)... CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy for you and sharing a happy dance with you! :dance:

As for right now, still crazy figuring schedules. I know it will be even more crazy when I get registered for college too on top of everything else, but since not officially starting until mid-end January, I am hoping I am secure enough in the changes to not need to check in daily at risk of falling out of line. Hoping I am at a point of comfort where I am secure in routine and knowing what I am doing will result in loss/health... for now... not quite there and reading often even when I can't post. You all ROCK!!!!!!

Misti in Seattle
12-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Diana, thanks for asking about today. This morning I woke up dreading the day but then reminded myself that my reactions are up to ME and no one else can make me miserable. So I decided to be happy, happy, happy... and just be cheerful, so I did.

To others... sorry I don't have time to do personals but I do read each of your posts and wish all of you the best of success!!

Oh... tonight for a snack I decided to have some glazed apples (from some I had bought frozen and thawed, leftover from before I started being good). They were AWFUL... all I could taste was the sugar, after three days of not eating anything junky.

Misti in Seattle
12-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Here it is 11 PM and aaaiyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am wanting FOOD! Which of course I do NOT need. NO NO NO NO NO

So I came here to post instead LOL No no I woooooooooooooooon't do it! :)

hlaoroo
12-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Hi everyone, I stumbled upon this thread and thought it sounded like a great idea. I have been on 3FC for awhile but haven't been very active (literally and figuratively hehe). I have been overweight most of my life and now that I am in my 40's I really feel it. There is so much I can't do or find I have trouble doing and quite frankly I am tired of it. The proverbial sick and tired of being sick and tired. I really don't have a plan so to speak, just continue making better choices when it comes to what I put in my body and to definately get more active. As a matter of a fact I would say that my main issue is not being active enough.

I am like you Misti :) I come on here to avoid boredom eating.

ArtyKay
12-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Good job resisting, Misti!

I stuck on plan today...or yesterday? I don't know, I work nights so its still technically tuesday for me.

Kind of an NSV for me...It came time for my evening snack and I didn't have it because I wasn't hungry!!! Of course I ate it later, but that's not the point. :p

hlaoroo-this place is a great weight loss tool in many many ways. Congrats on your 18 lbs lost so far!

still
12-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Hi everyone! I'm back!

Just got back from Disney the night before last, and it was mindblowingly amazing. I did make my goal weight before I left (162!) and I did totally ruin it on vacation ;) (167!) and I am totally ready to get started again. I should be back later for catch up, chitchat and personals, but for now, its off to work!

mamakat
12-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

DH is off to some other state, let around 4am. I'm glad we have cell phones now as most of time I don't even know where he goes. I remember when I used to call hotels after work hours to talk to him. Now we text whenever...aw, technology :)

Still glad you're back. Did you have a good time? How did your son like it?

Misti good idea coming here when you are wanting to eat...how did it work? I used to be a boredom eater. I used to eat for all emotions. The only thing I wasn't was a social eater...everything else, look out :p

Arty that's a good NSV if you ask me. Not eating when you're not hungry is really hard for some of us. Some people might shrug it off and say "so what's the big deal" but there are some of us who will eat whatever if it's right in front of us. I have always been a convenience eater. I hate preparing food so whatever was on hand I'd eat (whether hungry or not). Most times that's junk food or process food which of course, I no longer keep in the house, let alone eat. Good job :)

hlaoroo :welcome: and congrats on the 18lbs down. :)

ItsMyTurn College!? Where will you fit that in? Holy cow, woman, I swear you must have a wonder woman gene in you! Congrats on breaking into the new decades (to you and your mom). So cool the two of you are doing this together. You're awesome and as usual, inspire me. I wish I had an ounce of your stamina and persistence. :)

Well I'm off to start my morning cab service. I've been reading Catcher in the Rye to my son. It seems to now be the talking point at my therapy sessions. Of all books to relate to. Its so awkward to read it to a 15 year old boy, but I do what I must. My son did say he answered a few questions at school right even without reading the said chapters. I think life is finally sinking in for him, he has always been a bit naive about things...maybe good old Holden Caulfield is teaching him something and all.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!

ItsMyTurn
12-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Misti - It's amazing how when we "untrain" our bodies to like something, how it will react when given it later. Great job staying away from the additional food and knowing how to prevent yourself from going there :)

hlaoroo - :welcome: If this keeps you from doing boredom eating, then it's a functioning tool! :) Love it!

ArtsyKay - Great job staying on plan! If that snack that you were not hungry for is usually a trigger for more food to follow than needed, than it's a HUGE NSV :) I am so happy that you hit an achievement :)

Nikki!!!!! So glad to have ya back!!! You have so got to tell us all about your adventures at the happiest place on earth :D I wouldn't worry about the gain, it was from being at Disney and with that stimulus out of the way, it won't continue on the upward trend, so you are all set. Hope you made some amazing memories there!!!!!

ItsMyTurn
12-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Mamakat - Catcher in the Rye was one of the FEW assigned books I actually was able to get through myself in high school - loved it. Been so long now, but remember it not being "old english" and actually having a story that made all of the symbolism more fun to find :)
I have no idea where I am fitting it in, to be honest. Last year I was all enrolled though based on the promise of me being able to do work at home. I figured you cut out my 2 hours commute (1 hr each way) and that allows a good sum of time, combined with hour of lunch to work on assignments, etc. Then work told me no to the work-at-home program (after I bought the house and enrolled in college.... ummm... really???). Since I have been looking for a position that would transition to work-at-home and have been unsuccessful landing one. Now - totally tired of waiting for the pieces to fall into place for me to do what I need to do - my son is turning 18 in 10 days... I think I have put it off long enough :) So, one way or another, I will fit it in the schedule. Full time student, full time worker, commuter, parent of 3, etc... I love that moms wear so many hats! :) It can never get boring!!! :lol:

Diana3271
12-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Good Morning! :wave: Have a great one!

I'll be back later to chat. This morning I have an appointment with the heat/air guy to check/do maintenance to our units. We also have a Rinnai hot water heater and an under house dehumidifier that they have to check. Don't want any of those necessities breaking down. ;)

Hmm, my body isn't happy about something. I always have a gain when we go to the restaurant that we went to last night. DH wanted to go to somewhere "different". I don't like different, different causes me to have problems. On top of that I haven't been to the bathroom in a couple of days. I'm not sure what's going on. I can feel that my fingers are swollen. I haven't made in changes in the style or the amount I am eating. I'm not ruling out a minor allergic reaction either. Something weird is definitely going on with me.

Weigh In: 148.4
Up: 2 pounds

hlaoroo Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congrats on your weight loss!

berryblondeboys
12-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Morning all!

Still glad you had an amazing time and yay on reaching your goal before leaving for vacation! And much of that extra 5 pounds is probably water weight, so you'll be back to 162 and lower before you know it.

Itsmyturn college too? Wow..... But take it slow, ok? I might be doing something similar soon. Thinking of going back to get my teaching certificate.

Diana sorry something is messing with you. It's amazingnhownour bodies react. Speaking of reacting. Donyoubthi k you finally did pinpoint your allergies to nuts? Does it also include legumes? You haven't mentioned any reaction for a long time, so that must be good news?

Mamakat have fun playing taxi. I'll be doing a fair bit of that myself today and tons of laundry. Like tons and tons and tons. Ugh!

ItsMyTurn
12-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Diana - Sorry to hear of the mysterious water gain. That's what it has to be to have the swelling. Hopefully that will dissipate for you soon!

Melissa - I think you getting teacher certificate would be great :) Yes... I am going back to college full time. I will still remain working full time as well, but have put it off long enough. One thing I have learned from doing the weight loss is that if you want something bad enough, you have to stop waiting for the doors to open to grab at it... you have to just knock the doors down :) Not sure how I am going to swing it yet, but it will happen and it will improve the standing of our family at the end, so will be totally worth it!

Diana3271
12-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I decided to take an Allegra this morning in case I am having an allergic reaction. We'll see how things go the next couple of days.

Andejean I'm glad the observation went well. It sounds like work is kinda fun for you right now. Enjoy!

Misti You had a great day, yesterday. Do you drink decaf coffee or regular at night? Great job on the good attitude. That can make a huge difference for you.

Itsmyturn It will take take to get the schedules in sync. Once you get it figured out . . . . . things will change again. ;) I'm glad you are able to help out with your friend. But, 3:30? That's insane! Sending some extra "energy" your way. :carrot: Right after DH and I got married I dropped out of college. Years later I decided to go back. There were times that I thought I was going crazy and didn't know how I was going to get through each day. I did it though! One of my proudest moments of my life was when I walked across that stage to accept my degree/diploma. When I went back, I only took one class at a time. Most of my classes were the fast forward classes though. We also had 3 business (ran out of this one shop) and employees (that made me nuts :dizzy:).

Artykay Great job sticking to your plan!

Still Welcome back! I think you did great with your weight! I agree the gain is probably water weight.

Mamakat I hope you have a fantastic day, too. Hang in there with the therapy. Now, if you could get your riders (in your taxi service) to tip you. ;)

Berry I have been doing pretty well with the allergy since I have been avoiding, peanuts, all legumes (including soy), tree nuts, and coconut. If I think about it, it seems like I have a "perfect storm" situation going on. It started on Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving - Higher calories, carbs, sodium
Sunday after Thanksgiving - calories were fine, but I had some pretzels, which were high sodium and high carb
Last Wednesday Japanese restaurant -Food was made with soy sauce (allergen), high sodium, high carb, calories were OK
Last Friday - Olive Garden - High sodium
Last night - High sodium

I always have a small reaction from the soy sauce at the Japanese restaurant. I normally recover quicker. I think all of these events have been building and compounding on top of each other. I took an antihistimine this morning. We'll see how it goes.

Moondance
12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
These were part of a larger e-mail of pictures in my inbox this morning.
I got a kick out of them! (click on the pic to enlarge!)

ItsMyTurn
12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Diana - Sounds like you sure had a full plate! :) I have to do full time and not a class at a time in order to receive the tuition reimbursement unfortunately. Otherwise I would not have put off so long waiting for a work-at-home position BEFORE doing this. Since I now know that it is not going to happen, I have to follow through on this now to get the ball rolling. I bet that was a very proud day for you!!!! You juggled a lot to make it happen and earned that degree! :) We will get there as far as schedules. I have done schooling and work before while DH worked nights when we were in Maine, but those were all technical school certifications, none taking over a year and a half, and none where I had to incorporate a commute time - so adjustment period will just mean some things get prioritized :) Then hopefully, in a future post, I can proudly tell you how I got to collect my degree too :)

Diana3271
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Moondance Ha Ha Tapeworms? Maybe I will continue to count calories. :rofl:

Itsmyturn Can any of your other classes get applied toward your new degree?

Misti in Seattle
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
More later... just rushing through.

EEEEEEK I am heading out to a Christmas goodie exchange with my peeps. Be sure to ask me how I did when I get back so I know I will have to tell. :O) I think I am going to stop and buy a bag of Satsumas or something to take.

Diana3271
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Hot coffee w/sweet 'n low & cream (hoping to get my stomach moving) 50 calories
1/2 piece bread 50 calories
Grilled Chicken 400 Calories
2 Servings Steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Diana3271
12-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Misti How did the Christmas Goodie Exchange go? ;)

Misti in Seattle
12-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Misti How did the Christmas Goodie Exchange go? ;)

Actually I haven't left yet... I got off work early today so had more time than I thought. It is only 5:10 PM but seems much later.

I am determined not to blow it though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Misti in Seattle
12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I love your ticker and seeing it and owning it I think only helps with the journey. And you already have a new start and with one day at a time, before you know it, you'll be there.

Thanks! And you are right, of course. It was just hard because the old one I had here from before said 238 or something like that ha. :) But oh well... it is what it is.

You are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work.

Diana3271
12-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Actually I haven't left yet... I got off work early today so had more time than I thought. It is only 5:10 PM but seems much later.

I am determined not to blow it though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

Stay strong and make the best decisions that you can.

berryblondeboys
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Mamakat I figured you could relate. I got way behind on laundry. I just folded 123 pairs of socks and I still have 31 singletons. Some are in the wash, but I think I have about 20-25 mateless socks. We have been grabbing rom a laundry basket for clean socks for over a month. It's ridiculous!

Andejean
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM
had an awesome day with a few weird happenings... Got up early to get a head start on cleaning the house for when my cousin visits for "Most Awesome Cousin Weekend", got the laundry finished, but not nearly as much cleaning as I intended, so tomorrow will be hectic and busy, and we'll have the girls too, so it should prove challenging.

Today we taught a lesson on the soldiers conditions of the civil war. The kids had a chance to interview a "Union soldier" and a "Confederate Soldier" (My colleague dressed as both), I video taped it for him, and WOW, I only wish I had video of mine too, because the three of us really put on a cool show these last three days! :)

Tomorrow is a debate on the sides of Slavery - half the kids will be northern abolitionists, and half will be southern slave owners, and they will have to defend their "point of view" in a debate. Should prove interesting!

On the way home, the battery light came on in the car I was driving (borrowed bonus son's car since my fuel pump is still out). I was worried I wouldn't make it home, and had to skip the grocery store to ensure my safe return. Made it home fine, turned off the car, fired it back up, and the battery light was out... hmmph. Honey says he checked it out, and it's fine, probably a diode acting up... He also went out to try and fix my fuel pump again. The pesky bolt that is impossible to remove is still impossible to remove, but he discovered he can get the same thing done bby cutting a $5 hose. So we have to replace the hose, but $5 is much better than paying the mechanic to remove that bolt! :-) Over all, a very happy day, but today I am in what I hope is the worst day of an icky icky cold/flu thing...

dinner was grilled salmon filet with a small baked potato, and green beans. I lose points for sour cream... :-(

solarplant
12-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi all!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement the other day. :)

I took note of everything I ate yesterday and today. I ate 1700 on both days. So now, tomorrow i'll shoot for 1500 and just get back to the 1300-1400 I was at before.

I still feel a little down and my TTOM just won't go away. It's definitely a weird month for me in that area.

I still haven't decided on a job. I am waiting to hear some news (negotiations) on Friday so then we'll see where I am at.

I haven't had a job for a month now! The month went by quickly and I still haven't run out of things to do. I am playing catch up on all the things I had to do around the house and to do for myself. I need to get a hair cut. I'll see if they can fit me in tomorrow!

I did run 4 miles yesterday and I ran 4 miles today. My left knee is officially a little sore, so no running tomorrow, maybe just rowing class. :)

I promise i'll take time to do personals tomorrow. Tonight I am just going to go ice my knee for a little bit and read.

Thanks everyone for continued support and welcome new people!

Nazza000
12-08-2011, 12:42 AM
First off, Hey! I'm Nat.
I came across this thread and thought it would be an awesome way to stay accountable :)
Well since I'm from Australia I work in kilos, so I'll translate into pounds as well so people can understand my weight loss.
Anyway, I'm 18 and officially started my first (real) diet a week and 4 days ago (I know it's sad I'm counting). I'm on a system called Body Trim, which I would heartily recommend as it had helped me lose 4 kilos (9 pounds) already! I'm so happy I could cry, actually.
I need to explain it to you otherwise my diet won't make sense. Okay, the system works on having 3 protein snacks between meals everyday, between 50 and 100 grams and 3 protein meals of 100 grams plus unlimited salad+veggies. You do this for 5 consecutive days and on the sixth day you have a free days which means you can eat whatever you want for breakfast and lunch (as long as you keep having your protein snacks) and the3 seventh day you have a protein only day, where you have six meals of only protein. The system works on firing up your metabolism and eliminating plateaus with the high calorie day, followed by the low calorie one.
Now that that's explained, today was my protein only day after yesterday's free day. I've had lean meat meals and tuna and eggs for my snacks. I still need to do my 10,000 steps and drink another litre of water, but once I do that, I should be done for the day.
So far, it's been a good day.

ArtyKay
12-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Welcome, Nat! Congrats on the 9 pounds, that's awesome!

I did pretty well today...there was a nice surprise at the office. I work in a county courthouse, and they're doing a "Mistletoe Maintenance" month. They're challenging all employees to not gain more than 2 pounds over the holidays. My office isn't part of it, unfortunately, so I can't join in on the weigh ins (I work in the Sheriff's Office, which is connected to but not part of the courthouse)...but they gave us a big fruit basket to put on the coffee bar.

Finally, a holiday goodie I can actually partake in! I had a banana for my evening snack. :) And I think it tasted even better because it was in the place where there are usually cookies and candies...

Misti in Seattle
12-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi Nat... welcome! Nice to have you here.

I did great tonight. I had coffee with the "bad" creamer but they were out of milk. I had a really small serving of the most delicious dark chocolate cookie crumb/peppermint/marshmallow cream dessert, and one Satsuma orange. Came home and had four apple slices.

It was a wonderful evening. We sat around the piano and sang hymns and Christmas songs. Spectacular.

Nazza000
12-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Thanks Arty and Misty!
I'm happy to be here :)
Okay, daily recap:
Breakfast: 2 egg (1 yolk) lean bacon omelette
Protein Snack: 2 pieces of lean bacon
Lunch: Steak with black bean sauce
Protein Snack 2: 65 gram protein bar
Dinner: 2 lean beef meatballs, half serve of Mongolian beef
Protein snack 3: 1 hard boiled egg

Exercise: 30 minutes on the treadmill at a high grade
Water consumption: 2 litres\

Note: I included water in my recap because studies have shown it to be one of the pivotal factors when losing weight, it helps boost your metabolism and flush your system of excess salts which can cause plateau's.

I think people should start listing their water consumptions as well if they want, its an element of weight loss that is often neglected, what do you think?

mamakat
12-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well I'm down another pound bringing me to 71lbs lost, so I definitely hit the 70lb goal :D I only need 2 more lbs until I hit the singles...the big count down to Onderland. I'm getting very excited about it. I really wanted it before this year was up, but I know realistically that's not going to happen, but I should see sometime in Jan of 2012.

Berry I have no idea how we lose so many socks in this house. Well OK, I do. It's no longer the washer that steals them...most of the time its the dog. I have two places I keep spares (one in a tote in my room and a box downstairs). I have 5 black socks that have no mate still waiting and I've had them for 2 years! I think I have to admit, the mates have gone and left us :p I haven't done laundry in days...I'm so behind again. Maybe today...maybe :lol:

Misti your night sounds lovely, glad you had a good time.

Nazza :welcome: it's not sad that you are counting the days...I think, in a way we all do. In fact one the 'chicks' here just celebrated her one year mark. Good job on the kilos down. Keep up the great work.

solarplant I hope your knee feels better soon.

I can't remember when I last walked. I don't think I've done any exercise this week. I seriously can't remember and I'm shocked it's already Thursday. I didn't get all my calories in yesterday due to being immersed in writing :p sometimes I forget there's a reality world when I'm lost in that one. So I cheated by eating just empty calories...whipped cream in a cup :lol: I had two cups. I kept calculating and saying I needed more. I really couldn't put anymore solids in. Whipped cream is not a cheat for me, but it's not the best way to get calories either and I still came under by nearly 500. Maybe that's why I have a severe headache this morning...or it could be I was clicking away on a computer :shrug: well I'll work on it today. :D

I hope you have a wonderful and healthy day!

jomatho
12-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Wow, I see lots of new "faces" here, that's so nice!
Sorry I have been MIA, a lot going on in my life, more about that as it develops, and I have been in a TOM funk for the better part of a week, that sucked.
I just read back a couple days and a few things stood out,
Berry, you took your clothes off to Goodwill the same day I went to Goodwill and bought a few things :lol:
I found the cutest pr. of jeans, barely worn, if at all. You guys were right, I look so much better in jeans that fit me. I can't stop turning around and looking at my butt in the mirror! I also bought some much needed cardigan like sweaters, I was really lacking warm clothing that fit me. I found some lovely things in barely worn (if at all) condition. One is an evergreen color open hole knit sweater I will probably wear on Christmas because it is so pretty! Also a couple blouses, both with the tags on. I was a happy camper, left with over 200 dollars worth for 30 dollars! I wanted to shop longer, but ran out of time. If it doesn't fit me in a couple months, I will just donate it back. My friend was telling me about another "upscale" resale shop downtown, so I will be hitting that next, :lol, I am addicted!

So I liked the fit of the jeans so much, I decided to use them as a "pattern" to alter my huge ones and it worked!!!!! I followed a tutorial online if anyone is interested I will put the link up. They are cute as can be, from 18w to cute!!! I wish I would have taken pictures of them on me before and after, maybe I will for the next pr. I do. So now I have another pr. of jeans and a pr. of khaki-like jeans I am going to do the same thing to. I will be styling for the winter. I have also been busy taking a lot of my tops in on the sides and up from the length, what a difference that makes. Oh, and I also found a way to alter my pea coat, woohoo, I almost donated that last fall, but didn't know if I would want to buy a new one before goal weight, glad I didn't. I think these alterations will get me through the winter and then hopefully by summer I can start buying a new wardrobe. I am already thinking about how I can alter all those clothes I bought for my trip last spring, hehe!!!
Mamakat, you are doing great, congrats on getting past that 70 pound mark, that is wonderful and there is not a large proportion of the population that can say they have lost 70 pounds! You are of an elite club :lol:
ItsMyTurn, wow, you are so busy you make my head spin. Good for you for the decision to go back to school, you will never regret that.

So that's what I have been up to to keep my mind occupied and to get me through the hormones.
I don't really have any weight loss goals through the rest of this year, I will be happy to lose a few, but maintaining will be fine with me too. We will be traveling for part of it and staying with family, so who knows what will happen. I'll just do the best I can. The last time I lost weight, it was for a wedding and we went and stayed with this family, I had just gotten under 200 and then blew it with the trip and afterwards I just gave up. That will not happen this time!!!

berryblondeboys
12-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Jomatho so good to see you! And I get you with the TTOM funk. I was in a bad funk this past TTOM too. Hormones stink!

And how awesome to be able to alter your clothes! I can sew sorta and have a good machine, but I was scared to try. Though, I have some clothes I really like now and if I get too small for them, I might want to take some of them in.

Mamakat so close to onederland. That is so awesome!!!

Nazza Welcome!!!

Misti I would say your cookie exchange get together was a success in every way. Sounds lovely.

Solarplant good luck with the negotiations. I'm a stay at home home and I still don't get all the things done that I want to get done!

Diana3271
12-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a wonderful day!

Quick post. I need some breakfast! I will be back later for personals!

I am 99.9% sure I am having an allergic reaction. I took the Allegra yesterday. I will continue to take it for a few days. I am aware of the soy sauce at the Japanese restaurant could be a culprit. It never reacts this badly since I have cut out so many other legumes and nuts. I must have consumed an allergen and not aware of it. Saturday I was craving curry. I made curried chicken and cabbage for myself at lunch. I made it very plain and just used some curry powder. None of the ingredients stood out to be a problem for me. :dunno: It is what it is. Now I just need to get through it. I remember when I was going through this 1 - 1 1/2 years ago. I was eating tons of green beans, fresh sugar snap peas, etc. I would have a major gain overnight and struggle for the next week with a swollen face and lips. Now that I have figured this much out, I seem to be doing a lot better. Still frustrating although it could be so much worse.

Weigh In: 148

Nat Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congrats on your loss! Keep it going!

Larry H
12-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Berry, you took your clothes off to Goodwill the same day I went to Goodwill and bought a few things :lol:

I save time and do both. We have a Goodwill Super Store and I go to the back door and drop off a donation of my too large for me clothes. Then I walk around to the front door and buy more. Goodwill is making out like a bandit!

I will post more shortly.

Larry

Misti in Seattle
12-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Well, my Christmas goodie share was a success in that I LOST a pound. Yippeeeee

Wishing everyone a successful day

mamakat
12-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Funny NSV

DH parked behind me this morning so I had to use his car (it was mine originally). I hopped behind the wheel and tried to reach the gas pedal...I couldn't! I realized something super funny (in both a weird way and a haha way). When my butt was bigger it put me closer to the steering wheel and gas pedal, but now 70lbs later, I sit further away! I hadn't been paying attention as I just had to made small adjustments during the loss. But this was the first time in a year I've been in Jade (yep, car has a name :)). I really had to move the seat way forward and adjust all the mirrors...I'm so short :p I thought that was funny and interesting and cool.

Oh and I left it all that way as a punishment to hubby for blocking Azul (yep, my car has a name too :p). I didn't even warn him when he left :rofl: I'm mean.

OK, now I want to go to Goodwill. I'm down to 2-16's and 3-18's and the 18's are getting big. I have tons of stuff to donate too. Man, I really have to get some new clothes. I got some long sleeve (men) shirts for winter. I bought XL because they are for a 42-46 chest (and dang it, this is the only place I'm not losing!) but now these shirts are like night gowns on me. It's so bizarre. Last week, I tried a button down that I wore as an outer shirt (because it didn't button :() Well now it goes down to my knees and I could wear it as a wrap around robe :rofl: I still can't get over how I'm shrinking out of clothes...now if only my chest would shrink too!

Jomatho so glad to see you back. you do sound busy. I wish I could alter clothes. I have the stuff to do, just not the knowledge or patience.

Larry good morning.

Diana does the allergy pill work with swelling?

berryblondeboys
12-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Mamakat that is an awesome NSV. One of our cars had a name. Our 4 year old at the time (now 15) named our gold Saturn station wagon Alidar (from the movie Dinosaurs). I'm guessing Jade is a green vehicle and Azul is blue?

Misti yay on the pound!

Diana sorry you are having an allergic reaction, but I'm happy that it is much less frequent for you now!

Larry, Jomatho and Mamakat I tried to do the drop off and find new but my goodwill stinks. I found two things, but their fit was off. I mean, they fit (size 10 pants) but they were sooooooooo high waisted that they went all the way up to my boobs... So not flattering. Instead I crossed the parking lot and went to Marshall's and picked up two size 10s from the clearance rack for $10 each (one pair was originally $80 and the other $75). We too have a new consignment store down the street. I should check it out and maybe try to sell some of this stuff instead of donating all the time.

On an unrelated note, I was really craving potato chips. I made that my breakfast. Probably not the wisest choice, but I'm beginning to learn the "if you want this, you have to give up this" trick. Before I would just eat the chips and the normal meals for the day. Now I am keeping track! I haven't had chips in a year, so why the craving now? Weird!

berryblondeboys
12-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I haven't done any formal exercise for a couple weeks. I've been tearing my house part room by room. Dude. The problem with a big house is that there's just more space to squirrel away clutter! So far I've gutted and reorganized the craft room, my sons' two rooms and the master bedroom (which was a disaster). Now I'm working on the mud room and to do the mud room, I'll have to do the front closet too and part of the kitchen and the mud room and front closet are a big mess too. Last to remain will be getting rid of a few things in the garage and then the storage room in the basement after all this swapping around of stuff ends.

Every night I'm falling into bed exhausted. Yikes!

ItsMyTurn
12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Melissa - sure sounds like a workout to clean out all those areas :) I have a large home too, 3428sq ft... 5 bd, 2 masters, 3 1/2 baths, etc... 3 car garage (which seems to be the "ditch" spot for things without a home, lol)... so can't imagine if I made it a project to clean out... oy. I bet that's more effective than lifting weights at this point :)

Mamakat - you are so close to Onederland!!! I can't wait to put on a party hat and celebrate with ya!!!!! What a great NSV! DH and I also named our cars (ok, I named them both, lol) and everyone refers to them by name, even my parents when they are here. His car is Mona, and mine is Blurple :D My cars all get names cause I have to spend so much time in them that they deserve to be a bit more personal :D

Diana - hope the Allegra is helping? Is it possible your sensitivity to the sauce is just getting higher as time goes on? DH had a "allergy sensitivity" to a preservative used in mayo, creamy dressings, etc...and now... now if he has even a nibble, his throat closes up, he can't breathe, he starts immediately trying to "eject" (nicest word I could think of) it from inside him and we end up at ER.... it started fairly mild and got real bad over just the course of 6 yrs. Maybe??
And no, none of my courses already taken can be applied. However, I do have option to "test out of" a couple of the classes... but.... not sure I am going to and here is why. 1) tuition reimbursement through my company is only applied to actual classes, not testing fees 2) the testing out is $300 each.... class tuition is $900 each class- with 80% tuition reimbursement, it's actually cheaper for me to take each class. If it wasn't for the financial aspect, I would try to test out of ... I think it was like 5 classes I had option to for "true to life experience measure" and "previous class experience".

Jo - Great to see you!!!! You sound busy :) Prepping for the holidays is rough when you know you will be out of your element, hold strong and you will do fine, nothing but faith in you for that

Larry - That's a good way to consolidate the trips to GoodWill :) :lol: Always better to drop off first, then you get the 20% off coupon to go in and use :D

Misti - Great job on the pound down!!!! :cheer: Nicely done!

Everyone else :wave: Hello and great to see you!!!! Everyone stay on track today and have a super on-plan day!!!!

berryblondeboys
12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Ugh potato chip breakfast is not sitting well on my gall bladder less gut. Yuck. Well, I won't be doing that again! How did I eat an entire bag of chips almost every day just a year ago?

ItsMyTurn
12-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Melissa - it's amazing what our bodies become accustomed to when we are making right decisions. It seems it actually knows when things are toxic now instead of craving more, they make us pay when we consume them

ArtyKay
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I've noticed that in the past, when I've spent a long time on plan that my trigger foods don't taste right, and they make me sick! So, Melissa, that's awesome! Not that you feel sick, but that you can't eat like you used to anymore!

I had pizza for lunch...after having it for lunch and dinner yesterday! :nono: But I only had one piece and I stayed on plan calorie-wise yesterday....oh well. I'll try to scrounge up something healthier for dinner and evening snack before I go to work.

ItsMyTurn
12-08-2011, 07:13 PM
ArtyKay - That's great that you fit it into your calories. Anything is good in moderation, we just have to recalculate for the treats once in awhile :)

Misti in Seattle
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Mamakat, LOL about the car seat... what a great NSV!!!

I'm just passing through again tonight... a community dinner at church; then tomorrow night Christmas Dessert Theater. Yikes, I NEVER have three in a row like this. I made it through #1 (last night party) without blowing it; two more to go!!!!!

Congratulations on all the victories here!

Diana3271
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Mamakat I enjoyed hearing about that NSV! Good stuff! Congrats on the pound, but try to get those calories in. The Allegra seems to help with all my symptoms. I have seen times that I was so bloated and miserable that I felt like I was going to blow up. I took the Allegra and within 2 hours or so I started peeing. It was such a relief. The only thing is that the lesions in my mouth still takes time to heal. That's how I knew I was having a reaction this time. It felt like my tongue was burning yesterday. I had DH to shine a light in my mouth and I am starting to get sores on the rear of my tongue. Also, the inside of my lips are starting to break out. My lips are already feeling better. :carrot:

Jomatho Glad to see you check in. Sorry about the hormones. Did you ever try the Evening Primrose Oil. If you did, I assume it takes time to work. Have you tried the Cyclease PMS?

Larry Hi :wave: Is the extra water weight gone?

Berry I think all of that work around the house counts for exercise. Sorry about the chips weighing heaving in your stomach.

Itsmyturn This crazy allergy thing I have developed about 1 1/2 years ago. I am so grateful that I don't anaphylactic shock like your DH has. That's bad! Hopefully it won't get any worse. Has your DH been tested? Do you know exactly what it is?

Artykay Great job staying in your calorie range in the face of pizza!

Misti Have fun tonight! Hmm, I think I could do some damage at a Christmas Dessert Theater. :drool:

Diana3271
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Total Approx 1310 Calories + :coffee:

My calories are a little lower than I normally eat. I thought the calories for the meal was 550 calories. I looked at the Applebee's site and it seems the calories are less. It's too late to eat more.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (570 Calories)
Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos w/red potatoes & broccoli 470 Calories
Extra Broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
Katina Hunter's Interval Party 2
Shape Bikini Body Camp Transforming Workout (Sculpt workout w/#8's & #10's)

agoin1
12-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I am new here, but I really need some help and support. I have really gone downhill since Thanksgiving. I am not sure what happened. I had been doing fine for about six weeks before. I am now at 202 which is two pounds below what I was before Thanksgiving, so I got the 3 lbs I gained back off. I cannot get my food back in order. Today I had chicken nachos from petros, a serving of doritos, a clementine, and skinny cow dreamy clusters. I have no idea why I am eating all this bad food. Please help!

still
12-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Good evening, chicks and Larry!

I'm slowly working my way back into normal eating following disney, which is nice. I haven't started recounting calories yet, though. That's for tomorrow.

Breakfast- Kashi go lean cereal and hot tea with splenda
Snack- two mini cinnamon rolls at work
Lunch- a sloppy joe, mixed fruit, and cantelope
Snack- popcorn
Dinner- grilled cheese and tomato soup
and I'm winding down with a cup of hot camomile tea

So my food looks decent and fairly normal, now just gotta track calories. And get my behind back to the gym!

My goal for this week is to go to the gym at least on Saturday, maybe Sunday as well. And to start tracking again. But I'm getting there!

agoin1- hello! This is a great place for accountability, so welcome and keep posting here!

diana3271- hello! I'm so sorry you are having a reaction. But I'm glad the Allegra seems to help a bit.

misti- great job making it through party 1! Good luck with the Dessert Theater- that sounds both heavenly and downright dangerous!

artykay- great job staying on plan calorie-wise! As a calories counter and a pizza lover, I don't think pizza is inherently bad for you- its an overabundance of pizza that does the damage! I've cut back from 3 or 4 pieces to 1 piece plus salad or something when we have pizza here. I'm not sure I could ever give it up entirely.

Melissa- I ask myself that frequently. How is it that we used to be able to tolerate such quantities of such foods?? I also used to be able to put away entire bags of chips. I'm sorry that they revolted on you like that.

ItsMyTurn- hello!

mamakat- what a funny NSV! Yay for the amazing shrinking behind!

Larry, jomatho, and everyone else I missed- hello!

Take care, everyone, and have a great on plan day!

berryblondeboys
12-08-2011, 10:56 PM
My house hasn't been in this good of shape ever I think... Not since we moved in anyway. First we had 6 months of remodeling and so much work around the house. Then I felt like crap as my health was falling apart and I wasn't sleeping. Then I got my health back in order, but let the house slide... Now it's getting it all together. None of this surface cleaning only, but tearing apart every drawer, every cabinet, every cupboard as I go through the house. Just a bit more to do in the basement and then I've done the entire freaking house in about 3 weeks! With basement (which is mostly finished) we have almost 4000 square feet. Without basement it's 2800 square feet. And 500 of those are my mother in laws spaces and she takes care of here bedroom, bathroom and living room.

Andejean
12-08-2011, 10:58 PM
hello ladies!

Again, no counting calories, because it's been so long I keep forgetting. Tomorrow my cousin is coming into town for "Super awesome cousin weekend" so I don't think I want to count the calories from our fish fry or greasy spoon breakfast... I know I shouldn't, but I know I will...

Cecil is outside still (9:50 Pm) trying to fox my truck. We got all the parts, and now he's just trying to get it all put back together in the cold. I always feel bad when he has to spend his evenings that way because the cars always seem to break when I drive them... oh well, it should all be okay once it gets running!

No gym tonight again - my schedule is just so hectic, there is literally no time for the gym. Monday is when my portfolio is due, so Tuesday at the gym is a must.

Today's lesson was on slavery and the underground railroad. I think the topic really hit the kids hard - they were very somber at the end of the day. I asked half the class to take the viewpoint of the slave owners, and I really don't think they liked it. I think it was a good exercise in learning from the past though.

Tomorrow we talk about the ironclad ships! :-)

mamakat
12-08-2011, 11:18 PM
For fun, I tried on a pair of my daughter's pants (junior 17). They are too big for her right now...they fit! I put them on and danced around. I'm wearing my kid's pants. Of course they're too low cut for my big old saggy belly, but they fit! Got them buttoned and everything, with ease. I am so loving this. It's a great reward in itself.

I did not make calories today. I had my shake and thought, I'd have lunch, but ended up walking for 85 mins. When I got home, I crashed. DS called and asked where I was, so I had to hurry to pick him up. I was supposed to have washed his sweater today, but didn't get to it, so I took him to buy another one. I bought a pair of pants on clearance too. I get them on easily around the waist and butt, but they are tight on my thighs (skinny jeans). So it will be fun to watch as they start to fit.

After we came home, I crashed again. I woke up to find out that my entire family had been looking for me since 3.30 (it was 7.30 when I found this out). I had to park on a different street b/c of road work so DD thought I had gone out shopping. She asked DS where I had gone, he said he didn't know. She says she checked my room (I was under a large comforter). SO when DH got home she told him no one knew where I was. :rofl: I was here the whole time. They all ran up to the room to give me their side of the story. I just smiled and said "here I am." I guess I was tired :D

Have a good night everyone.

SMess
12-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Hello all,

I'm not really a new poster to this thread, but it's been about six months since I've visited 3FC. I lost my mom this past July, to breast cancer. I'd been taking care of her for some time, and she'd just started to take a turn for the better; but when I went downstairs one morning, she didn't wake up. I'm incredibly grateful for what was a peaceful and painless passing. But she was only 50, and I'd just turned 22. It was, and is, hard.

I'm proud of the changes I've made since then - I moved to California in September (I'm a PA native) and have just finished my first quarter of grad school. I'm thankful, in a way, that I had something to throw myself into that would keep me from having too much idle time. I taught as a TA for the first time, and I have to say that I am head over heels in love with teaching. Davis, the town where I live, is known as the biking capital of the country - I invested in a good bike, sold my car, and haven't looked back. I fell off the wagon pretty hard for a while, but California is such a health-conscious place that I've been slowly getting back on track. So far I'm down 30 pounds and 17 inches from where I started last May.

It's so wonderful to see how much has changed while I was away - so many skinny faces! And it's nice, too, to see so many new folks who have become part of the fold. This place was a really great resource for me when I first started this journey, and I'm confident that it will be again.

In short: I missed you all while I was away, and it already feels great to be back!

ArtyKay
12-09-2011, 02:10 AM
SMess I'm sorry about your mom. My deepest condolences.

I did alright today. Well under my normal calorie limit, but in the past two days I've had 3 meals of pizza. Small meals though!!! I agree, still, I could never give up pizza.

Ugh, strange day at work. I know that in my line of work I'm going to have to deal with...I hate to say stupid, so not so bright people, but I had more than my share of it tonight, and I'm so glad my shift is over. I love my job, but I get plenty of headaches.

Oh well. at least law enforcement pays well. :rofl:

nevaeh1984
12-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Hi everyone!

mamakat, I think using your teenage kid's pants is a great NSV!!!

I've updated my mini goal pics on the mini goal sectio, click here if u wanna see a little less flab than there was before. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/248439-mini-goal-10-body-weight-off.html#post4133423)

I'm totally counting the days till my vacation!!! Two weeks left! which pretty much means two weeks to maximize weight loss before the xmas fatty food monster visits.

Has anyone tried those pills that you take before a high calorie meal? I've been pill or additive free since I started, but now I'm beginning to think about it because of the holiday season...

Diana3271
12-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I am all about working for the weekend! :carrot: Have a great one!

I had to get up a little earlier this morning. Need to get stuff done before I start my weekend! My calories were a little low for yesterday. It was too late before I realized this to eat any more. I am having an extra coffee this morning, so that will probably make up for it. ;)

Weigh In: 147.6

agoin1 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: I would advise you to take it one meal/one day at a time. Make small changes to add in healthy foods and to get away from the less healthy foods. Look for foods that are going to be filling and satisfying for you. For me that would be lean protein and vegetables. Choose healthier ways of preparing your foods, grilling, broiling, steaming, etc. You may want to look into a way of calculating the value of your foods, for example calorie counting, WW points, etc. Good luck! We look forward to watching you meet your goals.

SMess Hi and Welcome back! I remember you and it is so nice to see you again. I am sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: Congratulations on everything you have accomplished in such a short period of time. Your Mom would be so proud of you.

nevaeh I can see the difference! Your hard work is paying off for you. :bravo:

ItsMyTurn
12-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Misti - Hope you have a blast!

Diana - He actually went through the testing, but we lost the paperwork, :lol: On it, it stated the name of the preservative (which I will never remember in a million years). But, it's found in "creamy" things that are able to not be refrigerated til opened... like mayo, salad dressings (ranch, etc) and such things. He used to love tuna salad sandwiches toasted too... but it just increased and became totally unbearable. Real weird. I had never seen an allergy just rush to attention like that before... your calories were low, but betting it won't be too low to hold you where you are maintaining at :)

agoin1 - This is a super spot to get some encouragement, be able to stay accountable (and see it in black and white), and be around some folks who understand the frustrations along the way :welcome:

Nikki - It sounds like you are doing a great job turning around the Disney eating ;) Great job!

Melissa - sure sounds like this was much needed then... just can't imagine combating it all at once like you are... great job!!!

Andejean - sure hope you can fit the gym in soon... maybe some quick floor exercises before your morning shower will give you the same little boost?

Mamakat - Great job with the 17!!!! That's hilarious about the sleep :lol: You never seem to leave me without a laugh for the day ;)

SMess - so sorry to hear about your mom; I am so glad you are doing a bunch of things to improve "you" though!!!! That's great!

ArtyKay - Sorry you had a rough night, but maybe when the people aren't so stupid you will appreciate it more, :rofl:

neveah - I don't do pills. I take some vitamin supplements in the morning and already have prescribed meds I am made to take... I don't want to add more crap to that regime :) Wish I could be more help

AFM - got home to having supper being cooked last night by DH (I love when he has a night off :lol: ) and then right after I was able to get on the elliptical and do my ab workout :D Super yay!!! Went to sleep before 10pm - again, super yay!!! Felt good and can't wait to get today out of the way and start my weekend :D

Diana3271
12-09-2011, 06:33 AM
ItsMyTurn You had a great evening! So glad to hear you got some rest, too. Good stuff! Has your DH ever looked into making his own mayo? Maybe even going to Whole Foods to look for an alternative that does not contain that ingredient. What does your DH use on his sandwiches?

mamakat
12-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Good Morning Morning,

Diana You get up early and I get up late. I didn't want to wake up. I hurt my foot/leg somehow last night and since my bed is butt up against a no walk zone I have to climb out of bed and over my dog's collection of blankets, toys and chewies. I didn't want to :( So I just laid there hoping DH would wake up...he usually takes the kids on Friday, but guess not today. AND I have to walk to a different street to get my car, I never went back for it last night.

nevaeh nice loss. you can really tell a difference an things are looking smoother! Very good job!

arty that is a lot of pizza :lol: I used to call it the all in one food. If you get a meat and veg, it really is a meal. I would imagine you deal with a lot of hmm, not so smart people. :)

SMess welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. :hug: You spoke of her so lovingly six months ago. I'm glad to hear that you have been working in the right direction since then, both with weight and life. It's hard when a person loses a loved one, especially a mother. And like Diana said, I bet she would be very proud of you. :)

agoin :welcome: what are doing for a plan? I low carb and walk on sunny warm days (most of the time :))

Berry full on house cleaning is exercise. You use all the muscles. Arms, legs and back even some abs. I usually sweat just vacuuming. Lifting those bags for Goodwill is good for the arms.

Well sweet, DH woke up and offered to take the kids to school. :) I have no idea what I did to the foot/leg. Well so much for a walk today or laundry (:cheer:). I'll write instead :)

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!

berryblondeboys
12-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Eek! Scale drop this morning (I'll probably start seeing the scale rise very soon for ovulation gain). And, there was a good possibility I would weight less than DH this morning, but the dork dropped weight over night too! I weighed in at 171.4 (down 1.6 from yesterday) and he weighed in at 170.6 down 1 pound from yesterday. However, he is going out to eat for a Christmas lunch today, so I "could" weight less them him tomorrow for the first time ever in our relationship of just shy of 19 years. And I could do it on my birthday! Tomorrow is the big day! Now if that won't keep on plan today, I don't know what will!

mamakat
12-09-2011, 06:46 AM
ItsMyTurn good morning :) so glad I can make you laugh. I love laughter. And I don't mind at all being the one that brings joy :p Glad you got your workout in and how nice that your DH had a night off and cooked. It must be such a big change now that he's working. I hope you have a great day :)

berryblondeboys
12-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Mamakat one great NSV after another! That is a huge victory with being able to fit into your daughters jeans- even if they arer a bit big for her, she owns them, so you are very close to matching her size!

Smess I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. I am glad she went peacefully, but so sorry you had to face such a loss at such a young age. Big hugs to you. But I am so glad thatnyou arernmovningon with your life with grad school and a move to California. And yay to getting back on track!

I'll be back for more personals... I have to get the teen off to school.

mamakat
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Berry I'm rooting for you. I know how bad I wanted to weigh less than my DH. Oh man, the day I finally did, I couldn't stop crowing :rofl: Now he's losing weight too, so I have to stay very good or I might lose my seat back to him. He hates it too, but come on realistically I should weigh 130 or less while he should be 160-170. So I'm supposed to weigh less and I always hated knowing I didn't. So I am hoping you have a wonderful birthday gift!

Misti in Seattle
12-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Good morning, everyone! Here we are at Friday, yay! I enjoyed reading through all your posts this morning. So wish I had time to do personals online but I *do* read all of them and cheer for you! :)

Nevaeh, great photos. There is a really a big difference!!! Good job. I don't do pills either to lose weight so can't be of help there.

Drat, stayed on plan yesterday but ate a "normal" dinner at a community dinner at church... and gained two pounds! Sheesh! And Christmas Dessert Theater is tonight where they usually have fantastic desserts. Maybe I will get mine and just eat a few bites.... or else skip dinner and eat it. I don't do that often but I have been so on track with lots of veggies lately that one time would be okay. Will have to see what the evening brings.

ItsMyTurn
12-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Diana - DH hasn't looked into doing alternatives, and I actually made a homemade mayo so he could have some macaroni salad with us and he refused to eat it. I guess now it's totally turned him anti-mayo/creamy dressings, :lol: Totally traumatized him. He usually does mustard on a sandwich or just does PB&J. He has learned to check when he gets fast food too, as we had gone to an "in and out" down here one day and discovered they put a "sauce" of sorts on the hamburgers... he asked without (since it was obvious a mayo/creamy dressing combo of sorts) and they forgot and put it on.. he had taken a bit and just BARELY tasted it, didn't swallow, and it still set him off vomitting for about a half hour straight in the parking lot. Soooo... guess I can't blame him any on that.

Mamakat - Hope you have a fabulous writing day, sorry to hear of your foot/ankle. :( It is an adjustment with DH working, but we are SLOWLY getting the hang of it. Not going to lie though, after trying to accustom myself to not sharing the bed... last night was the first time I slept good WITH him in the bed now, :rofl:

Melissa - Happy Early Birthday!!!!! What an amazing overnight drop!!!! Congrats!!!

Misti - Good luck and have fun tonight! I wouldn't fret about the added pounds; sometimes the smallest change up in routine can make you look as if you have an artificial gain appear and then it goes by :)

agoin1
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
I weighed this morning and I was 201.8 which is about 2 lbs less than before Thanksgiving, which is awesome because I put on about 3 lbs after. That has really given me the motivation that I need. I have been counting calories so far and I have been going to a Zumba class when I am off from school and work and can make it. I was really nervous about going, since I am weird about working out in front of people, but I LOVE IT. That's really helped me out some when I don't do as well with my calories. I am hoping that this new weight loss will help me get my motivation back. So far I woke up kind of late, so I went by Chik-Fil-A and got a chargrilled chicken sandwich and fruit cup, which I LOVE and its only 390 calories. I have to work tonight, so hopefully I will keep this up. And thanks so much already for the wonderful support!

ArtyKay
12-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Yay, look at all those dropping numbers!!!

Scale read 173 this morning...! I'm trying to not get accustomed to this fast loss phase, I know its going to slow down eventually, but YAY! I'm pretty sure all the water weight is gone, because I'm definitely noticing a little body change. My tummy is going down, even though my one pair of pants that fit aren't much looser yet. I'm happy to be back in my "big" pair of 12's for the first time in 3 months...I've got closetfull of jeans to shrink into. :D

On the down side, I've noticed my bra fitting a little looser. :(

I'm on my days off tomorrow after a looonnnggg 8 days! WOO! And the not so smart person from yesterday should be gone today when I get in...that doesn't mean that somebody isn't going to come take his place, lol, but I'm glad.

I can't wait to weigh less than DH..he weighs 155, so I've got a ways to go.

SMess
12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome back hugs, all!

A bit of a gain this morning over yesterday, I'm up 1.6. I think my dinner of pizza and soda was probably not the best idea :p But I woke up feeling good this morning, and did my Jillian workout for the first time in almost two weeks. I don't feel as dead as I thought I would, but it's definitely going to take some work to get back into it!:wl: Now that the quarter is over, I'm going to try and get myself on a better schedule.

I'm off to the store - since I'm working from home over the break I think I'm going to take the time to do some major experiments in the kitchen. I'll let you know if I stumble across any major discoveries! :mag:

I hope everyone enjoys another on-plan day!

Nazza000
12-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Stuck to my diet with the small exception of a couple of chips (and I actually mean a couple) with dinner. So I'm pretty happy with that :)

Misti in Seattle
12-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Congratulations to all of you for being here and posting!! Stick with it.

I decided to have a Jack-in-the-Box grilled chicken salad (the ONLY place I know I can get a healthful fast food salad!) and eat part or all of the dessert tonight.

Something else interesting happened last night. Someone came up and commented on how much weight I have lost. I was thinking "I've only lost four pounds" but LOL then it dawned on me. Last time I went to the doctor I had already lost 10 or 15 pounds and of course THAT counts too, before I started posting here again. I need to ask her next time how much I have lost altogether and then change my ticker to the higher number starting place so it shows how much I have really lost.

Diana3271
12-09-2011, 09:38 PM
This site is acting crazy, again on my computer at work. I use IE there. I use Firefox at home and it's fine, here. I tried to do some personals at work and it just freezes. I hope they straighten it up again.

Still Are you going to take a class at the gym or do cardio machines/weights?

Berry Congrats on all the work you've done in your house. I can only imagine how much work it is to take care of a 4000 sf house. Our house is only around 1000 sf. Since it's so small, anything out of place looks like a disaster. The room where DH has his hunting stuff has exploded, again. It looks like a disaster. In the Spring I will probably buy some plastic bins to put some stuff in and make DH take it to the shop. ;) Congrats on your weigh in! I hope you get another drop tomorrow.

Andejean Hi :wave: Enjoy your "Super awesome cousin weekend". Have fun!

Mamakat Look at you getting in those Junior clothes! :carrot: How is your foot today? I hope it's better.

Agoin Keep up the great work!

ArtyKay It's called shopping in your own closet! :D

SMess Great job on the workout! Jillian is tough!

Nazza Great job keeping to your plan. Nothing wrong with working something in.

Misti Congrats on the compliment about your weight loss!

Diana3271
12-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Total Approx 1710 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (970 Calories) I had a moment and had some ice cream with graham crackers crushed on top
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories
1 pkg graham crackers 70 calories
Ice cream 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (cardio/boxing premix) w/weighted gloves
Shape Bikini Body Camp Transforming Workout Cardio Interval

still
12-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm definitely not all the way back on plan, but I'm getting there. Totally achieved my goal for the day- I tracked everything! Ended at 1730 calories for the day, which isn't bad at all considering I had a Christmas program to run tonight which included the most tempting buffet of cookies, candies and desserts imaginable! I was so, so, so good and ate one oreo cookie truffle and two cream puffs. Those put me over but I'm okay with it- as much as I love being skinny, I can't outright deny myself all the good things I love so much. Moderation works for me. :)

Four people called me skinny at the program. That was nice :-)

The plan for tomorrow is moderation, tracking, water and the gym.

Diana3271- I'm planning so far on just getting back into my cardio/weights routine for the time being. there are a couple of classes starting soon that are interesting (hey Melissa, we have a Bodypump class starting!) but I haven't decided if I want to go that route yet. We'll see.

I'll check in with everyone tomorrow. For now, its tea and bed :-) Good night!

Nazza000
12-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Okay.
Tough Day!
You know those days where you just wake up feeling bad?
Well, since starting my diet I haven't felt bad. period. and I think it was just such a shock to my system that I went off the rails a bit. That, coupled with the stress of pre- open house clean-up, my grandmothers stroke and flakey friends amongst other routine stresses made me do something very naughty. I had a beautiful, clean breakfast and dinner, but for lunch... I had not one... but two packets of chips whilst I drowned my sorrows in a rom-com at the cinema. I feel very, very bad and I can't seem to shake the guilt.
Well, better luck tomorrow right?

Andejean
12-10-2011, 06:55 AM
early morning ladies! Super Awesome Cousin Weekend is going well! Except last night I was up off and on... We fell asleep during Top Gun, and were all tucked in bed by 10, LOL. I woke up around 11:45 sick to my stomach, went in the bathroom just in case, and sure enough I got sick. I have not gotton sick in FOREVER, I was so worried it was the fish dinner we had, and since we all had the cod, I was worried my cousin would get sick too and it would ruin her weekend... Honey bear and Cousin Jane are both sleeping soundly... it was just me... weird...

Trying to figure out what it was, but I feel fine now, so maybe it doesn't matter? I've been eating healthier lately, but far from perfect, so maybe the fish fry didn't sit with me, but I would doubt it... hmmm

Off to try and get a little more sleep, I'm the only one up yet except the night owl bonus son, and he doesn't count as he hasn't gone to bed yet, LOL.

berryblondeboys
12-10-2011, 08:19 AM
I did it!

I weigh less than Sven!!!

We,ve been together for nearly 19 years and this is the first time ever I have weighed less than him!!!

He gained from yesterday and I lost! Yay!

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

And today is my birthday! What a great birthday present to me!

Diana3271
12-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Berry :bday2you::celebrate::bday2you:

Congratulations on your weigh in! I hope you have a fantastic day! Do you have any special plans for today? :gift::hb::woo:

mamakat
12-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Berry :cheer: I am so happy for you.

Diana3271
12-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

It looks like the Allegra is helping! :yay:

Weigh In: 147.2

mamakat
12-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Berry Happy Birthday. What an awesome present...I'm really happy for you.

Diana I have no idea what I did to my foot. I walked with it fine, for the most part yesterday (just errand walking) but if I moved it in a certain way it would really scream out in pain. So weird. It's not swollen, but I think it has something to do with my shin too as when I move it a certain way, I want to cry. I'll keep it up again today. Thank you for asking. Also I got no writing in yesterday. I opted for laundry and a movie and reading. It's hard for me to stop reading, I'm addict to make believe :D

Nazza don't beat yourself up. sometimes it's hard to get through stressful times. :hug:

andejean I hope your tummy gets better. Enjoy your weekend.

I don't know how I did it, but I am down another pound, whether it sticks or not is another question. I was 400 calories over yesterday (if I calculate right, it's always guestimation with me). I had three meals...one was at a diner with my son. I was starved and DH is only buying food for dinners lately, so I'm pretty much on my own in finding what to eat during the day. And lets face it, I don't go looking. So I was hungry yesterday and I ate plenty :) It would be great to see the numbers continue down.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

MsThickMiddle
12-10-2011, 09:35 AM
WoW! What a wonderfukl Birthday gift! Congrats to you!

So there's a new gym in our area. I signed up during the pre-sale and they finally opened about 10 days ago. I wasn't able to go until this past Monday. So far I've been 4/5 days. Logged 4 hours of gym time for a total of 3hrs = 8miles on an elliptical with 2-8 resistance and a 2-4 incline. Plus, an hour of strength training.

I feel great! I had gained quite a few lbs as of yesterday, but woke up this morning and I'm down those few plus 2lbs. I hear that gaining a lb or two is normal when starting a good workout routine. Gkad t see those extras jup off the scale though.

I'll be hitting the gym most days Mon-Fri since making it during the weekend is never going to happen. I'll have to be creative if I'm going to workout on the weekends.

My NEW starting weight is 188lbs. 7 up from when I started on 3FC over the summer =( but I'm back on the right track and feeling great!

Misti in Seattle
12-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Nikki, congrats on being called skinny! Way to go

Berry, super about weighing less than Sven! What a victory. And Happy Birthday

Diana, thanks for you kind words. You are such a wonderful encourager to everyone here

Mamakat, congrats on saying bye-bye to another pound

Wish I was able to do more personals but I do read through all of your posts and cheer you on!!

I had a pleasant surprise this morning. Yesterday I was up two pounds which did not bother me because I knew I had stayed on track... still I was hoping they would be gone this morning, plus one. Well.. they were gone plus TWO, which puts me one down overall. Yippeeeeee.

Especially since I have had Christmas events three nights in a row. Last night was our Christmas Dessert Theater at church, but I ate salad for dinner so I could have the dessert.

I love the grilled chicken salads from Jack-in-the-Box. A nice big salad of lettuce, carrots, onion, tomato, a bit of cheese, grilled chicken, and balsamic vinagrette dressing... for $6! If anyone lives near a JIB you might want to check it out.

ItsMyTurn
12-10-2011, 12:35 PM
agoin - Great job on the 2lbs down! You are almost to Onederland!!!

ArtyKay - I have no doubt you will weigh less than hubby soon

SMess - :wave: Hi!

Nazza - Every day has to be a clean slate for times like those :)

Misti - Those compliments make us all feel good though, take it :) Great job on your loss today too!

Nikki - sounds like you are getting back where you need/want to be. How awesome to have the compliments :)

Andejean - feel better

Melissa - CONGRATS!!!!!! THat has got to be the happiest birthday gift ever!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer: :dance:

Diana - Good morning and I am SOOO glad to hear the Allegra is doing its job :)

Mamakat - Congrats on the pound!!!! That is awesome news! Whether cause you busted for it or not, it is being nice and letting you have it since you HAVE put in the work on this weight loss jouney ;) You earned it

MsThick - Welcome back

Last night I managed a full round workout. I got on elliptical for 25 mins on the lower body, interval training program... that to abs, glutes, and stretches... back on elliptical another 25 mins to the pyramid lower body program. Today, a wee bit tender in the mid-section, but very proud of accomplishing it :) Today is going to be strength training and I won't bother with official cardio cause it's "girls night out" tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday. We are going to a club, so much dancing will take place and there's cardio :) :lol:

Oh... did weigh in.... update for me this week is down 1.8Lbs.... 188 today. I thought it wouldn't go down quite so far since abs were hurting I figured there had to be some water held... but I certainly won't argue the point either :lol:

MsThickMiddle
12-10-2011, 12:57 PM
ItsMyTurn - Thanks. Glad to be back. And dancing is 100% cardio! Have fun and congrats on your success.

ItsMyTurn
12-10-2011, 01:04 PM
MsThick - Thank you so much. You missed my huge plateau I had... it was frustrating. But this is week 3 of busting through. I think I was hanging just above onederland the last time you were here... but getting there, and you can too!!! You are starting anew and have no doubt of your success to come :) I still have a long ways to go (but it's where you are starting now)... so we can try to encourage each other :) Do you have a MyFitnessPal? If so, please feel free to add me: StarIsMoving and daily we can boost each other :)

SMess
12-10-2011, 04:28 PM
:bravo::cp::carrot:CONGRATULATIONS BERRY!!!:carrot::cp::bravo:

Boy am I sore today! Jillian's really got me feeling it. But I have to say that feeling of sore muscles is a constant reminder of just how much I did yesterday - and it's a great feeling! I'm hovering around 227 at the moment, and looking forward to getting the fires going again. I did a big food shopping trip yesterday, lots of fresh veggies. Today I'm cooking up batches of soups to freeze - hopefully that will keep me from jetting to a fast food joint when I don't have time to cook!

No time for personals today, but everyone looks like they're doing great! :D

still
12-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Yay Melissa!!!

Happy birthday!!

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

solarplant
12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Happy Birthday Berry!!!! :woo:

Also a big :congrat: and :celebrate: on weighing less than your husband. :)

I cannot wait for the day I weigh less than my boyfriend!

---

On Thursday I did rowing class since I figured that wouldn't hurt my knee very much. Then I took Friday off completely because this morning I had a trail 5K race to do. I took my time, since it was 1.5 mile uphill and then 1.5 downhill. My knee felt ok as long as I kept moving, and only hurts when I go up vertically like taking a step up some stairs. After the race, I got a free 10 minute massage so I had her massage around my knee and now it feels *so* much better. I guess that's all I needed and more rest. :)

I have been avoiding the scale the last week or so. I went back on it today, and weighed 172 which is fine. Earlier this week my weight jumped up to 175 and I freaked out a little. hehe. My TTOM is still not over! Finish already. :( So here's hoping that my weight will go down a bit more in a day or two as well.

This upcoming Thursday I am going home to Dallas to hang out with my family for Christmas.

The job situation is still not resolved. They couldn't get back to my on Friday so I have to wait until Monday for a response to my negotiations.

I want to just sign the paperwork already. :)

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

berryblondeboys
12-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks so much everyone. It's been a good day. I made a cake this morning and then we went to see the move The Muppets. It was cute. Then I made dinner. It was yummy, butni was in the kitchen more than I planned. Of course, MIL didn't bothered to lift a finger. Man she is annoying! But it was good. Now we arer going to watch a Harry Potter movie. Though I'm getting really tired. I really wanted to do some holiday something today, but I am out of time. The day just isn't long enough.

Calories came in around 1800 which isn't bad as it included a slice of cake. Dinner was roasted chicken, roasted potatoes and carrots and roasted Brussels sprouts and beets seasoned with pancetta and fresh sage. Cake was a banana chocolate cake with bittersweet ganache and fresh whipped cream.

Diana3271
12-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Mamakat Look at that beautiful smile! I like your new avatar!

Msthickmiddle Great job on getting to the gym!

Misti Congrats on your loss!

Itsmyturn Great job on the workout and the 1.8 pounds for the week! :carrot:

Smess How many times a week are you working out?

Solarplant Congrats on the 5K race. I hope the job situation gets resolved soon.

Berry It sounds like you had a fantastic day with your family. Your dinner sounds delish!

Diana3271
12-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Total Approx 1675 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (310 Calories)
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Grilled Mahi 135 Calories
Mashed cauliflower 125 calories

Dinner (1000 Calories)
Beef soup/stew 500 calories
corn bread 200 calories
1/8 peach pie 300 calories

Exercise:
Gin Miller's Intense Moves

Diana3271
12-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh In: 147.4
Up: .2

We ate very late last night. I actually expected a higher gain than this, so I will take it. It will probably bite me in the butt tomorrow, though. ;)

Diana3271
12-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Let's have a great week! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/248513-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-12-11-a.html

agoin1
12-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Well I was really disappointed when I weighed this morning, but I cannot be surprised. I was 204.8. I knew I had not been doing as well as I should be. Maybe if I come up with some kind of reward to work for once I hit under 200 lbs I will be more motivated. I have lost around 30 so far, but have never had any kind of reward for reaching a milestone yet. I am starting a new diet tomorrow and maybe this is the focus I need to be more motivated.