Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default The illogical day to start - December 1

I've had a lot of things going on in my life since the Little Goddess was born. Once I had figured out one thing (breastfeeding), I needed to learn another (we're still taking the remedial course on napping). With so many things on my plate, I shoved eating OP right off. I seriously ate whatever I could and at an INSANE speed. Who knew I could eat that fast?

I could easily put it off starting because of the holidays. January 1 is always a great day to start. Tons of motivation floating around. 3FC is PACKED

So now I've accepted a new job that starts January 3rd.

And this could easily lead to putting off eating right... I mean, a new job, new stress, new schedules... And I am not saying they're "excuses" per se. I think it's valid but at some point, I've got to figure this out. Life happens.

I've decided to start back to plan on December 1st. . I am going back to the Midwest to visit family and I know how much I love midwestern cooking. Christmas is hard. Hanukkah is hard. But so are babies and jobs and, and, and...

I've had some time to rethink why I can't stay on plan. BB (Before Baby), I cooked on a whim. I had no idea what I was going to have for dinner. We may go out, we may run to the grocery store, we may see friends. It was easy for me to adjust my plan based on what I did that day. Now, if it's not in my fridge prepared, portioned out, and ready to go -- I'm not eating it. Wow, what a crazy change! I am NOT a planner!

My goal for December is to prepare lunches and snacks in three-day chunks and write a menu for dinners for the week to involve the Cute Boyfriend in preparing. And to track it all.

Any planners out there? Hint or methods you use?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Good for you for not putting this off. You've had so many things you're still adjusting to that OP eating just takes a back seat.

I'd look at the ads in the Sunday paper and see what meats are on sale and plan around them (might as well save money, too.). Try cooking 2 or more meals worth of food and freeze some. Chef salads are good for a quick meal if the Cute BF is ok with that. Save chicken or other meat from one day to toss in a big salad the next. (Or for a lunch.) I rely on the freezer a lot. It's faster to cook big and immediately freeze 2 or 3 meals for next week or whenever time is tight. Just get it packaged and frozen right away.

Good luck. I hope the holidays with the Little Goddess are wonderful.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I love this Jessica!! I know you can do it.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #4  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Good for you for starting today, Jessica! It's so much better than just waiting a whole month until January 1st when most people decide it's time to lose weight.

I'm a big planner...I'll write out what I'm going to cook for dinner before I go grocery shopping that way I can buy everything I need. I don't know if you eat ground turkey, but I'll buy 4 packs of ground turkey, brown the meat, and then store it in the freezer until the night before I might need it. It's easy for me that way b/c I can make turkey tacos and sloppy joes in a jiff if I need to. Good luck to you!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Oh Emme! What a GREAT idea. It may have to wait as my freezer is TINY and it's currently full of breast milk. Ha!

Lin - I love salads. They are my go-to meal for lunch. I just need to make them ahead of time or else the ingredients just sit in my fridge.

Last edited by Goddess Jessica; 12-03-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/191

Height: 5'6"

I agree, good for you for not waiting!
We do a lot of grilling around here, and have veggies for sides. My husband always makes extra of whatever we're grilling and I take it for lunch the next day. I've actually grown to like cold salmon and cold chicken with hot sauce!
Good luck to you! You can do it!!!
1049jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I just want to say that no day is illogical to start a plan for better health. That's what stops all of us so often - waiting for the logical day to start.

What day is that? The day that has no stress? The day that has no temptations? The day that has no cravings? The day that has no sad memories? The day that has no reason for celebration? The day that has no interactions with friends? The day that has no pending holiday? That day doesn't exist, so it might as well be TODAY that we decide to make a difference.

If you had told me on January 13, 2011 what December 2011 would be like for me, I'd never have believed you. The time is going to pass regardless of how you deal with it. Today might as well be the logical day to make a change.

Just had to get philosophical for a moment. Have a great day, everyone.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I think it is great that you are starting now. You are exactly right...there will ALWAYS be something....I re-started my weight loss journey last year on 12/14/10. Why that day? Absolutely no reason, really. Other than I had decided that I was done...done w/ the excuses about why I couldn't eat well and/or workout. Sure, there have been some minor blips along the way, BUT...I have held on to my eating well (thanks to planning ahead) and my workouts. Funny...the two things that used to be the first things to get tossed aside, have been what I hold on to when things feel like they are spinning out of control.

So, if I can do it...so can you! It will be hard, but sooo worth it!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I started on December first, too! And I like what mj said: there will always be something. Yesterday I went out and wound out eating out two times but I think I made healthy choices each way around.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote