40-Somethings - Medium? Moi?

View Full Version : Medium? Moi?

twinieten
12-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I went out shopping to get some festive holiday scrubs, today. Since I'm down 10 pounds, I really like shopping! However, it is not without it's guilt since I intend to shrink a size or two, which would bump me in to the medium sizes instead of large..... which leaves me with a bunch of clothes I won't be able to wear. For some unknown reason, I decided to try the smaller size, and grabbed a couple of mediums just to see how they'd fit. And they FIT! The pants, slightly snug but not obnoxiously, camel toe snug, and the top, almost just right!! :carrot: All that hard work is paying off! Guilt... buh-bye.

NEMom
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Woot Woot! I am soo happy for you. I can so recall the euphoria I felt when I first discovered I could wear a medium top.
You rock and I am so happy for you and proud of all your hard work!

chicklett
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
congratulations, you must be estatic!!:cp:

guacamole
12-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Good job!! I am still in an XL, so I am jealous! Haven't worn a medium since before my 1st baby over 15 years ago! Enjoy all the new clothes you can buy!

twinieten
12-02-2011, 10:32 PM
You and I started at about the same place guacamole! You're just behind me by a pound. Soon!! I was so thrilled to get out of the 2XL! I'm still a ways away from mediums in the real clothes, but I was glad to be able to buy scrubs in my future size. I doubt I'll go smaller than medium for comfort reasons.

I tried on size 10 pants today. They went up, they fit. Slightly too much camel toe and muffin top for my taste, but I was sure glad that they went on! I passed on that purchase this time, but it looks like I may get to go closet shopping soon!

Thanks for the congrats and support, everyone!