Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Default Exercise Apps

I was wondering if anyone's got any cool exercise tracking apps or motivating apps that they use on their iPhone or iPad? I'd love to learn about some new ones.

Today, I tried GAIN Fitness (iPhone). It's a free app that plans out your whole work out routine based on the criteria you give it. I like it so far, except maybe I made it too short and not challenging enough.

I recently got Think Thin (iPad) which costs like $2 and it was a waste of money cause it's all tips about weight loss that I already knew. Sigh.

Any other good/bad apps out there?
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #2  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Let's see. I use C25K and B210k from bluefin as well as Runkeeper for running/cycling.
Fleetly is good to track anything and they have challenges you can sign up for. It awards you points but also takes points away when you don't workout for a few days.
GAIN I downloaded but haven't tried yet. As well as Jefit, Nike Boom, Nike Training and BodyFitness. I usually grab apps when they are free as a promo and try them out whenever I have time.

I do track my workout times through myfitnesspal too since that calculates and journals my calories throughout the day.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Yeah I use MyFitnessPal as well (friend me? bejbik) but I don't log in my exercising on there because I don't want it to affect my calorie allowance for the day. Not until I'm closer to my goal weight anyway.

How do the running apps work, do you have to buy anything additional to that for it to log in how many steps you took or what?
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #4  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Sent you a friend request :-)

Runkeeper is great. If you run outdoors you just start the app before you run and stop it when you are done. It uses GPS to track your run/ride (distance, time, pace, elevation). When you run/bike indoors you can manually enter what ever the treadmill or stationary bike tells you.
No need to buy the pro app (regular app is free, check it out) or anything equipment.

C25k and B210k are interval training apps. They just show the time and have audio cues on when to walk and when to run. They do have a GPS feature you can add for 99ct but I haven't. They also have a playlist function, so you can use your music while running.

Last edited by josey; 11-29-2011 at 12:34 PM.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote