Old 11-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Talking New (to me at least) sweet 100 cal snack!

I had some mini marshmallows left over from the traditional Thanksgiving sweet potatoes, and I was craving something sweet tonight after dinner and had some calories left. The marshmallows just happened to be sitting next to a can of No Sugar Added Very Cherry Fruit Cocktail and I thought- dingdingdingding! Low calorie ambrosia salad! I had 1 cup of fruit cocktail (60 calories) and 1/4 c. of mini marshmallows (40 cal- and the perfect amount of marshmallows for that amount of fruit cocktail!) for a total of 100 calories!

I didn't have any cool whip in the house, but I was thinking next time I might do half as much fruit salad in exchange for a couple tablespoons of cool whip free to make it even MORE like ambrosia salad. It was really good just like I made it, though, and VERY satisfying for 100 cal! Just had to share!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #2  
Restricting my way down..

S/C/G: 213/ticker/160now150!

Height: 5'4"

Oooo that sounds delicious!
ScottieMama is offline   Reply With Quote