General chatter - The Positive Thread

View Full Version : The Positive Thread

unpretty
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
I thought maybe we could have this thread where we share ONLY the positive things in our life with each other. I think that talking about the positive aspects of your life with others makes you focus on it more, and hopefully will really pick us up when we need it and get us to appreciate what we have. I'll start?

I'm happy because I have a few events coming up. 21st party this weekend, work christmas party and my cousin's 18th next weekend, fancy dress party the following weekend, christmas, new years, and maybe another birthday party after that. Then in February I might be going to either Hawaii or the Gold Coast (AUS)! I bought two nice dresses today and they were so cheap, and I had a great day out in the city with my friend.

mammasita
12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
This is the season for "events"!! I have a party this saturday and then another I'm throwing with a couple friends the saturday after. I'm still trying to figure out what Im gonna wear!!

HikingChloe
12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes! The positive threads I LOVE.

If you go in the support groups and into the 100+ club there is a monthly "Attitude of Gratitude."

It is my new favorite thing and really makes a daily difference in my life.

It sounds like you have some wonderful events to look forward to in the weeks (and months) ahead. That is great!

unpretty
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
yep :) I'm gonna try and find a positive every day and post it in this thread. I think we all should- if we focus on the positives, we feel happier and more motivated overall. Hopefully this thread helps myself and others to develop a more positive way of thought.

sontaikle
12-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Yay positive thread! :) I'm super jealous of the places you might get to go to!!

My fiancee got a better job. This means we can start saving even more for our wedding and future home/apartment. He called me up and said "This means we can start moving things forward." :)

Very exciting :) Should I start shopping for wedding dresses? Haha

SweetPeach3388
12-01-2011, 12:07 PM
hmm... for me it is hard to find too much positivity right now. I'm just simply stressed due to law school finals! However, here is my attempt to look on the bright side.

- On December 15th at 1 p.m. I will be half done law school!!! I can't believe how fast it has been flying by!
- Also, I am super excited for my baby sister. Her cheerleading team won the AYF national championships for their division in Disney last December, and they won regionals on Sunday sending them back to compete again this year!!
- On Christmas, my fiance and I will have been engaged for a year... it is slightly sad that we still have not yet set a date, but what is truly important is that we are happy and appreciate each other very much. Our relationship only grows stronger each day.
- My fiance is in his first term of college (he was finally able to get the money to go) and he has an A and a B+. Hopefully he is starting to believe in himself, too!

Okay, I found more positive things than expected, which is great!

rachaelm
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Love positive threads. I am all about accentuating the positives in my life.

I am a Christmas nut. So this time of year is so.much.fun. for me. Finding the perfect gifts for people, the joy of family time, singing Christmas songs with my son & niece, cooking fun holiday foods.

My list of positives could go on for way too long, so I'll stop there!

ade903
12-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I am going to be an aunt this next year (July).
I actually worked out twice this week so far. That's more than the last five months combined.
Yesterday was the happiest I've been for no apparent reason since my break up in April. I'm blaming the exercise.
I haven't eaten out this week at all.
I have been vegetarian for 137 days and I love it.
I got 100% on my first assignment for my master's program.

kirsteng
12-01-2011, 01:27 PM
My reasons to be happy;

* I weigh less (even 3 pounds!) than I did on the first of November. Progress!

* I am feeling better in my skin every single day that I work on my weight.

* My toddler is napping at the moment and my other 2 children are at school and activities until 4:30pm today... AHHHHHHH! ;)

*The birds are singing and it's going to be 85F/30C here today.

* I love Christmas too, and we're putting up the tree on Saturday morning. I love the carols, the cookies (but not too many this year!), the anticipation, the presents! :)

* My sister is coming to visit in 2 months, and will be staying for 3 weeks! (She's in north america, I'm in south.. so it's a big deal!)

Sinoia
12-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Super positive, having just completed NanoWriMo and stepped back a dozen years to when I felt most accomplished. Whatever fell in between has gone and I am back to writing ... full time.

Even more positive and this I will say every day for ... well ... for as long as I live. I have the most wonderful partner in the world. Every day I will be thankful for that.

midwife
12-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I got a hair cut and there was enough cut off to donate it, which was a pleasant surprise.

pockets
12-01-2011, 03:56 PM
My husband and I have been together for 13 years. After a slump in our marriage, we're now more in love than ever before. :D

Emme
12-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I love this thread. It is so great to read through this and see so much positivity. Weight-loss takes over so much of our lives sometimes, and it can really be a strong determinant in how our emotions are doing daily (meaning sometimes it can make us feel really bad and negative about ourselves).

Today, I am happy that:

My husband and I are officially trying for our first child
It is bright and sunny today even though it is 40 degrees
It's December...one of my favorite months because of the many family members I get to see around the holidays
I am healthy

suetalks
12-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I wasn't feeling very positive this morning, then I baby-sat my 2 1/2 year old great grandson. Turns a sore day very sweet. Just love all my babies to pieces. So, my first positive is always FAMILY.
A second positive is GOOD HEALTH. Yes, I am overweight and working on it, but I am pretty darn healthy none the less.

Love the idea of a daily positive. I will try to remember to pop in here again. :)

chickadee32
12-02-2011, 02:22 AM
My husband and I are going through our first IVF cycle, and the stimulation has worked very well and I will be triggering tomorrow. I was so afraid things wouldn't work, and I am incredibly grateful that they are so far. I feel very blessed and lucky for so many reasons right now.

unpretty
12-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Positives of the day:

- I tried on these awesome fuschia heels which I think I can actually walk in for once! Maybe I'm getting better at heels? Maybe I should get them :)

http://www.spendless.com.au/product_images/j/mikayla_16876__64804.gif

- I weighed in at 61.5kg today, which is the lightest I've been probably since the beginning of last year. WOOO! My shorts are feeling loose on me already.

- I am wearing coral lipstick and I love it :cb:

Jojo381972
12-02-2011, 02:53 AM
^Love this shoes! Awesome thread!

I love being positive, especially when people around you are so negative.

:) Today I was pleased that my jeans were very loose and almost falling down. I believe I may have to buy new jeans after another 12 pounds.

:) My schedule was changed so I now have every weekend off which is a relief. I can have a social life again.

:) I finally got around after eight months of unpacking some pictures I bought in my travels and hung them on the walls. Feeling a bit more homey in here now.

:) Gave an early Xmas gift to my mom yesterday which makes me happy to see her feel appreciated.

Rainbowgirl
12-02-2011, 03:29 AM
It's really hard for me to find anything to be positive about today (the bad news about the job, struggling financially, having an emotional time with my decision to move home, etc) but I suppose the one good thing is that it's now my weekend and I plan to spend it at home with my dog.

Daki
12-02-2011, 12:15 PM
I love this!

I have soooo many good things going on in my life for a change. Ever since I started dating my boyfriend in August 2010 my life has just been going up, up, up!

1) I get to bring my boyfriend home to New Jersey with me for the first time to spent the weekend with my family. My 8 year old sister has a dance recital on Sunday and she's a wonderful dancer.
2) My birthday is this month and I'll celebrate it going out to dinner for hibachi with 10 of my friends.
3) My boyfriend has dropped a few hints that he's planning something big and romantic but didn't realize it would take so long and might be ready by Valentine's Day (....is he saving for a ring?!)
4) Christmas! I was able to find everyone in my family the PERFECT gift and went a little overboard with my budget but how could I resist when I figured out something great for everyone! I can't wait for them to open everything!
5) In March, my boyfriend and I are moving from the house that we rent into the basement apartment at his parents' house to save money for a down payment on a house! I say basement apartment as opposed to just basement because it has a bathroom, laundry room, living room, BAR, kitchen, bedroom, and private entrance. It's not your regular old basement :D

SO many good things to focus on.

unpretty
12-03-2011, 09:58 AM
its after midnight now but my positive for Saturday:

- I went out for coffee with my friend at night, and there were cute waiters there who kept looking over at us. When we went to pay, one of them came up to me and smiled and acted all suave, gave me one of those push pop lollipops and said "here you go love" and I asked "whats this for?" he said "its for christmas" and winked at me, and gave one to my friend.. haha.
- Later on we walked back past that cafe as they were closing up for the night, and the cute waiter called out to us "hey girls, want some more lollies?" haha. We politely declined. It kinda gave us something to laugh about for the night so it was good.

dragonwoman64
12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
I do love Christmas. I griped at first about it getting dark so early, but it's really fun to walk home and see all the Christmas lights and decorations on the stores and houses (brownstones and apartments). I love walking by the trees for sale and smelling the pine. I bought a little Norfolk Island pine for us, too cute.

I'm looking forward to seeing the craft fairs, Midnight Mass. I'm knitting a couple of presents, and will be baking cookies. Love that. I even get a kick out of some of the schlocky Christmas movies, ha. Decorating the apartment.

PS buy the shoes, they're great!

suetalks
12-03-2011, 12:31 PM
A positive today:
The scales finally moved another pound DOWN. Six pounds for the last 4 weeks which I am happy with. (over Thanksgiving and all)
I am a slow loser and would gladly take 6 pounds a month. :)

Madame Souza
12-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Great Thread! I like posting on the gratitude thread in the 100 club and will post here as well. I think it's so important to be thankful for everything positive in our lives and we will see so much more positive things. I have been trying to focus on more positive things and have found that I am much more happier and able to deal with things. We are all so blessed in so many ways.
I had a great day at work today. I work in an assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care complex. Anyway, today I got to take Santa and his elves around to visit all of the residents. We have this really great Santa who volunteers to come in every year and he knows what to say to each and every resident. He knows if he should joke with them or be serious. I can't quite explain how awesome and fun this was for me to see him interact with everyone.

billthecat
12-04-2011, 12:04 AM
I love this threat..I am blessed married my best friend in May 2011 after 2 horribly abusive marriages. So now i am working on my weight and all is good. Christmas is around the corner and all is good. Count our blessings one by one..:^:

billthecat
12-04-2011, 12:05 AM
I love this threat..I am blessed married my best friend in May 2011 after 2 horribly abusive marriages. So now i am working on my weight and all is good. Christmas is around the corner and all is good. Count our blessings one by one..:^:

ooops typing will improve threat=thread

billthecat
12-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Positives of the day:

- I tried on these awesome fuschia heels which I think I can actually walk in for once! Maybe I'm getting better at heels? Maybe I should get them :)

http://www.spendless.com.au/product_images/j/mikayla_16876__64804.gif

- I weighed in at 61.5kg today, which is the lightest I've been probably since the beginning of last year. WOOO! My shorts are feeling loose on me already.

- I am wearing coral lipstick and I love it :cb:

:Dbuy the shoes and work that lipstick!!! CONGRATS!

unpretty
12-05-2011, 06:07 AM
thanks :) I did buy those shoes today, they go quite well with my white party dress.

Positive of the day: I had a great day out shopping with my cousin, I haven't got the chance to properly hang out with her in so long, so I really enjoyed today. :)

unpretty
12-05-2011, 06:16 AM
my dress with the shoes:

ade903
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
After having a horrible weekend, I'm in need for some positives:
I am down 10 lbs since November 15th.
I truly love being a vegetarian.
I am happier than I have been in a long time.

suetalks
12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Ashley- GREAT- 10 pounds is quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work.
unpretty..Love the shoes and dress...you look adorable.

Glad to hear everyone's positives. I went on an impromptu shopping trip with a GF who called out of the blue and asked if I would go with her to return an item. Fun, fun....and I even got a few more gifts checked off my list. I love finding a great sale!!

ArtyKay
12-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I have the most amazing husband...I'm thankful for that every day.

Also, for the first time since miscarriage last month I've been able to think about trying to get pregnant again...and I'm starting to get excited. I think that maybe in a month or two we're going to start trying.

Rainbowgirl
12-06-2011, 12:57 AM
With more bad news today (our union rep telling us, and this is a direct quote, "you're going to get shafted" and that they "can't", read: won't, do anything to save our jobs, the fact we won't get a severence package or be retrained AND we could be out of work as soon as March), it's still hard to think of the positives. I haven't been sleeping well (a few hours a night), I cry nearly constantly even though my decision to move home was done before this happened, and I'm just generally stressed.

That said, I'm GRATEFUL that I take very little sick time because I have over 130 hours of it banked (which is more than I get for vacation every year) and I will be paid out 40% of it in cash (part of which will be taken for $(*%&%(&$^&*$)#%ing UNION DUES!! :mad:

*deep breath* Nonetheless, I am GRATEFUL for it because it IS a positive and means I *WON'T* have to try and move home with no money for the car payments or whatnot.

Small graces, I guess.

ArtyKay
12-06-2011, 03:21 AM
:hugs: You'll pull through. I'm sorry about work, that sucks.

But hey, small things add up. Just keep positive, that's all you can do.

suetalks
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I am POSITIVE that it is too darn cold and gray here today.

But on a really positive note...I got another gift purchased and am off on a quick vacation soon.

eusebius
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I love this positive thread. I just read the whole thing and it made me feel good. Thanks, everyone :hug:

Positive things for me:
I actually cooked an on plan dinner tonight!! I haven't done that in weeks.
I've been back on plan for 2 days
My husband just got the travel grant he applied for so we're going to Europe in spring!

Thanks again,
Erika

unpretty
12-07-2011, 05:28 AM
With more bad news today (our union rep telling us, and this is a direct quote, "you're going to get shafted" and that they "can't", read: won't, do anything to save our jobs, the fact we won't get a severence package or be retrained AND we could be out of work as soon as March), it's still hard to think of the positives. I haven't been sleeping well (a few hours a night), I cry nearly constantly even though my decision to move home was done before this happened, and I'm just generally stressed.

That said, I'm GRATEFUL that I take very little sick time because I have over 130 hours of it banked (which is more than I get for vacation every year) and I will be paid out 40% of it in cash (part of which will be taken for $(*%&%(&$^&*$)#%ing UNION DUES!! :mad:

*deep breath* Nonetheless, I am GRATEFUL for it because it IS a positive and means I *WON'T* have to try and move home with no money for the car payments or whatnot.

Small graces, I guess.

that sucks :( but just try focus on positives only in this thread, it'll make you feel better ;)

unpretty
12-07-2011, 05:30 AM
I spent the last two days up the coast visiting family, it was good to see them again and I'm happy to have them in my life :)