30-Somethings - Bathing Suit Season Challenge

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Bathing Suit Season Challenge

PrairieGirl
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Is it too early to be thinking about basking in the warm summer sun on a sandy beach? I can't afford time off between school and work to go on a southern vacation so I have about six months before this can happen.

Every New Year's I make a resolution to look great in a bathing suit and dammit this is the year! My goal is to lose at least 25lbs in the next six months and confidently wear a two piece bathing suit. I'll let you know how I'm going to do this when I figure it out LOL.

Anyone in for a swimsuit challenge?

Sungseng
11-29-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm in! I have a wedding in 6 months near the beach!

SW: 153.2
CW: 153.2
GW: 124

This should be fun!

sheramama
11-29-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm in. I'm not going to hit my Onderland by my 30th birthday (in less than a month :o ) so I need this!

SW: 230
CW: 230
GW: 190

Jojo381972
11-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Oh my Gosh! Perfect timing, Prairie girl!

My long term goal is to lose 40 pounds by June 1st.
My mom's wedding is the first weekend in June and I am going to be the MC..I won't buy my dress till May, so I know what size I'll be by then. I'm so stoked for the summer!! Yay!

SW: 212
GW: 170

We can all do this! This is the year! My 40th Bday is mid may and I need to hit this goal!! It isn't my ultimate goal..but close to it.

AndLy
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm in. The challenges really keep me motivated :)

Swimsuit challenge SW 176.5
Swimsuit challenge GW 136

kateleestar
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm in too!

I've got another family vacation - all of my dads brothers & sisters and all their kids and my MIL/FIL, sigh. :lol: This is in August, but I hope to be at "goal" then, so I'm going to shoot for 175 by 6/1. Wouldn't that be awesome to show up after not seeing them for 2 years and be way way smaller? lol.

So... here goes:

SW: 209
CW: 209
GW: 175

That is only 35 lbs. I lost 9.8 in November so far, so I know I can do this!

YEY! And Shera, when is your bday? Mine is 12/11! And I'll be 30, lol... Joy. ;)

PrairieGirl
11-29-2011, 07:47 PM
All right ladies! We can do this! Lots of time, no procrastinating, if you start now you've got lots of time.

Does anyone want a challenge spreadsheet? Weights beginning Dec 1st, with a monthly weigh-in? Weekly? Will that motivate anyone?

Jojo381972
11-29-2011, 08:08 PM
^A weekly weigh in spreadsheet would be fantastic!

Time goes fast though!
Run, run, run! ;)

InsideMe
11-29-2011, 08:23 PM
I AM SO IN! I have a goal to wear a rainbow bikini at the next Toronto Pride! I'm doing it in 2012! It's July 1st so end of June I wanna be in it and look AMAZING in it too!

Krizstyling
11-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Would love to have a spreadsheet. Would be great if we could get many girls to sign up! The first day of summer is in June correct? Let's do this! I'm hoping by Spring Break to be bikini ready!

PrairieGirl
11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
We should all post a hawt bikini pic in six months!

Okay, I'll make a spreadsheet, official start day is December 1st with a weekly weigh-in, feel free to join anytime, challenge ends June 1st. Provide your start weight, goal weight, and check in once a week and I'll add you to the sheet.

Good luck ladies!

Rocketgirl2011
11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm in too :) I'd already set up a goal for a June 30th goal for myself, that's basically my "big goal" but June 1 is also great as I should be steps away from goal weight by then. Yay! I love the support of a group to lose weight. I've just started (about a month ago) nice to have a chance to support a group along the way. Bravo for the idea!

Sarah

InsideMe
11-30-2011, 01:25 PM
We should all post a hawt bikini pic in six months!

Okay, I'll make a spreadsheet, official start day is December 1st with a weekly weigh-in, feel free to join anytime, challenge ends June 1st. Provide your start weight, goal weight, and check in once a week and I'll add you to the sheet.

Good luck ladies!

Yeahh!!! Yeah a spreadsheet works. Maybe we could do an interim, like halfway to June 1 and post progress pics them too and maybe before pics? Just an idea, what does everyone think?

PrairieGirl
11-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeahh!!! Yeah a spreadsheet works. Maybe we could do an interim, like halfway to June 1 and post progress pics them too and maybe before pics? Just an idea, what does everyone think?

I'm down for before, mid point and after pics (bikini's optional!)

Good idea.

InsideMe
11-30-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm down for before, mid point and after pics (bikini's optional!)

Good idea.

Of course only if you feel comfortable!

PrairieGirl
12-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Okay ladies,

It's started--a 6 month challenge to look hot on the beach!

The spreadsheet isn't fancy right now, but I may jazz it up when I'm not studying for finals. I'm also going to try to get into a swimsuit and post a before picture if I get gutsy :o

If you want to participate and you're not on the spreadsheet just let me know. I entered the info I have and any weights you post this weekend will be considered SW (starting weight). Let me know if I missed you or made a mistake or you want anything added (like a GW).

Good luck!:carrot:

Jojo381972
12-02-2011, 02:23 AM
^Great! So will you be entering our weights then weekly. I know on another challenge someone did the form in pdf format or Microsoft excel spreadsheet so we could enter our own info on a weekly basis. It may be easier for you.

I think I'll refrain from the swimsuit pic at the moment. hah!

kateleestar
12-02-2011, 08:52 AM
HI ALL!

Checking in... I'm gonna post here more than once a week, I think. This place keeps me on track better.

I weighed in at 208 this morning.. I can't recall the last time I saw that number! So I'm officially another lb closer to my goal.

Keep going everyone! The longer you eat good stuff, the longer you can do without bad stuff. :D :carrot:

InsideMe
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Checking in too. Today is my official weigh in date and it's 196.2lbs! So that's right.

The spreadsheet is great! Could we add sizes too?

Not sure what my goal weight should be for June 1st? I don't know if I'll be down to 130 by then, so lets say 160lbs GW for now and if I surpass that's even better. I'm going more by size right now, cause I'm in a size 12 and hoping to be in a size 6-8 by then

AndLy
12-02-2011, 11:28 AM
The spreadsheet is great! Thanks for taking the time to make it :)

LadyJessica
12-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm going to jump in on this one too!

SW 165
GW 125

PrairieGirl
12-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Checking in too. Today is my official weigh in date and it's 196.2lbs! So that's right.

The spreadsheet is great! Could we add sizes too?

Not sure what my goal weight should be for June 1st? I don't know if I'll be down to 130 by then, so lets say 160lbs GW for now and if I surpass that's even better. I'm going more by size right now, cause I'm in a size 12 and hoping to be in a size 6-8 by then

Sizes are so finnicky...at the same store a size 8 will be too big on me and the size 6 too small and a size 11 at the store next door way, way way too small.

How about measurements? That's a really good way to see even small changes, a size can be 10lbs or more, but a few inches can be lost without losing any weight at all.

I think I'll leave keeping track of that stuff up to you guys, but I'll maintain the spreadsheet (unless I'm goofing it up and please let me know!), it will keep me on track to have to come on here and update for you all. Helps keep me motivated!

Sungseng
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Just had a really bad weekend, hungover in a bus station facing into a 4 and a half hour bus journey, my choice was either burger king or baskin robbins, burger king won, I stand by my choice! :D

Lots of work to do before weigh in on the 8th!

The spreadsheet is awesome, thank you so much!

ChickieChicks
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi! Can I join? :)

I'm at my goal weight, but pregnancy and just plain being overweight did a number on my body. I feel awesome in clothing, but my tummy area leaves much to be desired naked....boo hiss! So my goal is to do something, anything to make that area better, or just feel better about it in general. :)

I bought a bikini last month as my Goal Suit. Looking good...just the dang Mommy Doughnut from ****!!! ;)

aware210
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm in! I would love to rock a cute victoria's secret bikini at schliterbahn or something this year!

InsideMe
12-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Measurements work! :) If everyone is good with that too. So is check in this Friday?

khumphrey
12-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I am in I live on a lake in Central Michigan and during the summer I am always on the beach with my hubby and kids. I have checked out pics of me that the hubby took, omg beached whale. I would also like to rock a cute 2 piece.

SW 196
GW 155

41 pounds I think I can do it. I might not beable to check in on Fridays but I will for sure be here on Mondays.

This is great Thanks for thinking of it.

sassyangies
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I would love to join this challenge.. I will not loose enough to be in a bikini in six months.. :) (it would be nice though) but I can definetely think of my goal for June 1st. I will update a little later.

sassyangies
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Ok I am ready for this challenge! My goal will be 49 pounds. I know it's probably going to be really hard to do, but I really need to push myself. So are we checking in on Fridays? Are we doing pics, measurements, or what? I'm super excited for a new challenge to take me into the year.

PrairieGirl
12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Anyone who wants to join is welcome!

Give me a starting weight and goal weight and I'll put you on the spreadsheet starting Dec 8th (so if you want to make that your start date that works too)

Everyone else get ready for week one weigh-in on the 8th!

sheramama
12-06-2011, 12:35 AM
I love the spread sheet!

PrairieGirl
12-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I hope I'm not confusing anyone! ;)

I've updated the spreadsheet for a few peeps who said they were in for the challenge over the last few days. Let me know if there is a problem with your stats on the sheet.

Weighing in...
Any weights received on or after Dec 8th (but before the 15th) will be week one weigh-ins, on or after December 15th (but before the 22nd) week two, and so on. My weekly weigh-ins are on Thursdays, but if you weigh in on Fridays, Saturdays, etc...that's fine too and I'll get your numbers into the sheet.

Measurements...
I liked InsideMe's suggestion of having a second measurement like size and I've added measurements to the sheet as a monthly thing, because sometimes changes show up here first and this works well for someone like ChickieChicks who is toning rather than losing. So, anytime in December feel free to add your measurements and I've made a space on the sheet for monthly measurements (bust, waist, hips to keep it simple). I'll remind you to measure again in January.

Photos...
Even if you don't post them, I would suggest taking a before, mid-point, and final photo to show yourself how hard you've worked. It's often hard to see your own weight loss. I am going to post my before pics (in my bikini :o) soon. You don't have to, but you're welcome to if you want. If you just want to post them at the end that's okay too. If you don't want to post at all that's okay as well.

Cheers all and good luck!

Rebound
12-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Can I join in? Go ahead with 223 for my starting weight. And if I lose exactly 2 pounds a week until June I'll weigh about 174, but just to give myself some wiggle room I'll go for a goal weight of 183, which would be a 40 pound loss. Not quite two-piece worthy, but maybe I'll feel a little better in my normal suit.

Good luck everyone!!

Jojo381972
12-07-2011, 01:17 AM
^40 pounds is a great goal! :)

Prairiegirl: Awesome job on the new tracking sheet! I'll need to take my measurements soon. Thanks for starting this challenge.

InsideMe
12-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Wahooooo it's looks AMAZING! I love love the palm trees :) Your so creative :) :cp:

My normal weigh ins are on Friday's so I'll update my stats on Friday, measurements too.

I'm gonna pose in my skibby's if that's ok, or hike up my bathing suit. I don't have my goal bathin suit yet, but I so want to be in a bikini for Pride, I'll post those on Friday too as my start.

Thank you for adding the measurements, my weight loss has totally slowed down since hitting the 190's, inches are coming off more now, so this really helps me out cause the scale is FRUSTRATING me! LOL

sassyangies
12-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the spreadsheet..I really need this challenge. I've been in the wrong mindset lately so I really need to get my butt in gear and get this going. For now I am only going to do weight. I will keep track of my pics and measurements though on my own. I'm super excited about this challenge!! Good luck to all the ladies!

LadyJessica
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I weighed in today and I'm at 162

shanhat81
12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
May I join???

I would love to get close to my WW goal by then!

PrairieGirl
12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Good job LadyJessica!

I on the other hand went the wrong way this week :( It's TOM, but I also have had a rough couple weeks with my eating. So I'm working on it and it's going to be hard over the holidays, but I'm getting back on track!

Sungseng
12-08-2011, 09:38 PM
CW: 150.6

Almost out of the 150's! Yay! Was a tough week willpower wise so totally delighted with myself!

Good luck ladies! :carrot:

InsideMe
12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm 196.2 TOM is due this weekend for me too :( So I probably won't see a move in the scale for another week or so.

Measurements have changed though:

Starting:

Chest: 42
Waist: 37
Hips: 39

Today

Chest: 41
Waist: 36.5
Hips: 39

sassyangies
12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi ladies.. Everyone I hope your weigh ins are going awesome. I forgot to post my weigh in yesterday. I was down 3 pounds so I'm down to 286. I love the spreadsheet. Great job on that.. Good luck everyone!! I may not be getting into a bikini, but I'll be glad to feel more comfortable in a cute bathing suit!!

LadyJessica
12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks Prairiegirl! I was really worried after the weekend. I seem to let my diet slip to the side during them.

Good job Sungseng and Sassyangles on your lost pounds.

1girlsjourney
12-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone!!:wave:

Can I please please join?! I am a newbie to the site but not new to weight loss and weight issues! I have gained the majority of my weight during 3 years of trying to conceive and being pumped with fertility drugs! But I when I finally gave up my hubs and I got pregnant on our own! So now he is 2 and I am almost back at the weight I was during pregnancy! I am a huge stress eater. I have tried so much already only to fail and gain even more weight back. Currently I work with a personal trainer twice a week, food journal and use my fitness pal. However, I am not losing anything!! I can honestly admit that my cardio is lacking and I am not as consistent as I should be when I am doing it.
Please help! Any advice on what is working for you all would be great.

But this challenge will be a huge motivation too.

CW 188.7
Goal weight in 6 months 148

please add me to your spreadsheet
THANKS!!
~Kim

PrairieGirl
12-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Nice work Sassyangies and Sungseng! 3lbs is awesome.

Insideme, I hear yah with TOM, what a thing, at least you know it's just because of that. Good job on the measures, I put your starting measures in so you'll see an even bigger difference to in January when we measure again!

Welcome to the challenge 1girlsjourney and Shanhat81! Let me know if you need any changes to the spreadsheet.

Good luck this week ladies, we can do this! I've been picturing myself walking on the beach when I'm walking to work through 6 inches of snow. Can't wait for summer :cool:

1girlsjourney
12-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks for getting me on! I will give measurements tomorrow

shanhat81
12-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Okay, I sucked hard this week. I'm at 165.9

My body loooooooooooooves 164-165 ... once I get into 163, the ship will be righted for at least 7 or 8 lbs.

shanhat81
12-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Here's a dumb question. I have my old measurements, but how do I get someone to measure me for new ones? Does it cost $?

sassyangies
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Shan,
If you don't have a cloth tape measure you can use a measuring tape and a string. Do your measurements with the string and then measure it with your tape measure. If you can get to a walmart (not sure if you know what that is) pretty much any store with a sewing department you can get a cloth one for really cheap and do it yourself so you don't have to pay anyone.

shanhat81
12-10-2011, 03:09 PM
^ Oh cool. Surprisingly few Wal-Marts in DC area, but I'll stop by the fabric store.

Thx

sassyangies
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Your welcome!! Just checking in on everyone how are you guys doing? I work all weekend, but I'm here in the am. So I'll be checking in most days! I have had a good weekend so far and I anticipate a loss on Thursday. Hopefully my ladies night out doesn't ruin that for me. I'm going to plan for it so I don't screw up my weigh in.
HOpe everyone is having a great Sunday!! :)

PrairieGirl
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Agh! I'm having a hard time staying on track lately. I went to a Christmas party last night and it seems everyone has an affinity for things containing cream cheese, other than the deer sausage and the veggies that I brought, everything had cream cheese in it. I did okay, didn't gorge or anything because being in the presence of other people usually keeps me in check, but it was a high calorie night either way.

I have big plans to get completely back on track starting Thursday. I just can't handle my normal exercise regime and meal planning when I'm studying for finals! That should be my new year's resolution. I always allow school to derail my efforts.

Good luck ladies and feel free to check in with weights for the spreadsheet, a few of you haven't weighed in yet :D

shanhat81
12-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Okay, I have measurements thx to my new measuring tape.

Bust: 37.5
Waist: 32
Hips: 40.5

My hips are as big as my bust was when I started. Actually, looking at this makes me realize how proportional my WL has been.

Starting measurements:

B - 40.5
W - 35
H - 43.5

Jojo381972
12-11-2011, 04:09 PM
hey folks.. a little late weighing in, but I'm at 210.

Congrats to all you girls who lost this week! That's so awesome! :)

I did not so well last night, and went on a drinking alcohol binge. I haven't drank in like three months. So..weigh in day is tomorrow and dreading it too. I'll keep you informed of my measurements soon.

1girlsjourney
12-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Girls it is so hard during the holidays but everyone hang in there!!! And jump right back on when you fall off!
We can do this!! Taking it one day at a time!!
:dust:

divadee32
12-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Ok so I am so in on this. I haven't worn a bikini in over 11 years, and it is not that I overly want to but it would be nice to have the option :) Plus diabetes is a huge risk for me due to strong family occurence (my dad's whole side has it) that my doctor has suggested I lose 30 lbs. My ultimate goal is 40 but I will see if I truly want to lose that last ten lbs once I lose the 30.

SW-160
GW-130
UGW-120

measurements:
bust-40
waist-35
hips-40

LadyJessica
12-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Sassy, just wanted to thank you for that suggestion with the string. I've never been good at trying to get my measurements by myself and the string idea may just work for me. I'll give it a try this week and try and get mine on here.

InsideMe
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey girls,

I'm here, staying on plan so far. I did drink but a here's a tip for you girls on what to drink! Skinny Girl Margaritas and Skinny Girl Sangria!!! Low cal and you can still enjoy. This is what I drank over the weekend and it never hurts me. 110cals for 4oz!!!! That's 4 SHOTS! And only 4g of sugar in 4oz. It ROCKS! Good luck this week ladies. TOM is here and it's so funny the scale is sticking at 196.....ahhhh this is my weight loss pattern. I don't lose until after TOM is done for 2 weeks after then when I O and when TOM arrives again I stick :(

shanhat81
12-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Time for some whine and cheese ...

I did a 90 min spin class yday and do not want to work out today. At all. So I'm struggling to get my patootie to Body Pump right now.

PrairieGirl
12-13-2011, 12:33 AM
I gotta look into these Skinny Girl drinks! I could use a drink after writing my final. That was a rough one, but only one more to go and then my life can get back to normal. Thank baby-Jesus!

I added some updates to the spreadsheet.

Welcome Tikrit and Divadee! Tikrit, feel free to weigh in whenever, anytime before Thursday will be week one, Thursday or after will have you starting on week 2.

We're almost ready for week 2 weigh-in and I'm going to be up again :( OMG. I am getting back on track, but it's going to take some big changes in my motivation and off track routine. This off-track ends now, I have no excuses.

Anyone else notice you can be on plan and doing great for 6-8 weeks and then totally go off the rails and it's so hard to get back on? What helped you get back?

shanhat81
12-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I gotta look into these Skinny Girl drinks! I could use a drink after writing my final. That was a rough one, but only one more to go and then my life can get back to normal. Thank baby-Jesus!

I added some updates to the spreadsheet.

Welcome Tikrit and Divadee! Tikrit, feel free to weigh in whenever, anytime before Thursday will be week one, Thursday or after will have you starting on week 2.

We're almost ready for week 2 weigh-in and I'm going to be up again :( OMG. I am getting back on track, but it's going to take some big changes in my motivation and off track routine. This off-track ends now, I have no excuses.

Anyone else notice you can be on plan and doing great for 6-8 weeks and then totally go off the rails and it's so hard to get back on? What helped you get back?

Yep, two weeks off the rails undid a month of work.

So now I'm back to tracking, tracking, tracking, tracking, tracking. And working out every day.

I may have overextended myself slightly Sunday/Monday, so a nice 60-minute go on the elliptical is in the cards for today.

PrairieGirl
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Why is it so much easier to gain than lose? LOL

shanhat81
12-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I want to know why broccoli doesn't taste like potato chips!

sassyangies
12-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi guys just checking in. I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I'm doing good it's been kinda busy, but I was lazy today. Just got back from a girls night out a much needed one. Back on track tomorrow. See you guys tomorrow.

divadee32
12-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Hi ladies hope you are all doing well :) I started a new job this week and
down to 157 :) Sweet!

kateleestar
12-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Checking in! I keep skipping this thread, I dont know why... WEIRD. I subscribed now though! HA!

Anywho, weigh in today, 12/15, was 206! Thanks for leaving, finally, water weight! :carrot:

Keep going, everyone!!! :D

LadyJessica
12-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Sorry I still haven't gotten around to getting my measurements but I just weighed in this morning and I'm now at 160. I was so happy to see that after the weekend I had. Lol.

I'm going to have to check out those skinny girl drinks too. I'd seen them but didn't know anyone who drank them so I wanted to wait to see if they were any goodm. Now I'll have to give them a whirl.

InsideMe
12-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Ughhhhh I've been sick the last 2 days, much better today, so no workout and totally ate comfort food! Went off plan. Weighed in this am still at 196 so it's all good but I HAVE to work out today and tomorrow and before the weekend cause I'm going up north to visit some old friends!!! Keep it up everyone, keep going!

sassyangies
12-15-2011, 10:47 AM
I hope everyone has good weigh ins this week. It's been a rough week for me. Too much eating out. I stayed at 286. So no gaining, but no loosing either.. Blah!!! But this week will be even better. (hopefully) I'm making my candies and cookies this week so maybe it won't be a better week.. No it will be better.

I hope everyone elses way in is great!

shanhat81
12-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Weigh in tomorrow. I feel ten million times better now that I'm tracking again, so maybe it'll show up on the scale.

PrairieGirl
12-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Good job losers! (tongue in cheek)

Well I clearly need some motivation lol. Although, at one point this week I saw 160 on the scale, so I'm up up up and then down a little, but up from last week. But I'm done finals and now I can get back into a normal routine. My efforts really get off track when I have exams and I let them take over my life for 3 weeks. I need to figure out how to do school and live my life too.

:dizzy:

Sungseng
12-15-2011, 10:42 PM
CW: 150.2

Crawling towards the 140's, body seems reluctant to go there though!

Thanks so much for this thread, it really keeps me in check!

Prairie girl is there some way we can access the spreadsheet ourselves? I feel like it's a whole lot of work for you!

FutureFitChick
12-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Me too. I want to shed 1#/week to try to hit for 220 by 7/2/12. No vacation planned yet.

Tjoli12
12-15-2011, 11:32 PM
I just signed up to join this challenge. Pleas add me on tomorrow's weigh in. starting weight 197, goal 157. I will add measurements when I take my starting pictures.
I needed someting to motivate me, and make me an active participant. I liked what I saw with this thread, so I would love to be included.
T

PrairieGirl
12-16-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't mind doing the spreadsheet at all. Gives me little study breaks, but if it starts to get out of hand or I know I won't have time to update it I will figure something else out.

Welcome Tjoli and FutureFitChick!

Delphi
12-16-2011, 12:49 AM
I would love to join you ladies if that is alright. Just booked airline tickets and rented a house on the beach for the first week of July and REALLY hoping to be at goal by then. Starting weight today is 191 and goal is 150!

Jojo381972
12-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Hey girls,
Skinny Girl Margaritas and Skinny Girl Sangria!!! Low cal and you can still enjoy. This is what I drank over the weekend and it never hurts me. 110cals for 4oz!!!! That's 4 SHOTS! And only 4g of sugar in 4oz. It ROCKS! :(

I'll check for these! Thanks for the idea.

Jojo381972
12-16-2011, 03:25 AM

Thanks for the spreadsheet. I do know what it is like to go off for that amount of time and it seems I've been out of whack for the past few weeks.

I have been thinking lately that I don't want to go back to where I was. I also look at my progress and think I'd be really stupid if I went back to old habits. It is so hard to slip a little and then just say the heck with it and give up completely.

I didn't weigh in this week. I was supposed to weigh in on Monday, but I was afraid to. I will go and weigh in tomorrow and get back to you for the second week.

I hope you ladies are having a great week! :hug: Keep up the hard work!

My measurements

44- B
42 - W
44 - H

Delphi
12-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Just thought I would check in! I hope everyone is having a great start to their weekends. It was my high calorie day today so I am feeling bushed. In any case was another OP day, so I can't argue with that.

PrairieGirl
12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm down to 156.0 this morning. It's funny, the minute school was taken off my to do list I feel fantastic. No stress, lots of free time, very motivated not only to exercise and eat right, but to get other things like chores, Christmas baking, etc...done. I might need to take a serious look at whether or not I can continue being in school while working full-time. I'm going to try taking only one class next semester to see if that helps. I do have some stress though about how long it will take me to complete taking only one class at a time, but perhaps the extra 8 months will save my sanity. Seems like a fair trade.

Keep going ladies! We can do this :carrot:

Shanhat-how did your weigh in go?

Stephanie Osborne
12-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Is it too late to join? I would love to keep my eye on the prize for summer and get out of this baby weight. I put my swimsuit on the other day for 'before' photo... YIKES! My current weight is 154 lbs. My goal weight for June is 130.

PrairieGirl
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Welcome Stephanie!

Yeah...I took my yellow polka dot bikini pics today and just like the oldies tune, I would be afraid to come out of the locker or out of the water if I was wearing this thing in public. :( Thank god summer is still many months away!

Delphi
12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Prairegirl - Thanks for adding me to the list.

Well another weekend down and another pound as well. Lets start this week off fanfreakintastic.

InsideMe
12-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Sorry! I was away all weekend so I forgot to update my weigh in! I'm down to 195.6 :)

Thanks!

shanhat81
12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Ironically, I just found out that I am going to Hawaii in July.

Never has there been a great sense of urgency re: swimsuits ...

Jojo381972
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
^Nice!

Please update mine for the 15th of Dec.. 213. Up three pounds. I'm trying to get back on track and hoping to weigh in this Friday. I'll report back.
I hate this time of year. Really testing my willpower.

sassyangies
12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi girls.. I've been MIA for a few days. Had a busy weekend. Decided to give myself a cheat day to go to a XMas party. Ended up drinking way to much and ended up sick sick sick, but at least I didn't have to deal with the cheat day since I got so sick.. (if you know what I mean) :) Oh my gosh I'm glad the weekend is over. I work retail and it's crazy right now. I love it but it's tiring and hard to stay on track when your that busy. I think I'm going to have a good weigh in though Thursday so I'm excited about that! I hope all you ladies are doing good!! I still haven't done my measurements, but I'm going to and keep them to myself. If you girls don't mind. You all are a lot smaller than me so not sure if I want to share that just yet.. :) hehe.. Congrats to all the loosers so far!

dogdaysofdiets
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Howdy! May I join the challenge?

I've been working on my weight loss since the end of May. Yesterday, I ordered a tankini on clearance from Landsend in a size 8. I'm determined to have it fit by the summer. Or Better yet, be too big! (a girl can dream)

I track my weights daily so I can give you progress back to 12/1 to catch me up with the rest of the group:

SW: 155.4
GW: 125 (ultimate goal)
WI 12/1: 155.4
WI 12/8: 153.4
WI 12/15: 151.9

I'll try to remember to get updated measurements. I haven't been consistent with tracking those. Good luck to everyone!

PrairieGirl
12-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the challenge Dogdays!

Shanhat that's awesome! That should be great motivation. I would love, love, love to be going on a trip like that. Although the victory of looking hot in my ridiculous bathing suit will be just as sweet at my local beach :p

Jojo, I hear yah! This past month has really been testing me. Although I think I'm back on track. I got in a 30 minute yoga session and a 5km run today, but I'm still allowing little treats because it's irresistible and the holidays are only once a year right..from Canadian Thanksgiving in October through to New Year's! LOL

Delphi
12-20-2011, 12:30 AM
shanhat81 ~ That is awesome! Wish I was going to Hawaii. I know what you mean about the urgency. My vacation is the first week of July and I am bound and determined to get the weight off by then. We can do this. :carrot:

sassyangies ~ I know what you mean about retail. I worked it many years ago and this time of the year will add more than a few gray hairs. Good luck though, it is almost over.

jojo ~ I hear ya on this time of the year. It is like one thing after another. If it isn't delicious food at every function you go to, it is that you are so busy that exercise takes a back seat. No worries though we can do it. :hug:

:welcome: dogsdayofdiet!

Prairegirl ~ What days are the official weigh in?

As for me, it was another good day. Though I work the third shift so my day isn't over yet. In any case, you ladies have a great day!

Stephanie Osborne
12-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks PrairieGirl! Happy to have a challenge to be extra motivation... You do yoga? What kind? I just love it, I do hot vinyassa yoga about once a week. I would love to do it more though...

Delphi - CONGRATS on another lb gone!

shanhat81 - WOW so you will have extra motivation now. I wish I was going to Hawaii :)

Jojo381972 - I feel your pain for sure. This time of the year is always so tough!

sassyangies - YIKES I wouldnt wish working holiday retail on anyone. Those stores get crazy!

dogdaysofdiets - Ooooh having an actual bikini in the size you want is so smart! What an awesome way to see your progress.

As for me, yesterday was kind of a bust. I started with great intentions and unfortunately lacked on the follow through. Got on the scale last night and definitely saw the results of my bad decisions. Today is a new day though, excited to make it count!

shanhat81
12-20-2011, 12:36 PM
So I am determined to go to see my parents next week with an even 25 under my belt.

Since Friday, I have:

Done three C25K workouts

Done 90 minutes of resistance intervals on the elliptical

Done spinning

Done Body Pump

I am effing tired.

PrairieGirl
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Delphi - weigh ins are Thursdays, but you can weigh in any day that works for you, Thursdays are the start of the new week.

Stephanie - I haven't taken a yoga class anywhere in years. I'm too embarrassed about my figure to go to a class with yogi's-you're always in such good condition. I have a couple different videos I use..the one I've been using in the mornings is a good morning yoga put out by Gaiam. It's not too intense but a good stretch in the morning. I also have P90X...although Tony's version of yoga is hard to relax during, it's a great workout.

Shanhat - Wow girl! You go!

dogdaysofdiets
12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks for adding me to the group PrairieGirl! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Stephanie - The bathing suit was ridiculously cheap ($10 for top & bottom) and I figured it was worth the risk. I love the Landsend suits - they last forever. I have NEVER worn a bathing suit with confidence, but I've decided this summer will be a new experience. :cool:

Shanhat - quite a workout! Great job!! Totally jealous of your Hawaii trip. I've never been, but it's on my list.

I've stayed on plan this week, but I'm getting closer to my monthly water retention time (think it may have started this morning), so I'm thinking my weight will stall for next week's weigh in and whoosh off later. My body loses weight in a very strong pattern. Whoosh, retain, whoosh. I could set my watch to it, LOL!

Delphi
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Dogdays ~ I feel ya. It is about that time of the month for me. Like clockwork I will be up 2 pounds for a full week.

Prairiegirl ~ Thanks for the info. I have to change my weight on my body bugg every Thursday so that will work out just fine for me. :carrot:

shanhat ~ :lol: I'm effin tired to. Good luck. Looks like you are working hard. Which of course is inspiring.

osborne ~ Hey no sweat right? Great attitude. No matter what happens we know that tomorrow is a new day to ultimately redeem ourselves. :hugs:

As for me, my day is just starting so I'm planning on another OP day. Even with TOMs ugly head around the corner, I'm expecting the my scale aka darth vadar, to give me nothing but bad news. Alas, it wont last too long. You ladies keep working hard and I'll check back in later.

Jojo381972
12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Hey Ladies! :)

Welcome to the challenge, Dogdays :)
Hope all is well with your kitty and that you are getting back on track since being back. I hate that time of month as I know I'll be starting next week and i always feel bloated for like two weeks.

sassyanges: I hear you on the drinking part. I binge drank one weekend and I wont do it again! Good luck getting back on track , and don't worry about taking your measurements..i think it is helpful to see progress. :)

shanhat: way to go on exercising! And having the goal of getting in a bikini to go to Hawaii is great motivation. I'm actually hoping to go to a warm place next August as well so good motivation there.

Prairiegirl: Congrats on getting the exercise in. I know what you mean about holidays..I've actually been trying to eat healthy this week so I can do a bit of splurging this weekend.

Delphi: Welcome and congrats for staying on plan and losing a pound!

Stephanie: I hear you! I guess all choices we make we end up with the results. I felt that last week on the scale. Like the motto of one day at a time.

As for me, I have worked out twice thus far, and plan on working out for the next three days. I've been pushing hard at the gym because I really can tell that I've gained weight and not as toned cause i haven't been at the gym as much. I ate some chocolate yesterday and vow to eat healthy for the next three days cause next weekend will be crazy with food on Sat and Sun to deal with. I'll weigh in on Friday..and wish you all luck this week with staying on plan!

Delphi
12-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Jojo ~ Great job on kicking butt in the gym. I hear ya on this weekend being crazy. I know I shouldn't but I might cut my calories a little just so I can make extra room for a piece of Christmas fudge. I just make sure I budget appropriately. If I cut out chocolate from my diet, I doubt I could keep my sanity. Moderation is the key but some things I just can't moderate so I understand, as there are just some foods that I can not buy or have just one of. In any case, I'm sure you will do just fine.

Jojo381972
12-21-2011, 02:24 AM
^Thanks, Delphi....moderation can be hard if you know what things are hard to eat in moderation..lol. I don't keep chocolate or chips in the house, but will go out if i have a craving (I often fight my cravings and don't go out..moreso now then before). Good luck to you for Xmas. Are you counting calories or on weight watchers?

Delphi
12-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Jojo ~ I count calories. I also wear a body bugg, so for me it is all calories in versus calories out. How about yourself?

kateleestar
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm checking in! I'm back on my 2lbs a week track, and I'm about 1 oz from my 2lbs from last weeks weigh in, lol... I'll check in tomorrow with my weight.

Keep going everyone!! :D

Delphi
12-22-2011, 12:11 AM
kateleestar ~ Great job on those 2 pounds. Keep up the great work.

Time for my daily check in. My love/hate relationship with my scale this week is testing its limits. I'm retaining but I am assuming TOM will come any day now, so hopefully that is what it is. Just gonna drink loads of water and hopefully keep it to a minimum. In any case, here is to another OP day.

PrairieGirl
12-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Hey Ladies!

Just checking in to say Happy Holidays.

I might not get a sheet updated until after Boxing Day as I'm off to the middle of nowhere Manitoba, Canada tomorrow after work to visit my family for Christmas. But weigh in like usual and best of luck working it over the holidays! The rest of the world is going to join us on this journey starting on January 1st so that will make it a bit easier (until they fall off the wagon because resolutions often fail!), but we'll keep going.

Joyeux Noel.

kateleestar
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Woah, I totally whooshed and I weighed in at 203 today!! :carrot: That was pretty exciting! This eating-lots-of-veggies and real foods thing is working! Woot.

So, this week's weigh-in is 203! SO CLOSE! :lol:

dogdaysofdiets
12-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Morning weigh in was 149.0! Very happy to be holding onto this new decade. :)

Good luck to everyone on their weigh ins!!

RaisingThemLeft
12-22-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm in! Last summer was the first summer post kids that I had worn a bikini and this summer I want to look even better in it! I'm at goal, but I want to work on muscle definition, especially my abs.

InsideMe
12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Ok I updated my siggy with my "bikini" haha I don't have a swimsuit yet so I'm wearing my exercise top with the bottoms of an old suimsuit that no longer fits me! LOL Tomorrow is weigh in for me! Welcome to all the new participants!

Sungseng
12-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Weighed in today, 149.8! I know I am going to throw it all away this weekend but it feels good to be in the 140's!

Happy Christmas girls! :carrot:

Stephanie Osborne
12-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey Ladies! Glad to see everyone is workin it! Yesterday was blah for me but today has been awesome. My eating was perfectly in balance and I went to chisel and tone yoga class tonight by accident. Usually I do a second level vinyasa class, which apparently is on WEDS not THURS. Got my days mixed up! One of our brides took this class and had to go into child's pose (easy resting pose) for the second half of it after feeling like she was going to pass out. Which is crazy because she danced all through college and is in amazing shape. Think fast yoga with weights in a room heated to 98 degrees. HUGE victory though... When I found out it wasn't V2 I decided to stay anyways and just do the moves without weights. Then before class started I decided I might as well try them. Guess what? It totally kicked my butt and I loved every minute of it!

One more day to make it count before holiday madness kicks in. Let's eat super clean tomorrow ladies. Try to be proactive about the tempting mess we will find ourselves in the middle of this weekend! Good luck!

Delphi
12-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Osborne ~ Way to stick with it. Heres to eating clean. :)

Insideme ~ You ladies are awesome for doing that. You're such a motivation.

sungseng ~ Congrats on reaching the 140s. :carrot:

raisingthemleft ~ Welcome.

katelestar ~ Congrats on the whoosh. Heres to another next week..eh? ;)

dogdaysofdiet ~ Great job. Keep up the great work.

As for me, I am holding steady at 189 so that is my official weight for Thursday. Though according to my Bugg I should be down another pound, perhaps I will have a whoosh soon. At any rate, you ladies keep up the groovy work and have yourselves a very good Holiday weekend.

HannahBoo23
12-23-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm in!! I want to lose 30 lbs by the end of May! I need this really badd! I'm a student in college, and i've gained 10lbs since going to school :/ *sigh*

It's really hard to squeeze in a workout when balancing school, work, and other factors but i'm going to try my hardest!

dogdaysofdiets
12-23-2011, 07:08 AM
PrairieGirl - I hope you enjoy your travels!

InsideMe - Love your new bikini pics! You look great - keep up the good work!

Sungseng - Congrats on the 140s. I entered them this week too and it feels surreal. Great job!

Stephanie - Great job with the yoga class! That's impressive!!

Delphi - I hope you see a whoosh soon!

Hannah & RaisingThem - Welcome ladies! Good luck with your mission!

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone!

Delphi
12-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Hannahboo ~ :welcome:

Enjoy your weekend to dogdaysofnight.

InsideMe
12-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Haha thanks girls!!! I'm certainly don't have a bikini body yet but it will come.

My weigh in is today! down to 194 :) I have officially lost 45lbs! Please update me

If I'm not on here this weekend, you ladies be good! Keep your Xmas snacking on the alert ;) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

kateleestar
12-23-2011, 08:49 AM
katelestar ~ Congrats on the whoosh. Heres to another next week..eh? ;)

God, I hope so, lol... I did tell myself though that I will eat in moderation and stay on plan. I will allow myself to go up to 1800 cals if I want to, because heck, its Christmas and its not like I'm eating pizzelles in July - I can only have them now! :)

Good job everyone! Keep up the good work! Keep going!! :D

InsideMe
12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
God, I hope so, lol... I did tell myself though that I will eat in moderation and stay on plan. I will allow myself to go up to 1800 cals if I want to, because heck, its Christmas and its not like I'm eating pizzelles in July - I can only have them now! :)

Good job everyone! Keep up the good work! Keep going!! :D

CONGRATS on the Woosh girl! You are SO CLOSE TO ONEDERLAND!:carrot:

shanhat81
12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Down a pound today -- was hoping for more.

At least I lost all the weight I gained post-Thanksgiving and a leetle more.

I am now exactly 10 lbs thinner than I was at my wedding.

So I bought this Lululemon top as a reward (note -- this is NOT me, it's from the Luluaddict blog):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bXM9JiQRw2Y/TuwZIRc1UCI/AAAAAAAARiM/8SvYgEK8XHw/s400/stay+on+course+tank+glacier+lace+3.jpg

Delphi
12-24-2011, 03:40 AM
insideme ~ :bravo: on those 45 pounds. I know you are very proud.

kateleestar ~ I am the same way. I allow myself 1 day a week to at least eat at my BMR. Plus I think it keeps your body guessing when you are not consistently eating the same amount of calories. You shall be celebrating Onederland real soon.

shanhat ~ Great job on another pound down. :carrot: :carrot:

As for me, I am going in to the next 2 days with a specific calorie goal, now what I will be filling those spots with will be completely NOT on plan, but I will budget accordingly. So heres to having some deviled eggs tonight. You ladies have yourselves a merry little Christmas.

shanhat81
12-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Today is a run day for me (and for my new top!!!).

Also a bar day for my beloved New York Giants, since they're not on TV here. (Bit of a football addict.)

I love going to the bar:

1) Now that I've mostly given up alcohol (nothing besides Chinese food gives me harder-to-shake bloat), I can sip my Diet Coke guilt free.

2) They have CREATE YOUR OWN SALADS. Greens, six veggies, and the meat of your choice.

Of course, I always *want* nachos ... I'll have to dig up a good healthy recipe for my Super Bowl party.

Delphi
12-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Just checking to to see if everyone survived the onslaught of goodies over Christmas. I did but barely.

fyreflie24
12-26-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm in! I'm out of town for a week so I'll have to get my pix up later if that's ok. We have a beach trip scheduled for June 23rd so I've actually started this journey in preparation for that trip!

SW: 235
CW: around 185 (no scale right now)
GW: 135 or less.

PrairieGirl
12-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas (or is still enjoying Hanukkah or starting Kwanzaa today and also having a great holiday season) with friends and family.

Welcome newcomers to the challenge FyreFlie, HannahBoo, and RaisingThemLeft! Let me know if I have what you'd like to see on the spreadsheet.

RaisingThemLeft>if you'd like, we have a spot on the spreadsheet to track measurements, this might be good since you're not looking to lose, but looking to tighten and tone up.

Insideme> Great job on the 45lbs lost. That's phenomenal!

Good job to everyone who lost. That's a difficult task over the holidays. I've struggled this whole month, but finally didn't gain this week. I lost .6lbs...whoo-hoo for small victories! Getting ready for this week's weigh-in, hoping to be back where I started on Dec 1st :^:

LadyJessica
12-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey Everyone! Sorry I was out of town and wasn't able to weigh in. Christmas took it's toll on me too much candy :( I went back up 162. This will be my catch back up week.

Delphi
12-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Ladyjessica ~ I know how you feel. I guess I'll join ya in saying I ate way too much and will be playing catch up this week myself.

Prairegirl ~ Good luck and :bravo: on the victory.

fyreflie ~ :welcome: And I feel ya on getting prepared. Several of us are right there with you. Bound and determined to be beach ready by our vacations.

As for me, TOM came Christmas eve, so I am battling that and my scale is lucky it hasn't been chucked thus far. I am just going to down water like crazy and hope for the best. Did anyone get anything good for Christmas?

fyreflie24
12-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Spreadsheet looks awesome! :)

kateleestar
12-27-2011, 12:05 PM
CONGRATS on the Woosh girl! You are SO CLOSE TO ONEDERLAND!:carrot:

Thanks! I'm still holding steady at 203.. so, I'm okay with that, since I was literally all over the place this past 5 days.. I was up .5 on Sun morn, but I think it was water weight, because it was gone on Monday morn... So thats good! I'm happy with my 203-ness, it lets me know I will be okay in maint-land one day.. :D

kateleestar ~ I am the same way. I allow myself 1 day a week to at least eat at my BMR. Plus I think it keeps your body guessing when you are not consistently eating the same amount of calories. You shall be celebrating Onederland real soon.

I know!! It will happen in January... I'm not going to pressure myself, it'll happen when it's meant to happen.. I wont be that girl that FLIPS OUT and ruins it like, two seconds before it happens! :lol: I will have patience and I will keep going. I just have to tell myself that!! hahah.

Shan- That tank is ADORABLE! Do want. :)

Welcome fyre!! Stick around, we can make it there together!! :D

Delphi- I loathe TOM, but I'm on seasonique, so I only have to worry about the water-gain (that way, anyways!) once every 4 months. Whew! :)

Keep going everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!! :carrot:

kateleestar
12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
OMG, I lowered my goal. I just wanted to put that out there, say it out loud, sorta, lol...

Only by 15lbs, though... 165 would put me closer to "normal".. I guess, haha. Maybe once I get to 175 I'll see how I feel and stuff, and see if I want to actually go to 165. Eek. That was kinda scary! :lol:

sassyangies
12-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi ladies.. I am so sorry I was MIA last Thursday. I missed my weigh in, but I stayed at 286. Plus this site has not let me log in or use it for 2 days now. Blah.. I finally downloaded firefox and now it's working again. YAY! I was starting to panic.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We had a great one, but I am happy that it is over.
I'll be checking in now that I have access to the site.

Jojo381972
12-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey girls! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I've been quite busy with the holidays, and feel like I totally ate too much.

prairiegirl..congrats on your small loss. Can you add my weigh in for the 15th which was 213, and I didn't weigh in, but you can keep the same weight for the 22nd. I'm going to weigh in on the 30th, and I'll be working out and eating good for the next three days. I'm kind of dreading getting on the scale.

CKatelee: Congrats on changing your goal and getting so close to 200.

InsideMe: Congrats on the weight loss!

sassyangies: congrats on not gaining! Glad you can finally get on the site..

Welcome to the newbies! Jump right in.

Delphi, hope you feel better soon..

Anyone else hate the holidays as much as me? I just started my TOM so i feel even more bloated... I was going to weigh in on Friday to see the damage caused from Christmas.. I was glad to go back to the gym today though. One day at a time ladies.

Sunshine4
12-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Is it too late to join? I'm new to this forum and looking forward to getting in shape for summer! I will weigh in the morning and post my weight and goal.

Thanks!!

Delphi
12-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Sunshine ~ :welcome: Never too late to join.

jojo ~ I feel ya girly. On top of all the Christmas cheer my belly had and then TOM shows up and adds even more bloating. Frustrating to say the least, but we will get through it. January is right around the corner and we can say buh bye to TOM for at least another month.

sassieangies ~ Glad to here you are back up and running. I switched to Firefox years ago and swear by it. Hope you have better luck with it as I have.

kateleestar ~ You know I did that last time. I actually got down to 164 and I thought I was hot stuff then. This time around I am going for 150 as I still feel like that has always been the weight right out of reach. It is good for you to gauge it yourself though. Small goals in increments can be even more rewarding for some. I set small goals for each month to get me past the daunting goal of 150 and I think it really helps. In any case, goodluck.

In any case, I don't do well this time of the year. I actually joined this site a few years ago and almost got to my goal. I was down to 164 and then on New Years Day my 4 year old son passed away. I gained nearly 40 pounds since then and here I am. I digress. My point is I loathe the New Year coming now. My new years never starts until the 2nd. So I am going to do my best and keep my eye on the prize and try to celebrate my sons life and not mourn for my loss.

Sorry, had to vent a bit ladies..hope you don't mind. Now regarding being OP. I have really been right back at it but my scale is preventing me from seeing it. Just gonna get through this week and hopefully the stars will align and the weight loss gods will smile down on me and give me a whoosh.

You ladies have a great day and keep up the awe inspiring work. :carrot:

fyreflie24
12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Delphi: Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Much love to you. Be kind to yourself and we'll all be here :)

Hey Sunshine!

Insideme: Hey girl!! :) What's up with you?!

Jo: I'm up about 2 lbs which, for everything I've eaten, I'll take! Hope to have it off by New Year's day. December isn't my best month by far, but if I'm down and back on track I'll take it and move forward.

Hey KateLee!! You're doing great! :) keep it up!

I'm traveling now but yesterday I really honkered down with the food. Was at my ILs (ugh) so I loaded up on shrimp before dinner and just had a salad with dinner (luckily, they didn't put dressing on). I figured the damage wasn't too horrid since my jeans still fit :)

sassyangies
12-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi ladies.. My weigh in is tomorrow, but I'm afraid I have gained. I knew it was too good to be true getting through Christmas and eating whatever I want I'm bound to gain, but I'm back on track and ready to do this. 2012 will be the last year I am fat. It needs to be.

Delphi sorry for your loss. We will be here to support you!!

Donamari that must be hard traveling and keeping OP. Good for you for finding ways to get through it. That's awesome!! Your doing great.

Jo I don't hate the holidays because I love to celebrate with my family and we are big Christmas people, but I do hate that I can't focus on both. I feel like I can't focus on just weight loss and Christmas. Or weight loss and life.. It's really hard and something I need to work on.

berryblondeboys
12-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok, I'm in my 40's but I'm joining in too. I have until August to get more in shape and lose the last of the weight. I so can do this.... I'll do a before photo today or tomorrow. Eek!

I just posted in the looking and feeling great thread/forum to try to find a good suit for my body.... It will be a difficult challenge for me.

Sunshine4
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok... Here are my numbers:

Current weight - 159
Goal weight - 129

Thanks!
Angela

Matilda08
12-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Im in! Not new but re-committing myself I need to stop gaining and get back on the losing team!!

Delphi
12-29-2011, 12:19 AM
:welcome: Matilda and berryblondeboys!

sassieangies ~ Thanks! You know I think a lot of us are up a few pounds since Christmas..good thing it only comes once a year..eh? Well heres to starting the new year out right. Just know that by next Christmas we will so be where we need to be.

fyrefly ~ :lol: I know what you mean. My jeans tell the tale, it is almost a better indicator than the scale.

Well as for me, the scale is going crazy. Between Christmas goodies and TOM I don't know what to make of it. Fingers crossed for a Whoosh before our weigh in on Thursday.

InsideMe
12-29-2011, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=fyreflie24;4147793]Insideme: Hey girl!! :) What's up with you?!

QUOTE]

Hey Girl! Welcome! Not much, ready to chuck my scale cause it moves so slowly where I'm losing inches instead....driving me crazy as usual! Look at you, so close to half way girl!!! :cp:

sassyangies
12-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok well, my weigh in for today I am up to 287. 1 pound weight gain. This has been my first weight gain I've had since I started my new life. So I hope I can get back on track now that I see what I've been doing is clearly not working. Good luck to everyone on your journey!!

berryblondeboys
12-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Totally scareD to do a before challenge photo. Even though I weigh a ton less than I did before. It still isn't pretty. But I also know how much photos help me too. Going to do it tomorrow morning... I. Must. Be. Very. Brave!!

So far so good today with eating better and getting off the holiday crap. Helps that the worst of TTOM is over (day 3).

PrairieGirl
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Hello Ladies!

I'm back up the .6lbs I was down, but I'm back on track so that's an approaching TOM or water gain or ??? I'm excited for the new year to start. This has become a lifechanger for me, but I started this as a New Year's Resolution so New Year's always gives my motivation a little extra kick. I'm also starting swimming lessons in January and I'm really excited to start training for my first triathalon.

Good Luck this week to all!

berryblondeboys
12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Hello Ladies!

I'm back up the .6lbs I was down, but I'm back on track so that's an approaching TOM or water gain or ??? I'm excited for the new year to start. This has become a lifechanger for me, but I started this as a New Year's Resolution so New Year's always gives my motivation a little extra kick. I'm also starting swimming lessons in January and I'm really excited to start training for my first triathalon.

Good Luck this week to all!

I cannot imagine training for a triathlon! Yikes!

I'm giving you my stats to put into the chart. This month was a scheduled "bust" month for me and I tend to gain a ton of weight when I eat carbs, so I'm expecting to see a huge whoosh soon. Today is my first low carb day back on plan.

Anyway,

Dec. 1: 174.0
Dec 8: 173.0
Dec 15: 171.2
Dec 22: 176.0
Dec 29: 182.2

Goal weight is 165.

Current measurements are: 41-32-41 for December.

shanhat81
12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
So I busted my butt this week since I'm at my parents' and we eat out EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

I lost, though. 1.6. This came due to my two hours a day at the gym ... but it was worth it, even if it's not a sustainable amount of activity.

I am determined not to blow it on NYE, despite a trip to my favorite steakhouse out here. :)

dogdaysofdiets
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Checking in quickly with my weekly weigh in...149.4...up slightly, but with TOM, I'm surprised it's not more. I'll take it!

Sum38
12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
I am in :D -- My goal is to shed 25.5 pounds.

SW 155.5
GW 130

Weigh-In day; Each Friday

Delphi
12-30-2011, 12:46 AM
:welcome: to the thread Sum38.

dogsdaysofnight ~ It seems TOM hit a lot of us. Hopefully he will be gone soon.

Shanhat ~ :bravo: on getting a loss even with all the eating out. Amazing.

prairiegirl ~ Good luck with training, that will be an amazing accomplishment.

berryblonde ~ I know what you mean about the pictures. I took some (though not in a bathing suit). I can't wait to do the comparison shots. They are quite motivating as well.

sassyangies ~ No worries...new year, new you!

Well my official weigh in for today is 188 but that is so not right. Just coming off TOM so i am expecting that whoosh any day now. Hope you ladies have a groovy day.

Sungseng
12-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Fly by post, back up to 150.6 which is good considering the week of food I have had!

Happy new year!

:grouphug:

InsideMe
12-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Today is my weigh in. I'm the same so I'm glad my Xmas binging didn't effect me, I probably would have lost if I didn't binge!!

I stayed the same 194 :)

Have a Happy New Year's Everyone!

Sum38
12-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks ladies; happy to be here :)

Today is my official weigh in day; 155lbs. Down 0.5 pounds from last Friday.

PrairieGirl
12-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Good weigh-ins ladies. Maintaining or losing a little through the holidays is awesome!

I'm gearing up for renewed motivation. I also organized my apartment, budget, paperwork, fridge, etc...while on holidays this week (I know, I know exciting vacation LOL). I also did a lot of cooking, portioning, and freezing meals. I made:

veggie samosas
vegan 'cream' of vegetable soup
lentil soup
lettuce wrap fillings
spicy hummus
thai pumpkin soup
vegetable rice soup

So I have no excuse for grabbing something on the way home or eating free junk food at work for lunch or skipping dinner. I'm going to try to make one dish each weekend and freeze some of it so that I have a rotating selection of frozen homemade meals. I'm going to make chili this weekend. Anyone have a good spicy chili recipe?

I've been thinking a lot about sugar lately. Sugar is a problem for me. I'm a sugar addict. My parents got me hooked on it when I was a kid LOL. My brother and I would always get a $1 on Saturdays to go buy penny candies at the store. We'd get those little brown paper bags and my brother would carefully count out his 50 candies and I'd just jam as many in there as I could and then roll the top of the bag closed and claim there was only 50 when we paid at the till. Because the candies were only 1 cent each there was no tax...up until a few years ago there was no tax charged on the 5 cent candies that have replaced those penny candies...now there is tax on the candies, the candies are huge and the bags are clear plastic and it's harder to lie about how many are in there! I still love them, but I'm going to go into sugar addict recovery and stop eating those darn candies :^:

My brother still loves those candies too.

Delphi
12-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Drive by post for me today. You ladies have a safe New Years.

Sum38
12-31-2011, 10:27 AM
I've been thinking a lot about sugar lately. Sugar is a problem for me. I'm a sugar addict. My parents got me hooked on it when I was a kid LOL. My brother and I would always get a $1 on Saturdays to go buy penny candies at the store. We'd get those little brown paper bags and my brother would carefully count out his 50 candies and I'd just jam as many in there as I could and then roll the top of the bag closed and claim there was only 50 when we paid at the till. Because the candies were only 1 cent each there was no tax...up until a few years ago there was no tax charged on the 5 cent candies that have replaced those penny candies...now there is tax on the candies, the candies are huge and the bags are clear plastic and it's harder to lie about how many are in there! I still love them, but I'm going to go into sugar addict recovery and stop eating those darn candies :^:

My brother still loves those candies too.

I have posted this on many threads, but I think it is an eye opening (BUT long) lecture. I watched it whilst I cooked, took me like 3 days to finish it....well worth the time!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Also I am reading a book about wheat...here is a link for one of the interviews

http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/wheat-belly/

The wheat belly book is excellent! I have a Ceiliac and I had to go off gluten.

chickkykat
12-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi, I've recently found this website. Can I please join this challenge if it's still ok? :):carrot::hug:

My weight today is 152
And my goal for June 1st is 125

Thank you and happy new year everyone :)

PrairieGirl
12-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Trying something new for the spreadsheet because it was starting to get big and blurry. I'm a technophobe so this was new to me. I put the sheet on Google docs and here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqliEwhlogH6dGdUWVZWa3JCN0JCUUFVako4S3NCT UE&hl=en_US#gid=0

You can make your own edits, so if you want to do that, feel free, if you don't make your edits then I'll make them for you still ;) It saves automatically (you're right Tjoli!)

It's not as pretty to look at, but it's all there and a bit more manageable.

Sum38Thank you for the video link, I've started watching it. I like getting this kind of information.

Happy New Year!

Tjoli12
12-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Last week: 198 :(
This week: 199 :(
I am going the wrong way!!!
Hopefully it is just because it's the holidays. I spent more time cooking than moving so, I expect numbers to reverse as I get back to normal, and schedule time for exercise again.
Also - I just entered the info in google docs. Easy as pie (I think... it must automatically save info, right?) So, no need to enter it for me. Thank you, PrarieGirl!
Happy New Year All!

Delphi
01-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Google document was a great idea! :bravo:

Well here is to a new year ladies. I think TOM is finally out of here so I am hopeful that I get that whoosh I have looking for. You ladies have a great evening.

sassyangies
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi ladies.. welcome to everyone and it's great that it's a new year and a new start. This will be my last year fat. I know it will be. I hope everyone had an awesome New Years.

Prairie girl thanks for doing the document. That was a great idea. I would have never known how to do that. Awesome!

I bought some new cook books and I'm so excited to start using them. One of them is skinny crock pot recipes, diabetes crock pot recipes (I don't have diabetes, but I already eat that way so why not), and a Taste of Home diet cookbook with a plan to loose weight in there. I'm not counting calories like they suggest you do, but it has ton of info on free foods, foods to limit, and stuff like that. Can't wait until I can make some time to start looking at this stuff.

Jojo381972
01-03-2012, 01:08 AM
I have posted this on many threads, but I think it is an eye opening (BUT long) lecture. I watched it whilst I cooked, took me like 3 days to finish it....well worth the time!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Also I am reading a book about wheat...here is a link for one of the interviews

http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/wheat-belly/

The wheat belly book is excellent! I have a Ceiliac and I had to go off gluten.

Sum38, welcome! Thanks for the youtube link. I've been hoping to read this Wheat Belly book. Have you lost weight cutting down on wheat? Just curious!

Prairiegirl: Great job on preparing those foods. What a fab idea. I always tend to eat out or grab junk when I have no good food on hand. I like the new spreadsheet.

Welcome to the newbies!! :D

sassyangies: Great job on looking at new cookbooks. I hope you find some great recipes.

Delphi: Glad your TOM is over. Mine just finished a few days ago as well. What a relief.

Insideme: Congrats on not gaining! Well done.

As for me, I ended up fearing the worst as I weighed in today after eating and drinking too much over the holidays. I gained a pound which in the grand scheme of things isn't the end of the world, but I am still up a pound since the beginning of Dec.. so disappointed, but I'm going to work very hard this month. I can't slip and give up...there's just no way, right? :dizzy:

Happy New year to everyone! :newyear:

Delphi
01-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Sassy you brave soul. Cook books for me are scary...even more cooking is even worse. I think that is the one disadvantage i have in this battle is that I loathe cooking, I have no desire to do it. I commend all of you that do love it and envy you actually.

Jojo...sounds like a plan you have going there. You can do it and furthermore you know you can. :)

Me, I am holding steady, just can not seem to shake this water weight. I should be down 2 more pounds by my bodybug and calculations but Darth Scale sure isn't showing me as of yet. Hope that whoosh comes soon though. You ladies have a great day and keep up the groovy work.

fyreflie24
01-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey! Well I'm back in town... if it's ok, I'm going to weigh in and do pix and measurements on Monday. TOM-time... just want to get through this week OP, undo any holiday damage and start anew :)

I can still make my beach goals, but I need to be diligent!

Happy new year to everyone!

Oh, should I come clean that I'm 42? :)

kateleestar
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi all! Checking in! I'm currently at 205, but... I had a GREAT DARN TIME for NYE/NYD, lol, so.. worth it! lol. I'm thinking its water weight, but if its not, no harm no foul. I'll see my goal sooner than later and were all good!

:)

I hope everyone had a good new years! We did. My resolution is to not spend time with anyone who sucks the happy out of me, which specifically seems to be my inlaws, LOL, but DH is in agreement and understands. We are adults, without children, and will be treated as such! WOOT!

Also: It'll be gone soon, Delphi! No worries. I hold on to water like is my job, and it always goes away eventually. Just keep drinking! :)

Good job getting back on track fyre! That's what I'm doing too! I had fun while it lasted and learned that I would be okay in maint-land, so... we got this, lets KEEP GOING!

Keep going, Jojo! Back on the wagon, back to normal. I was craving to go back to my IF/low calorie way of life. The food-food-food all around me was getting old, lol...

I have several Diabetic cook books too, sassy! I got them and I'm no where near at risk, but I eat that way and they have good info and recepies in them, so why not?! :)

Have a good day everyone! Remember to keep going!! June will be here before we know it!! :D

KMme
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi! I'm a newbie hoping to join your challenge. I love a challenge and you all look like you are well on your way! I am headed for a Hawaiian vacation in late June, so this challenge works perfectly for me. I won't have reached my goal, but I'll feel a lot better on the beach if I make it! I am at 222lbs now and would be ecstatic to be 190lbs by June 1st.

berryblondeboys
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Egad... I was in a fitting room yesterday and my 15 pound holiday gain went all to my gut! But. Today is a new day and I'm making the most of it it. Spinning class tonight and step class tomorrow morning.

khumphrey
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Hello ladies it has been awhile. I am so happy that Christmas crazy is over and now it is time for me to focus on losing this weight once and for all. I am maintaining but really would like to be in the 150's by summer. But, right now I will take anything. I am trying to follow the Atkins diet and tomorrow I plan to start the induction phase again. Good luck to all of you on your journey. Happy New Year!

Sum38
01-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Jojo381972 First when I had to go off gluten; I replaced it all with gluten free products which are much higher is calories...so no :D I was not shedding any pounds.

When my husband went off gluten and we started concentrating on lean protein, fruits, dairy (no sugary stuff, eg. just plain yogurt with fresh fruit) and veggies; weigh has started coming off quite nicely. And I seem to be shedding inches quite fast.

I eat corn chips maybe once per week and it is a treat. I use some rice flour and potato flour as well... again in moderation.... I keep my calories under 1400/day. My carb intake is usually between 60-80, protein 70-80 and fat 50....

So...lol...long answer.

PrairieGirl
01-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Spreadsheet should be up to date.

Located here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqliEwhlogH6dGdUWVZWa3JCN0JCUUFVako4S3NCT UE&hl=en_US#gid=0

You can make your own edits (if desired), if not I'm still maintaining it. Note, the spreadsheet saves automatically when you make a change.

Good luck for this week's weigh in. Any weigh-ins received between the 5th and 11th will be considered as the 5th on the spreadsheet.

Five months til summer!

Delphi
01-03-2012, 11:45 PM
sum ~ I'm glad I am not the only one who allows a special treat once a week. I know this is supposed to be about getting healthy and cutting out all the crap from our diets but I just have to have something to make me feel a bit normal. I allow myself a twix bar once a week, usually on Saturday evening and it is sooo worth the calories..:lol:

khumphrey ~ Good luck with your induction tomorrow.

berry ~ How do you like those spinning classes? I've always wanted to try one.

Kmme ~ :welcome: to the thread and good luck.

katelee ~ I hear ya! What an excellent resolution. I love people but so many people live in the past, dwell on hard times and many just simply have lost there passion for life and others have no other focus in life but sucking the joy out of all things you do. The more you try to help them, the worse it gets. Sometimes, people have to wake up on their own I suppose...and of course I digress...No debbiedowners for me this year either.

Well I am down another pound (though it should be 3), but I guess my body is evening out again. I'm gonna just keep doing what I am doing and eventually the scale will have no place to go but down, regardless of water retention. It can try to win, but in the end I will prevail. Take that you mean ol' scale. :lol:

In any event, I have found a new means of burning calories...walking but not just walking, more like pacing than walking with my kindle. I literally pace/walk around the house for over an hour reading my kindle..even tried it on the elliptical. Though I am not sweating my butt off, i am burning calories and that is what I am more concerned with at this point. Plus the hours go by so quick while reading that I do not even realize i have been walking for 2 hours. I know from experience when I get closer to my goal it will take more intense measures to shed the weight. For now, I'll do what I can to stay busy when I can, use my elliptical and strength train and hopefully I will see my goals completed in a timely fashion.

KMme
01-04-2012, 08:47 AM
PrairieGirl - thanks for the spreadsheet!
Delphi - thanks for the warm welcome!

Made it through Day 1 ok, even though my husband brought home a 1 lb bag of candy without thinking (DOH!). I stayed strong and didn't even have one piece!

Day 2, here I come!

Delphi
01-04-2012, 08:54 AM
KMme ~ Great job on making it through your first day. The first week is the hardest but it definitely gets better. :bravo: on not touching the candy.

InsideMe
01-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks for doing so much work on this PrarieGirl! I changed mine cause the last 2 days I've been down to 192 :)

:welcome: Kmme and good for you for not touching that candy!!! Your on the right track!

So the new year has started!!! Back to routine YEAHHHH! We should all give ourselves a pat on the back for making through the holidays! SO GLAD IT'S OVER! Back on track!

fyreflie24
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM
KMme ~ Great job on making it through your first day. The first week is the hardest but it definitely gets better. :bravo: on not touching the candy.

Ditto :) :hug: :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Sunshine4
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I am down 3 pounds!! Yay! I have really been watching my eating - now I just need to get the exercise part down. Here's to a new year!!!!!

159/156/129

Sum38
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
This week has been awesome! I am down 2 pounds since Friday! Do I dare to dream a 3 pound loss for one week!!?? :eek: I don't think I have EVER lost 3 pounds.

Delphi
01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I am so proud of you ladies. Insideme is right. You all deserve a pat on the back and virtual high five.

Sum ~ You keep up the great work. I have my fingers crossed that you will get those 3 pounds. :carrot: and :woohoo: on the 2 pound loss.

sunshine ~ :bravo: on that 3 pound loss. What a great way to start the new year.

fyrefly ~ How is the new year treating you? I do hope well.

Well I am finally up and at it. I am really praying that one day I will be off the third shift..I always feel like I got run over by a Mack truck then beat down by Chuck Norris when I wake up in the mornings..er..afternoons. Alas, such are a girls dreams :lol:

You ladies remember that though the journey is difficult and sometimes the path is uncertain, the goal remains the same. It is a constant. We are women with the hearts of lions and no goal is unattainable. No mountain high enough etc. cliche. etc. :lol: In short...we can do this!

Mom In Wonderland
01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I love the idea of this challenge! Think its just what I need to stay motivated.

Starting weight: 171
current weight: 171
goal weight: 140

I would love to be at goal weight by my daughter's 3rd birthday at the beginning of June!

LMMommy
01-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi eveyone, I'm new. Just started NS last week. Down 7lbs. I want to join!!!!!

Keri

LMMommy
01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Oh sorry.....

SW: 202
CW: 195
GW: 159

PrairieGirl
01-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Great job ladies.

Quick post because I'm omw out for a jog.

I keep messing with the spreadsheet here, but feel free to ensure your weights are correct. I added you Mom in Wonderland and LMMommy I alphabetized you so it's easier to find yourself as the sheet grows. Welcome to the challenge ladies!

Hope everyone's 2012 is off to a great start :)

shanhat81
01-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Happy New Year, everyone!!!

I am not excited for my WI on Fri -- it's been a bad food week. I'm hoping the 14 hrs of exercise I did in Phoenix will ameliorate my sins. :)

KMme
01-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Delphi, fyre, insideme - thanks! You guys are so welcoming and motivating!

Just completed my first workout in I don't know how long. I'm a little embarrassed to say I took 26 mins to walk 1.2 miles, but am totally proud of myself for doing *something*!

Delphi
01-05-2012, 12:19 AM
KMme ~ Great job! You said it best, be proud of that! Do not be embarrassed...when I was at my heaviest, I could not even walk a mile as you did. I literally thought I would die. As long as you are up and doing "something" you are burning calories and that is always a good thing regardless of how long it takes. You just keep up the good work.

Prairegirl ~ thank you soo much for staying on top of the spreadsheet, it means the world to us.

shanhat ~ No worries! I have no doubt you will get right back in your groove.

:welcome: LMmommy and mominwonderland.

dogdaysofdiets
01-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Checking in with my weight - I updated the spreadsheet on google.

147.0 this morning, so down 2.5lbs over last week. Goodbye holiday weight!! It also marks a big milestone...70lbs lost so far in my journey.

Good luck to everyone with their weigh ins is week. So excited to see how many more people have joined the challenge! Welcome to the new folks!

kateleestar
01-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Good gracious, every time I came here to post yesterday (just this thread!) I got that script error and I crashed. SHEESH. :lol:

SO. Here we go again.

Delphi, I do that too. The walking-with-my-kindle-thing. I thought I was alone, and crazy, lol... I'm too ADHD to stay in one place to read, and just watching TV while I walk on my treadmill isn't enough. :)

Welcome KM and LM!!

Keep up the good work everyone.. I'm back down to 203... 203.1 again this morning. :crossed: I'm hoping to see 202 tomorrow!! YEY!

sassyangies
01-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Omgosh.. I'm up a pound. I'm not sure what's going on with me. I cannot get my head on straight and get this going. Ever since Christmas I haven't been back in the game. So I've gained two pounds in two weeks. How the heck do I get back at this?

I hope everyone else is doing great!

kateleestar
01-05-2012, 01:37 PM
So I've gained two pounds in two weeks. How the heck do I get back at this?

You just do it! :D You obviously don't like the 2lbs, so get back on the horse or the wagon or your plan and JUST DO IT. Move more! Eat less! Keep going! Go back to what you were doing that was working before and keep at it!! :hug:

You got this!! :D

Delphi
01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
sassy ~ No worries, It could just be water retention. It sometimes takes me 2 weeks to shed water weight..then about the time I do, it is time for TOM or some act of God rains down on me and I do it all over again. You just keep moving and eating right and you will see your work pay off on the scale.

Katelee ~ I know what you mean. I use to pull up Netflix and watch TV series or movies when I got on the elliptical but it just becomes just as mundane after awhile..but with reading..it just goes by so quickly. I'm in the middle of reading the Vampire Journals at the moment, book 5 I think and it has totally been great for my work outs. Any recommendations for books for the kindle?

dogdays ~ :bravo: on that milestone. I know you must be thrilled. Way to go and keep up the motivating work.

As for me, my official weigh in for today is 186. I updated the sheet I believe. Think I am finally seeing all that water finally leave the body though I have misplaced a pound somewhere I think. No worries though because it is all downhill from here. Hope you ladies have a groovy day.

Sum38
01-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Official weigh-in-day:

152 3 pound loss!!

Delphi
01-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Great job Sum. :bravo:

kateleestar
01-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm currently reading food books, like... let me get my list! :lol:

I have, on my kindle now:

Carb Conscious Vegetarian
Weekday Vegetarian
The Complete Idiots Guide to Plant Based Nutrition
The End of Overeating
Forks Over Knives
Green for Life
The Happy Herbivore
Real Food
Bittmans Kitchen: What I Grill & Why

I'm not really a vegetarian, but I'm moving my diet more towards a plan-based way of eating. For as much as Ive read, from the list up there and previous, that as far as I'm concerned, that's the way to go. However, lol, I really like chicken, steak and fish, so I'm not 100%... more like 75%. Which is fine. I'm having sushi tonight! :lol:

I do know that while I eat more veggies, I feel 100000% better. More energy, clear skin, happy mood... Nothing bad, lol.

I also have other books, lol... I read The Help. I'm starting the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo as soon as I'm done with my current book... haha.

InsideMe
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Wahoooooo SUM!!! That's amazing!!!!

I'm sticking at 192 :) Have a great weekend girls!

Delphi
01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
katelee ~ Oh gosh! Now I feel like I should be reading food books. I am so wrapped up in vampires, time travel, sword fights. :lol: I have so many health books here from the last time I did this and guess I figure I know more than enough to get this thing done again. I came to realize that regardless of what method it was or who wrote the book they all were basically the same information. Never once I have I thought about veggin' it out though. Chicken is such an integral part of my diet I would probably go through withdrawals if I did not have it..:lol: I heard the Hunger Games was a good book as well.

Insideme ~ Hope you have a great weekend!

Well I am about ready to go tackle the Wal-Mart run. Nothing irks me more than having to make my way through the crowds and waiting in the lines that seem to stretch for miles. Though on occasion I find myself quite entertained at Wal-Mart. No wonder you see the people take a seat as soon as they walk in...just to take all the craziness in.

In any case, I plan on being OP today though Friday and Saturday tend to be higher calorie days for me and today is my "get-to-have-something-extremely-bad-for-me-and-not-feel-guilty" day.

At any rate, you ladies enjoy your weekends.

AngMac
01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm new to the site as well. Is it too late to join in? I am at 169.8 and my ultimate goal is 130 but I will say for June 1 my goal is 145! I've always wanted to look good in a bikini. However, since I've had my daughter I've been very self conscious of my stomach because I have really bad stretch marks. I will do it though! I have faith in you all! Keep me motivated! I need it! :carrot:;):D

AngMac
01-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Well I'm back up to 170 today. Not sure what I did wrong the last two days to make me gain. Oh well, finally getting back to the gym this afternoon! It's been a long time. I've been trying to do a little on my own but do much better when I feel accountable due to people watching me except use and actually paying to do it! Good luck girls!

Delphi
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
AngMac ~ :welcome: No worries about being up. Our weight fluctuate from day to day it is hard to get an accurate number every day. Just know that it is probably water or some other factor. As long as you are taking in less calories than you are burning..then you will see it even out on the scale soon.

As for me, yesterday was a bust as far as a deficit goes. But that is the plan. I do not want to keep my calories consistent as that opens a very bad can worms for me as my body is way to adaptive for my liking when it comes to most things, including exercise. I have to constantly change up my routine and habits or my body catches on quick.

In any case, hope you ladies are having a great weekend thus far.

fyreflie24
01-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Delphi: Doing ok, thanks! You? :) wow!! 74 lbs! Good for you girl!

LMMommy: 7 lbs! Whoohoo!!!

Shanhat81: Just keep plugging away!

KMme: Please don’t feel embarrassed. We all had to start somewhere. I’ve found when folks stick together like this, at least for me, it makes a HUGE difference... to see it’s possible and to have people who understand the journey. As the commercial says, Priceless :)

Prariegirl: you rock!

Dogdays: (I love your name btw.. and you have a song!) You are SO CLOSE! How exciting! I can’t even imagine being that close at this point...70 lbs is amazing!

Kateleestar: omg look at you girl! Wow, 76 lbs... I’m so excited for you!! I’m trying to do more vegetarian stuff too :)

Sassyangies: Two pounds isn’t irreparable, though I know it’s frustrating. Start a new day and just keep going :)

Sum: YAY THREE POUNDS! That my friend, is what we call A GOOD WEEK! LOL! CONGRATS!

Inside me: Hey girl! YOU HIT HALF WAY! Please excuse me for missing that awesome milestone!

Welcome AngMac! this is a great group :) it’s a learning process... we all make mistakes, and it just could be a water gain or something easily reversible. Stay the course!

So I’m back home and hit the bike for about 20 miles... we had a big break b/c my training partner got a flat tire so my dear hubby brought him a new bike and off we went. I’m certainly feeling it! Weather isn’t looking lovely today so not sure if we’ll get out to ride or not. Would you believe I burned 1200 calories on that ride yesterday?! I even double checked my riding software against two other websites (daily burn and spark people). Wild huh?

I owe you ladies pictures... I have to find something to pict in! ugh, that’s not going to be a pretty pix LOL!

My DH and I signed up to work with a nutritionist for the next 6 months to get the weight off and teach us, once and for all, how to eat properly and keep it off; especially with the cycle training and the big Breakaway to the Beach ride in September. Did I tell you ladies about that? It’s a two day event to benefit MS (which my sister, unfortunately, has). We’ll be riding either 75 or 100 miles the first day and 50 the second day. I’m really enjoying riding and train with both my husband (who just got a road bike) and a dear male friend of mine.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sum38
01-08-2012, 10:51 AM
AngMac I always gain or stall a week to 10 days before my period....are you close to that time?

Delphi I usually "let" myself enjoy a bit on weekends. -- Last night we had Lebanese food. -- About Walmart; have you seen the Youtubes about Walmart people? They are hilarious!

kateleestar My husband downloaded "books-on-tape" (what do you call those books now-a-days?:dizzy:) on my Droid; when I walk I listen to them. It is wonderful way of getting my "reading" done. I walk 5-7 miles per day for 6 days a week; 70-95 minutes each time. It is a great way to catch on my reading.

-----------

As for me; down another 0.5 # since Friday. Total 1 pound loss. I am soooo close to 140's. -- I pulled out some jeans this morning that used to be incredibly tight and today they fit and fit well :) -- Once I hit 148; I will be able to squeeze into my eights! They won't be pretty, but I will be able to zip them up :lol:

Thanks ladies for this competition :) -- BTW, I JUST realized this was 30's thread; I am 44 :o going on 35 ;) Don't kick me out :p

Everyone have a FAB day!

fyreflie24
01-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Thanks ladies for this competition :) -- BTW, I JUST realized this was 30's thread; I am 44 :o going on 35 ;) Don't kick me out :p

Everyone have a FAB day!

I'm almost 43 ;)

sassyangies
01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey Ladies..
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I am finally back on track and the scale actually went in the right direction today. Not my weigh in day, but hopefully by Thursday it will be a great loss. Thanks for all the encouragement!!

Fyrflie good for you getting your hubby involved and signing up for a nutritionist. That's awesome. You'll have your weight off in no time.

Kate I here ya on the books. I have a few that I've been reading or going through for inspiration my 3 so far are
Taste Of Home Skinny crock pot meals
Taste of Home recipes and
Diabetes crock pot meals.

Not the same ones as you, but still trying to figure out more recipes.. Oh and low fat cooking for dummies..

Well,I hope everyone is doing great and going strong!!

PrairieGirl
01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
No worries about not being in your 30's!

AngMac Welcome to the challenge. I've added you to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqliEwhlogH6dGdUWVZWa3JCN0JCUUFVako4S3NCT UE&hl=en_US#gid=0

You can update your weights on the sheet each week. There is also a place for a monthly bust-waist-hips measurement. I'm going to have to remember to get my measurements updated for January.

I've had a busy week and I'm back on track pretty much and feeling good.

You all seem to be doing so well! Great work! Keep it up!

Sungseng
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I went totally MIA, forgot completely to weigh in and had a terrible week, will check the scale on Thursday, not looking forward to it!:devil:

Delphi
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Sungseng ~ Sorry to hear about the bad week, but hey, tomorrow is another day. Just get back on that wagon and leave that bad week in the dust.

sassy ~ That is great news about the scale moving in the right direction. Hope you see what you are looking for come the weigh in.

Sum ~ That is AWESOME news about your jeans. Those NSV's are the best. No worries, we wouldn't think of it. We love having ya here. Keep up the good work. Nah, I haven't watched any videos (though when I'm done here I plan on it :lol: ) I have been to that website though. I think it is peopleofwalmart.com or something like that and you don't know whether to shake your head or laugh. People never cease to amaze me.

Firefly ~ Oh wow, a nutritionist...that sounds exciting. Reading about all that bike riding just kills my thighs just thinking about it. Good luck though, sounds like you are well on your way to not only reaching your goals but enjoying the process as well and at the end of the day that is what will sustain us. :bravo:

As for me, it has been a good weekend. I struggle with myself a bit on these higher calorie days though. I know that I need the higher calorie days to boost my metabolism and to indulge myself so I am not depriving myself. At the same time, I'm thinking that I could be closer to my goal and getting higher deficits if I ate my usual calorie allotment. I know that is all irrational though. Last time around I was super strict about all things concerning my diet and exercise and at the end of the day it was not sustainable. This is slower for me and probably something that will make it easier come time to maintain as well.

In any case, I'm about to start work. So you ladies have a good Monday.

Melokoton
01-09-2012, 12:45 AM
I'd love to join the challenge, can I add my info to the spreadsheet?

Aleara
01-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Hello ladies!

Can I join in? :D I am new here but not new to weight loss and dieting (unfortunately). Back in 2007/08 I lost 18kg over a period of 6 months but unfortunately all of them and more came back during my pregnancy in 2009 :o Now I am struggling to loose them again and I feel my age is working against me. i can see it will be harder this time around but I am determined ot get back to healthy weight! :carrot:

SW: 201.3lb / 30,2 BMI
CW: 199.8lb / 30,2 BMI
GW: 158 lb / 23.8 BMI

42lb to loose!

AngMac
01-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Sum no unfortunately I can't use TOM as an excuse. I had a partial hysterectomy several years ago. I'm sure it has to do with water weight and the fact that I've just started working out again. Probably not drinking enough water and it's causing my muscles to trap every bit they can. Or something along those lines anyway. Lol.

Well it's Monday, the start of a new week and chance for me to make it better!

Have a great week ladies!

InsideMe
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
ahhhhh TOM is here!!!! watch me go up this week!

Good luck this week ladies and welcome to the newbies!

fyreflie24
01-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Sum no unfortunately I can't use TOM as an excuse. I had a partial hysterectomy several years ago. I'm sure it has to do with water weight and the fact that I've just started working out again. Probably not drinking enough water and it's causing my muscles to trap every bit they can. Or something along those lines anyway. Lol.

Well it's Monday, the start of a new week and chance for me to make it better!

Have a great week ladies!

My weight loss came to a screeching halt when I started weight training, and yes, water water water...and green tea, helped tremendously!

PrairieGirl
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Aleara and Melokoton I've added your names to the spreadsheet here:

Feel free to go on and enter your SW, CW, GW, and measurements if desired. The spreadsheet automatically saves when you make updates. Weekly weigh-ins begin on Thursdays. So you CW will go in the Jan 5th column. You can update any day that works for you.

Welcome to the challenge!

Delphi
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
:welcome: alero and melo

insideme ~ Goodluck with TOM.

angmac ~ Water is key..but for me, no matter how much I drink my body just wants to retain, retain, retain and I have no clue why either. Our bodys are one of those fascinating things that does what it does regardless of what we do sometimes. Can be frustrating but we just have to weather the storm I suppose.

Well just checking in. All this talk of water retention and yet again, I am doing the same. I think it has a lot to do with the gum I'm chewing. I have noticed that chewing gum with sorbitol in it causes me to bloat and even have really bad cramping, so I am going to lay off the orbit gum and see if I straighten out. In any case, you ladies keep up the good work.

AngMac
01-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Well up and at 'em!!! I have a free session with a personal trainer in an hour. I'm sooooo excited but really nervous all at the same time. Hope she can at least point me in the right direction. I need it! Wish me luck and have a great day all!

kateleestar
01-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Good morning, dears! I'm at 202.3 today. Holding steady... its like my body knows whats coming and and wants... me... to... wait. And WAIT. Lol.

Oh well, I'll keep going. I ate really well yesterday, and plan to today, so that should result in something... something good, hopefully. I want to AT LEAST be at 199 in Jan. Gracious, lol, this is harder than my 3 month plateau when I was on plan the whole time and worked out daily! CRAZY BODY! :lol:

Go Ang! I've always wanted to just have a trainer for like a week, to get some instructions and make sure what I'm doing is actually benefitting me physically, as opposed to just helping me lose weight...

Delph, Fyre & sassy: I read "food" books all the time.. they just used to be bad-for-me-cookbooks, lol! I've always had an interest in nutrition, and this weigh loss thing has just brought it all out! (And I still eat chicken! I love me some chicken!! :D)

Sum That's a good idea, about the audio books... If I do the outside walking in the spring, I'm gonna do that... I wouldn't want to be hit by a car because I'm reading, lol..

Remember to KEEP GOING everyone! Don't let your "slips" make you fall off the wagon!! :D

AngMac
01-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Wow. 15 mins with the PT and she kicked my butt!!! That's what I need tho! I so wish I could afford to see her at least once or twice a month so she could keep me moving in the right direction and motivated. Oh well, at least Ive started. That counts for something.

AngMac
01-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Oh and I was so ashamed when I found out what my BMI was!!! Ugh!!

Delphi
01-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Drive by posting for me today. Still retaining a bit, but I have cut out the Orbit and hopefully I will even out by our weigh in day. You ladies keep up the good work.

InsideMe
01-11-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm up 2lbs....TOM is in full swing now so I'm hoping it's just water!!!! Weigh in in 2 days....drive by post for me too :)

Sum38
01-11-2012, 09:18 AM
InsideMe Just think how good the swoosh will feel in a few days :D

I am down 2 pounds this morning. I am at 150.5! I haven't been under 150 in 3 + years, I am soooo excited for Friday's weigh in :)

kateleestar
01-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Ang, I'm glad the PT kicked your butt!! And don't worry about the BMI, just think, in a few more visits with the PT you wont have that BMI anymore!! :lol:

And no worries, Inside, TOM will leave soon and take its horrid water weight with it.

And GREAT JOB Sum!! I don't think I'll ever be in the 150's, lol... as I would be a stick, me thinks. ;) But my BFF is 5'3" as well, and 140 is her goal weight. She was 128ish for her wedding, but that was 2 kids ago, so she's aiming for 140 and then will try to maintain that for a bit before deciding to go lower or not. I don't even know what 140 would look like on her, lol... Of course, she's never seen me at 165! HA. And that would be nuuuuttttssss to be within 15lbs of eachother. Weird. I hope all my 15lbs stay in my boobs!! :lol:

Anyways, weighed in at 202 again this morning. I've peed about 4 billion times already today and its not even 9am, so I'm thinking that I'm going to be down tomorrow. This is why I like weighing in daily... I've been doing it since July of last year, and I now know when I'll be up or when I'll be down. It's helped me pay more attention to my body, and disassociate that number as just that - a number. It no longer defines me and I took away its power! Stupid number, lol... Hopefully I'll see 199 next week! And maybe I'll make my 10-lbs-lost-in-Jan goal!!!! :crossed:

Keep going everyone!!! HAVE A GREAT HUMP DAY!!!! :D

shanhat81
01-11-2012, 09:47 AM
I have to say ...

The treadmills (both!) in my apt's gym were broken Monday, so I popped in my "in case of emergency" Jillian Michaels DVD. (The Banish Fat one.)

Haaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrd.

pearl74
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I'd love to join this. My goal is to lose 53 by the summer time so this would give me motivation to work hard.. :)

kateleestar
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
LOL, shan. But just think, if you did that every few days for a month, it wouldn't be!! ;)

And WELCOME PEARL! :D

sassyangies
01-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi ladies.. I hope everyone is doing great and moving right along. I'm finally back on the wagon.. I didn't do too much damage just gained a couple of pounds. My weigh in is tomorrow and I know I am going to be down a few pounds so I'm excited!!!

I hope everyone is having a great week!!

LMMommy
01-11-2012, 01:22 PM
OMG I am cracking up. Is TOM your period? What does it stand for? Well if that's the case, TOM comes in 8 days and the scale wont budge. Man, when I was 20, I would be down 50 lbs in 2 weeks!! Anyway down 9 from Dec. 29th. Hope to be in the 180s by the 19th weigh-in. Thanks so much for this site. It keeps me so motivated. You all have done so well, we should be proud of ourselves!!

LMMommy
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh and good news! I finally fit in my size 10 jeans. Not a pretty site but I zipped them up!!!!!!!!!!!! Size 6 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shanhat81
01-11-2012, 01:50 PM
LOL, shan. But just think, if you did that every few days for a month, it wouldn't be!! ;)

And WELCOME PEARL! :D

This is what I get for being all hubris-istic about doing 4 mi twice this week. :P

But I don't like being bested by a DVD, so I'm doing it again today.

kateleestar
01-11-2012, 03:58 PM
This is what I get for being all hubris-istic about doing 4 mi twice this week. :P

But I don't like being bested by a DVD, so I'm doing it again today.

LOL. I do that... the 'youre gonna make me hate walking up stairs so I WILL BEST YOU!!'

Lol.. good job!

PrairieGirl
01-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Pearl74 Welcome to the challenge. You can add your information to the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqliEwhlogH6dGdUWVZWa3JCN0JCUUFVako4S3NCT UE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Weigh-ins are on Thursdays, but you can weigh in whenever is convenient for you, Thursday is just the first day of the new week for us.

The spreadsheet automatically saves when you make changes and there is a place for SW, weekly, GW and Measurements.

Mostly we're just having fun getting motivated for swimsuit season!

Sum I'm really excited for you!

AngMac Good job getting to the gym and facing the dreaded BMI, but don't let it get you down! I ran a marathon with a BMI of 30, it's only one measurement tool, not the whole package!

Great work ladies! Keep it up! Weigh-ins for the week of Jan 12-18 start tomorrow!

PrairieGirl
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh I forgot!

I have a date on Friday. I've been doing online dating off and on for the past 2 years. I'm tired of it. Anyway, so I had made a resolution not to pursue this anymore and then on Dec 30th I got a message from this guy and he seemed really nice. I told him I was done with the online dating site so we took our conversation to email and have been chatting on the phone and email since then and we're going to meet this Friday.

So, I needed something to wear. This is a problem for me. I actually haven't bought any new clothing since I started losing weight. All my clothes are giant on me or I've altered them (I'm not a professional seamstress). But I want to look really hot for this date. I've spent two nights this week trying to find a casual outfit that fits, looks hot, but not slutty, and suit my style for this date and I can't find anything! Although I'm fitting into size 8's so I feel really good about that since all my pants are mangled size 16's. Any outfit suggestions?

I'm going to try shopping again tomorrow after work and if that fails I'm not entirely sure what to wear! lol

Delphi
01-12-2012, 12:25 AM
prairegirl ~ :carrot: :carrot: That is awesome about your date. I do hope it goes well. I give up the dating scene like 5 years ago and still struggle with even wanting to find "someone." I have no outfit suggestions as I am your simple t-shirt and jeans type of girl. Though regardless you have earned this and I am sure you will look smokin'.

Lmommy ~ First of all :congrat: on getting into those jeans. That is an awesome milestone. Yes, TOM does mean "Time of the month" ;)

sassyangies ~ :woohoo: on getting back on the wagon. Now this time it is your time to fly girlfriend. You CAN do this.

pearl ~ :welcome: to our little slice of 3FC heaven.

shanhat ~ At least you improvised and that is awesome. That really tells the tale. It really shows how dedicated you are. :bravo:

katelee ~ :lol: I was thinking to myself "4 billion" times and I was beside myself. The only time I believe I have ever had to relieve myself so much was during my pregnancies..and oh the horror. In any case, for us all that "relieving" ourselves is a good sign. I'm sure you are gonna get a whoosh real soon. Viva La Whoosh!!!

sum ~ You're my hero. Way to go on those 2 pounds. You are well on your way. :bravo:

Well...when I drive post I miss a lot. In any case, you ladies are doing super awesome. I am doing alright. Staying on plan, but my appetite as been a bit insatiable as of late, though I have managed to keep it under control. I have no clue why though. My body likes being over indulged though and I think this is its way of battling with me. Though, I'll get through it. I am having my NSVs lately to. I'm starting to see the physical changes again which is plenty motivation in itself. I finally saw the scale move as well but it is slow going this month.

Well it is almost time for me to start the night shift, so you ladies take it easy and keep doing your thing.

kateleestar
01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Good luck tomorrow night, Prairie!! I have a story! :lol: Anyways, I "looked" for a guy for a few years, and then my mom got sicker, so I stopped to concentrate on my family... Long story short, my mom passed away in June of 2006, and In August 2006 I met my current husband. We started dating in Jan 2007 and our 3rd wedding anniversary was this past October. I know its weird to say that when I stopped looking, there he was, but it literally happened like that! lol. Oh well.

Good luck finding clothing! I'm at a point where my 14's are literally falling off me but I only have one 12 jeans, so I wear them a lot - I'm too cheap to go out and buy more, I'll be out of them soon, lol.. I don't know what stores they have up there, or I'd try to help you out more! Good luck with the outfit-finding and with the date! WOO!

Delphi, you know, I peed so much yesterday, and I weighed the same darn thing today. Cheezus. Oh well. This is why my motto/saying is Keep Going, because I have to. UGH. I give up now and what? I'm still at 202. LOL, GRR!!! :lol: Here's to more peeing today, and a woosh sooner than later! I'll have a drink (of more water!) to that! ;)

I've been doing my IF-ish way of eating, and I think its helping. I dont really feel like eating until 4/4:30pm so its not an issue, and I enjoy eating a larger meal during the evening and eating actual dinner with my DH. HOPEFULLY these next few weeks I stay on plan.. I want to be out of the obese BMI category by what would have been my mom's 65th b-day on 4/14.. I need to be at 190 to do that. And I have 93 days. I think I can loose, what, 11 lbs by then? :crossed:

Keep going, and have a GREAT day everyone!! :D

sassyangies
01-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi ladies.. I am so happy to say I have lost 5 pounds this week!! I'm super excited I think I would've lost more, but we ate out twice this last week so I think that probably made me not loose as much.
It sounds like you guys are doing great! I've been so busy lately it's been hard to stay and keep up with everyone and what there doing.

Kate your story is cute!! I've never done the online dating thing, but I would assume it could be fun and nerve racking all at once. I've been with my husband since I was 15 so I kinda just skipped the dating scene all together.

Prairiegirl good luck on your date. Sounds exciting!

Delphi I here ya on your appetite. My body likes to be over indulged too. Lately I just want to eat everything in site. So annoying. Glad your having your NSV's though. That's awesome!!

Ok ladies.. I got some house cleaning to do so hopefully I'll check back in later or tomorrow!!

AngMac
01-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Kate unfortunately for me I can not afford the personal trainer. It was a free session that I got with my membership to the gym. However, she did point out a few important things that I needed to know.

I have been to the gym everyday since Saturday except for Monday and I won't get to go tomorrow, but it's still a great accomplishment for me! I work 12 hours every Monday and Friday so it makes it really hard to go those two days. Anyway, I'm on my way to a healthier, better, smaller ME!!!

Prairiegirl if you feel comfortable in them, I would try and find some skinny jeans with heels. My husband thinks they are soooo sexy! I'm not comfortable in them but my 11 year old baby girl said "mom you rock those skinny jeans". Lol. Those with a sexy yet sophisticated top will knock his socks off!!! You go girl. I can't wait til I see the 150's again. It seems like its so far away!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

kateleestar
01-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Kate your story is cute!! I've never done the online dating thing, but I would assume it could be fun and nerve racking all at once. I've been with my husband since I was 15 so I kinda just skipped the dating scene all together.

Thanks! I met my DH at work. I had known him for a while, but we sat reaaaaallllyy far apart in our cubes, and I didn't really know him, save for a friend that sat close by. Well, I moved to be by a window, and... the rest is history! lol.

Kate unfortunately for me I can not afford the personal trainer. It was a free session that I got with my membership to the gym. However, she did point out a few important things that I needed to know.

I have been to the gym everyday since Saturday except for Monday and I won't get to go tomorrow, but it's still a great accomplishment for me! I work 12 hours every Monday and Friday so it makes it really hard to go those two days. Anyway, I'm on my way to a healthier, better, smaller ME!!!

Oh, sweetie, me either! Which is why I do my Walk Away the Pounds DVD's in my living room! :lol: I figure it like this: ANY extra movement I do during the day is another calorie (or 100!) burned, so it's all going in my "bank".. and if I keep it up, I'm "saving" for a better me.. and in the end, I'll "withdraw" my healther thinner self! WIN! ;) The knowledge she gave you was useful and you can build on it! Win-win! :D

Keep going everyone!! :D

AngMac
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Kate something else I wanted to mention....we apparently have a lot of things (not all good things) in common. My mother passed away in March of 2006. She would've turned 65 this past Friday! It does take all your energy and focus to help out with a sick parent and the stress takes its tole on us sometimes. (I gained probably 40 pounds durig my mom's sickness and after she passed) My mother lived with me and my ex husband the last 6 months of her life. It took a toll on our marriage an in 2009 I finally gave up on it. Now I am happier than I've ever been. Life has a strange way of worki out sometimes.

LMMommy
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Ok girls, question for you. I am supposed to eat 1200 to 1500 calories a day and today I am unsatiable!!!! I have already eaten 1300 calories and havent even had dinner. I HATE hunger pains! Do you ever have days that you CAN NOT get enought to eat? What do you do? Give in? Or do you just deal with the hunger? I am so mad at myself but I am STARVING!!

AngMac
01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
LMMommy are you drinking enough water? In my experience it's better to eat "good calories" than to have hunger pains. If your stomach is growling you either need to drink more or just eat good foods. Broccoli would be a good choice if you like it. Sorry if that didn't help, but I feel your pain!!! I've been hungry all day. Problem for me is that I was stuck at work without enough good food so my choice was bad food from vending machine or hunger pains. I just kept drinking water! Room temperature water seems to fill me up more than cold. Good luck!

Delphi
01-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Lmommy ~ I would eat a little protein, it will go a long way in making you feel fuller longer. I try to eat a little protein with my meals just for that reason. I also consume most of my calories towards the end of my day and run real light in the beginning. We all just have to find what works best for us without starving. Also you can still eat but just make sure you exercise an hour after you do eat, then you still have a good day and hopefully burn the extra off.

sassy ~ That is amazing. :bravo: on those 5 pounds.

katelee ~ I think that is totally enough time to accomplish that goal and what a great goal it is. How does IFing work for you? I don't really consider what I do as IFing but I guess it would fit into it. I get up about 3 in the afternoon and usually do not eat until dinner (for the boys but breakfast for me) which is about 6:30ish and don't eat again until 11 or so. Usually most of my calories are consume between a very short window. I try not to eat unless I am hungry and when I eat, I want to be full. I tried the smaller more frequent meals thing and just could not do it. Seemed like I was even hungrier all the time.

Well official weigh in for me today is 0.2 shy of 184 :( But I can deal with 185 today. Well it is almost time for me to start work, so you ladies have a good evening.

Sum38
01-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Official weigh in date; 151 Minus 1 pound.

Delphi
01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
:bravo: Sum

AngMac
01-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Well as I figured I'm up from my original weigh in but not from last week! It's expected since I've started working out! Have a great day ladies!

Delphi
01-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Angmac ~ Our weight fluctuates too much if you ask me. Would the weight loss Gods just cut us some slack in at least that area for crying out loud. :lol:

Well ladies I had a not so good night. I am just now getting off work and I managed to eat 2000 calories. :( The thing about having this bodybugg is that I know exactly how far I can take my calories for an alloted 24 hours. Most of the time it is a godsend but other times like last night/this morning, I say, well I burned X amount of calories, so as long as I don't go over that, then I'm maintaining. But I don't want to maintain, I want to lose. I guess I just have those nights (as nights are the equivalent of your days) where I just keep grabbing stuff. I think it may have to do with me quitting the gum. I think I may just have to find me a brand of gum that doesn't have sorbitol or sugar in it. Any suggestions?

In any case, I am clocking out and taking my butt to bed.

InsideMe
01-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Drive by post....Up to 192, just a pound but I still have TOM so hopefully I get a whoosh next week!

Have a great weekend gals!

kateleestar
01-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Kate something else I wanted to mention....we apparently have a lot of things (not all good things) in common. My mother passed away in March of 2006. She would've turned 65 this past Friday! It does take all your energy and focus to help out with a sick parent and the stress takes its tole on us sometimes. (I gained probably 40 pounds durig my mom's sickness and after she passed) My mother lived with me and my ex husband the last 6 months of her life. It took a toll on our marriage an in 2009 I finally gave up on it. Now I am happier than I've ever been. Life has a strange way of working out sometimes.

Thats crazy, Ang! :) And I agree, not in a good way, lol... But in a I'm-growing-up-NOW kind of way. Do you find it hard to deal with peoples crap now? And attitudes? I was talking to one of my Aunts the other day, her mom recently passed away at 80-something (lucky!) and she was saying how she doesn't really want to deal with meaningless drama. And I had this eppiphany and I realized.. Oh, wow. I'm the SAME WAY! :lol: It made me feel so much better and less mean. LOL.

I didn't gain weight then, I was already overweight, but not to the 280-degree.. I was maybe 210? 215? I have no idea, I didn't care to weigh myself. I gained a bunch when I met my DH and started going out to dinner all the freaking time, lol... We didn't do anything but eat and watch movies and sit around. I wasn't like that before, and after losing about 15lbs before we got married, I piled it all back on and more after. And then I went to the gyno in June of 2010 and they told me I weighed 279 and I was all 'WTF?!' :lol: That was my kick-in-the-pants moment. I haven't looked back since! :D

I was 24 when my mom passed, but I had an "old mom" :lol:.. How old are you? I don't know many people my age (or then) who were "young" when they lost a parent.

kateleestar
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
katelee ~ I think that is totally enough time to accomplish that goal and what a great goal it is. How does IFing work for you? I don't really consider what I do as IFing but I guess it would fit into it. I get up about 3 in the afternoon and usually do not eat until dinner (for the boys but breakfast for me) which is about 6:30ish and don't eat again until 11 or so. Usually most of my calories are consume between a very short window. I try not to eat unless I am hungry and when I eat, I want to be full. I tried the smaller more frequent meals thing and just could not do it. Seemed like I was even hungrier all the time.

Well official weigh in for me today is 0.2 shy of 184 :( But I can deal with 185 today. Well it is almost time for me to start work, so you ladies have a good evening.

I do a sort of IF. I'm not really a morning eater. I'm WAY tooooo busy at work, and I already get up at 5am, so I don't really feel like getting up earlier to spend time eating/making breakfast. I also enjoy having my big meal be towards the end of the day. I work 6:30 - 3, and I'm home around 4. I eat a big spinach salad & then workout... I make dinner and then we eat when my DH gets home, and that can range from 5:30 to 7, depending on his work schedule that week. If its later at night, I make sure our meal is less carby and more veggie oriented, lol... It works out well for my schedule! I tried the smaller and more frequent meals too and it didn't work out. It made me too concentrated on when I was going to eat again, and to get out of my over eating pattern, I really had to seperate myself from the food and realize that its not always for joy, its for FUEL! I'm italian, so this was hard! Not associating fun & food & family & love is REALLY HARD for me. UGH. But I'm a loooot better than I used to be!

And I can't wait to be at 185!! Don't be disappointed in the almost-184, think of how far you've come and what you've accomplished! :D

Ang I started a bigger workout schedule yesterday, and besides my horridly sore arms, my scale only went up a lb, to 203. I'm SHOCKED, lol, but I'll accept it. I'm also shocked about how much I'm NOT sore in my legs! That tells me I'm doing GOOD in the leg department! :) Good job on the upping your workouts, your heart thanks you! ;)

Have a great weekend too, Inside!

Keep going everyone! Don't let the weekend throw you off!

AngMac
01-13-2012, 09:54 AM
KateI am 34. I was 28 when I lost my mom. It seems like yesterday though. I have a brother that is 8 years older than I am so I know what you mean about an "old" mom. She didn't seem old to me but was older than most of my friends parents.

I also understand the weight sneaking up on you. I noticed the weight going on me but didn't realize how "big" I was until I looked at pictures from a vacation to the beach. It was awful. I looked like a beached whale! That's kind of how I felt but still didn't realize it was that bad. As bad as it was then, now I look back at those pics and don't remember me looking that big the first time I saw them. It's weird how that works. (hope that makes sense. Lol)

Mom In Wonderland
01-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Dropping by to divulge my weigh-in. Yesterday I weighed in at 170. Down 1 more!

PrairieGirl
01-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Well I'm back up to 158, I can blame poor eating habits. I let my workplace feed me breakfast and lunch most days (and took leftovers home for dinner everyday) for the last 2 weeks because it's cheaper and easier than feeding myself. But the food is not great so I need to suck it up and pack my lunches. I've been working out hard, but eating is the key right?

Be sure to make your updates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqliEwhlogH6dGdUWVZWa3JCN0JCUUFVako4S3NCT UE&hl=en_US#gid=0 I'm not making them as diligently because I'm back in school and running low on free time.

Good luck ladies!

AngMac
01-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Prairiegirl how did your date go?

sassyangies
01-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi ladies..

Delphi what do you do for living? Just curious because I find myself coming on here late at night or just before going into work at night.. So just curious. And thank you for the encouragement on my weight loss. I thought I would never make it through.

I hope you ladies are doing good. It sounds like everyone is! It's been pretty stressful here the last week at work and at home, but things are coming together so I'm happy to say I hope to have a calm few weeks ahead ya know. I hope I have a good weigh in this thursday. I know as of now I'm down allready but we all know that can change!!

See everyone tomorrow!! Have a good Sunday.

fyreflie24
01-15-2012, 11:30 AM
OMG I am cracking up. Is TOM your period? What does it stand for?
Time Of Month :)

Hey Kiddies!

Well hubby and I cycled a 50k (about 31.4 miles) yesterday as part of a local club's polar bear ride. It was kinda brutal; tons of climbs, but we made it and feel OK this morning :) My nutritionist has me on 1600-1650 calories. It's an exchange system not unlike weight watchers and she'll fine tune the program as she gets to know my body. The increased calories means I really have to stay diligent with workouts. I also have a renewed energy there as I see how the strength and endurance are so critical for rides like the one we did yesterday. My weight hasn't moved a lot but I'm hoping the ride yesterday and the resulting drop will help get things revved for the coming week. I want to be out of the 180s by the end of the month.

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully and welcome to the new folks! Trying to check in more... life's been a bit nuts but I think about you all :)

PrairieGirl
01-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Prairiegirl how did your date go?

Good and bad lol. We had a nice conversation and no awkwardness, he also was exactly what I as expecting, which was nice because sometimes first dates with guys from the website are surprising (for example, the guy's pictures are 10 years old, he's 10 years older than he said, he doesn't actually have a job, he's a Jehovah's Witness, etc...). But the guy wasn't into me at all. This happens to me lots, and I don't get it because I have a number of pics on my dating profile, all are recent, and I include a full body pic, so if the guy isn't into curvy chicks then he shouldn't talk to me. It's confusing and very discouraging.

And on that note, I'm done. I took my profile off the website and I'm not going to make any attempt to date until I reach the vicinity of my goal weight. I'm tired of being rejected and of having my weight to blame, even if it's not the cause. I don't have the confidence to be doing this anymore. Sigh.

Delphi
01-16-2012, 12:31 AM
:hug: prairegirl! Don't you think on it for a minute. If that guy can't see you for the wonderful person you are regardless then good riddens to him. I commend you for putting yourself out there which is something I can not do. So please remember that it isn't you, its them.

fyrefly ~ Oh WOW! 31 miles is an exceptional accomplishment. :congrat:

sassy ~ So sorry you are having a stressful time. I know that stress can hinder our weight loss, so just try to find your inner jedi and try to work past it. ;) And to answer your question, I do medical transcription/editing for a major (the largest) firm in the US of A! So I work at home, but I work my 8 hours every night from 11 pm to 7 am! :)

mominwonderland ~ :bravo: on being another pound down.

angmac ~ Now there is something I can relate to. I got down to 167-164 area and my son died and the weight just had a way of finding it back on me again. You know, before he passed it was very stressful for me though. We were always in and out of hospitals and he required around-the-clock care but I have to say that I never let the stress overwhelm me. I just focused the energy into ensuring that every minute I had was spent enjoying the time I had with him. Gave up work and everything else and at times it was stressful but at the end of the day when I lost him I was so thankful for all the sacrifices I made to share the 4 years I did get to spend with him.

I think the tragedies in our lives are sad and debilitating to a certain extent but at the end of the day those hardships strengthen our character and mold us into the individuals we are today. Even in our darkest of moments there is much to gain and learn.

katelee ~ So what is the new "big" workout schedule. Just curious. I'm finding new ways to stay busy but implementing a regular routine is still lax. I need something that will keep me not bored. :lol:

In any case, I had an okay weekend. Ate at my BMR. That whole last week was bad for me. Well I guess it was okay. I didn't go over, so I guess you could say I just maintained all week. Finally finished the Vampire Journals as well. I think there is 1 more book in the series but it won't come out until March. (sighs) I hate waiting! Now it is on to find me another great series to lose myself in.

Well I guess that is about it. I'm gonna have a great OP week and get another pound down and just do my best. Hope you ladies had a great weekend.

kateleestar
01-16-2012, 10:19 AM
KateI am 34. I was 28 when I lost my mom. It seems like yesterday though. I have a brother that is 8 years older than I am so I know what you mean about an "old" mom. She didn't seem old to me but was older than most of my friends parents.

I also understand the weight sneaking up on you. I noticed the weight going on me but didn't realize how "big" I was until I looked at pictures from a vacation to the beach. It was awful. I looked like a beached whale! That's kind of how I felt but still didn't realize it was that bad. As bad as it was then, now I look back at those pics and don't remember me looking that big the first time I saw them. It's weird how that works. (hope that makes sense. Lol)

Well, for what it's worth its nice to finally meet someone else who lost their mom in their 20's.. Around my parts, its not common. My friends are just loosing grandparents, lol. And my mom never seemed old to me, either, lol... But my BFF's mom was 19 when she had her and my mom was 34 when she had me, lol... It's cool, though. We all got along swimmingly! :D

Way to go on that ride, fyre! Gracious, I think my legs would fall.off. LOL. My BFF's sister wanted us to do a polar bear jump this coming weekend, and... I polietly declined, lol. I'm a cold person as it IS, I cant imagine jumping into freezing water or staying out in it for that long. LOL. Great job though!! :D

katelee ~ So what is the new "big" workout schedule. Just curious. I'm finding new ways to stay busy but implementing a regular routine is still lax. I need something that will keep me not bored.

LOL, I was doing ONE MILE on walk away the pounds every day. :lol: So I upped it to 3 and then one 20 min section on my kettle bell genics dvd.. I'm enjoying a nice plateau from it, sigh, but I feel better being a little sore. I was getting so complacent with just popping in that DVD, and I realized if I want to be 175 by 6/1, I better GET ON IT! Ha. ;)

And on that note, I'm done. I took my profile off the website and I'm not going to make any attempt to date until I reach the vicinity of my goal weight. I'm tired of being rejected and of having my weight to blame, even if it's not the cause. I don't have the confidence to be doing this anymore. Sigh.

My fake little sister (ie, my bff's little sis, as I'm an only child) went through this SAME thing. We had to convince her that she had to be happy as HER before she could be happy with anyone else. After she "gave up" dating, she was single about ... 7 months, maybe 8, and suddenly she ran into this guy at the gym, and low and behold... bam. There he was, and she literally has never been happier. They are completely perfect for eachother. Of course, shes five one and he's like, six eight, but other than that looking very strange, its amazing. LOL. So... hold tight. When its the right time, the right person will be there... Just work on YOU for now, and when you are happy, everything will BE BETTER! :D

And I guess my weekend was regular... I'm at 202.6 as of today, no idea why, other than working out A LOT MORE than I had been. I keep telling myself that if I keep going, I will see results and not to get wrapped up in a timeline, because... holy crap, I have till APRIL and I need to not get so worried about it, lol... SO. Fish tacos for dinner tonight, with my corn tortillas that don't cause me to retain water like the flour ones do, lol, and maybe some mexi-rice, because I found an AMAZING recipe about... 3 months ago and my husband the non-mexican-rice liker actually requests it now. WOO!

KEEP GOING LADIES!! WE GOT THIS. :D