South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beaching 12/3-12/4

Good morning! I'm sitting here sipping my coffee and enjoying my tree, even though it's naked except for the lights. I'll spend the next few days decorating it since I like to take my time. I had an enjoyable day yesterday, putting up all the decorations with my favorite Christmas music blasting. The house looks all festive and has really put me in the Christmas mood!

Jake and I are planning to do a little shopping this morning, and this afternoon I promised my DIL that I'd go shopping with her at the King of Prussia Mall, and she wants to go to the grand opening of Lush while we're there. Jake things I'm crazy, as it's bound to packed!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  

Good Morning, I over slept and feel grumpy. Boy, most people love to over sleep, not me. I need to just get up with my body wants to at 4:30am and not lay there and drift back off to sleep. Now it will take me longer to get the day going. (glad DH is still sleeping, so I have quiet!)

We have rain and it is suppose to turn to snow. So, today I am finishing up my sewing project and making snowflakes. (my thumb just doesn't like doing these things much, but it has to relearn the movements I guess)

Maybe do alittle shopping this weekend and look at putting up a tree. Although I love Christmas time, it has always been hard for me to really get into it. It is in my heart more than in material items. Does that make sense?

So, stay warm today. and I will have another cup of coffee.

Last edited by chickadeee55; 12-03-2011 at 07:13 AM.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fa-la-la-la .... etc! Feeling good this morning after a solid eight hours in bed. My very old cotton sheets are just like silk! Keurig is in hand and I'm ready to tackle the day.

Got in a good whack at Christmas shopping yesterday and am ready to wrap and send the West Coast gifts. I can't believe I left at 11 and was home by three. I even had lunch with a friend who dragged me into the Buffet to help her entertain her somewhat dotty mother who she'd sprung from the nursing home for a bit. I guess I really spent just two hours actually shopping and it sure felt good.

Today? Well, there's still outside clean-up to do and I am determined to find and fix Jazz's secret exit from the dog yard. It is cold but going to be sunny so the lights just might get put up on the porch. I have to work at the Mill 4 to 7 herding visitors onto the shuttle wagon to the Church and directing to the washrooms so it may not happen. The good news is that this allows me to avoid the supper at the Church which is Shepherds Pie - made with real shepherds. They keep forgetting to take off their boots before they grind them up.

Now that was silly - and disgusting. Go to your room, Ruthie!

Happy Saturday.

ETA: Cottage, I'd love to see your house all dressed for the holidays. Is Jake a good shopper? I do not envy you the trip to K of P Mall with your favourite DIL.

Chickadee-dee-dee ... sorry but I could not resist. My wee favourite bird is waiting for me to get that feeder out - maybe tomorrow. I feel the same way about Christmas as you do although I love it when it comes. I guess it's the "What did you get" mind-set that turns me off. I do a lot of gift/charitable donations but that doesn't cut it for kids, of course.

Better post before somebody else pops in.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - what's Lush? I know a few definitions, I'm sure that's not what you're talking about...

Chick - I slept til 7:20, that's late for me! Absolutely makes sense that it's in your heart more!!

Ruth - I'm not wild about ground up shoes either. Tough on the teeth.

This cold is kickin' my butt in the last day again! Hopefully today will be an "easy" day.

The realtor is coming over this am, she's a friend...to see how our house would appraise, and then with a bit o' luck, get our PMI taken off. It's 10% of our mortgage payment! Otherwise, I'm hoping we'll find a tree, chop it down, and start decorating for Christmas. I also need some fresh baked items for tomorrow night, and for Tuesday, so I'll have to decide what to make and start crackin'.

Coffee's done!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Cottage, I have been to the King of Prussia mall. There's a Cheesecake Factory there! It's so labyrinthian, I would get lost if it were crowded. Today we're going to my BIL's in NJ, just for a visit, but I'm going to bring the gifts and gift cards down today so I can put them under their tree already. I love to move stuff along.

So...tomorrow on the way home I'm going to take the opportunity to go to an Aldi, which I love. Other than that, the weekend will be uneventful. Hope everyone has a great one!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I really did sleep in a little. I may do that again!

Cottage - good luck at the mall. I've never been to or shopped at Lush but a friend of mine absolutely loves it. When DD was young we used to go to the mall this close to the holidays. Now I can't imagine what we were thinking Hope your trip is successful and you are home and relaxing soon.

Chickadee - Makes sense to me. I used to do the whole thing - tree, large village, lots of hand made ornaments. Now I put up one handmade kissing ball and I will buy one pretty wreath or spray at the local farm stand. I love the season but I celebrate it quietly. I do enjoy other people's decorations though
How do you make snowflakes?

Ruth - Did they find any vegetarian shepherds? I do like a good shepherd pie.
We have two feeder stations with multiple feeders going all the time. We've been lucky with the bears so far.
Good luck with the escape route!

Twynn - cutting our own tree was always a favorite when my daughter was young. Not so much when I was young and someone always stepped through the ice over the river, but that's another story

This morning I have a winter CSA pick-up, always something to be excited about. Then we might go into town for lunch. Yesterday a few people saw a snowy owl conveniently hanging out in the field behind one of our favorite restaurants and the restaurant has lots of floor to ceiling windows. It's hard to resist. Other than that some cleaning, a little work (if I get it done I will get a couple of weeks with no work to think about), some cooking for the week.

Life is very good right now
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's snowing right now and we had a wicked windstorm yesterday. We made it to the pool anyway. Mom's heat is out and I have a call in to the repairman. I'm hoping he can come early so Kirk can attend the therapy dog party with Bing and I. Speaking of Bing, it's bath time, and I need to get a salad and veggie tray prepared. Oh, and we have some papers that need a notary....fortunately our friend is one.

You all sound like a lively bunch this morning! Enjoy your weekend!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Cottage - just the other day I was trying to remember the name of that mall. Its huge and overwhelming. I'm a fragrance free person so Lush is so overwhelming to me.

chickadee - have fun sewing. What are your snowflakes like?

Ruth - your Christmas spirit is catchy. Have a fun day.

Tywnn - hope you find the perfect Christmas tree.

McK - you are one organized lady.

Cyndi - oh, I would love to see a snowy owl. That restaurant sounds lovely.

Debbie - how many baths does Bing get. Hope your mom gets heat soon. Enjoy your doggie party.

Going to do some grocery shopping and hopefully vacuum the area where the Christmas tree is going to be. Hoping all the decorations are in place by tomorrow night.
take care
Sophie
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth ~ Jake is a pretty good shopper, and when he gets tired he'll go outside and sit on a bench and wait for me. He has a tendency to go overboard on gifts for the grandkids, though, and I usually have to put my foot down and remind him that I set a $ limit for each person.

Twynn, Lush is best described as an organic, vegan Bath & Body store. All the soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc., are made by hand in small batches. I like some of the bar soaps and the foaming bath bombs are lovely when you want a relaxing bubble bath, but that's about all I get for myself in there. My oldest GD, Caitlyn, is wild about their stuff, and I'm hoping to get her Christmas presents there. I may get Andrea's gift there, too, on the sly.

Matilda, a trip to K of P almost always includes a stop at The Cheesecake Factory for us. I know it's not diet-friendly, but a planned cheat on the rare occasion is doable for me.

OK,time for a quick coffee before heading out into the throngs again.

Cyndi, we have cut back on our decorating, but I will always have a tree. I used to put up 3 trees every year, but that got to be too much work. We still put up a small 4' tree on the sunporch, too, but I got smart and hot-glued all the decorations on it and made a storage bag to slip over it with old sheets, so it's easy to set up now. Just uncover it and plug it in, and, viola! If I had the room to store the big tree, I'd leave it decorated and just cover it after Christmas every year, too. That would sure be a time-saver! When the kids were small, we used to make a big ceremony about going out and cutting a tree each year. What happy memories that brings back!

Jake and I got most of our shopping done this morning, and didn't run into too many frenzied shoppers. It was just starting to get crowded as we were coming home. I know the mall is going to be a circus, thank goodness Andrea is driving!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon all,

Two loads of laundry down and about 2 more to go. DW went to Sam's to pick up bulk things, like the laundry detergent. After some NyQuil and a nap, I hope for us to both go food shopping. Made my list and will make a few soups to hold us through this flu.

Sorry I'm not more active with individuals...
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Auston got to chat with Santa this morning. He wrote a list, and Santa kept it! He was too excited. He said, "Santa was just like I imagined." Yes, I cried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Santa 012.jpg (30.0 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Chelby29; 12-03-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #12  

Yeah, finally got my sewing project done for a friend in OK and worked on my snowflakes. I have been trying to get these things finished for 2 weeks.

Still raining here.

Now on to laundry. Yuk!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05861 [800x600].jpg (27.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05864 [800x600].jpg (22.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by chickadeee55; 12-03-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #13  
sophie

wow, chickadee your projects are lovely, are the snowflakes crocheted or is that tatting.
take care
Sophie
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Those snowflakes are gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
Yeah, finally got my sewing project done for a friend in OK and worked on my snowflakes. I have been trying to get these things finished for 2 weeks.

Still raining here.

Now on to laundry. Yuk!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #15  

Thanks, those are Free Standing Lace done on an embroidery machine. Not like the ones my grandma use to make by hand.