Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ DECEMBER

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers ~ DECEMBER

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2011, 03:46 PM
:angel: Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
BEHOLD, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people ... Luke 2

For unto you is born this day, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Glory to GOD in the highest, and on earth Peace, good will toward men ... Luke 2

BEHOLD, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US ... Matthew 1

And JESUS increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with GOD and man ... Luke 2

JESUS said: "The Spirit of the Lord (GOD) is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and to recover the sight of the blind, and set at liberty them that are bruised; and to preach the acceptable day of the Lord" ... Luke 4/Isaiah 61

For GOD so loved the world that He gave His only son (Jesus), that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life ... John 3:16

For GOD sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world , but that the world through Him (JESUS) might be saved ... John 3:17

For the Father himself loveth you, because you have loved me, and believed that I came forth from Him ... John 16

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true GOD, and JESUS CHRIST, whom thou has sent ... John 17

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved ... Acts 2:21

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ... Matt 11:28

LO, I am with you always, even to the end of the world ... Matthew 28:20

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2011, 05:00 PM
THE SALVATION PRAYER ~

Dear Jesus, please
come into my heart & life
and become my Savior and Lord.
Thank you for giving me eternal life.
Take control of my life, and make me
the kind of person that you want me to be

... Amen ...

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2011, 05:15 PM
:wreath: SO, how are you going to celebrate Christmas this year? What are your plans? What healthy dishes & snacks do you plan to serve to family & friends? Do you decorate your home? Put up any lights? What traditions do you like to keep up year after year?

This year, we plan to have some friends over for Christmas; to have dinner and spend time together. We have already put out some big red bows on our front porch and our large candles by the front door. DH has our Christmas tree already up with the lights on (we store it that way), but I just have to decorate it now.

I am thinking of serving something different this year; something not so traditional -- maybe ribs & wings, or a roast, or something like that. DH likes to have meat pie too, so that might go together well. I am sure that I will make a pumpkin custard pie (same a regular but no crust); DH really likes this version now too (I think I've converted him). ;)

I try to make at least one kind of salad, and some veggies to go with the meal; maybe I'll make a veggie medley this year (ie corn, green beans, carrots, etc). Probably will have a second dessert for those who like something else; maybe with some apples or another fruit: I have some rhubarb and blueberries in the freezer that would make something nice.

For snacks, I made some changes to have more healthy ones, like a variety of unsalted nuts, cheeses, crackers, olives, a nut mix with some bits & bites, and I get DH one bag of his favorite chips to share (they get eaten up pretty fast). Everyone likes shortbread & I may make some peanut butter balls (the kind with no flour: a healthier version).

Do you have any special recipes that you can share?

Have a merry, merry month ... :tree:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-01-2011, 08:42 PM
BARGOO ~ this one's for you ...

Someone posted this song on another thread; it is one of my most favorite current inspirational songs, by a Canadian singer (Hedley) ~ take a looksee ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub9RSrVcBvs

bargoo
12-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Rosebud, thanks for sharing with me. I've played it over several times. Bless you for thinking of me.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
BARGOO ~ your welcome; glad you enjoyed it. It's got a real peppy beat and sound -- sure to lift you up!

We've had lots of fluffy ***** fall over the last 2 days, but it's very pretty. A nice, young neighbour fella came over and pushed the big banks away for DH today and he wouldn't take any pay for it either: bless his heart!!!

We got up town on Friday to pick up some groceries and a few gifts; then we had friends drop by for a visit after that. One of our friends who moved back to Manitoba called tonight too; so we can keep in touch again.

DH and I put some shelves in that big cubby yesterday; he did the cutting (although he did struggle a bit), and then I nailed the shelves in myself. Hey, hey -- not bad for a lady ... :D

And, our Nativity Creche is now all set up on the front porch. DH stained the creche a nice dark brown; and then another young neighbour from across the road helped him carry it up from the basement: may GOD bless him too!

Hope you all had a good weekend; and may you have a wonderful week coming up. DH has to go see his doctor next week; maybe a follow up, I guess. Keep warm ... Rosebud :brr:

bargoo
12-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Rosebud, your place must look very festive. I was born and raised in snow country and as a kid always loved the snow....but then I wasn't the one that had to shovel it.

Misti in Seattle
12-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Just saying hi. Glad to find a lovely Christian place to support and encourage one another.

Rosebud, thanks for the song. This will be a good one to learn and "keep close."

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
HEY MISTI ~ yes, I liked it from the first time I heard it on the radio. You know, I remember you ... I think you used to be on the 40+something thread a lot, some time ago. Nice to have you drop by again ...

BARGOO ~ I just want to get some mini-lights up in the windows some time this week. I tried to take a picture, but my camera is on the blink. I tried another storage disc, but the same thing happened. Oh well, I have to admit that I have dropped that thing so many times; slippy fingers ... :o

Sooo, I'll likely have to buy myself a new one anyways; and I'll be sure to get one with a larger ZOOM this time so I can get the birdies up close. Just did stuff around the house today (laundry & light chores).

Have to take DH to the Docs tomorrow, and we may get up town for a few things, if we have time. Hope it's nice and sunny tomorrow. Keep warm ... :brr:

Misti in Seattle
12-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi Rosebud. So nice to find someone who remembers me from before. Afraid it would not have been in the 40s section though, ha ha. Make it the 50+ (quite a ways plus, actually). :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-06-2011, 08:24 PM
:lol: MISTI ~ :o Well, wherever you used to post; I'm glad to see you back here anyways. I've been stickin' around becuz I find it really helps me keep on track. Over time, the emotional-response eating has almost but disappeared; and that is a great NSV for me.

Yes, I'm losing very slowly, but that's better than gaining; and I'm noticing more inches now than anything. I've gone back to focusing on sizes, which just works for me; and I'll let the doctor monitor the lbs ... :D

:wreath: We took DH to the Docs today; that went OK -- he was still upset with the diagnosis, but his doctor handled him well. I feel very sorry for him; it's been so hard on him not being able to drive anymore. His heart is broken over it -- esp since he was such a good driver, and even drove for a living. The doctor told him right out that he would likely never get it back. I pray that he can accept it and adjust eventually. :shrug:

Sooo, we did get some more shopping done and picked up our meds. Some time later, we'll finish the few Christmas gifts we have left to get. I did get to walk a lot, but my feet were hurting by tonight, but I was glad to be able to get out and walk around a bit on a flat, dry surface. The snow & ice always makes me nervous at first, but it was OK.

:tree: The :sunny: was shining bright, and it looked so pretty with all the snow-covered trees out there. It looks like GOD himself decorated them all, just for us ... ;) Hope you're all having a wonderful week too; keep warm ... Rosebud :brr:

Misti in Seattle
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Rosebud, you are sure right... we need to stick around! Wish I had, ha, but oh well at least I am back on track now

Sorry about your husband's health... yes that must be very hard on him.

EZMONEY
12-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi Ladies ~

My last post in the following thread has some new Christmas decoration pictures....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/248121-christmas-likes-dis-likes.html#post4127353

bargoo
12-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Good Morning all. So good to visit with people that know the true meaning of Christmas.

Misti in Seattle
12-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Good morning, everyone. Happy Friday. Let's all get out there and stay on plan!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-09-2011, 09:58 PM
:wreath: GARY ~ ya, I went by and read some last night; didn't get through them all though, as some posters got side-tracked by a debate on political correctness ... :yawn: ;) Then DH and I spent the rest of the evening looking or listening to videos of Michael Awesome Grimm; what a nice voice he has -- I could listen to him for hours ... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HklU6Lu9ToU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY4AsLEgExE&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Oh, and the pics were great too! I got some mini-lights up and flashing behind me in my office window -- very pretty.

BARGOO ~ ya, it is nice, isn't it? Love coming here too ...

MISTI ~ best wishes for the weekend too; started doing my tracking journals again now that I have more time and my PC's are working good. I had a chicken burger & salad for dinner, and had some popcorn for a snack this aft, but still stayed within my planned allotment for the day ... :carrot:

:tree: Have a wonderful weekend everyone; and keep warm (we're sitting at -10 C right now; about 22 F, I guess) ... Rosebud :brr:

Misti in Seattle
12-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Happy Saturday, everyone! Stopping by to say a prayer for all of you.

Rosebud, your chicken burger and salad sounds yummy! Wish I had one right now, ha.

LOL I think I need to get breakfast. Had grilled chicken salad for dinner last night so I could have dessert at the Christmas Theater at church. It worked too as I am down a pound this morning. Yippeee. But now I am hungry. :)

Bootsie
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Misti I like your goal setting! I think I will set mine too!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-12-2011, 08:30 PM
MISTI & BOOTSIE ~ good luck to you both for all your new goals!!!

I'm trying to get some inches off my tummy; and hopefully, a few lbs will come off with that too ... or visa-versa! ;)

Bootsie
12-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Thank You rosebud! Down 4 pounds since I put my goals on here! One pound away from my first goal!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
:wave: CONGRATS, BOOTSIE ~ you're doin' great !!! :carrot:

Bootsie
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Thank u Rosebud, I am just determined to fight this the best I know how, that's all God expects out of me. I have baby goats everywhere and baby sheep were due Christmas?????Something happened ;) they are having them now!:carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-13-2011, 07:32 PM
:lol: They just decided to come a bit early that's all; how fitting for the season ... the shepherd's watching their flocks by night! ;)

:rudolph::ginger::candy:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-16-2011, 09:50 PM
:ginger: HI EVERYONE ~ we've had a good week here; feelin' great too. We had to go up town for errands and were able to get in some more shopping to pick up the rest of our gifts and food for Christmas (plus got some good walking into too; always a bonus).

:candy: The temps were nice and mild but we had lots of heavy, sticky *****. Poor DH shovelled out the front parking spot, and just after our SIL pulled in to pick us up -- the plow went by for a second time and buried her in. DH helped a young neighbour get his truck out earlier; so he sped home and brought over his ATV plow and cleared the end for us (GOD BLESS HIM), while DH cleared the tires. We had a time deadline, so we were very grateful for his help. We have some really awesome neighbours around here.

:tree: Today, it is quite a bit colder but we are just staying indoors. Friends dropped by for a visit today, and that was really nice. Two friends dropped by with gifts this week: so kind of them. We will be having at least four friends over for Christmas after all, so that's wonderful.

:rudolph: My eating went very well this week; so happy about that. Been journalling my food this month to make sure that I was still on track with my portion amounts. This month is an important one for that. I did so well at Halloween; and I am trying to enjoy Christmas, yet eat healthy as well. I found some NSA (no-sugar-added) cookies for my Dad this year; as I couldn't get the Scotch Shortbread anywhere.

:wreath: Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend; bundle up and keep warm -- Rosebud ... :brr:

Bootsie
12-17-2011, 09:14 PM
My eating did pretty well this week but until today my dear husband wanted some cookies . He was threatening to make them himself, that meant both of us and I clean up. So I decided to do it myself, dag gum it why am I such a good cook????I love my cookies, but I gave half of them away to my neighbor for her birthday, but I ended up eating 5 myself , oh well time to push it at CURVES!
Had triplets born today so cute and one single lamb. The 3 put together would make the single lamb. I forgot how to put pictures on here gonna have to learn again.....

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-17-2011, 10:17 PM
BOOTSIE ~ keep the lambs in the barn so they'll be safe, Ok? Would love to have some pics when you figure it out .... :D

Btw, 5 cookies isn't so bad; you can work that off for sure!

bargoo
12-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Bootsie, eating only 5 home made cookies ? I consider that a major victory.

Misti in Seattle
12-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes, making homemade cookies and stopping at 5 is super!!!

Bootsie
12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks never thought of that of being a victory , thanks. He left one behind I wanted it so bad I ran out side to my dog Lee and gave it to him, he loved it, wanted more. Now I I know I scored a point there!
My ewe that had triplets yesterday seems to be trying to kick one baby off , hope she changes her mind, they are so cute. There are two brown ones and one white one and she does not want the white one. It is a little girl and so cute...

Misti in Seattle
12-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Bootsie, LOL about feeding the cookie to the dog. That's one way to get rid of the temptation, ha.

Awwwwwww I hope the little baby is okay and does not get rejected by the mother.

EZMONEY
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
HI GALS :)

All is well here as we head towards the birth of our Savior :carrot:

Church was nice today as the children's bell choir played a few songs. They are becoming quite good. Angie's group will be playing Christmas Eve early service as well as the choir of course.

We had an enchilada feast here last night with some of my family. My son and daughter in law and that GRANDdaughter of mine are heading to Florida in the morning to spend Christmas with dil's family so we got together to visit. We will celebrate our immediate family Christmas on New Years Day, but we will still have about 20+ here of our extended family here Christmas Eve as we always do.

Angie is off at a yoga party she has every year with the gals that took the training class she did several years ago. She is still teaching at the studio a couple of classes a week and at church once a week, that class gets a big turnout and is really growing.

Work has been good for me for the last couple of months, I may slow down in about a month but we have a lot of jobs signed for the future...just hope they end up going forward. Some jobs we sign take several years to come about.

It is so nice to see Bootsie and Misti back :carrot:

Thanks for keeping the thread alive ROSEBUD :hug:

I really should post here more often but it seems my life, although fine, is pretty repetitious and boring :D

Prayers for all of you as we celebrate the birth of His gift to us :angel:

wilma12
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM
It's been ages since I posted here. I must admit that I've been really busy and have forgotten to post. It's nice to see some familiar names here and that you're doing well.

I'm still working at the same job and enjoying it. In fact not much has changed in our lives since the last time I was on here.

Ok, this is new! We had a little grandson added to our family this fall. That has been really exciting and fun. I'm so looking forward to Christmas. There should always be babies at Christmas!! Plus, we are expecting another grandchild in April. This one lives in Ontario and will be harder to get to see because they're so far away from us. I guess I'll have to learn to skype!

Physically, I'm doing well but still struggling with the weight issues and of course not exercising enough. We are redoing our basement right now and hopefully the exercise equipment I keep promising to use will actually get some use.

I just wanted to wish you all a really Merry Christmas and all the best in 2012.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-20-2011, 08:11 PM
:wreath: HI WILMA ~ so glad that you popped by to say hello; talk about deja-vous ... I was just thinking about you this afternoon -- and wondering how you were doing, since we hadn't heard from you for so long. Congrats on all the grand-babies; that's gotta be fun for sure, esp at Christmas.

:candy: We don't have any grand-babies but we still have our NIKO; and we bought a house this year -- talk about awesome miracles. GOD has blessed us mightily; it is just the right place for us. Conversely, DH was diagnosed with Alzheimer's; and we don't have any wheels anymore, but we are learning to adjust and have been considering some creative alternatives for the coming year. There has been a blessing despite that; we are saving a lot of $$$ -- no insurance, no gas & oil, and no costly repairs for us. We can use that for something else for the house instead.

:ginger: We have been working on odd little jobs around the house; and they haven't been very expensive so far. This week, an electrician came and fixed all our plug-ins for us; just some maintenance that should have been done a long time ago (by previous owners).

:tree: DH decorated the tree while I made out our Christmas cards. We finally got our gifts wrapped and out in the mail. We were a tad behind this year; but they will arrive in two days ~ in time for Christmas.

:rudolph: Now that our outdoor plug-ins are working again, we may put up a string of LED lights this week; we'll see how DH feels about that tomorrow -- cuz baby, it's cold out there ... ;)

:coolsnow: We have lots of ***** here now -- got some more over the last few days. Hope everyone else out there is almost ready for the holidays; we're almost there, so we can relax and enjoy the season too. Keep warm ... Rosebud. :brr:

Misti in Seattle
12-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone. Been reading through your posts and praying for you.

I could really use some prayer regarding a difficult situation I am in and for how to handle it graciously and with wisdom. It's not "mine" to share so I can't really say much but I would appreciate a prayer or two

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-20-2011, 11:44 PM
HEY MISTI ~ ^Prayers^ are on the way for you & your present dilemma (or as we call it ... du-llama). ;) That's just a joke -- you see, there's this young fella we know (he helped us move to our house) that couldn't seem to pronounce that word correctly. It always came out "du llama", so we would tease him a bit, but he had a good sense of huma. But as things often do, it stuck; and we invariably find ourselves saying it that way whenever the word comes up. Well, they say that a sense of huma will take you a very long way!!! I think they're right! I know that I digress, but the ^prayers^ continue ... :hug:

Misti in Seattle
12-21-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks so much! Prayers back atcha!!!

wilma12
12-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for thinking of me Rosebud. I guess life just keeps passing by and I would forget to post.

I'm sorry to hear about your DH. This can't be easy for you. You will be in my prayers.

We are finally getting a little snow today. We usually have lots by now but so far not much more than an inch. My DIL from Ontario is hoping for a white Christmas so hopefully what falls today will stay at least until she gets here on Saturday. It's supposed to be above freezing here on Christmas day. Totally unheard of for our area.

I'm finished my baking and just have a couple gifts to wrap and then some final cleaning before everyone comes. I can't wait! It's so nice to have our family together again and especially have a baby to celebrate with.

I probably won't be on here again until after our celebration. I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas!

Bootsie
12-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi Gary, Rosebud, Misti and Wilma so good to C ya! I been in and out Wilma also. I always come back here though. Just something about Rosebud,Gary Bargoo posts, that draw me like a magnet back.:)
I am milking a goat now and feeding a lamb with the milk. The lambs name is Mary,named her after the Mother of all of all Mothers. She is white with a little brown on her neck, she knows her name and runs to me when she hears me over the other sheep.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-22-2011, 09:03 PM
HEY BOOTSIE ~ ahhh, that's so cute -- you have yourself a little friend, named MARY. How fitting for the season, once again. :lol: When I was young (10 years old), I had a pet pig -- can you guess ... her name was HENRIETTA! She used to come to her name too; and would get so excited when I came into the barn to see her. I used to sing while I did chores (like cleaning a stall), and ALL the animals would hush and listen until I finished. It was amazing ... :D

Bootsie
12-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I used to have one called Charity, Hubbie made me sale her but she would have 13 pigs every time. The people I sold her too , let her run loose in the pasture and she only had 2 pigs for them . They were so mad ! I told them if they ever wanted to sale her to contact me and they sold her at the auction instead.
Mary is a special Lamb for sure. Looking at her youmight think she is a kid goat but she has 3 breeds in her that make her that way. Her Mama is a Barbado which is brown, her Dad was half Ramolit and half the white sheep like a Barbado don't know what you call them. My Goat is not drinking enough water to make enough milk so I gave her some peanut brittle with powdered sugar on it to make her thirsty works on hogs thought it would work on goats .About ready to go C if it worked. It is cold in TEXAS!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
:brr: Ya, it's colder here than usual too; supposed to go down to -24C tonight. When I got up this AM, it was -17C but at least the :sunny: was shining for most of the day. However, it is supposed to warm up a bit over the weekend, so that is nice for us ... :D

Bootsie
12-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Rosebud it is hard to believe but some parts of Texas is going to get snow , but not here, they are expecting rain here though , which that is always welcomed at my house.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-24-2011, 10:36 PM
:wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE, EVERYONE!!!

:tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:

Well, we spent the day doing last minute little jobs getting ready for tomorrow. I just finished wrapping up DH's presents; and will do his stocking before going to bed (ya, he's still a kid at heart). We just finished watching a nice Christmasy movie about love; one with a happy ending -- and perfect for this time of year.

BOOTSIE ~ glad to hear that you are going to get some :rain:. I bet the other areas will be glad for a "WHITE CHRISTMAS" this year. Well, precip is precip ... ;) Yesterday afternoon, I made a few treats for our guests (i.e. peanut butter balls). They are lower carb recipes with lots less sugar & flour, but don't tell them that. I only made 18-24 of each kind, so there won't be too many leftovers.

I picked up some NO SUGAR ADDED shortbread to try this year; I tried one for the first time tonight with my coffee, and they aren't too bad. I sent some down to my Dad, so I think he'll be happy with them. He's a cookie monster, but needed something with less sugar.

Now it's time to put my feet up and rest; gotta big day ahead of us tomorrow, with company coming. Have a great time celebrating our Lord's birthday everyone ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!!!

:celebrate: :woo: :woo: :woo: :celebrate:

bargoo
12-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!!!

EZMONEY
12-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Yes what ^ THEY ^ said!

I will be back later today, Angie and I are getting ready to take the dogs to the beach for a walk then breakfast at the cafe.

Peace

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-25-2011, 11:12 PM
:tree: MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! :tree:

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-26-2011, 01:05 PM
:snowglo: You know, I was thinking today about how blessed we all are. Every day, I get up and thank GOD (literally) for the day; and, for life. I am so grateful & thankful to be alive; and I thank GOD every day when I feel good. We've had so many family members and friends with genetic diseases, and cancer, and injuries, that it has made me so glad for every day of good health (hence, my moniker).

DH & I woke up this AM with severe legs cramps (Charlie Horses, we call them); and I had the sweats with a fever. I hope I'm not coming down with something, but DH & I prayed (and I took an aspirin); and I am feeling better right now -- and I am grateful for that.

After one day of salt & sugar overload :lol:; I had a healthier lunch today, and plan some nice leftovers (roast beef & veggies) for dinner tonight too. I gleaned up the leftovers to give our birdies a nice Christmas treat (crushed up crackers & nuts), and they sure loved that.

We had a great time with our friends here and we received some really nice, thoughtful gifts. The best gifts are not those that cost a lot of money, but ones that bring us love & comfort in our daily lives; and that's what good family & friends can do for us, and we can do for them.

I am praying that my DH has a good year this year; he's taking his meds faithfully, and I am starting to notice that he can recall conversations better than before -- no, it's not perfection, but it's an improvement; and I am grateful for that.

It was very encouraging, when our friends told me that they could see that I had lost weight since the last time they saw me (esp in the face & arms). It's always nice to have some kind of confirmation for all my efforts, esp when they are noticed by someone else too.

I know that I am an optimist; and I am so grateful for that becuz that is something my DH struggles with -- keeping a positive outlook on life despite circumstances. He battles this on a daily basis, so I am hoping & praying that 2012 will be a more positive year for him & his family.

We need to cherish every moment of every day; we need to focus on the positive; and on all the blessings we receive each day, each month, and each year -- for there are many, but we as humans tend to forget that becuz we don't keep track.

Last night, one of our friends was talking about how some people waste so much time & energy holding grudges over petty offenses (real or imagined); and complaining about inconsequential things in life, when in reality, they are blessed beyond measure ...

Meaning, to look at how full your glass is; not how empty. Meaning, to look at how full your basket already is, not that you need a bigger basket so you can have more. In other words, knowing when enough is enough; and that you already have that and more.

What the world needs now -- is LOVE, GOD'S PURE LOVE; and JOY, and PEACE, and HOPE -- and that is exactly what JESUS came to bring us. It's ours for the asking; it's ours for the taking; it's a free gift, so let's take it and run with it this new year ... :hug:

Bootsie
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Rosebud, you are such an awesome lady. i don't even know you but here it is like in Heaven to me, talking to each other souls. I realize how blessed I have been and beginning to accept my brothers death. Things have slowed down on that a little bit but so much still needs to be done. I am wondering if it will ever stop but thankful that I can do what I can do. Blessings sent your way...

bargoo
12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I posted a prayer request on Prayer Warriors regarding my son. I am asking prayer for him regarding a decision he has made. I pray I am wrong but I see nothing but emotional and financial disaster in the marriage he is contempalting. Gold digger, user , opportunist are a few words that come to mind. Others have the same impression but he is determined to go through with this.She is many years younger than him and pregnant with another man's child as an example. She lives in another country, he is bringing her to the US and plans to marry her and adopt the child. I need prayer at this time, he leaves tomorrow , I am sick over this as are other members of the family , we see the red flags that he does not see.

wilma12
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I hope al of you had a lovely Christmas. I sure did! It was so good to have our kids and new grandson together. I could just sit and listen to them reconnect all day. I, of course, ate too much but have a plan to get going on healthier eating and exercise. Our basement is cleaned up for now so there are no excuses that I can use. Even the weather has been incredible here.

Bargoo: My prayers are with you. Both of my sons have dated girls we knew weren't good for them and they did see that before anything permanent happned. This is my prayer for your son also that somehow the red flags you talked about will be revealed to him.

Rosebud: Thanks also for your positive attitude. I wish I had more of a glass full lookout on life. It might just have to be my theme for 2012!

Gary: I saw you pop your head in here. Nice to see you again. It looks like we both have some new additions to our families in the time I was away from here.

Have a great day!

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-28-2011, 03:56 PM
BOOTSIE ~ Thanks for your kind words. We may have not met in person, but you do know me -- becuz I am a very NON-pretentious & transparent person. What you see & read here, is who I am -- all the time, every day. I enjoy coming here and sharing with you all, esp in this forum; which has a special place in my heart, as you know ... :hug:

BARGOO ~ have sent up ^PRAYERS^ for your son, DAVID and this situation. They aren't kidding when they say that Love is blind. I'd bet if you told him this story about someone else, he would see the red flags right away. I am praying that she won't abandon him once she comes here, as that happened to someone in our family & he was warned too. I think their minds know the truth, but their hearts don't want to see it; and they are willing to take the chance for the dream. Just be there for him, no matter what happens ... :hug:

WILMA ~ we had a wonderful Christmas too; yes, I enjoyed it and ate lots of yummy stuff, but some healthy stuff too. Been back on track for the last few days & shared some goodies with our friends & birdies ...

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
:celebrate: HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE! :celebrate:

We had milder temps today (-4 C); so we went up town to get some fresh groceries & pay bills. It was really busy; forgot it was New Year's Eve -- eeks. Not a good day to shop, but we did run into people we know. :D

Hope you all have a nice evening bringing in the New Year: here's to 2012! May it be a good one for us all ... :cheers:

EZMONEY
12-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Happy New Year to all of you. I will get here and catch up this week-end I promise!!! I do...I really do....

bargoo
12-31-2011, 08:06 PM
May you all Have a Happy New Year. God Bless You in 2012..

EZMONEY
01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
STOP POSTING HERE AND GO TO....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/249475-christian-encouragers-january.html#post4151739

psychnurse05
12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Hello all!
Rosebud- sounds like you are in the Christmas spirit! I am hoping to volunteer at a local homeless shelter for Christmas. I also am donating items to our hospital for patients without money.

I live in Iowa and this is the first year I have seen green grass in December. If there isn't snow it is usually brown, but this year we have gotten rain and no snow. It is hard to imagine another Christmas without snow. There is something magical about it that I can't describe. The winters I had as a kid had snow drifts as tall as my head and blizzards every week. The last 5-8 years the snow has slowly gotten less and less. I hope we get to see some soon. My son wants snow so bad as well. I want to see my daughters face when she sees it for the first time.

It hurts me to remember that this is a sad time for some people. Being haunted by what used to be and will never be again, or by never was and no hope to be. I try to do my part in spreading the love, but some people just don't want anything to do with it. It makes me sad to see people so hurt that they won't let me in. FEAR is poison to the soul.

bargoo
12-02-2012, 09:33 AM
This is a December 2011 thread.

psychnurse05
12-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Bahahah thanks Bargo... wow... I obviously need to look at the dates!

bargoo
12-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Bahahah thanks Bargo... wow... I obviously need to look at the dates!

Well, it is early in the AM !!